Forum Settings
Forums

Who is the most useless character that even if they were to be removed from the anime, nothing about the story will change?

New
Apr 12, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2016
My was a female character from Yu-gi-oh Zexal named Kotori. In a card game anime, she not only doesn't duel( except one time when she was mind controlled) but also the only thing she does in the entire anime is stand on the side line and scream the MC name. I know Yu-gi-oh isn't very good when it come to female characters, but other main girls in the series atleast have an arc or atleast participate in dueling before they got demoted from the story. Kotori here have no arc, have nothing importance to contribute to the story, she only there to provide fanservice. You could cut her from the show and nothing will lost( except 1 episode where she got mind controlled).
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2019 8:22 AM

Feb 2016
Half the cast of Domestic na Kanojo, they are introduced to fill in and they don't anything else for the rest of that anime.

Touko from Taboo Tatto as her whole role is just fanservice and died on the most stupid way possible

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 12, 2019 8:22 AM

Jan 2019
Leorio Paladiknight my bad I forgot he's an important character, he bought a phone that one time

I think if you removed Mari from the Eva Rebuilds, literally nothing would have changed except I would have enjoyed 3.0 more

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
Apr 12, 2019 8:28 AM
Apr 2019
Touma from index. Dull character, boring power, etc.
Apr 12, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2017
Mkonji69 said:

Wait. What?

How is he useless?? I agree that his power is boring but it's still powerful and he is the mc.
Apr 12, 2019 8:33 AM

Mar 2018
Invisible girl in MHA. So fucking lame
EsquirtitApr 12, 2019 10:18 AM
poop
Apr 12, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2017
Narancia ghirga.The only good thing he do in the story is being stupid
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2018
Balsamic_Vinegar said:
Leorio Paladiknight my bad I forgot he's an important character, he bought a phone that one time

I think if you removed Mari from the Eva Rebuilds, literally nothing would have changed except I would have enjoyed 3.0 more

I think Mari will be relevant in the future. In 4.0 something about her will be shown, you know.

But yeah she didn't do anything in both 2.0 and 3.0.

Half the Gold Saints in Saint Seiya.
Apr 12, 2019 8:39 AM

Aug 2016
Every single romance anime that throws in an entirely new character in the final few episodes just to have a forced and completely unnecessary love triangle to extend the run time of the series by a couple of episodes.
Apr 12, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2017
Mika Shimotsuki from Psycho-pass 2. She was irritating, and she did literally nothing in the whole series.
Apr 12, 2019 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
I love One Piece, but there're tons of characters you could remove and it wouldn't change much.

Also shoutout to God Serena, pointless guy whose entire purpose was to hype up characters from whom we already knew that they are strong af.
FMmatronApr 13, 2019 6:17 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2019 8:44 AM

Oct 2018
Albedo from Overlord, she wasn't meant to be on the novel overall, said so by the main creator.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 12, 2019 8:45 AM

Jan 2018
Mkonji69 said:

Have u even read OT and NT and for your information he's one of the strongest Index character and his power if boring that's because they haven't even shown his real power.
Apr 12, 2019 8:46 AM

Dec 2016
L_o_l_i said:
Albedo from Overlord, she wasn't meant to be on the novel overall, said so by the main creator.~

Kinda agree. She just there to foam over the MC and nothing else.
Apr 12, 2019 8:46 AM

Jan 2018
Just remove all the tsundere, manipulative bitches also chiho aah I fucking hate her.
Apr 12, 2019 8:48 AM

Oct 2018
Congintive said:
Just remove all the tsundere, manipulative bitches also chiho aah I fucking hate her.
Even Aisaka Taiga? She's part Tsun too..~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 12, 2019 8:55 AM

Jan 2018
L_o_l_i said:
Congintive said:

Well, I didn't hate her but the likes of pink hair bitch from zero no tsukaima and mc like from zero no tsukaima fucking maso also gals bitches and takagai and the one from where your avatar is.
Apr 12, 2019 9:00 AM

Oct 2018
Congintive said:
and the one from where your avatar is.
Nagatoro is actually ''Sado'' and not really ''dere'' though. (A sadodere refers to a character who loves to toy with their love interest's emotions)

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 12, 2019 9:02 AM

Jan 2018
L_o_l_i said:
Congintive said:
and the one from where your avatar is.
Nagatoro is actually ''Sado'' and not really ''dere'' though. (A sadodere refers to a character who loves to toy with their love interest's emotions)

Yeah, even i've read the manga before but unfortunately dropped it because of that beta and that sado I actually hate sado girl tbh.
Apr 12, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2018
Esquirtit said:
Invisble girl in MHA. So fucking lame
You can say that for quite a few MHA characters but yeah she's the lamest

Apr 12, 2019 9:04 AM

Oct 2016
Mashiba from A Silent Voice.
yes, even in the Manga.
Apr 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
Psytrance said:
L_o_l_i said:

She's love. No one could really hate her.

I can hate her and i gave toradora 1/10 because of her
fuck this abusive disgusting bitch
Apr 12, 2019 9:12 AM

Oct 2018
Congintive said:
Yeah, even i've read the manga before but unfortunately dropped it because of that beta and that sado I actually hate sado girl tbh.
Nagatoro kinda counts as a Yandere. I recently read a thread on thsi site that talked about which dere was mostly hated and the main answer I saw on it was ''Yandere'' Do you also hate yanderes?

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 12, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2015
Mucosa said:

excuse me Narancia is a vital part to the story's most important plot point, the torture dance also he's best girl
Apr 12, 2019 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
Mirai said:
Mucosa said:

excuse me Narancia is a vital part to the story's most important plot point, the torture dance also he's best girl
Not nearly as important as Fugone tho. I can't imagine what would be of the JoJo franchise without him.
Apr 12, 2019 9:19 AM
Aug 2018
Excalibur from Soul Eater, so f*cking annoying
Apr 12, 2019 9:20 AM

Jul 2015
@Psytrance
not only tsunderes , also himederes or any abusive arrogant bitch

are you one of those heartless bastards who enjoyed seeing a cute girl that sacrificed the shit out of her life for the mc only to get rejected at the end?

btw she have her own spin off and larger fan base than all your fav characters
so she is fine :>
Apr 12, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
tragedydesu said:
Psytrance said:
She's love. No one could really hate her.

I can hate her and i gave toradora 1/10 because of her
fuck this abusive disgusting bitch

She's the reason I'm avoiding Toradora dispite all my friends recommending it. Gives me Zero no Tsukaima flashbacks. Still not sure why I watched that whole thing.
Apr 12, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
@Psytrance
yeah , we will kill him if he didn't write it
also she will have her own route in the coming rezero vn
so fucking burn

why i'm talking with a brainless tsundere fag again ...
gtfo
Apr 12, 2019 9:31 AM
Feb 2018
Aqua from konosuba is pretty useless and nothing would change if she wasn't there.
Apr 12, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
L_o_l_i said:
Congintive said:
Nagatoro kinda counts as a Yandere. I recently read a thread on thsi site that talked about which dere was mostly hated and the main answer I saw on it was ''Yandere'' Do you also hate yanderes?

I don't hate them but I hate yandere who abuse mc and please don't say that she didn't do such a thing.
Apr 12, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2018
Congintive said:
I don't hate them but I hate yandere who abuse mc and please don't say that she didn't do such a thing.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 12, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2018
L_o_l_i said:
Congintive said:

Yeah, yeah I know that he's a Masochist from the start that's why I drop it because the thing I hate more than the tsundere bitch is maso mc and they are the most disgusting thing happen in anime/manga.
Apr 12, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2018
Congintive said:
Yeah, yeah I know that he's a Masochist from the start that's why I drop it because the thing I hate more than the tsundere bitch is maso mc and they are the most disgusting thing happen in anime/manga.
I hate it when it's the other way around.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 12, 2019 9:59 AM

Jan 2018
L_o_l_i said:
Congintive said:
I hate it when it's the other way around.~

Ya got some shit taste bro or let me guess ur M.
Apr 12, 2019 10:00 AM

Mar 2015
Illyricus said:
Mirai said:

Not nearly as important as Fugone tho. I can't imagine what would be of the JoJo franchise without him.

True, Fugo is the pillar that keeps JoJo's together. Without the almighty cheese boi we'd all be doomed.
Apr 12, 2019 10:00 AM

Oct 2018
Congintive said:
You're saying that me hating to see a girl get hurt is bad taste?

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 12, 2019 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
Psytrance said:
Anne, the runaway girl from Stardust Crusaders.

she was a plot device used by araki to make things worse, in my opinion lmao
but her role was fullfilled by polnareff afterwards so it would take little effort to replace her anyways
still find her useless as well
Apr 12, 2019 10:01 AM

May 2018
Definitely it's Emilia from Re:Zero. Dunno about novel, but in anime she is utterly unimportant. Waifu material with no personality

Apr 12, 2019 10:02 AM

May 2013
Albedo from Overlord. 3 seasons in and she has been nothing but useless af.

Truly a Divine Comedy
Apr 12, 2019 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Removing Elizabeth from Black Butler would've made the series better cause she's both useless and annoying

Same goes for Mineta from My hero academia(he's the worst garbage character)
Apr 12, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2018
L_o_l_i said:
Congintive said:
You're saying that me hating to see a girl get hurt is bad taste?

Well, that's not what im trying to say I mean even I hate seeing the girl suffering but we're talking about m and s tendencies.
Apr 12, 2019 10:05 AM

Mar 2018
Fuuko from Clannad. Can't recall her doing anything helpful at all.
Apr 12, 2019 10:06 AM

Mar 2012
Another "I don't like this character therefore he/she is useless" thread.

People just cannot distinguish character role in the story and importance to the plot with likability. OP example is good though.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 12, 2019 10:10 AM

May 2013
NeoAnkara said:

People just cannot distinguish character role in the story and importance to the plot with likability. OP example is good though.

True, but one can check from the point of the writing itself. Case in point : Albedo from Overlord.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Apr 12, 2019 10:11 AM

Dec 2016
NeoAnkara said:

yeah, it kinda devolve into who people hate rather than their role in the story.
laviha said:
Removing Elizabeth from Black Butler would've made the series better cause she's both useless and annoying

Same goes for Mineta from My hero academia(he's the worst garbage character)

Yeah, i don't like him too but he there to be the comic relief and he still involve in the plot.
Apr 12, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2012
KreatorX said:
NeoAnkara said:

True, but one can check from the point of the writing itself. Case in point : Albedo from Overlord.
Just look at other post. Someone post about Touma even though he is the central point of everything that have been happening in the series. That's laughably bad observation skill there. Like him or not he is pivotal for the story and not replaceable.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 12, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
I have to agree with OP with this one most of the characters in Zexal was worthless. Not just Kotori but everyone in MC's group were.

Apr 12, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2013
NeoAnkara said:
KreatorX said:

Just look at other post. Someone post about Touma even though he is the central point of everything that have been happening in the series. That's laughably bad observation skill there. Like him or not he is pivotal for the story and not replaceable.

Lol yes, well I cannot speak for their stupidity.

I was pointing out that one can distinguish character role in story and importance to plot with likability.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Apr 12, 2019 10:23 AM

Dec 2016
GalacticMagna said:
I have to agree with OP with this one most of the characters in Zexal was worthless. Not just Kotori but everyone in MC's group were.

Well, Tetsuo save Yuma that one time from Black Mist so he not that useless. Seriously they just should replace Kotori with Anna or even the cat girl since they have more impact on the story than Kotori non-existance one.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
32 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

77 by ame »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

28 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
49 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.