Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2015
don't really see what's predictable about the first season but ok.

For me personally, what I liked about the show and what keeps me watching is the world of AoT itself. It's full of mysteries and each season just keeps on adding more and more questions than the last. The action is more of a plus side honestly. The story took another turn after the 1st season . From just aspiring to kill those heaps of meat, it changed to wanting to know the truth behind everything and that's the selling point.
EGOISTApr 29, 2019 7:51 AM
Apr 29, 2019 7:49 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
WillofFire700 said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?

The reason you made this thread is probably because you think the score is too high. And you should probably realize that the score isn't this high purely because of hype. Season 1 and Season 2 were really hyped, but the score never reached these heights. Each season has just been improving the quality and writing of the series and people who have stuck with it are starting to see that now. The series may not be for you and that's fine. I just feel like initially when AOT came out, people were just not giving it a fair chance because of all the hype. Now 6 years later and 2 seasons later, it is no longer just a hype series, but one with excellent storytelling and fantastic writing.

I couldn't care less about the scores. I use this site for discussion and catalogue of the series I've watched. Every time a new season or whatever has come out for this series there has been huge hype with fans. It's a popular series with a very avid fan-base.

The thread exists for that first reason, discussion. I don't know why so many spergs are adverse to discussion.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 29, 2019 7:50 AM
Jan 2018
I’ve started to love this show after 2nd series.. i wasnt interested in first season too
Apr 29, 2019 7:52 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
8Mafii said:
I’ve started to love this show after 2nd series.. i wasnt interested in first season too

Thanks for the input.

Apr 29, 2019 7:54 AM

Oct 2016
Sasori_Nagashi said:
WillofFire700 said:

The reason you made this thread is probably because you think the score is too high. And you should probably realize that the score isn't this high purely because of hype. Season 1 and Season 2 were really hyped, but the score never reached these heights. Each season has just been improving the quality and writing of the series and people who have stuck with it are starting to see that now. The series may not be for you and that's fine. I just feel like initially when AOT came out, people were just not giving it a fair chance because of all the hype. Now 6 years later and 2 seasons later, it is no longer just a hype series, but one with excellent storytelling and fantastic writing.

I couldn't care less about the scores. I use this site for discussion and catalogue of the series I've watched. Every time a new season or whatever has come out for this series there has been huge hype with fans. It's a popular series with a very avid fan-base.

The thread exists for that first reason, discussion. I don't know why so many spergs are adverse to discussion.

Ah alright then. Well hopefully some of the posts here have helped answer your questions.
Apr 29, 2019 7:56 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
WillofFire700 said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

Ah alright then. Well hopefully some of the posts here have helped answer your questions.

Yeah, some of the replies have been really good and made me think about the way I've been a bit hasty to judge as well as suggested things like reading the manga which I will give some serious consideration.

Apr 29, 2019 7:58 AM

Nov 2014
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

its called the sequel effect, just look at jojo, haikyuu or gintama. but this time is an anime i enjoy so no problem lol.

also linked horizon is back at the OP that hypes a lot
Apr 29, 2019 8:16 AM
Jan 2019
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Ricochet2000 said:
Dude you have superior taste than the majority then why are you asking penny humans like us what to watch and not.Maybe the characters in Dragon ball and hellsing have more depth and groundbreaking plot

Your sperg fit that someone dare question your beloved series aside, the characterization in Dragon Ball is some of the weakest in anime. It largely gets by with fans (and admittedly myself) for the nostalgia factor of it being some of the first anime available on mainstream outlets when we were younger.
tell me one thing have you watched snk season 1 whole or you are just criticizing it by watching 2-3 episodes
Apr 29, 2019 8:21 AM
May 2018
AniMEHLover said:
nanidatosama97 said:

A lot of those people who dropped during the reveal didnt give the story change a chance, lol.

I gave it a chance. It still didnt work. But I heard that....

Spoiler:
Currently in the manga, yes. But very injured.
Apr 29, 2019 8:37 AM
May 2018
Sasori_Nagashi said:

Why so much contempt into this Anime? Overrated? Don’t make me laugh. Is sad that there is actually people that watch this anime in order to satisfied themselves from what the hear. Because it couldn’t be your type doesn’t mean is great. FMAB was not my favorite anime at all, but I recognize how well written and directed was. That is why is the best anime. You can’t say this anime is bad because of this and that when they haven’t show even an itch of what it really is about. Why so much hype? Because this anime is one of the greatest in this generation, and also because as a manga reader, this is one of the best arcs in anime.
Apr 29, 2019 11:00 AM
Mar 2019
A big part of the AoT fandom have read the manga, but still can't help but watching the anime adaptation simply because it's an amazing adaptation. Thus, the manga readers know that the upcoming arc is of immense greatness and superior than any other arc. The strongest, most interesting and mysterious character is finally
Apr 29, 2019 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
Daphi said:
Funseco said:

its because you have a superior taste.

ur sarcasm just gets boosted beautifully by that horse avatar, what manga is that from? its hilarious

are you being ironic or you dont know? the horse avatar is from shingeki no kyojin chapter 109 when gabi is in the stables
Apr 29, 2019 12:14 PM

Jan 2019
Funseco said:
Daphi said:

ur sarcasm just gets boosted beautifully by that horse avatar, what manga is that from? its hilarious

are you being ironic or you dont know? the horse avatar is from shingeki no kyojin chapter 109 when gabi is in the stables

AHHH i forgot about that, it just looks ridiculous i must not have paid attention to this magnificients horses face thanks for enlightening this peasant :D
Apr 29, 2019 1:40 PM
Jun 2016
A JoJo fan complaining about a series being overhyped. I've seen it all.
Apr 29, 2019 2:21 PM
Jul 2013

Yeah, some of the replies have been really good and made me think about the way I've been a bit hasty to judge as well as suggested things like reading the manga which I will give some serious consideration.[/quote]

I am confident that you will enjoy what the 2nd and 3rd season has to offer. For me its the approach to the story telling given the information privy to us and the characters, the soundtrack is beautiful and nostalgic given the wait; and action scenes are well choreographed in my opinion.
Apr 29, 2019 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
if you are not curious about who will survive in the end, what are those giant eating humans are or basically you do not like the human apocalypse scenario after finishing at least the first episode then nah this is not for you
Apr 29, 2019 2:37 PM

Sep 2018
The Story is good the Characters are nothing special at least before Chapter 90 of the Manga...its still one of the most hyped series because its well done and yea has action...i like it but its nothing super special...my rating for the Manga before Chapter 90 is 7/10 and after its around 8.5/10...i like the anime more because yea its very well done so far the anime is around 7.5/10 with this Season ending at Chapter 90
-Mullerio-Apr 29, 2019 2:43 PM
Apr 29, 2019 2:46 PM

Sep 2009
Sasori_Nagashi said:

It's a non-starter

AoT is in line with shows like Fairy Tail or Naruto. A slight step above I'll admit but still shares that attitude towards storytelling; trickles progression, fluffs itself with filler and flashbacks, and ends up appealing to the same fanbase that spans almost every other Shounen title.

It's meh but people like it so whatever.
Apr 29, 2019 3:36 PM

Oct 2016
LordLagann said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

It's a non-starter

AoT is in line with shows like Fairy Tail or Naruto. A slight step above I'll admit but still shares that attitude towards storytelling; trickles progression, fluffs itself with filler and flashbacks, and ends up appealing to the same fanbase that spans almost every other Shounen title.

Maybe you should try watching seasons 2 and 3. This show is nothing like Fairy Tail and Naruto. That is just objectively false.
Apr 29, 2019 3:53 PM

Aug 2016
Personally, I just watch AoT as a fun action/mystery series with a plot that's often engaging and (aside from S1) well-paced. Don't really care for most of the characters, though.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 29, 2019 4:17 PM
May 2018
LordLagann said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

It's a non-starter

That is true, AOT is a shounen. It is not even that great. Unnecessary Flashbacks of an entire episode during a fight. Progression is so slow in a world without any knowledge. I think Fairy Tail and Naruto are better. They truly know how to handle shounen at is best. AOT has bad animation, bad soundtrack, bad seiyuus, boring plot and plastic characters. I really hope WIT can do something about this.
Apr 29, 2019 4:18 PM

Sep 2009
WillofFire700 said:

Maybe you should try watching seasons 2 and 3. This show is nothing like Fairy Tail and Naruto. That is just objectively false.

Season one didn't leave me wanting more and I don't typically go for shows that pad out their air time with random story tangents and long winded expositions. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Fairy Tail or Naruto but it is the same genre of exhaustive and perpetually serialized works that get adapted into an Anime. In that vain it's very much like Fairy Tail and Naruto.

I usually have a kick out of over exaggerating likeness or differences but it is undoubtedly a Shounen. If the first season if indicative of anything it's that AoT isn't immune to these tropes, cliches, and traps that countless other titles proudly gloat. I haven't seen anything of S2 or S3 but I have an inkling it's not much better, or worse, then S1. Just more of the same meh.

Yeah it's a bit stubborn, and maybe even shortsighted, but I rather save myself the time and embrace the criticism rather than another "i'm gonna be different but only kinda" show.
Apr 29, 2019 4:21 PM

May 2015
I didn't enjoy the first season all that much either, the pacing was too slow, the story didn't capture me like I expected it would based on the hype, I didn't really care about the main three characters, the animation felt lacklustre at times. But it was fine overall and I continued watching just to see where this is going and you know the second season was better, albeit this time the pacing felt rushed. But at least I started to get more interested in the overall story and there was more focus on other more likeable characters. Season 3 was so far the best for me, they finally nailed the pacing, animation was almost perfect, the story got deeper and even the MC grew on me as a character.

If you don't completely hate it I suggest keep watching. This series actually gets things explained and there is character development, so whatever issues you might have now they might be resolved later on.
Apr 29, 2019 4:23 PM
May 2018
LordLagann said:
WillofFire700 said:

Season one didn't leave me wanting more and I don't typically go for shows that pad out their air time with random story tangents and long winded expositions. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Fairy Tail or Naruto but it is the same genre of exhaustive and perpetually serialized works that get adapted into an Anime. In that vain it's very much like Fairy Tail and Naruto.

I usually have a kick out of over exaggerating likeness or differences but it is undoubtedly a Shounen. If the first season if indicative of anything it's that AoT isn't immune to these tropes, cliches, and traps that countless other titles proudly gloat. I haven't seen anything of S2 or S3 but I have an inkling it's not much better, or worse, then S1. Just more of the same meh.

Yeah it's a bit stubborn, and maybe even shortsighted, but I rather save myself the time and embrace the criticism rather than another "i'm gonna be different but only kinda" show.

I agree with you. I don’t recommend you to watch S2, or S3, just don’t watch it. Is really bad, everything is pure cliche unlike Boruto Next Generations. That is the best anime in history, I recommend you to watch it. You don’t need to watch Naruto, because Boruto>Any other anime character or anime. Have a wonderful day.
Apr 29, 2019 4:42 PM
Jul 2017
Hey, I hope I'm not too late to join the discussion.

I can definitely see where you're coming from. As someone who's read the manga twice now, I can say without a shadow of doubt that the first season sucked ass. It wasn't terrible, don't get me wrong, but compared to the seasons/chapters that follow, season 1 is nothing but a Hollow thrill ride. Sure, it served a very important purpose, that being world bulidng, but that's about it.

So, if you're slightly interested in seeing how things will turn out, then I would highly recommend watching it. Season 1 can be a drag, and Season 2 definitely has some pacing issues, so my advice to you would be to stick to it. Season 3 is a huge turning point for the franchise, and it's why it has become my favourite arc.

I read this thread a little bit and I saw a few people mentioning how the basement reveal changed the series.
I just wanted to add to that statement. Post chapter 81 attack on titan has become my FAVOURITE series, period. There's a massive shift in writing style, which in my opinion was a bold and yet smart choice made by Isayama. Honestly, if Isayama kept trying to make his previous style of writing work, I think the series wouldn't have made it much farther.
Apr 29, 2019 4:44 PM
Jul 2017
LordLagann said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

It's a non-starter

Not at all. Important flashback scenes are not the same as filler. To call AoT a series full of Filler like naruto actually made me physically hurt irl.
Apr 29, 2019 4:49 PM

Jan 2017
I enjoyed the original season but after that it quickly lost its X factor for me. Not to say its not good but it may just not be for you.
Apr 29, 2019 4:58 PM

Sep 2009
SassyRiolu said:

Not at all. Important flashback scenes are not the same as filler. To call AoT a series full of Filler like naruto actually made me physically hurt irl.

Your pain puts a smile on my face :)

Being frank though I just have an issue with flashbacks; especially how the industry handles them. It's almost like a pseudo spin off. They go into way too much detail for it to be a flashback, it can take up to an entire episode (or arc) worth of time, and it hardly ever has that much bearing to the plot at hand to justify all that screen time. It might as well be filler.

I just think it's a peabrained and amateur mistake to shove an origin story smack in the middle of a story; or in S1 of AoT abruptly and out of thin air 2-3 episode into the show. It's asinine.
Apr 29, 2019 5:12 PM

May 2018
I really do have a sincere passion for AOT and it's my opinion that the series transmits a strikingly vivid realism to it's viewers! It is not dissimilar to the World War 2 documentaries that they show you in History Class at school. It feels like the Ultimate War, the War to end all Wars - period! Evacuating the displaced, distressed and distraught refugees, the military hierarchy with its own complex system of rules and etiquette, and a last ditch attempt at survival against overwhelming odds - with spectacular feats of heroism, selflessness and badassery to boot. Season Two is a pretty crazy ride for sure but there's nothing superfluous, each of the twelve episodes is perfectly weighted and the revelations about Rainer and Berthold are mind blowing, I totally didn't see that coming! Ymir's little Titan was cool in a grotesque way and there was a nice backstory to her character, and although she seemed cold, distant and selfish she appeared to have genuine feelings for Historia. The first part of Season Three was thought provoking and complex - we see human versus human action and conspiracies and political intrigues for the first time. All in all what I've seen so far has been AMAZING on a truly EPIC scale, and the soundtrack has enhanced and complemented the mood perfectly: D
Apr 29, 2019 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
LordLagann said:
SassyRiolu said:

Your pain puts a smile on my face :)

Being frank though I just have an issue with flashbacks; especially how the industry handles them. It's almost like a pseudo spin off. They go into way too much detail for it to be a flashback, it can take up to an entire episode (or arc) worth of time, and it hardly ever has that much bearing to the plot at hand to justify all that screen time. It might as well be filler.

I just think it's a peabrained and amateur mistake to shove an origin story smack in the middle of a story; or in S1 of AoT abruptly and out of thin air 2-3 episode into the show. It's asinine.

People that watch season 1, think it is just a mindless flick series.

And I can see why some person would mistake the series like that if they are looking at the series at surface level.

Also your season 1 criticism is outdated, like 2013 outdated, especially like the manga the series is nothing like the first season now, you could say it has matured in every aspect possible, and I meant that literally.

Not only that the author has improved on his writing as time passes by.
keragammingApr 29, 2019 5:28 PM
Apr 29, 2019 5:29 PM

Sep 2009
keragamming said:

And I can see why some person would mistake the series like that if they are looking at the series at surface level.

Also your season 1 criticism is outdated, like 2013 outdated, especially like the manga the series is nothing like the first season now, you could say it has matured in every aspect possible, and I meant that literally.

I'm not surprised it's outdated because my extent of AoT is basically that; the first animated season of AoT back in 2013. It didn't wow me and I'd say it probably even infuriated me as it was one of the shows that rode in on the wave that SAO brought. Yeah, needless to say it didn't escape overly critical wrath.

I am also strictly speaking about the show as I mainly concern myself with that is interpreted on screen. I've heard from here, and off hand elsewhere, that it's managed to drag itself out of the mud but I'm just not the type that's interested in a show's growing pains. You'd call it a learning experience in school but I'd call it a flop in the real world. It lost me all those years ago and I'm not particular interested in going back.

I'm happy for the loyal fans that the show has gotten better but I've moved on and there's no love loss here. Yall can blame S1 for that lol
LordLagannApr 29, 2019 6:41 PM
Apr 29, 2019 5:32 PM

Jul 2017
If you wanted lore of the world than part 1 of season 3 has plenty of that.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Apr 29, 2019 6:00 PM
Dec 2015
Sometimes I believe that one’s enjoyment of a show is inversely proportional to their expectations of it.
Judging from your tone, you seem to have delved into Attack on Titan with very high expectations (which I personally believe it fulfils with its great storytelling and animation) but this may also hinder your overall enjoyment of the show.

In regards to your question about the lore, I assure you that more and more mysteries will be uncovered as you continue to progress through the story.

Additionally, I’m confused when you say “bad animation bad soundtrack “ especially when this anime has been regarded and awarded the highest quality anime ever produced, but okay. It’s like saying Marvel’s Endgame has bad animation.
W123Apr 29, 2019 6:04 PM
Apr 29, 2019 6:25 PM
Mar 2018
agreed lol. really hate mikasa because she is so protective of erin and its so annoying
Apr 29, 2019 7:06 PM

Aug 2016
BestBoiEren said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

has dbz, jojo. ttgl, mob psycho in favorites... yeah no point explaining

All those shows are superior to Attack on Titan. We know. No point explaining.
Apr 29, 2019 7:40 PM

Jan 2017
"we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building"

You are not supposed to "feel bad" about anything. This isn't a "muh feels" show. It's a bombastic action series with intriguing mystery and political elements. If you don't enjoy the action sequences and if you aren't intrigued by the world building and the big ass titans then the show is probably not for you.
Apr 29, 2019 7:40 PM

Feb 2019
"...We are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building..."

That's what the first few episodes of any show would be about. Characters are built from scratch. If you find them to be bland, that's because they're a sheltered and traumatized picture of humanity. It's realistic for someone who grew up without much stimuli to have a simple personality. The characters grow out of that and become more complex with time. They grow as the breadth of their world does, as a metaphor for shedding ignorance, which becomes a major theme toward the end of the manga.
Apr 29, 2019 7:51 PM

Aug 2017
Sasori_Nagashi said:

It's called opinion.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 29, 2019 7:57 PM

Apr 2016
I would say it's really hard to determine whether one likes the entirety of AoT by just watching the first season. There are people who dropped the second season because it was much different than the first one. Then there are also people for whom the only reason to watch season 3 was the fact that season 2 was MUCH better than season 1 in their opinion ()that would be me), and then there are manga readers who know everything up to this point in manga and just want to see it animated.

Really don't know what to say aside from the fact that the second season is an entirely different animal and season 3 goes even further beyond (he he) from how season 1 started, so I'd stand by "just skim the manga a bit and see if it is of interest to you". Even if you spoil yourself to death, you can still watch the anime later if you realize you like the series, and if you don't - well, you saved yourself a bunch of time.

As for me, I have a love/hate relationship with the series.
Apr 29, 2019 8:00 PM

Apr 2016
Sasori_Nagashi said:

If you think it's predictable, might i ask if you can predict everything on the next season with your own completely spontaneous answer?
Apr 29, 2019 8:49 PM

Oct 2017
This is when AOT to me started to really uptrend as a series into probably one of my favorite action shonen (though I always really liked it) with this arc (though the two after it could push it into dethroning FMA for me really depends on the ending). A lot of people rating this highly are either just ranking it based on the fact they really love this arc and WIT is doing a really good job on the animation so far.

As scores come in the rating will drop though I mean as a JoJo fan you should know that. I remember when Part 5 came out people were complaining about the score being too high or those rating even ahead of the show airing.

I will say this is the last arc of classic AOT the story does take a sharp turn after this arc. It would just be interesting to see your prediction on how the plot and characters turn out. Some will love that change (even some meh or who dislike AOT) and some long time fans may not like it. I know I loved it.

This arc tends to be considered the best of AOT though split between the manga fandom if its this one or the one after it (I prefer the one after and am more hyped for a S4). Though of those keeping up with the manga this one and the one after it are always in the top 3 usually trading 1/2 respectively. AOT is one of the few action shonen in my opinion that honestly got better as the story got closer to the end. If the ending is good that will hold true.

That said again this is just an aggregate rank most hyped shows will start really high and see their scores drop a bit so just relax.
BilboBaggins365Apr 29, 2019 8:54 PM
Apr 29, 2019 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
hey op, u know what, as someone who watched those fuckin dumbass 3d aot movies, just quit!

people have shit taste, they'll watch anything. garbage gets hype .............

you clearly arent keen on aot anymore, do yer self a favor and quit!

I know I did!
Apr 29, 2019 10:03 PM
Apr 2017
Sasori_Nagashi said:

it's not for you
for me i watched the first 2 season for JOJO and i hate it so much and i didnt get it
why some people love this show
but i know its different from one to another
so dont get mad most of the people find it so epic and one of the best anime ever
Apr 29, 2019 10:33 PM
Sep 2016
Its highly overrated because of shonentards giving it 10/10 after one episode.
Apr 29, 2019 11:18 PM

Oct 2013
LordLagann said:
keragamming said:

I'm not surprised it's outdated because my extent of AoT is basically that; the first animated season of AoT back in 2013. It didn't wow me and I'd say it probably even infuriated me as it was one of the shows that rode in on the wave that SAO brought. Yeah, needless to say it didn't escape overly critical wrath.

I am also strictly speaking about the show as I mainly concern myself with that is interpreted on screen. I've heard from here, and off hand elsewhere, that it's managed to drag itself out of the mud but I'm just not the type that's interested in a show's growing pains. You'd call it a learning experience in school but I'd call it a flop in the real world. It lost me all those years ago and I'm not particular interested in going back.

I'm happy for the loyal fans that the show has gotten better but I've moved on and there's no love loss here. Yall can blame S1 for that lol

Not saying snk season 1 was a mess, love it back then and still love it now. I knew early that there was more than meets the eyes, base off its foreshadowing in season. Most persons love it for its great action scene and other reasons, I like it for that as well, but what really got me into the series was the lore of the series.

I'm also a big sucker when it comes to mystery thriller series, that is why lost is one of my all time favorites, even though it had such a atrocious ending imo.

I know that a lot of persons have move on, and I'm actually glad that those people move on, as I would be baffled that people would stick to something that they obviously don't like.

Also its really a stretch to say snk ride off sao hype, a year after sao release, it's pretty obvious why snk became such a mega hit that surpass sao imo, walking dead and game thrones were popular and is still popular to this day, and u can't deny the concept of humans fighting naked giant human like creatures using 3d gear to fly around like spiderman was unique and still is unique to this day.

keragammingApr 29, 2019 11:22 PM
Apr 29, 2019 11:22 PM
Mar 2018
nekoeren said:
HotPocketChris said:
agreed lol. really hate mikasa because she is so protective of erin and its so annoying

Lol that's funny because there's literally an explanation in the manga as to why she's so obsessed with Eren. And no, it's not because she's a dumb teenage girl in love.

Y'all really stopping yourselves from reading one of the best manga's out there for such stupid things (that will most likely be explained later). There's a lot of forshadowing in the story, everything is connected. Isayama dosen't do shit for no reason.

I know why she is protective over him. its cuz eren saved her life when they were little. still doesnt dismiss the fact that her overprotective tsundere personality is annoying
Apr 29, 2019 11:35 PM

Jan 2018
I agree with a lot of your points OP. I still found SNK to be pretty enjoyable, though. It doesn't ever transcend the level of just being "good" for me, but I would say it's worth the watch. The first season was easily the worst one, in my opinion, but it started to pick up a little bit in S2 and S3.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 29, 2019 11:49 PM
Apr 2016
I was preparing to get appalled for yet another thread like this... and it actually turned out into a legit discussion. Of course, some rednecks did not even bother reading and accused the thread host of having bad tastes or other nonsense... At least this time I am not one of them. Good thread, I approve.
Re:formed
Apr 30, 2019 1:19 AM

Jan 2009
Sasori_Nagashi said:
"wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

lots of suddenly dead characters gets more screen time later on through flashbacks or backstories, thats how this show is
Apr 30, 2019 2:48 AM

Jun 2016
The show only gets better from now on. I'd say we're almost at the part where it turns from Shounen to Seinen.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.