Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2019 5:23 PM

Oct 2013
Meh, weak finale if you ask me. Many understatements, everything seemed rushed and random.

This anime could be a fine one, but I give it 5/10 in the end. While first half of it was interesting, the second half was way worse, mostly because of rushed plot (compared to first episodes). If I as anime-only viewer had that kind of feelings, then I guess the people who read Domekano's manga were even more disappointed.

About understatements, I mostly think about Natsuo's dad and Hina and Rui's mother getting married and how they said that they must rethink everything. Their relationship was important for this show, then I dunno why to leave its future as unknown in the final episode. If we'd have Season 2, then it could be tolerated (like teasing the audience before Season 2 or something like that), but I haven't heard about any announcements featuring Season 2 of Domekano.

The best characters were Rui, the rest of Literature Club's members and Marie. They made this show fine even when its plot's quality went down.
Mar 30, 2019 5:50 PM
Sep 2018
I did not understand Ruy·s words to Natsu, What she means ?
Please who can explain for me that part ?
Mar 30, 2019 6:03 PM
Feb 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Man, this really sucks. So many people are going to avoid the manga now because of how bad this adaptation is...

I mean if you want to try and sell your product, you're gonna wanna make sure it's of great quality to the majority of people in order to get their attention. This did get people's heads turning, but the aftermath of this adaptation was really bad so I don't blame people for wanting to stay clear of this
Mar 30, 2019 7:01 PM

May 2015
Supersky said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Man, this really sucks. So many people are going to avoid the manga now because of how bad this adaptation is...

I mean if you want to try and sell your product, you're gonna wanna make sure it's of great quality to the majority of people in order to get their attention. This did get people's heads turning, but the aftermath of this adaptation was really bad so I don't blame people for wanting to stay clear of this

Yeah, but people will never understand why the manga is good unless they read it. I know this adaptation doesn't do it any favors, but the manga is genuinely better and they should try reading it before condemning the series as a whole.

Mar 30, 2019 7:15 PM
Jan 2017
finally this incest was end for hina and natsuo,, this is the best way for survive and make natsuo dream as novelist come true,
and after few day fallin deppresing natsuo back to move foward by his friend who care with him , finaly he win the contest (whateer it say)but i think its not the end of incest,, Rui become more aggresive at the end,,
this is good ending for me for taboo relantionship between family,,
this is good except scene natsuo and rui,,
6/10
Mar 30, 2019 8:28 PM
Feb 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Supersky said:

Yeah, but people will never understand why the manga is good unless they read it. I know this adaptation doesn't do it any favors, but the manga is genuinely better and they should try reading it before condemning the series as a whole.

Some are like that, some aren't. Sadly majority of people won't continue to the manga series if the adaptation from the anime failed to captivate them and get interested, but there will be people who are curious. But most of the time, it's not enough to continue and I feel that this doesn't deserve another season after all the bad shit they've done with it
Mar 30, 2019 8:45 PM

Oct 2012
rip there def wont be a season 2..
Mar 30, 2019 9:12 PM

Jun 2017
Well, that transfer is something I would expect, or everybody would expect. But imagine the situation is reversed, and the teacher was male, he would be locked up, forget getting fired or transferred. Anyway, enough of that, the series is quite, disappointing, but oh well, that's that. The ending was bittersweet though.
7/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 30, 2019 9:18 PM
Oct 2018
Adaptation was kind off wack but I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO GO READ THE MANGA ITS AMAZING
Mar 30, 2019 10:50 PM

Aug 2013
Biggest "go read the manga" ending ever.
Mar 30, 2019 11:03 PM

Sep 2010
Much like a lot of people, I'm very disappointed about how poorly this was adapted.
Mar 30, 2019 11:48 PM
Nov 2009
Rui with long hair is motivating me to read the manga.
Mar 31, 2019 2:18 AM

Aug 2017
I liked it a lot. Kind of a harem ending with Natsuo still keeping a chance with all the girls including Hina. Rui and Momo are good for now until he can round things out with Hina too. It's not incest between step siblings.

And he won the contest and got a bunch of money, yeah!

This is the anime forum, who cares about the manga? The word should be forbidden from the anime threads.
Mar 31, 2019 4:24 AM
Mar 2019
I personally loved this anime. If you take a step back and embrace the characters and their ambitions, it makes the experience so much more enjoyable. I get why a lot of people say this anime is trashy, but it's those same reasons why I enjoyed it. I found myself rooting for Natuo and Hina because who doesn't like seeing romantic stories work out, especially a story as juicy as this one? Watching this anime made me feel like I was right there with Natsuo, experiencing his journey with him.

To further my unpopular opinion, I think the ending song is much better than the opening song. In a way, the opening and ending songs are tales of two stories; the opening emphasizes the cruel reality that the anime ultimately conveyed of Natsuo and Hina not working out, while the ending is a beautiful reflection of the love Natsuo and Hina felt for each other. Musically and from an enjoyment standpoint, the ending song puts me in a profound euphoric state because it's such a joyful, adventurous love song that inspires me to find love myself.

I haven't read the manga yet, but for the first time in years, I might have to pick it up to see where this story goes.
3zeroMar 31, 2019 4:47 AM
Mar 31, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something... it was an okay ending by anime standards I guess
Mar 31, 2019 8:48 AM
Aug 2017
This episode is good. But they skip very importants things.
If you like this anime, please you have to read the manga, is better and very exciting.
Thanks for reading my opinion.
adriangamer15Apr 1, 2019 4:14 AM
Mar 31, 2019 9:33 AM

Jan 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Wait wut? Not sure if we've read the same manga because it only goes more downhill. I picked it up when it began publishing because it was spicy but this and a few chapters onwards is as good as it gets.

The adaptation was good in my opinion, it's this episode that skips over some stuff but otherwise it was decent
Mar 31, 2019 10:02 AM
Oct 2017
ReguIus said:
This is one of those shows where having read the manga made me hope the anime would go with an original story... but they didn't lmao
They fucked up with the animation and crammed too much from the manga into 1 season
Mar 31, 2019 12:07 PM
Feb 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Supersky said:

Manga series like these won't gain a lot more popularity if the adaptation for it is bad. Gives them the impression that the rest of the manga is this levels of bad. Like what happened with Citrus and Fuuka. Both got bad ratings and never saw a season 2 again and had no increase in popularity. And this one is more than likely gonna have the same fate
Mar 31, 2019 1:36 PM
Sep 2018
The Anime was my introduction to this story.
I've read some of the manga, and some of the LN since the Anime started broadcasting.

Personally, I like the Anime.
Yes, it's different from the Manga and LN.
But to me, it was very well done.

But, I'll also admit, Rui, Marie, Fumiya, and Momo were much more who I was interested in.

While I did like Natsuo and Hina, I got so frustrated by Natsuo; he drifted so much, didn't think things through.
Although he did have moments where he really shone, such as when he found out about Momo's scars; that, there he shone.
What he did then, if that's the level he's capable of from time to time, I can better understand Fumiya, etc., being so favorably impressed with him.

Hina, I feel really sorry for. The timing of her relationships hasn't been good. I just hope things go better for her now. And, she's very fortunate that the schools didn't consider her a predator, since in her case that wasn't what was going on.

Rui. I really, really, really like Rui. She's the one I've been cheering for. There's just something about her that pushes so many of my buttons.
Fumiya is solid, and very smart. I'd be very happy to have a friend like him. He's also someone I'm rooting for, even though we haven't seen any real sign of anything going on for him.
Marie has a tragic past, and has come through it as a very strong individual; as another has said in the comments, a story focused on him could be very interesting, and although I'm not into BL as a genre, I'd watch it.
Momo. What to say about Momo? Desperately seeking a connection with damn near anyone, with an incredibly low self-image, she's also very strong in some ways; better to take a chance and get hurt, than not take a chance at all. Her parents... First up against the wall come The Revolution.

Speaking of parents.
Natsuo, Hina, and Rui lucked out like you would not believe in the lottery when it comes to parents.
Fumiya is also very fortunate in regard to his family.

Oh, right.
Episode 12.
It does work as an ending.
Yes, there are still a bunch of loose ends, but life is like that; so long as you are alive, there are things in transition.
But, a second season could be a nice thing.
Mar 31, 2019 1:39 PM
Jan 2019
A good anime I know that their relationship was relatively bad, but the story was very exciting, and in the end, something sad. I'm satisfied with the final episode. Of course I'm waiting for a second season to see if Natsuo gives in to Rui, who by the way, is my favorite anime character.
I can not believe that Natsu's father and Hina and Rui's mother knew about their children's relationship, yet they did not blame them for anything. I guess in the end, everyone was looking for their happiness and that's why they were not made to feel guilty and neither should they. There was love in between and that could not be changed.

This story is summarized in the following phrase "The forbidden always becomes more tempting".
Mar 31, 2019 2:17 PM

May 2015
FireFistYK said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Wait wut? Not sure if we've read the same manga because it only goes more downhill. I picked it up when it began publishing because it was spicy but this and a few chapters onwards is as good as it gets.

The adaptation was good in my opinion, it's this episode that skips over some stuff but otherwise it was decent

I don't agree with that at all. I think the manga has been good the whole time.

Mar 31, 2019 5:37 PM
Aug 2018
It wasn't boring, but it wasn't good either. 5/10
Mar 31, 2019 9:15 PM

Dec 2017
I'm not sure what to say. I think this series is just not for me. I'd prefer Kaguya-sama: Love Is War type of romance much more.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 31, 2019 9:16 PM

Mar 2019
electromagneto said:
I'm not sure what to say. I think this series is just not for me. I'd prefer [i]Kaguya-sama: Love Is War[i] type of romance much more.

Because Love is War was hilarious, certainly a better show.
Mar 31, 2019 9:46 PM

Dec 2016
Mediocre show with a cliched and predictable ending.
Mar 31, 2019 11:05 PM
Jun 2017
I FEEL BAD FOR NATSUO WHILE WATCHING THIS FINAL EPISODE... i mean the tears and sadness he has after that break up with hina.

nice final episode as a team rui i am glad by what she has said on the last part of this episode... and also hina is now short hair..

well what a ride watching this series and glad i have watched this one
Apr 1, 2019 6:39 AM
Apr 2016
Finally it's over. I lost interest of this anime after half of the episode. But keep watching because I love the manga. I recommend reading manga over the anime if someone ask. The only reason to watch the anime is just to get the feeling of Hina and Rui voice.Momo voice just destroy how I would portray her when reading manga.
Apr 1, 2019 7:38 AM
Oct 2013
Moved to the manga around chapter 8. Was the best thing I did cause the anime is so rushed.
Now I'm on chapter 180 and I'm really liking it.

Seriously, this is one of the most realistic series I have read ever. Thu some weebs who never got laid in their life may find that last opinion hilarious I can tell that this series pretty much match real pacing in relationships.

Also, a detail that I found incredibly good: The characters use different clothing (Except for High School uniforms and some job uniforms). A lot of mangakas are too lazy to change clothes on their characters, in this manga only the side characters can be seen using the same clothes everyday (Like Tsukihiko-san or Natsuo's father).
Apr 1, 2019 7:43 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Ah, look at that, an ending I actually am quite happy about, more or less, I'd rather say it was a beginning for yet another spicy portion of their lives now that Rui is diving in stronger than ever.
It looks like Hina cut her hair and now Rui wants to grow hers, that's a nice contrast between the two sisters.
This final episode felt more like reaching a milestone for everyone in the show, probably that's why it was satisfying to watch, I wonder what's Natsuo going to spend all that money on, I hope he's not going after Hina again.
Apr 1, 2019 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
Not sure how much content was cut from the manga but from an anime-only viewer like me whom only read the first 30 or so chapters, I thought the anime was kinda okayish. This was the same studio which produced that trainwreck of a Fuuka so this anime being quite average is surprising at the least.

I found MC-kun's and Hina's relationship somewhat boring though and tend to like Rui more even though she didn't have that much screentime compared to the two. They could have also focused on the 3 MCs more instead and just skip introducing Momo, Library Girl, and Fujo-sensei as they barely mattered on the overall story anyway. Also, if there's anything this anime is the best at, I would say its for having that god-tier opening song. It's like a combination of Tokyo Ghoul's and FMAB's OPs but better.

I hope to see more progress between MC-kun and Rui on the manga please? No offense to the Hina shippers out there but she just doesn't interest me that much and I hope she just stays forever where she is currently hiding at.

Apr 1, 2019 5:57 PM
May 2017
Dose it only me or some animes ends with question mark?
Apr 1, 2019 11:20 PM

Aug 2018
Nurguburu said:
I'm glad that the torture is over....

This show is shit. The OP is better than the anime. 3/10 for the anime

I mean, you did watch it through and through, so I don't know what you were getting out of this anime by doing so. You had 12 episodes to decide to stop watching and still you made it to the end, so idk what that says about you lmao

The OP is pretty fire though, so yeah
Apr 1, 2019 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
I actually liked the anime, despite how much crap some people here are giving the show. Maybe it's just a reflection of how sad and sappy I am as a person, but I really found this show emotionally painful and I liked that(?). I enjoyed the story, but man, that cliffhanger.

I might as well read the manga and see where the story goes.

Also, so glad Rui was seen a lot more here. I like her a lot more than Hina :T
Apr 2, 2019 6:53 AM

Oct 2013
lol people complaining about the adaptation, the problem is already in the source material and its the base unrealitstic hentai plot drama

as an unintentional comedy its fun
Apr 3, 2019 6:14 AM

May 2015
dc22 said:
lol people complaining about the adaptation, the problem is already in the source material and its the base unrealitstic hentai plot drama

as an unintentional comedy its fun

You should try actually reading it.

Apr 3, 2019 4:52 PM
Jul 2015
uninstallthegame said:
okay, they ended on a bittersweet note with an open ending. Hina leaving the school, Natsuo winning the award, yet yearning for Hina and Rui comforting him

ngl, this adaptation was pretty shit. i mean, the manga is pretty fucking long and they had no way of adapting even half of it, but goddamn they crammed this shit so tightly. all the side-characters were just cut-off and the pace was just fucking garbage

oh well, as they say - read the mango. 4/10 overall

YES - this does no justice to the manga... the art the story the characters. It was a very poor adaptation :( I'm saddened because the hype for this was so real! 5/10
Apr 3, 2019 5:07 PM

Apr 2018
Bitter Sweet ending, glad they moved on with their life. Natsuo with the #1 prize for his story xD. 7.5/10
Apr 4, 2019 3:48 PM

Aug 2010
Show was entertaining to say the least.

6/10
Apr 5, 2019 3:53 AM

Aug 2013
the anime sucks, read the manga

but the opening song is fucking LIT
Apr 6, 2019 5:26 PM

Jun 2016
For a show that followed its own rules it was actually pretty heart touching. I dont know how to feel about the ending though... Overall I loved the show but like damn I had its ups and downs.
Apr 7, 2019 1:47 PM
Jun 2015
This show was so rushed :/ and the Manga is 10x times better.
Apr 8, 2019 7:36 PM

Nov 2010
F*ck! I wish this was 25 episodes!

I still love this show even if it was rushed. Easily a 9/10 for me.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I am glad this anime didn't turn into a harem anime and his feelings for Hina remained strong even at the end. Plus points in my book.
MizuhoKamuiApr 8, 2019 8:05 PM
Apr 9, 2019 6:32 AM
Mar 2017
This is some fine quality stuff right here. Rui is still the best girl for me. Overall this anime was HOT!

Also for those Legendary Manga readers that are talking trash about this Anime adaptation don't watched it on the first place so you won't get your butt hurts.

10/10

Apr 9, 2019 7:34 AM
Jan 2016
Honestly i think this show gets a 5/10. If it was 24 episodes id give it a 7/10. There just wasn't enough story for me. I'm hoping they come out with a season 2.
Apr 9, 2019 7:38 PM
Mar 2012
Better end than expected, at least Hina does something responsible to fix her mess.
Natsuo too easily went with the flow, hopefully this novel writing period (nice animation btw) gives him maturity for future seasons. Oh wait... Rui wigged enters the scene, nvmd.
Marie (great tatoo btw) & Fumiya such cool supportive bros.
Apr 9, 2019 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
Ending was kinda shit. If anything, though, it's made me want to go read the manga.
Apr 11, 2019 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
Aha...I get it. So it's wrong to fuck your stepsister who's also your teacher and she has to be punished for it, but it's alright if it's just your stepsister?

No, actually. Fuck this show.

5/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 12, 2019 2:25 AM
May 2016
apparently i dropped the series on episode 8.. am i the only one that thinks the three main characters are kinda stupid and have no morals? it's basically the same thing over and over again. pretty imature behaviour of them. i couldn't stand to watch another episode
Apr 12, 2019 1:12 PM

Dec 2010
Really good last episode. As far as depicting depression after utter loss this was one of the most real one I have seen in this medium. Hits hard.

This ending actually made me to read manga. Which is quite decent if you like the story from anime you wont be disappointed.

This is the closest to a hentai with plot. Or maybe any other Netflix romance series with a lot of sex that is somehow seen like a great thing by anyone.

CatSoul said:
Aha...I get it. So it's wrong to fuck your stepsister who's also your teacher and she has to be punished for it, but it's alright if it's just your stepsister?

No, actually. Fuck this show.

5/10

As stupid as this may get, yes. Kinda. Mainly the fact that she was his teacher. This was a problem. On the other hand the thing regarding your question - having read manga up to Chapter 160~
- very mild spoiler.

In my opinion this step-siblings bullshit is there just to make thing spicy. It is not like they are blood-related or anything.

mary_zervou said:
apparently i dropped the series on episode 8.. am i the only one that thinks the three main characters are kinda stupid and have no morals? it's basically the same thing over and over again. pretty imature behaviour of them. i couldn't stand to watch another episode

They characters depicted in the story are definitely not very idealized. Compared to the most media they look rather stupid, they makes mistakes and they are kind of immoral just like a lot of real life people. Compared to some people I have met they are like angels when it comes to morals but whatever. This story is an emotional rollercoaster with all possible spicyness added to it. You have to like this kind of a dumpster fire to even go further.

If you ask me this was somewhat refreshing after all those romance anime when the characters blush heavily even after holding hands. Needing 10 episode to say "mmm I like you" and then running away.
tearofmankindApr 12, 2019 1:16 PM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

156 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

145 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.