Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Prez counting sheep! How cute! But Prez! counting that? I am dead! :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2019 1:10 AM

Sep 2010
shanimebib said:
Prez counting sheep! How cute! But Prez! counting that? I am dead! :D

I know, right? Wow, Miyuki. XD

Oh, he was so close to the finish line, but it is not the time yet!

Two days until Christmas, huh? We still got a way to go.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 29, 2019 1:52 AM

Nov 2007
Daisuki said:
I know, right? Wow, Miyuki. XD

He literally chased after her shouting her name and repeatedly telling her why she was running away (of course because of Iino's remark on the perfume LMAO). He even praised her scent after she got all worried thanks to Iino and wanted to avoid Prez like never before! And he also got the clues from last chapter about holding hands! Seriously, if anyone says Prez wasn't doing enough will have to go through me!

Well, Ice Kaguya was super dishonest there with her "shonna wakenai desho!" That facepalm should be the grand giveaway although by that time Prez already took the blows physically (never expected!) as well as mentally! Anyways, it was Ice Kaguya's grand defeat!

Daisuki said:

Melting coming in two weeks time or probably not! We have to cover the Koyasu-senpai home party after all!
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2019 1:55 AM

Sep 2013
Can this Kaguya get any more frustrating? How many contradictions must you set while playing this new game that Shirogane doesn't understand the reason of.
Mar 29, 2019 1:59 AM

Sep 2010
Yeah, Miyuki did a lot of good this chapter.

Heh, Iino took an interest in perfume too. I wonder why~

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 29, 2019 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
These are not even fun mindgames now, unimpressive chapter yet again. Just waiting for the Christmas party event now, hopefully not too many chapters like these in between that.
Mar 29, 2019 2:41 AM

Aug 2014
I'm kinda starting to feel sorry for him, he looks so depressed yet whenever he tries to do something that helps both of them, she just sends him back to the depressed state. I thought I would like Ice kaguya more but at this point, I just want this arc to end.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 29, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2007
Daisuki said:
Heh, Iino took an interest in perfume too. I wonder why~

Yep. She didn't seem to resist and gave in quite fast!
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2019 3:25 AM

Jun 2015
Miyuki is gonna be The Man among men when the time comes.

For those complaining Ice Kaguya's mindgames perhaps forgot that she has something that is sort of Multiple Personality Disorder (but not quite there). Ice Kaguya and Normal Kaguya is literally different person and each has their own ego. While Normal Kaguya experiences "Ultra Romantic" with prez, the Ice Kaguya thinks it isn't fair since Ice Kaguya was the first one who fell in love with prez. Thus, Ice Kaguya seeks for the same experience. In conclusion... Ice Kaguya wants to experience something Romantic with prez.
Mar 29, 2019 4:11 AM

Jan 2018
President counting coffins lmfao and Ishigami reaction xD.

Well, Ice Kaguya im really not liking her hope that bakaguya will come back soon.
Mar 29, 2019 4:26 AM

Mar 2017
Things cleared up between Prez and Kaguya at least a little bit.
Mar 29, 2019 4:38 AM

Jan 2009
Oh my goodness, Iceguya is a handful. Not easy to like ^_^; ... on the plus side, Miyuki has definitely redeemed himself in my eyes, and contrary to the last chapter - which was just painful - this one went down much easier with me.

I've been thinking about it. The reason why Kaguya-sama has its (for me irresistible) charm is because I emphasize with all characters. I like them. I want them to be happy. When they struggle in pain, I worry and feel sorry for them, and I'm glad when things get resolved.

With Iceguya, this isn't true _YET_. She has been very unlikable so far. Even the kid she saved was shown to only happen out of calculation of usefulness for later. I find her "dark side" (see her handling of Iino) interesting and intriguing, but I don't "like" her yet. In her favor I can say that I understand where she's coming from, and that she is a "raw" version of what's coming out of the horrible Shinomia rules and upbringing, warped, calculating and selfish.

The show hasn't gone into this phase yet - when Miyuki fell in love with the take-charge Ice Princess and melted her into chapter 1-Kaguya. I always wanted to know. Now I think we'll be able to finally see.
Mar 29, 2019 6:04 AM

Jul 2012
Women are a god damn enigma! ...
Iino destroyed IceKaguya, i loved it =/
That kick again, lmao.
And well that was a heavy loss ...
Mar 29, 2019 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
People from last thread need to apologize the fuck now to shirogane. I do like that this chapter basically kind of cleaned up the misunderstanding to a degree and broke the ice kaguya facade, sure they arent together yet cause thats obviously being left for chirstmas, but i was a little worried they were just gonna repeat the last chapter a few times and call it a day, this instead feels more like baby steps.

the miko stuff felt a bit weirdly paced though, but i guess they were building that part up for maybe next chapter or something?
JizzyHitlerMar 29, 2019 6:35 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 29, 2019 6:59 AM

Nov 2007
allenjke said:
Women are a god damn enigma!

I know, right? I am so glad you noticed that line! The original said 女心が1ミリもわからん (Onnagokoro ga 1 miri mo wakaran) which literally means "I don't even get a millimeter of a woman's heart". I would have just translated it as "I don't get women at all". I like the improvisation there from the scanlators. Really, even though I read some manga raw, I always come back to read releases of certain translators' works because of how good they are! Fans should really appreciate these guys!

yosepdxt said:
Miyuki is gonna be The Man among men when the time comes.

Someone understands our Prez!

HalfHalfBastard said:
I can literally FEEL Shirogane's suffering from this chapter.

See, I told you that Miyuki should not be blamed.

JizzyHitler said:
People from last thread need to apologize the fuck now to shirogane.

You can say that again!
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2019 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
shanimebib said:
allenjke said:
Women are a god damn enigma!

I know, right? I am so glad you noticed that line! The original said 女心が1ミリもわからん (Onnagokoro ga 1 miri mo wakaran) which literally means "I don't even get a millimeter of a woman's heart". I would have just translated it as "I don't get women at all". I like the improvisation there from the scanlators. Really, even though I read some manga raw, I always come back to read releases of certain translators' works because of how good they are! Fans should really appreciate these guys!

Oh thanks for the info, interesting! I think i could've scrapped my poor knowledge/understanding and translate it if it was transliterated, but unfortunately i don't know Japanese and am scared of it =/
And the translators definitely doing great job! I think their team is amazing, big props!
allenjkeMar 29, 2019 7:14 AM
Mar 29, 2019 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
soo close yet soo far.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 29, 2019 7:24 AM
Sep 2018
Well we'e seeing Ice-Kaguya starting to melt into a Slushy that is standard version Kaguya-Sama. Honestly speaking, is seems the more sleep deprived Pres. Miyuki becomes the better his perceptiveness towards our Kaguya-Sama he gets.

now the question is; will our Pres. and VP just end up getting interrupted on christmas by our ever chaotic Chika-kun? We all know that Chika is bound to find out soon and expoe our love-birds' relationship to the student council right?

But we could still expect them to become official after the next 2 chapters or so. Can't wait for the new mind games to come up when they're officially a couple.
Mar 29, 2019 10:05 AM
Jan 2015
Ice Kaguya was a little less frustrating this chapter, but still quite irritable. Glad Miyuki didn't just take it though and confronted her. Ice Kaguya is just making things more complicated then they should be, but at least it appears that she's starting to melt, so we won't have to deal with this much longer.
My Queens

Mar 29, 2019 10:40 AM
Mar 2019
Ice Kaguya was a bit closer to regular Kaguya this week. Hopefully this "version" of her soon melts back to the Kaguya we like best, but I can see this being a sort of narrative choice to somewhat mature Base Kaguya more. As funny as Stupid Kaguya is, it's possible we may not see her again after this arc ends unless something crazy happens like her going "all the way" with Miyuki. And seeing how slow they are progressing I doubt it's going to be happening within the manga.

Though to be completely fair, at the end of the day this is still Kaguya. The impressions this chapter gives me is that this "face" is basically just her usual sass/sadistic streaks amped up to 10, with maybe a small hint of her more directness we've seen in the series. I've been skimming through chapters and there are moments where we see Ice Kaguya slip out for an instant, so she's technically been there all along. Like Ishigami said in this chapter, he views her the same as always because she technically is. Only Miyuki who has a romantic interest in her will pick up on the subtleties.

Also, Iino, who will you use that perfume for, huh? Hmm...

I'm also fairly positive Ishigami thought for at least 5 seconds on taking up the offer from Kaguya for the makeup. Even if just for a second. Haha. That is still one of my favorite chapters with him.
Mar 29, 2019 10:56 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
To be honest, I feel that the chapters after the famous chapter 136 have been a bit boring. It might be because the dual confession arc set a new standard. Anyhow, hope that the Christmas arc is fucking lit.

4/5 for this chapter.
cchiguMar 29, 2019 11:17 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 29, 2019 11:00 AM
Jan 2015
cchigu said:
To be honest, I feel that the chapters after the infamous chapter 136 have been a bit boring. It might be because the dual confession arc set a new standard. Anyhow, hope that the Christmas arc is fucking lit.

4/5 for this chapter.
Wait...hold up. So you think chapter 136 was infamous? Infamous means being famous for being bad you know.
My Queens

Mar 29, 2019 11:16 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
-Mahesvara said:
cchigu said:
To be honest, I feel that the chapters after the infamous chapter 136 have been a bit boring. It might be because the dual confession arc set a new standard. Anyhow, hope that the Christmas arc is fucking lit.

4/5 for this chapter.
Wait...hold up. So you think chapter 136 was infamous? Infamous means being famous for being bad you know.

Oh! Sorry, my bad. I didn't know that.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 29, 2019 11:55 AM
Jan 2015
cchigu said:
-Mahesvara said:

Oh! Sorry, my bad. I didn't know that.
Lol no biggie, I figured you didn't mean that considering the rest of your post.
My Queens

Mar 29, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2016
So should Miko go see Yuu after a half hour? :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 29, 2019 12:57 PM

Nov 2007
tywhoppity said:

No. She should bump onto him rightaway because the obasan like initial scent will balance out the 24/7 adorable baby that she is and Yuu will finally see her as a woman and not just as Chika's plaything. :P
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2019 3:19 PM
Mar 2019
tywhoppity said:

I hope to see some progression between these two after the inevitable rejection he gets from Club Senpai.
Mar 29, 2019 4:52 PM
Sep 2018
shanimebib said:
tywhoppity said:

No. She should bump onto him rightaway because the obasan like initial scent will balance out the 24/7 adorable baby that she is and Yuu will finally see her as a woman and not just as Chika's plaything. :P

She's probably worked up quite a cold sweat, what with Kaguya's insinuations.
Mar 29, 2019 5:02 PM
Mar 2019
On that topic, I did not expect to get such a detailed explanation on how perfume works. As a man I didn't know there was so much science to it, but it's pretty intriguing.
Mar 29, 2019 5:47 PM
Mar 2015
She is never going to win with this plan
Mar 29, 2019 5:47 PM
Mar 2015
She is never going to win with this plan
Mar 30, 2019 11:01 AM
Jun 2016
Kaguya is being really dumb trying to make all these advances seem like nothing. Granted going to Stanford is one thing and I don't think she's necessarily rejected it, but it really feels like she's playing down the kiss really hard. Last chapter I felt like she was conveying it in a way that a kiss is no big deal, so you should kiss me too kinda thing. But now it feels like okay sure we kissed, but that doesn't mean anything. She's making Miyuki not want to kiss her because he doesn't see the point if someone's not emotionally invested. I'm really glad he was aggressive and honest here, that's what he needs to get through Ice Kaguya. I do think that Ice Kaguya's ideas had to be addressed, and while I don't think it's been gone about in the ideal way it feels like it's steadily progressing. I just hope Miyuki stays keen for hints coming forward and gets Kaguya to be more honest with her feelings like he's being now.

All that aside, I like how Iino took interest in the perfume, it's pretty cute and it seems to be working for a build up to stuff that'll happen with her later. I'm not overjoyed with these turn of events as most people aren't but I think this phase these two are in is important for moving forward. It would've been far worse if Ice Kaguya had been brought out after they already started dating, and would've lead to more drama than necessary.
Mar 30, 2019 3:22 PM

Feb 2018
Ishigami is the Harem King, Kaguya has finaly developted into a classic tsundere. Are we having a normal romcom from now on?

Also, am I a gambler? (LOL) 'cause, from the community reaction to Ice Kaguya, it seems that having her now is a high risk choice while I can only see high return from it.

and, like, this isn't even mind games anymore, she is straight up trying to seduce him like "normal" persons would, too bad this kind stuff does not go well with this manga haha. It would be great to have Hayasaka's mom to teach Ice some tatics. With all the "mess" Ice is doing I really hope she is the one doing the clean up, if Prez is the one who does it, it'll be so unfair.
Mar 30, 2019 10:15 PM
Mar 2019
I think there's a method to the madness here with Ice Kaguya. I know none of us are thrilled with her presence, but just remember this is still Kaguya at the end of the day. Just one aspect of her being pushed atm. I'm very confident in the writing I've seen for this series and I really think we'll look back on this later and understand that it was a turning point for Kaguya and Miyuki.

Miyuki needs to gain more confidence in himself and be more assertive with Kaguya.

Kaguya needs to be more open with her feelings and also just understand emotions in general better.

Both of these things I feel are being forced to develop by these events.
Mar 30, 2019 11:14 PM

Jan 2019
Kudos for Miyuki's deductions in this chapter. So, 2 days to go until Christmas. Hope prez and kaguya clear up all the misunderstandings before that.
Mar 31, 2019 8:31 AM

Nov 2015
Guess the author ran out of ideas for entertaining mind games, since all we're getting now is Kaguya acting like a typical, annoying teenager.
Mar 31, 2019 8:50 AM
Jan 2017
Kinda feels like the story isn’t sure where it’s going, I mean we had so much progression for all the characters and now it feels like we’re back to square 1 (hell with Kaguya she’s even worse than she was in chapter 1)
Mar 31, 2019 10:10 AM
Mar 2019
You guys just need to be more patient.
Mar 31, 2019 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
GoldenUmi said:
You guys just need to be more patient.

Ditto.

Most of the Kaguya-sama fans are super spoiled by how amazing this manga has been in the last 3 years or so. Even the smallest of dips can be considered a massive drop given the standard set by the mangaka.

In all honesty, the last few chapters have been still much better than most of the ongoing romcoms right now.
Coronavirus.
Mar 31, 2019 11:22 AM
Mar 2019
There's nothing wrong with setting standards, but if you guys believe the quality of writing has been so good (and it has) let's have some faith at least.

It's always possible for an author's writing to dip in quality for various reasons, even because of interference from the higher ups. But you need to give it more than 2-3 chapters before jumping the gun even if you're not a fan of the current direction.

Basically, imo, let's wait for the current arc to wrap up, and probably Christmas Eve since that seems to be a part of this. Then we can make a fair judgment of whether these developments were good or not. And if we view the arc as bad, there's a chance for the series to hit its highs again.
Apr 2, 2019 4:49 AM

Jan 2011
Ice Kaguya getting btfo by Iino was gold.
Apr 4, 2019 2:05 AM

Dec 2015
Falling deeper into that hole, both of them.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 26, 2019 7:38 PM
Feb 2019
ugh ice princess is annoying. shes ruining their progress!! :(
Aug 21, 2020 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
Shirogane was counting coffins lol

I can't really blame Shirogane for being confused at this point. Kaguya feels really all over the place right now.
Oct 2, 2020 5:27 PM

Jan 2019
I always wanted to know more about Ice Kaguya but now I regret it, easily one of the worst characters from here
Jan 3, 2022 6:17 AM

Jul 2021
Lol Shirogane can't get over the moment that Kaguya somewhat felt irresistible to get into his zone. Damn I like how Chika is still oblivious about Kaguya's absolutely silent treatment and the way Kaguya started to accomplice Miko is hilarious even if she felt like the scent hits strongly. Anyways though I hope her personality got back to normal to say the least because she deserves to be happier than her other colder side. Also it was nice that Shirogane can predict easily what a true man usually wants any woman to expect.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 3, 2022 7:56 AM
Mar 2020
RPWPA said:
I'm kinda starting to feel sorry for him, he looks so depressed yet whenever he tries to do something that helps both of them, she just sends him back to the depressed state. I thought I would like Ice kaguya more but at this point, I just want this arc to end.

Yeah i kinda agree, and they are dragging this shit long for no f***in reason
Apr 12, 2022 6:05 AM

Apr 2021
Lol, he was counting coffins in his sleep, but in the end he finally realized it. Not a bad chapter!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 223 Discussion

NakolHira - Apr 5, 2021

47 by thicdicdaddy27 »»
Apr 19, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 281 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lezet - Oct 29, 2022

251 by SrRoses »»
Mar 4, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

11 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 251 Discussion

Depal2 - Jan 25, 2022

35 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

16 by MeyerDitt »»
Feb 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.