Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 29, 2019 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
So currently the manga is on chapter 116 and close to wrapping things up. This first episode is around chapter 74. I've heard about Wit studio like how they're understaffed, some other complications here and there and, since they seem to be working hard on this series since last year, can we expect anything after the conclusion of this second cour?
removed-userApr 29, 2019 5:04 PM
Apr 29, 2019 6:15 PM
Mar 2019
Nope, AOT is Wit Studios baby and is what got them off the ground with millions upon billions of yen success in Japan, if anything, it would be quite stupid NOT to adapt the entire manga. They've seemed very determined to do so in the past, and they seem to love the series just as much as the fans.
Apr 29, 2019 7:51 PM

Aug 2012
They already stated and multiple producers want to adapt the whole manga
Apr 30, 2019 5:15 AM

Apr 2015
nanidatosama97 said:
Nope, AOT is Wit Studios baby and is what got them off the ground with millions upon billions of yen success in Japan, if anything, it would be quite stupid NOT to adapt the entire manga. They've seemed very determined to do so in the past, and they seem to love the series just as much as the fans.

Aight calm down there. They are in the committee yes but their share is so incredibly small that "millions upon billions of yen" is stretching it really hard.
Apr 30, 2019 5:18 AM
Mar 2019
Fappa said:
nanidatosama97 said:

Aight calm down there. They are in the committee yes but their share is so incredibly small that "millions upon billions of yen" is stretching it really hard.

Nah, the anime was a big hit when it first launched. It did sell at least millions of yen for the first season, no denying that at least. Considering how popular the manga itself is in japan (with 80 million copies sold), its not too much of a stretch honestly. Billions? Yeah a bit of an exaggeration, but millions? That is within the realm of possibility of what WIT made from the AOT animes first season. 10 million sold worldwide for a total of 90million, so pretty much all sales have been in japan.
Apr 30, 2019 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
im sure the production committee (the owners of any anime) will milk this cash cow dry until the manga story is finished

nanidatosama97 said:
Fappa said:

Nah, the anime was a big hit when it first launched. It did sell at least millions of yen for the first season, no denying that at least. Considering how popular the manga itself is in japan (with 80 million copies sold), its not too much of a stretch honestly. Billions? Yeah a bit of an exaggeration, but millions? That is within the realm of possibility of what WIT made from the AOT animes first season. 10 million sold worldwide for a total of 90million, so pretty much all sales have been in japan.

the point is Wit Studio does not get a huge cut of that profit since they are only rank so low on the production committee (the real owners of any anime and high rank on the production committee means higher profit share)
Apr 30, 2019 5:28 AM
Mar 2019
@deg

Yeah, you're right on that, but they are definitely going to continue adapting the manga all the way until its done. (The manga is ending in like 1 or 2 more years so only like one season left of AOT anime content RIP)
May 5, 2019 10:20 PM
Jun 2015
nanidatosama97 said:
Fappa said:

Dude yen works differently than most western currency systems. It is essentially counted in cents so basically ¥100(yen) is $1(usd) and ¥1billion(yen) is essentially just shy of $10 million(usd) which probably isn't even enough to fund a full season of this show hence further proof that this is a multi billion yen IP.
May 5, 2019 10:53 PM
Mar 2019
Dmitrihonev said:
So currently the manga is on chapter 116 and close to wrapping things up. This first episode is around chapter 74. I've heard about Wit studio like how they're understaffed, some other complications here and there and, since they seem to be working hard on this series since last year, can we expect anything after the conclusion of this second cour?
I don't know but I'm worried if this will be the last season, I really like manga but the anime is much better and hype, if the manga isn't over maybe there will be hope, but if not it will probably suffer the same fate as the NISEKOI anime
May 6, 2019 12:52 AM

Jul 2015
The manga has sold nearly 90 million copies in Japan itself so obviously it will receive more seasons.If WIT doesn't take it up another studio will be happy to take it up.

Though WIT won't leave it.Especially the anime is highly popular in Japan.

May 6, 2019 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
As much as I despise the direction the manga takes after this arc, it IS one of the most popular titles in Japan and it's close to ending. I doubt this will be the final season.
Don't believe the hype.
May 6, 2019 2:15 AM

Jul 2012
Makes money -> Continue adaptation

And since SnK is literally printing money for them at this point, no its not the last adaptation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2019 3:33 AM

Mar 2018
As many people here already pointed out, the anime is a huge hit around the world and it is the flagship of WIT so if anything they will dump some other smaller projects so they can make SnK S04 happen. Also, the majority of studios are overworked and understaffed and it won't get better know that large international companies like Netflix are ordering animes and the exposure has grown. One can only hope that it means that more artists will be hired and the pay will go up.
May 6, 2019 3:54 AM
Jan 2019
i would highly doubt them giving up on the series after this, good thing too because snk becomes a masterpiece after this arc imo
May 6, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2018
DedPanda said:
As much as I despise the direction the manga takes after this arc, it IS one of the most popular titles in Japan and it's close to ending. I doubt this will be the final season.

sico_mode said:
i would highly doubt them giving up on the series after this, good thing too because snk becomes a masterpiece after this arc imo

There will always be two sides on this.....
May 6, 2019 8:56 AM

Oct 2017
They'll continue to adapt the manga, since this show will keep getting better. Especially the arc after this, I still think what Eren did was great and correct.
May 6, 2019 9:06 AM
Nov 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
They'll continue to adapt the manga, since this show will keep getting better. Especially the arc after this, I still think what Eren did was great and correct.

What was that he did, i don't mind spoilers.
May 6, 2019 9:10 AM

Jan 2009
LiedElfen said:
KatsutoSaki said:

May 6, 2019 10:15 AM
Apr 2019
I guess so. After what we saw the fight between eren and reiner, i guess that this arc is gonna get butchered with inconsistent animation, bad execution, poor use of osts etc. I didn't expect this from wit studio despite its production issues and all. Also, they get underpaid and overworked too so i guess no season 4 of shingeki no kyojin.
May 6, 2019 7:14 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
LiedElfen said:

LiedElfen said:
KatsutoSaki said:

May 7, 2019 1:52 AM
Nov 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
deg said:

LiedElfen said:

Thanks, i have not reached that part in the manga yet but it sounds like something fucked up, does Eren become evil later on?
May 7, 2019 3:32 AM

Oct 2017
LiedElfen said:
KatsutoSaki said:

Thanks, i have not reached that part in the manga yet but it sounds like something fucked up, does Eren become evil later on?

May 7, 2019 3:40 AM
Mar 2019
Titanslayer18 said:
I guess so. After what we saw the fight between eren and reiner, i guess that this arc is gonna get butchered with inconsistent animation, bad execution, poor use of osts etc. I didn't expect this from wit studio despite its production issues and all. Also, they get underpaid and overworked too so i guess no season 4 of shingeki no kyojin.

The animation isnt as bad as people here on mal are making it out to be really..It looks fine, certainly no OPM 2 repeat, the fight in episode 2 isnt even the main point of the arc so why waste animation budget on it when there are more important scenes and fights coming up?
nanidatosama97May 7, 2019 3:43 AM
May 7, 2019 5:37 AM

Apr 2015
nanidatosama97 said:

The animation isnt as bad as people here on mal are making it out to be really..It looks fine, certainly no OPM 2 repeat, the fight in episode 2 isnt even the main point of the arc so why waste animation budget on it when there are more important scenes and fights coming up?

The issue is a lot more widespread than "muh animation", it's just that many use that for the lack of a better word. I have found several issues with the visual presentation so far and it's all replicated on how the production is going behind the scenes.

I couldn't tell you how often I've heard the excuse of "they're just saving for later, bro" and while that's true to an extent in most productions it should never lead to clear struggle of production like it's been the case so far.

They're making due with the tiny amount of time and thin staff lineup that they have but it's clearly not working out as intended.

There is no shame in liking a show while also being able to admit to simple things like that instead of deflecting with all kinds of reacing arguments.
May 7, 2019 5:42 AM
Mar 2019
Fappa said:
nanidatosama97 said:

The issue is a lot more widespread than "muh animation", it's just that many use that for the lack of a better word. I have found several issues with the visual presentation so far and it's all replicated on how the production is going behind the scenes.

I couldn't tell you how often I've heard the excuse of "they're just saving for later, bro" and while that's true to an extent in most productions it should never lead to clear struggle of production like it's been the case so far.

They're making due with the tiny amount of time and thin staff lineup that they have but it's clearly not working out as intended.

There is no shame in liking a show while also being able to admit to simple things like that instead of deflecting with all kinds of reacing arguments.

I mean, ive admitted the opening looks a bit weird with the green tint, so its not like im constantly defending every single thing wit has done with this arc. Im just saying, while production errors may be present, I still think some people over exagerate how bad it really is, im really not trying to be a fanboy, but aside from the eren vs reiner fight, the episode looked like your good episode of AOT all around that youd find in other seasons/cours of AOT
nanidatosama97May 7, 2019 5:54 AM
May 12, 2019 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
Why do people still believe studios decide what to adapt? They dont have any rights for the material.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 12, 2019 3:33 PM
Mar 2019
Comander-07 said:
Why do people still believe studios decide what to adapt? They dont have any rights for the material.

We're not really deciding its just assumptions but knowing wit they'll get the rights for it like they always have.
May 12, 2019 3:42 PM

Sep 2014
nanidatosama97 said:
Comander-07 said:

We're not really deciding its just assumptions but knowing wit they'll get the rights for it like they always have.
you are talking so much nonsense its surprising people even respond to you.
May 12, 2019 3:44 PM
Mar 2019
Comander-07 said:
nanidatosama97 said:

Theres no need to be rude?
May 12, 2019 3:47 PM

Sep 2014
nanidatosama97 said:
Comander-07 said:

There is something about the way you write which makes it really hard to take you serious.
May 12, 2019 3:49 PM
Mar 2019
Comander-07 said:
nanidatosama97 said:

There is something about the way you write which makes it really hard to take you serious.

I mean sorry? Im just expressing my thoughts in each moment I have them, which I admit has not always been a good idea on my part cause I post some heat of the moment stuff which I regret later. But you know if my posts bother you you can just ignore them with my replies, its simple. But.. I dont think that how I think is a reason for people to not respond to me..):
nanidatosama97May 12, 2019 5:08 PM
May 12, 2019 6:34 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lol, there's no way in hell that its the last adaptation of it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 17, 2019 9:30 AM

Apr 2019
Comander-07 said:

1. Studios do decide what they want to adapt, based on potential profit
2. You are right they don't have any rights for the source material, thats axiomatic, UNTIL they buy the right to use it
3. Isayama has no reason to refuse since its profitable for him
4. Wit Studio has no reason NOT to do it since its profitable for them
5. Both Love Attack on Titan

End of the Story.
You son of a .. turtle

May 17, 2019 6:06 PM

Sep 2014
Nim0174 said:
Comander-07 said:

1. Studios do decide what they want to adapt, based on potential profit
2. You are right they don't have any rights for the source material, thats axiomatic, UNTIL they buy the right to use it
3. Isayama has no reason to refuse since its profitable for him
4. Wit Studio has no reason NOT to do it since its profitable for them
5. Both Love Attack on Titan

End of the Story.
Its not up to them to decide if a sequel will come as they dont own the brand

end of story
May 18, 2019 9:19 AM

Jan 2018
Why would they not continue making something that makes money for them?
May 18, 2019 9:40 AM

Jan 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/bq59jn/addressing_the_rumors_about_snks_future_and_wit/

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1129798867745034240?s=09
SoukaTheRealMay 18, 2019 10:37 AM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
May 18, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
nah definitely not. People are calling this season the endgame but its honestly more like things just open up after this season.
May 18, 2019 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
oguba said:
Why would they not continue making something that makes money for them?

Because it does not make as much money for them as people think it does, far from it actually.
Do you see them on the committee outside of the connection to IG? Nope, and there you have it.
Kabaneri nets them far more for years now so obviously you gotta shift your priorities especially when this production is slowly destroying you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.