Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2019 7:37 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked the introduction and the anime original parts, Kizaru definitely added some charm. Rest of the episode was skippable.

Retired Sengoku is besto btw.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2019 7:45 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was nothing more than a recap of the Marinefold war arc. Seeing Akainu and Kizaru was fun though.
Apr 20, 2019 8:17 PM

Sep 2015
I'm fine with them recapping stuff, need to let the manga go ahead.
Apr 20, 2019 9:46 PM

Mar 2016
Oh yeah, I missed those old recap episodes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 20, 2019 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
Kizarus new voice actor did a good job. Sounded pretty similar.
I'm okay with the recaps too. But damn, some of the animation in the scenes with Akainu and Kizaru looked aweful, and I'm usually not a animation complainer in one piece...
Apr 20, 2019 10:44 PM

Apr 2016
this episode is filled with fantastic and classic scenes... unfortunately they're almost all from episodes we've already seen...
the flashback scenes felt very strangely ordered, I honestly don't understand their thinking in setting this episode up, it was super messy
it looks like next week we are back to normal though fortunately
Apr 20, 2019 10:59 PM

Dec 2014
well I really am liking these fillers... nice to see it all ... the hype is so on
Apr 21, 2019 12:43 AM

Apr 2013
Well at least they show the interesting stuff in the beginning so I can skip the flashbacks afterwards and don't have to waste my time. Also disappointed that the other admiral isn't a woman.
Apr 21, 2019 1:00 AM

Mar 2012
I would like to see a movie about saving Bon-chan from Impel Down.
Apr 21, 2019 1:36 AM

Sep 2014
Possibly the shortest episode ever lol, barely anything new in it.
Apr 21, 2019 2:36 AM

Jul 2016
nerfx said:
Possibly the shortest episode ever lol, barely anything new in it.

Just letting the Manga get further away. Think it is the right time to do it although probably would have liked a number of flashbacks in a row and not interperse any of the main story with them.
Apr 21, 2019 3:24 AM

Jul 2007

yeah this episode had mabye 4 min of manga content, but i think the flashbacks are acceptable, considering how long its been since we have been at these arcs. Its not always a bad thing to remind us about certain critical events that have relevence to the reverie arc. For anime fans, that makes following it a bit easer rather then us manga fans having to disect all the information from previous arcs.
ArtimesGamerApr 21, 2019 3:46 AM

Apr 21, 2019 4:41 AM

Feb 2013
This brought back all the feelings, damn.
Apr 21, 2019 4:53 AM

Mar 2018
Salokannel2 said:
I'm fine with them recapping stuff, need to let the manga go ahead.

isn't the manga 1 year+ ahead ?
I dislike recaps more than fillers, some small filler acts were actually decent, this is a juts a skip for me.
Apr 21, 2019 5:08 AM

Apr 2009
New Age!
Apr 21, 2019 5:55 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Battle of Marineford, what a great arc that was.
Apr 21, 2019 8:35 AM
Apr 2016
Goddamn Toei really has became shit, this is the first time they're putting recaps episode after episode, goddamn literally 2 minutes of the story and then 18 minutes of recaps...
Apr 21, 2019 9:02 AM

Oct 2018
TOEI is going to ruin the Reverie arc and I fucking hate it.
Apr 21, 2019 9:31 AM
Mar 2019
Ulquiorra said:
This brought back all the feelings, damn.

Yeah.

I don't mind with these flashback. Its ok if the manga is further away tho.
Apr 21, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2008
As if there weren't enough Marineford recaps...
Apr 21, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2019
Loved this one...
Apr 21, 2019 10:53 AM

May 2016
WolfWood37 said:
As if there weren't enough Marineford recaps...
exactly........
Apr 21, 2019 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
Yep, Toei outdid themselves yet again - another recap.
Tho the seiyuu for Borsalino really is something, he sounds almost exactly like the late Ishizuka-san.
Also, i'm both excited and scared about the Reverie Arc,
pls don't suck, pls don't suck, pls don't suck
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Apr 21, 2019 1:23 PM

Jun 2014
Fucking flashback shit episode.
Apr 21, 2019 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Was a good start. Akainu is so pissed about Luffy but also about Fujitora. Sengoku making fun of Akainu was just priceless. Kizarus new voice surprised me. Normally if you get a new voice you can hear the difference but his new seiyuu did a great job. :)

Of course it's annoying if they show recaps, but I'm okay with that. At least the manga can go ahead a little bit more. Next week we will see a new admiral? Should be interesting.

Apr 21, 2019 6:57 PM

May 2014
I am really pissed now. I understand they have to show flashbacks because of the gap between manga & anime, but why not show the not shown parts of Impel Down arc. How the hell did Bon-chan survive against Magellan's poison. They should have rather mixed it up with flashbacks and new stuff from the Impel Down arc. It would have been interesting to see the fight between Blackbeard's crew and Magellan and their escape to Marineford.

I suppose that's too much to ask. Also I can't remember seeing Jinbei saying have mercy on me. He have too much pride to begging Luffy to rescue him. However, I remember he said that if they rescued him he could be to aid for him.

What amazes me more is that people really thought there wouldn't be any flashbacks. Personally I am not surprised. I am just trying to enjoy the canon parts of the ep. I know it won't change if I complain or don't, so I rather won't!

PS! Did we ever see Ace's bounty. I can't remember seeing it before now. It's now that I know it was 550 million berries.
Apr 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Oct 2015
Can't believe Toei man, a recap really?????? Does that mean Sengoku saw Luffy got poisoned by Magellan, then detoxed the poisoned when he thought in that flashback? He must have gotten a detailed report on that situation, hmm.

Anyways, the impel down and marine ford war was my favorite arc in anime history, whitebeard was soo badass that I thought he wasn't human. He died after so so so so so so many stabs, shots, blows and cuts. He is still my favorite though. The episode also reminded me how useful and great Bon was to Luffy during the commotion, liked that swan!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Feb 2015
Sakazuki realized that Fujitora went to Marijeoise, he sent Ryokugyu to look for Fujitora and send him behind Luffy and Law, Sengoku interrupted him. Sengoku started to remember when Luffy broke into Impel Down, fought with Magellan and assisted to Marineford.

It was not boring but unnecessary, it just telled again Impel Down and Marineford arcs.
Apr 21, 2019 11:06 PM
Jan 2019
Every time I remember all the effort that Luffy made to save Ace makes me want to cry. I thought it was great to be reminded of several highlights of the Impel Down arch and one of the best arches, if not the best, the Marineford arch. The emotion that I felt when seeing those episodes is still inside me 😀.

Spill a tear when remembering the sacrifice of Bon Clay. What will become of that good man?

Sengoku knows what he says. When Luffy proposes something, miracles always happen.

I am somewhat anxious to see the face of the new Navy admiral and know if he has any fruit.
Apr 22, 2019 12:48 AM

Jul 2007
WILL YOU GUYS STOP FUCKING BITCHING!!. Holy christ!! You do realize that on a weekly based anime, flash backs are needed for vewers to understand and remember certain events in the story especially the reverie where many past arcs are relevent to the material presented in the reverie arc.

But serously i am getting sick and tired of this shit. I get enough of it from CR, i don't need it in MAL to. CR literally complains every single episode in the series since the damn time skip. Why don't we for once discuss the actual episode or content.

Apr 22, 2019 3:29 AM

Nov 2012
link9us said:
WILL YOU GUYS STOP FUCKING BITCHING!!. Holy christ!! You do realize that on a weekly based anime, flash backs are needed for vewers to understand and remember certain events in the story especially the reverie where many past arcs are relevent to the material presented in the reverie arc.

But serously i am getting sick and tired of this shit. I get enough of it from CR, i don't need it in MAL to. CR literally complains every single episode in the series since the damn time skip. Why don't we for once discuss the actual episode or content.

We don't need recaps of things that have already been done
Apr 22, 2019 5:18 AM

May 2018
Please not again. I'm gonna have a mental breakdown if i have to see Ace's death AGAIN. ;____;
Apr 22, 2019 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
ANOTHER worthless, boring af episode...
Apr 22, 2019 2:25 PM

Nov 2018
This episode is a waste, just make a filler arc instead of recaps.
Apr 22, 2019 9:14 PM

Feb 2016
Skip this episode. Don’t waste your time
Apr 23, 2019 9:44 PM

Oct 2018
link9us said:

You don’t need shitty flashbacks when you can just go on YouTube and rewatch all the scenes. I rather toei do fillers than regurgitate flashbacks over and over
Apr 23, 2019 11:06 PM

Jul 2007
SuperRed said:
link9us said:

You do know that panel to panel requisitioning has to be extended and expanded upon to create transitional moments that flow more cohesively for an anime production. If you actually animated something directly on the same pace as the manga material, panel by panel. The production would lack any kind of fluidity or consistency and would would end up rather stiff and be presented with relentless stil shots and would suffer in its execution when transferred to the screen. Mangaka's go into this career with this knowledge already and know full well that there has to be room for animators to provide more of a motion picture experience. The panels are there just to gauge whats for each particular scene.

Also animation is just one aspect of it, there is the transformation and portrayal of story execution as well which is very important. For anime repeated scenes and things are necessary to engage the audience more, where as in manga, its not cause your only reading things straightforward. Anime requires additional scenes and even repeated events to encapsulates on the production and to give it a more movie like quality.

I do admit that TOIE kind of takes it over the top some times (obviously) but this post is mainly to retcon that ridiculous video that guy made on youtube. This guy that made this video's is an idiot for not fully comprehending how manga to anime adaptations work.
ArtimesGamerApr 23, 2019 11:17 PM

Apr 24, 2019 3:55 AM

Nov 2012
link9us said:
SuperRed said:

You do know that panel to panel requisitioning has to be extended and expanded upon to create transitional moments that flow more cohesively for an anime production. If you actually animated something directly on the same pace as the manga material, panel by panel. The production would lack any kind of fluidity or consistency and would would end up rather stiff and be presented with relentless stil shots and would suffer in its execution when transferred to the screen. Mangaka's go into this career with this knowledge already and know full well that there has to be room for animators to provide more of a motion picture experience. The panels are there just to gauge whats for each particular scene.

Also animation is just one aspect of it, there is the transformation and portrayal of story execution as well which is very important. For anime repeated scenes and things are necessary to engage the audience more, where as in manga, its not cause your only reading things straightforward. Anime requires additional scenes and even repeated events to encapsulates on the production and to give it a more movie like quality.

I do admit that TOIE kind of takes it over the top some times (obviously) but this post is mainly to retcon that ridiculous video that guy made on youtube. This guy that made this video's is an idiot for not fully comprehending how manga to anime adaptations work.

I know a 1:1 panel adaptation isn't ideal but this is indefensible, you can't just turn 50% of the most interesting post timeskip chapters into recap episodes and expect people to not get angry.
Apr 26, 2019 8:09 AM

Dec 2013
At this rate this arc will recap the entire series lol

Retired Sengoku's reaction to Sakazuki's anger was hilarious.
Apr 27, 2019 2:29 PM
Dec 2017
not bad for that new VA of Kizaru
we gonna be stones until stone ocean
May 25, 2019 5:05 AM
Jun 2015
This just reminded me of how epic the Paramount War Arc was.
Jun 2, 2019 3:42 AM

Mar 2015
I'm alright with this - I need the reminders of who is who and who did what!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 4, 2019 12:39 PM

Jun 2015
Sengoku was very funny, haha

Jun 17, 2019 8:55 PM

Jul 2013
Flashback of the great battle at marineford sure I'll take it. It is the best arc so I won't complain. Just don't takebl too long
Jun 19, 2019 12:39 AM

Mar 2016
Now it's the marines reacting to Luffy's new actions. Akainu has surely gotten more short tempered since the past 2 years. Stress is really a bad thing.

75% of the ep is just recap of the Paramount War Saga. It's a recap but I am not troubled by it. That saga is literally the best One Piece saga so far!
Also... Bon Clay, the low key one of the most respectable character in One Piece ever. Will we ever see him again? Is he dead? Who knows, except Oda... (T^T)
Jan 23, 2020 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
This recap reminded me of Bon Clay's heartful sacrifice. I wonder if he really is dead as the circumstances around his situation suggested. Extremely unlikely that he defeated Magallen. Personally I don't think he survived. I would like for the series to confirm his fate though, just to make sure.

I feel like retired Sengoku is just there to mock Akainu's dilemmas regarding his position lol.
Mar 28, 2020 2:52 AM

Mar 2010
Annoying to see Ace and WB's death again.
Jul 11, 2020 1:07 PM
Dec 2014
link9us said:

No we can't stop complaining about what's wrong with something we like.I'm tired of people who only want to hear positive feedback.

Flashback are not needed when you did not forget any important details,there's zero detail on the flashbacks that made me say oh I didn't remember that.

We don't discuss the actual episode because nothing important happened because of those useless flashbacks.

They should have made an actual filler arcs instead of those stupid flashbacks.
Jul 11, 2020 1:56 PM

Jul 2007
small44 said:
link9us said:

No we can't stop complaining about what's wrong with something we like.I'm tired of people who only want to hear positive feedback.

Flashback are not needed when you did not forget any important details,there's zero detail on the flashbacks that made me say oh I didn't remember that.

We don't discuss the actual episode because nothing important happened because of those useless flashbacks.

They should have made an actual filler arcs instead of those stupid flashbacks.

lol I remember posting this comment and i was kind of in a real angry mood then but boy do i take back what i said. The Reverie was honestly the worst adapated arc in a story telling medium I have ever seen. But not so much the flash backs that hurt it. Yes they slowed the pacing down to a crawl but more then that. The studio had the audicity to actually change the order of events and ruin the impact during certain key moments. Big reveals that had marvelious build-up and revelations such as sabo's reveal or luffy's bounty, Cp9, was all ruined because of the way the arc was structured to include flashbacks prior to that actual reveal.

How ever that being said i still think fans who post here need to cover both bases. Sure you can provide critism about the negative aspects of the series and god knows this arc needs it but you need to also provide input to some of the larger moments the story is presenting as well. You can't just forget about those because the arc was over shadowed by to much recaps or flashbacks. It kind of gives the wrong message to the fans. I mean the reverie is immportant for indrucing some of the potentual largest players in the one piece world and that is something you should also address.

Thankfully the Reverie is not over, its continuing along with the wano arc and now that the studio has a new show runner and director, i think the rest of the reverie segments will be much better.
ArtimesGamerJul 11, 2020 2:03 PM

Aug 24, 2020 11:42 PM

Jun 2016
If I'm correct, the great Unshō Ishizuka passed away which is why Kizaru has a new VA. Rest in peace, you sold Kizaru to me and were one of my favorite voices in the series. I look forward to seeing what Ryotaro Okiayu does with the character.

On a lighter note, there's now a pattern of Kizaru cutting his nails.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
Today, 6:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
Today, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.