Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 30, 2019 1:30 AM

May 2014
So, since demons gain energy by devouring humans, Nezuko might be weak for not having devoured any human before? that's the only reason I found to explain her comatose state.

Four chapters so far and I can say it's an ok serie I pretty enjoy. Aside from its productive values there's nothing so outstanding, but nothing bad actually, it's an average shounen with potential and a promising development. Tanjiro is fine as MC, at least he's not a screamer boy or a crybaby so he's pretty tolerable and relatable, and Nezuko is cute as fuck, I just hope for her to become an actual character and not a plot device or a damsel in distress.

Also, can we stop pretending a serie is a masterpiece just because its productive values? Controversies aside, Ufotable usually brings good animation qualities, not so perfect but good in general (I don't think it deserves so much unjustified love and hate), but that's not the only requirement to judge a serie IMO.

Apr 30, 2019 1:47 AM

Jan 2015
Rhapsody- said:
Also, can we stop pretending a serie is a masterpiece just because its productive values? Controversies aside, Ufotable usually brings good animation qualities, not so perfect but good in general (I don't think it deserves so much unjustified love and hate), but that's not the only requirement to judge a serie IMO.

Musaigen no Phantom World, Touken Ranbu, Tales of Zestiria and many others have the same production quality of Kimetsu no Yaiba, yet they are not considered masterpieces. So I think your point is not valid, ‘cause if an anime is all visuals but nothing more than that, it’s just trash for the mayority, even with pretty visuals. Kimetsu no Yaiba on the other side is appreciated by many. Soo, why is that?
XenocrisiApr 30, 2019 1:57 AM
Apr 30, 2019 3:10 AM

May 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Rhapsody- said:

Musaigen no Phantom World, Touken Ranbu, Tales of Zestiria and many others have the same production quality of Kimetsu no Yaiba, yet they are not considered masterpieces. So I think your point is not valid, ‘cause if an anime is all visuals but nothing more than that, it’s just trash for the mayority, even with pretty visuals. Kimetsu no Yaiba on the other side is appreciated by many. Soo, why is that?

Indeed, when a serie is bad as those you mentioned, people know it, but when the serie is not that bad or it's actually decent and has that gorgeous animation, a lot of people point it out as better that it actually is just because its productive values. That's my point.

Fate, Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Boku no Hero Academia, Violet Evergarden and now this, for example. I'm not saying they're bad (well, my opinion about Fate and Violet is another discussion topic), but people tend to overestimate them for those aspects. Just look at some posts in this thread calling the serie a masterpiece JUST BECAUSE it's produced by Ufotable = Godlike animation.
Rhapsody-Apr 30, 2019 3:21 AM
Apr 30, 2019 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
Rhapsody- said:
Xenocrisi said:

Indeed, when a serie is bad as those you mentioned, people know it, but when the serie is not that bad or it's actually decent and has that gorgeous animation, a lot of people point it out as better that it actually is just because its productive values. That's my point.

Fate, Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Boku no Hero Academia, Violet Evergarden and now this, for example. I'm not saying they're bad (well, my opinion about Fate and Violet is another discussion), but people tend to overestimate them for those aspects. Just look at some posts in this thread calling the serie a masterpiece JUST BECAUSE it's produced by Ufotable = Godlike animation.

That’s definitely true, visuals make KnY a whole lot better, but that’s the point I guess. Firstly, anime is about animation, so of course that’s the first thing people want to praise about. Secondly, this is a battle shounen, which means that most of the scenes are action ones, and of course if that’s one of the main points of the series, KnY appears more enjoyable. Honestly I agree with you, people overestimated this episode a lot IMO. I would have never expected a near 90% 5/5 of “loved it”, as I consider the first 14 chapters of the manga the worst ones. I’m not saying that this is bad by any means tho, as I’ve got to say, that Ufotable is truly doing an outstanding job with this one, and this is one of the rare cases when the anime is better than the manga (at least in my opinion). But well, if people are loving this series so much just let them be. Honestly I’m following KnY more for the plot and not for the visuals (I mean also lol but yeah) that’s why I said I would have never expected a 90%.
XenocrisiApr 30, 2019 3:34 AM
Apr 30, 2019 5:24 AM

Feb 2019
RayReynolds said:
annoying and screamer boy like Asta seeks revenge and starts training to be a brute man at the point of effort and pain.
nah, atleast my boy tanjirou does not yell "I want to become a magic king, Number 1 hero, Hokage and the pirate king" in every freaking arc.

Naruto stopped saying that in Shippuden, just to be worried about Sasuke lol
Apr 30, 2019 5:45 AM
Mar 2019
Just started this show. The animation is so clean and eyecatching.
The art and sound is perfect. Although it's started a bit weak for me, it's definitely got a lot better.

Apr 30, 2019 7:24 AM
Aug 2017
This Anime had a good chance of becoming a masterpiece! Easily the best new show this season!
Apr 30, 2019 12:16 PM

Feb 2013
Seeing how good the action is so early on gets me hyped af for the insane fights that are to come. Great episode and adaptation as always.
Apr 30, 2019 11:43 PM
Oct 2007
The fight in this episode gave me goosebumps! I can't wait to watch more!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2019 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode! I can't wait for the next one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2019 9:12 AM

Apr 2017
The animations are so good. As expected from ufotable. Looking forward to the rest of this show.
May 1, 2019 4:25 PM

Apr 2018
The Animation for his Water Slash is freaking amazing, it looks so damn nice and finally, his training paid off. I knew it that those kids were dead :( R.I.P
May 2, 2019 4:24 AM
Mar 2015
Oh man, the water slashes are artistic af. I love this show...
May 2, 2019 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
FIVE urt o Forve, cause I love this shit.
May 2, 2019 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
demon in his final moments is probably thinking "i messed up BAD"
May 2, 2019 4:58 PM
Dec 2017
ProxyLain said:
how did the "soul" of the two dead children appear pro tanjirou? And why only for him?
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head, and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
This anime is a disappointment, a bad written trash

ProxyLain said:
How did the "soul" appear?

Breh, it's a fantasy world filled with demons and Demon hunters, is it too much work for you to believe that spirits can exist in it as well?! Spirits are prominent in Japanese folklore as well, and so are demons. No shit the anime is gonna have both...

ProxyLain said:
and why only him?

Because the way the demon was talking about them made it seem that they were the last of Urokodaki's disciples to take the test, and the only one after them would be Tanjiro...

ProxyLain said:
and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.

And what about the Hunter's Exam from Hunter x Hunter eh? Y'know, the examination that can LITERALLY FUCKING KILL YOU if you're not well prepared. How is this any different...
May 2, 2019 7:38 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, the way he cuts by seeing "lines" reminds me of Tsukihime's MC Shiki...

LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 2, 2019 7:57 PM
Apr 2019
I can’t even describe how amazing this episode was. The action was superb and the animation was amazing. Can’t wait to see what happens next. You go tanjirou!
May 2, 2019 8:14 PM

Aug 2016
what a gruesome death for the girl

her arms and legs torn off, i didn't expect it to go that far.
May 2, 2019 9:40 PM

Feb 2019
poor kids; they were cursed without knowing it, all because someone wants revenge against the person who trained them. it's great that Tanjiro's found his footing & knows how to fight demons now.
May 3, 2019 12:10 AM

Oct 2008
Such awesomeness this episode it was another perfect creation!
So Sabito & Makomo were previous disciples of Urokodaki, too bad they didn't pass the Final Selection!
At least Tanjirou ended the cycle of continuous disciple murderer of that abomination ass creature! that creature's existence was purely revolting!
Wow so Tanjirou already able to manifest his katana-water-flow technique or something? lolz! i wanna see that water dragon from OP! it's gonna be hype!
5/5.

May 3, 2019 5:13 PM

Apr 2010
OOoooh boy looks like i've found myself a good anime :)
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
May 4, 2019 2:04 AM
May 2019
ProxyLain said:
how did the "soul" of the two dead children appear pro tanjirou? And why only for him?
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head, and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
ProxyLain said:

Why the souls appeared? Cause the manga is tagged supernatural
Why only Tanjirou? First, who knows if they also appear for Urokodaki and other ppl? And it's probably bcause Tanjirou is another one of Urokodaki's students.
Why didn't Urokodaki kill the demon? Bcause his job is to capture it for the sake of the final selection, not to kill.
And what's wrong with making the mountain a place for final selection? All those demon are trapped on the upper part, they can't go down and harm anyone.
Why testing in a place that has demons? Because they are to become demon hunters, not mere survivers. They hold there blades to go and kill, not only to defend themselves against demons. How can they beat stronger demons if they can't even deal with the weaklings?
May 5, 2019 2:33 AM
Jul 2017
Omg what a Tanjiro we see this episode. This anime is having a 10/10 art.
I hope this exciting trend will be in the rest of the story.
May 5, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2008
I guess this demon just wasn't handy enough.
May 5, 2019 6:45 PM
Feb 2009
awesome finally know what happened to Sabito and Makomo
May 6, 2019 9:10 AM

Jun 2017
It was nice to see that filthy demon getting decapitated. Looks like his training did him well and that he's going to avenge his master's other pupils.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 9, 2019 7:15 PM
Jan 2019
1. Tanjiro would have left his hair long. It looked more cool.
2. It was very sad to know that Sabito and Makomo had passed away 😞.
3. Are "wisteria" for demons as garlic is for vampires? xD.
4. 8:43 minutes. Are these girls the personification of Jing and Yang?
5. Did Tanjiro inherit Urokodaki's sword? Great!
6. 47 years? Assuming that Urukodaki hunted that demon at age 15, he would be around 63 or 64 years old 😯.
7. Damned demon! He devoured 50 children, among them 13 disciples of Urukodaki. I wonder why Urokodaki did not avenge his disciples.
8. The demon was right, the fox mask had nothing special (apparently).
9. Damn! If Tabito's sword had not been broken, at this point in history, it would be very strong.
10. Tanjiro has improved his abilities and abilities in an incredible way. The thread he perceives when fighting is proof of that. His training yielded great results 😀.
Also, I'm surprised by the hardness of his head 😅. I think that after this Tanjiro will easily approve the demon hunting test 💪.
11. I would have liked them to explain why Tanjiro's sword could acquire the technique of an element such as water.
Anyway, I loved this episode. I will not stop saying it, this anime is one of the great jewels of this season.
May 9, 2019 7:34 PM

Apr 2011
THAT WAS EPIC. Awesome animation, it's a shame OPM fell so hard on this!
May 9, 2019 7:55 PM
Oct 2012
WolfDFireLeo said:
1. Tanjiro would have left his hair long. It looked more cool.
2. It was very sad to know that Sabito and Makomo had passed away 😞.
3. Are "wisteria" for demons as garlic is for vampires? xD.
4. 8:43 minutes. Are these girls the personification of Jing and Yang?
5. Did Tanjiro inherit Urokodaki's sword? Great!
6. 47 years? Assuming that Urukodaki hunted that demon at age 15, he would be around 63 or 64 years old 😯.
7. Damned demon! He devoured 50 children, among them 13 disciples of Urukodaki. I wonder why Urokodaki did not avenge his disciples.
8. The demon was right, the fox mask had nothing special (apparently).
9. Damn! If Tabito's sword had not been broken, at this point in history, it would be very strong.
10. Tanjiro has improved his abilities and abilities in an incredible way. The thread he perceives when fighting is proof of that. His training yielded great results 😀.
Also, I'm surprised by the hardness of his head 😅. I think that after this Tanjiro will easily approve the demon hunting test 💪.
11. I would have liked them to explain why Tanjiro's sword could acquire the technique of an element such as water.
Anyway, I loved this episode. I will not stop saying it, this anime is one of the great jewels of this season.

It's not the element of water, it's just watery-sword style. not actual water/nobody gets wet. His sword flows like water if you know what I mean. It's like a form of 'martial art' for swords.
May 12, 2019 11:46 PM

May 2015
Ok you just can't introduce a cute loli in one episode and tell me she already passed away in the next one.
May 13, 2019 1:13 PM
Feb 2011
Really liked the pace of this episode. Personally I didnt feel like they rushed the training.
May 16, 2019 7:23 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I had my suspicions, they were dead after all, huh, and they even said that other children watch him all the time, I can't help but link his sense of smell to all of this. I guess that's going to be his thing maybe? He did also see his family after they were dead too.
I'm can't stress out enough how much I love this creepy demonic soundtrack that plays at every dangerous moment.
May 21, 2019 7:50 AM

Aug 2015
I didn't realize they died till I came here
did they just kill them offscreen or something I'm confused!
May 28, 2019 5:29 PM

Dec 2014
That water slash by Tanjiro is so cool and unique, oh man I'm enjoying this show. I wish I didn't start this show so early with so many episodes left to air. This is the type of show I would binge watch with ease
Jun 7, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2013
So, they were dead after all but Tanjirou avenged them!
Jun 11, 2019 7:10 AM

Jan 2011
mfw people seriously asking how Tanjirou can beat a demon that Sabito couldn't when the previous ep was him beating Sabito.
Jun 29, 2019 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
Taisho? Keio? 47 years ago? 14th Urokodaki disciple? I did a search, Keio is only approximately 4 years, from 1865 to 1868. Adding 47 gets us the current year of this episode: 1912 at the earliest of the four year range, which is right at the beginning of the Taisho era, or in between years 1913 and 1914 but not later than 1915, all within the Taisho era still. I realized Tanjirou keeps babbling about "Taisho secret" at the end, which I should have taken as a clue before. I can finally put the context to several things which has been puzzling me, firstly the electric poles in the town from the first episode, secondly what Giyu's letter was referring to Tanjirou's potential to break through (the curse of continuous dead disciples) and finally what Urokodaki said about not seeing children die anymore. At least, Sabito and Mokoma can finally rest in peace now...probably.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 12, 2019 4:31 AM
Apr 2019
I am actually starting to like this series and the ost reminded me of the ost of Nier.
Jul 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Feb 2017
Didn't expect Sabito and Makomo to be ghosts. It's sad that they didn't get to pass final selection.
Glad Tanjiro avenged them.
Jul 19, 2019 1:49 PM
Oct 2018
I feel so bad for Jiraya (yeah for me it's Jiraya I don't remember the actual name anyway) for sending his disciples to death without even knowing it. I wonder if Tanjiro will say it to him at some point or not. I think it's the kind of thing it's better not to know.
Jul 24, 2019 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
The fact that Sabito and makumo were already dead is both sad and creepy man and what are they now anyway? Ghosts? Now I understand why that girl said there's a lot of them kids watching Tanjiro. Also that morphed demon was creepy af too, that limb-y mofo. Whoever oversees that event probably let him live on purpose to cull the herd even thinner so every year he gets stronger, that test produces stronger demon slayers. Clever.
Jul 25, 2019 10:27 PM

May 2013
That was good :D
I really liked the comic-esque animation of the slicing. V unique.

I thought he had to cut the eye hahah
Jul 30, 2019 6:59 AM
May 2012
Why does everyone have a fucking scar.
Aug 3, 2019 11:39 AM
Jun 2019
So, they left this stupidly powerful demon alive for years so it could murder so many potential demon slayers? I don't get it. This is idiotic beyond belief.

This was clearly a plot point to make our hero look cooler for avenging the previous students. But it is a dumb plot point made by an author who did not think things through.

Would the adult demonslayers truly leave this thing alive for so long? Do they really want to lose so many children to this monster before they have a chance to grow stronger after passing the trial?

That kid who ran said it too: "They never told us about this". So what, they don't regularly check how the demons inside the perimeter are doing? Not taking out the dangerously strong ones?

Sorry but this episode unbelievable. Literally unbelievable. Completely reduces the authenticity of the entire show.

The Author: "I'l make dozens of children die for nothing only to make my hero look cool as he avenges them! Great idea I am so great!"
No, you're not great. You're stupid. Think things properly before finalizing the story.

Think: "Would the adult demonslayers truly allow such a monster to live inside there and kill so many children? Would they really not take care of it?"
The answer to that would be: Hell no, they would destroy it before it takes more lives. Hell, the old teacher would have gone to avenge his students would he not? So why did he not do that? Illogical behaviour.

"Oh look all the students I sent there died, i'l just send more and more and more to die. I won't go to see what the reason is that only my students are constantly targeted and killed in the trial, i'l just send more and hope for the best!"

No. Just no.
Aug 11, 2019 8:06 PM

Apr 2018
damn he sliced that thing up so smooth like that I can't not not believe it's not butter
Aug 13, 2019 12:18 PM

Mar 2015
Lmao I knew Koyasu was the one voicing the thicc demon

Also the OST in this ep was SO GOOD

also first appearance of pikachu boi woo
Aug 17, 2019 3:08 AM

Jul 2013
The mega demon was really creepy and evil lol

I feel so bad for the dead former disciplines :(
Aug 22, 2019 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
I had thoughts that maybe Sabito and Makomo could've died eventually during their trials, but I didn't expect that kind of enemy seeking for vengeance.

Eew, that demon is disgusting. Please defeat him already to avenge all students trained by Urokodaki.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
56 minutes ago

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.