Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 3, 2017 7:43 AM
Sep 2016
There is always a possibility for a third season. Sunrise is focusing on taking up Code Geass right now, so we never know if they might actually take up Horizon after they have wrapped up Code Geass.

My main concern would be that it would need heavy financial support to make a complete work, and I'm rather uncertain if this kind of series would be able to run for as long as regular shounen shows like Bleach, Fairytale, Soul Eater and so on. (Obv. left out Naruto and One piece, as they are in a league of their own).
Mar 10, 2018 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
S3 will most likely never happen, there are safer and more profitable projects, but it might have at least served to get people interested on the LN.

I couldn't like S2 as much as S1. That would be because it was rushed, I guess.
Mar 10, 2018 9:28 AM

Apr 2013
Ramaladni said:
S3 will most likely never happen, there are safer and more profitable projects, but it might have at least served to get people interested on the LN.

Both S1 and s2 are incredibly rushed anyway.
There's as much pages adapted than in LOGH's entire series, and that series had more than one hundred episodes, here we have 26, so can't expect a lot on that point~.
Mar 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
Zefyris said:
Ramaladni said:

Both S1 and s2 are incredibly rushed anyway.
There's as much pages adapted than in LOGH's entire series, and that series had more than one hundred episodes, here we have 26, so can't expect a lot on that point~.

I've read your previous posts. Six years later, it's evident that you were right. Even if rushed I believe S1 was still pretty enjoyable. At some point without the complexity of worldbuilding, motivations, backgrounds and many other aspects, I believe the series ended up appealing to the most common denominator (cool battle sequences, ecchi fanservice, serviceable romance). However it's scary to jump into such a detailed work (the original LN). Just Mushoku Tensei took me nearly two weeks of constant reading, and you can't compare the level of attention necessary, except when

Wouldn't this series be more adequate for either diehard anime fans (who might not be liking it for what makes Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon what it really is) or veteran LN readers? As someone who hasn't read much in the LN department like me, I would prefer to read shorter series that are also good (Rokka no Yuusha, NGNL, Spice&Wolf, or whatever else, I don't really know).

Also how long does a chapter usually take to read? For Mushoku no Tensei it was around 20-30 minutes.

Either way, for a superficial adaptation it doesn't entirely come off as shallow even with its flaws, considering the many failed adaptation attempts.
Apr 13, 2018 4:41 AM

Apr 2013

@Ramaladni I kind of feel the other way around for me, as in, it's the aniem that was made for diehard fans of the LN since only them can understand in detail what's going on (but like you said it ended up appealing others for battle sequence and ecchi).
I'm not sure that it's really a LN I can recommend to "diehard anime fans". Instead, I would mostly recommend it to "diehard worldbuilding fans" (if that''s a thing? xD ), in that, if you love complex and well crafted worldbuilding, you will enjoy it. If you want something easy to read, or fast to read, or simply something that flows well (as I can't say the novel's flow is especially good) it will not really click with you.

One thing that the anime really nailed is the attention to detail. They may have to discard a huge amount o explanation in the anime to have it fit in the number of episodes, sure, but every single shot is full of details.
Everything or almost is at it should, up to minor details everywhere, so watching that series as someone who read the LN is a completely different experience not only because you actually understand what is going on, but also because you're constantly enjoying that attention to details. So many things in this verse have very unique ways to work, and seeing it properly respected is really enjoyable (adding that to very good seiyuu performances AND an incredible soundtrack list).

Baring NGNL, the other two you listed have very good flow of text so they're easy to read, yes. Definitely far easier to start those series than to start KyouHora.
Then again if you manage to start KyouHora, it's quite addictive after a while, so you'll find yourself enjoying following the series despite this length.
But when you're starting it, until you've read a few volumes, the hurdle can be quite high.
Either way, I would definitely not recommend the novels for someone who is just interested in the ecchi scenes or in the fights. And that's why i'd say being a diehard anime fan doesn't cut it.
May 10, 2018 4:52 PM
May 2018
If i have known that we would be on a cliffhanger i wouldn't be watching the whole now. And i don't think there is ever going to be season 3 now because it already 4 years from now. If there was season 3 i'll be watching it right now but no there have to leave us on a cliffhanger where we don't get to see horizon get her emotion back. And why do we see that naked man running around all the time and we didn't even get to see him fight. In all i will give it a 5/10.
Nov 5, 2018 7:04 AM
Nov 2018
Still have hope for ss3 :(
Nov 5, 2018 7:44 AM
Jun 2012
Phuongthao123 said:
Still have hope for ss3 :(

Why to have hope for somthing that on 100% you will not get.
Dec 22, 2018 7:51 AM

Apr 2018
First season got an average of 22k bluray sales
The seconde season got an average of 20k bluray sales

So it isn't a matter of money
Dec 24, 2018 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
It's been 6 years huh. Im still patiently waiting for the OVA this mth and a hopeful S3 announcement. LIKE PLS!!! PLSSS I NEED THIS
Dec 25, 2018 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
REJOICE, BELIEVERS! We just might get a continuation (hopefully complete and with the same staff) one day.
Re:formed
Mar 26, 2019 5:12 AM
Aug 2010
I'm not sure you guys should have any hope for a S3. Novels ended in december.

The anime special released back then was basically an advertisement for it.
May 8, 2019 9:02 PM
Nov 2015
I just finished whatching the two seasons, i don't know why i didn't watch it when it aired back in 2011 and 2012, but this was actually pretty good and fun.

Since it has been so many years maybe there wont be a season 3, but there's always hope. The novel finished in December 2018, maybe that's a signal?
May 12, 2019 9:17 AM

Jan 2012
arthurmegax said:
I just finished whatching the two seasons, i don't know why i didn't watch it when it aired back in 2011 and 2012, but this was actually pretty good and fun.

Since it has been so many years maybe there wont be a season 3, but there's always hope. The novel finished in December 2018, maybe that's a signal?

And they did release a special episode which contains spoilers about the last volume of the novel.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38046/Kyoukaisenjou_no_Horizon_Special
May 12, 2019 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
usually a novel series being finished is a sign that they are NOT going to do any more anime season.
Oct 30, 2019 4:02 PM
May 2019
Zefyris said:
usually a novel series being finished is a sign that they are NOT going to do any more anime season.

Only because LN's tend to far outlive anime's, and in the cases where they don't it means the anime can't count on a wealth of story to be their to draw from...and they know readers(their potential audience) are moving on as well.

And once they do end authors often move onto new projects and are no longer available to assist in production.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is zero chance of a complete S3...could see some more OVA's sometime in the future, could not either. Though I think what had, and continues, to dictate what happens with Horizon is the amount of work it takes to produce it...which is to say its a lot, in ALL facet's of production, not just illustration.

But what I've seen throughout this thread, all the way to the beginning 7 years ago, is a LOT of misunderstanding about how the anime industry works.

The scene, and all the variables which dictate production schedules, are far closer to "Hollywood movie" than "American TV". Season's of anime follow timelines far closer to movie sequels than live TV.

Those on the creative side have a LOT of say over what gets made and when, it's not always being dictated down to them by executives and bean counters. That's not to say funding isn't often an issue, but profits don't decide everything.

People get burnt out and want to work on other stuff, and there's a lot of differing schedules that need to line up...a lot of the people involved head off into different directions and work on different projects afterward(even within the same studio), things don't move so linearly.

So it's not at all strange for many years to pass between anime seasons, for no obvious reason at all. And new seasons don't get announced until they are 100% happening, even if those behind the scenes want, or expect, to continue working on them some time in the future.

There are also a lot of different production studio's, and they aren't all big. Not only can they not just put all their eggs into one basket, it's HARD to make a quality season of anime in one, or even two, calendar years. So studio's have to keep rotating projects in and out, to lessen risk, even if what is being released at the time is seeing success.

This is why you see so many anime's stop, or pause, after season 2. Season 1 takes longer than 1 calendar year to produce, season 2 is rushed, for season 3 they'll often have to decide to divert more resources to production or lengthen the production schedule. And for smaller studio's they can't let other projects, which have been on pause, languish and die in order to spend a longer amount of time, or use more resources, by producing seasons 3+...so they rotate projects in and out.

There's also a lot of collaboration, between both people and studio's. Much like you'll see with actors/directors/producers in Hollywood, their schedules all need to line up right and it's rare that everyone involved will have both the economic means and creative desire to continue working on the same project together for half a decade or longer...and it's only when studio's with very deep pockets are involved can those on the creative/production side be replaced as needed to keep releasing anime without pause without risking the quality taking a serious dive; especially on projects that don't so obviously have mainstream appeal or are very complicated to produce.
KewlwhipOct 30, 2019 4:46 PM
May 7, 2022 8:37 AM
Mar 2021
This was such a high budget show. I doubt it in current year.
Feb 20, 5:33 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Yvese
Third season will definitely happen.

First season sold 21k average per volume. Second season is on track to average that same amount so far, with 23k+ volume 1 sales.

The question is, when? :)
@Yvese its been 12 years i dont think its coming out :(
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl poll

Doc101 - Mar 12

4 by DarkLeafNinja »»
Mar 12, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

71 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

55 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 14, 2023 9:12 AM

» After watching both season, I really like the power system, but should I continue watching manga?

aLotQuestion_ - May 10, 2021

1 by Zefyris »»
Jun 20, 2021 4:21 AM

» What's the point of reenacting history?

Wannabiteme - Jun 17, 2015

20 by Zefyris »»
Jan 24, 2021 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.