Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First they leave the dog and now the Beast. Poor ending, i feel like it's a crime to give this higher than 5/10.
Apr 1, 2019 12:28 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well it wasn't a... terrible show... but compared to how charming the original was, this never feel like it got off the ground really

I mean I still kinda enjoyed it but meh. Was hoping for quite a bit more. I know the original writer wasn't in this one but still

5/10 probably
Apr 1, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
No shoebill, so it gets a lower score by default.

That beach scene was pretty good.
Apr 1, 2019 12:50 PM
Sep 2017
There's still plenty to be solved; at first, I was bummed.

Then Ryuchi dropped this bomb on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ryuichi_Kimura/status/1112772953437949952

Translation: "It's not over yet #KemonoFriends".

And before someone calls april fools - when this was posted, it was already the 2nd in Japan.

That aside, episode - it was as KF as it gets, lol. Hotel sank, Kaban's PTSD is catching up, Kyururu is appearently never going home and Sibtiger died, but it's all fine because we're happy and PPP is singing.

Seeing several familiar faces on the drawing (and one mysterious one) in the post-credits, I'm happy to see the franchise seems to finally be putting some effort into connecting it's different media.

My opinion hasn't changed. A solid ten out of ten.
Apr 1, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2018
I’m pretty disappointed by this final episode. It was pretty dark and grim. I’m hoping there’s a follow on series or movie that lets the friends have a happier ending.

I’ve been pretty annoyed ever since episode 10 and the enormous letdown with how the story treated DD. I feel like they sold us one thing and delivered something much worse.
Apr 1, 2019 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
what a shit season
Apr 1, 2019 1:16 PM

Aug 2018
SoldusJK said:

Then Ryuchi dropped this bomb on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ryuichi_Kimura/status/1112772953437949952
I really hope this is true and it happens in a reasonable amount of time, as I’m pretty bummed about DD right now.
Apr 1, 2019 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
They let Beast die and pretty must never explain how Serval forgot about Kaban or how they got back to Japanari park.
Apr 1, 2019 2:34 PM

Sep 2015
We can clearly see Kaban did not forget Serval at all! They only changed the MC to try dissociate from the original work and I will always hate them for that.

Those reviews trying to give the show more than 5/6 are completely insane. It was fun, ok! But It was also completely childish and empty, we developed nothing. They way they used the new friends was not cool at all.

I do not hate the show, but I hate what they tried to do with it, especially with Kaban and Serval relationship.
Apr 1, 2019 3:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Feel like i'm the only one who loved it.
9/10, liked it as much as the first season.
Apr 1, 2019 4:44 PM
Sep 2017
shiro_kai said:
We can clearly see Kaban did not forget Serval at all! They only changed the MC to try dissociate from the original work and I will always hate them for that.

Those reviews trying to give the show more than 5/6 are completely insane. It was fun, ok! But It was also completely childish and empty, we developed nothing. They way they used the new friends was not cool at all.

I do not hate the show, but I hate what they tried to do with it, especially with Kaban and Serval relationship.

They've changed the MC literally everytime they made new KF media. EVERY TIME. If anything, if they kept Kaban, this would be the odd one out.

As much as I like Kaban, there was nothing new she could provide - she had developed, matured, and the entirety of her character was explored in S1. She remains an excellent cast choice, but no longer a good centerpoint for new content. Had Kaban been kept, we'd be banking this season entirely on the Friends being cute. At the end of the day, the way they used Kaban, I believe, was the best possible option available; and I certainly did enjoy Kyururu on her own. Kaban ended up having quite the tragic tale, but she doesn't seem badly-adjusted in the slightest.

Most of the drama over how the new Friends ended up make it seem like there was ill-intent, and people were actively trying to demonstrate bad things happened to them. Though, I can't say I agree on the slightest. Domestic Dog, in her unenending loyalty, decided to stay herself, it wasn't Kyururu or Caracal denying her; and given she appearently has ties to old protagonists (Nana/Mirai, notably), I'm quite hoping she gets further attention at some point, even if in a short episode like season 1's 12.1.
Apr 1, 2019 5:03 PM

Oct 2015
Well, this was an action packed episode and I'm glad Kaban seemed to remember Serval. Hope they meet again and go on adventures although it's a bit impossible since she has Caracal and Kyururu.

Overall it was a disappointment of a season with a bad animation and a bad plot line. Although I can handle these, what most was missing was the education of the friends. I kinda missed those fun facts about our friends, they gave us a bit of education and made this series go beyond bad animation and plot. I liked the characters though.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 1, 2019 6:21 PM

Dec 2013
I guess the best I can say about this season is that it got better as it went on, shame we got no lore or anything to look forward to.

I hope that if we get more KF it is about what happened with Kaban and Serval or their adventure, drop Kyururu, nobody likes her.

All this finale did was to remember the wasted potential with Kaban on that beach scene, Poor tiger died and then they reminded me about how lonely is Domestic Dog's life T - T someone please give her the warmest pats, we have that final drawing but whatever.
Apr 1, 2019 6:30 PM

Feb 2016
Terrible ending for a terrible season, I can't understand how anybody could give it seriously a good rating unless they were already heavily attached to kemofure before watching this.

- No emotion in the fights, everything still dies 1 hit-ko
- The promised fight against the cerulean beast lasted 2 seconds, wasn't anything special.
- Not even a single scratch for anyone, doggie sucks at fighting confirmed.
- Also doggie staying lonlely confirmed.
- No explanation of serval memory loss.
- But still fishing for season 1 feelings and reusing season 1 opening.
- Not finding kyururu home.
- Not solving the volcano-bad mood sea problem.
- Not even fighting the blue ship cerulean (apparently PPP is fine with giving a concert with ship cerulean below them)
- Not resolving ceruleum leak.
- Not explaining why kyururus drawing were magic.
- And didn't destroy the drawing nor stopped kyururu from drawing more. They must be fine with more cerulean copycats appearing.
- No explanation or solving any mystery with the beast. It was a deux ex machina in animal form.
- Heavily relied in friends cuteness and the attachment the public already had to the series.
- That feeling of "my story is the right story" is too strong for me. The director forced kaban and serval to demonstrate that they kinda remember but it's not important now, because kyururu group is the focus now. And he won't lose any opportunity to stress this.

I really wish there is a director/story writer change because the current team feels really amateur. The world of kemofure can offer much better stories than what we got this season.
Apr 1, 2019 7:19 PM
Sep 2017
lihle808 said:
Well, this was an action packed episode and I'm glad Kaban seemed to remember Serval. Hope they meet again and go on adventures although it's a bit impossible since she has Caracal and Kyururu.

Overall it was a disappointment of a season with a bad animation and a bad plot line. Although I can handle these, what most was missing was the education of the friends. I kinda missed those fun facts about our friends, they gave us a bit of education and made this series go beyond bad animation and plot. I liked the characters though.

5/10.

Those sections are present in the Japanese versions and on TV, problem is that in the West they have been cut off since they included Japanese NatGeo segments which Crunchyroll can't exhibit without getting a nice little lawsuit. And, well, in the West, we all end up watching Crunchyroll's version regardless. The few raw providers out there probably mistook it for ads and cut it off. But they did happen.

-

On a more cheerful note, Kimura and a higher-up in TV Tokyo both dropped Tweets saying this isn't over yet. Either we're getting 3d chess'd by them both and it's an April Fools' joke in the 2nd of April, or we can expect an announcement soon.
Apr 1, 2019 7:21 PM

Sep 2015
SoldusJK said:
shiro_kai said:

They've changed the MC literally everytime they made new KF media. EVERY TIME. If anything, if they kept Kaban, this would be the odd one out.

As much as I like Kaban, there was nothing new she could provide - she had developed, matured, and the entirety of her character was explored in S1. She remains an excellent cast choice, but no longer a good centerpoint for new content. Had Kaban been kept, we'd be banking this season entirely on the Friends being cute. At the end of the day, the way they used Kaban, I believe, was the best possible option available; and I certainly did enjoy Kyururu on her own. Kaban ended up having quite the tragic tale, but she doesn't seem badly-adjusted in the slightest.

Most of the drama over how the new Friends ended up make it seem like there was ill-intent, and people were actively trying to demonstrate bad things happened to them. Though, I can't say I agree on the slightest. Domestic Dog, in her unenending loyalty, decided to stay herself, it wasn't Kyururu or Caracal denying her; and given she appearently has ties to old protagonists (Nana/Mirai, notably), I'm quite hoping she gets further attention at some point, even if in a short episode like season 1's 12.1.

That's why it is defined as an "adaptation", they don't have to strictly follow the original material, especially if it doesn't work. You don't have to necessarily change the main character, just because the games do. I maybe would not mind they changing the MC if it THEY HAD FINISHED her story, like yugioh franchise for example. They just change after they complete the whole story. If not it is should be just like Pokemon (not that much seasons of course).

Also: THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. If there is or not more content at other medias should not matter.

The anime is REALLY BAD even if there was no original version, they just wanted to explore the golden goose they found but ended for strangling it when all they had to was NOTHING.
shiro_kaiApr 1, 2019 7:25 PM
Apr 1, 2019 7:33 PM
Sep 2017
That's why it is defined as an "adaptation", they don't have to strictly follow the original material, especially if it doesn't work. You don't have to necessarily change the main character, just because the games do. I maybe would not mind they changing the MC if it THEY HAD FINISHED her story, like yugioh franchise for example. They just change after they complete the whole story. If not it is should be just like Pokemon (not that much seasons of course).

Kaban's story was basically over. There was no more room for character growth. At most we could see what happened to her. And, well, S2 did deliver what happened to her - ended up on another area of Japari Park, opened up a lab with the owls and still goes around.

Unless you were expecting her story to have some ultasimple, happy-forever-after resolution alike to "I found humans, yay", that's a finished story in every way. As for the status of humanity, it's still in the open, and will remain so until some media - probably the anime, a few seasons down the road - address it.

At the end of the day, S2 raises and answers questions about as much as S1 did.

That's why it is defined as an "adaptation", they don't have to strictly follow the original material, especially if it doesn't work.

If it didn't work for you, what can I say other than "too bad"? It worked out in the East, and a large portion of the fanbase remains, hopefully going into the next project having filtered some of the negativity.

That, and it's pretty clearly not an adaptation, but a sequel. Regardless, fruitless conversation since there's unwillingness to check any non-anime media, even those coming prior to the drama. And again, well, it's an "anime only discussion".
Apr 1, 2019 7:46 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Season 2 never happen.… except the season 1 OP in the ending.
Apr 1, 2019 8:16 PM

Feb 2016
SoldusJK said:
If it didn't work for you, what can I say other than "too bad"? It worked out in the East, and a large portion of the fanbase remains, hopefully going into the next project having filtered some of the negativity.

If you can read japanese, read all the answers to Ryuichi Kimura director after the announcement. That should give you an idea of how well "It worked in the east". it kept some of the fans, because it's kemofure, but I don't think most people are happy with *this* season, or the story as he managed it. (To anyone who can't read japanese: there are many not happy answers, and he has been in a twitter blocking spree).
Apr 1, 2019 8:17 PM

Mar 2014
we gonna see the miracle happened tonight with 2.6% of niconico rating surpassing the currently rank 1 yugioh arcv
Apr 1, 2019 8:24 PM
Sep 2017
Azumi-tei said:
SoldusJK said:

If you can read japanese, read all the answers to Ryuichi Kimura director after the announcement. That should give you an idea of how well "It worked in the east". it kept some of the fans, because it's kemofure, but I don't think most people are happy with *this* season, or the story as he managed it. (To anyone who can't read japanese: there are many not happy answers, and he has been in a twitter blocking spree).

And Kemono Friends is a top trending tag on twitter with plenty other positive reviews.
Apr 1, 2019 8:39 PM

Feb 2016
SoldusJK said:
Azumi-tei said:

And Kemono Friends is a top trending tag on twitter with plenty other positive reviews.

Yes, both good and bad opinions keep it trending.And the point stands, people like kemofure, but not exactly what kimura did with it.

Thesd opinions for example, are not the most positive( unedited screenshots of a minute ago):

Yep, trending isn't only for the good reasons...
Azumi-teiApr 1, 2019 8:58 PM
Apr 1, 2019 8:56 PM
Oct 2018
I definitely wasn't as pleased with this season as I was with the first season, but over all I still found it very enjoyable to watch even if it didn't give of the same vibes as the first. I hope they're will be a season 3. They leave me in a position where I want more at the end of each season. And if we do get a 3rd season, I hold it's a prequel to the first.
AdamFromBraumsApr 1, 2019 9:01 PM
Apr 1, 2019 9:45 PM

Dec 2018
wtf was this episode
Apr 1, 2019 10:29 PM

Dec 2018
idk what to even be sad about anymore. tiger getting btfo by debris falling from god knows where? kaban getting NTR? the maelstrom of writing that took place? fuck.
Apr 2, 2019 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
WOW Kyururu is the villain of this series. She/he/it sacrificed that tiger(?), She/he/it did the drawings, She/he/it said the doggo to f**k off...

EDIT: also, propably She/he/it is half cerulean. She/he/it has different eye colours and green/black hair(?))
TyranthApr 2, 2019 3:53 AM
Apr 2, 2019 3:56 AM
Oct 2017
Am i the only one who was highly invested in "Kaban and "Serval"? Their story and friendship was all i cared about. Then season 2 "killed" Serval and made Kaban into an aged and hardened survivor. After season 1 ended, i built up so many expectations of what an adorable adventure they were to have..

Then they went and fucking killed Serval... The way everything progressed and ended at EP 12.. This is the most frustrated I've bfelt with an ending of any story I know.
Apr 2, 2019 8:10 AM

Aug 2018
Tyranth said:
WOW Kyururu is the villain of this series. She/he/it sacrificed that tiger(?), She/he/it did the drawings, She/he/it said the doggo to f**k off...
lol I think that pretty much sums it up. It all makes sense now.
Apr 2, 2019 8:50 AM
Oct 2017
I didn't like this alternative story, hopefully take out the S2 with kaban and serval someday.
Apr 2, 2019 10:37 AM
Oct 2018
Oh my god it was so bad hahaha.
The "final battle" with that mob of ceruleans was almost a joke, they tried to put some special moments here and there (like that scene where Kyururu jumped over that crack on the floor) but it fell flat. Also characters conveniently appearing out of nowhere, the poor Beast dying with no glory or honor, and that entire scene with Serval literally breaking up with Kaban while the happy "Welcome to Japari Park" song played in the background was sooooooo bad. There was literally no sense of direction in this show, and the fact almost not a single plot point got resolved makes it even worse.

That 95.3% negative rating in nicodouga was well deserved. What a half assed show, it fails as a sequel and as its own thing. No way I'll give this show a score higher than a 5/10
Mobages are consuming me alive
Apr 2, 2019 11:15 AM

Aug 2018
Kinda glad this monstrosity is over. Even though I looked forward to this Kemono Friends because I kinda did enjoy the fuck out the OG Kemono Friends when I watched it during the Twich x CrunchyRoll event in summer 2017, this alternative story really did dissapoint me.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Apr 2, 2019 2:27 PM

Apr 2012
Meh. The writing was horrendous but I feel bad for all the talented animators and designers that obviously worked hard on this show. Friends are a cute and loveable concept and could still be a good franchise if they make the appropriate staff changes for future projects.
Apr 2, 2019 3:13 PM
Oct 2013
That wasn't as good as the first season overall, and felt like a copy at first, but quickly became its own thing with moments to please everybody imo.
It had its sad parts and its feel good ones, I ended up enjoying it a lot.

It was a shame to see some people that were negative from the start finding excuses everytime instead of trying to see the good points of it. The new staff certainly didn't deserve the hate in that bad situation, that was awful to see.

Hopefully becomes even more of their own thing in a third part, I think they've managed to find something pretty unique that is still very much feeling like Kemono Friends. You can't please everyone obviously, but hopefully people will be more open to it this time.
Apr 2, 2019 3:29 PM
Mar 2019
Wonderfull show, heart warming and with real life insights related to personal loses and little life pains. Reading some negative comments make me realize why otakus have a reputation for immaturity and for to live in a bubble of their own fantasy and frustrated desires.
Apr 3, 2019 1:26 AM

Mar 2009
I tried to keep an open mind going into this, despite the whole Tatsuki situation, but I ended up being disappointed by S2 as a whole. The writing felt off, it lacked the charm of the 1st season, and it was rather mean-spirited at times. Not happy with Dog and Beast's fate at all. And Serval having no recollection of her past journey with Kaban is just plain depressing. Poor Kaban.

Bleh.
MormegilApr 3, 2019 1:32 AM
Apr 3, 2019 7:01 AM
Dec 2017
It was a excellent show and a great ending,the haters can go to another place.
Apr 3, 2019 7:52 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Well, that was... yeah 😐

As much as i tried to stay positive about s2, this ep just went so far beyond acceptable amounts of anti-climax that i think it actually wrapped around and achieved a sublime new level of WTF 😑

Maybe with the return of “Welcome to JP” there will be a chance of getting some story back-fill to replace some of this landfill 😅
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Apr 3, 2019 9:25 AM

Mar 2013
Mixed feelings overall...
The serie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it's REALLY far from being as enjoyable as the first season.
Let's say it was okay.
Also, what was the point of showing dog at the end ?! Am I supposed to be happy that she is alone in the house ?
Apr 3, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2012
Tanma said:
Mixed Also, what was the point of showing dog at the end ?! Am I supposed to be happy that she is alone in the house ?
The point of it is lore. The last image reads something like "the nice mister and lady of the park". And it shows two caretakers with Dog, Mirai and Kyuururu (and Serval and Caracal). So in her past life Kyuururu actually met Dog. So even back then she made a drawing and sent it to the staff (since Dog is rereading old letters).
Apr 3, 2019 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
EratiK said:
Tanma said:
Mixed Also, what was the point of showing dog at the end ?! Am I supposed to be happy that she is alone in the house ?
The point of it is lore. The last image reads something like "the nice mister and lady of the park". And it shows two caretakers with Dog, Mirai and Kyuururu (and Serval and Caracal). So in her past life Kyuururu actually met Dog. So even back then she made a drawing and sent it to the staff (since Dog is rereading old letters).

It also makes doggie more lonely and kyururu a bigger douché,because she was indeed one of the humans doggie was waiting for.
Apr 3, 2019 11:26 AM

Mar 2012
As I really liked the first series, I approached the series with some distance after a few pieces of information and as I thought the anime did not impress me, it was not bad, it was perfectly fine, but by evaluating S1> S2

Score: 6/10
Apr 3, 2019 12:22 PM

Aug 2014
Ending fucking sucked, and Kyururu is dumb, but I did like some of the new friends. KF needs to stick to CFDCT.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 3, 2019 12:25 PM

Apr 2012
Azumi-tei said:
It also makes doggie more lonely and kyururu a bigger douché,because she was indeed one of the humans doggie was waiting for.
Well yes and no. You can see Dog being close to the caretaker, but Kyuururu seems like a visitor, Dog's place wasn't her home either.
Apr 3, 2019 2:59 PM
Sep 2017
One of the two caretakers (the one that seemed especially close to Dog) is Nana, the main character for the manga: https://myanimelist.net/manga/98425/Kemono_Friends__Youkoso_Japari_Park_e

The other one with black hair is still unknown.
Apr 4, 2019 8:18 AM

Oct 2008
Not bad! but Tatsuki could have done better...just look at Kemurikusa...haha lolz
anyways, they've used the OP of S1 which is very nice!
lolz even the no affinity Beast helped Kyururu and the other Friends against the Cerulean but still no affinity! haha lolz
For sure Serval really could not remember any trace of memory to Kaban...sad!
And domesticated dog still alone.
4/5.
7/10.

Apr 4, 2019 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
Ultimately, I enjoyed it as much as the first season. Panda actually slept through the whole ordeal.

Fortunately, Kyururu was able to save Pigeon and tell her that she isn't alone.

The scene with Kaban and Serval was bittersweet. So was the final scene with Dog. I didn't expect Tiger to stay behind though.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 5, 2019 4:28 PM

Aug 2008
Some interesting things happening near the end. Like, what was the deal with that "Beast", what happened with Kaban and Serval in the past, what was the deal with those two black bird Friends, and what happened with the "Whale" Cerulean monster, among some other stuff. But pretty much all a mastery in the end, and largely unexplained. That was a huge bummer.

It feels like there was potential to make the story more complex and interesting, but it felt largely "filler-like" in essence. Sort of a shame.
Apr 5, 2019 4:37 PM
Mar 2012
Some bland ones, but was balanced by some hilarious & great episodes.
Show has been paying respect to s1 so far, as early on ep6 already shows Kaban remembers. Ep12 Serval teared up & promised to see Kaban again. If the creators didn't care, the easy way out was completely remove Kaban & Serval. But it was nice to see aged Kaban (really cute frizzy hair) appear many episodes & supporting Kyururu (who frankly isn't very useful). And we did get 12 episodes of Serval instead of none.

There are so many plot threads/themes, that this melancholic bittersweet end is ok as wrapup before a necessary sequel, otherwise the open endedness is too incomplete, like Infinity Wars without Endgame. I really liked the gradual development of all these threads & hope they don't throw em out the window:

Conflict/arguments: there's a lot more in S2 among Friends, but shows them overcoming differences & re-friending. Glad for extra focus on Arai & Fennec such a fun pair, Pronghorn x Cheetah (uber blush lol) fighting together (went from speed rivals to strong ship material), Leopards & Gators have become friends, and Caracal & Serval teamwork to beat their clones. Much of this is thanks to Kyururu even if she/he seems weak. The Spheres fighting PPP did felt excessive 'conflict'.

Game/sports: this was the tanoshi/kids show parts. Kyururu was the Game Master who used games to resolve the conflicts mentioned, eg the boat games, panda swing, jigsaw puzzle, paper sumo, & relay race.

Sea's mood & Cruise Cerulean: been brooding for several episodes since the sea friends. It vanished abruptly after crashing the hotel, & didn't get defeated. Volcanoes still a mystery. Feels like the thread's missing some parts.

House: running theme & goal of the whole journey. Again confirms Birds of Paradise, but a nicer conclusion since Kyururu decides to stop looking for an unknown home, and decides home is whereever the trio is. Also Campo Flicker the realestate agent.

Kyururu: what's her past? Where's the house in her drawing? Why her drawings attract Ceruleans to clone it? Can Kaban draw & make C clones too? So many mysteries.

Amnesia: it's clear Serval & Kyururu both had forgotten past lives. Serval eaten & reborn w/o memories. Kyururu possibly the same at the standstar pod, but had glimpse of her past via her old drawings. The melancholic end & philosophy Birds push a strong theme of acceptance of loss, to Let it Go & move forward (is this how the creators feel of S1??). If "home" is a metaphor for S1, then it kinda meshes.

Siberian Tiger Beast: started with a roar in the distance, then shadow appearances, Kaban explains Beast, Kyururu hoping to befriend Beast, building up the mystery hype. But then she just suicides under rubble, probably as sad a moment as the Kaban/Serval meet. Thematically it confirms Birds of Paradise, that you can't ever understand some characters. Her Beast aura vanished at end, maybe she got a bit sanity/consciousness back, & chose to die knowing she'll revert to Beast again & harm friends. Real unfortunate, but maybe Sandstar can reborn a good Tiger.

Doggo: Spheres appeared many times since ep1, and Doggo appeared several times since ep3 (starting with a shadow). Similar gradual appearance as the Beast was really interesting, setting up polar opposites of human's best friend vs wild beast. Another melancholic end for Doggo alone at home, but her fan letters at least cheer her up a lil. The treasured drawing suggests they met during Kyururu's past life, and Doggo might remember but doesn't push the issue? But the drawing has all the humans from other medias, & makes Kyururu's past even more mysterious...did she meet all of them before, or the drawing was filled out gradually by different people? Was she just a park visitor before, and that Doggo is actually waiting for Nana her possible owner?
Apr 5, 2019 5:11 PM
Sep 2017
gophercg said:
Amnesia: it's clear Serval & Kyururu both had forgotten past lives. Serval eaten & reborn w/o memories. Kyururu possibly the same at the standstar pod, but had glimpse of her past via her old drawings. The melancholic end & philosophy Birds push a strong theme of acceptance of loss, to Let it Go & move forward (is this how the creators feel of S1??). If "home" is a metaphor for S1, then it kinda meshes.

Interesting that you mention this - loss and acceptance are a recurring theme in the franchise. One Japanese guy made a really nice analysis here, with a translation available here; if you have the time/care about it, it's a pretty enlightening read, albeit a bit on the long side.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

Ghefira - Mar 8, 2023

3 by Ghefira »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 11 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Mar 25, 2019

21 by Serafos »»
Nov 5, 2021 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.