Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2019 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty interesting storytelling about the temple.

I mean, this show has some great ways to explores its world setting but to envelop with its story context makes it even more interesting. We also got the appearance of yet another youkai (more hideous imo than usual though in terms of look)
Apr 15, 2019 7:22 AM

Apr 2016
Hmm ... we late today, it seems.

Okay well, next time a dude with big eyeballs is inviting you to his house, common sense dictates "RUN!".
SwagernatorApr 15, 2019 12:22 PM
Apr 15, 2019 11:34 AM
Dec 2018
another meh episode. looks like the next week will be interesting. we finally get to see some demon slaying
Apr 15, 2019 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
cant get used to this new opening tbh. i got too used to the first one
Apr 15, 2019 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
The episode just started and immediately removed my mixed feeling what I had with that last episode's "little mystery". So it was just a map which I gotta admit that was really clever way of hiding it.

Anyway this episode was also quite good and somehow rather found most entertaining and flawless from this show presented so far for me. The mystery was interesting and did a great use of foreshadowing and this time did end with a great cliffhanger. I really feel like animation particularly improved since last episode (not to mention, as far I remember, this is one of few show not using cgi at all unlike most other recent shows would used at this similar situation).

And yeah I really hope this time Hyakkimaru will get his eye.. seeing him sleeping with open eye did made me quite sad :(
Apr 15, 2019 11:44 AM
Mar 2019
That's right mappa!! keep us hyped!!
Apr 15, 2019 11:51 AM
Feb 2017
SkyDrop said:

And yeah I really hope this time Hyakkimaru will get his eye.. seeing him sleeping with open eye did made me quite sad :(

I think he was just acting like he was sleeping. Hyakkimaru sleeps with closed eyes (we can see it briefly in ep 5 and 13)
Apr 15, 2019 11:53 AM
Feb 2017
Not gonna lie, this episode was quite... Weird. It just felt really weird.
But one thing I love is Hyakkimaru's constant "I don't give a f*ck" attitude, if anything in his life can be ignored, he sure will try to ignore it
Apr 15, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2018
Really good episode compared to the one last week, wonder what Dororo will do about his father secret.
Apr 15, 2019 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
Damn the monsters this episode were nasty. Most disgusting looking ones yet lmao

Dororo also seems to be getting bigger choices than she can handle. Big F
Short_CircutApr 15, 2019 1:04 PM
Apr 15, 2019 1:04 PM

Feb 2018
Good episode. It's clever how Dororo's parents hid the map on her. I wonder how she will handle that situation? I hope they do find the gold because they deserve happiness, they've been through so much and Dororo is still really struggling with her parents deaths.

Hyakkimaru seems set on destroying all the demons, and I hope he'll get another body part back when killing this one. Part of me hopes it's his eyes but then he may not be able to "see" the true demons. He could get his arms back but then he'd have to start carrying a sword, and he seems much more proficient with his sword arms.

The ghosts at the burned down temple were creepy, but the real demons are more insect style ones, besides the guy with the weird eyes. Another example of someone going to extremes to protect his land. The plot here was decent but nothing amazing yet. I'm just anxious to see what happens with Hyakkimaru's family. I like the world building but I hope they don't drag it out too long. I love old Japan settings so I can enjoy it regardless.
Apr 15, 2019 1:06 PM
Sep 2015
When Dororo's dad appear this episode is already a YES from me, I love him.
Dororo always find an excuse to bath with Hyakkimaru, this time it's Butterfly's powder. When Tahomaru has not once bath with his big brother yet!
While I hate Dororo's attention seeking for Hyakkimaru's love, I just love her acting when they talk about ghoul and talk about how lucky they are that they haven't eaten by ghoul when in fact she doesn't believe in his story a bit LOL.
Apr 15, 2019 1:25 PM
Apr 2019
Hyakkimaru was suspicious of the trap and pretended to fall on it.
Hyakkimaru after recovering parts of his body, what will be his project for the future?
Apr 15, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2016
Moths are absolutely disgusting :@

Interesting episode, mainly for more of Dororo's past, her possible future and Biwamarus's speech.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2019 2:15 PM

Apr 2017
i just wanna know what the actual fuck that baby creature was. absolute peak comedy tbh :')

also, idk why they went ahead and trusted a guy who literally doesn't fucking blink, like what the fuck lmao. seems like the mothra itself has made its way to the boys...
Apr 15, 2019 2:31 PM

Jun 2015
Original chapter and extra original Dororo's past. I'll take that
Apr 15, 2019 2:33 PM

Apr 2015
Yikes, I normally quite like the looks of Moths but damn that one was sure creepy.. Not even gonna mention the caterpillar, that was just straight nightmare fuel!!

I wonder what Dororo will decide with her father's life ambitions. That map has become quite an interesting thing to look out for in the plot later on in the Anime.
Apr 15, 2019 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
Dororo's mother really went through that living hell, losing her life and risking Dororo's future in order to safeguard her husband's "ambition". It's admirable, but also so silly that I don't even know what to say.

The monk had a point when he said that Dororo and Hyakkimaru have a lot of options now that they can get their hands on this source of power called money. It really is a grand thing in this world, and it isn't to be underestimated. But then he just had to go and say that as if Hyakkimaru's quest to recover his body is a bad thing, or as if he was doing it out of pettiness or something just "to ruin" Daigo's land.

He has no reason to care about that place, let alone sacrifice himself for it. But fortunately he paid him no heed. At least for now... But that moth demon was pretty cool, and by what she said, Hyakkimaru is finally going to get another part of his body back! Can't wait! Those ayakashi were pretty weird too, but they are most certainly victims.
Apr 15, 2019 3:56 PM
Apr 2016
Another episode another demon! This one was rather disgusting...like damn.
Apr 15, 2019 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was creepy as fuck.
Apr 15, 2019 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
Dororo's dad was drawing the most simple of maps on the ground. Turned out to be solid art. Guess his wife couldn't see his true artistic nature :>.

Of course they stepped right into the hands of some lord helping out a demon.
Apr 15, 2019 6:05 PM

Oct 2017
praisethevillain said:

Prime Video is late uploading (again)... Really frustrating... thanks Amazon.

Facts. I can't believe Prime isn't uploading on time anymore! They always had it up when I wanted to watch the next episode, but this is the second time they didn't have it and I had to scroll around YouTube.

phxntomhiveghoul said:
i just wanna know what the actual fuck that baby creature was. absolute peak comedy tbh :')

also, idk why they went ahead and trusted a guy who literally doesn't fucking blink, like what the fuck lmao.

Lol yeah like what is that creepy baby?! I wonder if it has to do with the whole story the non-blinking creepy guy said about the children dying in the fire... wonder if that's the ghost of one of the kids who died...(would be a creepy ghost though)
And yeah as soon as I saw the guy's eyes and how creepy they were, and the fact that they never blinked, I knew he was trouble
Apr 15, 2019 6:27 PM

Mar 2013
I think hyakimaru does not see sabame as fully red because sabame thinks he's helping the monsters for a good cause!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 15, 2019 6:29 PM

Oct 2015
Sabame did seem like a shady type from the beginning, I wonder why he's feeding strangers to that moth/butterfly.

Also didn't get why the butterfly took that caterpillar, that was strange big time. But nevertheless I'm intrigued.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 15, 2019 6:36 PM

Mar 2016
So, today's references are from Golden Kamui (that thing dororo has on his back) and Spirited Away (the big baby).
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 15, 2019 7:38 PM

Jul 2016
Eh... honestly, I found the baby spirit to be disturbingly cute. Now, if the next episode reveals he was one of the kids who died in the fire, I will most likely break down into tears :/

Overall, it was a rather intriguing episode. The dilemma Dororo will have to deal with in the future seems very interesting, it makes me wonder what she will finally do with the gold.
Apr 15, 2019 7:53 PM
Jan 2019
Good episode! It brings back memories of the first time I saw Dororo's Live Action.
I remember that the baby monster is the set of spirits of the children who died in the fire. And there are more monstrous caterpillars from where that came.
What a surprise! Discovering that what Dororo has engraved on his back is a map of the booty that his father hid, surprised me. Now the question is what will Dororo decide?
Apr 15, 2019 9:19 PM

May 2018
Great episode. Ffs that huge baby freaked me out at first. I hope that baby and woman (i believe it's the nun from the temple) will find peace.

Well, never trust a man with cruel glare in their eyes. I got chills, he is creepy.

Eww, i hate moths and butterflies. And creepy crawly caterpillars with extra pairs of human hands. No thanks!
Apr 15, 2019 9:20 PM
Jan 2016
So Dororo's father made a drawing in Dororo's back with the map of their legacy, what an interesting idea, i wonder what Doror will decido to do in future and igf they will try to find that!

The spirits at start putted me really curious about, Hyakkymaru acepted Sabame's request to visit their place expecting fo that trap!

Curious for next episode!
Apr 15, 2019 9:45 PM

Aug 2012
Not a bad episode. Although that whole monologue from the monk made me disgusted to my guts. Is clear whoever wrote that piece does not understand the nature of money
Apr 15, 2019 11:04 PM

May 2015
They sure put a lot of detail on the map on their backs...

You know, Hyakkimaru being able to see evil intent is one of the things that make him so intriguing to watch. Whenever a strange creature appears, we wait until we see it behind Hyakkimaru's eyes to know if it is friendly or not. Giant baby looks creepy, but Hyakkimaru sees that it isn't a threat. It's nice to see...

They're sleeping on brick pillows...

Hmm...Hyakkimaru saw some evil intent in Lord Sabame. However, it's that moth monster that seems to be pulling all the strings. Sabame seems to want to protect his town and is probably using the moth to protect it. But since it is a demon, Hyakkimaru is going to hunt it down. But if he kills Lord Sabame and the demon, what will happen to the village?

Apr 15, 2019 11:20 PM

Aug 2012
Tarotist said:
They sure put a lot of detail on the map on their backs...

You know, Hyakkimaru being able to see evil intent is one of the things that make him so intriguing to watch. Whenever a strange creature appears, we wait until we see it behind Hyakkimaru's eyes to know if it is friendly or not. Giant baby looks creepy, but Hyakkimaru sees that it isn't a threat. It's nice to see...

They're sleeping on brick pillows...

Hmm...Hyakkimaru saw some evil intent in Lord Sabame. However, it's that moth monster that seems to be pulling all the strings. Sabame seems to want to protect his town and is probably using the moth to protect it. But since it is a demon, Hyakkimaru is going to hunt it down. But if he kills Lord Sabame and the demon, what will happen to the village?

Prosper? Just because the land is rich does not mean the people are happy and just because it is poor does not make people unhappy. Do you think the villagers are happy with the daimio taking almost al they produce through work and feeding them to a demon?
Apr 16, 2019 12:35 AM
May 2016
maybe the landlord is hypnotized i guess.. daaamn those monsters were so disgusting. in the end the demon moth-lady said something about hyakkimaru "coming to get back what was taken from him". does that mean that she is one of the demons his father had a deal with? so the story is progressing and he'll get a body part back by defeating her? seems like it'll be a difficult boss fight. i'm so eager for some action..
Apr 16, 2019 12:45 AM

Nov 2009
Starting to pick up a bit, next week's episode should be good. Miss the first opening though tbh lol
Apr 16, 2019 2:38 AM

Feb 2018
I would have liked something other than The "guy being used by a monster bitch" hopefully that's not the case .
Apr 16, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 2019
for me it was a meh episode again... :(
But I liked to know a little bit about Dororo's past
Apr 16, 2019 4:38 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was a terrible episode on all counts. That baby spirit or whatever was awful, and the whole "maps-on-backs" thing was pretty dumb too. And that's not even mentioning the priest's monologue about money that just felt completely out of place in a show like this.

The formula of this show is starting to get old now, especially when the storytelling quality drops so much like with this episode.
Apr 16, 2019 5:21 AM
Oct 2017
I think this episode was okay. i find it sad that Hyakkimaru treated Dororo like air most of the time but I am not mad at him for it, since he must have a lot on his mind and really wants his body back. I mean, the "I'm fine" from last episode was clearly a lie, but he doesn't have the vocabulary now to express all the raging thoughts inside his head and also, he does not seem like a person who would just sit down and talk it out, this is all new to him.

I was hoping for a bit more Taho and Daigo this episode, I mean, what's up with them? How is the Godess of Mercy statue doing? What is going on in The Hall of Hell?

The map thing is quite interesting but the monologue of the priest was out of of place...And I wish the priest and Hyakki would interact for once, I wish the priest would tell him what's up with his aura and that it is important to not cage yourself.

But what rubs me the most is the animation this episode, it seems like Mappa hasn't had that much budget because the movements were very stagnant and limited in my eyes. Well, I hope the impactful scenes which are yet to come are going to be more crisp and smooth.
Also, I wonder when Hyakki will get his eyes back? Maybe next episode? His eyes looked different in the trailer. Apropos trailer, it seems like Dororo and Hyakki get seperated? Well, I heard rumors. I think that would be great, because I think Hyakki needs space to realize how important Dororo is to him and that killing demons isn't everything. In fact, he has a lot more than before, he got all senses except vision and he got a lil sister, he isn't alone.

I am still curios wherw everything is going! If they are gonna follow the map, who the twelfth demon is and whAT IS GONNA HAPPEN BETWEEN HYAKKI, TAHO AND DAIGO? Who lives? Who dies? Will Hyakkimaru will get everything back? Or will Daigos land continue to strive upon his sacrifice?
Apr 16, 2019 5:58 AM

May 2015
Hmm, icky episode, this ugly ayakashi and demons here were not something I'd like to see for the whole two episodes...
Apr 16, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2015
Fayrin said:
But then he just had to go and say that as if Hyakkimaru's quest to recover his body is a bad thing, or as if he was doing it out of pettiness or something just "to ruin" Daigo's land.

He has no reason to care about that place, let alone sacrifice himself for it. But fortunately he paid him no heed. At least for now...

I'd kinda like to see them reveal more about Hyakki's desires and make more explicit statements than the OPs/EDs about why he wants to regain his body.
While we've explored why he fights the demons through the backstory with his adoptive father, we don't really understand or know for sure how he perceives his current body and whether he feels alienated or if his newfound senses (except his hearing because of Mio or communication with Dororo) have actually benefitted him enough to lead to him to wanting to discover the whole human body experience
Apr 16, 2019 8:49 AM
Dec 2017
Welp 0_0 ... I can safely say I kinda didn't have a clue what was going on the entire first half of this episode. Of course, things started to come together once Sabame started talking about the nunnery. Can't wait for next episode! Maybe Hyakkimaru will actually get a new body part back for the first time in like six episodes.
Apr 16, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Things are getting interesting, the episode felt like 5 minutes LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 11:12 AM

Apr 2018
Admit it this episode was boring. Nothing special just a random demon and that's it.
Apr 16, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2014
ofcourse he was the villain
Apr 16, 2019 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
Venomoth used Poison Powder.
Apr 16, 2019 4:20 PM
Dec 2018
I really didn't understand why this episode is boring... Well, it's their taste tho
This episode same with all 'calm' episode still quite solid to me, nothing waste
And I heard this arc also in manga, not original anime
I'm glad that blind monk mentioning about the "future" like, in original manga we even didn't know Hyakki and Dororo's future
But this eps slighly giving a hint
Apr 16, 2019 6:54 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

Interesting bit about Dororo's past and the drawing on his back.

So is the chief dude possessed by the moth demon or is he being mind controlled or does he have some sort of deal with the demon?

FMmatron said:
Moths are absolutely disgusting :@

This, I have too much childhood trauma from having to deal with those pesky little buggers that just don't know when to quit. Needless to say when that thing appeared, I did not take kindly to it. xD
Apr 16, 2019 7:37 PM
Jul 2017
This episode wasn't that great... I hope this isn't a trend that lasts all season.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Apr 16, 2019 10:56 PM
Jun 2012
Dororo might be my least favorite side character in awhile. Adds nothing to this show other then dialog and is just annoying.
Apr 16, 2019 11:53 PM

Dec 2016
Lord Sabame is one creepy fuck lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.