Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 29, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Dororo...tied up on a horse this episode. However, I have to admit that her captor has a sense of humor and isn't truly evil.

Pretty violent episode though. Nowhere is safe in this show, not even in the waters when hungry sharks wants to eat you alive. I love how brave Dororo is though. She's fearless when facing off against those sharks underwater.
Apr 29, 2019 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
Damn Dororo with dem mad skillz

Also glad to see the animation back to normal. Seems like Jukai's gonna make a return next ep
Short_CircutApr 29, 2019 1:55 PM
Apr 29, 2019 10:41 AM
Nov 2018
What did you watch it on
Apr 29, 2019 11:21 AM
Sep 2016
i hope itachi gets eaten by a shark
Apr 29, 2019 11:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It seems delayed for some reason?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 29, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
So ... im guessing the sharks can walk ?
Apr 29, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Dororo got mad survival skills...brave and courageous.
Bloody episode.
Apr 29, 2019 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
Damn you Itachi!!!!!
how dare you do that to Dororo?
I hope shark boy kills him.
Will Hyakkimaru come to save her? I'm starting to lose hope now.
Apr 29, 2019 12:08 PM

Feb 2018
Guess I'm watching this tonight or tomorrow since Amazon Prime Video is late once again... why are they doing this?
Apr 29, 2019 12:24 PM

Apr 2017
well that was sad. i actually really like shark boy! he's really interesting and kinda creepy but he's really cool.

once again, fuck itachi. hopefully hyakki will come save dororo once he gets another prosthetic leg, which it looks like he will, judging by the after-credits.

also, amazon prime back it again with the late uploads......
Apr 29, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2010
Poor Dororo, robbed of dignity and money. I hope Itachi dies a gruesome death!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 29, 2019 12:53 PM
Feb 2017
I really liked this episode even though Hyakkimaru got like 2 seconds of silent screentime and honestly I would gladly see all the characters in this episode (except Dororo and Hyakki) die.
Itachi is definitely a bitch but not a completely rotten one - he just cares about surviving rather than any higher ideas Hibikuro had and honestly - I can't even blame him. Those times suck, there's constant war and he does what he feels like he needs to do in order to survive. He makes his path over corpses, but is willing to spare people he doesn't need to kill.
Dororo, on the other hand - is very strong and had good intentions towards everyone but she definitely is too soft, as seen in this episode. I understood when she was telling Hyakkimaru not to kill people and cared for them, but this is what war is about:killing. It's either to kill or to be killed and it's too much for her to kill someone. She even helped her enemies and the result is: she either lost her father's treasure or sentenced them to terrible death by sparing the baby shark (which was definitely not what she wanted to achieve)
Side note: the preview for the episode 7 OMG I CAN'T WAIT
Apr 29, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2017
This was such a great episode because we got to see how brave, smart and resilient Dororo is even without Hyakkimaru. She's a survivor! But i do hope they find each other again soon!

Kitty-KateJul 31, 2019 9:46 AM
Apr 29, 2019 1:03 PM
Jan 2019
Shark boy is a really interesting character, i hope we get to see more of him. And he really looks like an older male version of Dororo, doesn‘t he? Liked this episode very much and the animation was better again, not like last weeks mess. Hyakkimaru, where are you when we really need you?
Apr 29, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
yay the animation/direction-wise feels normal again although animation still not strong. Anyway this was good episode and really shows us more about Dororo's good sides which I didn't much realised when she was around Hyakkimaru. Curious to see Hyakkimaru's side soon too.
Apr 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Feb 2016
Seems like this show recovered from the horrendous last week episode, the animation and directing went back to normal thankfully.

I agree with most here, Itachi deserves to be eaten, specially after what he did to Dororo.

Can't wait for Hyakki to be back in action, hope he gets soon his prosthetic leg...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 29, 2019 2:27 PM
Apr 2016
Holy heck, the guy sure is psycho, good lord how many humans he probably fed the sharks... I like how Dororo and Itachi communicate a lot like family, though, not on the best terms. Really good episode.
Apr 29, 2019 2:43 PM

Nov 2016
Kyaaah, Dororo can't get married anymore :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2019 2:46 PM
Dec 2011
What the Heck is happening with the animation?
Apr 29, 2019 3:36 PM
Apr 29, 2019 3:42 PM
Dec 2017
Just realized now that Dororo is in fact a girl...anyone else or am I the only one being retarded?
Apr 29, 2019 3:48 PM
Mar 2018
Good to see the animation back to normal again.
Apr 29, 2019 3:57 PM

Aug 2018

Fucking pigs. I hope aniki kills them all.
Apr 29, 2019 4:10 PM

Sep 2011
Itachi went and betrayed his friends for more "power" and acknowledgement from the samurai/the lord he sold his friends to, only to be left to die in the end. Fitting, and at least he realized that those with power think little of the common people like him. The guy with the sharks was insane though, feeding his precious sharks with a whole village, after feeding them with corpses and his own arm, like that. Dororo was really brave coming up with that plan to kill the one that was guarding them though. She trusted her life to the man who caused the death of her parents by betraying his own people, and who also defiled her mother's grave as if she weren't even allowed to rest in peace. I mean, I guess surviving took priority over anything else, there was no choice, and she wasn't going to be left to die since their lives were on the stake too, but still.

And I thought that Dororo's map would be safe, but Itachi ended up seeing it in the end. It would be really frustrating if this 'great source of power' ended up on his hands. I don't think he has vision enough to make good use of it. Not that Dororo has it right now, but at least she doesn't want it now. Then again, one of those sharks is still very much alive, and it seems to be/have become a youkai too. Itachi's time may be up after all. I'm happy that Hyakkimaru is really on his way to meet the doctor again by the way! But I do wonder how Dororo is going to survive that by herself if she is also targeted by the remaining shark.
Apr 29, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Decent episode, the animation was better this week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2019 5:05 PM
Dec 2017
The recap and the abundance of still shots made me freak out at first at the beginning, but thank goodness the animation and pacing are top notch again. Sharkboy (Shiranui, was it?) immediately got me interested, and as much as I love Hyakkimaru, a Dororo-centric episode is a fantastic change of pace. Awesome that the titular character gets more focus! Also Jukai is awesome!!!
Apr 29, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2015
I liked Itachi, he has that likable persona even though he is suppose to be a bad guy. I understand why he is obsessive with the stash since he went through a lot. But Jiromarou is coming for their asses though.

Guess Hyakkimaru won't be involve in the rescuing of Dororo this time around, since he seems to be taking a detour to his former master/guardian.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 29, 2019 7:01 PM

Feb 2015
And people tried to pass Itachi off as a decent person. Dude's a selfish dick. How people think he's likable or charismatic is beyond me, all he does is be a selfish tool. I'm kind of annoyed at the consistent "let's all be friends and hold hands and sing" kind of bullshit this episode and the lack of hate for the ya know, fucking grave robber who ruined and basically killed off Dororo's parents.

This is kind of losing steam for me. It's gone from a solid 8.5 to a 7 at best.
Apr 29, 2019 7:08 PM

Jun 2015
Original story, nice. Kinda feel bad for Saburomaru.
Apr 29, 2019 8:28 PM
Mar 2015
My poor Jiromaru It must have hurt
Apr 29, 2019 9:49 PM
Jan 2016
Good Episode!

Proud of Dororo for being so brave!

Shard boy was interesting, looks next episode the other shark will do something!

Hope Itachi die somehow!
Apr 29, 2019 11:04 PM

May 2015
Itachi betrayed Dororo's family for the money...And he even dug up her mother's grave just for the map.

That must hurt for Dororo to be strapped behind the horse like that as it gallops...

Sharks! And this guy fed the entire village to them! Everyone is evil here!

Wow...these sharks are surprisingly well-trained to restrain from eating the rest...

And Itachi betrayed his leader...all for nothing. Tsk tsk tsk...

Hehehe, fish floating upside down when they're dead always looks hilarious to me...

Can't wait to see what happens next. Sad to not have Hyakkimaru here, but having a Dororo-centric arc is refreshing.

Hyakkimaru's guardian is still alive and well? Reunion!
TarotistApr 29, 2019 11:09 PM
Apr 29, 2019 11:09 PM

Feb 2015
Sharks...... really?
Apr 29, 2019 11:31 PM

May 2015
I didn't care much for Dororo at the beginning but she's really grown on me, it would be great to see an older version of her.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Apr 30, 2019 1:02 AM

Feb 2018
- out of all things they decided to go with sharks , REALLY ? .
- dororo jumping in the water bit was the dumbest thing i have seen from this anime .
- why did the bandits leave the dude who just killed half of their squad ? not to mention the whole village too .

NGL these last few episodes have been a big disappointment .
Apr 30, 2019 1:52 AM

Aug 2012
So I am guessing the two sharks are actually monsters and that the remaining one will be able to walk on land.

Vladesu said:
Just realized now that Dororo is in fact a girl...anyone else or am I the only one being retarded?
this was revealed in an episode way back when Dororo had a fever and a nun undressed her
nightcrawlercypApr 30, 2019 1:55 AM
Apr 30, 2019 3:31 AM
Mar 2019
Damn!!! Never knew what dororo was capable of!! She's the nicest cutest and the most caring person in the show!!
Wondering hyakki will come to save dororo or not.
I guess jukai is gonna die?? Maybe 😕😕 but if he does hyakki will be left with dororo only and he must protect her at all costs!!
Itachi the bastard!😤😤 He stripped dororo naked in front of everyone I'm NOT... gonna forgive him for that. wish aniki cuts him into pieces also the shark dude is fucking crazy!!
Apr 30, 2019 5:26 AM

Jul 2014
So, I guess Jiromaru is going to become another demon, and that'll be used to bring Hyakkimaru back and reunite him with Dororo. Well, aside from that predictable set-up, this was a solid episode, certainly a massive improvement from the abject disaster of last week.
Apr 30, 2019 5:46 AM

May 2014
Shark boy is great. I missed seeing Hyakkimaru this episode though.
Apr 30, 2019 6:00 AM

Dec 2014
Like many other have said, I'm assuming those sharks are gonna be able to walk on the land now. Probably have some demonic/humanoid form. Let's see.

I felt bad for Dororo with the way she was forced to reveal her Dad's secret. :(

Where exactly is Hyakkimaru roaming around? Looks like he's gonna go meet the doctor who gave him his limbs now.
Apr 30, 2019 6:42 AM

Mar 2016
Hyakki barely got any scene at all. :(

Dororo was awesome on the boat. This men were all quite cowardly.

I hope Itachi gets killed in a way that he appears in the list of 'most satisfying videos' .

The single arm guy looks important because of his design, but so far he hasn't done anything.

Can't wait for the next episode. Seems like Hyakkimaru and the creepy man will reunite.
Apr 30, 2019 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
felt bad for dororo..... that was so awful what they did to her... yes also hoping they would die
Apr 30, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
lmao I thought the nun was misinterpreting dororo's look and saying she was a girl
I am so dumb to realize he is she just now
Apr 30, 2019 1:59 PM
Apr 2016
It was obvious the sharks became demons after the insane kid fed them with people. And this is where Hyakkimaru comes in.
I hope Itachi survives. Gets nothing and just runs away after making a heel-face turn.
Re:formed
Apr 30, 2019 2:07 PM
Apr 2016
Yautja said:
And people tried to pass Itachi off as a decent person. Dude's a selfish dick. How people think he's likable or charismatic is beyond me, all he does is be a selfish tool. I'm kind of annoyed at the consistent "let's all be friends and hold hands and sing" kind of bullshit this episode and the lack of hate for the ya know, fucking grave robber who ruined and basically killed off Dororo's parents.

This is kind of losing steam for me. It's gone from a solid 8.5 to a 7 at best.

You are giving one man too much credit. All he did was be in it for his well-being, without ambitions and foolish bloodthirst for anyone. Dororo's father seen it coming from miles away, the way he was living would only ever end in how it did. Dororo's mother would have also... had to share the burden of their past lives. Itachi did dig her corpse, but not because he wanted to desecrate her. He genuinely felt sorry for what he had to do, only for it all to turn out to be wrong, since his ataman was right. He is still the good old Itachi we know - out for himself and his little vagabond squad. He is not an evil man per se, he is just a man, with all the pluses and minuses the class usually gets. Not forgiving him for whatever he has done is one thing, but expecting him to meet the cruelest end is another.
We might be having a little misunderstanding here. This series is a big fantasy tragedy will themes of crime and punishment, wrath and mercy repeating on a weekly basis. Even monsters get sympathy here (not right here, these sharks I'd burn). So if you are getting riled up over one pitiful brigand,... you might have missed the messages all over the place.
Daniel_NaumovApr 30, 2019 2:10 PM
Re:formed
Apr 30, 2019 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
The animation went back to normal, thank god.
I felt so bad for poor Dororo. Poor girl, she has been through so much.
I can't believe they left Shark boy go though... that was so extremely stupid. "Oh yeah, he killed dozens of people in cold blood including our men, and he still has one shark friend alive and ready to eat us all... but no, we'll let the mass murderer go, because ????" ok show.
May 1, 2019 2:09 AM

Aug 2017
Zapdos said:

Yeah the animation has degraded a lot from the start of 2nd cour

still, the storyline is good so I'm ok.
May 1, 2019 2:51 AM

Feb 2019
Awww :( I felt bad for Dororo and her secret was out. No one would like it when someone forces you to get naked. I wonder how will Itachi die?
HYAKKI SAVE DORORO PLES D:
owkey
May 1, 2019 3:40 AM
Jan 2018
Zapdos said:

Same thing that happens to every series that runs for two cours .
May 1, 2019 5:19 AM

Jul 2016
phxntomhiveghoul said:
well that was sad. i actually really like shark boy! he's really interesting and kinda creepy but he's really cool.

once again, fuck itachi. hopefully hyakki will come save dororo once he gets another prosthetic leg, which it looks like he will, judging by the after-credits.

also, amazon prime back it again with the late uploads......

Itachi... the guy who is just trying to get ahead in the world (remember he did not betry Dororos parents until after getting slapped around for suggesting they take up a lord) is shit but shark boy who fed an entire village to sharks is cool...

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by Chlatra »»
Mar 20, 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.