Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, King with that shirt while playing video games.

Looks like we got see some Metal Bat this episode. Such an underrated character We're also getting the martial arts tournament arc and there's a lot of names on there! Lol, Saitama with the fake hair.

Just another episode of hero vs monster action. I am actually glad to see more Metal Bat this season.

Apr 30, 2019 9:54 AM

Aug 2017
Hey, much better than the last episode. I really like Metal Bat.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 30, 2019 10:00 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Garou's small flashback was in this episode. Also, we get some Metal Bat action in this episode. I should have expected Metal Bat's, um, metal bat getting the same metal gradient. Doesn't look as bad on the bat, as it does on Genos.

The centipede is CGI as expected, but it doesn't look bad. Better than stillshots I guess. Metal Bat vs. Centipede is definitely more limited than the last episode. I'm pretty sure the best animation cut was actually just Metal Bat eating that sushi.

Pacing definitely feels a lot slower than expected. Maybe they're rearranging the chapters because I really expected Garou vs. Metal Bat to be in this episode. Definitely not that well-animated this time. But I don't care much about this episode anyways. If this episode is limited for the sake of Garou vs. Metal Bat in the next episode, I wouldn't mind, especially since it's my favorite Garou fight and Metal Bat's only memorable fight.

Also, Suiryu, lol.

After rechecking the manga, there's actually a lot of anime-original scenes in this episode. Glad that they're not just trying to do a panel-by-panel adaptation and are willing to add extra stuff.
GoldenDevilGamerApr 30, 2019 10:40 AM
Apr 30, 2019 10:02 AM
Feb 2019
I expected the CGI and was worried, but it actually looked good... thank you JC Staff..
Apr 30, 2019 10:12 AM
Sep 2016
This was an alright episode and probably the best thus far, but this season hasn’t really done much for me. Maybe it’s the fact that I literally watched the first season a few days ago and the downgrade is so obvious? I don’t know.

Though I have been enjoying the story for the most part then the first season. Feels more connected and with an actual solid villain, that makes me happy.
It really do be like that though.

Apr 30, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2014
That CGI centipede popped from the flat art too much to look like it was part of the show, but in a vacuum it isn’t awful. Good framerate and shadows, but the rest wasn’t visually appealling in the slightest. At least seeing Metal Bat in action again was cool.
Apr 30, 2019 11:01 AM
Feb 2018
Already the 3rd episode in a row where there's almost no Saitama at all. This second season should've been called "Dudes no one heard and cares about".
Apr 30, 2019 11:12 AM

May 2016
The animation was pretty good imo.
Metal bat is sure awesome already love his characteristics.

Need moar Saiatama :[
Apr 30, 2019 11:16 AM
Sep 2015
Garo kid version is so cute!!!! I want to..... to him..... and.... with... until he....
Apr 30, 2019 11:17 AM
Nov 2018
This show improved infinitely since ep 2. I was looking forward to a mini tournament arc, seems we have to week to watch it. But im not complaining this ep was really good
Apr 30, 2019 11:18 AM
Nov 2015
This episode was quite well produced!
The CGI for Centichoro worked out great.
Apr 30, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
well at least the animation production is not yet blowing up and in fact there is still some 1-2 sakuga moments so far in each episodes that aired

for those that gonna hate on the 3DCG its expected since 3DCG is use in anime more now a days mainly to speed up the production process, ye 3DCG is still more expensive to make this days compared to 2D animation but using 3DCG is more worth it just to meet the deadline or else the anime studios will lose customers (which are the future production committee that funds any anime)

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Already the 3rd episode in a row where there's almost no Saitama at all. This second season should've been called "Dudes no one heard and cares about".

Raizel said:

Need moar Saiatama :[

get used to it since Saitama is always gonna arrive late and do not have the spotlight most of the time even in the manga or the original webcomic

this show is all about giving the spotlight to the side characters more
Apr 30, 2019 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
well if u didnt notice, its about the monster and gyaru or whatever his name is
Apr 30, 2019 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode, but I don't know what is wrong with me, I can't handle the CGI anime...
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Apr 30, 2019 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
It was pretty good overall. I enjoyed the Metal Bat action this week.
Apr 30, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
another episode with solid animation, if continues like this will be a good adaptation.

There was a shot right at the end that made Garo look dorky af, but that was it

edit: a word
Apr 30, 2019 11:40 AM

May 2018
Surprisingly good looking CGI in this episode though not much animation this time, a hell lot of (good looking btw) still shots. Not as good as episode week ago but still enjoyable one.

I'm looking forward to next week episode, looks like it's gona be filled with fights (Saitama on tournament and Garou vs Metal Bat). Hope you won't mess it up J.C.Staff...
Apr 30, 2019 11:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I thought this episode was pretty boring. Saitama was not there half of the episode.

I missed Fubuki too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2016
I WISH I was someone who could watch this episode and think it had any sort of good animation. This is probably the worst episode yet for me, visually but also in direction. One Punch Man always did a good job of never feeling cringey despite the story and characters (that otherwise could so easily be in the wrong hands), but this season has done it. I can't take Garou, a character I otherwise absolutely love, seriously at all in this. Please stop spamming that GODAMN track over and over JC. I can't. Please. And what is with those blaring bass horns in the park? Is this a cheap Hollywood B-movie trailer?

The tan shading shit looked especially bad this episode too..

And was I the only one that noticed the audio imbalance at 12:11, at the start of Saitama's line? What was that?
ZaugrApr 30, 2019 11:53 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2019 11:48 AM
Apr 2016
Eh, good episode, except it was rather slow paced. Well, S Class heroes sure are not a joke, they're powerful, and rather cool, haha. Oh well, next episode should be great (?)
Apr 30, 2019 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Farabeuf said:
I thought this episode was pretty boring. Saitama was not there half of the episode.

This is going to be the norm from now on. Don't expect Saitama to have the screentime he had in the first season.
Apr 30, 2019 11:56 AM

Sep 2018
Damn why is it so short? i thought i would finally see Kinzoku Batto's sister, where is Metal Bat's little sister? Tournament is gonna begin next episode i suppose, they nerfed Metal Bat's hair, i thought he would have a hairstyle like Higashikata Josuke but it isn't that bad, they put all their animation budget for this episode on Eldder Centipede and Centisenpai's animation was flawless as well, can't wait for the next episode, finally got to see Kinzoku Batto getting pumped up get animated
Apr 30, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to see Metal bat in this episode.

Looking forward to seeing Saitama in the tournament.

Apr 30, 2019 11:58 AM

Dec 2018
This episode was damn good!!
Apr 30, 2019 12:01 PM
Apr 2019
justasadguy said:
This episode was damn good!!
https://youtu.be/9dVE2nxlQVg πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Apr 30, 2019 12:02 PM
Apr 2019
Leo said:
Nice to see Metal bat in this episode.

Looking forward to seeing Saitama in the tournament.
https://youtu.be/9dVE2nxlQVg πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Apr 30, 2019 12:03 PM

Jun 2017
While the animation wasnt bad, the sound design in this episode was D:
it was not only all over the place but the hits really sounded bad.
Apr 30, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
Garou's past was so innocent that it was kind of funny.

Saitama traumatised Garou to the point that he ended up forgetting the previous day's event. Haha.

Who is that Bat guy? He is not very interesting. The only thing I liked about him was the fact that he was a yankee hero.

Not enough Saitama this episode. His scenes are always the best.
Apr 30, 2019 12:14 PM
Feb 2016
And just like that, we're back to static animation. I even predicted they were gonna have to use CGI on the giant centipede monster. That and Garou's design (especially the face) goes off model a lot of times. It isn't consistent and it's bugging me

It wasn't full on bad, but I didn't feel any excitement like last weeks episode unfortunately. I'm starting to wonder if episode 3 is the best we're gonna get from this season cuz now I'm worried again. I was hoping it'd pick up after episode 3, but now I'm starting to think this is what it will be like with slow declines. God pray I'm wrong

3/5
Apr 30, 2019 12:15 PM
Feb 2016
Zaugr said:
I WISH I was someone who could watch this episode and think it had any sort of good animation. This is probably the worst episode yet for me, visually but also in direction. One Punch Man always did a good job of never feeling cringey despite the story and characters (that otherwise could so easily be in the wrong hands), but this season has done it. I can't take Garou, a character I otherwise absolutely love, seriously at all in this. Please stop spamming that GODAMN track over and over JC. I can't. Please. And what is with those blaring bass horns in the park? Is this a cheap Hollywood B-movie trailer?

The tan shading shit looked especially bad this episode too..

And was I the only one that noticed the audio imbalance at 12:11, at the start of Saitama's line? What was that?

I don't like the tan and gradient shadings on the characters now. It looks like they went into a tanning booth at 100%

May 2017
the plot was not that great to be honest but metal bat is such a cool character so I still enjoyed it. Same with Garo. I love his presence in the show. Animation was good! Every episode delivers atleast a few good animation cuts which I very much appreciate. The centipede guy switched from 2d to 3d quite a few times and this is one of the rare cases where I thought that the CGI looked good! very happy about it. Garo vs Metal Bat next episode !! the cliffhanger..

Also loving the ost! So far this adaptation has been a positive surprise
Feb 2016
Katojana said:

Yeah, the sound for the fights and especially the giant centipede were not that great sadly. Kinda threw me out of it

May 2015
This episode was pretty decent. It pretty much felt like a season 1 episode of One Punch Man.

The only thing that wasn't the same was the fight scenes and explosions but other than that pretty good episode.

It seems they're getting better with the animation. Or they just purposely made the first few episodes bad to make it seem its gotten better. But either way good episode.

Also I still don't buy Metal bad being an S Class hero, like he's literally just a guy with a bat. No matter how many monster I see him kill he's still just that.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 30, 2019 12:22 PM

May 2017
DarknessReality said:

Also I still don't buy Metal bad being an S Class hero, like he's literally just a guy with a bat. No matter how many monster I see him kill he's still just that.

And saitama is still just a guy that one shots everyone. whats so hard to believe about metal bat being in S class
Apr 30, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2017
I feel like this season really isn't that great... so far i'm disappointed. We've hardly seen Genos and Saitama at all. No where near the same level as season 1
Apr 30, 2019 12:57 PM
Sep 2018
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

It will be a theme throughout the whole season. This is a significant change in the One Punch Man series, that the author is also starting to focus more on other characters, rather than letting them being paper weight. As a consequence, it will feels like they are focusing less on Saitama. I personally appreciate the change, but that's subjective.
Apr 30, 2019 1:11 PM
Mar 2019
What I liked about this episode so far... The characters, fucking love metal bat he is such as badass. And the ending, I'm expecting the fight to be as epic as the manga. Overall, the pacing is odd and slow from first second to last,. I don't like this episode besides the build up for garou vs metal bat and the appearance of metal bat and elderly centipede, though a downgrade. The animation, well frankly, it was bad as hell and it's quite apparent. Probably one of the worst episode besides episode 2. They botched the other action compared to the manga. And more importantly.... What the fuck is that sound effects, it's horrendous jesuss.... They should have kept the previous one in the first season.

Also, the change of art style is inevitable.
AnubisSchuApr 30, 2019 1:19 PM
Apr 30, 2019 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Jeez that was a damn good episode. The CGI on the centipedes was actually pretty good. Elder Centipede's face looks about just as creepy as its in the manga.
Apr 30, 2019 1:22 PM

Oct 2011
I enjoyed the episode.

Apr 30, 2019 1:35 PM

May 2016
Too much needless talk interspersed with short bits of action. Who cares what Charanko and mumen Rider thinks about Saitama?
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 30, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
Supersky said:
Katojana said:

Yeah, the sound for the fights and especially the giant centipede were not that great sadly. Kinda threw me out of it
The blue centipede attack sounds like a whip

Love Garou OST tho.
HyackApr 30, 2019 1:50 PM
Apr 30, 2019 1:47 PM

Dec 2016
Amazing episode like always 5/5
Can't wait for the next episode
Apr 30, 2019 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
wow that episode was really bad.

Animation was average at best and nothing interesting happened at all. Not to mention they spent way too much time with the scene of Saitama trying to hide behind the newspaper.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 30, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 2014
animation was okay (for JC) CGI was rather decent even (for JC)
sound kinda wasnt really
But all that doesnt matter. EP FELT WAY TOO SHORT

I have the impression OPM 2 is going to be "interesting" by having Saitama doing nothing much? Looking forward anyway.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 30, 2019 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
I was hoping that the fighting tournament would start in this episode, so I was a bit disappointed that it didn't. Still there was plenty of other reasons why I liked this episode.

One of those was Metal Bat. He does live up to his name AND rank and made easy work of the first wave of monsters. However, his battle got tougher against the centipede and sleep-inducing flower monster that did put him in a bind, but after whacking himself on the head, he got hid act together and pummeled them both with his bat.

But that wasn't the end of it, as the elder centipede came along, with that heavily detailed wrinkled face and had a bit of a hard time. To matters worse for Metal Bat, Garo then comes along and demands a fight with Metal Bat. Poor guy had it rough, but I'm looking forward to seeing these two duke it out next time, along with the martial arts tournament.

The sound effects was still hit and miss, but the animation was still very good, though. The CGI used for both the centipede senpai and centipede elder was good as well. =)

All in all, this was a pretty good episode. It doesn't match last week's one, but it's still good anyways.
Apr 30, 2019 2:16 PM
Dec 2018
Can anyone tell me what is the name of the music that plays when Suiryu appears in the end of the episode and thanks
Apr 30, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2016
They do a good job following the manga, i like this epiosde alot
Apr 30, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2015
shayed__ said:
DarknessReality said:

And saitama is still just a guy that one shots everyone. whats so hard to believe about metal bat being in S class

Its just a thing that I cant really believe. I don't really have any reasoning behind it its just when there's psychics and superpowers I find it hard to believe a guy with a bat managed to rise through the ranks. But I guess that's just because he got in before that A class 1 dude was around.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 30, 2019 2:20 PM
Oct 2015
kater_tot said:
I feel like this season really isn't that great... so far i'm disappointed. We've hardly seen Genos and Saitama at all. No where near the same level as season 1

there isnt much saitama in this part of story ...more like side character
pratiksingh1594Apr 30, 2019 2:27 PM
Apr 30, 2019 2:21 PM

Dec 2017
While I think the animation was overall decent this episode (props for integrating the CG centipede with the show's overall aesthetic), I was really put off by the soundscape. Something about the centipede monsters' attacks just didn't... feel like attacks. Like, Metal Bat's getting the ship kicked out of him and it sounds more like bondage play than he's taking actual damage. Combined with the sloppy editing and the action is still struggling to manage any real sense of impact. Definitely disappointing.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.