Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 6, 2019 5:12 AM
Jun 2016
So many flashbacks... the quality of the animation has dropped too.

Rip
May 6, 2019 5:26 AM
Mar 2019
Sub_Rom_B said:

Rip

There was only like 2 and both were important
May 6, 2019 5:33 AM

Oct 2017
Season 2:

Erwin: Eren's life > All soldiers' life

Season 3:

Erwin: Horses' life > Eren's life

So much contradiction here.
May 6, 2019 5:37 AM
Mar 2019
KatsutoSaki said:
Season 2:

Erwin: Eren's life > All soldiers' life

Season 3:

Erwin: Horses' life > Eren's life

So much contradiction here.

Not really? If they lose the horses, theyre all pretty much fucked? They made that clear. Erwin said their numbers are already thin as is, they dont have the able man power they used to have to just casually be throwing horses away. last thing he wants to do is lose an easy way of retreat should the need arise. If they lose a way to retreat, its basically saying "Here, take Eren." to their enemies.
nanidatosama97May 6, 2019 5:41 AM
May 6, 2019 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
Sub_Rom_B said:

Rip
Are sure you were watching it in HD quality,720+? or did you just watched it in 360p?
May 6, 2019 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Lukesterry said:
joe_g7 said:
I love how Erwin was standing atop the wall right next to the Armored Titan and just staring like it was no big deal. That man has balls of steel.

Oh man, there was CGI throughout the episode, and I could really feel how much of a struggle this episode must've been for the animators. It came out good, but just imagine if they didn't delay this season for as long as they did. We would probably have CGI Eren and Reiner fighting each other lol.
lol it might will suffer like the CGI from OVERLORD season 3 anime
what CGI? i didnt even notice CGI lmao
May 6, 2019 5:58 AM

Apr 2018
JakeShanks2001 said:
not much CGI in this episode, the only CGI that I notice is the roof CGI
May 6, 2019 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
Jfs_ said:
JakeShanks2001 said:
but that doesn't even matter much, why are people hating this ep?
May 6, 2019 6:13 AM
Oct 2018
Pretty nice episode, loved the Hoverboard lock, KUSHIDA would be proud.
May 6, 2019 6:48 AM

Nov 2017
Lukesterry said:
Dagvi said:
Huh... the battle between Eren and Reiner was... disappointing to say the least. It wasn't nearly what I expected after a six months hiatus and years of waiting earlier. The animation was sloppy, the directing wasn't good either and the choreography of the figh was also kinda off. But other than that the episode wasn't that bad, and some animation moments were really good as far as I remember.
And lastly I have one more complaint - the cliffhanger at the end of the episode. In my opinion it was rather dull and underwhelming, it could've been alot better.

Let's just hope that the fight between Levi and Beast Titan will be beautifully animated!
Not really, after all the storytelling in anime is all the same as the full manga, the studio doesn't cut or add any content, so there's nothing wrong with the number of flashbacks because it follows the manga

Well at least I think that they shouldn't strictly follow the manga and could add some anime original scenes.

May 6, 2019 6:52 AM
Mar 2019
JakeShanks2001 said:
Sub_Rom_B said:

Rip
Are sure you were watching it in HD quality,720+? or did you just watched it in 360p?
Lol, maybe he just watched on 360p, to be honest, the animation is pretty good in my opinion, even though I watch 720p HD
May 6, 2019 6:55 AM
Mar 2019
JakeShanks2001 said:
Jfs_ said:
because they don't like AOT being in
for the score of 9.00, and they will incite anyone so that everyone is disappointed and decreases the score
May 6, 2019 7:01 AM
Mar 2019
ABDoesThings said:
what's with all the shit talk against the animation and directing? Have you guys seen OPM Season 2? Jesus chill wtf. The episode was amazing.
animation is indeed not extraordinary, but it is still very good in my opinion, especially because they do sakuga in AOT animations especially in the gear maneuver parts it is amazingly beautiful
May 6, 2019 8:05 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was amazing. Tho everything developed so quickly. I didn’t read manga but I heard that they skipped some parts to speed up the action. I wonder if that means that they will get to the basement before the end of part 2...

When you get Signature removed once again.
May 6, 2019 8:23 AM

Feb 2018
Czarokruk said:
This episode was amazing. Tho everything developed so quickly. I didn’t read manga but I heard that they skipped some parts to speed up the action. I wonder if that means that they will get to the basement before the end of part 2...

No, this arc is getting a perfect adaptation. The part before this had content skipped to have better pacing.
May 6, 2019 10:20 AM
Apr 2019
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Czarokruk said:

No, this arc is getting a perfect adaptation. The part before this had content skipped to have better pacing.

When i saw the 1st episode, i thought so it would get a great adaptation. But after seeing that fight between eren and reiner, no it isn't. I have more worries for next episode cause its gonna be very huge and i don't think studio can handle it very well
May 6, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2019
Czarokruk said:

we get to the basement in episode 6 or 7 if it adapts the manga 1:1
they didnt skip anything in this season so far
You son of a .. turtle

May 6, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
Czarokruk said:

This season will have the basement reveal and a bit more
May 6, 2019 10:54 AM
Jan 2018
Titanslayer18 said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

When i saw the 1st episode, i thought so it would get a great adaptation. But after seeing that fight between eren and reiner, no it isn't. I have more worries for next episode cause its gonna be very huge and i don't think studio can handle it very well

Material wise so far has been good more less but Animation has always been a problem since s1 and has gotten worse since they started doing it yearly
Mattinator95May 6, 2019 10:58 AM
May 6, 2019 11:11 AM
May 2014
i kinda felt sorry for reiner when he said "w-wait!"
"ya know what.... maybe HxH is fine staying exactly as it is in stasis. maybe we don't always need an ending" —manDboogie
May 6, 2019 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
I still hate reiner with all my might tbh
May 6, 2019 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
Fighting sequence showing Eren versus Reiner in their titan forms looked great. Not only the art and animation were amazing,b ut whole direction of this duel made it very pleasant to watch. Personally, I think it looked better than their previous confrontation.

I liked how Erwin Smith was thinking about his dream, mostly because of that last scene with symbolic portrait of Erwin standing on the top of a pile of corpses of people who he once knew or happened to be their commander. Like, Erwin's dream appeared to be the strongest, but it's not easy to be that lucky survivor when a lot of people lost their lives in war against titans and couldn't maybe even express their own wishes.

New weapon looks deadly and cool. What's the most import thing is its efficiency. Reiner got literally wrecked by those things. He early looked and sounded shocked and perhaps frightened as well. He could be up to date with their way of thinking and analytics of certain situations, but couldn't predict that his enemies would have destructive spears capable of destroying his armor.

This episode was slightly worse from the previous one, I mean it had less "wow!" moments. Apart from that it was amazing as well. I love watching high quality stuff and it is definitely a high quality production. :) Too bad it ended with a cliffhanger. Well, at least the hype before the next episode might be even higher. I'm curious what's gonna happen next with Reiner and when Bertholdt is gonna show up.

YudiaBatsand said:
i kinda felt sorry for reiner when he said "w-wait!"

It was a quite sad scene indeed, involving Reiner's personality as a mere human who was simply frightened. But as I like his character, there is no need to feel sorry for him. He knew what was the risk of his mission and how it might end when something goes wrong. If it was completely reversed situation, then I guess Reiner would not have hesitated to kill his former companions.
AdnashMay 6, 2019 12:09 PM
May 6, 2019 12:24 PM

Aug 2017
Well I expected a huge fight between the titans to be honest, but this episode took a more psychological turn. And I loved it. It was great to learn more about Erwin Smith and to crawl into the head of Reiner. The next episode will undoubtly be thrilling! I can't wait :)
May 6, 2019 12:25 PM

Sep 2017
erwin was basically thinking no way i'd die without knowing the truth. i wonder if goes for the basement alone..damn this guy's awesome and crazy at the same time
May 6, 2019 1:08 PM
Sep 2018
He said the thing. Erwin said the thing
May 6, 2019 2:31 PM

May 2018
First in manga form, then in season 2, now in S3 Part 2, it's always satisfactory to see Reiner suffer after the crap he and his crew has done.
May 6, 2019 3:11 PM
Mar 2018
nanidatosama97 said:
FuMomo-kun said:

Whoever is responsible for the timing of these things is brilliant. It makes things far more enjoyable.

The fight was not cool at all and it even looked quite disgraceful. I think that added to the realism, and made me like the scene a lot more.

Not sure, but I feel like the Armoured titan's design changed again.

That one titan that posed like a model. Haha.

In one of the shots, Eren looked like he was seductively waiting for Reiner. That ended up reminding me of that one anime where their seiyuus played boyfriends.

I can't wait for the fights to end so that we can learn the secrets of the basement.

My dude, you just posted a huge manga spoiler in an anime only discussion
And you just cited the spoiler uncensored, therefore spoiling it for others (me). Please edit your reply and remove the spoiler.
May 6, 2019 3:22 PM
Mar 2019
@Levj

You know, im quite new to mal and dont know all the commands, so I just deleted the comment, since you seem to decide to pin the blame on me when it was FuMos fault to begin with. If thats not your intention, im sorry, but thats how it comes across. Blame FuMo for saying manga stuff uncensored before their edit was made in an anime only discussion in the first place.
nanidatosama97May 6, 2019 3:30 PM
May 6, 2019 3:34 PM
Oct 2018
this episode flew by
May 6, 2019 4:19 PM
Sep 2018
JakeShanks2001 said:
Jfs_ said:

I guess it's not hating but kinda expected higher since the first eps was so great and hype and the tension was there.
May 6, 2019 4:21 PM
Sep 2018
Dagvi said:
Lukesterry said:
Not really, after all the storytelling in anime is all the same as the full manga, the studio doesn't cut or add any content, so there's nothing wrong with the number of flashbacks because it follows the manga

Well at least I think that they shouldn't strictly follow the manga and could add some anime original scenes.

Maybe they could add some new scenes but then we gonna have a different story or point of view and more uncertainty of how the story will end.
May 6, 2019 4:23 PM
Sep 2018
Czarokruk said:

I think we gonna get to the basement part and then we get some new information about the past and titans before we start a new arc.
May 6, 2019 4:26 PM
Sep 2018
Titanslayer18 said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

Same. I mean I'm so confused as to why wit being inconsistent aside from the deadlines and lack of animators. But I agree that rts arc is the hugest part and will be memorable so I hope they will really really give us the best and not disappoint us.
May 6, 2019 4:27 PM
Sep 2018
Lukesterry said:
JakeShanks2001 said:
because they don't like AOT being in
for the score of 9.00, and they will incite anyone so that everyone is disappointed and decreases the score

Idk what's better than aot anyway, this part has to get 9.00 more.
May 6, 2019 4:29 PM
Sep 2018
Salamak said:
erwin was basically thinking no way i'd die without knowing the truth. i wonder if goes for the basement alone..damn this guy's awesome and crazy at the same time

He's... he's my boy..
May 6, 2019 5:41 PM

Apr 2019
@Ringo19
Are u incapable of putting the quotes in one post?
You son of a .. turtle

May 6, 2019 7:01 PM

Oct 2015
Lukesterry said:
JakeShanks2001 said:
Lol, maybe he just watched on 360p, to be honest, the animation is pretty good in my opinion, even though I watch 720p HD
And Im here just trying to understand why you guys are associating video quality with animation quality... you can have the same animation played in 1080p or 240p, it'll still retain its level of animation, its not like a video loses frames as its quality decreases
May 6, 2019 7:04 PM

Oct 2015
Levj said:
nanidatosama97 said:

My dude, you just posted a huge manga spoiler in an anime only discussion
And you just cited the spoiler uncensored, therefore spoiling it for others (me). Please edit your reply and remove the spoiler.
What spoiler did he say?
May 6, 2019 8:45 PM

Dec 2014
well that was hmm... something but reiner will not go down that easily I believe
May 6, 2019 8:51 PM
Mar 2015
Reiner go boom!!!!
May 6, 2019 9:15 PM

May 2012
HOLY SH%^%&(!!!

Did Reiner GO BOOM?????
And where is Bertholdt????

Ohhhh I cant wait for the next ep!

And Erwin is one crazy mf tho!! He did sacrifice a lot. Its nothing but the truth now~
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

May 6, 2019 9:19 PM

Feb 2019
Idk, I don't feel very good about that cliffhanger. Reiner, please die already. Sorry, but I love humanity more than you. What a great episode. Boy, Erwin was so cool. <3 Wit studio
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

May 6, 2019 9:34 PM
Sep 2018
Nim0174 said:
@Ringo19

Idk how if you don't mind show me the way.
May 6, 2019 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
I think this is it for Reiner. If he isn't instantly dead, they will be able to easily finish him off.
May 7, 2019 1:32 AM
Jan 2018
Nostalgik said:
Levj said:
What spoiler did he say?

Something that will happen in chapter 117
May 7, 2019 2:05 AM

Apr 2019
Ringo19 said:
Nim0174 said:
@Ringo19

you are the type of person that skips the tutorial and then runs around hysterically and confused about what to do
You son of a .. turtle

May 7, 2019 3:20 AM
Mar 2019
@Nim0174

Mal doesnt really show you how to do everything when you create your account, though. Theres no need to be like that just because someone is obviously new to the site, damn.
May 7, 2019 3:39 AM

Nov 2017
Damn looks like Reiner is done for. Those finishing blows at the end really looked fatal. We got alot of insights and thoughts of Erwin and Armin, not sure if it will help anything though... Also when Connie and Sasha heard they should finish Reiner they suddenly hesitated, because they have been friends for so long in the past I guess.
Hoping to see Levi taking it up on the beast titan next episode!

plz @ me
May 7, 2019 3:46 AM
Mar 2019
024 said:
Damn looks like Reiner is done for. Those finishing blows at the end really looked fatal. We got alot of insights and thoughts of Erwin and Armin, not sure if it will help anything though... Also when Connie and Sasha heard they should finish Reiner they suddenly hesitated, because they have been friends for so long in the past I guess.
Hoping to see Levi taking it up on the beast titan next episode!

Thank you, someone who actually gets it and why they went with the "killing your friend" ost rather than "hype and action" ost during that moment.
May 7, 2019 4:23 AM
Sep 2018
Nim0174 said:
Ringo19 said:

you are the type of person that skips the tutorial and then runs around hysterically and confused about what to do

Firstly first, maybe I'm not confused. Secondly, you're the only one complaining about the quotes thingy 'yet' doesn't want to help. Here's my idea, what about you stfu and mind your own business, young lady?
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.