Forum Settings
Forums

More Cast Announced for 'Kochuoki: Wakaki Nobunaga' TV Anime

New
May 12, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2013
The official website for Studio Deen's Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga announced ten more cast members, in addition to theme song performers and the second promotional video on Sunday.

Cast
Oda Nobuhide: Taiten Kusunoki (Drifters)
Shibata Katsuie: Hidenari Ugaki (Gintama)
Hirate Masahide: Mugihito (Dororo)
Hayashi Hidesada: Kenichirou Matsuda (Clockwork Planet)
Hayashi Michitomo: Kousuke Toriumi (Hakuouki)
Sakuma Nobumori: Ryouhei Kimura (Nobunaga Concerto)
Sakuma Morishige: Atsushi Tamaru (Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru)
Oda Hidetaka: Ayumu Murase (Haikyuu!!)
Dota Gozen: Masako Katsuki (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu)
Saitou Dousan: Tessyo Genda (3-gatsu no Lion)

The promotional video below previews the opening song "Shissou" and the ending song "Kiba to Tsubasa" performed by Rib and May'n, respectively.

PV 2

Noriyuki Abe (Yuu☆Yuu☆Hakusho) will direct the original anime that will boldly and aesthetically adapt the life of Oda Nobunaga in his teens up to his time as warlord. The series will air in Summer 2019 on Tokyo MX, AT-X, WOWOW, and BS Fuji. dAnime Store will stream the show online.

Source: Comic Natalie
NaruleachMay 12, 2019 3:00 PM
May 12, 2019 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
What is this, another bishounen and yaoi bait series?
May 12, 2019 2:48 PM
May 2007
I'm hyped. I can't believe my eyes, Deen is delivering such beautiful quality. Rib for OP omg I missed him. Either my eyes are playing tricks or I'm seeing many forms of Nobunaga. Why so gorgeous.
May 12, 2019 11:59 PM
May 13, 2019 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
Klad said:
What is this, another bishounen and yaoi bait series?

Someone needs to read about IRL Nobunaga's sex escapades.

May 13, 2019 6:13 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Who gives a shit how the characters look as long as the story and characters are good.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 13, 2019 4:56 PM

Jun 2014
If this has an all-male cast, I'll definitely check it out sometime.

May 14, 2019 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:

VA Yumiri Hanamori will play the female character Kichou who is the daughter of Saitou Dousan—a character announced in this thread. So no, it does not look like this anime will feature an all-male cast. However, it is clear that male characters are certainly an abundance and the anime will have underlying otome themes.

Edit: grammar, clarification
removed-userMay 14, 2019 1:37 PM
May 14, 2019 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
changelog said:
Seiya said:

Female VA Yumiri Hanamori will play the character of Kicho—the daughter of Saitou Dousan—a character announced in this thread. So no, it does not look like this anime will feature an all-male cast. However, it is clear that male characters are certainly an abundance.

Wait, is this that reverse harem "otome" shit?

Forget it, I'm not watching it.

May 14, 2019 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
changelog said:

Female VA Yumiri Hanamori will play the character of Kicho—the daughter of Saitou Dousan—a character announced in this thread. So no, it does not look like this anime will feature an all-male cast. However, it is clear that male characters are certainly an abundance.

The anime's abundance of shoujo-style male characters and lack of females certainly suggests that there are underlying otome themes. However, this anime covers the life of Oda Nobunaga, a Japanese warlord, and therefore caters to a more general audience. Even with all this said females are probably going to be the majority of viewers.
removed-userMay 14, 2019 1:38 PM
May 14, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
changelog said:
Seiya said:

Seiya said:

The anime's abundance of shoujo-style male characters and lack of females certainly suggests that there are underlying otome themes. However, this anime covers the life of Oda Nobunaga, a Japanese warlord, and therefore caters to a more general audience. Even with all this said females are probably going to be the majority of viewers.

I liked "Bakumatsu," because there was no female protagonist, but if the female character in this Anime is a "protagonist," and is always in the picture, and the male characters show romantic interest in her, then I will not watch it.

May 14, 2019 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
changelog said:

I liked "Bakumatsu," because there was no female protagonist, but if the female character in this Anime is a "protagonist," and is always in the picture, and the male characters show romantic interest in her, then I will not watch it.

We can't tell for sure that she will be a frequently appearing character just now, so the only way to tell is once the first episode releases. But one female character and dozens of half-naked male characters does not exactly scream shounen does it.
May 14, 2019 1:46 PM

Jun 2014
changelog said:
Seiya said:

We can't tell for sure that she will be a frequently appearing character just now, so the only way to tell is once the first episode releases. But one female character and dozens of half-naked male characters does not exactly scream shounen does it.

True, but there were no female protagonists in Bakumatsu, even though the game its based on has one, but she was omitted in the Anime adaptation.

You know that I like Anime guys, right?

May 14, 2019 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
changelog said:

True, but there were no female protagonists in Bakumatsu, even though the game its based on has one, but she was omitted in the Anime adaptation.

Oh then this anime might be just right for you, provided that the female character does not become a romantic interest. To be honest I think she will be used as a 'damsel in distress' at some point.
May 14, 2019 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
changelog said:
Seiya said:

Oh then this anime might be just right for you, provided that the female character does not become a romantic interest. To be honest I think she will be used as a 'damsel in distress' at some point.

Oh, that's too bad.

It kinda sucks there aren't many Anime full of hot guys that are actually aimed towards guys. I'm never the "target demographic" of anything I like. :(

May 29, 2019 2:17 AM

Nov 2007
New key visual
Airing on Mondays at 21:30 (9:30 p.m.) via AT-X, followed by Tokyo MX, BS Fuji, and WOWOW starting July 8.
First 3 eps. pre-screening event on June 23
https://moca-news.net/article/20190529/2019052918000c_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 29, 2019 6:11 PM
May 2007
The new key is so beautiful I could cry. Nobunaga is still hotter and prettier than everyone else. I hope his damaged armor isn't a reflection of his life hardships or something. I won't handle.
Jun 24, 2019 6:40 AM

Nov 2007
Manga adaptation via comico starting August 6
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/336958
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.