Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 13, 2019 1:56 PM
Mar 2019
Clefairiess said:
when we'll get to see Annie...

I mean you kinda just got to granted in a flashback but you still did
May 13, 2019 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
nanidatosama97 said:
Clefairiess said:
when we'll get to see Annie...

I mean in recent events.. it's been a while really. I almost forgot she exists :x I still don't know her goal and it's been like 5 years since season 1. I don't read the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2019 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
Can we just release the soundtrack already? It's so good
May 13, 2019 5:08 PM
Mar 2018
I shall never get why people hate CGI. It looks really awesome, hand drawn doesn’t mean it’s any better lmao. The colossal titan doesn’t look anywhere near like in AOT games or VAR
May 13, 2019 5:16 PM
Mar 2019
Gloomy-eyes said:
I shall never get why people hate CGI. It looks really awesome, hand drawn doesn’t mean it’s any better lmao. The colossal titan doesn’t look anywhere near like in AOT games or VAR

VAR?

And I quite like how he looks in AOT 2, much better than the AOT 1 game design
May 13, 2019 5:27 PM
Mar 2018
nanidatosama97 said:
Gloomy-eyes said:

VAR?

And I quite like how he looks in AOT 2, much better than the AOT 1 game design
I mean any of those alike virtual augmented reality designs
Gloomy-eyesMay 14, 2019 1:58 AM
May 13, 2019 5:33 PM

Oct 2013
Gloomy-eyes said:

I guess those kind of people dislike CGI as a whole because they saw before many CGI creations in anime that represented poor quality, looked odd and generally added more worse than better to the show.

Personally, I don't care if it's CGI or hand drawn as long as it looks good and consistent. Sure, I do prefer hand drawn technique, but some particular elements might look better as CGI. On the contrary, while CGI has many positives, I don't see a problem of supporting CGI models with hand drawn backgrounds or something.

I think finding a golden point is the key to success. Let's look at Colossal Titan mentioned by you before. While everything in the anime that was non-CGI looked great, Colossal Titan put as 3D object not only had nor problems in fitting the whole artstyle, but by using many techniques characteristic for CGI the creators could make some awesome effects. Of course, they could've done it without CGI as well, but I guess it would take more time and work, plus CGI model can be reused, i.e. in next episodes.

I'm not an expert of CGI or animation though. What I wrote above are just my feelings and observations on that topic.
May 13, 2019 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
Que the "Marco is half the man he used to be" jokes again. I know what's coming and I am equally parts hyped and sad.
I feel so bad for Reiner, Bertholt, and Annie. I have never looked at them as the "bad guys" just people brought up differently and put in a shit situation.
May 13, 2019 5:55 PM

Jan 2009
Nim0174 said:

deg said:

Kabaneri movie is like 3 episodes of TV anime though so they can give a lot of time for the animators to make things awesome with that kind of short anime compared to even a 13 episodes TV anime

still those 60 minutes took more resources than 60 minutes of AOT
instead they could have done a shit Kabaneri Movie because no one cares about Kabaneri and just redistribute the resources to AOT

even if that is true, the thing is Kabeneri is an original anime by Wit studio and anime studios greatly profit more from original anime works since they are very high on the list of companies consisting of the production committee (the owners of any anime, and higher ranking means more profit share)

EDIT:

and i googled some article i read in the past and

anime movies tend to have a production time of 3 years or more
source
Anime productions are generally pretty infamous for not sticking to schedule, so how have you managed to consistently finish a film every three years?
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2018-11-28/mirai-director-mamoru-hosoda/.139998
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28623/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri Premiered: Spring 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34544/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri_Movie_3__Unato_Kessen Aired: May 10, 2019

as for TV series its the same averaging 3 years of total production
source https://twitter.com/PAWORKS_eng/status/1116720485113290752

so as you can see movies have more time given to the animators due to movies short length overall
degMay 13, 2019 6:22 PM
May 13, 2019 6:54 PM

Apr 2019
deg said:
Nim0174 said:

still those 60 minutes took more resources than 60 minutes of AOT
instead they could have done a shit Kabaneri Movie because no one cares about Kabaneri and just redistribute the resources to AOT

even if that is true, the thing is Kabeneri is an original anime by Wit studio and anime studios greatly profit more from original anime works since they are very high on the list of companies consisting of the production committee (the owners of any anime, and higher ranking means more profit share)

EDIT:

source
Anime productions are generally pretty infamous for not sticking to schedule, so how have you managed to consistently finish a film every three years?
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2018-11-28/mirai-director-mamoru-hosoda/.139998
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28623/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri Premiered: Spring 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34544/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri_Movie_3__Unato_Kessen Aired: May 10, 2019

so as you can see movies have more time given to the animators due to movies short length overall

time is also a resource so i don't get the point ur trying to make

didn't know kabaneri was an original, interesting! makes sense they would prioritize that then
You son of a .. turtle

May 13, 2019 7:01 PM

Jan 2009
Nim0174 said:
deg said:

EDIT:

source

didn't know kabaneri was an original, interesting! makes sense they would prioritize that then

i mean the Kabaneri movie is split into 3 episodes (TV episode length) and they do it in 3 years time while a TV series that is at least 1-cour (13 episodes) like PA Works does is also done in 3 years time, so with that it obvious that the animators of Kabaneri movie have more time to animate things good
May 13, 2019 7:40 PM
Oct 2018
amazing episode, one of the bests of all seasons, really really loved it.
season 3 part 1 wasn't bad at all, but season 3 part 2 is totally a masterpiece
May 13, 2019 8:36 PM
Apr 2017
keragamming said:
0217 said:
They're really dragging these episodes out. This must have been the slowest-paced SnK episode yet. With pacing like this, it hardly feels like a battle is really taking place.

This episode simple feels slow because it so happen that the two chapters it adapted were mostly buildup, they are not dragging it out at all. The only other option is to cut out some of the scenes, but why would anyone want that?

I think you're really agreeing with me. What works for manga doesn't necessarily work for anime episodes.
May 13, 2019 9:43 PM

Dec 2017
0217 said:
keragamming said:

This episode simple feels slow because it so happen that the two chapters it adapted were mostly buildup, they are not dragging it out at all. The only other option is to cut out some of the scenes, but why would anyone want that?

I think you're really agreeing with me. What works for manga doesn't necessarily work for anime episodes.
If you mean they should have cut out some scenes, then, no. Every detail in this series seems to be important; dialogues and scenes sometimes contain some foreshadowing once you rewatch the show. So, some cut out parts might create a missing link.

I just don't want another half-assed adaptation like Tokyo Ghoul to repeat.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 13, 2019 10:10 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode. We know how Marco died in S1.

Can't wait for Bertolt vs Eren.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 13, 2019 11:31 PM

Apr 2018
I'm loving the episodes so far! I saw Marco's death in the manga; to see this in anime really breaks my heart.
May 13, 2019 11:36 PM

May 2017
Holy hell Season 3 is so good. For me every Episode is like 5/5. Really hyped for the next episode.
May 14, 2019 12:07 AM
Jan 2018
deg said:
Nim0174 said:

i mean the Kabaneri movie is split into 3 episodes (TV episode length) and they do it in 3 years time while a TV series that is at least 1-cour (13 episodes) like PA Works does is also done in 3 years time, so with that it obvious that the animators of Kabaneri movie have more time to animate things good

Don't know what people expect . 6 months is hardly enough time . How much do you think it took for production with the storyboards etc

I'm just guessing but did they start actually making the epiosdes 3 or 2 months before air
May 14, 2019 12:19 AM

Jan 2009
Mattinator95 said:
deg said:

Don't know what people expect . 6 months is hardly enough time . How much do you think it took for production with the storyboards etc

I'm just guessing but did they start actually making the epiosdes 3 or 2 months before air

we will never know, unless some staff of it expose it to the public, but Attack on Titan is known for its bad and tight production schedule and only the talented staff of it is making it look good if not great

May 14, 2019 1:06 AM

Aug 2012
Clefairiess said:
nanidatosama97 said:

I mean in recent events.. it's been a while really. I almost forgot she exists :x I still don't know her goal and it's been like 5 years since season 1. I don't read the manga.

in the manga annie is still inside the crystal. not even manga readers know
May 14, 2019 5:42 AM

Feb 2019
Lit.
This episode is lit.
Idk a shit 'bout animation but I can understand this is way better than OPM S2 and I am grateful.

Oh, I'm worried 'bout Hange. She is my favourite girl. I hope nothing happens to her squad. Please don't. And huh Reiner, why are you always alive?! You let Marco to be killed and you are like why was he getting eaten?! Poor Marco.
But man, Berthdolt owned this ep. He becoming mentally strong was great but not now, berthdolt not now ;/
Please be next week already.
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

May 14, 2019 5:57 AM
Mar 2019
wow this is very worrying, so those who survived the explosion of Armin, Eren, Mikasa, Jean, Connie and Sasha, I wondered how they killed Bertholdt in the form of his colossal Titan, he was very strong and unapproachable, and the Titan Beast seemed to be attacking soon , can't wait to see Levi in ​​action duel with Titan Beast, and also Erwin seems to be in action next week with Sasageyo
May 14, 2019 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
i dont know what the hell is with that horse charge in the preview of the next episode. Dont tell me they're all gonna go on a suicidal charge like the 600 that rode into the mouth of death.
May 14, 2019 6:10 AM

Oct 2013
ABDoesThings said:
i dont know what the hell is with that horse charge in the preview of the next episode. Dont tell me they're all gonna go on a suicidal charge like the 600 that rode into the mouth of death.

Aye, it looked like famous charge from 1854 for me as well. While it looked epic, it was risky enough (mostly for horses that are so precious in this mission) to be called as suicidal mission. "It is magnificent, but it is not war" quote applies here as well. We will see what is gonna be Erwin's true plan and how it will work. I'm skeptical though.
May 14, 2019 6:11 AM
Apr 2019
ABDoesThings said:

oh boy i can only say - YES
May 14, 2019 7:32 AM
Oct 2007
This episode felt especially so short!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2019 7:34 AM
May 2017
operationvalkyri said:
I feel like there should be two separate discussion threads at this point: one for manga readers and another for anime-onlys. I got spoiled a heck of a lot of times in this thread alone and that's not OK. And yes I count "you think this is bad, wait till the next episode" as a spoiler also because it is. Why would you guys ruin this for the rest of us?

I guess this is the cruel world Bert was talking about. I swear I am gonna exterminate every last one of them, those spoiler people!
amgadozMay 14, 2019 7:47 AM
May 14, 2019 7:43 AM
Mar 2018
Funseco said:
Clefairiess said:

DUDE. Please tag manga stuff as spoiler with
[spoiler]SPOILER[/spoiler]
May 14, 2019 8:01 AM

Feb 2008
This thread seriously needs some spoiler cleaning work to do. I have to agree with someone up there: manga readers need a separate thread because they can't hold themselves. Some can, though

So far, I have seen Bertholt transform three times.

First episode of the entire series: a thunder struck transformation, apparently absorbed by the walls. Second season, when they get busted, almost no one died when he transformed. Third season, a nuclear bomb transformation, killing off at least 4-5 people.

Inconsistency? Or is it an ability of the colossal titan?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
May 14, 2019 8:35 AM
Mar 2019
zeroj said:
This thread seriously needs some spoiler cleaning work to do. I have to agree with someone up there: manga readers need a separate thread because they can't hold themselves. Some can, though

First episode of the entire series: a thunder struck transformation, apparently absorbed by the walls. Second season, when they get busted, almost no one died when he transformed. Third season, a nuclear bomb transformation, killing off at least 4-5 people.

Its not so much of an inconsistency, but rather wit trying to stay true to Isayamas ever changing (and vastly improving) manga art style. The nuke was in the manga as well, also, there was no confirmation or denial of any deaths of the explosion yet
nanidatosama97May 14, 2019 8:40 AM
May 14, 2019 9:05 AM

Nov 2017
Awesome episode! Very interesting we now get another piece of the puzzle about reiner and berthold's mission and background. I wish they'd shown the full uncensored footage of Marco being eaten. Dont get me wrong!! Just... to make it more realistic and cruel. As Mikasa and now Bertholdt once said, it's a cruel world.
Armin making some major points aswell this episode.
Bertholdt's hidden combat skills revealed. He almost rekt Mikasa.. wow
I love Bertholdt so much, especially this episode. I might be lowkey #TeamBertholdt

Some amazing shots right here:

plz @ me
May 14, 2019 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
did i really just saw a complaint about FREAKING MUSIC in this thread? what does it mean, “it doesn’t fit the moment”? i—
May 14, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2016
Was pretty good!!
May 14, 2019 9:54 AM
May 2012
024 said:
Awesome episode! Very interesting we now get another piece of the puzzle about reiner and berthold's mission and background. I wish they'd shown the full uncensored footage of Marco being eaten. Dont get me wrong!! Just... to make it more realistic and cruel. As Mikasa and now Bertholdt once said, it's a cruel world.
Armin making some major points aswell this episode.
Bertholdt's hidden combat skills revealed. He almost rekt Mikasa.. wow
I love Bertholdt so much, especially this episode. I might be lowkey #TeamBertholdt

Some amazing shots right here:

Noice.
CGI ain't that bad. Give these guys a break. They are doing their best.
Hyped for the next episode. Been a while.
May 14, 2019 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
Levj said:

I know how to use the spoiler. I didnt use because its not a spoiler. Nothing happens is not a spoiler. Literally nothing happens
May 14, 2019 11:49 AM

Apr 2019
Funseco said:
Levj said:

I know how to use the spoiler. I didnt use because its not a spoiler. Nothing happens is not a spoiler. Literally nothing happens

You are wrong
You son of a .. turtle

May 14, 2019 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum shit bout to go downnnn
May 14, 2019 1:06 PM
Apr 2019
zeroj said:

Its because he falling down from really high place, just like the name of the episode 'descent'
May 14, 2019 4:00 PM
Jun 2017
mizuharaaya said:
zeroj said:

Its because he falling down from really high place, just like the name of the episode 'descent'

don't forget in season 2 it was just half his body unlike this time.
May 14, 2019 5:06 PM
Jun 2017
one of the best two animators in anime industry are working on episode 17 of season 3,I'm so hyped.
May 14, 2019 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
mizuharaaya said:
zeroj said:

Plot holes lol. who tf cares about those tho lol, I just love that the colossal can just obliterate an entire vicinity.
May 14, 2019 8:46 PM
Apr 2008
I'm super shocked, even now, at Marina Inoue's range.

Still impossible for me to believe that Yoko is Armin. Great voice transformation.
May 14, 2019 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
That scene with Marco gave me chills. Poor thing. I think they showed it before, if I'm not mistaken but still seeing it again made my stomach turn. I felt so sorry for him.

I'm excited for the next episode. I think I have a fair idea how this season will end.
臭い-
May 14, 2019 11:57 PM

Nov 2012
Why are they relying on the beta Armin? Can he just get eaten already? Tired of seeing him.
May 15, 2019 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
okay this is it!
This episode finally reached the part of the Manga that i stopped reading!
from this point-on I don't know that's next! not even a hint! therefore i'm now gonna stop reading discussions because MAL people are full of spoilerish bastards.

May 15, 2019 2:05 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was amazing.. I loved it so much. I am really scared about Hange, though. I hope that she is OK and hasn't died.
May 15, 2019 4:13 AM
Mar 2019
Anime-is-King said:
Why are they relying on the beta Armin? Can he just get eaten already? Tired of seeing him.

...? Why the hate on Armin? I dont get it, hes evolved a lot out of the trio compared to Mikasa and Eren at this point, and hes even the one who discovered Reiner was inside the walls. They would of been screwed on that part without him cause even erwin was kinda shocked at the suggestion to search inside the walls.
May 15, 2019 4:42 AM
Jan 2018
nanidatosama97 said:
Anime-is-King said:

...? Why the hate on Armin? I dont get it, hes evolved a lot out of the trio compared to Mikasa and Eren at this point, and hes even the one who discovered Reiner was inside the walls. They would of been screwed on that part without him cause even erwin was kinda shocked at the suggestion to search inside the walls.

He also figured out that the collosal Titan was in the barrel.
May 15, 2019 4:45 AM
Jan 2018
zeroj said:

I think he can choice when transforming
May 15, 2019 5:02 AM
Mar 2019
Mattinator95 said:
zeroj said:

I think he can choice when transforming
maybe it's the ability of other colossal titan,
1. bert can emit a lot of smoke and knock off any objects that try to approach it (used in season 2)
2. bert can blow up the area where he is, when he wants to transform (used in this episode)
just like Titan Armor and Titan Eren, it seems that each Titan Shifler has some unique abilities, while the Titan Beast I want to immediately see, what abilities he has, will it be more shocking than what I've seen now
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.