Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2019 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Narumiya Mei is still amazing this season. That air of confidence is almost surreal.

A lot of tension this episode too with the match and gameplay. Inashiro still has a pretty strong roster with its lineup.
May 14, 2019 4:03 AM

Feb 2013
OMG, Narumiya improved again!
May 14, 2019 4:31 AM

May 2010
Narumiya Mei wanted all that smoke lol. Fire episode!
May 14, 2019 4:34 AM
Sep 2018
Mei looking like Hongou not allowing runners on base and giving them a 0 score each inning hahaha.. He's terrifyingly right now..
May 14, 2019 5:19 AM

Dec 2013
Narumiya is looking unstoppable!
May 14, 2019 6:17 AM

Nov 2016
Feel bad for my dude Todoroki, but at least he lost against the "King".

The matches in this season were short so far, but didn't lack intensity.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2019 6:23 AM
Sep 2015
One of the Diamond's best episode and it doesn't even have a single Seido member in it. Also, I finally found myself in this anime ;)
May 14, 2019 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode that had few powerful moments:
- first one was near 8 minute when Narumiya striked out batter and they showed him presenting his back with ace number
- second was when Itsuki came to mound with not-so-fun joke
- third was when Sanada speaked about Mei with respect
- fourth was when they showed Inashiro training grounds and the moment when all players speaked in same moment - probably not only me but some of you also got goosebumps in this moment

Btw. they are doing really amazing thing with adapting manga I think that at this point it looks like they are 98-99% identical with ACT II chapters. That's great job.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 14, 2019 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, Narumiya went full force. Seido are gonna be in trouble when and if they face Inashiro this year.

I actually thought Raichi hit the home run when he first connected but it looks like he's got his work cut out for him if he wants to beat Narumiya.

I do hope that Raichi does at least get one proper hit.
Won't be a Yakushi game if Raichi doesn't hit it. xD
May 14, 2019 10:57 AM

Oct 2016
This episode had good animations! I got my hopes that the season will be awesome back up!
Even thought Yakushi is my second favorite team and Narumiya is really arrogant i cant dislike him, he's too cool.
May 14, 2019 3:54 PM

Sep 2011
I loved to see Sanada's lower body, I mean, Sanada himself, being acknowledged and shining like that. He is between my favorites, and so is Mei to be honest, and he was able to hold down a team like Inashiro like that at first. But unfortunately, or fortunately, Inashiro seems to be making their comeback here.

Mei is the King, and even though I don't like the way he looked down at Yakushi, saying they were lucky to have take part in the invitational, I guess he had a point, I don't even remember if I know who is Yakushi's catcher, and there's only so much Sanada and Raichi, and Mishima too I guess, can do by themselves. Raichi is really cool though, he has almost the same energy as Sawamura. xD

But welp. I love the dynamic between Mei and Itsuki, and though I'm not emotionally invested in the rest of the team, I'm still glad that they are back to fight. But this is already the last year for quite a few of known characters and there is no way for everyone to win, I guess I must prepare myself. I'm a bit disappointed though, I was hoping for a longer match, but the preview was pretty much about Seidou, this one is already going to end. Welp, this is the problem with expectations, still loved the episode though.
May 14, 2019 9:45 PM

May 2011
Not as exciting as I thought it would be. I guess the point is really to only show how strong they've become. Todoroki got really overpowered by Mei. The episode is still good though.

From the preview, seems like the next episode will be fun! Showing them being the seniors, with the juniors going through what they had went through before haha. I will look forward to some nostalgia!
May 15, 2019 2:03 AM

Oct 2017
Fayrin said:
I loved to see Sanada's lower body, I mean, Sanada himself, being acknowledged and shining like that. He is between my favorites, and so is Mei to be honest, and he was able to hold down a team like Inashiro like that at first. But unfortunately, or fortunately, Inashiro seems to be making their comeback here.

Mei is the King, and even though I don't like the way he looked down at Yakushi, saying they were lucky to have take part in the invitational, I guess he had a point, I don't even remember if I know who is Yakushi's catcher, and there's only so much Sanada and Raichi, and Mishima too I guess, can do by themselves. Raichi is really cool though, he has almost the same energy as Sawamura. xD

But welp. I love the dynamic between Mei and Itsuki, and though I'm not emotionally invested in the rest of the team, I'm still glad that they are back to fight. But this is already the last year for quite a few of known characters and there is no way for everyone to win, I guess I must prepare myself. I'm a bit disappointed though, I was hoping for a longer match, but the preview was pretty much about Seidou, this one is already going to end. Welp, this is the problem with expectations, still loved the episode though.

Well if you look at Inashiro line-up we know Mei, Itsuki, Carlos, Shirakawa and Yamaoka. From first years we've already met Shijni Akamatsu (he was even in previous season) + from already retired senpais there was Masa-san (catcher) and tricky player Tsubasa Hirai. If you look at names I don't think that Terajima sensei made any other team that big. Inashiro is without doubt second most known team after Seido in terms of number of players that we know per name and that we can recognize their look.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 15, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2014
I see Mei is still in his groove. What looked like an easy going for Yakushi soon became land-locked and then Inashiro just rained down on them. The game isn't yet over and I hope Yakushi and Raichi find a way back somehow.
May 15, 2019 2:42 PM

Dec 2016
I'm wrong or they have adapted four chapters in one episode? Great
May 15, 2019 9:55 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, narumiya walking away calmly even before the ball landed.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 16, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
So many stills this episode!
May 19, 2019 11:31 PM

Oct 2017
watching Narumiya vs Todoroki again was fun .Too bad for todoroki Narumiya got him .
May 24, 2019 3:15 AM

Mar 2009
Mei was pretty badass this episode.
That reporter needs to chill!
Dec 18, 2019 5:20 PM

Sep 2018
I hate that attitude of Mei, (always look down to his opponent) when he says the opponent team is not strong enough for Koshien, it seems saying Inashirou is the only one can compete in Koshien! So many good team, even the new team can compete in big competition! Not just luck but because they train hard!

Tadano is so nice, I feel bad for him, Mei is cocky and spoiled brat!

He's saying his the king but can't defeat Hongou! Defeat him first before proclaiming yourself as a king!
Apr 7, 2020 10:08 AM

Dec 2019
Damn Yakushi was completely shut down, Inashiro looking strong as always i wonder if we will get that hype match like season 2 ooff...
                                                         🖤   

Nov 3, 2021 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
Now that Mei's confidence is back and he has improved, I can't wait for the rematch against Seidou one day. Still the current match isn't over yet where I hope to see Raichi with a good hit.

Dec 21, 2022 11:51 PM

Oct 2015
F- I knew it. I hate this. I hate how Inashiro is being shoved down my throat. I wanted to see Raichi shine against Mei! T__ _T

Aside from Itsuki, I dislike everyone in Inashiro including that first year lol. Sometimes I do like Mei tho. I like how spoiled he is. Just sometimes! XD
   HuaLian <3
Jul 18, 2023 4:28 PM

Aug 2019

This is really interesting because these are two powerhouses going against each other really early in the tournament. 

Also, the one player needs to stop copying Raichi’s laugh, there can only be one.

“I’m the king” okay there

Oh flashbacks incoming, we know what’s gonna happen now.

This is new, before, the journalists were just standing around or sitting somewhere, but now they have press boxes. 

I feel bad for Raichi and Sanada.

And the power of the flashbacks is back.
Jul 20, 2023 6:13 PM
May 2020
It was a good match up of two of the best rival teams, but now I really want to see Riachi be an actual rival for Mei instead of being totally defeated by him.
Aug 14, 2023 6:10 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn, Mei is back. Looks like that catcher isn’t pulling him down anymore!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.