Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 2019 6:40 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Almost all Rui chapter again (except last page). Kajita was suspended for three days and Rui knows why. They talked and even shook hands. Fortunately, from the Rui side no love interest to Kajita has noticed... She regards him only as a friend...
BTW Hina decides to live with Natsuo... Not quite sure if it's the same apartment or the same building. Hina starts the attack?
May 14, 2019 11:46 AM
May 2017
I can quite relate to the topic of racism because i'm also a minority living in the west. This i think would be the problem that will lead to the development of RuixKajita in the future.

But now we're back to Japan, yes i'm glad Hina is starting her move. I bet all the Misaki things has lit her up and she doesn't want Nat to recklessly act as prince on a white horse for some random suspicious girls again.
Rytakahashi09May 14, 2019 1:44 PM
May 14, 2019 1:17 PM
Mar 2019
This was a nice wrap up to this small look into Rui! It was good for us to take a break from Natsuo for a little bit and see Ruis perspective on the whole thing.

I think this chapter puts the RuiXKajita thing to the wayside, at least for now. It probably hasn't been shelved completely, but I'm slowly warming up to Kajita, and it's good to see that their relationship at friends and co workers is being strengthened nicely.

I think it's really interesting for Sasuga-Sensei to portray a vignette of racist ideals in America, especially since shes writing for a mostly Japanese audience. I think she touched on it pretty well in the small time it was brought up.

The scene at the end just made me laugh. Hina's always been kind of funny and cute like that. Though, I think she does have a good reason for wanting to move in with Natsuo. I mean, the dude just got kidnapped, and with his additude, who knows what kind of trouble he could get himself in trying to help other girls.

That said, it is probably not completely selfless. I can imagine what's going to happen in the next arc is going to complicate things at least somewhat.

And honestly the same thing applies to Natsuo as it does with Rui: If he sleeps with Hina while he's still caught up on Rui, I'm going to feel gross.
May 14, 2019 3:30 PM
Sep 2015
First on Rui and Kajita: Rui still sees Kajita only as a coworker. She is still in love with Natsuo folks! She only broke up because she is conflicted around what Mom said after Natsuo got stabbed. She doesn't like feeling jealous, but she also doesn't understand how Natsuo can be so oblivious to the affections of the girls around him. She is also oblivious to how Kajita is starting to feel about her. I still see that being the trigger to let her see how Natsuo felt.

Next to Hina: She has said many times that she only wants to be the good "onee" now. She is still attracted to Natsuo, but she knows he loves Rui and wants to be with her. I think the idea of moving in together is her wanting to watch over him, especially after he got involved with a drug-addict and got kidnapped by her dealer. She might use this to rekindle her feelings, but I will feel so disgusted if Natsuo gives in.

Waiting for the trigger to get Natsuo writing again. Maybe Hina will help? She was a teacher. Maybe she will teach Natsuo some English so he can communicate with Rui's roommate and get some info about how Rui is? We'll see...
May 14, 2019 6:57 PM

Feb 2019
Wow I thought Rui was a little more savvy than that. She really is innocent and kind of naïve. I still don't like how close Rui and Kajita are getting. It may seem like she is keeping things friendly, but I don't think he sees it that way. Seems like he sees an opportunity.

I LOLd at the dig on Americans. "This country has a history of discrimination against migrants". But for real, so does every country in the history of humanity including Japan. Try being Chinese and live in Japan and see how you get treated even today.
May 14, 2019 8:20 PM

Apr 2012
Knowing how the mangaka writes, this is a now a shift in focus. She is writing the cook guy to actually be a genuinely good guy. Lowkey ship him and Rui, sure he would treat her better than Natsuo anyways LOL

Cant wait to see what is going on now...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 15, 2019 7:27 AM

Sep 2018
Rui coming in with that handshake and sending Chief boy straight to the friend zone :D
Also Hina moving in? will we finally see some hentai scene's after so long?
well that's just my opinion.....
May 15, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
hugedata said:
Wow I thought Rui was a little more savvy than that. She really is innocent and kind of naïve.

This chapter, even though it's been pretty obvious, shows how naïve Rui is towards Males SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING. She had issues with Hina not knowing what was so good about sex, having a significant other and being in a relationship which Natsuo filled that void slightly. She's now starting to realize "oh shit there are Men out there who think of me as a sexual object." Her relationship with Kajita I feel will be a wake up call to Rui and have her think "Is this what Natsuo was dealing with while I was in America." Because as I just mentioned Rui's relationship's with Males is with only one (don't bring up AL that was a one sided love) where Natsuo has been dealing with a boat load of different females. Hina, Rui, Serizawa, the College girl he was competing with, the neighbor who was a call girl, the crazy girl in the Theatre club who wanted sex. He's dealt with more. That's why I loved this chapter for the most part because it's Rui character development.

Then there's Hina. I was honestly warming up to her but this chapter reminded me why I hate her. I feel like there's a slight chance she's doing this to get Natsuo on the rebound. Now I would be sick because she had mentioned how she wanted to be a Good sister. But if she was really concerned why would she just not ask Natsuo to move home? He wanted to be independent from his Parents which is why he moved out. Why would he need his sister impeding on his freedom? I just feel like this is a selfish ploy out of Hina. I really wanna like Hina...I do...but this didn't help.

55Chevee said:

Waiting for the trigger to get Natsuo writing again. Maybe Hina will help? She was a teacher. Maybe she will teach Natsuo some English so he can communicate with Rui's roommate and get some info about how Rui is? We'll see...

This. This is something I can see happening and honestly I wouldn't mind it. For a while I had a theory Natsuo would fly to America to help Rui or even visit her. And Hina teaching him English would be a help.
SoraSenpaiMay 15, 2019 2:36 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 15, 2019 11:23 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty sure that Kei Sasuga is most likely going to pair Rui and Chef boi eventually.
As I always said, I think Rui likes Natsuo only because he was her first and only love. She lost her virginity to him and ever since then Natsuo was the only one for her.
I think Rui and Kajita are a better couple than Rui and Natsuo were. They sure have more things in common.
And to be honest I just don't get it why so many people hate Kajita ? I mean yeah, at the beginning he was kind of cocky, but other than that he didn't do anything wrong. Probably people just hate him because he threatens their RuixNatsuo ship which is kind of lame if you ask me.

Seems like next week we're going back to Natsuo. I'm so glad those 3 chapters about Rui are over. I'm just so curios to see what Natsuo is gonna respond in regard to what Hina said. Hope they're moving in together though
_Yuuya_May 18, 2019 7:35 AM
May 15, 2019 11:54 AM
Feb 2019
Damn Hina made a move 😭. It may not end well..
May 15, 2019 10:49 PM

Oct 2009
_Yuuya_ said:

Seems like next week we're going back to Natsuo. I'm so glad those 3 chapters about Rui are over. I'm just so curios to see what Natsuo is gonna respond in regard to what Hina said. Hope they're moving in together though
Sounds like you're doing the same in the hope Nat ends up with Hina
May 16, 2019 12:07 AM

Nov 2012
Naewanz said:
It may not end well..

心配しないで. I hope this turns out okay and Natsuo will do the right thing if he really loves Rui. I knew Natsuo not a wuss. And I have confidence in Rui. I mean, i believe they love each other and which is why I have faith in them.
May 16, 2019 3:33 AM

Feb 2019
Von_Struth said:
_Yuuya_ said:

Sounds like you're doing the same in the hope Nat ends up with Hina

I'm doing the same what ? You mean hate Rui because I want Natsuo and Hina to be together. It's true that I like Hina more than Rui, but I don't hate Rui. I just find her character very boring and bland, that's why I sad I was glad those 3 Rui focused chapters are over. But when it cames to Kajita people straight up hate his guts for no good reason. To be honest I don't like him either but I also don't hate him. It's kind of the same situation it was with Shu, when he was dating Hina.. Even though Shu was quite a nice guy
_Yuuya_May 16, 2019 3:36 AM
May 16, 2019 7:54 AM

Mar 2018
Lmao at the "Kajita is actually a good person!" guys, he is subconsciously making moves at Rui all the time.Giving her some space?Nope, he should pursue her ass because he is such a good person!

We will see what will Hina do.She is in the same boat for me if she behaves like that too.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
May 16, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2009
TimelessOne said:
Lmao at the "Kajita is actually a good person!" guys, he is subconsciously making moves at Rui all the time.Giving her some space?Nope, he should pursue her ass because he is such a good person!

We will see what will Hina do.She is in the same boat for me if she behaves like that too.
I'm not sure why people like Hina, she slept with a student and is homewrecker. All top tier shit things one can do.
May 17, 2019 7:59 AM

Feb 2019
Von_Struth said:
TimelessOne said:

I'm not sure why people like Hina, she slept with a student and is homewrecker. All top tier shit things one can do.

Yeah I know it's pretty bad that she had an affair, but it wasn't entirely her fault. Shu promised her that he will divorce his wife, and kept giving her hopes. But keep in mind that neither Hina nor Rui are saints. I mean if you want to talk about Rui what kind of girl have sex with a guy moments after she meets him for the first time. And yeah Hina slept with a studen (like we didn't already knew that), this is a taboo series, if you are so offended because of that you should've droped this series a long time ago. At the beggining that was the whole reason 90% of the readers we were even reading this manga. And people like Hina because she sufferd a lot, and she deserves her happy ending. I mean she went through all that for Natsuo. All she wanted was for Natsuo to be happy. That's why when she returned and saw Natsuo and Rui together she didn't try to force herself back in Natsuo's life. She was only behaving like an older sister and suported Natsuo. On the other hand when Natsuo and Hina were together Rui always kept making moves on Natsuo, and when they were at Ooshima Rui could have been honest to Natsuo and tell him that Hina still loved him, but she didn't do it because Rui doesn't want Natsuo to be happy, she wants herself to be happy. Besides she's a hypocrite. Telling Hina she would never make the person she loves suffer but later dumping Natsuo in one of the hardest moments of his life. If you ask me the real question is why do some people like Rui, she's terrible
_Yuuya_May 17, 2019 10:09 AM
May 17, 2019 8:22 AM

Mar 2019
I am glad that Hina and Natsuo finally showed up. I am getting a bit tired to see Rui and Chef boy all the time, hopefuly next few chapters will be about N&H.

Does Japanese people never talk bad about foreigners? Why is it such a big revelation for Rui? Or did we just had a chapter about clash of cultures?
May 17, 2019 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
_Yuuya_ said:
Von_Struth said:

Yeah I know it's pretty bad that she had an affair, but it wasn't entirely her fault. Shu promised her that he will divorce his wife, and kept giving her hopes. But keep in mind that neither Hina nor Rui are saints. I mean if you want to talk about Rui what kind of girl have sex with a guy moments after she meets him for the first time. And yeah Hina slept with a studen (like we didn't already knew that), this is a taboo series, if you are so offended because of that you should've droped this series a long time ago. At the beggining that was the whole reason 90% of the readers we were even reading this manga. And people like Hina because she sufferd a lot, and she deserves her happy ending. I mean she went through all that for Natsuo. All she wanted was for Natsuo to be happy. That's why when she returned and saw Natsuo and Rui together she didn't try to force herself back in Natsuo's life. She was only behaving like an older sister and suported Natsuo. On the other hand when Natsuo and Hina were together Rui always kept making moves on Natsuo, and when they were at Ooshima Rui could have been honest to Natsuo and tell him that Hina still loved him, but she didn't do it because Rui doesn't want Natsuo to be happy, she wants herself to be happy. Besides she's a hypocrite. Telling Hina she would never make the person she loves suffer but later dumping Natsuo in one of the hardest moments of his life. If you ask me the real question is why do some people like Rui, she's terrible
Okay lets break down your argument.

1. Well yes it is 100% her fault she got involved with some she knew was married and continued a sexual relationship with them.
2. Are you slut shaming? Remember why Rui felt they need to have sex, her older sister berated and disparaged Rui just for confronting her about the affair, what kind of sister pushes someone to the point that action seems logical?
3. Not offended doesn't mean I can't destain a molester.
4. She suffered due to her own selfishness of sleeping with a married man than a student, also you don't need to be in a relation to be happy. She is the most childish character in the series and has always put relationships before advancing her self, you can't be happy when you allow your relationships to control your life like she has in the past.
5 Hina knew before dating Nat that Rui also liked Nat, so I say good on Rui for not supporting sexual assault.
6. If you feel a relationship isn't working its wrong to continue that relationship but giving Nat false the night before is pretty shitty.

No one is perfect but Rui has a lot better credits than Hina.
May 17, 2019 7:09 PM
May 2017
As a HinaxNatsuo fan im not gonna jump the gun here and think that shes making a move. I genuinely think shes moving in just to keep an eye on him after everything that happened to him. Tho i am very excited for the possibilities that this development brings. I hope that they do eventually start dating again and this time nothing will be holding them back, which would be great to see. Ever since they're break up I've been dying for them to get back together because I've always felt that they never had a real chance together, since there was always the teacherxstudent problem hanging over them. If at the end of this hypothetical relationship they don't work out I can rest easy knowing that they had nothing holding them back this time and it was just not meant to be between them. Then I would be willing to cheer for rui.

Overall as a hina fan i did enjoy these chapters with Rui but I am excited to see what's next
May 17, 2019 11:45 PM

Feb 2019

Von_Struth said:
_Yuuya_ said:

Okay lets break down your argument.

1. Well yes it is 100% her fault she got involved with some she knew was married and continued a sexual relationship with them.
2. Are you slut shaming? Remember why Rui felt they need to have sex, her older sister berated and disparaged Rui just for confronting her about the affair, what kind of sister pushes someone to the point that action seems logical?
3. Not offended doesn't mean I can't destain a molester.
4. She suffered due to her own selfishness of sleeping with a married man than a student, also you don't need to be in a relation to be happy. She is the most childish character in the series and has always put relationships before advancing her self, you can't be happy when you allow your relationships to control your life like she has in the past.
5 Hina knew before dating Nat that Rui also liked Nat, so I say good on Rui for not supporting sexual assault.
6. If you feel a relationship isn't working its wrong to continue that relationship but giving Nat false the night before is pretty shitty.

No one is perfect but Rui has a lot better credits than Hina.

Ok let's continue then....
1. We can argue on and off about that and we wouldn't get anywhere, I'm not saying Hina it's not at fault for doing that. I'm just saying I understand why she did it. I know she should've waited for Shu to first divorce and then date him. That was her and Shu's fault.
2.You are 100% wrong here. Chapter 7, Hina told Rui that she couldn't undersatnd her because she never made love to someone she loved. How on earth does that mean "go to a mixer and do it with the first guy you meet". Here was entirely Rui's fault. And when you say Hina is berating and disparaging Rui, well Hina is right. You can't undersantd someone unless you've been through what they've been through.
3. I don't get it. Do you even know what a molester is ? I don't recall Hina beeing sexually assaultive or abusive twords Natsuo. If you do though, please tell me the chapter that happend cause I'd be intrested to see.
4. Hina is someone who gave up on her dreams and moved away from her family for someone else's sake, how is she selfish ? She did however let her relationship with Natsuo control her life, but that was because she truly loved him. You can't balme her for that. Yeah you don'y need to be in a relationship to be happy, but when you love someone so much that you always think of that person, you wont be happy unless you are with that person.
I strongly feel Rui is the most childish character in the entire seires. Almost all she does is out of impulse (like sleeping with a guy the first time she ever meets him, and breaking up with Natsuo because Natsuo didn't tell her about his problemes because he didn't want to make her worry).
5. She knew Rui liked Natsuo, but she also knew Natsuo didn't liked Rui. Just BY liking someone doesn't mean that person belongs to you. Both Hina and Rui loved Natsuo and Natsuo chose Hina. I don't see anything wrong with Hina and Natsuo dating, regardless whether or not they hurt Rui's feelings. The only wrong thing is for Rui to come between them just for making herself happy. And sexual assault ? Give me a break, that's just bs
6. The only relationship that isn't working was Natsuo and Rui's relationship. The reason beeing Rui always getting jealous over the most insignificant things.
The only thing that didn't worked in Natsuo and Hina's realtion was the fact that they were teacher and student. Other then that there was nothing wrong with it. They both loved eachother and they both were ready to make sacrifices for the other's sake.

No one is perfect indeed and Rui is not even close of beeing a girlfriend as loving and supporting like Hina was.
_Yuuya_May 18, 2019 4:35 AM
May 18, 2019 1:22 AM

Oct 2009
Stop being a pig and slut shaming someone, she was pressured into thinking she needed to have sex to be an adult so she could feel something, Hina did the same thing to Nat. Full on bitch mode because she didn't want to accept what she did was wrong.

Don't you? Hina would be charged with sexual assault and would be doing some sweet jail time.

True love doesn't start with manipulating and having sex with a student, exactly why it's a crime. A sane person also doesnt throw away their life and reputation for love, that's a childs mentality.
May 18, 2019 4:31 AM

Feb 2019
Von_Struth said:
Stop being a pig and slut shaming someone, she was pressured into thinking she needed to have sex to be an adult so she could feel something, Hina did the same thing to Nat. Full on bitch mode because she didn't want to accept what she did was wrong.

Don't you? Hina would be charged with sexual assault and would be doing some sweet jail time.

True love doesn't start with manipulating and having sex with a student, exactly why it's a crime. A sane person also doesnt throw away their life and reputation for love, that's a childs mentality.

Let me tell you something, I never said Rui was a slut but if a girl were to do what she did when she first meet Natsuo you wouldn't be wrong to call her a slut.
You're basically saying what Rui did to Natsuo at the beginning was ok because she was pressured by Hina to do it, but when Hina had sex with him, now it's a crime and she should be arested and should go to jail under the accusation of sexually assaulting a student (even though they were a couple and Natsuo just expressed his wish of eventually marrying her, wich means Hina didn't force him into anything).
I feel like this argument we have it's just futile. I didn't realized you were brain dead when I first quoted your comment. I can't comprehend how your way of thinking works.

_Yuuya_May 19, 2019 10:03 AM
May 18, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2009
_Yuuya_ said:

I feel like this argument we have it's just futile. I didn't realized you were brain dead when I first quoted your comment. I can't comprehend how your way of thinking works.

Yes a teacher having sex with a student is a crime with a jail sentence, ever heard of statutory rape bud? You did imply she was "what sort of girl"does that make Nat a slut as well or does your bigoted views only relate to women?
May 18, 2019 7:15 AM

Feb 2019
Von_Struth said:
_Yuuya_ said:

Yes a teacher having sex with a student is a crime with a jail sentence, ever heard of statutory rape bud? You did imply she was "what sort of girl"does that make Nat a slut as well or does your bigoted views only relate to women?

Yes I've heard of statutory rape my bud but have you known this ?
"The Age of Consent in Japan is 13 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 12 or younger in Japan are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape or the equivalent local law."
Now I don't know about you but I think Natsuo was older than 13 back then.
_Yuuya_May 18, 2019 7:33 AM
May 18, 2019 8:07 AM
Apr 2018
I was waiting for all of this RuixKajita thing to be over before dropping the manga. Since ch226 I've been only reading the forum to catch up with the weekly updates, but now I just finished the chapters 227, 228 and 229 and... I don't know, as a RuixNat teammate It doesn't seem too bad for me. Looks like Rui is trying to grow and be strong, Kajita is just a bud who nurtures feelings for her but it's not something she feels for him too.

But I do think that punching the others guys was too much, It's not she wanted to be protected you know? I mean, he could just have told her that those guys were assholes.
May 18, 2019 11:25 AM
Sep 2015
_Yuuya_ said:
Von_Struth said:

Both Hina and Rui are messed up, but you seem to have an agenda in how you view their actions. Hina was a young girl when their parents split up. That has a tendancy to cause issues in young children. Hina was a "Daddy's girl" and craves attention from men. That is part of why she became disliked by the other girls in school. That led to her desire for Shuu and ultimately her whole plan to become a teacher. She started having an affair with her former teacher because she thought that was real love. When Rui and Natsuo showed her otherwise, she realized she couldn't go back to Shuu. She knew having a relationship with a student two years away from graduating was wrong, but she couldn't help feeling the need to be wanted by him. She gave in to his fantasies about her, and when they were caught, she ran away claiming it to be better for him. Hina may have been an adult, but she was still very immature.
Rui, on the other hand, was barely a toddler when their Dad left. She didn't get much attention from Mom because she had to work to support the family. Hina practically raised her, so she desired Hina's attention. Rui is so socially awkward and inept that she would do anything to be able to be close to her. When Hina rejected her because Rui didn't know what it was like to have sex (Rui's interpretation of the comment), Rui decided to take action and learn what it felt like. She didn't just have sex with the first guy she met, she observed Natsuo and chose him because he seemed to be a good person. Later, when she realized she had developed feelings for him, she pursued those feelings. Natsuo rejected her in favor of sex with Hina, his teacher who was at least 6 years older than he and Rui are.
Rui accepted that Natsuo and Hina were a couple, until Hina left. Rui even apologized to Hina for pursuing Natsuo. Rui has felt guilty about Hina's happiness since then. She feels uneasy about Natsuo's feelings for her because he lied to her to be with Hina. Rui overheard her Mom saying that Hina and Natsuo might be happier if they were still a couple. Rui doubts herself so much that she broke up with Natsuo thinking he would be happier without her, NOT that she was trying to cause him pain or even get some freedom for herself.
Rui is far from perfect, so is Hina and so is Natsuo. A teenager having fantasies about a beautiful older woman is normal. Wanting to have sex with a girl who reminds you of that fantasy woman is also normal. Natsuo really loves Rui though. Even when he was with Hina, his thoughts wandered back to Rui (it isn't normal to think about someone else during sex with someone you really love). Natsuo has grown with Rui's help, and she has grown with his help.
Kyouma_SenseiMay 18, 2019 11:29 AM
May 18, 2019 2:13 PM
Apr 2018
55Chevee said:
_Yuuya_ said:

Both Hina and Rui are messed up, but you seem to have an agenda in how you view their actions. Hina was a young girl when their parents split up. That has a tendancy to cause issues in young children. Hina was a "Daddy's girl" and craves attention from men. That is part of why she became disliked by the other girls in school. That led to her desire for Shuu and ultimately her whole plan to become a teacher. She started having an affair with her former teacher because she thought that was real love. When Rui and Natsuo showed her otherwise, she realized she couldn't go back to Shuu. She knew having a relationship with a student two years away from graduating was wrong, but she couldn't help feeling the need to be wanted by him. She gave in to his fantasies about her, and when they were caught, she ran away claiming it to be better for him. Hina may have been an adult, but she was still very immature.
Rui, on the other hand, was barely a toddler when their Dad left. She didn't get much attention from Mom because she had to work to support the family. Hina practically raised her, so she desired Hina's attention. Rui is so socially awkward and inept that she would do anything to be able to be close to her. When Hina rejected her because Rui didn't know what it was like to have sex (Rui's interpretation of the comment), Rui decided to take action and learn what it felt like. She didn't just have sex with the first guy she met, she observed Natsuo and chose him because he seemed to be a good person. Later, when she realized she had developed feelings for him, she pursued those feelings. Natsuo rejected her in favor of sex with Hina, his teacher who was at least 6 years older than he and Rui are.
Rui accepted that Natsuo and Hina were a couple, until Hina left. Rui even apologized to Hina for pursuing Natsuo. Rui has felt guilty about Hina's happiness since then. She feels uneasy about Natsuo's feelings for her because he lied to her to be with Hina. Rui overheard her Mom saying that Hina and Natsuo might be happier if they were still a couple. Rui doubts herself so much that she broke up with Natsuo thinking he would be happier without her, NOT that she was trying to cause him pain or even get some freedom for herself.
Rui is far from perfect, so is Hina and so is Natsuo. A teenager having fantasies about a beautiful older woman is normal. Wanting to have sex with a girl who reminds you of that fantasy woman is also normal. Natsuo really loves Rui though. Even when he was with Hina, his thoughts wandered back to Rui (it isn't normal to think about someone else during sex with someone you really love). Natsuo has grown with Rui's help, and she has grown with his help.

I couldn't agree more
May 18, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2009
_Yuuya_ said:
Von_Struth said:

Yes I've heard of statutory rape my bud but have you known this ?
"The Age of Consent in Japan is 13 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 12 or younger in Japan are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape or the equivalent local law."
Now I don't know about you but I think Natsuo was older than 13 back then.
Then you should know that the age of consent in Tokyo is 18 and student teacher relationships are still illegal, every region in Japan has their own take on age of consent. More or less 13 is a legal loop hole rather than a law.
May 18, 2019 8:20 PM
May 2019
It's just saddens me reading comments sometimes, why is everyone hates hina so much? She sacrifice so much way much than anyone can comprehend
May 18, 2019 9:56 PM

Feb 2019
Von_Struth said:

Then you should know that the age of consent in Tokyo is 18 and student teacher relationships are still illegal, every region in Japan has their own take on age of consent. More or less 13 is a legal loop hole rather than a law.

"Japan's base age of consent is the lowest of any developed country. However, many prefectures also have local "corruption of minors" or "obscenity statutes" (淫行条例) which raise the de-facto age of consent to 16-18, unless they are in a "sincere romantic relationship", usually determined by parental consent. For example, the effective age of consent in Tokyo by local statute is 18."
I think if their parents would have to chose between accepting their relationship or having Hina go to jail I think they'll chose to accept them, plus Natsuo was almost 18, plus they could just change region, but either way Hina would not go to jail for having sex with Natsuo.
Honestly I don't even know why you want her so much to go to jail. Yeah you could say what she did is a "crime" ,but that crime didn't hurt anyone besides her. Plus if the student doesn't report anything, again nothing will happen
May 19, 2019 7:55 AM
Jan 2019
Yuuya-san,
I agree with everything you mentioned! Hell, I'm glad there are people rooting for Hina x Natsuo. #TeamHina

As of now though, I don't think Hina moving in with Natsuo has anything to do with their romantic feelings for each other. We should not forget that Hina doesn't know about the break-up yet. It'll be interesting to know her response when she gets to know about it!

Also, Rui seems to have friend zoned Kajita, but we all know Kajita doesn't seem like a person to give up. And he put up a fight for her sake, it's gotta count for something! I'm pretty sure Rui will eventually know Kajita's feelings and if by that time Natsuo does not make a move back on Rui, she's sure to end up with our beloved Chef-boi.

Von_Strouth-san,
I don't hate Rui, but you seem to hate Hina a bit too much. I just want to say that both of them loved Natsuo very much, but look where it got Hina and where it got Rui. Hina left her home, job, passion, hell her own family. She sacrificed her entire love and cried a lot more than Rui tbh. Rui on the other hand, completed her studies, found her passion, got a perfect job and left Natsuo on her OWN, she was not forced to sacrifice her love. And honestly, Rui left Natsuo because of jealousy? Hina was FORCED TO SACRIFICE. She did it for HIS sake.

And talking legally, they aren't student-teacher anymore if you know what I mean. xD

But then again, I'm fine with Rui/Hina ending up with Natsuo as long as it is based out of true feelings.
May 19, 2019 8:31 AM

Nov 2012
thetasteless07 said:
Yuuya-san,
As of now though, I don't think Hina moving in with Natsuo has anything to do with their romantic feelings for each other. We should not forget that Hina doesn't know about the break-up yet.

How's your reading? She knows. Chapter 217, page 15...
I have a great suspicion that almost half of Hina shippers didn't even read the manga, and came here straight after the TV show...
May 19, 2019 8:56 AM
May 2017
Akagi-kun said:
thetasteless07 said:
Yuuya-san,
As of now though, I don't think Hina moving in with Natsuo has anything to do with their romantic feelings for each other. We should not forget that Hina doesn't know about the break-up yet.

I have a great suspicion that almost half of Hina shippers didn't even read the manga, and came here straight after the TV show...

@Akagi-kun I have great respect for you as you always responded to me and my questions nicely and you always provide updates on the status of the manga. Which is why I say with respect that there was no need to be so sarcastic with this man. It's obvious he either misunderstood or just didn't read that chapter. Also, I understand that you have a great amount of love for the character of rui which is why you have emotional responses to when people trash her character. But plz don't just assume that people that are hina shippers havent read the manga or that we just like her because of her looks. I assure you that for the majority of that fan base that is not the case. I know that seeing people trash your favorite character sucks, i know the feeling especially with hina as i have tried to defend her as well. But tbh ive grown tired of debating all these shiping wars, as ive seen you say before as well, the conversation just goes in circles. Which is why i just ignore my impulse to debate them and try to just talk about the chapters now. I hope this doesn't come across as condescending towards you but as a place of respect as youve always been so respectful towards me,
May 19, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2012
dabdan43 said:
Akagi-kun said:

@Akagi-kun I have great respect for you as you always responded to me and my questions nicely and you always provide updates on the status of the manga. Which is why I say with respect that there was no need to be so sarcastic with this man. It's obvious he either misunderstood or just didn't read that chapter. Also, I understand that you have a great amount of love for the character of rui which is why you have emotional responses to when people trash her character. But plz don't just assume that people that are hina shippers havent read the manga or that we just like her because of her looks. I assure you that for the majority of that fan base that is not the case. I know that seeing people trash your favorite character sucks, i know the feeling especially with hina as i have tried to defend her as well. But tbh ive grown tired of debating all these shiping wars, as ive seen you say before as well, the conversation just goes in circles. Which is why i just ignore my impulse to debate them and try to just talk about the chapters now. I hope this doesn't come across as condescending towards you but as a place of respect as youve always been so respectful towards me,

To be honest, I even softened my sentence a little ^^. Don't take it personally. You know I have nothing against those who like Hina. As against the her character too...
But this is one of the key points of the plot.
May 19, 2019 9:38 AM
May 2017
Akagi-kun said:
dabdan43 said:

To be honest, I even softened my sentence a little ^^. Don't take it personally. You know I have nothing against those who like Hina. As against the her character too...
But this is one of the key points of the plot.

Yeah i know you dont lol. And tbh i really dont know how he didnt know that hina knows that they broke up
May 19, 2019 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
Akagi-kun said:

🤦🏻‍♂️
May 19, 2019 2:17 PM
Sep 2015
_Yuuya_ said:
Von_Struth said:

"Japan's base age of consent is the lowest of any developed country. However, many prefectures also have local "corruption of minors" or "obscenity statutes" (淫行条例) which raise the de-facto age of consent to 16-18, unless they are in a "sincere romantic relationship", usually determined by parental consent. For example, the effective age of consent in Tokyo by local statute is 18."
I think if their parents would have to chose between accepting their relationship or having Hina go to jail I think they'll chose to accept them, plus Natsuo was almost 18, plus they could just change region, but either way Hina would not go to jail for having sex with Natsuo.
Honestly I don't even know why you want her so much to go to jail. Yeah you could say what she did is a "crime" ,but that crime didn't hurt anyone besides her. Plus if the student doesn't report anything, again nothing will happen

Natsuo was almost 18? He had over an entire year of high school before graduating. Hina left just after the second term in December. She was the adult who was supposed to know better. Hina was extremely immature to allow herself to go along with Natsuo's fantasies, especially after scolding Rui for kissing him in her bedroom. Then again, let's examine your argument. Would Hina's mom have gone along with Hina and Natsuo having a relationship? Actually, she scolded Hina for encouraging the relationship and hid Hina's address from Natsuo to try to keep them apart. She later felt some regret for that when Natsuo was in the hospital after Hina's stalker stabbed him. THAT was when she finally considered the relationship might have been alright. It was that conversation with her husband that really kicked off Rui's self-doubt about her and Natsuo being together.

I know you want Hina and Natsuo together and you hate Rui, but don't ignore important facts in the story and real life to build your fantasy world. Besides, the story happened the way it did for a reason. She left, Natsuo and Rui fell in love, Hina came back, and here we are.
May 21, 2019 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
thetasteless07 said:
Yuuya-san,
I agree with everything you mentioned! Hell, I'm glad there are people rooting for Hina x Natsuo. #TeamHina

As of now though, I don't think Hina moving in with Natsuo has anything to do with their romantic feelings for each other. We should not forget that Hina doesn't know about the break-up yet. It'll be interesting to know her response when she gets to know about it!

Also, Rui seems to have friend zoned Kajita, but we all know Kajita doesn't seem like a person to give up. And he put up a fight for her sake, it's gotta count for something! I'm pretty sure Rui will eventually know Kajita's feelings and if by that time Natsuo does not make a move back on Rui, she's sure to end up with our beloved Chef-boi.

Von_Strouth-san,
I don't hate Rui, but you seem to hate Hina a bit too much. I just want to say that both of them loved Natsuo very much, but look where it got Hina and where it got Rui. Hina left her home, job, passion, hell her own family. She sacrificed her entire love and cried a lot more than Rui tbh. Rui on the other hand, completed her studies, found her passion, got a perfect job and left Natsuo on her OWN, she was not forced to sacrifice her love. And honestly, Rui left Natsuo because of jealousy? Hina was FORCED TO SACRIFICE. She did it for HIS sake.

And talking legally, they aren't student-teacher anymore if you know what I mean. xD

But then again, I'm fine with Rui/Hina ending up with Natsuo as long as it is based out of true feelings.

Heh, here I am wondering how could anyone think Hina has been selfish. She did make some bad choices earlier in their relationship and I don't mean going out with him, but rather being super bad at keeping it a secret(Natsuo too in that case) and not communicating with him as she left but then again, it was a desperate situation and she did take the bullet for his sake - while not a perfect decision, it was a sacrifice for his sake.

Both then & throughout the manga, Hina & Natsuo have been the most selfless when it comes to each other. Life has thrown a ton of shit their way and throughout all their struggles, they've been supportive towards one another, down right sacrificing oneself for the other. Just as Hina suddenly moved out of her home, away from her family & the work place she loved, so did Natsuo take a freaking knife stab for her, to which she then responds with staying almost non-stop with him while he heals. All this happened without either of them expecting anything in return as they weren't even in romantic relationship. But it's a strong relationship even as siblings or friends that hang out & share what goes on in their life over a drink even. And of course one will be more willing to share more with Hina because she's more accepting.

And all this without even being in a relationship anymore, expecting nothing from each other, but just being friendly & supportive towards the other.

What has Rui & Natsuo's relationship accomplished or been through in comparison? Well, the most she did was support him when he was down after Hina left, but you could say that was a rather had a one-sided love trying hard to get his attention. As he got interested in her, she has him compete with Al over her too but to be fair, he needed that too as he was too wish-washy.

After they became a couple though, she starting showing off her needy girlfriend side more & more until we got to the break-up, which was initiated by her, unlike the break-up with Hina which came from the outside circumstances since neither her nor Natsuo wanted it. But the break-up is all initiated by Rui & no one else. I actually agree with the reasons she stated during the break-up, and I'm glad she realized it, but had a truly horrible timing for it, and also showed that she's not willing to try & salvage their relationship when times get rough for one of them.

Like, let's put ourselves in Natsuo's shoes for a moment and most of us would feel abandoned by our significant other that decides to leave us when we'd instead need someone to at least offer some emotional support through a personal struggle. In Natsu & Rui's case, one that didn't wasn't even related to him & Rui's relationship. What's worse, she made it related by starting to argue how awful it was not to tell her, obviously due to her own insecurity which she's shown to have throughout their relationship. Not exactly what Natsuo needed then.

I myself am all for Natsuo either ending up with Hina or neither of the two - he'll most likely be on good terms with Hina either way. Rui just needs to focus on herself to be happy now. I say good luck to Chef Boy, he'll need it! Then again, he's rather bland & kind of a normie compared to Natsuo so he'll probably be fine with being in a more locked down relationship, assuming Rui accepts him.
May 21, 2019 9:02 PM

Nov 2012
There is one thing. If Natsuo and Rui's love is real, nothing changes. No matter how wonderful Hina or what a good guy Khajiita. Only If love was not real, then... But I still think, the first one wasn't real love for Natsuo. It maybe was just infatuation based on a physical attraction.
Anyway, now I'm just wondering how this is going to end.
May 23, 2019 3:21 AM

Jan 2019
After reading DG for so long, the last panel was not enough to faze us. I guess.
May 24, 2019 9:17 AM
Jan 2019
dabdan43 said:
Yeah i know you dont lol. And tbh i really dont know how he didnt know that hina knows that they broke up

Akagi-kun said:

_Yuuya_ said:
🤦🏻‍♂️

Apologies to the Hina-Fam. I'll take care not to repeat this. #ForHina

Akagi-san, as you said and I agree, may the true feelings persist & win. Then again, I think maybe all Rui fans are sore because of the way things are between Rui and Chef-boi. Let me not rub any more salt on their wounds :')

But in the end, I guess what matters is, my point of Hina being selfless has been conveyed :') #TeamHina.
thetastelessMay 25, 2019 12:26 AM
May 25, 2019 10:31 AM

Feb 2019
ManlyTear said:

Heh, here I am wondering how could anyone think Hina has been selfish. She did make some bad choices earlier in their relationship and I don't mean going out with him, but rather being super bad at keeping it a secret(Natsuo too in that case) and not communicating with him as she left but then again, it was a desperate situation and she did take the bullet for his sake - while not a perfect decision, it was a sacrifice for his sake.

Both then & throughout the manga, Hina & Natsuo have been the most selfless when it comes to each other. Life has thrown a ton of shit their way and throughout all their struggles, they've been supportive towards one another, down right sacrificing oneself for the other. Just as Hina suddenly moved out of her home, away from her family & the work place she loved, so did Natsuo take a freaking knife stab for her, to which she then responds with staying almost non-stop with him while he heals. All this happened without either of them expecting anything in return as they weren't even in romantic relationship. But it's a strong relationship even as siblings or friends that hang out & share what goes on in their life over a drink even. And of course one will be more willing to share more with Hina because she's more accepting.

And all this without even being in a relationship anymore, expecting nothing from each other, but just being friendly & supportive towards the other.

What has Rui & Natsuo's relationship accomplished or been through in comparison? Well, the most she did was support him when he was down after Hina left, but you could say that was a rather had a one-sided love trying hard to get his attention. As he got interested in her, she has him compete with Al over her too but to be fair, he needed that too as he was too wish-washy.

After they became a couple though, she starting showing off her needy girlfriend side more & more until we got to the break-up, which was initiated by her, unlike the break-up with Hina which came from the outside circumstances since neither her nor Natsuo wanted it. But the break-up is all initiated by Rui & no one else. I actually agree with the reasons she stated during the break-up, and I'm glad she realized it, but had a truly horrible timing for it, and also showed that she's not willing to try & salvage their relationship when times get rough for one of them.

Like, let's put ourselves in Natsuo's shoes for a moment and most of us would feel abandoned by our significant other that decides to leave us when we'd instead need someone to at least offer some emotional support through a personal struggle. In Natsu & Rui's case, one that didn't wasn't even related to him & Rui's relationship. What's worse, she made it related by starting to argue how awful it was not to tell her, obviously due to her own insecurity which she's shown to have throughout their relationship. Not exactly what Natsuo needed then.

I myself am all for Natsuo either ending up with Hina or neither of the two - he'll most likely be on good terms with Hina either way. Rui just needs to focus on herself to be happy now. I say good luck to Chef Boy, he'll need it! Then again, he's rather bland & kind of a normie compared to Natsuo so he'll probably be fine with being in a more locked down relationship, assuming Rui accepts him.

Finally someone who makes sense
May 26, 2019 7:58 AM
Mar 2015
Kajita clearly has feelings for Rui Rui views him as a friend,but they have so much in common that they will drift together. He will never treat her like the other American treat Japanese

Hina had made her move That will not bode well given their history
May 30, 2019 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
>Japanese comic giving America a lesson about accepting immigrants

LOL nice one as always, Sasuga.
May 31, 2019 5:46 AM
Dec 2014
Really liked how the chapter developed Rui, Kajita and their relation, romantic or not. Also, really liked how Sasuga-sensei worked the theme of prejudice. It's characteristic of her to develop characters and themes outside of the main storyline. Some people don't like it, but i do, because it gives a touch of realism to the world of the manga, where things keep happening independently of the main story and characters.

But the content of the chapter aside, in the scene on the rooftop, isn't there pages where Rui has her moon necklace on and pages where she does not? That really bugged me
gust0717May 31, 2019 5:52 AM
May 31, 2019 5:51 AM

Nov 2012
gust0717 said:
The content of the chapter aside, in the scene on the rooftop, isn't there pages where Rui has her moon necklace on and pages where she does not? That really bugged me

The manga is drawn quickly enough, that's the thing, i think.
May 31, 2019 8:34 AM
Mar 2015
Glad the air has been cleared between Kajita and Rui so that we can move on from that relation
Jun 5, 2019 6:22 PM

Feb 2019
Shipping Rui x Kajita. No to Natsuo lmao
owkey
Jun 6, 2019 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
ok like rui focus and now we are back to the main focus...what is going on on this manga anyway
Jun 8, 2019 6:33 AM

Oct 2017
I liked the theme of this chapter, it was quite different but good.

Also -__- i will just facepalm my whole existence if something happens between Hina and NAtsuO.

Also RUi x KajiTa because I don't like Natsuo :/

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

12 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 19, 11:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.