Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 20, 2019 5:13 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was one hell of a bleak episode, but it was also exceptionally well done. I'm just hoping that at least some of this effort actually proves to be worthwhile in the end.
May 20, 2019 5:33 AM

Mar 2013
This Part is a jaw-dropping scene when I read the manga, and I'm not disappointed when It got it animated... The Direction are so great, music, animation, everything...

I'm crying when Erwin giving his speech... Really good, easily the best episode in the season so far.
May 20, 2019 5:39 AM

Jul 2016
SO Hange is dead for sure?

I want more freaky science lady.
May 20, 2019 6:30 AM
Mar 2018
Cenedess said:
So sad about Erwin :( really the heart of this series for me, I wonder who's gonna take that torch from him... I don't believe that Levi will take Beast down and that makes it even sadder... when does Eren realise he's the Coordinate? Maybe him being on top of the wall now will enable him to see the massacre below, and he's gonna do something unexpected...
The one thing they should've done after blowing Armored's neck up was to drag Reiner out and fricking quarter his body - they've seen regenerating limbs and stuff, why trust that it's enough to blow his upper body up and leave him in this armor?? Stupid.
Also, I find Beast's choice of words weird and puzzling - why "perfect game"? Are they gonna insist that baseball exists in this universe?? Or is it like... are the titans from the other side of the wall in another era? Is it a society that evolved way quicker than our protagonists' and they have things we consider modern (or at least XIXth century) like baseball? But why not modern weapons then?:p Or am I reading too much into it, and it's just an anachronism because the Japanese love baseball so much :p

Without giving away too much,

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2019 7:16 PM
May 20, 2019 6:37 AM
Nov 2017
Honestly, I'd go to attack on titans dimension just to get a haircut
May 20, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
dasprn said:
sim0n2170 said:
Episode 53 Endcard by Kazuya Nuri

Is there any site for all the ED cards?
on their twitter page https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki
May 20, 2019 6:59 AM
May 2019
WordIsBond said:
I always thought the beast titan was Erwin's Dad.

Is it because they look similar? That doesnt necessarily tend to mean=related in AOT
May 20, 2019 7:00 AM
May 2016

One thing I just wanna say too was that this episodes direction was phenomenal. The scenes in the first half showing the Beast Titan massacring the scouts with the boulders was so, so fucking well done it was unreal. This ep handled the absolute dread humanity was feeling against these foes absolutely perfectly. Still have chills over the first scene where the rocks fly by Levi in slow-motion followed by the dying throes of the scouts.
May 20, 2019 7:02 AM
Mar 2018
WordIsBond said:
Weebover9000 said:

Is it because they look similar? That doesnt necessarily tend to mean=related in AOT

If I recall correctly they never show him getting executed. He just disappeared. Beast titan seems to be the leader so he must be very knowledgeable. Like Erwin's Dad was. It was just something I thought would be cool.

What is your view then on him killing his own son ?
May 20, 2019 7:14 AM
Mar 2018
WordIsBond said:
vihan said:

What is your view then on him killing his own son ?

We don't know if he's dead yet. I mean unless you read the manga which I haven't.

Neither have i but i don't think he will survive.. as he was prepared to die to get away from this hell so i don't think he will survive tbh.
May 20, 2019 7:35 AM

May 2015
WordIsBond said:
If I recall correctly they never show him getting executed. He just disappeared. Beast titan seems to be the leader so he must be very knowledgeable. Like Erwin's Dad was. It was just something I thought would be cool.

I don't like to be that guy, but they do show Erwin's dad getting tortured to death by the internal police back in season 3 part 1...

May 20, 2019 7:37 AM
Mar 2018
ImbalancedEmblem said:
WordIsBond said:

I don't like to be that guy, but they do show Erwin's dad getting tortured to death by the internal police back in season 3 part 1...

But that isn't confirmed death, his body was not shown. It could be that his father escaped ? I have no clue tbh. 😅
May 20, 2019 7:41 AM
May 2019
vihan said:
ImbalancedEmblem said:

But that isn't confirmed death, his body was not shown. It could be that his father escaped ? I have no clue tbh. 😅

The story has kinda made it quite clear that the MPs torture and leave anyone to rot or execute them if they know any type of secret, they're normally not that lenient on prisoners who know things that could cause a lot of trouble, so him escaping is not likely. There has been an off screen death tho, Levis mom in the first part.
May 20, 2019 7:44 AM
Mar 2018
Weebover9000 said:
vihan said:

The story has kinda made it quite clear that the MPs torture and leave anyone to rot or execute them if they know any type of secret, they're normally not that lenient on prisoners who know things that could cause a lot of trouble, so him escaping is not likely. There has been an off screen death tho, Levis mom in the first part.

Could be ? Another fact i have noticed is that the beast titan with glasses for some eeire reason reminds me of grisha yeager 😶 a brother maybe ? Don't spoil though XD
May 20, 2019 7:52 AM

May 2017
Holy sh*t

That's all I can say. What an amazing episode again. If AoT wasn't a classic yet, it will be after this season...
May 20, 2019 7:54 AM
Dec 2016
The way Erwin already had the confidence to lead everyone to death with his words and then later proving it!! One of the most memorable episodes of the series.
May 20, 2019 7:57 AM
Jan 2016
I know this day will come. Erwin, big salute for you...that speech was amazing and look at the soldier, they're all ready to face their deaths...that's just crazy but that's the only option. I still think that maybe they can use Eren but with that condition I think it's impossible. And Erwin, big honor for you...
May 20, 2019 8:34 AM
Jan 2019
the scouts are cornered and they are looking pretty bad, you could say that the beast titan really played a perfect game
May 20, 2019 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
JustMonaka said:
Connie's "Yeager" pun at the very beginning was so cringe it came full circle into being funny lol

Could you explain the Yeagar pun? They translated it to eavesdropping in the English sub which I got but seemed like a reach.
May 20, 2019 9:53 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Fucking christ that Erwin speech. I definitly felt it and almost shed a tear.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 20, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2013
operationvalkyri said:
JustMonaka said:
Connie's "Yeager" pun at the very beginning was so cringe it came full circle into being funny lol

Could you explain the Yeagar pun? They translated it to eavesdropping in the English sub which I got but seemed like a reach.

Basically, Connie was saying that Eren's house could be destroyed along with the rest of the city, which he omitted to "Eren's house could be...". In Japanese, the sentence is "Eren no ie ga..." which sounds similar to "Eren no Yeager".
May 20, 2019 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
Easily the best episode since season 1, it was good to see them spend time developing the emotions of the moment rather than just trying to force the story forward.
May 20, 2019 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
I hope Erwin does not die :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2019 12:00 PM

Sep 2011
Goddamn I really want to know what will happen eventually on this fight but I must be patient and not to spoil myself.

May 20, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2015
Only AOT can get my blood pumping enough to give me a headache, this is one of if not the greatest episode I've ever seen period.
SaisterMay 20, 2019 12:55 PM

"The difference between a Weeaboo and an Anime Fan,
a Weeaboo wants to marry their favourite characters, a True Anime Fan wants to see them happy"
-inspired by some guy in the comments section of gogo
May 20, 2019 12:57 PM
May 2019
Erwin still Alive. But untill... Probably 1 episode more
May 20, 2019 2:03 PM
Aug 2018
Akahiro said:
Rukodaime91 said:
Great episode. At first I was like "Heyyy, it seems really convenient that Bestial Titan is just standing around insteal of attacking" but having a titan just throwing rocks and killing everything in sight is scary...

I honestly don't see how Eren can win...

Just as a side note :
Maybe it's just me but I don't remember there were some Titans so close to the wall just standing in a straight line ? (when they all appear, they are close to the colossal titan and I don't think there is much point to have titan near the wall when Colossal Titan is playing baseball with boulder). Seems a little too "convenient" but since this episode was great, ok, Levi, time to go hunting !

these titans appeared with the beast titan in the first episode from his both sides... and basically making half a circle from the beast to the walls... he doesnt want anyone to escape under his nose does he 😉
If u speak about the colossal.. he is in the other side of the wall bro... in shiganshina district. .. remember the view we've been given when erwin was standing on the wall

Well, I re-watched the end of episode 50. If you look at 22:07 (just before the to be continued), you can see that, when they appear, the closest titan is at least 100-200 meters away from the nearest house. The "funny thing" is, they only show the titan close to the wall in a line in the "drawing version" when they explain at 21:14 in the 51 episode.

But, maybe it's because the circle is so great that each time they show a POV from where Erwin is standing you only see a straight line in front of them and not the actual circle.

The only thing I can say for sure is that, at the time of the appearance, there were no Titans near the wall for at least 200 hundred meters.
May 20, 2019 2:07 PM

Jan 2017
Ryais said:
Only AOT can get my blood pumping enough to give me a headache, this is one of if not the greatest episode I've ever seen period.

lol 100% agreed  
May 20, 2019 3:10 PM
May 2019
Someone know how censorhip works in season 3? I am scared for the imminent episodes considering how they add the smoke in all the bloody scenes
May 20, 2019 3:15 PM
May 2019
Jockeys said:
Someone know how censorhip works in season 3? I am scared for the imminent episodes considering how they add the smoke in all the bloody scenes

Basically, TV watchers in japan are getting tired of animated gore, so thats why you're seeing a lot more anime censorship these days. I could be remembering wrong though
May 20, 2019 3:22 PM
May 2019
Why they don't remove smoke even in the blu ray?
May 20, 2019 3:25 PM
May 2019
Jockeys said:
Why they don't remove smoke even in the blu ray?

Most blu ray anime sets ive seen for anime dont alter aired scenes, they just spice up the quality and thats pretty much it.
May 20, 2019 3:38 PM
Dec 2015
anyone know the OST played when Erwin was giving his speech (the one with piano)?
May 20, 2019 3:42 PM
May 2019
W123 said:
anyone know the OST played when Erwin was giving his speech (the one with piano)?

We wont get it for a while until this season ends and they put the ost out, but im assuming its another remix.
May 20, 2019 4:39 PM

Jun 2015
i've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the episode where everything goes down.. can't wait
May 20, 2019 5:50 PM

Oct 2013
I haven't been blown away by an episode like this one for a loooong time.

I'm speechless.

May 20, 2019 6:14 PM

Jul 2017
No exaggeration, but this was without a shade of a doubt the best AoT episode i've ever seen. Literally got goosebumps at the end.

Erwin is one hell of a character. What stupendous bravery. Much respect to this man. I just can't wait for the next episode!
May 20, 2019 6:53 PM

Feb 2014
sim0n2170 said:
dasprn said:

Is there any site for all the ED cards?
on their twitter page https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki

Thanks for sharing
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 20, 2019 7:16 PM

Oct 2017
Thunderfur said:
I just realized Erwin's voice actor is Jotaro's and ape titan's is Dio's

I can already sense the edits
May 20, 2019 7:37 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

As always, single phrase replies are removed without warning. Examples: "I like it", "this is the best episode", etc.

Please do not ask where to watch or post links to streaming websites.
May 20, 2019 7:40 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode.

Anyone know why they choose to alternate between 2D and 3D colossal? Why not just stick with one style? Also, I noticed that they animated the CT in some parts when he was 2D. Isn’t it easier to animate 3D?
May 20, 2019 7:56 PM

Aug 2012
Aiaigasa said:
Thunderfur said:
I just realized Erwin's voice actor is Jotaro's and ape titan's is Dio's

I can already sense the edits
There’s already a great one on r/snk https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/bqw9ut/anime_spoilers_erwin_smiths_bizarre_adventure/
May 20, 2019 10:23 PM
Nov 2016
DeadlyRaven said:
Thread Cleaned

As always, single phrase replies are removed without warning. Examples: "I like it", "this is the best episode", etc.

Please do not ask where to watch or post links to streaming websites.

How are single phrase replies bad? If I just ended this reply with that question would this be deleted as well?
May 20, 2019 11:54 PM

Sep 2011
I just got done reading the latest manga chapters, and I won't spoil anything, but the series gets A LOT more intense and better from this point. The only sad thing is that it's going to take the anime forever to catch up to it (while the manga chapters update monthly).
May 21, 2019 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
Read news that WIT studio is going to stop working on Shingeki no Kyojin. I'm guessing another studio is going to get it instead. It's going to get passed around like other series have.

Anyways, damn that hole in Erwin's side. He doesn't have to worry about eating anymore. He doesn't have a stomach anymore.

Levi about to go wild in the next episode.
臭い-
May 21, 2019 5:54 AM

May 2018
Amazing episode, it was really a slaughter. Damn you Beast Titan, don't you dare to kill everyone.
May 21, 2019 6:02 AM

Dec 2017
That speech is fucking insane, this episode really stands out from the whole series. Levi's dialogue with Erwin was good too, but that speech from Erwin, what a god.
May 21, 2019 6:41 AM

Jun 2017
Man! I felt so emotional back there. I couldn't stop my tears from flowing.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 21, 2019 6:46 AM

Feb 2019
My so perfect Erwin,
Even with one hand, you fought great. You are a legend.
Gosh.
This is hurting.
Please dont die Erwin. Please dont.
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

May 21, 2019 8:34 AM

May 2018
The final 5 minutes were just as good as in the manga, and the last scene really hurt.

What I'm scared about now though is the next episode. The finale of the fight against the Beast Titan is better suited to be at the end of the episode to have maximum impact. Just like epsiode four's.
The studio would need to fill in the other ~15mins somehow first.

------------
@ketaketaketa
Single phrase replies are bad as they serve no purpose (when being positive) in a "discussion" thread. When being negative they have no other purpose than hate and baiting.
There's no ground to work with that IF someone has the urge to quote you.
In your case though it's somewhat a grey zone as you asked a question, albeit an off topic one. Hope that helps.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.