Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2019 3:02 PM

Feb 2009
Except for that Sabito guy who was annoying as hell (I hope he doesn't appear again), pretty good episode. But the quick passagem of time was pretty strange, Tanjiro barely changed anything during that time and we didn't see he doing anything aside from training. But well, good episode anyway.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Apr 20, 2019 3:02 PM
Jan 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
FilipDespa said:
Farewell then, you won't be missed

Fanboy gets mad when handed the truth.

Sure. I'm a fanboy for saying that the first chapters were objectively not that good, even tho the anime handled it much better, it can't hook everyone. You're acting like an arrogant prick for calling me one, I just wanted to help
FilipDespaApr 20, 2019 3:06 PM
Apr 20, 2019 3:09 PM
Jun 2015
Is it me or is all of Ufotables animes just pretty colors and meh story telling aside from Fate Zero. At least the actions nice
Apr 20, 2019 3:18 PM

Jun 2015
so did this guy spend like a year and possibly another doing nothing but running up a mountain and swinging a sword then?
Apr 20, 2019 3:20 PM

Dec 2010
Really good episode. Didn’t expect the two to be spirits, I had to replay that scene to make sure it actually happened.

Now that the training’s out of the way, looking forward to the final selection!
Apr 20, 2019 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
This was a pretty great episode all around, had some pretty meaty development for tanjiro and I'm pretty grateful they sped through the training itself but was still able to do it with a slowed down pacing that lent itself well to a nice atmosphere.

I really love it when shows like this actually know when to tone itself down and actually let there be room to breathe, alot of jump series fail at this and iroincally wind up in long spaces of pure action that suck all the fun out of itself so hopefully this is a good sign that this wont go the way of the ill fated shokugeki no souma in way of constant set piece after set piece robbing any sense of joy from the series in favor of spectacle.....and that was before that series REALLY decided to shit the bed.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2019 3:51 PM

Feb 2014
Cute Lolis poppin outta nowhere. The OST really makes it worth.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 20, 2019 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
Jeez 2 years has passed in that one single episode... That's a hell of a long sleep Nezuko!! Tanjirou really worked hard in those 2 years, training from Urokodaki sure wasn't easy but then having 2 mysterious persons show up and train you further was very interesting. I am just wondering who they were and what role they will play further into the story. Great work from Tanjirou in the end for slicing that boulder.

Probably my favorite Anime of this season... Gorgeous Art and Animation, great soundtrack, really loving it so far.

Apr 20, 2019 4:17 PM

Sep 2018
Ohhh I like the training moments.. He have long hair! He already looks mature now.. No Nezuko moments, sad
Apr 20, 2019 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
This "breathing" mechanic is dumb as fuck, if you ask me...
Apr 20, 2019 5:17 PM
Apr 2016
The animation was amazing. Eh, a little too corny for me. Cool episode.
Apr 20, 2019 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
This show has a big show-don't-tell problem. It makes sense in the episode since he's writing a journal, but a lot of the information narrated to us could've easily just been shown instead of said. It might've worked in the manga but in anime format it just comes across as awkward.
The spar between Tanjiro and the fox guy was really well-animated, and I like the sense of progression that's going on. Hard to believe it's only adapting two chapters, feels like so much has happened in such a short amount of time.
Apr 20, 2019 5:39 PM

Dec 2015
This was probably the best episode of the year in terms of direction and soundtrack. But still, the story so far isn't really that interesting. This show can really be something amazing if it does improve that later
Apr 20, 2019 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
All these haters, that are going to watch it, and love it, but not mark it on their lists, and walk around and be assholes about it. Just stop, like off switch it all and stop. Cause this show is pretty darn good, That ending hurt my heart. The moment those facial expressions and "weak ass dialogue" created was worth my half hour. I wish I had a silver spoon up my back side so I could be so displeased with something so great for the sake of my own self image. You wanna know how I KNOW all the haters are edgelord scum fans? It's because I have excellent taste, and this show is the tits as far as I stand. Good job on this episode universe and the hands what made it, good stuff, good stuff indeed.
Apr 20, 2019 6:13 PM

Nov 2009
What's with Ufotable shows and their need to have their characters monologue on every stupid little thing, something which they could have easily communicated by *showing* it to us rather than have the MC babble about it at every opportunity. Speaking of the MC, holy hammy voice acting Batman! The way the kid speaks is as if he's about to shit his pants 24/7, talk about being needlessly over-dramatic.

Man, I miss the days when anime used to have training montages with motivating music playing in the background instead of this bland generic shit that we have nowadays. That's modern shounen jump for ya...
Apr 20, 2019 6:14 PM

Jun 2013
Not a fan of this from the manga, so didnt enjoy that much here either
Apr 20, 2019 6:16 PM

Jan 2019
I genuinely really enjoyed the episode, it's probably my favorite episode so far.
I don't mind dialogue, partly because most of it was supposed to be part of Tanjiro's journal. They nailed the twist at the end.
Some people have said this is a boring episode, I don't understand why, I found it entertaining personally.
The action and comedy were paced well, an episode entirely on Tanjiro is fine. I've never seen a loony tunes cliff fall scene in an anime, I need more of it though. The twist was executed well at the ending. The conflict between Sabito and Tanjiro was great, especially the fights. Something tells me Sakonji is a "throw you to the wolves" kind of trainer.
My only concerns are the english subtitles: "I literally train swordsman", yep we know.
Overall, fantastic episode, I'm looking forward for next week.
Apr 20, 2019 6:26 PM
Jan 2019
fantastic episode! !!!
Apr 20, 2019 6:28 PM

Mar 2010
huhhhhhh?? Sabito and mokoma rip..
Apr 20, 2019 6:33 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder if Sabito and Makomo were spirits? But either way they helped him slice that boulder, they truly incredible!

That was a poetic episode, I truly love this anime now. Tanjiro is destined for great things for sure, I like the guy and Nezuko!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 20, 2019 6:36 PM
Apr 2019
It was pretty good. Some people are too critical and looking for flaws everywhere. Seriously just enjoy the show. That opening though
Apr 20, 2019 6:45 PM

Sep 2018
Great episode, I like the abbreviated training arc. MC is less whiny and more down to earth than a lot of his counterparts
Apr 20, 2019 8:08 PM

Sep 2017
Well that was a long ass time skip. It's good tho cause it shows how much he put into his training. Sabito was a bit of a twat with all his be a man bs. And wtf was up with the ending and the boulder slicing? Definitely some super natural stuff going on. We'll probably get an some kind of an explanation when we learn about those two.
Apr 20, 2019 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
2 years covered in one single episode? Not a big fan of those narrative decisions if I'm honest. That said, it was still an enjoyable episode. Both animation and OST were outstanding as always and the way they presented the explanation of the breath technique was quite clear and interesting to hear as well.

So, both Sabito and Makomo were some kind of spirits, uh? Interesting but it seems I won't see them again since they already fulfilled their purpose, which is a bit sad.

"Final Selection" next episode. Really looking forward to it!
Apr 20, 2019 10:07 PM

Feb 2013
Hatsuyuki said:
FilipDespa said:

Please don't use Kaguya to try and push your shitty conjecture. What a disgrace.
Apr 20, 2019 11:24 PM

Mar 2019
I'm enjoying this but I hope it doesn't stay this predictable...
Apr 21, 2019 1:34 AM

Jun 2013
To be honest,I hate training arcs but this one was pretty interesting. I still don't fully understand who Sabito and Makomo were if they were real or just spirits/ghosts. I'm thinking of picking up the manga soon since I've already caught up with a lot of the manga I'm currently reading and I'm also making a lot of progress in my books.

The animation, background, etc. is still as beautiful as ever. That moment when he cut Sabito's mask and finally sliced the boulder in half was gorgeous.

I'm excited for the next episode. Usually, once I start reading the manga, I slack off on the Anime a bit unless I really like the series or the animation and overall production is well done and I think I won't be having this problem with Kimetsu no Yaiba since the animation is wonderful and the CGI is tastefully done.
臭恄-
Apr 21, 2019 1:51 AM

Dec 2014
well to think he trained for two years like that...it really emphasizes how hard it really is ...hmmm
Apr 21, 2019 2:20 AM

Jul 2013
I just started being active again in MAL and I still see the same pretentious people here in every ufotable anime episode discussions lmfao.
Apr 21, 2019 2:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really enjoyed this episode! It felt long (but not in a bad way). Since the first episode, I've been surprised to see people say the beginning of KnY was the "worst" part of the manga, but maybe they don't mean it was really bad, but that it gets even better later on? Or maybe I just found KnY really interesting from the get-go. Hmmm. Well anyways, I quite enjoy Tanjirou's inner-thoughts, the story feels more intimate. I can see why some people hate it, especially if they also don't like Hanae's voice, and liking a voice or not is really subjective (unless the voice acting is just really terrible).

Speaking of voice, Kaji Yuuki as Sabito was great! Was really surprised to hear him. I also got teary-eyed when Tanjirou succeeded in cutting the boulder, and then Sabito and Makomo disappeared. I know time-skips annoy some people, and the training "arc" may have seemed underwhelming, but it makes sense why the beginning of Tanjirou's venture into the Demon Corps went by so quickly. There's no real school for this job, and it's not like Tanjirou has any peers at Urokodaki's place, so there's really not much that could be shown regarding the training. We get the key parts to Tanjirou's training, which is all that we need to see. Anyways, I'm finally glad that ufotable is the one adapting this (as long as it stays faithful to the manga), as I believe if some no-name studio/hated studio was in charge, Kimetsu no Yaiba would probably get more negative comments.

Not even sure why I'm addressing this. Just remembered that it's just a few people vocal about things they don't like, while the majority of people watching seem to love it. That 8.29 at the time of writing is quite a high score.
Apr 21, 2019 2:47 AM

Jan 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
FilipDespa said:

Haha good use of Kaguya to make fun of people and their passions absolute genius.
Apr 21, 2019 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
so sabito is dead? and we won't get to hear kaji yuki more in this series?
Apr 21, 2019 2:57 AM

Jan 2016
this is my favorite episode so far. The animation and art look stunning, while the fights are great. Tanjiro has become so much stronger than in the last episode. Then again, I didn't expect there to be a time skip like this.
Apr 21, 2019 3:48 AM
Feb 2017
I can't take my eyes off this!....... love the op, replayed it thrice this time xD
Apr 21, 2019 4:12 AM
Mar 2019
I like this episode. Its enjoyable.

Pretty interesting sword fighting. The animation is good.

Looking forward for the final selection.
Apr 21, 2019 4:33 AM
Apr 2019
wonderfull episode šŸ˜ that's all
Apr 21, 2019 5:00 AM

Jul 2016
omg im so hooked to this anime bruh i want to read the manga but damn i want to see those beautiful animation
Apr 21, 2019 5:07 AM
Jun 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
FilipDespa said:

what truth, you haven't even a reasonable justification for how you came to the conclusion that it has a "weak story" all stories need to time to improve and develop and you're not letting it
Apr 21, 2019 5:19 AM

Feb 2011
Archer123 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

what truth, you haven't even a reasonable justification for how you came to the conclusion that it has a "weak story" all stories need to time to improve and develop and you're not letting it

You can identify quality writing in three episodes, hence the so called three episod rule. I'm not seeing it here and I shouldn't have to watch 50 episodes until I catch a glimpse of it.
Apr 21, 2019 5:29 AM
Nov 2018
Grizzziff said:
All these haters, that are going to watch it, and love it, but not mark it on their lists, and walk around and be assholes about it. Just stop, like off switch it all and stop. Cause this show is pretty darn good, That ending hurt my heart. The moment those facial expressions and "weak ass dialogue" created was worth my half hour. I wish I had a silver spoon up my back side so I could be so displeased with something so great for the sake of my own self image. You wanna know how I KNOW all the haters are edgelord scum fans? It's because I have excellent taste, and this show is the tits as far as I stand. Good job on this episode universe and the hands what made it, good stuff, good stuff indeed.

Chill the fuck out, this amount of narration is annoying. U just dont get cause ur a weeb, it hinders the show on truely being great. People have the right to complain, as it reduces the quality of the show quite a lot.
Its like have a pizza, but its burned. With a bit more care it could be enjoyed infinitely more
Apr 21, 2019 5:33 AM

Oct 2015
even if the end part was a bit cliched, it was hell of a buildup to lead up to that point which really gave a lot more impact to him slashing the boulder.
Apr 21, 2019 6:29 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was essentially a 2-year timeskip, but I'm very satisfied with how Tanjiro has improved from under Urokodaki's leadership and what he is now.

Sabito fighting Tanjiro was a bit of a reality check on his skills. After trying to cut the boulder for 6 months without success and also starting to doubt your skills, Sabito needed to get the harsh truth into Tanjiro's head.

Thankfully, Mokoma was at hand to teach him more thoroughly about the skills that he learnt from Urokodaki and he finally started to improve. His next fight against Sabito was a win, thankfully, but it showed that he cut the boulder successfully, too. =)

I think this means that both Sabito and Mokoma were long dead and their resting place must be by that boulder, so it makes sense for their spirits to return to help Tanjiro out.

All in all, this was another satisfying episode. The visuals and animation remain at a high quality and the OST is still great.

On a side note, though, the argument at the top of this page is rather childish and pathetic. Not everyone will like this type of writing, but the way some people try to use their opinions as the be all and end all to those type of argument is stupid and only ever satisfies one's overblown ego. This is also why I never use the three-episode rule of any show that I watch, as it's not the most accurate way to judge certain types of shows, depending on genre, story setting, writing quality and the episode count for that type of show.

It might be for some, and I that's fine with me, but it doesn't flow with me all that well. ^^;
Apr 21, 2019 6:56 AM

Aug 2008
Meta_Yoshi said:

On a side note, though, the argument at the top of this page is rather childish and pathetic.

many are kids :)))"even though some might say are adults :p]
The spider is watching
Apr 21, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2015
Did some 11 years old autistic kid write up this dialogue?

Apr 21, 2019 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
Hime03 said:
Grizzziff said:

Chill the fuck out, this amount of narration is annoying. U just dont get cause ur a weeb, it hinders the show on truely being great. People have the right to complain, as it reduces the quality of the show quite a lot.
Its like have a pizza, but its burned. With a bit more care it could be enjoyed infinitely more

cause you're a weeb reeeee screeeeech. stop mouth breathing at me dwellar.
Apr 21, 2019 8:01 AM

May 2008
Pretty solid episode but the ending felt a bit abrupt and anticlimactic. Oh well still loving the ride so far!
Apr 21, 2019 8:15 AM
Apr 2019
zyke said:
Did some 11 years old autistic kid write up this dialogue?

Sabito is probably an 11 year old autistic kid
Apr 21, 2019 9:13 AM

May 2015
Pffft I could cut trough that boulder with me power of farts!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 21, 2019 9:23 AM
Apr 2019
Totally enjoyed this eps.. but i forgot why nezuko didnt wake up for two years.. maybe because she didnt eat anything?

Apr 21, 2019 9:26 AM
Nov 2016
i love seeing how hard tanjiro trained everyday, the way he survived and slowly grew stronger somehow makes me feel touched. that's a really worthy struggle. even though the training with urokodaki kept making me laugh i became anxious with his fight against sabito but gladlty it ended up well. also sabito's sudden disappearance seemed to remind me not to forget him for the rest of this series. i hope he'll show up again in several episodes later.

and last the fighting animation, that is sooo damn great. i hope they stay consistent and keep this magnificent work.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

41 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.