Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol what's with this show and girls fangirling over about princely characters

Seems like a balanced episode of humor and serious stuff. The first half almost looked like the city was in hell with the monsters while we still have the usual comedy gags. But man, the minor characters outside of the main cast are treated like jobbers. Shin's abilities is still way out of their league.
May 15, 2019 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Shin taking out all those monsters.

That ED though.

May 15, 2019 9:06 AM
Oct 2014
Shin is in the wrong anime. Should be in fairy tail
May 15, 2019 9:34 AM

Mar 2012
Was it just my imagination or did we get a vocaloid ending sequence? LOL
May 15, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
Er...am I flabbergasted at this episode. Whew, what an episode. Shit got real fast and Schtrom is still alive, no biggie for now.

A mix of war realism and Shin and Co. together with the know-nothing knights. Well, there's a difference between spirit and physics too.

The knightedness feeling is so surreal HAHA

When the lead female takes you on a ride, only to find out that the she has a thing for the MC, just not publicly.

Again, Silver Link's art amuses between graphic and comical feeling and tickles my bone a hell lot this time round. Good taste.

That ED though. Vocaloid feeling??
May 15, 2019 9:43 AM
Dec 2016
MetaKite said:
who is that at the ending actually😑
May 15, 2019 9:49 AM

Oct 2010
Well, it seems that's how far this anime goes.
Deep and touching story that makes a lot of sense and appeals to best human qualities. Not.

The only question I have, why demonoids being so spread on a radar went into straight line explosion? Is this a magic?

P.S. ED reminds me of early MMDs.
May 15, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
That ending caught me off guard.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2019 10:21 AM
Aug 2014
When you expect he will 1 shot them but it's still epic af. :D
May 15, 2019 10:28 AM

Sep 2016
FMmatron said:

Very unexpected and not really better than the normal ending.
Maybe they were inspired by Chika's dance that replaced the ending in the third episode of Kaguya-sama?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7coUG8N6MY
ZackoMay 15, 2019 11:28 AM
May 15, 2019 10:47 AM

Feb 2018
The manga is good but they really fucked up the anime with fast pacing and skipping and bad animation.
May 15, 2019 10:48 AM
Sep 2018
Zacko said:
FMmatron said:

Very unexpected and not really better than the normal ending.
Maybe they were inspired by Chika's dance that replaced the third ending of Kaguya-sama?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7coUG8N6MY

I had the same thought. If they did, they failed miserably though.
May 15, 2019 11:11 AM

Oct 2017
I researched, it seems to be Nanami Yoshi, which is the one that sings the ED. And that is her in the ED, in an amazing MMD. It seems like whoever won avex pictures and SHOWROOM's "World's First Female Virtual Talent Show" would do the ED for Kenja no Mago! And she is the one that won the audition.

This is not a rip-off of Chika's Dance! Please don't think that haha.

Her twitter: https://twitter.com/ikuseinanami
Her website: https://avex.jp/yoshinanami/
RongmarioMay 15, 2019 11:17 AM
May 15, 2019 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
This is def better than shieldhero
May 15, 2019 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
Kirishiba said:
The manga is good but they really fucked up the anime with fast pacing and skipping and bad animation.

Still better then One Punch man season 2 which is funny and sad
May 15, 2019 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
Dude just ask her out already. But that sure is way to let out your frustration destroy half of the sorrounding area
May 15, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
There is no sense of urgency here despite the fact they're supposed to be gearing up for war. But then again, it all goes back to the massively hypersonic pacing of the story.
May 15, 2019 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
lmfao, did they tried to copy Chika's dance from Kaguya Sama? Seems like it was an MMD, but still, what a waste of resources for such a low tier anime.

And what's up with the beginning of this episode? felt so lost.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 15, 2019 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
What is going on with that ED? x)
May 15, 2019 12:05 PM
Mar 2018
Shin:"I'm not going to help you on this one"
Also Shin" *kills 100+ demons*
May 15, 2019 12:30 PM
Apr 2019
Melody2222 said:
What is going on with that ED? x)

idk, I really wish this anime had a bigger budget. They are doing pretty well with what they got but it is clear they don't have much funds
May 15, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2016
Maybe time too drop this anime. I throughout the entire opening, I didn't remember which anime I was watching. I'll try to see if I can finish this episode but just hate the boring protagonist. I know that I am in the minority as the majority of people that comment on any particular series usually are people who enjoy it.
May 15, 2019 1:28 PM
Apr 2019
EsQueue said:
Maybe time too drop this anime. I throughout the entire opening, I didn't remember which anime I was watching. I'll try to see if I can finish this episode but just hate the boring protagonist. I know that I am in the minority as the majority of people that comment on any particular series usually are people who enjoy it.

This is the best anime of the season, but I can understand it's not for everyone like any other anime
May 15, 2019 1:29 PM
Apr 2019
Suduha said:
This is def better than shieldhero

agreed, I used too look forward to shield hero more, but now I look forward to this more. Still watching both though
May 15, 2019 1:42 PM

Oct 2008
MC to OP! nerf him!!
what's-up with that red-haired dancing girl new ED visuals? feels like i'm watching Virtual-san wa Miteiru? lolz
3/5.

May 15, 2019 1:47 PM

Dec 2018
this is cliche, ridiculous, stupid and that ending is a terrible attempt to make the chika dance, and even so it is much better that the atheist of the shield. Is seriously
May 15, 2019 1:50 PM
Jul 2016
elementex said:
EsQueue said:

This is the best anime of the season, but I can understand it's not for everyone like any other anime

The episode got better but the beginning was harsh. The thing is, if I hate the protagonist, it makes watching the media difficult for me to enjoy. I really hate Schrotum everything from the overused bishounen souper power design to his voice. If I was to explain why, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

About preferences, I 100% agree with you. I LOVE anime that many are tired of. I absolutely loved Slime Hero and really love One Punch Man and Shingeki no Kyojin. I even loved the latest Dragon Ball Super episodes.
May 15, 2019 1:52 PM
Jan 2017
am i the only one who annoyed that the MC is so overpower af from the first start episode
May 15, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
louiswong122 said:
MetaKite said:
No idea but I was amused.
May 15, 2019 2:25 PM

Mar 2014
Its almost like the studio saw how popular the Chika dance turned out and thought

"Hey let's do better...with Vocaloid! That will show them"
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 15, 2019 2:30 PM
Apr 2019
danklolihunter said:
Shin:"I'm not going to help you on this one"
Also Shin" *kills 100+ demons*

The sub was off, in the dub they say they will let them fight alone until things become dire.
May 15, 2019 3:16 PM

Aug 2016
The ED girl messed up her dab 5 times at the end there.
May 15, 2019 3:56 PM
Aug 2018
Having already followed the manga I can tell with the pacing the producers are really trying to get to the meat of the story without takin out to much fluff cause even with the demons supposedly on the loose you don't feel much that pressure even if the MC is OP as fug. I always felt the author was torn between making this more of a light hearted slice of life vs action oriented with swords and magic. Sadly it isn't doing either particularly well. This would have been exponentially better with one sole focus, especially with how the romance has played out.
May 15, 2019 4:02 PM
Apr 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
Having already followed the manga I can tell with the pacing the producers are really trying to get to the meat of the story without takin out to much fluff cause even with the demons supposedly on the loose you don't feel much that pressure even if the MC is OP as fug. I always felt the author was torn between making this more of a light hearted slice of life vs action oriented with swords and magic. Sadly it isn't doing either particularly well. This would have been exponentially better with one sole focus, especially with how the romance has played out.

It is doing it better than mob, that's for sure. I didn't care one bit about the school stuff or slice of life crap cause it all had nothing to do with the fighting. Whereas the slice of life stuff happening in kenja no mago all has a connection to the main plot of the story.
May 15, 2019 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
The animation quality and story took a HUGE dive, and then they finish it off with some shitty CGI that looks like a poor high school project? What is happening to this show?
May 15, 2019 4:21 PM
May 2019
Anime just dont do this art justice.. this episode was much more intense in manga.. Thats why its good, but animation was horrible.. Its so much waste.. animation company shouldnt be the one handling this art
May 15, 2019 4:26 PM
May 2019
This art was ruined by thr animation company.. Damn it.. manga of this is so good.. then this animation company just gave it a huge dissappointment.. f**k the animation company
May 15, 2019 4:30 PM
Feb 2009
wtf the ending tho luls
May 15, 2019 4:32 PM
Apr 2019
SangPH said:
This art was ruined by thr animation company.. Damn it.. manga of this is so good.. then this animation company just gave it a huge dissappointment.. f**k the animation company
SangPH said:

way overstating things, the anime isn't perfect but it's still damn good and they doing the best they can with what they got.
May 15, 2019 5:38 PM

Oct 2015
This anime isn't that good unless you blinded by overpowered characters like a little kid. I'm all for Op characters if they are greatly written like Saitama or Rimuru, but Shin is plain and generic ( nothing is special about the dweeb). Overpowered background along with everything else an MC is usually privileged to. Hell even Quanzhi Fashi 1st season was better than this. The selling platform of this is that it's an isekai and an op character, other than that nothing is interesting about it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 15, 2019 5:55 PM
Apr 2019
lihle808 said:
This anime isn't that good unless you blinded by overpowered characters like a little kid. I'm all for Op characters if they are greatly written like Saitama or Rimuru, but Shin is plain and generic ( nothing is special about the dweeb). Overpowered background along with everything else an MC is usually privileged to. Hell even Quanzhi Fashi 1st season was better than this. The selling platform of this is that it's an isekai and an op character, other than that nothing is interesting about it.

Shin is way better than rimiru. Shin actually worked for his power and uses his knowledge from earth to be op. Rimiru just got gifted everything. And has I win abilitiy predator
May 15, 2019 5:57 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
louiswong122 said:

Was asking the same question
geptor said:
The only question I have, why demonoids being so spread on a radar went into straight line explosion? Is this a magic?
P.S. ED reminds me of early MMDs.

lol #animelogic and same haha

Rongmario said:
I researched, it seems to be Nanami Yoshi, which is the one that sings the ED. And that is her in the ED, in an amazing MMD. It seems like whoever won avex pictures and SHOWROOM's "World's First Female Virtual Talent Show" would do the ED for Kenja no Mago! And she is the one that won the audition.

This is not a rip-off of Chika's Dance! Please don't think that haha.

Her twitter: https://twitter.com/ikuseinanami
Her website: https://avex.jp/yoshinanami/

Thanks for the info!

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 15, 2019 6:07 PM

Mar 2013
What's up with the MMD ED all of a sudden?
May 15, 2019 6:10 PM
Apr 2010
yeah very important joint exercise, basically you scrubs just stand aside and watch mc destroy everyone, understand military tactic now rookies?
May 15, 2019 6:40 PM

Jan 2008
That ending... It's been a while since I cringed that badly.
May 15, 2019 7:15 PM

Aug 2018
Quite an unexpected ending, that's the least which can be said.
May 15, 2019 7:24 PM
Jul 2011
That MMD ending...
May 15, 2019 8:57 PM

Nov 2011
There's time I feel like when I watch this show it's like watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon...it's just so silly and stupid.

Let's go fight demons, try to fight together and get ready for War...which leads into Shin just taking care of business.

This anime is boring, the romance is actually pathetic at this point, and they try to save it with that CGI garbage ending.

They even gloss over the Club trying to hone their magic power...like a montage can actually move a story along and is okay to use at times. You have all these characters and ZERO development.

The only thing positive is Prince Aug is pretty funny at times.
SoraSenpaiMay 15, 2019 9:01 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 15, 2019 9:54 PM

May 2015
Yo what the hell with that ending song?
It felt like a jumpscare.
May 15, 2019 10:50 PM
Jan 2019
Good episode. The war of the Kingdom against the Empire ended quickly and the emperor is dead. What a surprise!
I wonder if the bastard Strochm (or whatever his name is) will try to turn all the people the Empire into demonoids and start a war against the Kingdom. That guy is seriously insane. Many innocent people died massacred because of him. I do not see the time in which Shin Give him his deserved and a great beating.

Hahaha, it's funny to see Shin jealous, and him and Sicily embarrassed because they imagine themselves as boyfriends. LOL 😂. What if they declare their love once and for all ?!
It's good that the students of the Military Institute of Knights understood the objective of the training and that they should not belittle the magicians.
Shin as always giving a great impression about his incredible magical powers ... and all to vent the jealousy 😂.

You can not deny the great animation and sound effects in the action scenes of this anime.Simply, genial😎👌.

PS: WHAT DEMONS HAPPENED WITH ENDING SONG? XD
SiriusDFvckMay 15, 2019 10:53 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

120 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 9, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

164 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 8, 8:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.