Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 30, 2019 3:17 AM

Apr 2019
The show deserve all it's hype, Isayama is a genius writer who is not afraid of taking risks, adding with WIT marveling animation, it will definitely go down as a classic once it finishes airing.
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
Apr 30, 2019 3:59 AM
Jan 2018
Can this series even be called shounen anymore.

And I don't see how people can call this series predictable .
Apr 30, 2019 4:05 AM
Jan 2018
Cycli said:
LordLagann said:

It's a non-starter

AoT is in line with shows like Fairy Tail or Naruto. A slight step above I'll admit but still shares that attitude towards storytelling; trickles progression, fluffs itself with filler and flashbacks, and ends up appealing to the same fanbase that spans almost every other Shounen title.

It's meh but people like it so whatever.

That is true, AOT is a shounen. It is not even that great. Unnecessary Flashbacks of an entire episode during a fight. Progression is so slow in a world without any knowledge. I think Fairy Tail and Naruto are better. They truly know how to handle shounen at is best. AOT has bad animation, bad soundtrack, bad seiyuus, boring plot and plastic characters. I really hope WIT can do something about this.

Fairy tail is hardly better it's literally all just power of friendship .and just got worse as it went on even the last season will be the worse of them all. It turned into a fanservice series . And all the girls are just there to show how big there boobs get each season
Mattinator95Apr 30, 2019 4:10 AM
Apr 30, 2019 4:30 AM
May 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Cycli said:

That is true, AOT is a shounen. It is not even that great. Unnecessary Flashbacks of an entire episode during a fight. Progression is so slow in a world without any knowledge. I think Fairy Tail and Naruto are better. They truly know how to handle shounen at is best. AOT has bad animation, bad soundtrack, bad seiyuus, boring plot and plastic characters. I really hope WIT can do something about this.

Fairy tail is hardly better it's literally all just power of friendship .and just got worse as it went on even the last season will be the worse of them all. It turned into a fanservice series . And all the girls are just there to show how big there boobs get each season

Having fan service isn’t bad, it sometimes comes with a better animations. My message was pure sarcasm to be honest. If you think Fairy Tail is better, that’s is great. If AOT isn’t your type of anime that is great, I hope you don’t hate it in a toxic way like people rating 1s. Instead of finding errors or things you dislike which in any anime are, try not think much about it, is a great anime and no one can’t denied that. Is not top 2 or course, but this is just an arc, is not even the entire anime overall. I love it even more because I read the manga, if you feel like it, you can take a look at it. Animes aren’t the one that get most of the hate, but a bad adaptation do. Imagine that Tokyo Ghoul could have been such amazing anime, but Pierrot messed it up. I hope you watch AOT, and if you feel like it, watch it all over again. We should be glad that some freak guys have worked hard to present us such beautiful adaptation. I which they could do this on even more animes.
Apr 30, 2019 4:31 AM

Apr 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Cycli said:

Man don't feed the troll, someone comparing AoT to Naruto and Fairy tail can't be serious.
Apr 30, 2019 4:34 AM

Jan 2019
LordLagann said:
WillofFire700 said:

Maybe you should try watching seasons 2 and 3. This show is nothing like Fairy Tail and Naruto. That is just objectively false.

Season one didn't leave me wanting more and I don't typically go for shows that pad out their air time with random story tangents and long winded expositions. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Fairy Tail or Naruto but it is the same genre of exhaustive and perpetually serialized works that get adapted into an Anime. In that vain it's very much like Fairy Tail and Naruto.

I usually have a kick out of over exaggerating likeness or differences but it is undoubtedly a Shounen. If the first season if indicative of anything it's that AoT isn't immune to these tropes, cliches, and traps that countless other titles proudly gloat. I haven't seen anything of S2 or S3 but I have an inkling it's not much better, or worse, then S1. Just more of the same meh.

Yeah it's a bit stubborn, and maybe even shortsighted, but I rather save myself the time and embrace the criticism rather than another "i'm gonna be different but only kinda" show.

Its really not, comparing it to FT and Naruto is just wrong, they might share 2-3 tags but they are completely different. Attack on Titans biggest and primary tag should be Mystery, not Action, not anything else, Mystery.

It might be tagged Shounen but its nothing like the other Shows (not that there is anything wrong with Shounen)
Apr 30, 2019 4:44 AM
Jan 2018
Cycli said:
Mattinator95 said:

Having fan service isn’t bad, it sometimes comes with a better animations. My message was pure sarcasm to be honest. If you think Fairy Tail is better, that’s is great. If AOT isn’t your type of anime that is great, I hope you don’t hate it in a toxic way like people rating 1s. Instead of finding errors or things you dislike which in any anime are, try not think much about it, is a great anime and no one can’t denied that. Is not top 2 or course, but this is just an arc, is not even the entire anime overall. I love it even more because I read the manga, if you feel like it, you can take a look at it. Animes aren’t the one that get most of the hate, but a bad adaptation do. Imagine that Tokyo Ghoul could have been such amazing anime, but Pierrot messed it up. I hope you watch AOT, and if you feel like it, watch it all over again. We should be glad that some freak guys have worked hard to present us such beautiful adaptation. I which they could do this on even more animes.

I don't think Fairy tail is great but I kinda like it more or less but it does get boring and repeative as it went on but I would never go so low and become a toxic hater . And I was kidding a little about the fanservice I liked fanservice now and then but it's over used in FT and takes away what the characters could have been.

And AOT was my first anime so I'm a bit biased so I like it a great deal.
surly everyone has that one anime where they are biased with that they like alot
Apr 30, 2019 4:47 AM
Jan 2018
Daphi said:
LordLagann said:

Season one didn't leave me wanting more and I don't typically go for shows that pad out their air time with random story tangents and long winded expositions. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Fairy Tail or Naruto but it is the same genre of exhaustive and perpetually serialized works that get adapted into an Anime. In that vain it's very much like Fairy Tail and Naruto.

I usually have a kick out of over exaggerating likeness or differences but it is undoubtedly a Shounen. If the first season if indicative of anything it's that AoT isn't immune to these tropes, cliches, and traps that countless other titles proudly gloat. I haven't seen anything of S2 or S3 but I have an inkling it's not much better, or worse, then S1. Just more of the same meh.

Yeah it's a bit stubborn, and maybe even shortsighted, but I rather save myself the time and embrace the criticism rather than another "i'm gonna be different but only kinda" show.

Its really not, comparing it to FT and Naruto is just wrong, they might share 2-3 tags but they are completely different. Attack on Titans biggest and primary tag should be Mystery, not Action, not anything else, Mystery.

It might be tagged Shounen but its nothing like the other Shows (not that there is anything wrong with Shounen)

Can it even be called a shounen ?? Sure maybe the first season . But dosnt it kind of slowy pull away from that.

Considering later point in the manga so wouldn't the term be action instead
Apr 30, 2019 4:48 AM

Apr 2013
Well I get hyped because the anime with the most interesting and intriguing story continues.
Apr 30, 2019 4:50 AM

Oct 2015
WillofFire700 said:

Each season has just been improving the quality and writing of the series and people who have stuck with it are starting to see that now.... Now 6 years later and 2 seasons later, it is no longer just a hype series, but one with excellent storytelling and fantastic writing.

Ummm... Id say that, if anything, this is the season scored most based on hype alone. What you mean with people are starting to see the quality writing? This first episode was simply a set up for what's to come and nothing else. If you are talking about manga readers scoring this a 10 then I'd understand, since they know what will happen, but anime onlies cant just be suddenly realizing how good the writing is from a set up episode.
Apr 30, 2019 4:51 AM
May 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Cycli said:

I don't think Fairy tail is great but I kinda like it more or less but it does get boring and repeative as it went on but I would never go so low and become a toxic hater . And I was kidding a little about the fanservice I liked fanservice now and then but it's over used in FT and takes away what the characters could have been.

surly everyone has that one anime where they are biased with that they like alot

Oh, so that was not long ago, I mean, I started watching anime 12 years ago. I only hope any anime could get a fair appreciation.
Apr 30, 2019 4:59 AM

Jun 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Daphi said:

Can it even be called a shounen ?? Sure maybe the first season . But dosnt it kind of slowy pull away from that.

Yeah this show is no way near being a Shounen in the later arcs.

Apr 30, 2019 5:00 AM

Jan 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Daphi said:

the line is very blurry, with the start of the season 4 arc when it is / if it is released, this line won't be as blurry anymore, you can call it shounen because due to the actual plot not being revealed until end of season 3 part 2/ season 4 it seems like a typical action oriented show and the characters are fairly young, so yeah the initial seasons can be called shounen definitely but overall if we look at the whole story its really more of a Seinen especially in S4/S5
Apr 30, 2019 5:08 AM

Apr 2015
Mattinator95 said:

Yojouhan said:

Yes it can ( and should ) be called a shounen as it still releases in a shounen magazine and is aimed at that demographic.

Since shounen is also not considered a genre it can move outside of what's conform & typical for the demographic its aimed at while still being a shounen.

Apr 30, 2019 5:09 AM
May 2017
Sasori_Nagashi said:
nanidatosama97 said:

The glory of this series is that, the characters dont know much more than we do, and we learn about the world at the same pace as them and grow along side them with the series. Each season the show becomes more and more complex, especially with season 3 part 1 and 2. The characters also get more and more growth each season. The deaths, theyre not really trying to "feels-bait", you. Its just showing how powerful the enemy is and that we should show some concern on how the survey corps is gonna survive this ordeal. Its one of the few series of anime/manga that executes the whole part of "is my favorite character gonna be okay?" or "is my favorite team going to be alright?" brilliantly for me because isayama is more than willing to off characters if it helps move the plot along and evolve it.

That much I can definitely respect about the series. A lot of anime series have a serious problem with avoiding death when there should be death, in order to make sure no fans lose their favourites I.E. Naruto up until the war arc and even then the death was kept to a bare minimum and was mostly nameless faceless nobodies and characters they felt safe wouldn't be TOO sorely missed.

But
So yea, Aot really isn't special when it comes to that.
Apr 30, 2019 5:15 AM
Jan 2018
Cycli said:
Mattinator95 said:

Oh, so that was not long ago, I mean, I started watching anime 12 years ago. I only hope any anime could get a fair appreciation.

To be fair I started watching anime roughly around 2015 - early 16 I think I can't really remember but I do remember that MYA S2 was half way done if I remember correctly as well as the last few episodes of god eater and tales of zesteria( the only shows I remember airing at the time ) but didn't make a Mal account till last year.
Mattinator95Apr 30, 2019 6:19 AM
Apr 30, 2019 5:35 AM

Jan 2019
Fappa said:
Mattinator95 said:

Yojouhan said:

Yes it can ( and should ) be called a shounen as it still releases in a shounen magazine and is aimed at that demographic.

Since shounen is also not considered a genre it can move outside of what's conform & typical for the demographic its aimed at while still being a shounen.

they are mainly referring to the Manga Arcs after season 3 part 2
which is anything except Shounen
Apr 30, 2019 6:37 AM

Apr 2019
Daphi said:
Fappa said:

You are mixing genres and demographics.

Shounen is not a genre. Mangas are labelled shonen, seinen, shojo... according to the magazine where they are published. Those magazines are aimed toward certain demographics. AoT is published in the Bessatsu shonen Magazine therefore its a Shonen.

The fact that it is a shonen doesnt prevent it from getting a very complex plot with morally grey characters.
Apr 30, 2019 6:44 AM

Jan 2019
Kilimini said:
Daphi said:

Shounen is not a genre. Mangas are labelled shonen, seinen, shojo... according to the magazine where they are published. Those magazines are aimed toward certain demographics. AoT is published in the Bessatsu shonen Magazine therefore its a Shonen.

The fact that it is a shonen doesnt prevent it from getting a very complex plot with morally grey characters.

Im not mixing anything, i very well understand the difference between genres and demographics, yet after s4 and s5 the content changes, shounen means its targeted at an audience under the age of 15 , content type influences by itself what audience is targeted not just the manner in which it is published, since the content type develops and changes, it is more reflective of seinen in s4 and s5 (the last 2 arcs in the manga)

but oh well its the same thing with Kuroshitsuji, which is categorized as Shounen but its obviously Shoujo~
DenkiDestroy99XApr 30, 2019 6:51 AM
Apr 30, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
Arkab said:
Never understood it either, maybe it has to do with novelty/timing I guess? Anyway I dropped it the first time I tried it, couldn't get past episode 3 after the potato-girl moment which looked pretty stupid, and the art I found it terrible, almost no consistency among characters-backgrounds, but I may give it another chance.

Now it's potato girl's fault. At least don't drop a show before it even started properly.
Apr 30, 2019 6:59 AM

Apr 2019
Daphi said:
Kilimini said:

Im not mixing anything, i very well understand the difference between genres and demographics, yet after s4 and s5 the content changes, shounen means its targeted at an audience under the age of 15 , content type influences by itself what audience is targeted not just the manner in which it is published, since the content type develops and changes, it is more reflective of seinen in s4 and s5 (the last 2 arcs in the manga)

Yeah Man i got your idea, Snk's story gets really deep and mature after chapter 90 and i love it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's plublished in the Bessatsu SHONEN magazine and it's therefore a Shonen.

Heck if One Piece get's published in the Ultra Jump next Month it wil become a seinen. Does it mean that its story is more mature than Snk's ? Hell no !
KiliminiApr 30, 2019 7:21 AM
Apr 30, 2019 7:05 AM

Jan 2019
Kilimini said:
Daphi said:

Yeah Man i got your idea, Snk's story gets really deep and mature after chapter 90 and i love, but it doesn't change the fact that it's plublished in the Bessatsu SHONEN magazine and it's therefore a Shonen.

Heck if One Piece get's published in the Ultra Jump next Month it wil become a seinen. Does it mean that its story is more mature than Snk's ? Hell no !

i get your point^^ makes sense but i disagree, you are right in theory if targeted audience was solely defined by the published magazine, as you said on paper its clearly defined by where its published, but in my eyes the words "shounen/seinen,shoujo/josei" as demographics, target audiences not just by where they are published but also but their content type, as you said Kuroshitsuji on paper is a Shounen, but clearly targets the Shoujo field, in the same manner i argue with AoT S4/S5 particularly (and the overall story/ Manga) targeting the seinen field, even if it is a shounen by definition because of where it is published

if One Piece was published in Ultra Jump it would still be a Shounen even if on paper it wasn't

its just a matter of how we phrase things i guess, but theoretically you are completely correct

i just think we shouldn't always define things in black and white
Apr 30, 2019 7:26 AM

Apr 2019
Daphi said:
Kilimini said:

Yeah Man i got your idea, Snk's story gets really deep and mature after chapter 90 and i love, but it doesn't change the fact that it's plublished in the Bessatsu SHONEN magazine and it's therefore a Shonen.

i get your point^^ makes sense but i disagree, you are right in theory if targeted audience was solely defined by the published magazine, as you said on paper its clearly defined by where its published, but in my eyes the words "shounen/seinen,shoujo/josei" as demographics, target audiences not just by where they are published but also but their content type, as you said Kuroshitsuji on paper is a Shounen, but clearly targets the Shoujo field, in the same manner i argue with AoT S4/S5 particularly (and the overall story/ Manga) targeting the seinen field, even if it is a shounen by definition because of where it is published

if One Piece was published in Ultra Jump it would still be a Shounen even if on paper it wasn't

its just a matter of how we phrase things i guess, but theoretically you are completely correct

Well yeah as you said, it's your interpretations of the terms and i see nothing wrong with that.

Regarding One piecei found this survey, i think you may find it funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/61rzo6/an_age_demographic_survey_among_the_one_piece/
Apr 30, 2019 7:30 AM

Jan 2019
Kilimini said:
Daphi said:

Well yeah as you said, it's your interpretations of the terms and i see nothing wrong with that.

Regarding One piecei found this survey, i think you may find it funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/61rzo6/an_age_demographic_survey_among_the_one_piece/

that is kinda funny, but it makes sense many people grew up with it and older people usually have money to buy shit, and younger people tend not to need it because technological evolution xD
Apr 30, 2019 8:23 AM

Oct 2016
Nostalgik said:
WillofFire700 said:

Each season has just been improving the quality and writing of the series and people who have stuck with it are starting to see that now.... Now 6 years later and 2 seasons later, it is no longer just a hype series, but one with excellent storytelling and fantastic writing.

Ummm... Id say that, if anything, this is the season scored most based on hype alone. What you mean with people are starting to see the quality writing? This first episode was simply a set up for what's to come and nothing else. If you are talking about manga readers scoring this a 10 then I'd understand, since they know what will happen, but anime onlies cant just be suddenly realizing how good the writing is from a set up episode.

Well for manga readers I was talking about them realizing from this point forward how much better the story got. For a anime onlies I was referring to them realizing the story progression from season 1 to season 2 to season 3 part 1 and being hyped for season 3 part 2. So yeah hype does play a huge part in it, but that hype is a byproduct of not only manga readers hyping it up, but also all the story events leading up to this season, which makes it feel like we're in for a giant climax.
Apr 30, 2019 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
nanidatosama97 said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

That much I can definitely respect about the series. A lot of anime series have a serious problem with avoiding death when there should be death, in order to make sure no fans lose their favourites I.E. Naruto up until the war arc and even then the death was kept to a bare minimum and was mostly nameless faceless nobodies and characters they felt safe wouldn't be TOO sorely missed.

Yeah, Id definitely read the manga and catch up with it, because everyone is insanely complex, and its fun seeing isayamas art quality improve each and every new arc. The manga is currently in its final stages, which means we only have like one more season of anime content left.
you sure S4 will be the last? Marley arc,can it be adapted into 12 eps?
Apr 30, 2019 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
laviha said:
you have a problem with accepting other's likes and dislikes, don't you op? But having a different taste than the majority is nothing to worry about
now wtf "OP" is here?
Apr 30, 2019 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
JakeShanks2001 said:
laviha said:
you have a problem with accepting other's likes and dislikes, don't you op? But having a different taste than the majority is nothing to worry about
now wtf "OP" is here?

It is how we address the one who created the thread
Apr 30, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
BestBoiEren said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?

has dbz, jojo. ttgl, mob psycho in favorites... yeah no point explaining
i dont have any prob with Jojo,Mob and TTGL but yeah DB is trash for me, other 3 are great. No point in explaining? you're one of those Cancer AOT fans who doesn't recognise JoJo as a masterpiece 🤦‍♂️, Mob was great, S2 had bad ending eps, Never watched TTGL but heard its great.
Apr 30, 2019 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
laviha said:
JakeShanks2001 said:
now wtf "OP" is here?

the one who creates a thread or you only address this guy as op?
Apr 30, 2019 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
JakeShanks2001 said:
laviha said:

the one who creates a thread or you only address this guy as op?

The one who creates a thread
Apr 30, 2019 10:59 AM
Feb 2016
I mean it's gets way better from here onwards
Apr 30, 2019 11:47 AM

Jan 2015
JakeShanks2001 said:
BestBoiEren said:

has dbz, jojo. ttgl, mob psycho in favorites... yeah no point explaining
i dont have any prob with Jojo,Mob and TTGL but yeah DB is trash for me, other 3 are great. No point in explaining? you're one of those Cancer AOT fans who doesn't recognise JoJo as a masterpiece 🤦‍♂️, Mob was great, S2 had bad ending eps, Never watched TTGL but heard its great.

jojo is good, but very much overrated tbh
Apr 30, 2019 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
laviha said:

Now it's potato girl's fault. At least don't drop a show before it even started properly.

If a show by episode 3 hasn't still "started properly" then when does it? 3 episodes is a sufficient amount of episodes to judge whether you want to continue or not.

And it wasn't only potato-girl, the whole stupid-looking naked giants eating people concept wasn't ever very appealing either.

But as I say, I may give it another try someday.
Apr 30, 2019 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Arkab said:
laviha said:

If a show by episode 3 hasn't still "started properly" then when does it? 3 episodes is a sufficient amount of episodes to judge whether you want to continue or not.

And it wasn't only potato-girl, the whole stupid-looking naked giants eating people concept wasn't ever very appealing either.

you could say attack on titan was a bit late at starting the actual plot
Apr 30, 2019 12:46 PM
Nov 2018
Arkab said:
laviha said:

Did you wanted the giants to have clothes and not eat people?, because that wouldn't be attack on titan, that would be an entirely different series. Also your disliking of the series is totally based in preference and taste not in actual flaws of the story or anything about the series, i could say that i don't like Naruto because i don't like the whole "ninjas killing people" thing but it wouldn't be a fair criticism because that's what the story is about.
Apr 30, 2019 1:05 PM
Aug 2018
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?

It builds up and gets deeper over time, plus the revelations are intense and the plot twists are mind f****ing you xD
Apr 30, 2019 1:08 PM

Dec 2016
LiedElfen said:

Did you wanted the giants to have clothes and not eat people?, because that wouldn't be attack on titan, that would be an entirely different series.

I didn't ask for anything regarding the giants; all I was saying was that didn't appeal to me.

LiedElfen said:
Also your disliking of the series is totally based in preference and taste not in actual flaws of the story or anything about the series, i could say that i don't like Naruto because i don't like the whole "ninjas killing people" thing but it wouldn't be a fair criticism because that's what the story is about.

But I was never making any criticism towards the series, all I was doing was stating the reasons why it didn't appeal to me, which is different from criticizing it. That's all...
Apr 30, 2019 1:28 PM
Mar 2018
Arkab said:
laviha said:

Ngl but the 3 episode rule is a shitty rule tbh , there are so many anime that have a slow start
Apr 30, 2019 2:44 PM

Jan 2019
@Arkab sad face^^ but if it doesn't appeal to you don't force yourself the potato thing is more of a joke and yeah the design of the titans is kinda a joke too, and you said the art was bad, but if those things bother you so much then its not for you thats for sure, i love the art, sasha is funny and ridiculous and the design of the titans, well it is what it is i don't really pry into that, my cousin said the same thing about finding it ridiciulous^^ you can compare it to dragonball, the ginyu force is ridiculous, the ozaru is weird af, but its just apart of its brilliance^^ if you don't like it, thats too bad, i personally love it
Apr 30, 2019 5:03 PM
Nov 2018
Arkab said:
LiedElfen said:

Did you wanted the giants to have clothes and not eat people?, because that wouldn't be attack on titan, that would be an entirely different series.

I didn't ask for anything regarding the giants; all I was saying was that didn't appeal to me.

LiedElfen said:
Also your disliking of the series is totally based in preference and taste not in actual flaws of the story or anything about the series, i could say that i don't like Naruto because i don't like the whole "ninjas killing people" thing but it wouldn't be a fair criticism because that's what the story is about.

But I was never making any criticism towards the series, all I was doing was stating the reasons why it didn't appeal to me, which is different from criticizing it. That's all...

Sorry i though you were trying to use those arguments as criticism towards the series, then if it doesn't appeal to you it's fine because all people enjoy different things, i suggest you to watch at least one or two more episodes though because i think it is actually worth it and the story is interesting and engaging.
Apr 30, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2019
I don't understand the hype for One piece, and Jojo or One punch man. I also never hype anything, even if i enjoy the hell out of the anime for example SnK or HxH. But i can tell if something is hyped it means lot of ppl like that series. That's all...
Merciful lies or painful truth?
May 1, 2019 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Attack on titans main strong point is the great plot progression. I do agree that most characters are pretty bland, yeah.

But imo plot > characters
May 1, 2019 6:20 AM

Oct 2015
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.

OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas. There are those whose job is to simply entertain and be a decent way to spend time.

Again didn't watch it, so I may not feel this way once I watch it. But that seems to be what the consensus among the seasoned viewers is.
Auron_May 1, 2019 6:30 AM
May 1, 2019 6:24 AM
Mar 2019
Orhunaa said:
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.

You know, there are people in this thread who are mature about it?
May 1, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2015
nanidatosama97 said:
Orhunaa said:

Man, the irony is real.

You know, there are people in this thread who are mature about it?

Yep, whom this remark is not directed at. Do I have to specifically write 'some repliers' for people to realize I'm not talking about literally everyone with no exception? I really hate this "Not all" argument in every discussion as it can be easily resolved if people had common sense enough to figure out that this nuance was already implied.
May 1, 2019 6:42 AM

Jan 2019
"OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas."

@Orhunaa then you've heard wrong, or you've heard from Anime only Watchers.
Its so fantastic because of its Story Telling perspective, you grow alongside the Characters who know nothing about the actual Reality and the World Building and Plot will only be revealed in this season.
Saying its popcorn flick when you haven't read the Manga and basing that on other peoples Opinions is incredibly ignorant.
It has incredibly intriguing ideas and has much more complexity and plot than it seems. The World, Writing, Mystery are the Main Points i personally love about Attack on Titan.
Its just, to actually understand what the Plot is about you need to read basically the whole Manga although up till Chapter 100 is good enough to understand what its actually about, and just to clarify, that would be season 4~, when it comes out.

But if you don't love the simpleness of it and are not intrigued by the World and Mystery, and aren't curious, then its just not for you, because it takes a long time to tell its Story.
DenkiDestroy99XMay 1, 2019 7:20 AM
May 1, 2019 7:15 AM

Jan 2019
RavaZa said:
This post has to be removed. Like... why was it made in the first place? It's like OP actually wanted to attract everyone toxic in this community and then split the community in half - those who like AoT and those who do not. If you don't like AoT - don't watch it, end of the story. Everyone has their own and personal opinions. Can't even watch anime in peace these days without someone shit talking about it jeez...

From what I understand, the guy isn't talking shit about anything...but some people are getting super defensive over it for absolutely no reason.

Guy is basically asking "I found the show a bit slow and character development a bit lacklustre. Does the story and character depth pick up pace as the seasons go on?"

There's nothing wrong with this question, man. It's fine, and a lot of people here have chimed in with some pretty good replies. This isn't a bait thread or a troll, and believe me, I've seen more than my share of that kind of thing over the last few days, lol.

Some of the replies here, though? Well, I'll just leave this here :-

May 1, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2015
Daphi said:
"OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas."

Its so fantastic because of its Story Telling perspective, you grow alongside the Characters who know nothing about the actual Reality and the World Building and Plot will only be revealed in this season.
Saying its popcorn flick when you haven't read the Manga and basing that on other peoples Opinions is incredibly ignorant.
It has incredibly intriguing ideas and is much more complexity and plot than it seems. The World, Writing, Mystery are the Main Points i personally love about Attack on Titan.
Its just, to actually understand what the Plot is about you need to read basically the whole Manga although up till Chapter 100 is good enough to understand what its actually about, and just to clarify, that would be season 4~, when it comes out.

But if you don't love the simpleness of it and are not intrigued by the World and Mystery, and aren't curious, then its just not for you, because it takes a long time to tell its Story.

Is this one of the "It gets better in the nth chapter trust me." moments?

I don't think calling me ignorant is justified here. I didn't present it as my own opinion but rather what I've observed from others. I also said that this might not be what I will personally feel towards the show after having seen it for myself.

Also, if the plot is intriguing and complex in manga but superficial in anime, it's still not a very good anime. It may be a good manga but that's beside the point. Having a good source material doesn't discredit the anime-only watchers' complaints and criticism of the anime. Only the show itself can do that. It's really baffling that this needs to be said.
Auron_May 1, 2019 7:24 AM
May 1, 2019 7:26 AM

Jan 2019
Orhunaa said:
Daphi said:

It has incredibly intriguing ideas and is much more complexity and plot than it seems. The World, Writing, Mystery are the Main Points i personally love about Attack on Titan.

Is this one of the "It gets better in the nth chapter trust me." moments?

I don't think calling me ignorant is justified here. I didn't present it as my own opinion but rather what I've observed from others. I also said that this might not be what I will personally feel towards the show after having seen it for myself.

Also, if the plot is intriguing and complex in manga but superficial in anime, it's still not a good anime. It may be a good manga but that's beside the point. Having a good source material doesn't discredit the anime-only watchers' complaints and criticism of the anime. It's really baffling that this needs to be said.

No, you don't get it, its just judging a Story based on what you've heard is nonsense, what makes it so magnificient is the whole Plot, which you just can't know/understand until you've seen all of it basically. Its the same in the Anime as it is in the Manga, it's just the Anime isn't far enough yet into the real Plot.

It's more than justified calling someone ignorant who bases his Arguments on "what he has heard" and hasn't seen the whole thing.
And the last thing you said is axiomatic, i don't know why you even bothered mentioning it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.