Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eww, the Spear hero is back and he's pissed. He and Naofumi never just never seems to see eye to the eye in this show especially this episode..

Now he even has a new reason to hate Naofumi. Honestly, this episode had a lot of rage moments. Still can't stand Myne either since trouble always seems to follow wherever she goes too.
May 8, 2019 7:57 AM
Aug 2016
Gotta be honest, this episode was really good. Now finally i have the dose of real shit that i waited for months
May 8, 2019 7:58 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Looks like the religious order is taking over the country.

Still, hate Malty.

May 8, 2019 8:03 AM

Mar 2019
I liked how they animated this fight. Only bad point as usual is music during the battle.
May 8, 2019 8:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well things sure took a pretty drastic direction this week
May 8, 2019 8:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While spear hero can be an idiot its kinda surprising that he saw Ren and Itsuki given his expressions as he revealed their deaths to Naofumi. Though the trap was a cunning one Filo's new strength as well as the party's desire to protect Naofumi from the trap sure helped in swinging the odds to Naofumi's favour. Melty and Filo's combo attack sure was impressive. Naofumi's declaration about the reason for their strength though sure was a strong one and was a like a slap in the face to the spear hero. Hmm the power of that one strike that was aimed at them really was overwhelming considering the damage. To think that the church ended becoming the main villain here and not the princess.
A solid and excellent ep that while featuring some excellent combat and some excellent teamwork also did well to intruduce a real game changer in the form of the reveal of the new villain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2019 8:16 AM

Oct 2017
This crap is keep getting worse, and it had potential to do good. Now it's just painful to watch
May 8, 2019 8:17 AM
Dec 2018
Only saw the raw version but has much i loved this episode i cant help but complain about why does this director keeps making raphtalia taking the back seat in fights. She hardly does anything while in LN and even mamga she a badass.

Overall was a good episode i actualy liked the change with the lighting prison where its myne that uses instead of the spear hero.
May 8, 2019 8:31 AM
Jan 2019
Holy fuck. That was an amazing episode!!
May 8, 2019 8:41 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was unexpected, without scales the pope went from common church douchebag to killing machine.

I really wasn't expecting another "human vs human contest ignoring there are waves of overpowered monsters attacking us". This kind of stupid struggle really turns me off and is the exact reason why I didn't like AoT S3 part 1.

Edit: Also, the spear hero is an idiot, like always.
HealmeplzMay 8, 2019 8:49 AM
May 8, 2019 8:43 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
18 episodes and motoyasu might finally wake the fuck up. Jesus christ this anime..

Also, don't tell me we're in for a redemption arc for motoyasu, myne and the king now that the church wants to get rid of them.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 8, 2019 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
Now finally Malty and the Spear hero will be less annoying
May 8, 2019 8:47 AM

Nov 2016
Holy pope, talk about an unexpected twist.

Decent episode overall, at least it wasn't boring.

And now it's time for Spear Hero and Myne redemption (?) Overeager source reader, please don't answer this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2019 8:49 AM

Feb 2016
Well that escalated quickly, Shit just went 0-100 real quick. Quite the twist and hopefully Spear hero and that bitch will finally reconsider their bad actions against Naofumi.

Now, whats gonna happen if Ren and Itsuki are dead? Will Fitoria kill them anyway?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 8, 2019 8:54 AM

Feb 2016
Healmeplz said:
This kind of stupid struggle really turns me off and is the exact reason why I didn't like AoT S3 part 1.

With the difference that AoT has always been humans vs humans, which was made clear enough since S2 and S3 Part 1.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 8, 2019 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
The spear hero had a different weapon in the manga, I wonder why they changed it.

HereticHunter said:
Healmeplz said:
This kind of stupid struggle really turns me off and is the exact reason why I didn't like AoT S3 part 1.

With the difference that AoT has always been humans vs humans, which was made clear enough since S2 and S3 Part 1.

Oh, you are right.
May 8, 2019 9:02 AM

Feb 2018
I'll say it: I've never hated the Spear Hero. I just think he's an idiot and is easily manipulated by Myne.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 8, 2019 9:08 AM
Jan 2016
I don't know why people are blaming Ren for the whole dragon thing, how did he know that it was going to start a plague.
May 8, 2019 9:11 AM

Jan 2018
Man, spear hero is such an idiot and even still remains well, stopped reading vol 11 halfway because of this trash of a hero and don't know when if I'll continue to read it though.

Also, the best part of the series is coming.
May 8, 2019 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
So many good ideas wasted on shitty writing.

It seems like the things only work in this show when a plot device is applied. The real enemy being the church I saw miles away but I really think it was an unnecessary plot device for Motoyasu realize how stupid he has been. I was waiting for some character development on him and that was the worst way possible to do it.

The new combo skills are sick though
cross3773May 8, 2019 11:20 AM
May 8, 2019 9:18 AM

Mar 2017
Well shit... i did not expect that! I really thought it was Myne who attacked Itsuki & Ren but now she's in danger too... daaaamn

I'm really really hoping that Itsuki & Ren aren't actually dead but i don't see how they could have survived that blast wen Naofumi & Motoyasu only just made it out alive with all that defense
May 8, 2019 9:52 AM
Jun 2016
Motoyasu finally has his chance to make amends after this, I don't really like the guy but I don't hate him either I realize he is just really ignorant and is too trusting of his party members. Myne on the other hand I still hate her and am so glad she's getting betrayed by the people she was working with, at least I think she was working with the church.
May 8, 2019 9:53 AM

Oct 2017
The episode started with usual irritating vibe but then it had a great fight and finally dumb motoyasu learnt some truth I hope he will be less annoying.
May 8, 2019 9:58 AM

Dec 2016
Man this writing is dumb.

"If you don't tell them they're wrong, you're basically admitting your guilt."

Was this written by a 12-year-old? He already denied the allegations when they were made, but no one believed him because that was what the plot needed to happen. The author contrived the circumstances so that Naofumi would be "forced" to buy slaves and act like an emo 24/7. The story is trying to backtrack for the sake of having a nonsensical reconciliation arc.

This subplot would be far more effective if he had some practical way of proving his innocence. As it is the other heroes have no reason to even entertain his side of the story. But of course, a solution that conundrum comes later in the episode!

Once they actually get to the border, Naofumi says "we'll force our way through". But wasn't the whole point of the last few episodes that they couldn't force their way through the border?

What the fuck is happening in this anime?

Then Melty says "this isn't the time to be worrying about appearances". But isn't the whole point of this episode for Naofumi to try and regain the trust of one of the heroes and keep his promise to the chicken queen?

What the fuck is happening in this anime?

As for the rest of the epsiode, we get yet another evil character that is evil, and who conveniently wants to depose the royal family as well as kill the heroes. This will also have the fortuitous side effect of both absolving Naofumi as well as sidelining the conflict between him and the royal family. I guess the author realized that they had no idea how to advance the narrative, so they just dropped a literal nuke on the thing to blow all their problems away.

The implication is that none of these characters are going to get any kind of earned development. Naofumi doesn't have to prove his innocence or put aside his contempt for the royal family in order to work with the other heroes, and the other heroes don't need to get over being arrogant dimwits. Instead, we get another deus ex machina character to obviate all the existing conflicts in the narrative. Why bother resolving conflicts when you can just write them out of existence with a cheap plot device?

I'm sure fans will laud this development as a brilliant setup to an amazing plot twist, but in reality it makes so much of the story unnecessary. A huge amount of filler could have been cut out of the middle episodes, while content from the second cour could have been moved to the beginning of the story, even the first or second episode. Revealing the church as the true antagonist after so long isn't so much remarkable feat of writing as a cop-out. Why bother doing the work of concealing the true threat in your story when you can just write them out of it until the plot needs them again?
SSL443May 8, 2019 10:02 AM
May 8, 2019 10:03 AM
Nov 2016
Oof that animation was the epitome of average. Not a fan of the fight scene. Decided to read ahead a bit and all i can say is hopefully it'll at least be slightly above average.
weed lol
May 8, 2019 10:06 AM

Oct 2018
zeus-faber said:
This crap is keep getting worse, and it had potential to do good. Now it's just painful to watch

I generally agree, but I actually liked this episode. It's been the first one in a while.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 8, 2019 10:10 AM
Feb 2019
well we have a new antagonist, i didn`t think there was somebody more insane than myne but, I was wrong
May 8, 2019 10:17 AM
Mar 2015
So the pope is attempting a coup d'etat
May 8, 2019 10:20 AM
Jul 2018

SSL443 said:
The implication is that none of these characters are going to get any kind of earned development. Naofumi doesn't have to prove his innocence or put aside his contempt for the royal family in order to work with the other heroes, and the other heroes don't need to get over being arrogant dimwits. Instead, we get another deus ex machina character to obviate all the existing conflicts in the narrative. Why bother resolving conflicts when you can just write them out of existence with a cheap plot device?

Interesting narrative. I can confidently say that I agree with you, the show is really failing to push forward. I swear Naofumi wanted to go to the other country 10 episodes ago now, but nothing significant has happened, not even another Wave fight. The fact that they have now introduced another antagonist before properly dealing with Glass is incredibly frustrating.
removed-userMay 8, 2019 10:25 AM
May 8, 2019 10:23 AM

Oct 2017
Konpurekkusu said:
zeus-faber said:

I generally agree, but I actually liked this episode. It's been the first one in a while.

The whole thing seems so average and poorly made that it makes me wanna drop it. BUT it just so happens that this is one of the good ones this god awful season so... Im at a loss here
May 8, 2019 10:25 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, Malty is back.

I don't like evil religious leaders.

Stupid pope.
NurguburuMay 9, 2019 12:43 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 8, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
nice... it takes a nuke from an evil pope to get through Motoyatsu's thick skull
May 8, 2019 10:37 AM
Nov 2018
This just proves how god damn awful this show is now
Edit: the writing is awful, the ep was ok
May 8, 2019 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
Fitting karma that the bitch gets backstabbed after all the shit she's pulled. Shame Naofumi had to block that attack to save his party though or we'd have one less headache to deal with.
May 8, 2019 11:04 AM

Nov 2013
hmm, so because of these moronic religious fanatics, 4 heroes will finally have a reason to fight a common enemy, TOGETHER (waves failed miserably at doing just that)
May 8, 2019 11:06 AM
Nov 2018
It's been three episodes in a row focusing on one fight: Against the dinosaur, against the bird queen, against the Spear Hero. This was one long, drawn-out conversation and duel.

If I have to hear "brainwashing shield" one more time....

They are both ordinary guys from Japan. Why would Motoyasu so easily think that Naofumi is evil from the very beginning?

All the repeating of the same arguments....

Okay that the pope is the enemy. But how can he have HUNDREDS of priests and priestesses go along with this? They all listen to his speech about lying and covering up murder, and they are fine with it. Even though they're from the church based on worshiping the heroes they are in the process of killing.

And how did they all move to the border, hundreds of them, without the government asking questions and sending someone to see what they are doing?
May 8, 2019 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
This is getting tiring, just spending a whole episode on this duel that did literally nothing to progress the story in any way. Only the last few minutes of this episode were even remotely useful, with the Pope revealing his true colours. Obviously, because this has happened, Ren and Itsuki won't be dead and the Heroes will now unite to face a common enemy, but holy crap this is obnoxious.
May 8, 2019 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
I'm just waiting for the queen.
I wanna see the queen my bruddas
May 8, 2019 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Really Good Episode.

The fight was really done well.I am waiting for the nextepisode which will be good.

Also Myne getting beaten by Raphtalia was the best part.

May 8, 2019 11:22 AM

Dec 2016
Hegar said:
They are both ordinary guys from Japan. Why would Motoyasu so easily think that Naofumi is evil from the very beginning?

This was one of my main issues even in the first epsisode. It made no sense for the other heroes to be so against Naofumi right from the beginning.

Not enough characterization or setup to explain motivations.
May 8, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2016
Malty/Myne will always be annoying and her acting made me cringe. Just her presence makes me feel irritated cuz nothing good comes from her ò_ó

Holly Molly! What a twist change of events! How they will get out of this mess?? Pope is the devil one here and I hope Motoyasu realizes now what's going on º-º;

Good episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 8, 2019 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was atrocious, probably the worst so far by a long shot. Animation took a big hit and the battle choreography was insultingly awful. I don't remember this part that well in the manga but here the priest actually made a lot of sense and if it wasn't for how stupidly cliiche and cartoonishly evil he's written, you could totally agree with his actions in the context of the setting.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 8, 2019 11:39 AM

Aug 2018
Good action but terrible writing. It's too convenient of a plot device to make the spear hero an absolute idiot who is so easily manipulated by Myne and Myne is your typical dumb and evil princess who is jealous of her sibling who is next in line to the throne.

I like the main characters and the lore of the world is interesting but this lazy plot device is testing my patience. As for the pope, I'm hoping for there to be a good explanation for why their religion treats the shield hero as the devil and not another character that is evil for the sake of being evil.
<Insert clever quote>
May 8, 2019 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There are plants out there that have more complex brain functions than Motoyasu. He was so annoying to watch that I actually fast forwarded a bit. And Myne is still as detestable as ever. Shieldbro should have just kept her out of the range of his shield.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 8, 2019 11:47 AM
Sep 2017
pretty good episode , i like how one of the reasons the pope wanted to kill naofumi is that he didnt thank him for the holy water lol
May 8, 2019 11:53 AM

Nov 2017
Shit Hero and Co. back at it again. I assumed that this will happen since episode 4. Not hating the show, but this really is wasted potential. Something that could be really good. Oh well, 7 more episodes. Will manage them somehow.
May 8, 2019 11:59 AM

Feb 2007
The delicious irony of Myne and the king who have been constantly doing their dirty work for them being the main targets of the church's coup.

Although they really should realize they're dooming the world, including the part they want to rule, by deceiving and killing the heroes.
May 8, 2019 12:00 PM

Oct 2018
what a thrilling episode. and I think this will continue to undergo on something i thought of. that whenever those 4 won't unite and won't get their shit together then the answer will be that they have to face such an enemy that will despise 4 of them, causing them to work as a team again. *sigh* its just what i think. but nevertheless it is such a great episode.
May 8, 2019 12:04 PM

Dec 2016
Cucked spearfag and whore are back. Now why were they NOT left OUTSIDE the protective sphere when the airstrike came along? For all they did, they should've become a part of the post-strike crater. At least the whore realised she's been fucked with holy-water-soaked dildo behind the scenes by the very fanatics she exploited. Also, Raphtalia had second chance to kill that whore and again resorted to some puny flashlight.

Why would the spearfag repeatedly ask naofumi things in spite of "the brainwashing shield" being 'real'? Wouldn't this false belief mean that whatever naofumi says is immediately rendered an attempt at mind control? Asking him anything seems counterintuitive, given the cuck's ironic blind belief in whatever 'friends' say.

And i got +1 to list of fodder that needs to die - fanatics. Violently and brutally murdered, limb by limb, cut by cut. With no anesthetic and all awareness of their suffering. On screen with no details omitted. Same still does apply to spearfag and whore, ofc.

LET THE 18 EPISODES PAY OFF WITH BLOOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
May 8, 2019 12:17 PM
Apr 2016
Naofumi vs. Motoyasu part 544! Again and again, it's stupid how this anime can lack individuality this much, all characters are just empty-headed dolls. Well, stuff is happening! More fake information and everyone bluntly believes!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

219 by SanessyAdversary »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 23, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 23, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.