Forum Settings
Forums

Objectively, what is the worst anime you have ever seen?

New
Mar 30, 2019 3:17 PM

May 2014
Bottom of the barrel garbage with little to no redeemable qualities. Perhaps you decided not to drop this anime, but then wondered why you didn't after the last episode reminded you how shit it really was.

I'll start, School Days

Characters: Literally all 1 track minded nymphos from the uncharismatic and underwhelming MC to the females that he goes on to smash one after the other for absolutely no reason other than, it's a harem but in this harem, the MC must get all da hoes.

Plot:

DarkSyndicateMar 31, 2019 9:03 AM
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2019 3:27 PM

Jan 2018
Objectivity in a subjective medium is a near-impossible concept, but I think just about anyone can agree that there's an exception to this.. called Mars of Destruction. It's not just the shittiest anime, but in fact the worst thing I've ever seen. However, I would happily rewatch it with friends just to laugh at how atrociously bad it is. It's only 20 minutes long, after all xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 30, 2019 3:50 PM

May 2014
Greyleaf said:
Objectivity in a subjective medium is a near-impossible concept, but I think just about anyone can agree that there's an exception to this.. called Mars of Destruction. It's not just the shittiest anime, but in fact the worst thing I've ever seen. However, I would happily rewatch it with friends just to laugh at how atrociously bad it is. It's only 20 minutes long, after all xD

It does kind of sound weird but I added the objectively just to try to make sure the focus was on anime that were actually terrible, and not just semi-bad popular anime that are overrated.

I do remember watching that with friends and just about dying laughing.

Maybe Mars of Destruction was an experiment to see what they could produce off of like, 100 dollars?

Mar 30, 2019 5:13 PM

Jan 2018
DarkSyndicate said:
Greyleaf said:

It does kind of sound weird but I added the objectively just to try to make sure the focus was on anime that were actually terrible, and not just semi-bad popular anime that are overrated.

I do remember watching that with friends and just about dying laughing.

Maybe Mars of Destruction was an experiment to see what they could produce off of like, 100 dollars?

I wouldn't be surprised. Everything about it was pathetic, minus the soundtrack. Beethoven and Erik Satie did a fantastic job after all. :P

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges

Mar 30, 2019 5:15 PM
Feb 2019
Goku No Piccolo. Just screw it to hell
"Don't forget my name, Soul Reaper, and you better pray that you never hear it again! Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez...because the next time you hear my name, you'll be a dead man...I promise."
Mar 30, 2019 5:17 PM

Sep 2016
Nami. If you've seen it, you know why.
Mar 30, 2019 5:21 PM

Aug 2018
Objectively speaking?
Mmmm from the maximum level of criticism i can reach and by shoving aside my pet peeves with the show it would be Toradora.
The characters are nuclear toxic waste evil and no person on the world should ever try to emulate their actions even to a small degree.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Mar 30, 2019 5:42 PM

Dec 2018
Yeah this isn’t at all an objective topic >_> good and bad are entirely subjective.

In my opinion the worst anime I’ve seen are School Days and Elfen Lied tho.

CordobezEverdeen said:
Objectively speaking?
Mmmm from the maximum level of criticism i can reach and by shoving aside my pet peeves with the show it would be Toradora.
The characters are nuclear toxic waste evil and no person on the world should ever try to emulate their actions even to a small degree.

Lol Toradora has no place in this discussion >_>

And Ami was the only evil person. A lot of people could stand to benefit from being more like Ryuuji.

Whachu smokin brah?
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 30, 2019 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
Tenkuu Danzai Skelter Heaven, I think it even managed to be a little worse than Mars od Destruction.
Mar 30, 2019 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Everything about it was pure shit, from the characters to the plot to the 5 second transitions which occurred 5 times every damn episode.
Mar 30, 2019 5:48 PM

May 2017
ao no exorcist. its filled with typical generic shounen characters where each has his little trope that we all have seen before "Hey im the passive aggressive dude that always yells. I pretend like I hate you but in reality you are my rival and you push and motivate me to reach greater strengths." None of the characters have any real depths and you don't really give a single shit about them.

The main characters are just a catastrophe. The story is the most underwhelming thing I have ever seen. Nothing happens and when something happens its extremely boring. There was not a single moment where I cared about anything that was happening.

There is not a single good thing about this show for me. I hated it.
Mar 30, 2019 5:48 PM

Sep 2016

Like 90% of all people here don't even know what objectively bad means and are just posting their subjectively least favorite anime...

greyjoie said:

I second that, from an objective standpoint Nami is the worst I've seen so far because it's just a stop-motion sequence of simple photographs.

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 30, 2019 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
a bunch of them, but I'll name just two

Hand Shakers
My Sister, My Writer
Mar 30, 2019 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
Hard question. I have seen a lot of shit, but I will say Mushishi just because I still cannot believe people call it a masterpiece.
Mar 30, 2019 5:59 PM

May 2014
Either Glasslip or Big order both for different reasons.

In glasslip just nothing happens and when i say nothing i absolutely mean nothing, like watching paint dry.
Big order is probably the biggest clusterfuck in history, had enough after 2 episodes.
Mar 30, 2019 6:01 PM

Apr 2018
without a doubt

fuck this show
Mar 30, 2019 6:03 PM

Jan 2018
Hokage_Jason said:

Agreed. People are way too quick to hate on it for no good reason (other than its popularity, I suppose). I wouldn't even consider Ami to have been "evil" in the first place, and she showed an exceptional amount of growth by the end of the show.

Optigisa said:
Hard question. I have seen a lot of shit, but I will say Mushishi just because I still cannot believe people call it a masterpiece.

Now that's a controversial opinion if I've ever seen one, lol

"
― Jorge Luis Borges

Mar 30, 2019 6:08 PM

Dec 2018
Zarutaku said:

Like 90% of all people here don't even know what objectively bad means and are just posting their subjectively least favorite anime...

greyjoie said:

I second that, from an objective standpoint Nami is the worst I've seen so far because it's just a stop-motion sequence of simple photographs.

I think you just misunderstand how non-objective this matter is. You cannot a dress this objectively in any form. Your complain about Nami is an example, you say it’s objectivel bad because it’s just a sequence of photographs, but that’s still just your opinion. Someone else could find that good.

Not even murdering someone, something I think most people can agree is bad, is truely “objectively” bad.

All opinion man. Very few things can really be talked about objectively.
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 30, 2019 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai

Never watch it, but I heard the production's gotten so bad the animators literally cried for help in the ED credit. That's probably the best (or worst, I guess) example of "objectively bad" I could think of.
Mar 30, 2019 6:11 PM

Jan 2017
DarkSyndicate said:
Bottom of the barrel garbage with little to no redeemable qualities. Perhaps you decided not to drop this anime, but then wondered why you didn't after the last episode reminded you how shit it really was.

I'll start, School Days

Divine Gate probably is the worst I've seen. Good ass opening though
you're cool
Mar 30, 2019 6:12 PM

Feb 2013
outside of bottom tier specials made by some guy in his lunch break like the code geass flash specials or owari no chronicle, probably Shuffle Memories.. it's a gosh darned 12 episode clip show of a bad adaptation of a bad visual novel

aki no puzzle is also a good contender.. it's a 6 minute short you can afford to do a quick google and watch it ;) good luck. this anime is so bad it's virtually unwatchable

also lmao@not understanding school days
romagiaMar 30, 2019 6:15 PM
Mar 30, 2019 6:18 PM

Sep 2014
Dannny said:

In glasslip just nothing happens and when i say nothing i absolutely mean nothing, like watching paint dry.
Big order is probably the biggest clusterfuck in history, had enough after 2 episodes.

Things happen in Glasslip it was just 2deep4u.
Mar 30, 2019 6:20 PM
Dec 2017
Objectively, I'd say Pupa and King's Game.

There are lots of reasons to hate Pupa; the episodes are way too short, there's little to no time to bond with the characters, the art and animation may be unappealing to some, the characters beside the main ones were hardly memorable because they were hardly around, and etc.

Even though I don't dislike King's Game in the slightest, there are problems with the animation and art that even very tolerant anime watchers can notice and (possibly) be bothered by, the character designs are basically what you'd find in most anime, the characters themselves were either unlikable or lacked a personality, and some scenes are so ridiculously funny and bloody that it can hardly be considered horror.

Subjectively, I'd say Pupa and then Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody. Death March isn't horrible but the other anime on my list make it seem rather boring and not worth the time. I honestly prefer King's Game over both of them though, lol.
Mar 30, 2019 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
Ousama Game. I mean I heard worse like My Sister, My Writer but I haven't watched it (and I already knew that anime was gonna bomb considering the Masou Gauken HxH director was responsible for this so..)

Anyways, Ousama Game is the worst is because well, simple the story is crap, the characters are so unlikable to the point they're like Saturday morning villians than anything else, the art/animation is atrocious, may I say more?

Mar 30, 2019 6:22 PM

May 2014
Hrybami said:
Dannny said:

Yeah i probably just don't have the IQ to understand the magnificence that is Glasslip.
Mar 30, 2019 6:31 PM

Dec 2018
Greyleaf said:
Hokage_Jason said:

Agreed. People are way too quick to hate on it for no good reason (other than its popularity, I suppose). I wouldn't even consider Ami to have been "evil" in the first place, and she showed an exceptional amount of growth by the end of the show.

I find most complaints about Toradora to be super groundless. The worst is when people call Taiga a tsunder or act like she’s some extremely abusive b——. Like did you only watch the first episode sword attack and drop it from there? She spends far more time trying to help her friends than being mean.

To be honest though that’s the case for almost all hate I see on these forums. I’d wager more often than not people haven’t finished the shows they hate on. Obviously there’s some exceptions.

As for Ami;
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 30, 2019 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
Greyleaf said:
Hokage_Jason said:

Optigisa said:

I just watched ten episodes of Ping Pong in a row, compare that to Mushishi and see which one stomps.
Mar 30, 2019 6:43 PM

Sep 2014
Dannny said:
Hrybami said:

Yeah i probably just don't have the IQ to understand the magnificence that is Glasslip.

Apparently not. If it was already too much
For you to even realize that things happen in the anime then let alone understanding it.
Mar 30, 2019 6:43 PM

Sep 2015
Isuca and Absolute Duo. The first is the worst piece of crap I've ever encountered, the second is so lame it hurts your soul.
Mar 30, 2019 6:45 PM

Sep 2014
Finally it pays off to have watched Mars of Destruction. It was so bad, it wasnt even funny anymore.

So I go with Tokyo Ghoul Re.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 30, 2019 6:49 PM

Oct 2017
school days is just too deep and nuanced for the average person
Mar 30, 2019 6:50 PM

May 2014
Hrybami said:
Dannny said:

For you to even realize that things happen in the anime then let alone understanding it.

Exactly, you could not be more right. Now would you be so kind to explain what is exactly happening and why and how it makes sense. I don't understand since i'm such a dum dum.
Mar 30, 2019 6:56 PM

Jan 2018
Optigisa said:
Greyleaf said:

I just watched ten episodes of Ping Pong in a row, compare that to Mushishi and see which one stomps.

Well first of all, I wouldn't compare Ping Pong to Mushishi. They serve entirely different purposes as works of art. Both anime are favorites of mine, but for very different reasons. It's one thing to not enjoy the iyashikei genre, and that's by all means perfectly fine, but to claim that Mushishi is bad (and in a thread asking about objectively bad anime).
BarnaldMar 31, 2019 12:25 PM

"
― Jorge Luis Borges

Mar 30, 2019 7:04 PM

May 2018
Glasslip
Mayoiga
Pupa
Texhnolyze
Suzumiya Haruhi Endless 8
Mar 30, 2019 7:14 PM

Sep 2014
Dannny said:
Hrybami said:

Exactly, you could not be more right. Now would you be so kind to explain what is exactly happening and why and how it makes sense. I don't understand since i'm such a dum dum.

Excuse me? You don't believe it or you don't understand it? It looks like you secretly already realized that things actually happened, but you didn't understood them so you had to pretend that nothing happened.

I would say at least you tried, but since Glasslip is not even that deep to begin with then I'm not quite sure if you actually tried or you're just that slow.
Mar 30, 2019 7:18 PM

May 2014
Clannad, AoT, Fairy Tail, you know the drill
Mar 30, 2019 7:20 PM

May 2014
Hrybami said:
Dannny said:

Excuse me? You don't believe it or you don't understand it? It looks like you secretly already realized that things actually happened, but you didn't understood them so you had to pretend that nothing happened.

I would say at least you tried, but since Glasslip is not even that deep to begin with then I'm not quite sure if you actually tried or you're just that slow.

LOL, you're an amusing guy thanks for the laughs.
Mar 30, 2019 7:21 PM
Jan 2017
Hmmm, maybe DanMachi? The most blandest characters I've ever seen in anime, plot is pretty pathetic and made each episode incredibly hard to watch, and it tries to compensate for this with ridiculous fanservice to the point where it's just disgusting.
Mar 30, 2019 7:24 PM

Mar 2016
DarkSyndicate said:

I'll start, School Days

For me it's a two-way tie between Pupa and Conception. They just fail on every level — premise is horrible, and it's badly executed in both cases.

On a different note, I really don't get why people think School Days is bad at all. It manages to avoid the usual pitfalls of the harem genre. I liked it, though I normally detest harem shows.
Mar 30, 2019 7:27 PM

Apr 2018
For me, it's a toss-up between either SwordGai, Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki or Petit Eva @ School (this one is especially offensive to me, as an Evangelion fan).

I really can't decide which of the 3 is the worst.
Mar 30, 2019 9:27 PM

May 2014
greyjoie said:

I read the description and watching that is gonna be a hard nope from me
Mar 30, 2019 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
I never went out of my way to watch stuff that's universally deemed bad, so I can only think of Blame! Prologue. Granted, it seems to be just a CGI test and not really a serious release, but still...yikes. It's just terrible. No way in heaven can this thing be defendable by anyone.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/3430/Blame_Prologue

Optigisa said:

Your opinion is objectively bad.
Satyr_iconMar 30, 2019 9:36 PM
Mar 30, 2019 9:32 PM

May 2014
U1111 said:
DarkSyndicate said:

I'll start, School Days

For me it's a two-way tie between Pupa and Conception. They just fail on every level — premise is horrible, and it's badly executed in both cases.

On a different note, I really don't get why people think School Days is bad at all. It manages to avoid the usual pitfalls of the harem genre. I liked it, though I normally detest harem shows.

School Days is shit for multiple reasons.

Zero character development

Meh for the time period art and the gray tone that was just depressing to look at

Easy-to-hate MC who just fucks whatever girl his dick points him to, one girl to the next with no logical setup for this happening

And of course, that terrible ending that had nothing going for it but attempted shock value.

I could go on but I think the School Days reviews will do a better job.

I could go on but I think the School Days reviews will do a better job
Mar 30, 2019 9:33 PM
Aug 2018
I would say Dynamic chord. I didn't even want to finish the first episode
Mar 30, 2019 9:36 PM

May 2014
Gorochu said:
Glasslip
Mayoiga
Pupa
Texhnolyze
Suzumiya Haruhi Endless 8

Endless 8 made me drop a point off the show, nearly drop the show altogether, and consider sending an angry message to the author in Japanese.

I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that that was a good idea.
Mar 30, 2019 9:40 PM

May 2014
SparkingVolt said:
DarkSyndicate said:

I'll start, School Days

Divine Gate probably is the worst I've seen. Good ass opening though

I remember that show! It was pretty garbage looking back, but I never did skip that opening. It was clean as fuck
Mar 30, 2019 9:59 PM

Oct 2013
Isuca and Mahou Sensou are my usual answers for stuff like this. Not sure if i want to call them "objectively bad" but they're the closest I can think of.
Mar 30, 2019 10:35 PM
Sep 2017
Nine-TailedJosh said:
Hmmm, maybe DanMachi? The most blandest characters I've ever seen in anime, plot is pretty pathetic and made each episode incredibly hard to watch, and it tries to compensate for this with ridiculous fanservice to the point where it's just disgusting.

I agree with this opinion.
Some say it better than Sao, but it kinda boring and bland.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2019 10:37 PM

Jun 2016
Princess Lover is the worst anime in existence.
Mar 30, 2019 10:38 PM

Apr 2017
Pupa, about everything about this show is shit, characters, plot, animation, etc.
As bas as mars of destruction and skelter heaven is, there wasn't anything to make me hate it, they were below what you call averagely bad.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

44 by Gator »»
1 minute ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

51 by Gator »»
2 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

29 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

87 by Gator »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

32 by Ratris_Decision »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.