Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 21, 2019 9:06 AM

Oct 2013
ArrRti said:
The final 5 minutes were just as good as in the manga, and the last scene really hurt.

What I'm scared about now though is the next episode. The finale of the fight against the Beast Titan is better suited to be at the end of the episode to have maximum impact. Just like epsiode four's.
The studio would need to fill in the other ~15mins somehow first.

------------
@ketaketaketa
Single phrase replies are bad as they serve no purpose (when being positive) in a "discussion" thread. When being negative they have no other purpose than hate and baiting.
There's no ground to work with that IF someone has the urge to quote you.
In your case though it's somewhat a grey zone as you asked a question, albeit an off topic one. Hope that helps.

May 21, 2019 9:08 AM

May 2018
keragamming said:
ArrRti said:
The final 5 minutes were just as good as in the manga, and the last scene really hurt.

What I'm scared about now though is the next episode. The finale of the fight against the Beast Titan is better suited to be at the end of the episode to have maximum impact. Just like epsiode four's.
The studio would need to fill in the other ~15mins somehow first.

------------
@ketaketaketa
Single phrase replies are bad as they serve no purpose (when being positive) in a "discussion" thread. When being negative they have no other purpose than hate and baiting.
There's no ground to work with that IF someone has the urge to quote you.
In your case though it's somewhat a grey zone as you asked a question, albeit an off topic one. Hope that helps.

Well, yeah. I still hope the studio switches these two story-lines.^^
May 21, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2018
Welp thing weren't doing great for everyone, a lot were dying and Eren and the gang haven't figure out how to own that colossal giant,
May 21, 2019 10:01 AM
May 2017
Hands down one of the best episodes of the show. That conversation between Captain Levi and Erwin and then that speech by Erwin towards all the scouts was amazing.

Waiting for the next episode to see Levi take on the beast titan. Then there are that colossal titan and the newly revived Reiner. What would Armin and others do? This is going to be exciting.
May 21, 2019 11:30 AM

Dec 2014
Do you think this season will reveal the beast titan’s identity?
Is it worth it for me to spoil myself and know who he is?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
Clefairiess said:

You will find out this season, so it is not worth spoiling yourself.
May 21, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2017
Oh my, this episode was thrilling and heartbreaking. The Beast Titan is really something, throwing boulders like that. Erwin's speech was amazing, his words never fail to motivate the others, but it seemed his end has come. Poor him. It is sad, because he will never know what is inside the basement. Which leaves me wondering what he was guessing all along. I hope Levi will be able to take over the lead from Erwin... Can't wait for next week!
May 21, 2019 11:43 AM
Jan 2017
Oh, Lord. Erwin is going to die in the next episode, probably. I am not OK.
May 21, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
Nooooo, Erwin!!! Guess this time it's really the end of the line for him. I will miss his determination and speeches. Eren and crew really are having a tough time with Bertolt and Reiner is on his feet again as well. Next episode should finally be Levi vs the beast titan I guess, can he really take him down? I mean he even defeated Reiner with ease apparently, this will be so good.
May 21, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2019
Clefairiess said:

Do not do that. You are here, don't spoil yourself, wait till the Season is over and then pick up the Manga if you can't wait, but now you are already watching it, might as well finish this Season, trust me, you will be thankful.
You son of a .. turtle

May 21, 2019 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
Nim0174 said:
Clefairiess said:

Do not do that. You are here, don't spoil yourself, wait till the Season is over and then pick up the Manga if you can't wait, but now you are already watching it, might as well finish this Season, trust me, you will be thankful.

It's too late now. Thanks to Youtube, I now know his name :'( it's my fault for digging on my grave.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2019 2:08 PM

Apr 2019
Clefairiess said:
Nim0174 said:

It's too late now. Thanks to Youtube, I now know his name :'( it's my fault for digging on my grave.

His name was already revealed in the last Episode, if you don't know more thats fine.
Or was it in Episode 3?
Nim0174May 21, 2019 3:02 PM
You son of a .. turtle

May 21, 2019 2:12 PM

Dec 2014
Nim0174 said:
Clefairiess said:

His name was already revealed in the last Episode, if you don't know more thats fine.

Love you thanks, I'm relieved now.

I hope this season explain more on why they want to capture Eren, etc.
May 21, 2019 4:38 PM
Aug 2018
Bibimbapski said:
Read news that WIT studio is going to stop working on Shingeki no Kyojin. I'm guessing another studio is going to get it instead. It's going to get passed around like other series have.

Anyways, damn that hole in Erwin's side. He doesn't have to worry about eating anymore. He doesn't have a stomach anymore.

Levi about to go wild in the next episode.

I mean there are a lot of rumors and speculations, but no confirmations. It just makes me sad that the upper levels of Wit Studio struggled with scheduling as well as having the animators constantly overworked. If it does change, I hope the quality isn't so obviously jarring and different.

As for this episode, for sure is one of the best of the entire series. :D
May 21, 2019 8:59 PM

Feb 2015
Armin got nervous and passed the leadership to Jean, they tried to attack the colossal titan, but couldn’t due to the steam. Suddenly, the beast titan started to throw giant rocks, and killed the soldiers defeating the smaller titans, the other soldiers freaked out, but Erwin talked with Levy about the counterattack, the plan to distract the beast titan while Levy approaches to him. Erwin talked with the soldiers and they all started a direct attack, using the flares and distance to avoid the rocks as much as they could, a rock hit Erwin severely.

It was intense, especially the end, Erwin leading the attack and receiving a mortal hit. The force may be with you Erwin. About the animation, the colossal titan didn’t has that much screen time and the close ups were in 2d, so everything ok there.
Atlas77Aug 19, 2019 9:27 PM
May 22, 2019 2:22 AM

Mar 2019
Well that was an awesome episode, damn that speech had so much power and emotion behind it as well. Action and music were on point. I hope Erwin survives.. Some how. One of the best characters imo
May 22, 2019 3:15 AM
May 2019
I wonder how'd they beat the enemies though. 🤔
May 22, 2019 5:19 AM

Jun 2017
F to the Fallen Warriors, you will be Remembered Commander Erwin. The Suicide charge of the soldiers were perfect as the soldiers were feeling both scared and brave at the same time, the speech of Commander Erwin was just perfect for the situation.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 22, 2019 5:29 AM

Jun 2012
I was almost expecting a trump card from the scouts but then I remembered this is AoT, and that's part of why I love this series so much.

May 22, 2019 6:22 AM
May 2012
I'd be screaming if I was riding a horse towards death.
May 22, 2019 7:10 AM

Jul 2009
sim0n2170 said:
Aiaigasa said:

I can already sense the edits
There’s already a great one on r/snk https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/bqw9ut/anime_spoilers_erwin_smiths_bizarre_adventure/

I love it. Thanks for sharing!
May 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Jan 2016
I didn't expect for Erwin to die... Rip comrade...
May 22, 2019 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
fk, that escalated quickly
May 22, 2019 5:34 PM

Apr 2013
Erwin, the man the legend.
May 22, 2019 7:05 PM
Jul 2017
"For those who died ignominiously and those who died gloriously, the pain when they handed their heads to the enemy was no different. Realizing this, the true attitude of a warrior is to determine that if you are going to have to give up your life anyway, you may as well die heroically, startling enemies and allies alike, regretted by employers and commanders, an honor to your posterity for all time."
- Taira Shigesuke, Bushido Shoshinshu
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 23, 2019 12:04 AM
May 2019
Fork95 said:
Perfect game episode. Nothing to complain.
The fear and anxiety of the scared soldiers was amazing. Erwin' speech was great.
Can't wait for next episode

Hell yeah
It's been three years since I read this chapter and there's nothing more satisfying than this
May 23, 2019 6:10 AM

Nov 2017
What a beautiful episode. Got me on the edge of my seat. Very great speeches.
The boulder throwing was epicly done. Looked amazing! I wonder when they are gonna make an efford to even attempt getting to the basement

plz @ me
May 23, 2019 7:46 AM
Jun 2017
10/10
Great episode

The emotion is there, and the FEAR AMONG THEM IS BEING FELT IN THIS ONE...

As armins team (mikasa, eran, jean etc) are having a hard time planning on how they can beat collosal titan. Even armin gve his position to jean but still they dont have any idea on how they can do it..

While on captain levi's team, only those newly recruited are the ones who are remaining alongside with him (and erwin). The FEAR AND DESPERATION FOR THEIR LIVES IS THERE as beast titan are throwing some boulders...

And here comes their plan, THE SUICIDE PLAN... erwin might also gave his last words..

Im ready for next episode.
May 24, 2019 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
sad for the new recruits have to go all out for that
May 24, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2018
Levi is gonna go apeshit. No pun.
May 24, 2019 9:45 PM

Apr 2019
I know it's unlikely, but I hope Erwin survives, definitely one of my favorite characters.
May 25, 2019 2:34 AM

Jan 2018
I'll admit, I'm not a huge SNK fan, but holy SHIT. This episode definitely improved my overall opinion of the series. That was an emotional rollercoaster. The slow-mo segment of the rock fragments passing by Levi and the scenes thereafter were brilliantly executed, too. Man.. the whole episode had me on the edge of my seat.

But that CG of the colossal titan was OmegaLUL.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

May 25, 2019 4:21 AM
May 2019
Greyleaf said:
I'll admit, I'm not a huge SNK fan, but holy SHIT. This episode definitely improved my overall opinion of the series. That was an emotional rollercoaster. The slow-mo segment of the rock fragments passing by Levi and the scenes thereafter were brilliantly executed, too. Man.. the whole episode had me on the edge of my seat.

But that CG of the colossal titan was OmegaLUL.

Im glad you enjoyed it! Tomorrows episode will be even more crazy with all the talented staff working on the upcoming episode!
http://twitter.com/AoTWiki/status/1131862097955098625
Weebover9000May 25, 2019 4:56 AM
May 25, 2019 6:44 AM

Dec 2010
Episode was amazing. Ugh.
May 25, 2019 7:24 AM

Dec 2015
Fucking hell that ending. Leave it up to Erwin to hype me the fuck up lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 25, 2019 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
Non manga reader here. Since Eren can control titans as seen in season 2, I hope he uses the same technique in this fight.
May 25, 2019 1:52 PM

Apr 2019
Clefairiess said:
Non manga reader here. Since Eren can control titans as seen in season 2, I hope he uses the same technique in this fight.

The titans are at the other side of the wall. And half of them are gonna get killed by levi anyway
KiliminiMay 25, 2019 2:15 PM
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
May 25, 2019 2:11 PM

Dec 2014
Kilimini said:
Clefairiess said:

The titans are at the other side of the wall. And half of them arr gonna grt killed by levi anyway

Can't he control the clossal ? :p lol
May 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Apr 2019
Clefairiess said:
Kilimini said:

The titans are at the other side of the wall. And half of them arr gonna grt killed by levi anyway

Can't he control the clossal ? :p lol

That would be too beautiful hahahahahaha
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
May 25, 2019 2:47 PM

Nov 2008
My favorite parts is the Beast Titan playing Baseball and the Colossal Titan punting Eren right into the Wall.

Also I completely disagree about the CGI on the Colossal Titan, he looks fantastic with that mix of CG and 2D animation and I like Red Mist after the Beast barraged the living hell out of them.
May 25, 2019 4:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
These last few episodes been focusing solely on this battle, the pacing has slowed down alot, but it also helps to see it all this detail, tense.

Almost feels like cheating that Beast Titan has all those brains and power, but this was never a fair fight either.

Hearing Bertholdt saying they all have to die, accept their extermination, is just a bunch of BS, zero lack of emphaty for this asshole.

Erwin is the man right now, what a development these characters been having, I think I will legit cry next episode...
May 25, 2019 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
Beautiful. This episode was simply beautiful. It truly left me speechless, therefore I will refrain from commenting it vastly. I can only say that art, animation, direction, atmosphere, dialogues etc. in my oppinion were definitely 11/10. ;-)

Every next episode is better than the previous one and we are not even in the middle of this cour. I'm excited to think how will this Season's finale look like.
May 25, 2019 5:48 PM
May 2019
Playcool said:
These last few episodes been focusing solely on this battle, the pacing has slowed down alot, but it also helps to see it all this detail, tense.

Almost feels like cheating that Beast Titan has all those brains and power, but this was never a fair fight either.

Hearing Bertholdt saying they all have to die, accept their extermination, is just a bunch of BS, zero lack of emphaty for this asshole.

Erwin is the man right now, what a development these characters been having, I think I will legit cry next episode...

The pacing may seem slow, but its actually adapting two chapters per ep, which is like around 80 pages of content, haha, which is perfect pacing for this arc
May 26, 2019 10:08 AM

May 2015
SASAGEYO TO YOUR DEATH BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 26, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
This episode makes you rage so hard in a good way. RIP the Scouts
May 27, 2019 2:50 PM

Nov 2018
That was... fabulous.
May 28, 2019 11:10 PM

Jul 2012
OMG That was one of the best episodes of anime I've seen in a while. Erwin is such an amazing character. I just sat there in awe watching the ED until it was over.

RAGE, MY SOLDIERS!
SCREAM, MY SOLDIERS!
FIGHT, MY SOLDIERS!

Goddamn, I can't get over how fantastic that speech was!!
May 29, 2019 6:13 PM

Sep 2018
Uwaahhhh many survey cops got died again :( Erwin :(
May 31, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2014
Erwin's moment in the manga was really great and the anime is sure doing him justice.
RIP once again you badass mofo.
Jun 15, 2019 9:07 PM
Dec 2017
Man... Why the heck did I have to let myself like Erwin? It all started with the end of season 2. He had earned my respect and I began to see him as a likable and admirable character... This episode really hurt.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.