Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 21, 2016 12:41 PM

Feb 2016
I started watching LH thinking it'd be less pandering than SAO, but obviously there had to be some, currently I'm on episode 22, and the show turned from action/magic/MMO to stupid tsun tsun moeshit harem antics. The lolis don't bother me, instead what's really annoying is the forced love triangle among Akatsuki, Minori and Shiroe. I heard the second season is worse than the first one, and I know DEEN very well. So, should I give it another chance or drop it? What do you think?
Jul 21, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2016
You didn't enjoy it
You know that second season is shit

What do you think ?
Jul 21, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
If I were you, would finish the fisrt season and "bb Log Horizon".
Jul 21, 2016 12:45 PM
Mar 2016
I thought that the first season at least was pretty good. I was also bothered by the love triangle for a bit but I think I remember they did something to make up for it eventually?? Idk I honestly watched it so long ago now I don't remember much but I say at least finish the first season.
Jul 21, 2016 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
The second season was a bit weird indeed but I'd say you give it a fair shot..
Jul 21, 2016 12:48 PM
Jul 2016
I was thinking of insulting you right away but i change my mind you can't suddenly become cancer something either slowly becomes it and you did not realize it it didn't at all whatever you do holds absolutely no significance to us so drop it
Jul 21, 2016 12:54 PM

Feb 2016
I survived till like ep. 17 where the boring ass goblin fights were happening, youre tough!

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jul 21, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2016
Tyr-the-Ronin said:
I was thinking of insulting you right away but i change my mind you can't suddenly become cancer something either slowly becomes it and you did not realize it it didn't at all whatever you do holds absolutely no significance to us so drop it
Don't worry, in this exact moment I want to smash your face against seven hard walls.
Jul 21, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2015
@OP
The 2nd season has some great RPG and world building elements to it, its the later episodes that it kind of gets boring when it focuses on side characters (the kids journey), but to be honest it is necessary because another arc starts from their plotline. Also the best thing I liked about the 2nd season is the insane boss battle tactics/raid party tactics they used like straight out of a MMO.
Jul 21, 2016 2:16 PM
Dec 2014
LH producers wanted the SAO crowd.

Making shit is easier I guess.
Jul 21, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
season 1 was so boring
i dont care about giving s2 a try
Jul 21, 2016 2:22 PM

Jan 2016
SAO IS BETTER AND THAT'S FACTS.gkfjgj
Jul 21, 2016 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
season 1 was so boring
i dont care about giving s2 a try

Lmao! Wise decision.

Stay far, far away from season 2 if you thought season 1 was boring.
Jul 21, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2012
Log Horison is garbage and overrated.

I suggest you watch SAO, Accel World, Overlord and Btooom. All of these are good.
Jul 21, 2016 3:02 PM

Sep 2015
The first season was great aside from the ridiculously stupid love triangle.

Second season is a fair bit worse than the first. The pacing becomes excruciatingly slow with them dragging simple events out for far too long. 2nd season sets the stage for the next part of the story nicely but since there isn't a 3rd season there isn't much of a reason to watch the 2nd, IMO.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 21, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2014
The main cast kinda sucks, if they made the main characters better it would have helped a lot.
Jul 21, 2016 3:08 PM

Sep 2015
Don't think anyone liked the love triangle. If you want to watch season 2, do it in 2x speed, it's pretty boring
Jul 21, 2016 3:11 PM

Aug 2014
Season 1 was pretty good even though it was a bit too slow paced for my taste. Never got around to finishing season 2 but I never felt compelled to go back to it.
Jul 21, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2014
To me..... it turned cancerous in ep 4 of season 1.
Jul 21, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
If you hate the love triangle then you'll probably not want to see the second season as it has more of it. Though I completely agree that the love triangle was extremely unnecessary. I'd still prefer Akatsuki though because she's actually in college and also because Minori is a fucking middle school girl.

But if you love the worldbuilding then stick with it. Its more "gamey" than SAO could ever be. The second season includes Raids with actual tactics, gamer speech, Akatsuki development (because she had none in the first season), more interesting worldbuilding, boring sidestory with the kids and a surprising plot point at the end of the show.

Edit: It actually has become a harem because Henrietta also harbors secret feelings for Shiroe. Well fuck.
Jul 22, 2016 3:09 AM

Nov 2009
Quadrillion said:
I started watching LH thinking it'd be less pandering than SAO, but obviously there had to be some, currently I'm on episode 22, and the show turned from action/magic/MMO to stupid tsun tsun moeshit harem antics. The lolis don't bother me, instead what's really annoying is the forced love triangle among Akatsuki, Minori and Shiroe. I heard the second season is worse than the first one, and I know DEEN very well. So, should I give it another chance or drop it? What do you think?

1) Log Horizon is 80% MMORPG fan pandering, 10% grand strategy, and 10% slice-of-life with elements of romance.
I watch it for the grand strategy, and for awesome feats like Shiroe making government or earning all the money.

2) Second season has no less grand strategy and awesome feats than the first one. If you like that part, watch it.

3) The silver swords' leader's speech was awesome too, so if you like some MMORPG fan pandering, don't miss it.

4) There is no less slice-of-life in the second season. Probably even more of it.

5) If you aren't watching anime for the sake of content, go watch your LoGH, Lain or whatever your elitist peers approve. You have no business watching proper anime.

6) The second season has at least 2 storylines going in parallel for the major part of the season, so if you have problems with non-linear storytelling, you're better off not watching it.
Jul 22, 2016 3:16 AM
Dec 2015
Just watch danmachi (best mmo anime out there) and Konosuba (parody of mmo)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 3:45 AM

May 2015
World Building is better on Log Horizon compared to SAO.SAO on the other hand has better character building.So they have their own pro's and con's.As for me I'd still prefer Log Horizon rather than SAO If I'm given the choice between the two If not then I wouldn't pick there are better shows for me like overlord,grimgar and "KONOSUBA!".
zurgboy00Jul 22, 2016 4:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 3:45 AM

Nov 2011
I wouldn't call it cancer but it does get pretty boring during the second season which is why I dropped it.

Jul 22, 2016 3:56 AM

Jun 2016
90% of MMO anime is a pile of welsh lady ass fudge however you look at it.The only good one I could bear watching lately was KonoSuba, that was actually very good, other than that, nothing at all, also KonoSuba is a parody so I'm not sure that even counts.DanMachi was semi-decent until about the last quarter though.
Jul 22, 2016 4:04 AM

Oct 2014
The first season of Log Horizon is A LOT BETTER than the second one so that should tell you what to do.
Jul 22, 2016 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
You will definitely not enjoy the second season then, since it even turned away a lot of the show's fans.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 22, 2016 4:38 AM

Mar 2015
No, DEEN is cancer. Log Horizon is great. Don't watch S2, it never happened.
Jul 22, 2016 4:51 AM

Feb 2016
Erg_Orgy said:
90% of MMO anime is a pile of welsh lady ass fudge however you look at it.The only good one I could bear watching lately was KonoSuba, that was actually very good, other than that, nothing at all, also KonoSuba is a parody so I'm not sure that even counts.DanMachi was semi-decent until about the last quarter though.
Not sure if it's still MMO genre, but C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control is my favorite game-setting anime.
Jul 22, 2016 5:16 AM

Aug 2015
The second half of the second season was so boring...when I've watched those episodes I had the feeling that I've watched 23 min but in reality only 10 minutes have passed ...no fun at all...the first half wasn't that bad whatsoever
Jul 22, 2016 5:25 AM
Jan 2016
I don't know what you're talking about, I liked both seasons just fine and while I will never be the kind of person who likes love triangles I didn't really mind this one.
Jul 22, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Log Horizon board.
Jul 26, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
The author doesn't know where to take the story and the characters.
He just keeps shifting and ending plot points early to do other stuff that's also abandoned.
He should just make it a slice of life mmo and stop tying to make it serious.
Aug 4, 2016 8:28 PM
Jan 2016
flannan said:
Quadrillion said:

1) Log Horizon is 80% MMORPG fan pandering, 10% grand strategy, and 10% slice-of-life with elements of romance.
I watch it for the grand strategy, and for awesome feats like Shiroe making government or earning all the money.

2) Second season has no less grand strategy and awesome feats than the first one. If you like that part, watch it.

3) The silver swords' leader's speech was awesome too, so if you like some MMORPG fan pandering, don't miss it.

4) There is no less slice-of-life in the second season. Probably even more of it.

5) If you aren't watching anime for the sake of content, go watch your LoGH, Lain or whatever your elitist peers approve. You have no business watching proper anime.

6) The second season has at least 2 storylines going in parallel for the major part of the season, so if you have problems with non-linear storytelling, you're better off not watching it.

Well said. I think people who're expecting a life-chaining experience from Log Horizon should quit, because this show probably won't give you that. It's a really fun show to watch though, and I would definitely recommend it.
Aug 10, 2016 6:26 AM
Aug 2016
Shiroe is probably as bad as Kirito, they've both got 5 women each who may or may not want their dicks.

But I'd say season 2 is slightly better, imo.
KazumaKuzuryuAug 10, 2016 6:29 AM
Mar 13, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
Senpaoi said:

That is coming from someone who loves the show. Not gonna debate, but Log Horizon took actual thought to write.

(putting it here so not to clog the other thread)

Just writing giant walls of mmo, economic and politic text doesn't make good writing, the author obviously doesn't know what to do with the story and keeps stalling and not committing to any plot point.
Mar 18, 2017 8:58 PM

Mar 2016
Damn, i really liked this anime!!!

I cant compare this wiht SAO because i never watched it..

This was actually very good:
-The strategy parts maked me remember of No Game No Life, i mean, Shiroe and Sora are so similar :o
-The battles were also cool
-And the humour could be better but was good.

The only bad thing was that triangle love between Shiroe, Akatsuki and Minori, that was not needed at all!

So i cant give to this 10/10 because it was awesome but was not a masterpiece like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood or Attack on Titan.
It´s a pretty solid 9/10

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Mar 29, 2017 9:22 AM
Mar 2017
it's not better than SAO tbh, it sucks actually.
May 13, 2017 6:23 PM
May 2015
I'm surprised you even made it to episode 22. I dropped Log Horizon 2 times (first was in episode 5-ish then I decided to give it another try but I finally decided to drop it by Ep. 13) because I couldn't handle that boring piece of fucking dog shit. They talk WAAAAAAAY TOOOO much about shit I don't give a shit about. SAO has bad writing but it's, at least, entertaining to watch.

-Boring-ass strategies..This caused the story to get dragged on and on and on. Code Geass did the strategy thing right.
-Boring-ass politics...Again, the story was dragged because of Log Horizon's politics which I didn't give a shit about. House of Cards is mostly about politics and yet, I didn't find that masterpiece of a show boring. I wonder why?
-Barely any action scenes...When they finally got around to the action scenes, it was just an invasion of the goblins? The fuck? It's a known unwritten rule that Goblins are the weakest creatures in every single RPG I've played. Where the fuck are the boss fights? Log Horizon is an MMO, my ass. If I wanted to watch a bunch of characters being a bunch of pussies against Goblins then I would have watched Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (which I did and Grimgar did it WAYYY BETTER).

If you think I'm trolling then you can think whatever the hell you want but I'll just say that I'm not.

jc9622May 13, 2017 6:39 PM

May 15, 2019 5:17 PM
Sep 2018
suddenly? log horizon was always trash
no stakes
1 dimensional characters
bad animation
no place the story goes to
Feb 4, 2020 1:15 AM
Feb 2020
look another thread of "hey guys haters,sao fanboy,show urself and gather here to flame this series and its fans" with some stupid fake question "became cancer",wtf is became cancer? log horizon still the same,yeah s2 is more slower than s1 but its just the problem with adaptation and the studio,about the "noob group" with their chara development and william is how it should be,u already hate the character so u will never ever interested and hate if they show up anyway like any one who hate that.
yes s1 is better than s2,but what happen in s2 is necessar and log horizon still log horizon it doesnt become cancer or become something stupid like building harem,stupid force romance who become the "main important" focus of the show like sao did.
Feb 6, 2020 8:11 PM
Sep 2017
LordKulci said:
no stakes
1 dimensional characters
bad animation

Damn, you going to trigger Log Horizon fanboy if you insult their gospel.
Feb 9, 2020 12:12 PM
Oct 2016
thepath said:
Log Horison is garbage and overrated.

I suggest you watch SAO, Accel World, Overlord and Btooom. All of these are good.

I watched Accel World and Overlord. They were shit for 1st season so I didn't bother going for 2nd.
Mar 25, 2020 6:13 PM
Mar 2020
The kids were annoying as fck. Those kids took up at least 10-12 to themselves every season and the protagonist really did not make that much appearance. I dont know who the protagonist is after watching season 2. They just keep going at it with the pointless kids growth. And what bothers me is that those kids below level 50 and still they were set into involving in every big important plot so called invasion. Honestly they have around 3 combat guild and they decided that the best is to use 5childrens. What is this detective conan? I got no hate for the show but its already so much talking and they still add those kids talk it irritates me a lot. Especially at season 2, when shiroe&co already finish his plan at the raid boss arc i thought the next episode is gonna be epic as he said hes going to tell the rest of round table leader about his plan. But turned out its the kids again for whole 20mins/1episodes. And not only that, it went from episode 14 to episode 20 just the kids what the hell and shiro literally did not make that much appearance its so annoying.
Apr 5, 2020 6:02 AM

Apr 2019
Quadrillion said:

Well, NO.
But that's assuming you want to watch a good "sequel" rather than an anime that's rated between good and very good. For the most part, if animation quality matters a lot, don't go for it, cuz Studio DEEN has done a horrendous job on that. The love triangle that you talked about just gets worse. And if one of your likable characters in LH is Kristy, then forget it.

However, there's absolutely no reason for you to not watch it either.
Rem is best girl
Jan 5, 2021 9:05 PM

Feb 2019
LordKulci said:
no stakes
1 dimensional characters
bad animation

Absolutely agree
I rarely rate an anime 1/10
But log horizon is one of the anime that i wanted to rate -1/10
Feb 10, 2021 11:33 AM
Mar 2017
I HATED that the show dedicated several episodes about making "proper food." Are you kidding me? Not only were these episodes boring as hell but you expect me to believe 50,000 people got transported into a new world and NOBODY NOT EVEN ONCE cooks food THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN THEIR ENTIRE LIVES? Instead, they willingly ate food that tasted like pure salt for weeks/months? I'd rather eat dirt than pure salt, and would be frantically looking for other methods. It should be common fucking knowledge to cook food naturally by the second day in. Why does the author even feel the need to write that filler garbage in? I quit watching after seeing the MC made bank off this idiotic plot point. I didn't like SAO either but jesus Log Horizon was torture to watch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.