Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 18, 2019 11:06 AM

Apr 2019
what do you think about this ?
is this the last season to be animated or it will be picked be another studio ?

source : https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1129798867745034240
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 18, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 2017
It will probably go to Production I.G. That might be for the better. AoT was really taxing for WIT. IG has enough resources to take on projects as big as AoT.
May 18, 2019 11:24 AM

May 2015
I really hope that's not true, or we might have another OPM S2 on our hands.

May 18, 2019 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
It'll probably go to Production I.G. considering that they had a hand in the production of the anime. I doubt Kodansha would allow any other studio to take up Attack on Titan, it's popularity is too vast in both Japan and in foreign countries. It has over 100 million copies sold, giving the project to any other studio would be a fuck up. I think Production I.G. would also be quite happy to take on Attack on Titan in the future.
May 18, 2019 11:31 AM
Jun 2017
I hope ufotable takes it they have excellent animation
May 18, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
As how most persons has mention, production Ig would be my best bet, especially knowing they helped worked on season 1.
May 18, 2019 11:45 AM

Jan 2013
oof
press f to pay your respects
May 18, 2019 12:04 PM
May 2019
Dont assume we'll have another OPM 2 on our hands, as long as it gets in the hands of production IG we be good. Also Yonkou is wrong on a lot of stuff, and the guy who claims to be a part of the company, just went MIA right after announcing the tweet.(Thats sketchy in of itself) Without the companies permission I assume, hes risking some form of punishment for doing that, real or fake. Long story short lets see what Wit has to say about it at the end of this season, which is when they usually announce stuff concerning AOT now a days.
Weebover9000May 18, 2019 12:30 PM
May 18, 2019 12:08 PM

Apr 2019
suneater14 said:
I hope ufotable takes it they have excellent animation

we can only dream
its probably gonna be Production IG considering the past
You son of a .. turtle

May 18, 2019 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
this Yonkou guy is like 70% reliable but my problem is he never sources the leaks.

May be true may not be. Will likely go to IG if it does.

tho personally id rather it end with this season anyways
May 18, 2019 12:39 PM
May 2019
fatedKujo said:
this Yonkou guy is like 70% reliable but my problem is he never sources the leaks.

May be true may not be. Will likely go to IG if it does.

tho personally id rather it end with this season anyways

Yeah, he always uses the "for legal reasons I cant source." comment, which just makes him a bit sketchy for me.
May 18, 2019 12:44 PM

Jan 2009
might be that WIT studio is gonna be overwork more with new anime projects and instead of being like JC Staff that takes a lot of anime projects making their animation quality suffer then maybe the Production Committee decided this too with that info

and ye i suspect Production IG will take it since that is a affiliated studio of WIT i heard
May 18, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2019
it look like the majority think that Production I.G will take it , that's what i think also .
May 18, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2013
From the comments in that link, it seems to be more like this :

summary : a chinese animator apparently bid goodbye to WIT Studio (?). No official confirmation yet. This "last season by WIT' was rumor mill mostly.
KreatorXMay 18, 2019 12:56 PM
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 18, 2019 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
fatedKujo said:

true he is not 100% reliable and he will not source his leaks lol because that will endanger (the employment for example) his sources, its like with the news that they will say anonymous sources to protect those sources

and even other leakers are saying it too like this one https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1129824672256864259 and this one from a sakuga expert (not exactly a leaker) https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1129801220632268801
May 18, 2019 12:59 PM
Dec 2018
Production I.G or Madhouse?
May 18, 2019 1:00 PM
May 18, 2019 1:05 PM

May 2012
I hope J.C.Staff picks the 4th season
May 18, 2019 1:06 PM
May 2019
thepath said:
I hope J.C.Staff picks the 4th season

Lets not start dicking around over something serious for fans, this isnt really a funny joke
May 18, 2019 1:08 PM

Aug 2017
Lol another anime for J.C Staff?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 18, 2019 1:31 PM

Mar 2016
If this was true, then i'm counting on J.C Staff to make Dot Pixis get his head blushes.
May 18, 2019 1:48 PM

May 2016
I fear for the animation of course, but I fear the most for the directing.

WIT has always done a great job portraying the feelings of each scene, the details, the forshadowing of events and everything else.

Even if the next studio preserves the animation quality, the the overall "flow" of the story might never be the same, and that I fear greatly.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 18, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2013

Shucks. Was reading through it as well. Would be safe to assume that someone like Production IG can retain the previous staff ? That is, if there is an eventuality that Studio WIT is officially done with Attack on Titan projects and P.IG takes over.
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 18, 2019 2:00 PM

Jan 2009
KreatorX said:

Shucks. Was reading through it as well. Would be safe to assume that someone like Production IG can retain the previous staff ? That is, if there is an eventuality that Studio WIT is officially done with Attack on Titan projects and P.IG takes over.

ye my guess is that Production IG will take over too since they are affiliated with WIT studio

as for retaining the previous staff that depends on how burnout they are i think since its commonly known that Attack on Titan always have a bad or tight production time
May 18, 2019 2:07 PM

Feb 2017
deg said:
KreatorX said:

ye my guess is that Production IG will take over too since they are affiliated with WIT studio

as for retaining the previous staff that depends on how burnout they are i think since its commonly known that Attack on Titan always have a bad or tight production time

Yeah, it makes most sense for Production IG to take the reins from now on. They are even on production committee. Doubt IG would just let AoT go to some other studio.
May 18, 2019 2:11 PM

Aug 2012
Nice.
I dont think it can get worse than cgi titans, cgi horses, cgi colossal titan and cgi rod reiss
Next studio is lucky since there will be no horses to animate
May 18, 2019 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
Tsarko said:
deg said:

Yeah, it makes most sense for Production IG to take the reins from now on. They are even on production committee. Doubt IG would just let AoT go to some other studio.

cool to know that they are part of the production committee too so they still profit a lot from this franchise then
May 18, 2019 2:14 PM
May 2019
Funseco said:
Nice.
I dont think it can get worse than cgi titans, cgi horses, cgi colossal titan and cgi rod reiss

I mean all normal titans have the cgi blended really well to the point its hard to notice unless you actively look for it.
May 18, 2019 2:16 PM

Dec 2018
That would be great. Then WIT can hurl all its resources into the far superior Vinland Saga.
May 18, 2019 2:21 PM

Apr 2019
PorchmonkeyD said:
That would be great. Then WIT can hurl all its resources into the far superior Vinland Saga.

i think WIT should do the long awaited Sequel to Hamtaro
its far superior to any of these trash anime
You son of a .. turtle

May 18, 2019 2:23 PM

Dec 2018
Nim0174 said:
PorchmonkeyD said:

i think WIT should do the long awaited Sequel to Hamtaro
its far superior to any of these trash anime

Well, I would like to argue but it's hard to dispute a continuation of the greatest anime known to man.
May 18, 2019 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
Ah, bad news. Don't really like the later anime the likely alternatives(IG & JC) have been putting out.

Luckily, I'm not really invested ni the franchie, but still, it's a shame risking having another OPM2(as in noticeable drop in quality)
May 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
KreatorX said:

I really doubt that about the staff returning as that is part of the reason why it's leaving Wit to begin with.
Ever since S2 staff has been spread incredibly thin to begin with and S3 was scheduled so quickly that regulars weren't able to return. Since IG is part of the committee and let this schedule slide that part will most likely not change which will then lead to regulars not being able to return.
May 18, 2019 2:34 PM

Jan 2009
i just notice people care more about the studio again more than the big possibility the talented staff of this anime franchise is gonna quit for good on this project, remember majority of animators and talents on the anime industry are freelancers that only hired by the anime studio for example
May 18, 2019 2:38 PM

Oct 2015
Isn't this speculation based on those chinese animators' tweet? While I do think it's plausible that they'd drop the series, there's a gut feeling that they also wouldn't. Otherwise Production I.G. is the only other studio that can do it or ufotable
May 18, 2019 2:44 PM
Aug 2016
Wit was the sixth sub studio of I.G, they worked on Guilty Crown before becoming a separate subsidiary, moving the project to I.G would just mean moving it to one of their other (inferior) sub studios and I don't see any point in that. But let's wait and see.
May 18, 2019 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
Weebover9000 said:
Funseco said:
Nice.

I mean all normal titans have the cgi blended really well to the point its hard to notice unless you actively look for it.

Looks good here
May 18, 2019 2:57 PM

Dec 2015
I know that WIT is understaffed, but they're constantly doing an amazing job on this show. I'm really scared on the future of the show if this is true. Let's hope that it's either fake, or it goes for a studio with similar qualities (Production I.G isn't a bad option I belive)
May 18, 2019 2:57 PM

Oct 2013
Funseco said:
Nice.

The real problem is the cgi collosal titan for the most part, the cgi horses are shown in small scenes that last less than 3 seconds, look at the episode discussion and no one point out the any cgi other than the collosal titan because it is really not that noticeable.

The staff for wit studio is very talented and they are doing a fantastic job with little time they have to work on it.

Do you really believe most studio can do better than what wit is doing with the little time they have? Wit is able to pull it off because they have a talented staff, if this is true, that mean new director, possible new sound director no more sawano, no more imai one of the most talented animation director in this industry and plenty of other.

The main thing people are scared of is that it wont feel like snk anymore, so even if it has 10x times better art with no cgi, if the soundtrack sucks and the directing is bad, it will be a failure.

Sometimes we don't appreciate something until it is gone and that is true in a lot of things.
keragammingMay 18, 2019 3:01 PM
May 18, 2019 3:06 PM

Jan 2018
IG or nothing. If it goes to a shit studio I won't even watch it, and it's my favourite anime.
May 18, 2019 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:
Funseco said:
Nice.

The real problem is the cgi collosal titan for the most part, the cgi horses are shown in small scenes that last less than 3 seconds, look at the episode discussion and no one point out the any cgi other than the collosal titan because it is really not that noticeable.

The staff for wit studio is very talented and they are doing a fantastic job with little time they have to work on it.

Do you really believe most studio can do better than what wit is doing with the little time they have? Wit is able to pull it off because they have a talented staff, if this is true, that mean new director, possible new sound director no more sawano, no more imai one of the most talented animation director in this industry and plenty of other.

The main thing people are scared of is that it wont feel like snk anymore, so even if it has 10x times better art with no cgi, if the soundtrack sucks and the directing is bad, it will be a failure.

Sometimes we don't appreciate something until it is gone and that is true in a lot of things.

I 100% agree. What makes AoT special is it's atmosphere. It manages to capture the emotions and vibe of the scenes just right. I don't know how well another studio can do so. Holding on to the hope that this is just a rumor.
May 18, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2016
I don't think IG Port will let this one go, it's more likely for Production IG to take over this series.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 18, 2019 4:40 PM

Feb 2019
I just hope the quality doesn't drop too hard
May 18, 2019 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
Other anime changing studio...

May 18, 2019 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
HyperL said:

WIT has always done a great job portraying the feelings of each scene, the details, the forshadowing of events and everything else.

Even if the next studio preserves the animation quality, the the overall "flow" of the story might never be the same, and that I fear greatly.
If the next studio ends up being Production IG then everything should stay the same. I've said this countless times today but at one point WIT Studio was Production IG. WIT is still a sub studio of IG. That's why it's IG on the committee and not WIT himself. With some luck you can keep the same staff. Maybe even get more time with Araki in season 4 (but lets not dream so high for now).
May 18, 2019 6:28 PM

Mar 2016
PorchmonkeyD said:
That will happen if the show gets a season 2. Currently it will be broadcast as it is.
May 18, 2019 6:30 PM

Jan 2009
tzarye14 said:
HyperL said:

If the next studio ends up being Production IG then everything should stay the same. I've said this countless times today but at one point WIT Studio was Production IG. WIT is still a sub studio of IG. That's why it's IG on the committee and not WIT himself. With some luck you can keep the same staff. Maybe even get more time with Araki in season 4 (but lets not dream so high for now).

dude your forum avatar is so hilarious that i imagine it while reading your reply to that

but i doubt everything will be the same since the talented staff is what matters and it seems they are burned out already and high chance they are the ones that said they quit already and move on to other anime projects
May 18, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2016
deg said:
i just notice people care more about the studio again more than the big possibility the talented staff of this anime franchise is gonna quit for good on this project, remember majority of animators and talents on the anime industry are freelancers that only hired by the anime studio for example
Most people care for the studio because if it ends up being IG the studio chosen then the probability of the staff remaining the same is much much higher than any other studio.
WIT is still a sub studio of IG just so you know.
May 18, 2019 6:39 PM
Jul 2017
If that’s the case I’d say it’s more likely to move to I.G.s hands.
May 18, 2019 6:55 PM
Aug 2018
Funseco said:
Nice.

Man shut up you are acting like any studio can do aot justice instead of wit. You are ungreatudl brat.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.