Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2019 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I must say, that is a very playful opening song with a lot of dance.

I'm starting to like Carole more this episode with her personality. Tuesday also seems to be getting used to her new life. Also, I think it's cool to hear more variety of music in this episode including a bit of the electronic rock style.

Good stuff. Tuesday has a wonderful voice.
Apr 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I must say, that is a very playful opening song with a lot of dance.

I'm starting to like Carole more this episode with her personality. Tuesday also seems to be getting used to her new life. Also, I think it's cool to hear more variety of music in this episode including a bit of the electronic rock style.

Good stuff. Tuesday has a wonderful voice.
Do you watched it raw?
Apr 17, 2019 12:08 PM
Nov 2018
This is pretty easily the best looking anime i've ever seen and the most consistent animation of the past five years, truly a blessing to have this anime in our lives, Long Live Bones.
Apr 17, 2019 1:39 PM
Aug 2018
I just watched the 2. episode (erai raws thank you) and just WOW. If this high quality won't drop, this show will be awesome!!! It's pretty obvious that this anime has the highest budget and best staff this season.

Really... What's up with this beautiful and smooths animation, pretty surroundings, the songs and this storytelling, pacing... Everything is really on spot.

I hope more people will pick this show up. Because now its pretty unknown. Maybe because of its not up on Horrible subs...
Apr 17, 2019 2:22 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, Tuesday's mother is a politician?

Mamo's character is a DJ artist and Miyu-Miyu's character (he finally showed up)... works for Mamo's character?

The girls' song charmed everyone, including Miyu-Miyu's character, who works there. The video he recorded and uploaded attracted that guy who was drunk and decided to be their manager.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 17, 2019 2:34 PM

Aug 2017
Another great episode! Tuesday and Carole's performance was beautiful. Two solid episodes so far and hopeful that continues. I been very pleased with it so far :D
Apr 17, 2019 3:28 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, I love the animation. It seems that the story is progressing.

The show is predictable but I like the chemistry between Carole and Tuesday!

I just think that Carole is really funny. We know more about her backstory.

Still I don't understand what's going on between Angela and Tao.

NurguburuApr 23, 2019 9:02 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 17, 2019 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
It looks gorgeous. The music is beautiful. Easily my favourite anime of the season so far.
Plus, it's always nice to hear Mamoru Miyano's voice :D
Apr 17, 2019 8:53 PM

Feb 2015
Carole went to her new job, Tuesday couldn't clean anything and they both did it, Carole had the idea of performing again the song but with a better piano at Martian Immigrant's Memorial Hall, in their way there Tuesday saw the governor in the tv (her mother). Angela went with Tao and he kind of tested her vocal range. A guy called DJ Ertegun is using the hall with the support of a guy called Roddy, while Ertegun was out, the girls mocked the guards and performed there, Roddy recorded and uploaded it to the social medias. Gus was getting drunk in a bar when he heard the video from someone's phone, he called Roddy to find out who are them. Gus and Roddy went to Carole's department and presented himself, he wants to be their manager.

Good episode, the story is progressing and someone wants to be their manager to grew in music industry. Beautiful animation and excellent musical performance. That guy Tao is really strange and still don't know what he meant about being a puppet, maybe not having success by herself, just to follow orders, but this is a world without human songs now, really hard to have success. Funny the funeral scene.
Atlas77Aug 12, 2019 9:13 PM
Apr 17, 2019 9:06 PM

Feb 2018
It was great episode, lol i knew Tuesday wouldn't be able to clean the place and that funeral scene tho haha, that tune checking with the other girl was funny af, felt like araragi teasing his sisters

So many familiar voices, The voice casting is great

And the performance was spectacular,the visuals and music. Looks like the narrator guy wants to be manager for them
TsubasavoApr 17, 2019 9:13 PM
Apr 17, 2019 11:57 PM

Mar 2014
2 million likes? that's astonishing.
Apr 17, 2019 11:59 PM

Aug 2013
This series is the magic right here...man...I'm not a huge music anime kind of guy but I'm really enjoying this series so much. The music is just...oof yes
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 18, 2019 12:45 AM

Jan 2010
It's so beautiful, the visuals, the music and the atmosphere is so carefree! Probably one of the best things we'll get this year.

My only concern is that with 24 episodes it's too long and they'll have to pad it with filler. I've seen it with Watanabe before in Cowboy Bebop, where absolutely nothing happens for like 12 episodes mid series - remember Ed? "shudders"
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 18, 2019 1:05 AM

Jan 2015
Holy fuck, this freaking episode. Gave me so many goosebumps during the perfomance.
An high quality anime indeed
Apr 18, 2019 1:15 AM
Aug 2008
2 mln likes in 1 day.

Their career will blow Mars out of the orbit.
Apr 18, 2019 1:23 AM

Oct 2017
Following this trend , this anime could easily be the anime of the season, or even anime of the year.

The conflict between AI replicating human's soul to create song vs people who really put soul into their song is really interesting. The current popular singers all seem to just be like an Idol figure, and let AI handle all their songs.

Also surprised that Tuesday's mother is freaking next president candidate XD. She's richer than I thought.

Also the complete version of Loneliest Girl is sooo good. Love it so much. Ofc it's going to be popular if someone posted this online :) Good dude did the right thing!

Also do I need to mention how gorgeous the whole episode is? Animation is sooo good, I say better than Violet Evergarden because the whole town looks so lively. There's never a moment I feel the city is dull/ inactive. And that OP too, holy, even OP is so lively with gorgeous dancing animation.
Apr 18, 2019 1:24 AM

Oct 2017
Boltz said:
It's so beautiful, the visuals, the music and the atmosphere is so carefree! Probably one of the best things we'll get this year.

My only concern is that with 24 episodes it's too long and they'll have to pad it with filler. I've seen it with Watanabe before in Cowboy Bebop, where absolutely nothing happens for like 12 episodes mid series - remember Ed? "shudders"

I call this world building.
There's not much plot progression this episode , but I enjoy it to the fullest because it highlights the subtle detail of the society they're living in, which I'm really happy to know more about. Too many shows just rush the plot, and then use some boring exposition to explain the world to you.
Apr 18, 2019 1:33 AM
Mar 2019
It was a really great episode! Loved that song in full power! >.< I replayed it again and again!
Apr 18, 2019 2:17 AM
Nov 2018
holy shit! this anime is crazyyy good!!! i hope it gets even better!
Apr 18, 2019 2:31 AM

Nov 2014
Got a longer version The Loneliest Girl in this episode. I'm crazy into this song right now.
Apr 18, 2019 3:48 AM

May 2018
This really is a great anime. The song is very beautiful, it makes me cry haha.
Apr 18, 2019 4:57 AM

May 2015
meh,it's decent nothing amazing for now,pretty generic.
Apr 18, 2019 5:12 AM

Oct 2011
I was literally shook when the episode ended because it felt so short lol
Definitely keen for next week's episode already. Every aspect of this anime is enjoyable.
Apr 18, 2019 5:19 AM
Apr 2019
I've watched the first 2 episodes of it.

Although the animations and musics are worth the hype, I think the plot pacing of it is languid like a snail crawling on the sidewalk.

The next episode seems going to change a new writer, though, so I hope the writing and pacing will get better!
Apr 18, 2019 5:52 AM
Aug 2008
nanashi796 said:

Generic? Interesting, if it's so generic then name 3 similar titles.

TheUnknownKnown said:

Although the animations and musics are worth the hype, I think the plot pacing of it is languid like a snail crawling on the sidewalk.

The next episode seems going to change a new writer, though, so I hope the writing and pacing will get better!

It will have 24 episodes. No wonder it seems slow.
Apr 18, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2016
I would've fired the security guards

Hmm, I wonder if AI would also be able to create stories for some anime xD But man, I seriously don't like Angelas attitude, feels like being an artist means nothing to her. Moreover, I dunno if I will become a fan of the black/white contrast between her and Carole & Tuesday, which they try to portray, but I also don't really mind it. Angela could still undergo a change or they explore how society negatively affected her ambition.

And lol, a paid mourner is quite the unusual part time job.

Pretty good episode again, definitely the most enjoyable series this season. Kinda impressed that they got 2mio(?) likes for their performance. Fuck the 300 disliker xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2019 6:00 AM

May 2015
Wojtini21 said:
nanashi796 said:

TheUnknownKnown said:

nana,beck,sakamichi to apollon,nodame cantabile,and many other music anime,for now is the most generic anime of watanabe shinichiro
Apr 18, 2019 6:25 AM
Jul 2009
nanashi796 said:
Wojtini21 said:

nana,beck,sakamichi to apollon,nodame cantabile,and many other music anime,for now is the most generic anime of watanabe shinichiro

The only thing those shows have in common is that they deal with music. This show in particular is about the difference between music produced by people and music produced by AI. I haven't seen any show tackling this sort of concept before so it's anything but generic.
1idd0kunApr 18, 2019 6:29 AM
Apr 18, 2019 6:33 AM

Nov 2018
I'm actually loving this show, from its music to how good the animation quality is (and hopefully the story as well).

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Apr 18, 2019 6:57 AM

Mar 2018
Underrrated show.
Apr 18, 2019 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
i cant believe this anime so pretty good ..

must watch this season !!!
Apr 18, 2019 7:04 AM

May 2015
1idd0kun said:
nanashi796 said:

The only thing those shows have in common is that they deal with music. This show in particular is about the difference between music produced by people and music produced by AI. I haven't seen any show tackling this sort of concept before so it's anything but generic.
for me is generic, i've seen hundreds of better anime than this
Apr 18, 2019 7:18 AM
Jul 2009
nanashi796 said:
1idd0kun said:

for me is generic, i've seen hundreds of better anime than this

So you think it's generic because there are better shows. That's not what generic means though.
Apr 18, 2019 7:28 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
It is too early to praise or to bury the show. From animation perspective, it is good but it is going to have 24 episodes so no idea if the quality would change. About story, it is acceptable but lets not compare it with Nana, Beck, etc .. yet

Apr 18, 2019 8:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That is an amazing OP, I didn't expect anything less from Bones

Another pretty good episode though, seems like things are starting to turn for the better since the drunk guy wants to manage them and the other dude posted their song online (Dat 2 Million likes tho)

And speaking of the song, hearing the lyrics made is sooo much more better :'')
Apr 18, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
Ah we are now getting a fuller rendition of "A Loneliest Girl", it sounded amazing! The sakuga involved is top notch as well, they are really putting tons of effort into the performances.

I wouldn't really say the pacing is that slow, the two of them just met the last episode, and in this episode they had a recorded video that went viral which lands them to Gus. If anything that isn't slow to me.

Apr 18, 2019 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode, it looks like they're finally getting some recognition
Apr 18, 2019 8:39 AM
Jul 2009
Lord_Odous said:
I wouldn't really say the pacing is that slow, the two of them just met the last episode, and in this episode they had a recorded video that went viral which lands them to Gus. If anything that isn't slow to me.

Yeah, it's not a slow at all. Most people just don't understand the concept of pacing. At this point it has become a meaningless buzzword.
Apr 18, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
I found myself far more invested with the model than the two girls.
Apr 18, 2019 9:27 AM

Oct 2012
Still some happy-go-lucky developement there (like the heck they were even able to play on that stage and how uncompetent those guards have to not be able to catch them after that) but the song itself was great (although mouth animation still sucks).

We even got Carole's backstory (she's my favourite right now) but Tuesday still seems more like comedy relief character than anything else. Some backstory for her is direly needed.

Overall, it was still a nice watch and unlike the previous episode it sparked my intrigue about what happens next. And I really hope some hurdles are coming on their road to success (the way their story is told, they are not really suited for the big stage of showbusiness but with 2 million likes overnight they are basically superstars right now, everyone will start to recognize them - I really hope the anime reflects this).

The problem I have with this anime so far is that everything seems so good to be true, there are plot-driven coincidences and now they are already in the business without even trying. Seems like the next step is the performance in Gus' bar and I really hope they won't just rotate only one song (however it's good).

The use of Instagram is bit jarring but hey someone had to pay for the anime and some product placement (the same with Hummingbird) doesn't hurt I guess, can accept that if it's not overdone.
Apr 18, 2019 9:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The show can get pretty morbid. Just watch the whole deceased scene. Even her laughing in front of the deceased had me quite surprised.

Same with the vocal cord scene, that's straight up torture, what the hell?

The music just continues to be amazing.

I wonder if we'll actually hear some well known songs from said Cyndi Lauper for example, that would be damn cool.
Apr 18, 2019 9:34 AM
Feb 2017
The City looks absolutely beautiful.
Apr 18, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
One of the reasons I'm enjoying this show so much is that it has many fine details. I loved how Carole was running around in circles, to give Tuesday time to escape. This isn't some random cheap anime - you can tell a lot of work went into writing and production, even though it has an easygoing atmosphere.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 18, 2019 9:45 AM
Aug 2008
nanashi796 said:

You literally named ALL popular music anime. And it's only 4 titles among thousands of series. There are no more good music anime (OK, DMC is also good but it's 5 titles, no more).

"and many other music anime"? - THERE ARE NONE. And you know it.

You don't know what generic means. Because no other anime take a topic of AI technology with music industry.

Fucking kids, eh.
Wojtini21Apr 18, 2019 9:48 AM
Apr 18, 2019 9:58 AM
Aug 2018
Beautiful episode!!! <333
Btw anyone disliking the ads in MAL now? :’(
Apr 18, 2019 10:02 AM

May 2015
Yet another episode to prove it's the best show this season so far and I wasn't disappointed. It was fun! Love how these girls are so carefree. The OP was beautiful too.
Apr 18, 2019 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
1idd0kun said:
Lord_Odous said:

Yeah, it's not a slow at all. Most people just don't understand the concept of pacing. At this point it has become a meaningless buzzword.

Exactly.

It's mind boggling to see some ignorant people in Mal said this show pace like a snail, when all this show does is flashing out its world, its characters , its concept, and lots "show not tell" moment.

To them, they just want SHOCK FACTOR in first episode and that's it. It gotta be something like Attack on Titan, everything went shit in first episode , to fit their "proper pacing".

I rather have more shows doing "show not tell", proper world building, proper character development, than most of the shonen/isekai nowadays which can only rely on shock factor in first episode to grab attention.
Apr 18, 2019 10:30 AM
Aug 2018

EPISODE WAS GREAAATU
Apr 18, 2019 10:31 AM
Nov 2018
Boltz said:

I didn't know that original series could have filler, that's some new knowledge to me
Apr 18, 2019 10:36 AM
Nov 2018
Pipe said:
It is too early to praise or to bury the show. From animation perspective, it is good but it is going to have 24 episodes so no idea if the quality would change. About story, it is acceptable but lets not compare it with Nana, Beck, etc .. yet

Don't see the need of being so modest, if the first two episodes have been good the first two episodes have been good and the animation is ridiculous so please don't be pessimistic, it is better for us if it maintains it's quality.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

100 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

180 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 17, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

120 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 17, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

211 by jumbosan »»
Jan 29, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2019

98 by jumbosan »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.