Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 4, 2019 10:12 PM

Jan 2018
Temoblanks said:
I don't feel confidence in any sign of who it might be (if he even ends up with just one), because they're just going to throw hints and signs for every single one and at the end of the day they'll just use a deus ex machina reason to pick one.

I only watched the anime, and from what I've seen, I think the best choice would be Miku because she seems to be the only one who is truly head over heels for him while the others seem to be just infatuated or confused. If you see it in their perspective, Miku would be the most crushed, that is unless, like I mentioned, they do a deus ex machina saying that she no longer cares for whatever reason. And they will.

Now, Itsuki is by far the most logical choice they would go with. She almost seems like a co-protagonist herself. She is always center stage when something meaningful happens. Her personality is the most balanced, and while all the others were too quick to either like him or hate him, the relationship between him and her has the most natural flow to it. They also seem like they avoid her on purpose because she's so obvious.

MY personal preference is Ichika, I guess because she's the most mature and straightforward, but I don't see it.

I personally don't buy into the Tsundere bullshit, but the manga readers seem to be hard for Nino because of her development. That's the thing, again, like I said, they're gonna give merit to all of them. Just wait and sure enough there will be an arc that pushes Yotsuba like you wouldn't believe.

Whoever they choose is going to leave a sour taste because you're gonna say "What about all these moments with so and so? Did they mean nothing?". I like romance but this is why I can't like harems, there's no chance at a true romance. There's no winning.

Since season 2 of anime has been announced now u can see for yourself that why we manga readers love Nino so much.
May 6, 2019 7:25 PM
May 2019
It's clearly going to be Itsuki. Even if you look past the whole "first met" nonsense its been hinted at many times. First if anyone watches the opening for the anime you can see them making itsuki the center of the frame, the last girl to appear. Then there's the fact that it's been stated and mentioned several times that itsuki is the most similar to fuutarou the evidence just keeps piling up.
May 7, 2019 8:16 PM
Dec 2017
I hope it's Miku. She is quite the genuine one and it looked like her in the end. And I think Yotsuba has no chance because the hair colour of the bride in the end is a big no no to Yotsuba. I just don't want it to be the cliché of Itsuki. And thing God but that👀
May 7, 2019 8:18 PM
Dec 2017
jking815 said:
It's clearly going to be Itsuki. Even if you look past the whole "first met" nonsense its been hinted at many times. First if anyone watches the opening for the anime you can see them making itsuki the center of the frame, the last girl to appear. Then there's the fact that it's been stated and mentioned several times that itsuki is the most similar to fuutarou the evidence just keeps piling up.

I seriously hope that it's not that old cliché again of Itsuki winning 😭.
I rather root for Miku and Nino any day even Yotsuba instead of an obvio choice.
May 11, 2019 4:24 AM

Jul 2017
Anyone who thinks it isn't Itsuki is fooling themselves into thinking this isn’t any other generic harem anime
May 11, 2019 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
May 11, 2019 10:06 AM
May 2019
ZaviourZeno said:
jking815 said:

I seriously hope that it's not that old cliché again of Itsuki winning 😭.
I rather root for Miku and Nino any day even Yotsuba instead of an obvio choice.

I honestly do hope it's Itsuki I like her the most out of all the sisters I think her personality and such really go well with Fuutarou
May 16, 2019 12:05 PM
May 2019
Yoowwww hold up, i just looked back at chapter 1, there is a VERY HUGE clue there that indicates that the bride is

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenAug 26, 2019 12:01 PM
May 28, 2019 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Personally i think its Miku who married Fuutarou in the end. Firstly, the bride and Miku have the same slanted hair. Secondly, in the first episode of the anime you see the bride standing in the middle with two mirrors on each side beside her. This could suggest that the bride is most likely the person who held his milddle finger on the bonfire night at the end of episode 12, which was Miku.
May 29, 2019 11:11 PM
Sep 2015
There is an interesting easter egg in the bonfire scene where the quintuplets held each one of Futarou's finger minding the tradition of couples holding hands in a bonfire event end up together.

One girl held Futarou's ring finger where the wedding ring is normally worn.

That girl was Yotsuba
Jun 2, 2019 8:52 AM
Aug 2015
Iyanuts said:
Yoowwww hold up, i just looked back at chapter 1, there is a VERY HUGE clue there that indicates that the bride is miku, and it is the HANDLOCK that she does, look at the HANDLOCK that the bride does, its exactly the same as the HANDLOCK that miku does(see page 47/52)

Incognito_TB said:
Personally i think its Miku who married Fuutarou in the end. Firstly, the bride and Miku have the same slanted hair. Secondly, in the first episode of the anime you see the bride standing in the middle with two mirrors on each side beside her. This could suggest that the bride is most likely the person who held his milddle finger on the bonfire night at the end of episode 12, which was Miku.

Nah. If you watch anime carefully you will see there is a very strong candidate for the bride
Jun 3, 2019 2:36 PM
Jun 2019
It would be funny if he marries Ren.

On paper, he marries a girl named Ren.

Nobody knows who Ren is, and the rule is that only one girl can be seen with him playing the role of wife at any given time... And the sisters get to decide who wears The One Ring, and Fuu doesn't really have a say in it.
Jun 5, 2019 9:41 AM

Mar 2015
Hot take:

It's Miku.
Jun 18, 2019 3:38 PM
Jun 2019
WAIT IN THE END THE GIRL HAS A PIERCING SO ITS EITHER NINO(she said she would have one when she got married) OR CHIBIKO CAUSE SHE HAD ALREADY ONE
Jun 20, 2019 9:45 AM
Apr 2019
HOLY SHIT, the latest chapter.

DeadlyRavenAug 26, 2019 12:02 PM
Jun 20, 2019 9:53 AM
Jun 2019
The hair color and hair style of the bride in the school trip episode was made to throw us off but if you guys read the manga the chapter where

DeadlyRavenAug 26, 2019 12:03 PM
Jun 21, 2019 1:01 AM
Aug 2013
Wait a minute

I just finished the anime and the girl in the wedding dress looked like an adult Miku

Can anyone help with this confusion
Jun 21, 2019 1:04 AM
Aug 2013
Azuciel said:
Hot take:

It's Miku.

Yes, i just finished anime i believe that it was Miku too

Any thoughts on this possibility given the picture in the final season 1 episode?
Jul 1, 2019 7:58 AM
Mar 2019
Well I don,t really know who will marry him
But I know the girl he mate at past it war yotsuba but I like miku and nino
Jul 10, 2019 2:57 PM
Mar 2016
Well it all depends;

Typical ending would be the first girl he met, so Itsuki, since that's usually the standard. Most harems end with the first girl winning so it's usually safest to bet on the first girl and you'll be right most of the time.

Harem ending because of some weird reason where all the girls end up with mc or they all end up being together in some way. The girls' father could say he wants a successor and picks Fuutarou so he has to marry one of the girls but can't choose so they all 'share' him. That's pretty out there in a non fantasy harem, I know, but this happens in harems for one reason or another since it's a safe bet. While unrealistic, no one losing meas you please most fans with their best girl not losing.

The very safe ending of "Let the audience use head canon to decide so we won't exactly name who it is" style of end. This would be safest to please the vast majority of people who want a more realistic ending because you won't piss off fans who's best girl doesn't win in the end nor will you piss off the ones that one ONE girl to win and not have the very unrealistic polygamous ending. Also there's always the fact the story doesn't really 'end' so there's always hope for more which keeps people engaged.

These are usually the 3 types that harem endings fall under because they're safe. However if I were personally choose, I would say Miku. Miku is the one that first develops love for him and she's the one that offered up the least resistance to study and want to be better for him. There's also the fact that she bonded far more with Fuutarou since he learned more history for her and she gets jealous of her sisters being with him even though she says she doesn't mind. I also think they are the most similar too, with similar interests. I would say realistically, or as realistically as a harem can be, Miku would be the one he falls in love with the most. But if I were to choose based on what we've got so far and how these things typically go, Itsuki would win because she was first girl and first girls typically win and she's super tsundere with him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 8:25 PM

Apr 2011
Well, in episode 12 in the church scene, Fuutarou crosses path with the guy who wanted do dance with Ichika. He was with the girl he danced with in the camp fire and knew him and his bride danced together. Actually, they were all in bed holding his hand but he had no way to know this. He only knew he was going to dance with Ichika so yeah... I think it's Ichika.
Jul 12, 2019 7:10 AM

Oct 2013
@Nyanda
Since Fuutarou was unconscious at that time, the only way Maeda could refer to other quints in the wedding is that they should reveal to Maeda, either directly or indirectly, that they held Fuutarou's hand in the inn, which is not yet happened in the manga.

Aside from the few remaining Ichikabros and sympathizers, the general consensus among manga readers is that Ichika has zero chance of being the bride due to her recent actions. All clues pointing to her being the bride are either ignored, forgotten, or dismissed as null and void.
Jul 14, 2019 4:19 PM
Jul 2013
Congintive said:
Temoblanks said:
I don't feel confidence in any sign of who it might be (if he even ends up with just one), because they're just going to throw hints and signs for every single one and at the end of the day they'll just use a deus ex machina reason to pick one.

I only watched the anime, and from what I've seen, I think the best choice would be Miku because she seems to be the only one who is truly head over heels for him while the others seem to be just infatuated or confused. If you see it in their perspective, Miku would be the most crushed, that is unless, like I mentioned, they do a deus ex machina saying that she no longer cares for whatever reason. And they will.

Now, Itsuki is by far the most logical choice they would go with. She almost seems like a co-protagonist herself. She is always center stage when something meaningful happens. Her personality is the most balanced, and while all the others were too quick to either like him or hate him, the relationship between him and her has the most natural flow to it. They also seem like they avoid her on purpose because she's so obvious.

MY personal preference is Ichika, I guess because she's the most mature and straightforward, but I don't see it.

I personally don't buy into the Tsundere bullshit, but the manga readers seem to be hard for Nino because of her development. That's the thing, again, like I said, they're gonna give merit to all of them. Just wait and sure enough there will be an arc that pushes Yotsuba like you wouldn't believe.

Whoever they choose is going to leave a sour taste because you're gonna say "What about all these moments with so and so? Did they mean nothing?". I like romance but this is why I can't like harems, there's no chance at a true romance. There's no winning.

Since season 2 of anime has been announced now u can see for yourself that why we manga readers love Nino so much.

I didn't mention any spoilers what so ever but just incase people think I did I covered it.
Jul 28, 2019 8:12 PM
Jul 2019
All I want him to be is with Miki...but as far as anime goes he is likely to end with Nino.

My favourite dere
Dandere Miki
Tsundere Nino

If he ends up with any other this manga and anime is waste of time
Please please end up with one of the two
Jul 28, 2019 8:41 PM

Aug 2018
Its so obvius based on the pattern of harem animes

1st girl met by the harem mc would likely be they will end up to each other

So its Itsuki, she the one who first met by futarou
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 30, 2019 1:39 AM
Jul 2019
LL-Kasu said:
Its so obvius based on the pattern of harem animes

1st girl met by the harem mc would likely be they will end up to each other

So its Itsuki, she the one who first met by futarou

If u go by that first person to fall in love and meet. Than all of it was Yotsuba not Itsuki. She confessed her love to him first. She made Futarou that promise when he was a child. Don't go by anime it's misleading if u talk all of anime n hair colour. They are quintuplets which means they look the same from hair colour to all they just changed in certain point of time so that it's easy for us n people to know who is who. If u go by the cliche route of first come first love it will be Yotsuba. After that second is Ichika than is Miku, than Nino and finally Itsuka. U can find it around chapter 85+ of manga what I m talking about
Aug 7, 2019 2:49 PM
Aug 2019
Miku. The show makes a point of telling the viewer which side she parts her hair on. While Nino doesnt really part her hair, the others at least show their bangs going the other direction.

I'd prefer Ichika, as she had the best character development and seemed to compliment him most as a match.

JetJaguireAug 7, 2019 2:57 PM
Aug 15, 2019 4:20 PM
Dec 2018
To me, Itsuki is the most balanced and thoughtful and the one who gets closest to him with his family. And they also have arguments where he actually apologises to her and considers his own actions. He seems to understand her more than the rest.

The wildcard, for me, is Yotsuba, she genuinely loves him, has supported him throughout, always talks about making great memories, follows him everywhere and has confessed to him on a number of occasions, more than anyone else, and it is always dismissed as comedy value. If the others were not on the scene, their relationship would be 100% romcom material. No crushes, no tsundere behaviour, she has been devoted to him throughout and it is staring us in the face that she loves him the most but is just too insecure to admit it and say it out loud. Whenever she goes to confess, she takes it back and runs away. But no one has supported him as much as her. It would only take a small plot twist for Fuutarou to realise that Yotsuba actually is capable of lying for him to realise that she loves him the most and has always been there for him, and maybe she isn't actually as dumb as she has been letting on.

But I think everyone is overthinking all the potential 'clues', the writer is in a position to throw any new light on past, present and future at any moment and that can turn everything on its head again. I'm sure there are still a few twists and turns to come but my money is still on Itsuki, based on her interactions with Fuutarou and the fact she hasn't gone overboard yet. I also think that Yotsuba and Itsuki have some kind of connection relating to the past which would make Yotsuba support Itsuki more than her other sisters.
Gab5Aug 15, 2019 4:48 PM
Aug 26, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

I added a spoiler tag to the title, but this is an anime discussion so please don't spoil the manga and use the spoiler tags if necessary.
Sep 5, 2019 9:18 AM
Feb 2018
This is the most comprehensive analysis of the manga and anime I've found:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3tJK_3nNg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaFwF5V4lx4

I agree with him that Itsuki and Nino are neck and neck but disagree about Miku being out of the running entirely.

Itsuki is only a front-runner though because she fits all the other harem tropes (first meeting, a combo of all the other sisters, center placement in promos and opening). Other than that, her character feels too distant to be a satisfying ending. The author criticized the first meeting harem trope which makes room for an upset.

The arguments for Nino and Miku are real and fleshed out well elsewhere including the videos shared above. But some important questions people are leaving out include:

What do we know about Futaro that might indicate who he chooses? (Paying closer attention to him might indicate more about who the bride is)

What is our idea of romantic relationships and how does that alter how we interpret what's going on on screen?

For example, it's been argued that Itsuki and Futaro are similar so they'd be a great couple. But that's an assumption based on a particular idea on romance. Equally as important to the Nino argument, it rests on the opposites attract idea.

My own biased opinion is that Nino is it for all of the normal arguments plus, the mystery surrounding Futaro and his departure from being the punk he once was and why he cares so deeply about studying now. His motivations don't feel complete in the answer he gives when asked about it. It doesn't do enough to explain the whole personality change and kind of alludes to the need for his own character growth and being true to himself in a way that Nino is more likely to unlock and appreciate than any of the other quints.

The creators really covered all their bases and made this a dynamic show that is too well thought out to be a everyone wins ending. I'm definitely looking forward to the second season.
Nov 29, 2019 4:37 AM
Nov 2019
I have a feeling there will be some magic thing that combines all five of them into one
Dec 3, 2019 1:56 PM
Nov 2019
Well I finished to the latest one but I still want either MIKU or ICHIKA to the one with him.
Dec 4, 2019 1:57 AM

Jul 2015
It has been confirmed, that the winner is

Dec 7, 2019 7:15 AM
Nov 2018
i'll be really pissed if he didn't marry miku
(no offence,its just my thought)
Dec 7, 2019 7:18 AM
Nov 2019
Dec 7, 2019 7:19 AM
Nov 2018
does anyone else want miku to be the one who should marry fuutarou?
Dec 7, 2019 7:20 AM
Nov 2018
Retri_Yukizawa said:
hell yeahhh miku <3
Dec 13, 2019 11:18 AM
Nov 2019
I guess it can't be helped I think it'll be Yotsuba but I'm still hoping that miku will be the one
Dec 16, 2019 2:59 PM
Dec 2019
Yup, it was Yotsuba. I kinda guessed after they revealed it was her whom he met when they were younger.
Dec 29, 2019 2:30 AM
Sep 2015
Well maybe the 5 of them fusion like how goku and vegeta did...XD
Dec 30, 2019 12:29 AM
Dec 2019
Ils ont révélé que Fûtaro avait rencontré Yotsuba quand ils étaient plus jeunes dans Manga (Papier) ?
Dec 30, 2019 6:34 PM
May 2019
Retri_Yukizawa said:
Miku may be the best girl...to us fans, but maybe not to him. I haven't read the manga (yet) but Wikipedia and few other previous posters have stated that
was the one he picked.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jan 12, 2020 5:55 AM
Oct 2018
Animelibary said:
can someone please tell me who futaro ends up with or is everyone on the same boat on not knowing who yet

It's obvious as hell guys
Remember the part where all his fingers were occupied by 5 girls, still do you think we need any more proof than that
It's a HAREM ending my best ending ^^
Feb 19, 2020 9:02 AM
Feb 2020
You all forget 1 thing. At least with twins a lot of times they are 2 parts on 1 person. And the anime hints at that type of ending as well. They keep saying they are 1 5th of a perfect person. So even if he married only 1 of the girls this time, u know for the crowd, who's to say they all don't get together in the end.
Feb 20, 2020 1:43 AM
Mar 2018
SaiJoe said:
Its miku guys, the way she looks like, her hair style, her expression the way she look to fuutarou i recognize that expression of her face.

The manga finished at it was || yotsuba ||, rest in peace all of you
Feb 20, 2020 6:50 AM

Oct 2014
Gonaz786 said:
SaiJoe said:
Its miku guys, the way she looks like, her hair style, her expression the way she look to fuutarou i recognize that expression of her face.

Well I only watched some episodes (I really have to finish season 1) and lemme tell you, This does not surprise me at all.

I mean She was the 1st one to accept him as her tutor.
So she was 1st girl in actually meeting him and accepting him. And in such stories, the 1st one mostly wins (or the last one).
Feb 25, 2020 5:46 AM
Jan 2019
Futarou married Yotsuba
Mar 17, 2020 11:17 PM
Dec 2017
Bourmegar said:
Gonaz786 said:

Well I only watched some episodes (I really have to finish season 1) and lemme tell you, This does not surprise me at all.

I mean She was the 1st one to accept him as her tutor.
So she was 1st girl in actually meeting him and accepting him. And in such stories, the 1st one mostly wins (or the last one).

Is this how you post replies? Idk I'm new. Yotsuba had the least romantic developments amongst the quints. She literally said it herself how she gave up and never made any romantic gestures to him. You could argue there were hints that Yotsuba would be the bride. My friend, ALL THE QUINTS HAD MAJOR HINTS. It's "5 equal brides," Negi literally made sure we'd keep guessing. There was no romantic tension, Yotsuba hardly is any different compared to the first chapter. Everyone supported him, Ichika, Miku, Itsuki, Nino and Yotsuba. Everyone had their own ways. I'm really disappointed how the romance and the epilogue was handled
Apr 13, 2020 11:12 PM
Jun 2015
Idk, I thought (and was rooting for) Miku. The anime mainly focuses on her developing feelings for Fuutaro while the others are merely developing friendships. Based on the hair color, and length, the bride is most likely to be Itsuki, Miku, or Nino. Personally, I think it should be Miku because the other two don't really show any interest in Fuutaro throughout the anime (probably because they are tsunderes but still).
Apr 28, 2020 2:26 PM
Apr 2018
Well i've got two theories:
1.When they were playing that game where Futaro was supposed to tell the sisters what kind of girls he is into he said:
3.Always cheerful
2.Good at cooking
1.Cares about her brother
And that is basically Nino in a nutshell

2.BUT in the anime we can see that Nino liked him only when his hair was blonde and at the wedding his hair was black and we can see that the Bride was holding her hands exactly how Miku was holding her hands when she discovered that she loves Futaro
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.