Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Genos in an apron lmao

Cool to see Fubuki yet again this episode. She has such a badass presence in this show. Looks like the episode adapted chapter 42+. And also welcome back Sonic!

Oct 2013
ehhhh the fubuki vs Saitaman fight wasn't as hype as I thought it would be, animation was ok imo.

The genos/saitaman vs sonic fight was decent though.

uninstallthegame said:
that Fubuki sandstorm was underwhelming, but hey Genos vs Sonic wasn't super bad
at least the Garou scene wasn't ruined, even though they cut his little backstory

I don't know why, but when I read the manga I always thought it was ice, like a hail storm. smh
keragammingApr 16, 2019 10:00 AM

Dec 2017
that Fubuki sandstorm was underwhelming, but hey Genos vs Sonic wasn't super bad
at least the Garou scene wasn't ruined, even though they cut his little backstory
Apr 16, 2019 9:56 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, I think that is a bit better than the first episode.

We know more about Fubuki.

Garou is dangerous lol.
NurguburuMay 16, 2019 3:49 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 16, 2019 9:59 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Considering how this episode established my two favorite OPM characters (Garou and Fubuki), this was very fun episode. Garou's one hell of of a human monster and now starts his hero hunting. Saitama disrespecting Fubuki was hilarious, lol. "Konnichiwa, Saitama desu. Yoroshikuuu".

Action animation was pretty meh. A couple of animation cuts, but a lot of still shots. It makes sense to use still shots when Saitama says long lines like those in the middle of the fight, but the still shots weren't that well placed. Genos vs. Sonic utilized better still-shots though. Not enough animation cuts though, even if the effects animations remain quite good. LMAO, those Saitama side jumps though XD

We get to find out that Fubuki is Tatsumaki's little sister (not older, lol). And she gets to find out that Saitama's stong and has some S-rank connections. After ED scene is great, lol. Oni Cyborg and... Hageman :P
Apr 16, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2016
Did they change Saitama's VA? The way he talks sounds different and a bit cringey. I guess the sound director makes a big difference
Apr 16, 2019 10:05 AM

Dec 2017
keragamming said:

I don't know why, but when I read the manga I always thought it was ice, like a hail storm. smh

why would it be ice when she picks up debris and shit?
Apr 16, 2019 10:06 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
uninstallthegame said:
keragamming said:

Maybe it's because of her name and all.
Apr 16, 2019 10:07 AM

Feb 2018
It got worse.... much worse, the fight is an abomination, just a bunch of still images.
Some times they didn't even bother to do lip flaps, but instead increased the size of fubukis breasts and made them jiggle, I mean wtf is this shit. The shading is still terrible, and they couldn't even make the characters looks alright, or make their moves look half decent.
Apr 16, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2008
Well shit. That was pretty terrible. Looked worse than the first episode. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Apr 16, 2019 10:17 AM
Jan 2016
Im giving it one more episode and Im dropping it
Apr 16, 2019 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
uninstallthegame said:
keragamming said:

I don't know maybe because the way it was drawn in the manga.
Apr 16, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
I know some of you guys have noticed this as well but, Saitama's tone is literally always the same despite his changing expressions, WTH is up with the sound direction here? are they having Furukawa literally have the same tone over every line he delivers? because we know he has the range to pull it off, his S1 work was a lot better than this, and I was expecting a lot more from him cause his Shirogane from Kaguya was fun.

That being said... yeap, the animation got worst, like a lot of you said above its a majority of stills with camera shake effects and glares.. I knew we'd get a downgrade sooner or later but not this soon.
PS. The colors still throws me off, I may drop this as it bothers me too much, I could take bad animation so long as I like the series (I literally finished their Index III and DaL III so you know I can do it!) but the color palette hurts my eyes and twitches my brain.

On the positive side, FUBUKIIIII! at least they made Fubuki's fubuki giggle even a little and they sure as hell focused on them when Saitama went in close.
Apr 16, 2019 10:36 AM
May 2016
Fuck this show already. The first half was alright, Garou's parts were okay despite them fucking up a lot of the effectiveness of some of the coolest pages in those chapters and skipping Garou's backstory. The 2nd half was such a fucking trainwreck though, the only bit that was actually good was the first part of Genos vs Sonic, the animation and music was HYPE for a good bit.

What is with this fucking pacing? The direction is astonishingly bad. They don't let any jokes actually sit, the cuts between scenes is jarring as hell and so is the way they try and use OST in the 2nd half. They covered 121 pages of the manga in a single ep, they're rushing so bad it's not even funny. Literally no reason to watch the anime considering they're going for a panel-by-panel recreation with worse art than the manga. Man comparing this to season 1, what a joke.

Easily worse than the first episode. The 1st ep got my benefit of the doubt because they did the humour pretty well and the direction wasn't too bad despite it being mostly stills with a few bursts of actual decent animation. I get the feeling it's all going to be downhill from here, they're rushing things far too quickly.
Apr 16, 2019 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
They literally skipped garou friggin backstory with justice man are u serious
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 16, 2019 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
Hyped to see Fubuki appear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2018
Yourmom53 said:
Im giving it one more episode and Im dropping it

Just read the manga, it is much much better.
Apr 16, 2019 10:54 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Modernoir said:
They covered 121 pages of the manga in a single ep, they're rushing so bad it's not even funny.
That's pretty much the same amount of pages the first episode covered. Ever since the Boros arc, OPM has less dialogue per page than usual, hence a faster pace should be used. Episodes in S1 covered 90-120 pages, S2 should be in the 120-150 range, which occasional episodes adapting more. And stuff like the

This episode skipped nothing besides that 30 second Garou flashback, that can still be incorporated in the upcoming episodes. Whether the jokes work or not is because of the directing. The overall pace is equivalent to S1.

I've made a guess on how the pacing will be for this season before, and so far, it's how the anime's turning out
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Episode 01 - Punch 38-40 - 128 pages
Episode 02 - Punch 41-45 - 146 pages
Episode 03 - Punch 46-51 - 116 pages
Episode 04 - Punch 52-58 - 140 pages
Episode 05 - Punch 59-62 - 110 pages
Episode 06 - Punch 63-66 - 131 pages
Episode 07 - Punch 67-69 - 119 pages
Episode 08 - Punch 70-72 - 167 pages
Episode 09 - Punch 73-75 - 133 pages
Episode 10 - Punch 76-79 - 140 pages
Episode 11 - Punch 80-83 - 198 pages
Episode 12 - Punch 84-85 - 187 pages
GoldenDevilGamerApr 23, 2019 10:03 AM
Apr 16, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
I love Saitama and King are already friends lol
and the scene where Garou wrecks everyone was awesome
Apr 16, 2019 10:57 AM

Dec 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:

hmm, i dunno, maybe cuz of her cold personality? Tatsumaki is named that way too, despite not creating tornadoes

@keragamming yeah, it did look like that for a moment to me as well, especially that first panel with the huge storm. but then they showed the rocks and pebbles being lifted. even Saitama mentions that
Apr 16, 2019 10:58 AM
May 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Modernoir said:
They covered 121 pages of the manga in a single ep, they're rushing so bad it's not even funny.
That's pretty much the same amount of pages the first episode covered. Ever since the Boros arc, OPM has less dialogue per page than usual, hence a faster pace should be used. Episodes in S1 covered 90-120 pages, S2 should be in the 120-150 range, which occasional episodes adapting more. And stuff like the

This episode skipped nothing besides that 30 second Garou flashback, that can still be incorporated in the upcoming episodes. Whether the jokes work or not is because of the directing. The overall pace is equivalent to S1.

I've made a guess on how the pacing will be for this season before, and so far, it's how the anime's turning out
[quote=GoldenDevilGamer message=57358037Episode 01 - Punch 38-40 - 128 pages
[/quote]
When you put it like that it boggles me then why this episode felt so rushed. It felt like they covered far more than they should've and as a result it felt really damn sloppy, it's noticeably worse than the first episode imo
Apr 16, 2019 10:58 AM

Oct 2014
Wow, that was so boring, it's just not funny anymore. If it is already looking like this, I can't fathom how bad the animation will be in the later episodes.
Apr 16, 2019 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
I'm still very disappointed with the animation

For an average show it could be a good animation, but for One Punch Man, it's an absolute downgrade and it really hurts

Besides that it's still enjoyable to watch thanks to the humor and the characters
Apr 16, 2019 11:01 AM
Jan 2018
I have seen many comments saying they cut stuff .... Get used to it JC staff loves cutting shit tone of content
Apr 16, 2019 11:02 AM
Jan 2018
Modernoir said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

[quote=GoldenDevilGamer message=57358037Episode 01 - Punch 38-40 - 128 pages

When you put it like that it boggles me then why this episode felt so rushed. It felt like they covered far more than they should've and as a result it felt really damn sloppy, it's noticeably worse than the first episode imo [/quote]

XD that what they get for giving it to a stuido that loves cutting content
Apr 16, 2019 11:04 AM
Jan 2018
Modernoir said:
Fuck this show already. The first half was alright, Garou's parts were okay despite them fucking up a lot of the effectiveness of some of the coolest pages in those chapters and skipping Garou's backstory. The 2nd half was such a fucking trainwreck though, the only bit that was actually good was the first part of Genos vs Sonic, the animation and music was HYPE for a good bit.

What is with this fucking pacing? The direction is astonishingly bad. They don't let any jokes actually sit, the cuts between scenes is jarring as hell and so is the way they try and use OST in the 2nd half. They covered 121 pages of the manga in a single ep, they're rushing so bad it's not even funny. Literally no reason to watch the anime considering they're going for a panel-by-panel recreation with worse art than the manga. Man comparing this to season 1, what a joke.

Easily worse than the first episode. The 1st ep got my benefit of the doubt because they did the humour pretty well and the direction wasn't too bad despite it being mostly stills with a few bursts of actual decent animation. I get the feeling it's all going to be downhill from here, they're rushing things far too quickly.

Hello have you met JC staff and the directors . They cut content like a Christmas turkey. .. in big slices
Apr 16, 2019 11:10 AM

Jan 2019
can someone explain to me why madhouse didn't do season 2?
im confused why a different studio took up OPM
its a fucking insult
Apr 16, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
I finished the episode and was thinking: "Hey, that wasn't too bad much like Episode 1!"

I then took a look at the staff credits and I immediately wanted to take that statement back.

5 Chief Animation Directors in the 2nd episode for a serviceable result is...disastrous to say the least.
Apr 16, 2019 11:11 AM
Jan 2018
Daphi said:
its a fucking insult

Does it matter either way it would be the same more or less

And proper guess I would say greed.
Apr 16, 2019 11:15 AM

Feb 2018
Fappa said:
I finished the episode and was thinking: "Hey, that wasn't too bad much like Episode 1!"

I then took a look at the staff credits and I immediately wanted to take that statement back.

5 Chief Animation Directors in the 2nd episode for a serviceable result is...disastrous to say the least.

Why did they even need 5 animation directors ? It was mostly still images anyways.
Apr 16, 2019 11:15 AM

May 2012
It seems many hater giving this 1/5 just because they are angry about animation.

The animation does not look bad at all. Maybe not as good as season 1, but it is not bad if you compare it to most of other anime. Also, animation is not everything, are people really watching this just because of visuals ?! not because of Saitama, humor etc ?! It is like saying that I only play games only for graphics
Apr 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Feb 2018
Daphi said:
its a fucking insult

The staff that worked on opm did a different show.
Go read the manga.
Apr 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
Garou is too powerful, taking down all those people. His hero hunting begins.

Apr 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
If we keep getting action scenes of this quality then it will look much worse than I thought later on.
Apr 16, 2019 11:21 AM

Feb 2011
It's wasn't good enough to love it and not bad enough to hate it.
Apr 16, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2015
xShinigami3125 said:

Why did they even need 5 animation directors ? It was mostly still images anyways.

Whether there is lots of animation or not, individual frames need to be corrected in order to follow a overarching design. More animation directors means that there is not enough time for the regular staff distribution to make it before the deadline. This in return of course results in precious time taken from other episodes that shares the same staff.

So in short...the more ADs the worse the state of the production. Of course in action heavy episodes the frame count tends to be higher so an AD might need help but that should never amount to more than 2 at most. In a healthy production merely one AD per episode is needed.

For an episode 2 with a rathe...conservative result to already have the need to put 5 Chief ADs on it, is horrific and is a clear sign in what dire state the production is.
Apr 16, 2019 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
thepath said:
It seems many hater giving this 1/5 just because they are angry about animation.

The animation does not look bad at all. Maybe not as good as season 1, but it is not bad if you compare it to most of other anime. Also, animation is not everything, are people really watching this just because of visuals ?! not because of Saitama, humor etc ?! It is like saying that I only play games only for graphics

Many people are also angry by the rushed content and the cut backstory of garou diminishing the inpact of him joining the monster association.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 16, 2019 11:27 AM

Feb 2018
Fappa said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Whether there is lots of animation or not, individual frames need to be corrected in order to follow a overarching design. More animation directors means that there is not enough time for the regular staff distribution to make it before the deadline. This in return of course results in precious time taken from other episodes that shares the same staff.

So in short...the more ADs the worse the state of the production. Of course in action heavy episodes the frame count tends to be higher so an AD might need help but that should never amount to more than 2 at most. In a healthy production merely one AD per episode is needed.

For an episode 2 with a rathe...conservative result to already have the need to put 5 Chief ADs on it, is horrific and is a clear sign in what dire state the production is.

I wasn't seriously asking, I just wanted to shit on the episode, but thx anyways.
Apr 16, 2019 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
Well this is one anime forum that will be a waste of time coming back to for this season .
Apr 16, 2019 11:30 AM

Sep 2017
thepath said:

Having a bad/correct animation is not really important for certain genres of anime like, for example, slice of life or non-action animes, but One Punch Man is a show about superheroes, about epic and gigantic battles between overpowered characters
Animation is essential and crucial in this kind of show, without it OPM is indeed less good even if it's still the same humor, characters or scenario

The animation in S1 was gorgeous and that's one of the reasons why this anime is (was) so appreciated and popular

Plus, having a correct/average animation is even an insult to the manga, which is gorgeous too

So yay, tldr, OPM needs a gorgeous animation to be really enjoyable, and that's not the case for S2
Feb 2018
Fuck ton of drama and fights out of the fucking nowhere with the characters no one (of those I know) cares about. Such a shame.

May 2016
Well that was fucking terrible and I'm in pain. They ruined so much otherwise amazing shit this episode. Not just the action, but even the comedy and dialogue are feeling weak now. The direction is awful. Show more close up zooms of everyone and everything, and keep cutting to after the movement and impact for everything, that's great... And how many 1-color backgrounds was that for the character close ups? Just about every character and scene contained multiple... Also who needs detail when you can just cloud everything with shitty fucking effects and make the scene last just one second? And the design choice for Genos' arms was questionable, but what the hell is wrong with Sonic's armor? WHO thought that looked good?? And who thought cutting Garou's backstory would be a good idea? The one bit that MAKES the comedy/parody here and saves it and him from being seemingly just badly written.

OPM just feels like a trashy generic shonen right now, they've even made the delivering of Saitama's lines feel cringey and lifeless. Fuck, fuck, FUCK the production committee for being greedy and impatient and handing it off to this (largely) too inexperienced and incompetent staff. Am triggered.
ZaugrApr 16, 2019 11:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Can't wait for the fanboys to come out and defend this. This was literally the worst animated action scenes I've seen this season. The only good point about this episode was the comedy 10/10.
Apr 16, 2019 11:39 AM

Jan 2019
xShinigami3125 said:
Daphi said:
its a fucking insult

The staff that worked on opm did a different show.
Go read the manga.

i already did
im fairly up to date on the manga
im sure there are other reasons why they didnt pick up OPM instead of something else that is less successful, im guessing its a budget thing but it still pisses me off when studios switch like that

Apr 16, 2019 11:40 AM

Oct 2013
uninstallthegame said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

hmm, i dunno, maybe cuz of her cold personality? Tatsumaki is named that way too, despite not creating tornadoes

@keragamming yeah, it did look like that for a moment to me as well, especially that first panel with the huge storm. but then they showed the rocks and pebbles being lifted. even Saitama mentions that

I guess I miss that part where saitama mention it.
Apr 16, 2019 11:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm generally not someone who joins the moanfests, but it cannot be avoided in this case. The drop in animation and art quality from season one is significant. No other big studios were available?

It's a shame. I consider Fubuki to have one of the most beautiful character designs in any manga. Gorgeous. Yet They animated her all over the place and I swear her cup size changed like 5 times in the course of the episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2019 11:45 AM

Sep 2018
50% of the comments are still talking about One Punch Man being bad, there's nothing wrong with the anime seriously, it's so fucking good, i don't see any problems with it, why is everyone still nitpicking? just be happy it got a second season, there are lots of animes that don't even get a second season or do you guys want this to get cancelled cause of your stupid ranting

can't wait for the next episode, love the comedy in this anime
Apr 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Mar 2017
This was a great episode! SO much better than last weeks. I liked that there was more action (even though the quality was meh)

Did Blizzard say Tatsumaki is her OLDER sister?! hahaha
Apr 16, 2019 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Farabeuf said:
I'm generally not someone who joins the moanfests, but it cannot be avoided in this case. The drop in animation and art quality from season one is significant. No other big studios were available?

It's a shame. I consider Fubuki to have one of the most beautiful character designs in any manga. Gorgeous. Yet They animated her all over the place and I swear her cup size changed like 5 times in the course of the episode.

Just give it to ufotable/bones, even if they use CGI at some parts, could never get worse than this if they take it.
Apr 16, 2019 11:52 AM

Mar 2018
and here it goes. the anime is becoming another "litterally only the manga panels colored in with no further animation" anime. get read for more still images!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.