Forum Settings
Forums

What shows do you really want to watch, but you are too lazy/busy?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 21, 2019 8:56 PM
Mar 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
I've been tired from homework, so I've been putting off these anime, because I've been in the mood for light-hearted anime.

Texhnolyze
Boogiepop Phantom
Dororo
Kurozuka
Perfect Blue
Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms

Perfect blue is pretty great, if you have a couple hours to spare I highly recommend
Apr 21, 2019 8:58 PM

Oct 2013
Deeboy said:
Setsuei said:
Out of everything on my long ptw list Cowboy Bebop is the one anime I've been going back and forth on about whether or not to watch the most.

It's only 26 episodes and it's a classic. Why not?

I just get the feeling I won't enjoy as much as most people do.
Apr 21, 2019 9:04 PM
Mar 2018
Setsuei said:
Deeboy said:

It's only 26 episodes and it's a classic. Why not?

I getcha. I think either way it's an important anime to eventually watch at least. I think that for me at least its a show that resonates with me in how certain aspects of it makes me feel. I think if you judged cowboy bebop episode by episode it would just be a good show. But I think as a whole it's really something special. But when it comes to things like this, it's best to not think too much about how you're supposed to feel or think about it. Just enjoy the ride :)
Apr 21, 2019 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
Deeboy said:
HopefulNihilist said:
I've been tired from homework, so I've been putting off these anime, because I've been in the mood for light-hearted anime.

Texhnolyze
Boogiepop Phantom
Dororo
Kurozuka
Perfect Blue
Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms

Perfect blue is pretty great, if you have a couple hours to spare I highly recommend

I love psychological, so I have little doubt I'll love it.
Apr 21, 2019 9:08 PM

Oct 2013
Deeboy said:
Setsuei said:

I getcha. I think either way it's an important anime to eventually watch at least. I think that for me at least its a show that resonates with me in how certain aspects of it makes me feel. I think if you judged cowboy bebop episode by episode it would just be a good show. But I think as a whole it's really something special. But when it comes to things like this, it's best to not think too much about how you're supposed to feel or think about it. Just enjoy the ride :)

This is true. Yea, I'll probably give it a try at some point.
Apr 21, 2019 9:09 PM

Sep 2017
basically every anime on my ptw list LMAO
Apr 22, 2019 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
It's ridiculous but dragon ball and Pokemon
Apr 22, 2019 3:12 PM
Dec 2018
One Piece!! No explanation needed.
Apr 22, 2019 3:17 PM

Nov 2017
Minerbit said:
I really want to see the Higurashi franchise, many people see it as a classic, but ... are too many chapters. I'm too much lazy. sometimes see a anime of more than 13 chap becomes difficult.

Don't watch it man, I had the same thoughts as you but the shows pretty much a mess. I regret going two seasons in.
It's not like I like anime or anything.

Apr 22, 2019 4:03 PM
Feb 2017
AngryCactus said:
Minerbit said:
I really want to see the Higurashi franchise, many people see it as a classic, but ... are too many chapters. I'm too much lazy. sometimes see a anime of more than 13 chap becomes difficult.

Don't watch it man, I had the same thoughts as you but the shows pretty much a mess. I regret going two seasons in.

I disagree, I found the show entertaining and the second season really made it come full circle.
Apr 22, 2019 4:11 PM

Nov 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
AngryCactus said:

I disagree, I found the show entertaining and the second season really made it come full circle.

Well, I did drop it a few episodes from the end, so maybe it does get tied together nicely like you said. Are the subsequent seasons any good?

Apr 22, 2019 4:44 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty much everything until I clear my DVD/BD backlog that's piling up right now.

The first person who quotes this gets to decide what I watch next, go!
KruszerApr 22, 2019 4:52 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 22, 2019 4:52 PM
Feb 2017
AngryCactus said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Well, I did drop it a few episodes from the end, so maybe it does get tied together nicely like you said. Are the subsequent seasons any good?

I mean I'm not saying the ending is everyone's cup of tea, and I definitely don't know how well you enjoyed it but if you really didn't then I would recommend to just not watch it. I haven't watched any of the seasons after Kai.
Apr 22, 2019 5:15 PM

Nov 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
AngryCactus said:

I mean I'm not saying the ending is everyone's cup of tea, and I definitely don't know how well you enjoyed it but if you really didn't then I would recommend to just not watch it. I haven't watched any of the seasons after Kai.

I can't exactly remember what ticked me off about it, its just a general feeling, so maybe I'll go back and watch the last few episodes to refresh my memory.

Apr 22, 2019 5:31 PM

Sep 2018
Monster, Bleach, Nani, Soul Eater. Maybe after I finish the 2019 challenge.
Apr 22, 2019 5:31 PM
Feb 2017
Anything that has more than 24 episodes. Even sometimes I still think 24 episodes is still too much for me. Lately I've been busy with uni, so there's that.

Gintama, One Piece, Slam Dunk, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon are mainly the series I've been wanting to see but I can't since each series have more than 100 episodes! Even One Piece is still ongoing now lmao

I have watched some episodes here and there for all the series I mentioned except for Gintama. I really want to know the story all the way from the start till the very end.
Apr 22, 2019 6:06 PM

Aug 2017
Aastra343 said:
Monogatari series comes to mind, I don't even know in which order it's supposed to be watched. And the fate franchise as well.

I hope this can help you ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2019 6:31 PM
Mar 2016
Monster's synopsis was very intriguing, but I keep putting it off
Gintama
Fate series
Monogatari Series
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Naruto Shippuden
Apr 22, 2019 6:35 PM

Jul 2016
Gintama. It looks like a lot of fun but damn 200+ episodes. And "it doesnt get good till about 40 eps in"
Apr 22, 2019 6:44 PM

Mar 2019
Shows in my Plan to watch list and my watching list
"You're having lewd thoughts aren't you?"
"My thoughts are a hundred times more lewd that what you're imagining."

--Sakurajima Mai and Azusagawa Sakuta Bunny Girl Senpai
Apr 22, 2019 6:46 PM

Oct 2015
Basically everything on my 'Plan to Watch' list
Apr 22, 2019 6:48 PM

May 2016
Mainly Bakemonogatari, I've been putting it off forever.

I also need to get around to Cowboy Bebop and Boogiepop, both of which I just haven't been watching even though I thought they were good.

And I need to give stein's gate a second chance.

Apr 22, 2019 6:56 PM

Feb 2019
I've had Zankyou no Terror Episode 1 tab open for the past few months and still haven't seen an episode.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 22, 2019 7:05 PM

Sep 2018
My whole ass plan to watch, buddy...

it will probably be a million years before i touch legend of the galactic heroes and the gundam series, as much as i’d like to watch them, im busy and in the middle of other stuff
Apr 22, 2019 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
One Piece

I only seen like 76 episodes and I like it, but it's just so long. There is no way I could ever catch up.
Apr 22, 2019 7:13 PM

Nov 2012
I can vouch for Code Geass & Hunter X Hunter for those who are trying to get into those shows, CG helped me get into anime and is still one of my favourites to this day, also a great time to get up to speed before the new movie comes out. Hunter X Hunter is IMO one of the best shows out there and this sentiment is seemingly echoed throughout many anime communities; including this one.

Personally I would love to get into Gintama, One Piece, Full metal Panic & Jojo but the length of these franchises is daunting atm although I'm sure I would like the shows. As I'm a bit of a completionist I tend to at least try to watch all relating shows, movies & specials so the more content a franchise has the more likely I am to put it off and watch an anime I deem "easier" to buy into.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 22, 2019 7:17 PM
Oct 2018
Hunter x Hunter
One piece
Fate series
My hero
Apr 22, 2019 7:45 PM

Feb 2018
AngryCactus said:
Minerbit said:

Thank you for the advice, although I can see this anime later, but will not be soon. I don't think it could be worse than Elfen Lied the truth.
Apr 22, 2019 7:51 PM
Feb 2019
I really wanna watch Naruto, Naruto Shippuden and One Piece... I used to watch Naruto when I was a kid but I don't remember any of it, and I feel like to be a true anime fan, I should've at least watched Naruto and One Piece. I also wanna watch Gintama tho I'm not sure if it will be worth it or not. It's just that these shows are too long. :/
Apr 22, 2019 7:52 PM

Nov 2017
Minerbit said:
AngryCactus said:

Thank you for the advice, although I can see this anime later, but will not be soon. I don't think it could be worse than Elfen Lied the truth.

Well at least there's no relentless "NYUUU NYUUUUUUUUUUU"ing in Higurashi. Instead it is replaced with an almost as intolerable "NIPAAAAA".

If it was the violence/edge that you didn't like in Elfen Lied though, unfortunately for you there is a good deal of the same in Higurashi too, well maybe a bit less.

Apr 22, 2019 7:54 PM
魏无羡

Aug 2015
A couple animes I've been wanting to watch but never get around to is Bleach, and Baccano!
And tbh, I'm not like, dying to watch Death Note but it would be cool to see it for once, and be in the know.

Apr 22, 2019 8:40 PM

Feb 2018
AngryCactus said:
Minerbit said:

Well at least there's no relentless "NYUUU NYUUUUUUUUUUU"ing in Higurashi. Instead it is replaced with an almost as intolerable "NIPAAAAA".

If it was the violence/edge that you didn't like in Elfen Lied though, unfortunately for you there is a good deal of the same in Higurashi too, well maybe a bit less.

Well, actually, the more violence the Anime/ Manga has better for me. What I did not like about Elfen Lied was the story and the characters. and of course I do not like the harem. Although it is not one, it is similar. I hope it is not so similar, thanks again for the advice bro.
Apr 22, 2019 8:52 PM

Sep 2018
Any of the 400 anime on my PTW list. I should probably pick something.

Apr 22, 2019 8:56 PM

Nov 2017
Minerbit said:
AngryCactus said:

Well, actually, the more violence the Anime/ Manga has better for me. What I did not like about Elfen Lied was the story and the characters. and of course I do not like the harem. Although it is not one, it is similar. I hope it is not so similar, thanks again for the advice bro.

You got it. Also, there is something of a pseudo-harem in Higurashi in my opinion, although to a lesser extent than in Elfen Lied.

If you do like a good amount of violence with your anime, I'm sure you've heard of it, but I would definitely point you to Psycho Pass. Your profile said you also like psychological shows, which Psycho Pass is, and fortunately there isn't a harem in sight.

Apr 22, 2019 9:27 PM

Feb 2018
AngryCactus said:
Minerbit said:

You got it. Also, there is something of a pseudo-harem in Higurashi in my opinion, although to a lesser extent than in Elfen Lied.

If you do like a good amount of violence with your anime, I'm sure you've heard of it, but I would definitely point you to Psycho Pass. Your profile said you also like psychological shows, which Psycho Pass is, and fortunately there isn't a harem in sight.

Oh yes, I had heard that it is a violent cyberpunk, but that the sequel was bad. Well I'll take a look, thanks for the recommendation bro.
Apr 22, 2019 9:46 PM

Jun 2015
the three final fantasy movies,

I mean I watched two on tv ages ago, bad transmission, missed shit cuz changed channels in breaks, thats why they aernt on my list yet, and there a third one now, wanna watch em. its been a year, watched tonnes of anime and other b/hollywood movies but NOT THOSE!
Apr 22, 2019 9:47 PM

Nov 2013
A lot of the classics / super popular shows

I like finding hidden gems, and if a show is already highly praised, it just kinda make me not want to watch them as much, almost as if being forced to watch

Maybe I'll get to it eventually, but it just doesn't feel as good to watch it.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Apr 22, 2019 9:53 PM

Nov 2017
NbQuil said:
A lot of the classics / super popular shows

I like finding hidden gems, and if a show is already highly praised, it just kinda make me not want to watch them as much, almost as if being forced to watch

Maybe I'll get to it eventually, but it just doesn't feel as good to watch it.

I feel the same way but I watch them anyways because I'm afraid I won't find any gems. What are some of the lesser known titles you've come across?

Apr 22, 2019 9:56 PM

Jun 2013
God damn dude. Story of my life.

Shingeki no Kyoujin
Mushishi
Monogatari Series
Little Busters
Fate Series

Just to name a few.

Apr 22, 2019 9:59 PM

May 2017
gintama is one that i'd like to watch since is seems pretty popular, but there just so much of it. i just need to plan out how to attack that series.

another one is monogatari series. i started the first season but the pace of the show is just too weird to get into.

then theres ish i have no reason for like cowboy bebop, which i own on blu-ray and just haven't gotten around to it.
Apr 22, 2019 10:52 PM

Oct 2018
I've been waiting for the summer to binge the whole Jojo series.

Other than that, the oldest things on my PTW list are Nichijou, Katanagatari, and initial d.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Apr 22, 2019 11:37 PM

May 2016
not really starting it's more i need to finish shows but i'm just so lazy u.u

i would really like to finish: beck, ping pong, lain, berserk, kino, rov, and mob just ahhh so many :c

a show i would like to start i think is maybe haibane renmi... since it intrigues me

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Apr 23, 2019 1:35 AM
Feb 2014
Touch is the big one. It's too long and I really want to watch Mix.
Apr 23, 2019 2:44 AM

Jan 2016
everything finished aired on my ptw and ghibli movies.
Apr 23, 2019 2:47 AM

Feb 2019
Mucosa said:
Aastra343 said:
Monogatari series comes to mind, I don't even know in which order it's supposed to be watched. And the fate franchise as well.

Wow, it's almost like a science project. Thanks a lot, this will be of great help.
Apr 23, 2019 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
I pretty much watched everything I am interested in. Now only some untranslated older movies and series remain.

Eg this one:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6942/Marine_Snow_no_Densetsu

Or this one:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/9546/Shirahata_no_Shoujo_Ryuuko

Or the full TV series of Jarinko Chie, directed by I.Takahata

In the mean time I have a lot to catch up with manga. It will take months.
Apr 23, 2019 3:24 AM

Dec 2018
Hunter x hunter. I heard you're supposed to watch yu yu hakusho first so you get more out of the experience and I'm stuck with that series sooo there are many obstacles in the way
Apr 23, 2019 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
Mucosa said:

:D This is only making me feel more worried. Is the Monogatari series engrossing or slow-paced?

I also really want to watch 3-gatsu no Lion and some '90s - 2000s shows. But they are generally too slow.
Apr 23, 2019 4:58 AM
Nov 2018
Gintma and HxH although I don't really like action shonens. I prefer watching more shorter shows, not one-two long. To be honest, it's delusional as I'm still watching a lot
Apr 23, 2019 5:08 AM

Jan 2016
I actually have intended to watch all entries of the Gundam franchise for quite some time now.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 1 hour ago

3 by Ri-KoRin »»
3 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 35 minutes ago

1 by Lhundrup »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 6 hours ago

26 by BlueBullet178 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 7 hours ago

15 by Jonas-K »»
11 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - 7 hours ago

11 by Ten »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.