Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2019 12:30 PM

Jan 2018
Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, and last, maybe least... GAME OF THRONES!! (ok, got is not anime but you get the point)

I'm probably just salty cuz Season 8 of GoT is total dogbutt, but I'm not really exaggerating when I say that most great anime end like dogbutt as well.

Wait.. I think I made this kinda thread long ago... ahh who cares anyway...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 15, 2019 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Bleach and Fairy tail - Great shows. Hmm, the credibility of this thread has just gone down the toilet.

Ok jk, a lot of shows have great endings and a lot of shows have bad endings, that’s just the nature of entertainment.
May 15, 2019 12:37 PM

Jan 2019
When a show starts great our expectations on the ending is also great but if it goes a bit down, it looks like a bad ending ... just some random guy theory.
May 15, 2019 12:42 PM

Feb 2010
Not really. Bleach was never 'great', Fairy Tail went bad a long time ago, Naruto never really ended as Boruto is still ongoing, but the finale was pretty solid and Game of Thrones just gets the hate that every western final season gets. I haven't seen the new season yet, but I highly doubt it is as bad as you say, because it never is. Well, almost never. The Lost ending was pretty terrible. But if you give people 2 years before your final season they will simply start having too many and too specific expectations and basically anything you do will disappoint them. I doubt any Game of Throne ending would have satisfied people.

You can also argue that for something to be a great show it needs a great ending in the first place, making your statement kinda contradictory. How great can the show really be if you found the ending to be that bad? Definitely not as good as a great show that also has a great ending, like for example Bebop or Breaking Bad.

But in my experience most anime have either no actual ending because they are still ongoing or never get fully adapted. Or they have just kinda mediocre, safe endings that don't impress but also aren't 'horsecrap', unless anything less than stellar means 'garbage' to you.

Either way I recommend stop caring about endings, or at least stop having high expectations for them. It's just a small part of a show, most of it happens before that and if you enjoyed yourself during that 'journey' the ending shouldn't be able to take that enjoyment away since it already happened. For me a bad ending can never ruin a show, just prevent it from getting 'bonus points' in my book. Especially when it comes to anime the default expectation should be 'no ending' or 'meh ending', that way you will get disappointed less and generally enjoy yourself more.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 15, 2019 12:43 PM

Jan 2018
Sayanora12 said:
Bleach and Fairy tail - Great shows. Hmm, the credibility of this thread has just gone down the toilet.

Ok jk, a lot of shows have great endings and a lot of shows have bad endings, that’s just the nature of entertainment.

Eyyy I really liked Bleach, it had its good moments, then the Fullbring Arc happened, and then that shitty last arc happened as well... damn Bleach you were so good...

And I was kinda stretching to include Fairy Tail...

May 15, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2014
The moment you put Bleach in the category of "great shows" every word you said lost all of its value.
May 15, 2019 12:48 PM

Jan 2018
Pullman said:
Not really. Bleach was never 'great', Fairy Tail went bad a long time ago, Naruto never really ended as Boruto is still ongoing, but the finale was pretty solid and Game of Thrones just gets the hate that every western final season gets. I haven't seen the new season yet, but I highly doubt it is as bad as you say, because it never is. Well, almost never. The Lost ending was pretty terrible. But if you give people 2 years before your final season they will simply start having too many and too specific expectations and basically anything you do will disappoint them. I doubt any Game of Throne ending would have satisfied people.

You can also argue that for something to be a great show it needs a great ending in the first place, making your statement kinda contradictory. How great can the show really be if you found the ending to be that bad? Definitely not as good as a great show that also has a great ending, like for example Bebop or Breaking Bad.

But in my experience most anime have either no actual ending because they are still ongoing or never get fully adapted. Or they have just kinda mediocre, safe endings that don't impress but also aren't 'horsecrap', unless anything less than stellar means 'garbage' to you.

Either way I recommend stop caring about endings, or at least stop having high expectations for them. It's just a small part of a show, most of it happens before that and if you enjoyed yourself during that 'journey' the ending shouldn't be able to take that enjoyment away since it already happened. For me a bad ending can never ruin a show, just prevent it from getting 'bonus points' in my book. Especially when it comes to anime the default expectation should be 'no ending' or 'meh ending', that way you will get disappointed less and generally enjoy yourself more.

Eyy back in my days, Bleach was the shit... then it became shit.

You're kinda right when you say that my thread is a bit contradictive, probably need to change the title...

But can you really not give a shit about the ending? I still think the ending is a pivotal part of the journey tho

May 15, 2019 12:50 PM

Jan 2018
zombie_pegasus said:
The moment you put Bleach in the category of "great shows" every word you said lost all of its value.

Alright there's been a lot of hate on Bleach here and I gotta tell you m8..

Back in mah days, Bleach was the shit!!!!

then it became shit.... but hey, it had its glory days.

May 15, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2017
Have you ever watched Breaking Bad? (it isn't an anime but since you have metioned GOT )
Also I think I've never seen a breathtaking ending anime: just some good and some bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2019 12:59 PM

Jan 2018
Mucosa said:
Have you ever watched Breaking Bad? (it isn't an anime but since you have metioned GOT )
Also I think I've never seen a breathtaking ending anime: just some good and some bad

Of course I've watched Breaking Bad, and that ending was good. But GoT... jesus fucking christ...

May 15, 2019 1:05 PM

May 2018
"Most great shows end like horsecrap!"
Never the shows I consider great.
May 15, 2019 1:13 PM
Jan 2019
Mucosa said:

Try Avatar The last airbender

Its still tehnicly a cartoon but its heavily inspired by anime and the story and characters stays strong from the beggining till the end, hell even the filler episodes are considered to be extremely good (exept The great divide), overall 10/10 would reccomend
May 15, 2019 1:32 PM

Feb 2019
I agree, most anime endings ARE crap. If you can even call them "endings".........most of them basically amount to "go read the manga if you want more" and leave you with a single season that never concludes anything. To use other examples: Hyouka, Death Parade, Devil is a Part Timer, No Game No Life, Log Horizon, D-Frag, Charlotte, and almost every slice of life/romantic comedy that ever existed.

We need more anime that ended like Assassination Classroom. It was definitive, wrapped everything up, and even had an epilogue episode that showed what happens to the characters after the events of the main story. THAT is what I would call a perfect anime ending.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
May 15, 2019 3:09 PM

Jan 2018
MadHobbit2 said:
I agree, most anime endings ARE crap. If you can even call them "endings".........most of them basically amount to "go read the manga if you want more" and leave you with a single season that never concludes anything. To use other examples: Hyouka, Death Parade, Devil is a Part Timer, No Game No Life, Log Horizon, D-Frag, Charlotte, and almost every slice of life/romantic comedy that ever existed.

We need more anime that ended like Assassination Classroom. It was definitive, wrapped everything up, and even had an epilogue episode that showed what happens to the characters after the events of the main story. THAT is what I would call a perfect anime ending.

That's even worse than a bad ending... the series doesn't even have one

May 15, 2019 3:32 PM

Nov 2007
Dave_Adrian said:
Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail...

I stopped reading right there. 30 chara limit.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 16, 2019 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
I don't really agree, most last arcs in anime ARE crap, but the ending itself isn't really crap, talking about last chapters/episodes. For example, yes Naruto's war arc is a fucking hot pile of garbage but the epilogue with Hinata and Naruto marrying was really sweet.
May 16, 2019 2:00 AM

Jan 2009
sturgeons law strikes again then "90% of everything is crap"
May 16, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 2018
I feel like when you mention longer shows without an already prepared ending like Bleach and Fairy Tail you lose credibility. Not cause they're bad shows, I haven't watched them so I wouldn't know, but because you expect such a banger of an ending from the heavy shows. A 12 episode season with a closed ending has no issues with those kinds of things for the most part.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 16, 2019 9:54 AM
Sep 2018
Dave_Adrian said:
Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, and last, maybe least... GAME OF THRONES!! (ok, got is not anime but you get the point)

I'm probably just salty cuz Season 8 of GoT is total dogbutt, but I'm not really exaggerating when I say that most great anime end like dogbutt as well.

i won't remember great shows for the ending but what lead us to the ending
May 16, 2019 10:19 AM

Aug 2017
Comander_Lucky said:
Mucosa said:

Try Avatar The last airbender

Its still tehnicly a cartoon but its heavily inspired by anime and the story and characters stays strong from the beggining till the end, hell even the filler episodes are considered to be extremely good (exept The great divide), overall 10/10 would reccomend
I have already seen it and I love it.Azula best girl u.u
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2019 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
Naruto, Bleach and Fairy Tail were not great in the first place.. But maybe I agree that they had big downgrades after several arcs (for FT maybe, one good arc after bad arcs, but bad arcs again following it).. "You can die a hero or live long enough to be a vilain" things huh ?
About GoT, I had felt big downgrades since about season 5, since the tv series made their original story not faithfully followed the novel anymore.. I guess that said something about quality of the authors ...

But we still have a good show like FMAB right ? And even Dragon Ball is still good until the end.. And I am not yet mentioning long epic mangas like Blade of the Immortal ...
Oh of course Avatar and Breaking Bad too ...
Jim_HeartMay 16, 2019 10:29 AM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 16, 2019 10:50 AM
Oct 2018
I thought the death note ending was pretty good, Megalo Box also ended nicely, but could have been better. A bad ending is something like deadman wonderland's ending
May 16, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
Most anime shows barely end at all lmao
May 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Aug 2010
well when your idea of great shows includes Bleach, you were setting yourself up for failure to begin with.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
May 16, 2019 2:40 PM

Aug 2018
It's to be expected that soulless mainstream crap like Naruto will fizzle out at the end when they stop being profitable. If you want shows with a decent ending, try choosing better shows.
May 16, 2019 2:42 PM
Aug 2018
Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and GoT great shows no there not
May 16, 2019 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
You should watch Seinen.

Bebop, Lain, Berserk, etc. These are all seinen.

Also, GoT is crap, watch Breaking Bad or The Sopranos, both have some of the best endings ever.
May 16, 2019 2:55 PM

Apr 2019
Well yes i agree, Darling in the franxx for instance should have ended different and goblin slayer also. Both had great story line but in the end it feels like you've been stabbed by the main character while it whispered to you "nothing personal kiddo".
:)
May 16, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2019
Pullman said:

I read only part that naruto not ended, come on... but what about one piece??? srsly?
May 16, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2018
Diggelenburg said:
Well yes i agree, Darling in the franxx for instance should have ended different and goblin slayer also. Both had great story line but in the end it feels like you've been stabbed by the main character while it whispered to you "nothing personal kiddo".

I don't even remember the ending to Goblin Slayer, Im sure I would have remembered if it was a stab in the back. besides, the story isnt even over yet.

No, the one anime that comes to mind when I think "bad ending" is Chrno Crusade.
May 16, 2019 8:02 PM

Jan 2016
If a show ends poorly, I don’t consider it great.
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 17, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2019
I don't get why everybody's saying that naruto and bleach were never good, are people just shittin on them because they're mainstream idk? I thought naruto had moments when it seemed like an absolute masterpiece. The depth to the characters and the fights where genius, the choreography and the character's motivations. It's one of the only anime to make me cry. Half way through shippuden it went to absolute crap. I died of disappointment. The soul society of bleach was also amazing. The show as a whole was quite crap but that arc was without a doubt great. But, yeah, I feel as though these shows turn to shit because the chapters of the manga come out weekly so I guess they are pushed for time. I guess the publishers also want to squeeze all the potential out of the story and drag it on for as long as possible because... money.
May 17, 2019 7:14 AM

Oct 2010
I know a guy who doesn't wanna consider naruto's ending because he married hinata. Anyways, most shonen jump authors are stretched out of their limits so they conclude the series badly. Bleach end was a mistake and Fairy Tail is looking bad as of ep 26 of the final season.
May 17, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
I'm more salty about the fact that a lot of anime don't even have endings to begin with because they want you to buy its source material. I understand why they do it but still. X)
May 17, 2019 10:21 AM

May 2016
Wut? But you have watched Steins;Gate. There's no way you believe what you just said.

Also finish the Monogatari Series before you continue with that line of logic.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 17, 2019 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
"well when your idea of great shows includes Bleach, you were setting yourself up for failure to begin with."

"The moment you put Bleach in the category of "great shows" every word you said lost all of its value."

"If you want shows with a decent ending, try choosing better shows."

People on this thread, he can say whatever show he wants is great. He is entitled to his opinion as much as you are to yours.

May 17, 2019 10:56 AM
Apr 2018
The examples you have given firstly by my personal opinion and secondly based on MAL scores do not qualify as great shows.I think your premise is incorrect as majority of truly great shows do not end like 'horsecrap'.They are great because they have a consistent plot which among other qualities is what are needed for a show to be great.
May 18, 2019 12:51 AM

Jun 2016
I want to believe you're a troll but I know you aren't
May 18, 2019 1:11 AM

Jan 2009
Arkab said:

this is true thats why i do not watch much anime adaptations (unless i know they will finish the story because of popularity) that is sadly the majority of anime, more original anime will be more than welcome
May 18, 2019 1:30 AM

Feb 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
Bleach made me quit watching anime for 10 years. I thought it was so fucking bad.
HyperL said:
Wut? But you have watched Steins;Gate. There's no way you believe what you just said.

Also finish the Monogatari Series before you continue with that line of logic.
Where can I upvote this comment??

So only thing I can say about this topic is I agree S8 GoT is dogbutt, end comment.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
May 18, 2019 1:54 AM

Jun 2016
Arkab said:

Try watching something not intended for 13 year olds.
May 18, 2019 2:19 AM

Mar 2019
Every show that you mentioned, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tale, and GOT, I can't help but notice something in common with all of them.

They're all stories that were longer than they really needed to be.

Naruto and Bleach are so long that almost half of the episodes are fillers and GOT started losing quality starting season 5 when they seemed like they started relying too much on shock value.

Most anime I actually have the opposite complaint, they end them too fast. Some shows really deserve more seasons or more episodes and aren't given them. But Naruto and Bleach are good examples of shows that did not need to be as long as they made them. I know its sourced from the manga, so I'm also saying that the manga creators did not need to make them that long.

But if you look at shorter animes like Death Note, Code Geass, and Angel Beats... Personally, I thought they had amazing endings. They were all just as long as they needed to be, no more and no less.
May 18, 2019 6:05 AM

Jan 2013
Dave_Adrian said:

Three anime are most? Interesting.

Vorpality said:
Arkab said:

It has nothing to do with the demographic.

Anyway the dude is wrong, most shows do have an ending.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 18, 2019 6:15 AM

Apr 2014
they want you to buy the manga if u wanna see more
May 18, 2019 7:51 AM
Jan 2017
Cabron said:
Dave_Adrian said:

Three anime are most? Interesting.

Vorpality said:

It has nothing to do with the demographic.

Anyway the dude is wrong, most shows do have an ending.

I think the number of anime with an actual ending is so few that one can make a list of them.
May 18, 2019 8:20 AM

Jan 2018
gaq_t said:
I thought the death note ending was pretty good, Megalo Box also ended nicely, but could have been better. A bad ending is something like deadman wonderland's ending

That's wasn't even really an ending, it was basically just another season 1 ending then the studio who produced it went up so nobody has bothered finishing it
What a beautiful Duwang
May 18, 2019 8:55 AM
Oct 2018
Jus1294 said:
gaq_t said:

That's wasn't even really an ending, it was basically just another season 1 ending then the studio who produced it went up so nobody has bothered finishing it

Yeah, i heard the manga continues is but I wanted to see another season, not read the manga lol.. It does get continued but not in anime form is basically my point, so it's a "bad anime ending"
May 18, 2019 9:01 AM

Mar 2019
A lot of series don't really have a plot that advances much and then the writers suddenly have to find a way to "end it" so they come with some really weird closure.

Take the writers such a route I præfer that they go with the route StarGate: SG-1 took where they forgo trying to "end it" and even though it's a series final it's præsented in a way that nothing is closed and it just considers business as usual thenceon.

Other series do advance the plot and consequently allow for a great ending. DS9 ended on a fitting conclusion to everything because of this.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
May 18, 2019 10:39 AM
May 2019
See here, if a show has an ending that can suck my fucking dick, why would it be a "great show"?

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 54 minutes ago

9 by Dije »»
58 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

120 by FFandMMfan »»
3 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 5 hours ago

14 by Kenzolo-folk »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 1 hour ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 46 minutes ago

5 by Archean-Return »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.