Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2019 10:35 AM

Mar 2013
Publisher Kodansha announced on Friday the winners of its 43rd annual manga awards in each of three categories. Winners are listed in bold alongside other nominated works.

Shounen
5-toubun no Hanayome by Negi Haruba, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine
Fumetsu no Anata e by Yoshitoki Ooima, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine
Act-age by Tatsuya Matsuki and Shiro Usazaki, publishing in Weekly Shounen Jump
Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai by Ren Kawahara, publishing in Shounen Magazine Edge

Shoujo
Perfect World by Rie Aruga, publishing in Kiss
Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo by Rin Mikimoto, publishing in Bessatsu Friend
Nagi no Oitoma by Misato Konari, publishing in Elegance Eve
Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi by Robico, publishing in Dessert

General
Kinou Nani Tabeta? by Fumi Yoshinaga, publishing in Morning
Shouwa Tennou Monogatari by Kazutoshi Handou, Junichi Noujou, and Issei Eifuku, publishing in Big Comic Original
Blue Period by Tsubasa Yamaguchi, published in Afternoon
Watashitachi wa Douka shiteiru by Natsumi Ando, publishing in Be-Love

Special
Two manga series were specially awarded to commemorate Kodansha's 110th anniversary.

Shima Kousaku by Kenshi Hirokane, previously published in Morning, and is currently publishing in Evening
Hajime no Ippo by George Morikawa, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine

The selection committee of the 43rd Kodansha Manga Awards is composed of mangaka Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina), Tochi Ueyama (Cooking Papa), Oh! Great (Air Gear), Atsushi Kase (Chameleon), Yuuji Moritaka (Gurazeni), Waki Yamato (Haikara-san ga Tooru), and Akiko Higashimura (Kakukaku Shikajika)

Source: Comic Natalie

← Previous Year
May 10, 2019 10:57 AM

Nov 2017
Yay for 5-toubun and Midara na Ao-chan :D

plz @ me
May 10, 2019 11:27 AM

Apr 2019
I love 5-toubun no Hanayome. 😀
May 10, 2019 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Congrats to Yoshitoki Ooima's Fumetsu no Anata e
May 10, 2019 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Sakana-san said:
5-toubun no Hanayome by Negi Haruba, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine

May 10, 2019 12:54 PM

Jan 2015
5quin harem and perfect world... whoever chose these was on drugs
May 10, 2019 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
I'm pretty happy with Watashitachi wa Douka shiteiru winning an award. Chihayafuru is near it ends, it seems, so it'll be great if some other manga is able to fill the gaps.
May 10, 2019 1:58 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
no waifu no laifu

glad to always see this is the case
May 10, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2018
Yay, nice to see Hanayome there and I hope that it will come to do so.
May 10, 2019 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
I am super hurt for Boku to Kimi missing out on this. And to Perfect (-ly Stupid) World too. This is why shoujo/josei manga are looked down upon by fans of other demography for being drama-heavy and full of annoying characters. My consolation will be the nomination, I guess. :'(

Ah~ they look so happy and perfectly in sync (to others!) ❤

Anyways, the way things are right now, I will probably end up making Boku to Kimi as one of my all time Top 10 manga. Good thing is that it's licensed and simulpub'ed so more fans will have access to this incredibly fun and outrageously adorable manga.

As for the other winners, I was conflicted between 5-toubun and Fumetsu so I am actually happy that both got the awards and deservedly so!

MaahHeim said:
I'm pretty happy with Watashitachi wa Douka shiteiru winning an award. Chihayafuru is near it ends, it seems, so it'll be great if some other manga is able to fill the gaps.

If it wasn't clear, the one to win the award is 'Kinou Nani Tabeta?'. But getting a nomination was nice nevertheless.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 10, 2019 4:36 PM

May 2015
so you pick a mediocre harem over good underrated act age shame

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
May 10, 2019 5:02 PM

Nov 2007
TheGeniusBaka said:

Seriously, repeat that after you have read the later arcs because the contents covered in S1 are mediocre after all. It is the following arcs that made it what it is today: head and shoulders above any harem romcom manga in recent years.
Coronavirus.
May 10, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2015
shanimebib said:
TheGeniusBaka said:

Seriously, repeat that after you have read the later arcs because the contents covered in S1 are mediocre after all. It is the following arcs that made it what it is today: head and shoulders above any harem romcom manga in recent years.
really. I will try because a person said the same for watamote and it was true it becomes damn funnier afterwards.so will give this a shot too.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
May 10, 2019 5:31 PM

Feb 2018
TheGeniusBaka said:

Act-age is really underrated, great story and especially great artstyle.
May 10, 2019 7:33 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, 5-toubun is on fire! Great to see!
I’m not really well versed in the manga industry so I don’t know much about the others (and some that I haven’t even heard of).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 10, 2019 9:03 PM
Aug 2017
TheGeniusBaka said:

This is shounen catergory. If it was better and well received by the fans than others, it would have already made it. Also your act-age is published in a more popular magazine.
Give this mediocre a try. Of course it's not going to be as good as some of your mainstream shounen animes and mangas. But hey, shounen is not just about action, adventure and magic.
May 10, 2019 9:06 PM
Aug 2017
BestBoiEren said:
5quin harem and perfect world... whoever chose these was on drugs

Normie guy complained about other normies"s taste
May 10, 2019 9:25 PM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
I’m not really well versed in the manga industry so I don’t know much about the others (and some that I haven’t even heard of).

Most of the nominations are fantastic. You should really consider giving Fumetsu (so unique) and act-age (very well-written) tries from Shounen/Seinen list.

Nagi no Oitoma is quite phylosophical. Gozen 0-ji is worth a try for the art alone (and those chibi faces!) but not something spectacularly brilliant up until what I read but it's pretty good. The major plus point is Hinana. She is a pretty fun MC.

And Boku to Kimi. I should not get started on this! (I am a huge fan of Robico but she really outdid herself with this one). Boku to Kimi makes one fall in love with Azuma and Aizawa through their rather pointless conversations. And one is bound to like the side-characters. The serious Hamarin in particular is super adorable when she switches to embarrassed mode. And the laid-back Caffeine-kun is like ah~ this guy is so nice he really deserves a wonderful girlfriend!

Haven't read the other ones so can't speak for them.

nb. Avoid Perfect World.

Coronavirus.
May 10, 2019 9:45 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Most of the nominations are fantastic. You should really consider giving Fumetsu (so unique) and act-age (very well-written) tries from Shounen/Seinen list.

Nagi no Oitoma is quite phylosophical. Gozen 0-ji is worth a try for the art alone (and those chibi faces!) but not something spectacularly brilliant up until what I read but it's pretty good. The major plus point is Hinana. She is a pretty fun MC.

And Boku to Kimi. I should not get started on this! (I am a huge fan of Robico but she really outdid herself with this one). Boku to Kimi makes one fall in love with Azuma and Aizawa through their rather pointless conversations. And one is bound to like the side-characters. The serious Hamarin in particular is super adorable when she switches to embarrassed mode. And the laid-back Caffeine-kun is like ah~ this guy is so nice he really deserves a wonderful girlfriend!

Haven't read the other ones so can't speak for them.

nb. Avoid Perfect World.

Oh thanks for the detailed descriptions, I’ll give them a go when I get the time!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 11, 2019 12:13 AM

Feb 2013

OukaSS said:
TheGeniusBaka said:

This is shounen catergory. If it was better and well received by the fans than others, it would have already made it. Also your act-age is published in a more popular magazine.
Give this mediocre a try. Of course it's not going to be as good as some of your mainstream shounen animes and mangas. But hey, shounen is not just about action, adventure and magic.

Act-Age is on the category though. It's not chosen because Kodansha prioritize the works published by them most of the times.

Also, there's plenty of shounen which are big that don't enter on the action category, which includes gotoubun which is the biggest manga of wsm right now.
May 11, 2019 12:51 AM

Feb 2015
This will guarantee that 5-toubon will not end soon. Just Japs knows what sells well goddamnit.
May 11, 2019 1:28 AM

Nov 2007
_Ako_ said:
This will guarantee that 5-toubon will not end soon. Just Japs knows what sells well goddamnit.

Negi will probably end it while it is hot. He has shown countless times through this manga that he won't set up overused events nor hold back on the pacing. If anything, we are on board a fullspeed bullet train to the destination in comparison to say Bokuben (local tram that stops at every intersection) or KanoOka (carriage with a wheel about to come off).
Coronavirus.
May 11, 2019 2:21 AM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:
_Ako_ said:

Negi will probably end it while it is hot. He has shown countless times through this manga that he won't set up overused events nor hold back on the pacing. If anything, we are on board a fullspeed bullet train to the destination in comparison to say Bokuben (local tram that stops at every intersection) or KanoOka (carriage with a wheel about to come off).

we still have lot of mystery keep hinted. i doubt 5 toubun will end anytime soon. the whole rena shit still not resolved, they just started new year, new male seems have relation with quint father, father have mystery relationship with fuutarou father, fuutarou mother also mystery. seriously, it will already a magic to end next 5 volume. bokuben if anything that seems will conclude soon since most character struggle have been resolved even it MC (what left is only uruka, which more relation problem if anything than personal struggle, kurisu and asumi problem is resolved last 2 arc). kanokari, well, we don't talk about that.
KumaMay 11, 2019 2:25 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 11, 2019 5:17 AM

Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
I am super hurt for Boku to Kimi missing out on this. And to Perfect (-ly Stupid) World too. This is why shoujo/josei manga are looked down upon by fans of other demography for being drama-heavy and full of annoying characters. My consolation will be the nomination, I guess. :'(

Anyways, the way things are right now, I will probably end up making Boku to Kimi as one of my all time Top 10 manga. Good thing is that it's licensed and simulpub'ed so more fans will have access to this incredibly fun and outrageously adorable manga.

As for the other winners, I was conflicted between 5-toubun and Fumetsu so I am actually happy that both got the awards and deservedly so!

MaahHeim said:

If it wasn't clear, the one to win the award is 'Kinou Nani Tabeta?'. But getting a nomination was nice nevertheless.

Enough to pick people's interest you think? Hmmm
May 11, 2019 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
I'm really glad to see Fumetsu no Anata e on the list. Been enjoying the manga from start to the latest chapters. It's going to hit its 100th one soon since debuting.
May 11, 2019 9:47 AM
May 2016
shanimebib said:
I am super hurt for Boku to Kimi This is why shoujo/josei manga are looked down upon by fans of other demography for being drama-heavy and full of annoying characters.

That and the fact it’s uses all male characters are sex objects

024 said:
Yay for 5-toubun

Agree it’s good to see a good series win for a change
May 11, 2019 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
MaahHeim said:
shanimebib said:

Enough to pick people's interest you think? Hmmm

Cannot tell. It's difficult for manga published in josei magazines to pick up from nominations alone unless they actually win an award compared to manga published in shoujo magazines. They need to be extra special like Chihayafuru, DameKoi, Kuragehime or Koudai-ke to come to the spotlight.
Coronavirus.
May 11, 2019 3:33 PM

May 2015
OukaSS said:
TheGeniusBaka said:

I love harem manga even read 29 chapter of this before anime but seems so similar to other harem it was boring. bokuben is better that this

Best Shitty Reviews
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
May 11, 2019 7:21 PM
Aug 2015
TheGeniusBaka said:
OukaSS said:

I love harem manga even read 29 chapter of this before anime but seems so similar to other harem it was boring. bokuben is better that this

Just read more. You didn't reach to the best parts. Bokuben had a strong start but fall to most mainstream harem trope later.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 10 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.