Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, sure didn't take too long for Enta to figure out Tooi's secret.

Still a very strange show with the gimmicks it's pulling out. Hell, even the character outfits this episode was ridiculous. I like it though. That song performance was gold LOL. I'm curious to see how much more this show can carry on its humor. Kappa in particular brings out the most of it.
Apr 18, 2019 10:28 AM
Nov 2018
This episode was extremely good, i don't know why this great anime has such a low score(7.27 is too low for this level of quality), it seems that there are people that don't like kappas too much.
Apr 18, 2019 1:18 PM

Mar 2015
I could not stop laughing when the cops started to dance, lmao.

and WHAT THE FUCK THE KISS AT THE END
Apr 18, 2019 1:26 PM

Jul 2014
It's like watching the contents of a bedpan being thrown into a fan, the musical.
Apr 18, 2019 1:35 PM

Feb 2011
70% reused animation from previous episode.. mkay then
Apr 18, 2019 1:36 PM
Aug 2017
Hatsuyuki said:

Ikuhara always reuses animations in his Anime. This is nothing new.
Apr 18, 2019 1:36 PM
Aug 2017
The kiss at the end... And the Reo and Mabu song. Wow. This anime is going to be super gay and I’m here for it. Not going to lie, though, I preferred the previous episode.
Apr 18, 2019 1:41 PM
Sep 2015
This would pass 'first episode rule' but not ' first two episodes rule'.
I suggest Kunihiko Ikuhara to make 12 anime, and select only the first episode of each one and stitch them together instead.
Apr 18, 2019 1:42 PM

Feb 2011
Bunnybooboo2234 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Well, that doesn't change the fact that I've watched almost the same thing as last week therefore I got really bored.
Apr 18, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2015
Hatsuyuki said:

i know there was some 'reused' animation in the transformation scenes, but 70% lmao, i doubt it was even 20%.
Apr 18, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2009
Hatsuyuki said:

70% is an extreme overstatement.

Anyway, seems Enta fulfilled my expectations. It was implied pretty heavily last ep, but we're going there. good
Apr 18, 2019 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
I want to know what's going to happen so bad!~

And Ikuhara does things like a mahou shoujo anime: Transformations all the same in every episode.
Apr 18, 2019 1:56 PM

Dec 2011
Any content that includes handholding instantly makes any scene better, the whole thing was hilarious and cute to watch. Suspicions about Enta are confirmed. The officer taking the guy's heart reminded me of Utena when she pulls the sword out of Anthy.
Apr 18, 2019 1:57 PM
Aug 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
Bunnybooboo2234 said:

Well, that doesn't change the fact that I've watched almost the same thing as last week therefore I got really bored.

Then you’ll probably be bored for the rest of this anime because it’s likely going to happen in every episode unless Ikuhara does what he did in Mawaru Penguindrum and cut out the scenes halfway through the series.
Apr 18, 2019 2:03 PM
May 2016
THE END THO

NYANIIIIIIIIIIIIIII??!???!?!?!?!
Apr 18, 2019 2:06 PM

Jan 2018
Loved it. Can't wait til next week!

Bunnybooboo2234 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Then you’ll probably be bored for the rest of this anime because it’s likely going to happen in every episode unless Ikuhara does what he did in Mawaru Penguindrum and cut out the scenes halfway through the series.

Since this series is only gonna be 11 episodes I have a feeling he'll cut the reused animation fairly early to make time for the rest of the story but we'll have to wait and see. Either way I actually like the reused parts so it wouldn't bother me if they were in every episode lol
Apr 18, 2019 2:11 PM
Sep 2016
I loved this epsiode and now it makes me wonder what the cops are up to.

Though it also makes me wonder what is up with Haruko. He has a secret that I think we don’t know.
It really do be like that though.

Apr 18, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2015
I didn't like it as much as the 1st episode. It became pretty much mission with monsters of the day for the sake of greater good. At least five dishes have to be collected. But what's with cucumber roll? That was dumb. But the wish was granted despite them having 5 dishes... confusing.

The policemen dance in the best traditions of Indian movies. But somehow that was the highlight of the episode if only confusing, again. The date was a fun part too. I guess it's definitely worth watching for gay fanservice, lol. The animation quality is top-notch. With the story, I'm not sure but I still hope it will be on the level too.
Apr 18, 2019 2:16 PM

Apr 2009
Enta's secret was pretty much obvious I guess, I'm curious to see how Ikuhara is going to handle this plotline.

Ten said:
I didn't like it as much as the 1st episode. It became pretty much mission with monsters of the day for the sake of greater good. At least five dishes have to be collected. But what's with cucumber roll? That was dumb. But the wish was granted despite them having 5 dishes... confusing.

First plate was gold. Also Enta was being hypothetical, bu the dish didn't care he just straight up granted it.

Apr 18, 2019 2:21 PM
May 2016
CMYK said:
Any content that includes handholding instantly makes any scene better, the whole thing was hilarious and cute to watch. Suspicions about Enta are confirmed. The officer taking the guy's heart reminded me of Utena when she pulls the sword out of Anthy.

YAYAYAYAYAYA the utena references are so REAL. Also the over-the-top poses just. wow. bless ikuhara's soul.

Hatsuyuki said:
Bunnybooboo2234 said:

yeah I kinda feel that. He did the same thing in Utena by adding a minute-and-a-half-long Absolute Destiny Apocalypse sequence before every single battle. Weirdly enough, once you get used to it you kinda vibe with it. It's like one of Ikuhara's many "signature things" which make his work so weird and wonderful. :>)

Check it out: (the youtube link isn't working could someone reply with help lmao)

ZETTAI.
UNMEI.
MOKUSHIROKU.

birdiverseApr 18, 2019 2:26 PM
Apr 18, 2019 2:24 PM

Oct 2012
By the way, my Ikuhara bingo looks like this atm:

Added "Complicated Sibling Relationships" and "Stock Footage" after this episode. I'm so mad I can't mark Magical girls because they're boys lol
Apr 18, 2019 2:30 PM
Aug 2017
MaahHeim said:

Added "Complicated Sibling Relationships" and "Stock Footage" after this episode. I'm so mad I can't mark Magical girls because they're boys lol

The magical girls are magical boys in this show. Though Sara might end up being the token magical girl if the Manga was any indication.
Apr 18, 2019 2:30 PM

Dec 2016
I don't know what not to like here, but maybe it's just me. Everything in this is pure gold, so I don't really know what else to say. That cop dance tho.
Apr 18, 2019 2:33 PM

May 2015
Jin_uzuki said:

Ten said:

First plate was gold. Also Enta was being hypothetical, bu the dish didn't care he just straight up granted it.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad it's just me who didn't notice and the anime still has attention to details, cause I expect this story to make sense in the end no matter how bizarre it seems so far.

I don't particularly blame Enta for just asking a question, but the situation itself turned out to be quite frustrating over pretty much nothing.
Apr 18, 2019 2:35 PM

May 2015
Utena is one of my all time favourite animes but i just dont see this one. It feels like they are trying too hard to be metaphorical. There are some funny things like when the cat ate the drugs but idk please tell me im not alone?
My Candies:
Apr 18, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2017
my mans enta went straight for the mega cucumber roll lmao this is a great show
Apr 18, 2019 2:44 PM

Nov 2013
Another good ep but let's talk about that beautiful ed theme<3
Apr 18, 2019 2:45 PM
Sep 2014
Dat Utena reference tho

Loving the show so far
Apr 18, 2019 2:46 PM

Mar 2015
Mythologically said:
The things I have to struggle through simply to hear Hosoya Yoshimasa's voice :( I really just don't see any point of appeal in this show. It's occasionally slightly funny?

maybe you can watch something you like that has his voice?, maybe a drama cd or something.

i know people like to use the 3 episodes rule, but at this point if you don't like anything about it it's time to pack it up and go away.
Apr 18, 2019 2:48 PM

Sep 2015

Was expecting they to keep it just as FujoBait but they are really going for the big gay... :/

Good to know it this early at least.
Apr 18, 2019 2:50 PM

Sep 2015
LiedElfen said:
This episode was extremely good, i don't know why this great anime has such a low score(7.27 is too low for this level of quality), it seems that there are people that don't like kappas too much.

Probably the Yaoi thing, people dislike good harems for free too.
Apr 18, 2019 2:51 PM

Apr 2009
Trypo said:
Utena is one of my all time favourite animes but i just dont see this one. It feels like they are trying too hard to be metaphorical. There are some funny things like when the cat ate the drugs but idk please tell me im not alone?

What are you finding too metaphorical? This feels very... easy to understand? compared to most Ikuhara anime. Take this episode, the first part is rather straightforward while the second is the same sequence as last episode, that is just a re-elaboration of the Shirikodama's lore.

Even the main themes are clearly laid there for everyone to see - connecting with people, secrets and desires.

Utena in comparison was waaaay more bizarre. Every duel was filled with a bunch of symbolism and abstract stuff.

Apr 18, 2019 2:55 PM

Sep 2009
Guys I don't even know where to begin but this series will probably end up one of my favorites!
I know it's only been episode 2 but with this anime I'm literally glued to the screen without a break. There is no fluff no unnecessary chitchat, everything that happens and that is shown is there for a reason and I love it!

The two cops are so mysterious I loved their little performance and it's getting clearer and clearer that they're probably the 'end boss' for our three kappa boys.

Last week I speculated that Mc does the crossdressing for his little sister but it turns out that the kid from last episode is actually his little brother instead. I'm so eager to find out the reason Kazuki does all these things. I mean it would make sense if he would be on bad terms with his little bro and wanted to be closer but Harukappa already seems to really like him a lot so I'm not sure why kazuki goes to these lenghts to pretend to be the idol girl. There MUST be something more behind it all.

Also interesting to note is that we got another secret of Kazuki and not of one of the other two boys. I hope this will be switched up soon although Kazukis storyline and secrets are definitely interesting!

The ending didn't even surprise me oh my god!
I already saw this coming miles ago. I mean the bracelet in Entas box and the opening kinda gave it away and also Entas whole attitude. He's always way too protective of Kazuki and quickly loses his temper. he also seemed super jealous when he saw Toi together with Kazuki.

Apr 18, 2019 2:57 PM

Nov 2016
The performance of the cops was just fabulous hahaha.

And wow, this was probably even better than the first episode, so much Utena vibes.

And a secondthird watch reaffirmed it, best ending of the season hands down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2019 3:02 PM

Aug 2015
Oh, it's even better that first episode. Honestly, i can't even believe it's SO good.
Apr 18, 2019 3:02 PM
Jan 2019
Utena reference omfg!!!!
Apr 18, 2019 3:24 PM
Dec 2015
The aftercredits scene 10/10. I hope nobody missed it.
Apr 18, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2014
Hatsuyuki said:

Ikuhara always do that, is even part of the bingo "stock footage"

MaahHeim said:

I think you can mark people as object because of the box stuff and princess with the main character.
Apr 18, 2019 3:46 PM

Jun 2015
Ikuhara doing what he knows best. I'm enjoying this so much.
Fortune favours the bold!

Apr 18, 2019 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Another great episode. The person Kazuki likes and wants to connect with is no one else but his own little brother. Kuji, like him, wants to help, and connect with his own brother. He was so cute blushing, but a gun, and drugs? I hope he can get away from that world. I like how Kazuki didn't judge him like Enta did though. Then again, Kazuki didn't judge him because he needs his help for Haruka, and poor Enta might be just feeling jealous because Kazuki was having a fun "date" with Kuji while he waited for him to answer his messages. xD

I wasn't expecting the kiss in the end, but I'm glad that they pretty much confirmed Enta's feelings already. But I do wonder why we only saw Kazuki's secret again, I want to know more about Kuji and Enta too. Enta was right when he said that Kazuki did a bad thing by kidnapping that cat by the way.

Now the way the policemen sang and danced after confessing that they killed(?) the one who became a kappa zombie? That was pretty cool. Especially when Reo opened up the shirt of Mabu to grab his heart. Like others said, It reminded me of the way Utena gets her sword from Anthy, but somehow it was even more glorious. Oh, and the way Enta wasted a wish like that in the beginning was a bummer, but now that they know that they can get their wishes granted with those plates, they have another reason to become kappa and fight for those shirikodama.
Apr 18, 2019 4:07 PM

Oct 2018
The last episode may have been the best thing I've ever seen, but this episode is just the best thing I've ever seen.

Also thank you for my life homosexual cops

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Apr 18, 2019 4:23 PM

May 2009
THAT KISS THO

AND UTENA REF
Apr 18, 2019 4:38 PM

May 2010
This episode was hilarious. And classic Ikuhara style.

I can tell this anime is gonna be among my favorite from this year.
Apr 18, 2019 4:39 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Cdynamo said:
Though it also makes me wonder what is up with Haruko. He has a secret that I think we don’t know.

I'd say it's quite likely that Harukappa is terminally ill with some sort of mysterious disease that only targets the cutest, kindest, most cheerful kids. Not only is Kazuki serious about trying to "connect" with Haruka, he's desperate about it, like he's fighting against time. And we've certainly seen the "terminally ill but seemingly cheerful younger sibling with older brother(s) determined to share some happy moments with them before they die" theme from Ikuhara before.

Ah, another great episode. A few things have become clearer, a few things less so, and we see a lot more of the cops this episode — especially the dark-haired one, not that I mind. ^_~ Really loved that insert song & dance routine.

I'm kinda mixed about the kiss at the end. On one hand, I'm glad to see it stated clearly instead of merely hinted at, but on the other, I sort of wish that it had been kept a secret until it came out for all to see after one of their shirikodama-retrieving missions. And perhaps a little later in the series so we can become more invested in the characters.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Apr 18, 2019 4:46 PM

Jan 2017
Kunihiko Ikuhara... this man is a living legend, that's it.
awesome
Apr 18, 2019 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
That's it, this is my favorite anime from this season.
I really like the ending too, I'm in love with the visuals.

BackstageMage said:
Also thank you for my life homosexual cops
Apr 18, 2019 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
kofmaster said:
Hatsuyuki said:

MaahHeim said:

I think you can mark people as object because of the box stuff and princess with the main character.

I saw someone marking that in their bingo and I was like did I miss something? @@ I still don't get it, what do you mean? haha sorry
Apr 18, 2019 5:16 PM
Jun 2011
Love love love those 2 cops. Can't wait to see more of them. Also, goddamn that ending is a bop.
Apr 18, 2019 5:25 PM

Aug 2014
MaahHeim said:
kofmaster said:

I saw someone marking that in their bingo and I was like did I miss something? @@ I still don't get it, what do you mean? haha sorry

People's desires are being represented with boxes that contain their deeper secrets, so is showing in a methaforical way their desires as a solid object, a closed box.
Apr 18, 2019 5:29 PM
Dec 2018
I know Enta always rooting for Kazuki, but that scene in the end really surprised me

I'm sure that police are kind of monster maker or something?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2019

314 by Zam2202 »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:15 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2019

140 by 3miL »»
Apr 29, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2019

70 by nifetiseBOY »»
Feb 11, 2023 5:02 AM

» Is this tagged as yaoi?

FragileGlass - May 6, 2019

12 by Teirayo »»
Feb 25, 2022 3:11 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2019

67 by smX89 »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.