Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 2019 10:24 AM
Jan 2019
-Rogue said:
It is important to be civil during any debate and those hashtags are just going to highlight up your immature side. So yeah if possible refrain yourself from using those when arguing in public discussions.

Rogue-san.
I've already mentioned let us not fight on this. But since you've gone ahead and called people using hashtags as uncivil and immature. I'd say you're going against your own words saying you should argue based on logic and facts, but here you go on criticizing others and showing your own great opinion (I bet that's what you think) about how one should/shouldn't debate. Don't you think you should not be telling others how they should/shouldn't discuss? Keep your opinions on personal things to yourself.

I don't mind if you criticise others based on their manga/anime logic, but going personal sure as hell isn't civil.

No offence, but maybe you're just too immature to understand hashtags :')
Apr 11, 2019 10:45 AM
Mar 2019
-Rogue said:
Akagi-kun said:

This saved me a lot of time here as I believe most of the facts and arguments stated here are similar to my perception of the story so far.
To summarize some of my points here:
-Rui had hell lot of character development when compared to Hina. It is an irrefutable fact which can be seen in how both of their mindsets have changed in the first 200 chapters.
-Both of them had the breakup for the same vague reason of supporting Natsuo to become successful and accomplish his dream. So, yes they are quite similar to each other as they both value Natsuo a lot.
-As of now any relationship b/w Hina and Natsuo will be completely out of place as Hina has completely given up her feelings for Natsuo and just wants to help him as a responsible sister. Considering the recent chapters after ch.200 she went through a strong character dev. and has continuously impressed me but pairing her up with Natsuo now will be similar to what Usagi Drop tried to pull off. Trust me it doesn't work well that way.
-This might be wrong but I don't think Chef Boy has shown any clear feelings of affection towards Rui so far. He just wants to help and support her as a friend and pairing him up with Rui might come across as low key NTR. And I don't think it will occur (more like I don't wish it occurs xD)

Chef-boi showed a sign of affection/love/huge crush indication
in ch208, page 4.
He even collapsed 😂
Apr 11, 2019 6:35 PM

Jan 2019
Sangboi said:

Oh yeah. There I missed up a super important scene. Thanks for reminding me up.
But still from mangaka's POV she can easily pass it up as chef-boi felt embarrassed as it was the first time someone called him friend. Because he didn't have/had any friend because of his icy personality.

Calmost said:

I believe I can agree with much of the points here. But like I said any attempts of establishing a relationship b/w Hina and Natsuo at this moment will be completely out of place and rather ceepy imo.
As both of them have gave upon their feelings for each other and want to support each other as siblings instead of lovers.
Regarding RuixChef-boi the only problem which comes forward will be if Rui suddenly went in a relationship with che-boi just after her breakup. And I have tried my best to refute and suppress any facts that chef-boi has romantic feelings for Rui.

thetasteless07 said:

You are supposed to state your opinions in a public discussion and it's the responsibility of others to find flaws and shortcomings in your arguments. Accepting or Refuting my ideas on how to debate lies completely on the user reading it.

While that last point felt like a pinch of salt on an open wound :P
But still if I require Hashtags to feel mature then ,no offence, but yeah I am better off as an immature person.

Apr 11, 2019 7:50 PM

Feb 2019
All 3 of the main characters have serious flaws. That is what has made this story good. The fact they are very human and relatable.

Hina
- Claims to be a mature adult but has been and still is the least mature of them.
- Shows a lack of commitment to anything. Family, Career, Relationships. Seems to have the motivation to do things, but runs away as soon as anything gets too difficult.

Rui
- Short tempered. Has little patience. Over reacts to minor problems.
- Control freak. A bit of OCD. Doesn't like change.
- Insecure. Her biggest flaw. Worries she isn't good enough, pretty enough, has the right hairstyle. Jealous, envious. Overprotective. Tsundere tendencies.

Natsuo
- Weak willed. Pushover. Allows people to take advantage of him.
- Subconsciously (maybe consciously) loves when women pay attention to him. It is obvious when a woman tries to get intimate and not difficult to block/dodge the situation, but Natsuo usually allows it to happen (which was his main failing in the Rui relationship).
- Claims to be in love, but doesn't have complete dedication to it. He could have chased both Hina and Rui when each left him, but did not.

I think that all 3 have some growing up to do before they can really have a working relationship.
Apr 11, 2019 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
-Rogue said:

Regarding RuixChef-boi the only problem which comes forward will be if Rui suddenly went in a relationship with che-boi just after her breakup. And I have tried my best to refute and suppress any facts that chef-boi has romantic feelings for Rui.

Chef-boy definitely has an interest in Rui. But just Rui doesn't interested in him at all. Or I'm unable to understand anything in life. I have already explained the reasons for this behavior Rui. So I'm 100% sure she won't make a move to make us hate her.
Apr 12, 2019 5:34 AM
Jun 2015
hugedata said:
All 3 of the main characters have serious flaws. That is what has made this story good. The fact they are very human and relatable.

Hina
- Claims to be a mature adult but has been and still is the least mature of them.
- Shows a lack of commitment to anything. Family, Career, Relationships. Seems to have the motivation to do things, but runs away as soon as anything gets too difficult.

Rui
- Short tempered. Has little patience. Over reacts to minor problems.
- Control freak. A bit of OCD. Doesn't like change.
- Insecure. Her biggest flaw. Worries she isn't good enough, pretty enough, has the right hairstyle. Jealous, envious. Overprotective. Tsundere tendencies.

Natsuo
- Weak willed. Pushover. Allows people to take advantage of him.
- Subconsciously (maybe consciously) loves when women pay attention to him. It is obvious when a woman tries to get intimate and not difficult to block/dodge the situation, but Natsuo usually allows it to happen (which was his main failing in the Rui relationship).
- Claims to be in love, but doesn't have complete dedication to it. He could have chased both Hina and Rui when each left him, but did not.

I think that all 3 have some growing up to do before they can really have a working relationship.

U nailed it pretty much, but some is a bit of understatement, i think they need to do A LOT!
About Natsuo, i think the attention he seeks from women can be related to the fact he lost his mother early, it's not an excuse obviously OR that he is extremely clueless, which is quite true in real life as well, but they are quite rare in general, cause he isnt shy.
He chased Hina when he found out where she was, he even (dumped) Rui to look for her when they visited the island, but she told him it was over.
Apr 12, 2019 6:20 PM
Mar 2019
hugedata said:

This is how I feel about the manga as a whole really.

I mean sure, this manga is about romance, but I always thought the main focus was on these 3 characters that were very flawed and followed them as they developed into more rounded people by growing close to each other.

Honestly, I could see this manga ending with no definitive love interest for natsuo between Hina or Rui. I could literally see the ending being just how all of them have matured into the people that they are.

As far as chef-kun, I really need to get more development into his character before I see him as anything more than a roadblock for Rui, like Drama Club Girl (I can't even remember her name) was for natsuo. I think Rui may get tempted, but she won't be able to go through with it.

For some reason, I'm still in the camp of him finding a girl that's neither Hina or Rui? But that's probably not going to happen, lol.
Dacenkrone1Apr 12, 2019 7:35 PM
Apr 13, 2019 4:43 PM

May 2016
Akagi-kun said:
Rinji- said:

Lol that’s exactly what Sasuga would do

In either case, I suppose we will find out she do it or not soon enough. I'm 99 percent sure she (Sasuga) wouldn't do that. The same thing about the extra with Hina and Shuu.
P.S Rui is more popular in Japan. That says it.

Except shes not more popular in Japan. You might want to fact check that. Not only did Hina win the official Japanese poll, her merch also sold out incredibly quickly compared to Rui. Sasuga had to say that more would be in stock soon. If you check 2chan as well, the Japanese imageboard website, Hina is more popular. Hina all around is more popular. Rui is mainly only popular in the west and even then Hina is not far behind. And yes its obvious nothing will happen on the pages but if you really think nothing is going to happen between Rui and Kajita you're deluded. I'm fully confident that Hina is going to end with Natsuo and I can give you an extensive list of reasons as to why I think so if you'd really like.
DarudiusApr 13, 2019 8:14 PM
Apr 13, 2019 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
Depends on the last few chapters, I guess. And from anime. Anyway, it was like this:

https://rancolle.com/ranking.php?id=uid4_1550234586
https://www.animeranking.net/stat.php?id=1936
Apr 13, 2019 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
Darudius said:
I'm fully confident that Hina is going to end with Natsuo and I can give you an extensive list of reasons as to why I think so if you'd really like.

Well, if Hina wins, I'll be upset, of course. But I don't get obsessed because of that.
This simply even more will bring down my opinion about this manga.
Apr 16, 2019 10:59 AM

Apr 2019
If in some future chapter's Rui start a relationship with the other chef, it'll be a pathetic way to go...more pathetic than the break up.
Apr 19, 2019 1:38 PM
Oct 2013
Was this arc even necessary? Lmao
Mar 22, 2022 5:58 AM

May 2020
Finally, Misaki arc done. Master Marie is the MVP this time. The moment Marie meet his old comrades is very touching I like it. Thought he can be good motivator. Since they are in high school and now in college, Marie never ignore them. Marie best semi-girl character.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.