Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 18, 2019 12:47 PM
Mar 2018
CondemneDio said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Out of curiosity, which season was your favorite?

I know people here were iffy on it, but I liked Diamond is Unbreakable more than Vento Aureo. Sure, things were slower paced and there were goofier episodes, but that's what helped me wind up getting invested in the characters.

Vento Aureo feels like it's going by too fast for me. I also don't enjoy the main villain too much. That said, the anime adaptation has made this part more enjoyable for me than when I read the manga.

If I had to rank them now: 1st season, Diamond is Unbreakable, Stardust Crusaders, and lastly, Vento Aureo.

My biggest problem with Part 5 is how Giorno is such a fucking Gary Stu. The stakes are non-existent since Giorno just solves everything.

giorno isnt a gary stue for fuck sake can you at least name situation where he is
May 18, 2019 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
WorldoverHeaven said:
CondemneDio said:

If I had to rank them now: 1st season, Diamond is Unbreakable, Stardust Crusaders, and lastly, Vento Aureo.

My biggest problem with Part 5 is how Giorno is such a fucking Gary Stu. The stakes are non-existent since Giorno just solves everything.

giorno isnt a gary stue for fuck sake can you at least name situation where he is

He literally can analyze every enemy stand in a few seconds, and come up with the perfect bullshit plan against it. He never has actualy trouble against any of his foes.
May 18, 2019 1:45 PM
Mar 2018
CondemneDio said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

He literally can analyze every enemy stand in a few seconds, and come up with the perfect bullshit plan against it. He never has actualy trouble against any of his foes.

so what him being smart is gary stue and he has had many problems when dealing with other stand users
May 18, 2019 2:01 PM

Mar 2019
Part 5 is the best. I've been re-watching DiU via the dub as it airs on Toonami each weekend and my god, unlike the other parts it's so boring to re-watch. I really dislike the slice-of-life pacing. Where's the urgency? Shigechi gets brutally murdered, and like a few episodes later Josuke is playing a game of dice with Rohan as if he doesn't have a serial killer to worry about. Or, wasting time investigating a guy living on a transmission radio tower. Huh?

Here we have gang warfare featuring the most brutal stands/enemies in the series. And the enemies have motivation for what they do, whereas Kira just wants to hide. Where's the danger for the heroes? Actual fights against actual enemies. Not that DiU nonsense where 95% of the enemies became allies. The other parts also have the cast moving around, traveling via train, ship, airplane, helicopter, horseback, etc chasing after stuff which usually leads to cool battles at different places and thus a sense of adventure. DiU feels stagnant by comparison.

Btw, this episode was awesome. Incredible job by David Pro and the VAs in capturing Cioccolata and Secco's energy from the manga. Fantastic animation and acting on display here.
May 18, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
WorldoverHeaven said:
CondemneDio said:

so what him being smart is gary stue and he has had many problems when dealing with other stand users

He does it too well. It's okay to have smart characters, but there's a difference between being smart, and having access to the meta-knowledge of the situation (which Giorno basically has at this point).
May 18, 2019 3:10 PM
Mar 2018
CondemneDio said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

He does it too well. It's okay to have smart characters, but there's a difference between being smart, and having access to the meta-knowledge of the situation (which Giorno basically has at this point).

the only time that i can aggre with you is with greatful dead fight but every other time giorno took the facts and taught about them
May 18, 2019 5:43 PM

Mar 2019
oh jesus i'm in love with mista x giorno ship
Chubbydoggo17May 18, 2019 5:49 PM
May 18, 2019 9:19 PM
Jul 2014
Yeah, Giorno isn't a Gary Stu. Bruno saved him and everyone else from The Grateful Dead and Beach Boy, Trish saved him from Notorious B.I.G., he wouldn't have been able to deliver the killing blow in the White Album fight without Mista, Narancia literally saved him in the fight against Clash and Talking Head. Giorno has been incapacitated several times throughout the part and one of the other main characters had to be the one to win the fight.

The thing about Giorno is that he helps to push the other members of the group forward and gives them the resolve to figure out how to defeat the enemies they go up against, sometimes indirectly. It's different from someone like Jotaro who was usually able to solo most of the stand users he went up against in Part 3.
GrimmgetaMay 18, 2019 10:16 PM
May 18, 2019 11:31 PM

Sep 2016
The 2 famous scenes finally got animated: Cioccolata petting Secco like a dog & Giorno circling Mista’s waist while supporting his hand for combination of the stand abilities.

Buccellati being badass once again is always a pleasure. His zombie status also got clarified. Actually they’ve been teasing this for quite a few episodes, so it’s more of a verification than a surprise.

Quite impressed by KENN, the voice actor of Secco. He had only left me with a pretty boy impression. Honestly I didn’t expect him to be this good at voicing an awkward villain.
May 19, 2019 12:53 AM
Aug 2017
Yeah, I don't understand how Giorno is a Gary Stu at all. He might figure things out in a fight (and you might notice that he has actually been getting better and faster at identifying what is going on with a stand throughout the part, showing progress in his fighting skills) but he is almost always incapacitated in the fights he takes a part in. The only fights that he has managed on his own so far off the top of my head are Bruno, Black Sabbath, and Babyface. Every other fight he takes a part in he is completely knocked out of like Grateful Dead or virtually useless like with White Album.
May 19, 2019 1:40 AM

Oct 2012
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Lemonraj said:

Didn't actually respond to what I said tho. They were actually mostly on model in this episode compared to episode 22 when they literally weren't at all. You said "by far the worst episode." Also, I don't want to call your opinion bait, but it's funny to see how you're the only one with it. People on here love to be extremely negative as it is, I'm seriously questioning if you've seen any previous episodes of this series

didn't mean to be negative that much. Maybe I didn't focus much on the 22nd episode for other reasons but I found it was like bad in this one. at least I personally found it to be the worst in the whole season. I still said it had good plot tho.
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Lemonraj said:

?? did you not watch episode 22 lol

I could see saying that about directing, even though I wouldn't agree, but saying that about the art is actually incomprehensible

the art was horrible. This episode felt like an amature drawing the characters. they looked like shit, there was a time in the episode when they were looking left and it felt like a completely horribly drawn version of the characters. IDK how you thought this was good at all tbh.

What are you talking about? I can't see how you thought this was at all horrible. I thought it was one of the better quality ones. Are you sure you're watching the same episode? I'm honestly pausing to find anything even remotely off-model or bad.

From what I'm reading, you seem to be in the minority here. I'm trying to understand how something atrocious like episode 22 gets by you but somehow this episode is bad animation/artwork wise let alone THE WORST. I'm open to screencaps of whatever scene you found terrible. I could have missed something since I've watched this super late.

kondeeMay 19, 2019 1:47 AM
May 19, 2019 2:38 AM
Mar 2019
I love these episodes lately this season is hype. Secco and Ciocolatta really give me the creeps. That bucciarati seen was hella sad, I kinda thought thatd be the case with the lack of blood mentioned a few times, but damn. :(

I still don't know whos worse Ciocolatta or Angelo from part 4, they both messed up af
May 19, 2019 3:04 AM
May 2019
This Episode is so crazy, Green Day stand really no joke
The interaction in the car is good.
really no one talked about poor little girl and her father? its really genocide
Secco's stand Oasis is like Ghiaccio's stand White Album a body covered with stand
May 19, 2019 3:09 AM

Dec 2014
How is the zipper man even alive... is like hmm
May 19, 2019 4:23 AM

Nov 2013
Think it this way, what Giorno did to Bucciarati is unintentional, he didn't know his stands can do such a thing, even if he knew, he'd never do same thing to Abbacchio, because it's clearly inhuman,..
What is dead may never die..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
May 19, 2019 4:27 AM

Sep 2014
Shoryuuken said:
Comander-07 said:
there is a certain kind of "stand of the week" fatigue setting in right now.

What a coincidence seeing this and a topic about it right underneath it.
What a coincidence indeed. I guess I am right then.

Modernoir said:
Comander-07 said:

How so? Every Stand battle so far has helped push things forwards in some way. B.I.G. gave us Trish's major development and her awakening her Stand, Clash/Talking Head further set-up the conflict to come by linking back to the previous eps via introducing Diavolo's personal guard which in return perfectly sets up Green Day & Oasis as the penultimate arc thanks to just how well built-up Ciocolatta and Secco have been since they were first teased as the ones who killed Sorbet and Gelato. Loved how formidable they both seemed this ep, Ciocolatta especially, having a Stand that does so much indiscriminate damage puts him just around the same level as DIO in terms of how scummy he is.
Hot not so? We already encountered the boss. Everything between that and some small fry now feels like filler content. If Narancia died that would have atleast put something on the table. This just feels like "yeah Giorno and Mista will win anyway so who cares". Maybe its also that they dont finish them off quickly. Idk. Its a feeling.

Hobgoblin2099 said:
CondemneDio said:
Not enjoying this season.

I know people here were iffy on it, but I liked Diamond is Unbreakable more than Vento Aureo. Sure, things were slower paced and there were goofier episodes, but that's what helped me wind up getting invested in the characters.

Vento Aureo feels like it's going by too fast for me. I also don't enjoy the main villain too much. That said, the anime adaptation has made this part more enjoyable for me than when I read the manga.

Comander-07 said:

good. I hoped so.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 19, 2019 4:42 AM
Mar 2018
Comander-07 said:
Shoryuuken said:

What a coincidence seeing this and a topic about it right underneath it.
What a coincidence indeed. I guess I am right then.

Modernoir said:

How so? Every Stand battle so far has helped push things forwards in some way. B.I.G. gave us Trish's major development and her awakening her Stand, Clash/Talking Head further set-up the conflict to come by linking back to the previous eps via introducing Diavolo's personal guard which in return perfectly sets up Green Day & Oasis as the penultimate arc thanks to just how well built-up Ciocolatta and Secco have been since they were first teased as the ones who killed Sorbet and Gelato. Loved how formidable they both seemed this ep, Ciocolatta especially, having a Stand that does so much indiscriminate damage puts him just around the same level as DIO in terms of how scummy he is.
Hot not so? We already encountered the boss. Everything between that and some small fry now feels like filler content. If Narancia died that would have atleast put something on the table. This just feels like "yeah Giorno and Mista will win anyway so who cares". Maybe its also that they dont finish them off quickly. Idk. Its a feeling.

Hobgoblin2099 said:

good. I hoped so.

ah yes filer like showing consequences of betraying the boss trish geting her stand introducing a twist to boss like him having a second personality killing the leader of execution squad and finding bosses indentity and a way to beat him
ah yes this is all filler right guys
May 19, 2019 6:40 AM

Aug 2014
kondee said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

didn't mean to be negative that much. Maybe I didn't focus much on the 22nd episode for other reasons but I found it was like bad in this one. at least I personally found it to be the worst in the whole season. I still said it had good plot tho.
Mezo-RPWPA said:

the art was horrible. This episode felt like an amature drawing the characters. they looked like shit, there was a time in the episode when they were looking left and it felt like a completely horribly drawn version of the characters. IDK how you thought this was good at all tbh.

What are you talking about? I can't see how you thought this was at all horrible. I thought it was one of the better quality ones. Are you sure you're watching the same episode? I'm honestly pausing to find anything even remotely off-model or bad.

From what I'm reading, you seem to be in the minority here. I'm trying to understand how something atrocious like episode 22 gets by you but somehow this episode is bad animation/artwork wise let alone THE WORST. I'm open to screencaps of whatever scene you found terrible. I could have missed something since I've watched this super late.

Maybe I watched a worse version since not a lot of people are talking about it.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 19, 2019 8:15 AM
May 2016
CondemneDio said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

Giorno isn't a stu at all though. Being adept at making quick decisions and analysis has been a Joestar's trait since Joseph. And besides, while Giorno figures stuff out (that most of the time can be greatly inferred beforehand by the reader/watcher) it doesn't mean he always comes out on top with the solutions right away. He'd have died if it weren't for Mista covering his ass in White Album and he'd have been toast in the very first fight for the whole gang in the whole part (Soft Machine).
The "stu" argument is overused and has gotten to the point where people just use it as a buzzword, if Giorno was a stu he'd be worshipped by everyone from the start, but he had to get to where he is by earning the group's trust through their fights, that's what makes him so different compared to the previous JoJo's who were more reactionary, Giorno's a different sort of Joestar entirely and it's shown pretty well through how even though his Stand is powerful it's at its best when it's used in conjunction with the other members of the group. He's had more than enough moments of vulnerability and weakness too, the pure distraughtness we see from him when he has to come to terms with the fact that even with his ability he couldn't save Abbacchio and now was too late to save Bruno gave a great glimpse into the fact that he's still got growing to do in the harsh world he sets to make a change in.

honestly just tired of seeing this "gary stu" blanket criticism when it's blatantly false. It's such a weak cop-out argument that doesn't make sense, Giorno fucks up way too much and shows way more signs of being human to be a gary stu. Is Joseph a gary stu as well? He wins all his fights through even more absurd means and rarely has a set-back because fate is by him every step of the way, including at the very end with how he defeats Kars. Characters in this series are built off more exaggerated traits, thus why the series is a Bizarre adventure. Joestars in the past have had far more egregious moments than Giorno, at least Giorno figures out a Stand ability but isn't instantly able to defeat it. He figured out the Grateful Dead but past that point it was entirely up to Mista and Bruno to combat Prosciutto and Pesci. He figured out Green Day but that wasn't even stu-like, it was visually demonstrated that the lower something goes the more mold will rapidly grow on it. You want an actual example of that fits with the "gary stu" critique? Not only 80% of Joseph's runtime in BT (don't get me wrong I love the part), but Jotaro in SDC is full of it. He has the worst offences by beating Stand users because he A. Can just punch harder or B. Can actually asspull a win with no elaborate plans or explanations like Giorno's GE or Joseph's hamon tricks. Remember Star Finger? Remember how he sucked up Enya's Stand through SP just because he could do that at that point? The criticisms people make on this series feel like they're so lacking in self-awareness sometimes I have to actually wonder if you're being serious or not.
ModernoirMay 19, 2019 8:21 AM
May 19, 2019 8:30 AM
May 2016
darkstom248 said:
Yeah, I don't understand how Giorno is a Gary Stu at all. He might figure things out in a fight (and you might notice that he has actually been getting better and faster at identifying what is going on with a stand throughout the part, showing progress in his fighting skills) but he is almost always incapacitated in the fights he takes a part in. The only fights that he has managed on his own so far off the top of my head are Bruno, Black Sabbath, and Babyface. Every other fight he takes a part in he is completely knocked out of like Grateful Dead or virtually useless like with White Album.

Calling Giorno a "stu" has been a popular meme criticism for years because of the shitty scans that reduced his personality to a piece of wet cardboard. I thought the anime would open people's eyes but apparently people have to be spoonfed. He's displayed clear growth in the story and has had far, far more moments of actual vulnerability and weakness compared to a Joestar like say, Jotaro. I can SORT OF see the stu argument for Jotaro, but with Giorno it's just ridiculous since it falls on all fronts.
May 19, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2013
Modernoir said:
CondemneDio said:

Giorno isn't a stu at all though. Being adept at making quick decisions and analysis has been a Joestar's trait since Joseph. And besides, while Giorno figures stuff out (that most of the time can be greatly inferred beforehand by the reader/watcher) it doesn't mean he always comes out on top with the solutions right away. He'd have died if it weren't for Mista covering his ass in White Album and he'd have been toast in the very first fight for the whole gang in the whole part (Soft Machine).
The "stu" argument is overused and has gotten to the point where people just use it as a buzzword, if Giorno was a stu he'd be worshipped by everyone from the start, but he had to get to where he is by earning the group's trust through their fights, that's what makes him so different compared to the previous JoJo's who were more reactionary, Giorno's a different sort of Joestar entirely and it's shown pretty well through how even though his Stand is powerful it's at its best when it's used in conjunction with the other members of the group. He's had more than enough moments of vulnerability and weakness too, the pure distraughtness we see from him when he has to come to terms with the fact that even with his ability he couldn't save Abbacchio and now was too late to save Bruno gave a great glimpse into the fact that he's still got growing to do in the harsh world he sets to make a change in.

honestly just tired of seeing this "gary stu" blanket criticism when it's blatantly false. It's such a weak cop-out argument that doesn't make sense, Giorno fucks up way too much and shows way more signs of being human to be a gary stu. Is Joseph a gary stu as well? He wins all his fights through even more absurd means and rarely has a set-back because fate is by him every step of the way, including at the very end with how he defeats Kars. Characters in this series are built off more exaggerated traits, thus why the series is a Bizarre adventure. Joestars in the past have had far more egregious moments than Giorno, at least Giorno figures out a Stand ability but isn't instantly able to defeat it. He figured out the Grateful Dead but past that point it was entirely up to Mista and Bruno to combat Prosciutto and Pesci. He figured out Green Day but that wasn't even stu-like, it was visually demonstrated that the lower something goes the more mold will rapidly grow on it. You want an actual example of that fits with the "gary stu" critique? Not only 80% of Joseph's runtime in BT (don't get me wrong I love the part), but Jotaro in SDC is full of it. He has the worst offences by beating Stand users because he A. Can just punch harder or B. Can actually asspull a win with no elaborate plans or explanations like Giorno's GE or Joseph's hamon tricks. Remember Star Finger? Remember how he sucked up Enya's Stand through SP just because he could do that at that point? The criticisms people make on this series feel like they're so lacking in self-awareness sometimes I have to actually wonder if you're being serious or not.

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.
Complaint noted, and disregarded.
May 19, 2019 8:36 AM
May 2016
CondemneDio said:
Modernoir said:

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.
Complaint noted, and disregarded.

There's a difference between having an opinion and being objectively wrong, which you are. Giorno isn't a gary stu and you haven't made a single argument to back up why you think that, copping out with "i-it's my opinion" before running off, classic. At least try and research your points before you embarrass yourself, there's nothing wrong with criticizing a series but even you should realize how scummy and disingenuous it is to make false claims as if they were fact. Perhaps don't speak your "controversial" opinions unless you can defend it or take the heat.
May 19, 2019 8:37 AM
Sep 2017
I think Giorno is an underappreciated character, he’s not in my top 3 JoJo’s but he’s certainly not as bad as people say.

However, I liked him more in the first ~7 episodes where he was this calm and composed yet smug and arrogant con artist, the ”new kid” which annoyed the shit out of Abbacchio. Like how he stole Koichi’s luggage and acted very smug about it, that was top notch Giorno

Now the smugness is pretty much gone and he’s more just a calculative and cool guy, which is a bummer.

Also, I like Gold Experience’s design and the idea of his ability, but unfortunately Araki made the rules of his abilities too vague. Too many changes in his abilities, from adding new ones to forgetting old ones
May 19, 2019 8:40 AM

Mar 2012
Jotaro is far more gary stu than Giorno lol
However, I can see people liking Giorno less because he seems less charismatic, to me at least... but that's it, it's not that Giorno "is a gary stu".
May 19, 2019 8:42 AM
May 2016
You're using the term "gary stu", a term which is used to call out objective traits in the writing of a character to be weak. Not only that but you're not even backing up your points in the slightest. The "muh opinion" argument is such a big cop-out it's unreal, why make vague blanket criticisms to begin with if you're not going to push them beyond the letterbox and actually make a case? That way people could at least see where you're coming from, when you instead turn-tail completely at being called out for being wrong (which has been done by multiple posters on this one page I might add) you contribute nothing. The only reason I'm on your case is because it's scummy to criticize something that had genuine work put into it without actually bothering to criticize it well. Criticism is how good stories and characters come to be, but all you do when you make up false criticisms is take away from the strengths of a show unfairly.
Also I slept in all day so a snickers sounds good.
BarnaldMay 21, 2019 7:31 AM
May 19, 2019 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Perfect hero who can do no wrong: check. Giorno is basically portrayed the second coming of Jesus.
Good looks; check. If you can forgive the croissant black holes stuck to his hair.
Talented; check. Giorno rarely needs help from anyone. In fact, he can boss around adults because he is more talented than people 10 or 20 years older than him.
No flaws; check. Giorno can do no wrong. This is also a part of a bigger problem. Giorno really has very little personality to begin with, let alone flaws that would make him a believable character.
Loved by everyone; check, kinda. First, he was hated by the group. He showed a fraction of his Jesus powers, and they all think he is the best thing since sliced bread (with the sole exception of lip-stick policeman).
All the character has took them no effort; check. Giorno's destiny was to become something greater than a commoner. His stand power is what amplifies this.

You're probably going to disagree with these points, and feel free to.

Mod edit: removed baiting
May 19, 2019 8:59 AM

Mar 2012
CondemneDio said:
Giorno rarely needs help from anyone.

>Black Sabbath - he literally says that Koichi's power was the exact thing he needed to win
>The Grateful Dead - unable to fight
>White Album - he worked with Mista and they complement each other
>Clash and Talking Head - Narancia had to do the job
>Notorious B.I.G - Trish did
>Green Day and Oasis - Bruno and Mista works with him

The only fight he solo'ed was Baby Face, and Man in the Mirrorr... kinda.

First, he was hated by the group.

Uhm, what.
How exactly was he hated?
May 19, 2019 9:00 AM
Mar 2018
he dosent need help from anyone realy
black sabbath dead if it wasnt for koichi
soft machine dead if it wasnt for bruno
greatful dead and beach boy bruno and mista saved him
clash and talking head dead if narancia didnt save him
white album mista saved him
May 19, 2019 9:02 AM

Jan 2013
R3K_ said:
CondemneDio said:
Giorno rarely needs help from anyone.

>Black Sabbath - he literally says that Koichi's power was the exact thing he needed to win

The obnly fight he solo'ed was Baby Face, and Man in the Mirrorr... kinda.

First, he was hated by the group.

Uhm, what.

And that's because Araki wanted the other characters to have moments too, most probably.
Any other problem they have gets cleared by Giorno with no difficulty.

Do you not remember how Giorno was welcomed into the gang?
May 19, 2019 9:05 AM

Mar 2012
CondemneDio said:
And that's because Araki wanted the other characters to have moments too, most probably.

So... he NEEDS help.

Yes, only Abbachio hated him. The rest was like... "ok, a new member, let's make fun of him!"... is that hatred? lol
May 19, 2019 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
R3K_ said:
CondemneDio said:

So... he NEEDS help.

Yes, only Abbachio hated him. The rest was like... "ok, a new member, let's make fun of him!"... is that hatred? lol

Yes, sometimes. Even Jotaro needed help, and I don't think you're saying he is not a Gary Stu for it, right?

Indifference is not love, so my point stands.
May 19, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2012
CondemneDio said:
R3K_ said:

So... he NEEDS help.

Yes, sometimes. Even Jotaro needed help, and I don't think you're saying he is not a Gary Stu for it, right?

So, for you, people only hate or love somebody? Nothing in between? lol

Jotaro literally solo'ed: Dark Blue Moon, Strength, Yellow Temperance, Wheel of Fortune, Enya, High Priestess, Geb (kind of), Anubis, Set and D'Arby the Gambler.
May 19, 2019 9:14 AM
May 2016
CondemneDio said:
Modernoir said:

You're using the term "gary stu", a term which is used to call out objective traits in the writing of a character to be weak. Not only that but you're not even backing up your points in the slightest. The "muh opinion" argument is such a big cop-out it's unreal, why make vague blanket criticisms to begin with if you're not going to push them beyond the letterbox and actually make a case? That way people could at least see where you're coming from, when you instead turn-tail completely at being called out for being wrong (which has been done by multiple posters on this one page I might add) you contribute nothing.
Also I slept in all day so a snickers sounds good.

To appease your sand-filled vagina, let's go over some Gary Stu traits.

Perfect hero who can do no wrong: check. Giorno is basically portrayed the second coming of Jesus.
Good looks; check. If you can forgive the croissant black holes stuck to his hair.
Talented; check. Giorno rarely needs help from anyone. In fact, he can boss around adults because he is more talented than people 10 or 20 years older than him.
No flaws; check. Giorno can do no wrong. This is also a part of a bigger problem. Giorno really has very little personality to begin with, let alone flaws that would make him a believable character.
Loved by everyone; check, kinda. First, he was hated by the group. He showed a fraction of his Jesus powers, and they all think he is the best thing since sliced bread (with the sole exception of lip-stick policeman).
All the character has took them no effort; check. Giorno's destiny was to become something greater than a commoner. His stand power is what amplifies this.

>Perfect hero who can do no wrong: check. Giorno is basically portrayed the second coming of Jesus.
Yes of course, because right from the start he was treated as a saint by everyone right? That's why the group gave him the cold-shoulder at the start and why Abba pissed in a cup to greet him right? The only person to actually give Gio the benefit of the doubt from the start was Mista and that's because he's just a great guy in general. Giorno had to earn Fugo's respect in the MiTM fight by being ballsy, he gained Narancia's approval from defending him numerous times in arguments and by directly assisting him in the Clash/Talking Heads fight, and even Abbacchio who goes completely against what you're saying dies without ever verbally expressing his approval to Giorno (but hints at it since he kept that last piece of stone in his hand so that Giorno could trace its origins back to the stone replica he created. It was subtle, but a really nice end to the back-and-forth relationship the two had). Gio isn't literally portrayed as Jesus (despite the biblical imagery here and there), he's a Joestar taking on the role of an actual leader rather than a reactionary protag like the others. That isn't inherently bad.
>Good looks; check. If you can forgive the croissant black holes stuck to his hair.
So, every JoJo then?
>Talented; check. Giorno rarely needs help from anyone. In fact, he can boss around adults because he is more talented than people 10 or 20 years older than him.
Did we watch the same anime? Do you not recall the countless times Giorno has been incapacitated or left useless in a fight? Being deflated in Soft Machine to rely on Abba to solve the mystery, being completely incapacitated in Grateful Dead/Beach Boy, getting his shit royally pushed in in White Album (A stand that might as well have been a direct counter to his ability to create life, if it weren't for Mista Giorno would've been completely useless), or how about the time he was completely incapacitated in Clash/Talking Head and had to put his full faith in Narancia to defeat Squallo and Tiziano? He's talented, but so are all JoJo's. Seriously. Joseph, Jotaro and Josuke play some 4D chess numerous times in their parts, and besides, Giorno takes plenty of shit at the start and it only stops because he proves to the group that he's worth taking seriously. That's called character growth.
>No flaws; check. Giorno can do no wrong. This is also a part of a bigger problem. Giorno really has very little personality to begin with, let alone flaws that would make him a believable character.
The more you go in the more it sounds like you haven't even been watching the show. Giorno can do plenty wrong, him using himself to force Abba into using his Stand was by all means a ridiculously risky move but it paid off, unlike later on like in White Album where he makes reckless decisions under pressure like driving the car into the canal (gee, taking a Stand user who's abilities revolve around ice under water? Sasuga Giorno) which was only salvaged by Mista and their combined efforts after. Not only that but he fucks up at the moments he SHOULD be perfect for, his Stand could potentially save anyone but he's not only fucked up once but twice with Bruno and Abbacchio. I don't know how you can see his reaction to Abba's death and the denial he exclaims when Bruno tells Giorno he was too late in saving him in the car and then tell me Gio has no personality traits that make him human.
>Loved by everyone; check, kinda. First, he was hated by the group. He showed a fraction of his Jesus powers, and they all think he is the best thing since sliced bread (with the sole exception of lip-stick policeman).
You literally debunk yourself in the first line of this complaint. He wasn't loved by everyone at the start, he had to earn his way to be trusted by the members of Bruno's gang, and even then all the way until the end Abba was disapproving/tsundere towards him. What is your complaint? That it's unreasonable for a gang to actually want to get along to efficiently work together? Of course the group will like Giorno by the end, he demonstrated enough qualities as a leader to inspire them while also showing his full trust in his teammates by leaving his life in the hands of them several times.
>All the character has took them no effort; check. Giorno's destiny was to become something greater than a commoner. His stand power is what amplifies this.
That was never just Giorno's destiny though. This was explained in the 2nd episode mate, his life started at the bottom of the barrel until by chance he met and saved a wounded gangster on the street just because the man seemed as lonely as him. The act of kindness he gave resulted in his life being changed for the better all thanks to that man, and it makes perfect sense why that gangster inspired him to follow his dream. He knew first-hand just how shit Italy was thanks to his experience growing up in it, does it not make sense that he'd pursue a dream to fix it? He wouldn't have gotten anywhere in the gang if he'd went solo, as shown by the numerous times throughout the part where he would've fuckin' died if he was on his own.

I disagree with everything you've had to say but I'm at least glad you went into detail this time. I'd honestly advise you to give this part and Giorno more of an open chance, I'm not sure where you got these thoughts from when most of them are easily disprovable/don't make too much sense, but hey there's 9 more eps left so who knows maybe you'll like him a bit better by the end. Or not. Not every part in the series is for everyone, I just hope you can see that a lot of your criticisms apply far more to other characters in the series than Giorno.
May 19, 2019 9:14 AM
Mar 2018
CondemneDio said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

im not making clown of myself english is my second language and im bad at spelling and gramar it you whos making a clown of yourself

It's a second language to me too, and that's why I make doubly sure to make my points clean, well-written, and straight to the point.

I think we're done here.

you mean like not knowing what gary stu is and when people call you out you just post some uslelest stuff with no evidence yeah i think we are done here
May 19, 2019 9:15 AM

Jan 2013
R3K_ said:
CondemneDio said:

Jotaro literally solo'ed: Dark Blue Moon, Strength, Yellow Temperance, Wheel of Fortune, Enya, High Priestess, Geb (kind of), Anubis, Set and D'Arby the Gambler.

?
You misunderstood me most probably.
Hate, love, and indifference in a spectrum. Being indifferent about someone is neither love nor hate.

We could go on and count the percentages of how many foes each offending Jojo soloes, but that's a bit of a fruitless labor really.
May 19, 2019 9:18 AM
May 2016
CondemneDio said:
R3K_ said:

Uhm, what.

Now this is just ridiculous. You can't call other people stupid then make bottom-of-the-barrel arguments like "Y-Yeah Giorno could've cleared every fight on his own!" despite it being proven in those exact fucking fights he'd have been rendered useless if it weren't for his teammates, as if you know better than the writer of the part himself. Are you just digging for excuses to rip on the character or something? Why are you so obsessed with labelling characters as gary stus? Can you not take a character on their own merits? Do you have to rely on buzzwords because nuance is a concept you can't understand? If you're really this unwilling to see how many times your criticisms have been invalidated by actual evidence then we're done here, I think you've embarrassed yourself in this thread enough after all. It's like arguing with someone who's only thoughts on Golden Wind come from them skim-reading meme criticisms on 4chan JoJo threads lmfao
May 19, 2019 9:22 AM

Mar 2012
CondemneDio said:
R3K_ said:

?
Hate, love, and indifference in a spectrum. Being indifferent about someone is neither love nor hate.

We could go on and count the percentages of how many foes each offending Jojo soloes, but that's a bit of a fruitless labor really.

"First, we was hated by the group." You literally said that lol

Also, you were the one that said Giorno didn't need help, I demonstrate he did, you answered a laughable "Araki wanted the other characters to have moments too" "even Jotaro needed help", and I showed the difference.

Some people here are kind of too defensive about your criticism, but you're not so different now.
May 19, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
Modernoir said:
CondemneDio said:

To appease your sand-filled vagina, let's go over some Gary Stu traits.

>Perfect hero who can do no wrong: check. Giorno is basically portrayed the second coming of Jesus.
Yes of course, because right from the start he was treated as a saint by everyone right? That's why the group gave him the cold-shoulder at the start and why Abba pissed in a cup to greet him right? The only person to actually give Gio the benefit of the doubt from the start was Mista and that's because he's just a great guy in general. Giorno had to earn Fugo's respect in the MiTM fight by being ballsy, he gained Narancia's approval from defending him numerous times in arguments and by directly assisting him in the Clash/Talking Heads fight, and even Abbacchio who goes completely against what you're saying dies without ever verbally expressing his approval to Giorno (but hints at it since he kept that last piece of stone in his hand so that Giorno could trace its origins back to the stone replica he created. It was subtle, but a really nice end to the back-and-forth relationship the two had). Gio isn't literally portrayed as Jesus (despite the biblical imagery here and there), he's a Joestar taking on the role of an actual leader rather than a reactionary protag like the others. That isn't inherently bad.
>Good looks; check. If you can forgive the croissant black holes stuck to his hair.
So, every JoJo then?
>Talented; check. Giorno rarely needs help from anyone. In fact, he can boss around adults because he is more talented than people 10 or 20 years older than him.
Did we watch the same anime? Do you not recall the countless times Giorno has been incapacitated or left useless in a fight? Being deflated in Soft Machine to rely on Abba to solve the mystery, being completely incapacitated in Grateful Dead/Beach Boy, getting his shit royally pushed in in White Album (A stand that might as well have been a direct counter to his ability to create life, if it weren't for Mista Giorno would've been completely useless), or how about the time he was completely incapacitated in Clash/Talking Head and had to put his full faith in Narancia to defeat Squallo and Tiziano? He's talented, but so are all JoJo's. Seriously. Joseph, Jotaro and Josuke play some 4D chess numerous times in their parts, and besides, Giorno takes plenty of shit at the start and it only stops because he proves to the group that he's worth taking seriously. That's called character growth.
>No flaws; check. Giorno can do no wrong. This is also a part of a bigger problem. Giorno really has very little personality to begin with, let alone flaws that would make him a believable character.
The more you go in the more it sounds like you haven't even been watching the show. Giorno can do plenty wrong, him using himself to force Abba into using his Stand was by all means a ridiculously risky move but it paid off, unlike later on like in White Album where he makes reckless decisions under pressure like driving the car into the canal (gee, taking a Stand user who's abilities revolve around ice under water? Sasuga Giorno) which was only salvaged by Mista and their combined efforts after. Not only that but he fucks up at the moments he SHOULD be perfect for, his Stand could potentially save anyone but he's not only fucked up once but twice with Bruno and Abbacchio. I don't know how you can see his reaction to Abba's death and the denial he exclaims when Bruno tells Giorno he was too late in saving him in the car and then tell me Gio has no personality traits that make him human.
>Loved by everyone; check, kinda. First, he was hated by the group. He showed a fraction of his Jesus powers, and they all think he is the best thing since sliced bread (with the sole exception of lip-stick policeman).
You literally debunk yourself in the first line of this complaint. He wasn't loved by everyone at the start, he had to earn his way to be trusted by the members of Bruno's gang, and even then all the way until the end Abba was disapproving/tsundere towards him. What is your complaint? That it's unreasonable for a gang to actually want to get along to efficiently work together? Of course the group will like Giorno by the end, he demonstrated enough qualities as a leader to inspire them while also showing his full trust in his teammates by leaving his life in the hands of them several times.
>All the character has took them no effort; check. Giorno's destiny was to become something greater than a commoner. His stand power is what amplifies this.
That was never just Giorno's destiny though. This was explained in the 2nd episode mate, his life started at the bottom of the barrel until by chance he met and saved a wounded gangster on the street just because the man seemed as lonely as him. The act of kindness he gave resulted in his life being changed for the better all thanks to that man, and it makes perfect sense why that gangster inspired him to follow his dream. He knew first-hand just how shit Italy was thanks to his experience growing up in it, does it not make sense that he'd pursue a dream to fix it? He wouldn't have gotten anywhere in the gang if he'd went solo, as shown by the numerous times throughout the part where he would've fuckin' died if he was on his own.

I disagree with everything you've had to say but I'm at least glad you went into detail this time. I'd honestly advise you to give this part and Giorno more of an open chance, I'm not sure where you got these thoughts from when most of them are easily disprovable/don't make too much sense, but hey there's 9 more eps left so who knows maybe you'll like him a bit better by the end. Or not. Not every part in the series is for everyone, I just hope you can see that a lot of your criticisms apply far more to other characters in the series than Giorno.

About the perfect hero part: I wasn't referring to how the world inside the anime reacts to him. We see very early on how he is a saint, he has super powers, and we see him doing good things.

Almost every Jojo is a Gary Stu to some degree. The only ones I would exempt are probably parts 4, 7 and 8.

Giorno is a key factor in most conflicts, and outside of conflicts too. He either takes out enemies, or gives information/clues to the other members of the gang.

I'll re-word this one a bit for you: any mistakes Giorno makes have no real consequences. Another part of this is flaws of personality, which he basically does not have.

Not every Gary Stu character has to meet every crtieria at the start of their character arc.

It's pretty pointless to speculate about what Giorno would've done had he not become a ganster. Just my opinion.

It's good to see someone here is not so quick to fling insults at me and have actual conversations. I already gave it a chance years ago when I read it, not my favorite part. Watching the anime version really makes the bad points stick out to me.
And as I think I've made clear at this point, many character in Jojo are Gary Stus. Giorno included, and one of the most egregious examples too.
May 19, 2019 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
Modernoir said:
CondemneDio said:

Now this is just ridiculous. You can't call other people stupid then make bottom-of-the-barrel arguments like "Y-Yeah Giorno could've cleared every fight on his own!" despite it being proven in those exact fucking fights he'd have been rendered useless if it weren't for his teammates, as if you know better than the writer of the part himself. Are you just digging for excuses to rip on the character or something? Why are you so obsessed with labelling characters as gary stus? Can you not take a character on their own merits? Do you have to rely on buzzwords because nuance is a concept you can't understand? If you're really this unwilling to see how many times your criticisms have been invalidated by actual evidence then we're done here, I think you've embarrassed yourself in this thread enough after all. It's like arguing with someone who's only thoughts on Golden Wind come from them skim-reading meme criticisms on 4chan JoJo threads lmfao

I'll pretend I did not see this one, since I thought you were a bit more civilized. Take a chill pill.

R3K_ said:
CondemneDio said:

?

"First, we was hated by the group." You literally said that lol

Also, you were the one that said Giorno didn't need help, I demonstrate he did, you answered a laughable "Araki wanted the other characters to have moments too" "even Jotaro needed help", and I showed the difference.

Some people here are kind of too defensive about your criticism, but you're not so different now.

Then I propose you read it as I meant it. Indifferent, not hate. you happy?

Jotaro and Giorno are both Gary Stus. This is about as much as your posts up to this poitn have managed to prove.
May 19, 2019 9:29 AM
May 2016
CondemneDio said:
Modernoir said:

So, every JoJo then?

About the perfect hero part: I wasn't referring to how the world inside the anime reacts to him. We see very early on how he is a saint, he has super powers, and we see him doing good things.

Almost every Jojo is a Gary Stu to some degree. The only ones I would exempt are probably parts 4, 7 and 8.

Giorno is a key factor in most conflicts, and outside of conflicts too. He either takes out enemies, or gives information/clues to the other members of the gang.

I'll re-word this one a bit for you: any mistakes Giorno makes have no real consequences. Another part of this is flaws of personality, which he basically does not have.

Not every Gary Stu character has to meet every crtieria at the start of their character arc.

It's pretty pointless to speculate about what Giorno would've done had he not become a ganster. Just my opinion.

It's good to see someone here is not so quick to fling insults at me and have actual conversations. I already gave it a chance years ago when I read it, not my favorite part. Watching the anime version really makes the bad points stick out to me.
And as I think I've made clear at this point, many character in Jojo are Gary Stus. Giorno included, and one of the most egregious examples too.

Disregard my last post then, I was too defensive in calling you out like that. I can see where you're coming from to some extent but I think in general you should stop being so reliant on the phrase "gary stu". If you generalize characters by sweeping traits used to criticize them you lose out on their individual nuances. I don't think any JoJo is a gary stu because they're all genuinely interesting characters in one way or another that have numerous bits to them that make them human (Jotaro's autistic tendencies like ringing doorbells/being so infatuated with the sea and giving one-liners, Giorno yearning to go back home for some pizza etc). I just don't like seeing people rip into what I think is good writing without at least giving things a bit of a chance if that makes sense? But in the end this is an agree-to-disagree manner. Thank you for actually going through with the conversation.
May 19, 2019 11:40 AM

Apr 2019
found some people in this thread talking about the poor animation ? personally it looked pretty much like the other episodes and haven't really found any proof of their statement from anywhere. but really cant wait to for the next episode to show girono's personality to towards a person such as cioccolata and the mudas
May 19, 2019 1:32 PM

Oct 2017
damn now it's confirmed that he is dead.It was obvious but the confirmation still hurts.
May 19, 2019 3:38 PM
Aug 2017
CondemneDio said:
R3K_ said:

Uhm, what.

Those are the majority of the fights he is in though. The other fights are soloed by the other gang members or only involve villains. I honestly don't know how you can honestly say completely seriously that a character that is completely absent from fights or if he is present needs help to win it 90% of the time. The other users basically listed every fight Giorno has even a passing influence in and most of them he either messed up and needed help or was completely useless from the start of the fight. So again, how is he a Gary Stu that wins every fight he is a part of without difficulty.

And yeah he was welcomed. Bruno, the boss, introduced him. Why wouldn't they welcome him? He's a coworker. Even then Abbacchio doesn't like him for a majority of the part like many workplace environments.
darkstom248May 19, 2019 3:42 PM
May 19, 2019 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
darkstom248 said:
CondemneDio said:

Those are the majority of the fights he is in though. The other fights are soloed by the other gang members or only involve villains. I honestly don't know how you can honestly say completely seriously that a character that is completely absent from fights or if he is present needs help to win it 90% of the time. The other users basically listed every fight Giorno has even a passing influence in and most of them he either messed up and needed help or was completely useless from the start of the fight. So again, how is he a Gary Stu that wins every fight he is a part of without difficulty.

And yeah he was welcomed. Bruno, the boss, introduced him. Why wouldn't they welcome him? He's a coworker. Even then Abbacchio doesn't like him for a majority of the part like many workplace environments.

Gary Stus need help too, this was established with Jotaro before.
May 20, 2019 2:30 AM

May 2009
@Comander-07

It's not a right or wrong situation. It almost never is in cinemá, you either feel it or not.
May 20, 2019 12:02 PM
Nov 2017
Amazing episode. Animation, voice acting, ost, everything. This is one of my favs and I think episode 31 will be even more amazing, I hope they don't screw it, we've all been waiting for it.
Oasis compatibility with Green Day makes this stand group one of the most powerful I've seen in JoJo, unlucky for then that Buccellati isn't affected due to that sad truth. Talking about Bruno, that moment when he decided to jump was so amazingly well done, it's one of the best scenes in all of the part 5 anime. The ost pause and then change, animation, even the "Ari Ari Ari Arrivederci" (in my opinion this was so much better than the first one, I absolutely love it!!). It all made this scene so incredible, I have really high hopes for that one scene that's coming.
Enough Bruno, now about Giorno and Mista. That one really gay scene... damn... I loved it, if the episode wasn't good enough, that made it even better imo.
I can't wait for the next episode, all this hype makes me want to watch it right now...
Anyways, 11/10 episode, time to watch fan made videos and hope DP doesn't screw ep 31
May 20, 2019 12:24 PM

Sep 2014
Shoryuuken said:
@Comander-07

It's not a right or wrong situation. It almost never is in cinemá, you either feel it or not.
What has that to do with your original reply? Are you one of those people who think different people cant come to the same conclusion and therefore have the same opinion?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 20, 2019 12:49 PM

Oct 2018
I have no idea why people are arguing here, mal sure gotten bad these days

I'm personally enjoying this part but if some people aren't enjoying then it's completely fine. Jojo parts are separated for a reason so they can be enjoy differently and in the end it's all about opinion.
Ri22rkMay 20, 2019 1:04 PM
May 20, 2019 3:26 PM
Mar 2019
I always come to MAL and look at comments before watching episode thinking: "This episode gonna suck according to some of these ppl" and the opposite is always true *facepalm*
May 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Jul 2014
R3K_ said:
Uhm, what.
How exactly was he hated?

He gets hazed by everyone when he first meets the gang. Everyone except Abbacchio gets over really fast, though.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.