Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2019 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
So all the popular animes have a lot of haters, for reasons and sometimes even for no reason, so which popular anime has the fewest haters?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Nov 2014
I'd say HxH and Koe no Katachi. I don't think I've ever seen people hating those titles. I haven't observed their forums that much tho, so my observation is based only on stuff I see on general forums and outside of MAL.
Mind you, I'm talking only actual haters. Normal criticism is everywhere.
Mar 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Jan 2018
operasinger said:
So all the popular animes have a lot of haters, for reasons and sometimes even for no reason, so which popular anime has the fewest haters?

Fullmetal Alchemist is definitely it. I've never seen someone shit on that show in a colossal way. Only thing I see is some people calling it a bit overrated, but they still liked it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 28, 2019 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
I'd say shows that are in MAL's top 10 by both rating and popularity: FMA:B (Ranked #1, Popularity #4) and Steins;Gate (Ranked #3, Popularity #7).
Mar 28, 2019 2:01 AM

Dec 2016
Any of the popular Ghibli movies with the exception of Howl and Ponyo.
Mar 28, 2019 2:12 AM

Jul 2016
Terkhev said:
I'd say HxH and Koe no Katachi. I don't think I've ever seen people hating those titles. I haven't observed their forums that much tho, so my observation is based only on stuff I see on general forums and outside of MAL.

You must be living under a rock then.
Mar 28, 2019 2:12 AM

Jul 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood certainly
Mar 28, 2019 2:23 AM

Aug 2016
I'd say FMA Brotherhood. The vast majority liked it and the most harsh criticism I've heard is that it's boring.

お持ち帰り (/^-^(^ ^*)/ ❤
Mar 28, 2019 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
Fullmetal Alchemist is an easy answer ...
It is hard to hate it.. It is a consistent story, really good, but not controversial ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 28, 2019 2:40 AM

Apr 2014
You rarely see people hate on the original Steins;Gate.
Mar 28, 2019 2:53 AM

Jul 2015
Gakutsuou - I've not seen negative reviews or opinions about this one.
Konosuba - surprisingly low amount of people who dislike this one in spite of being an isekai & slapstick comedy
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - self explanatory
Higurashi when they cry - people who dislike it drop it immediately, but people who stick around become big fans.

Mar 28, 2019 2:55 AM

Dec 2018
Most will say FMA:B but i would say Code Geass.I never saw someone who 'hated' it.But i know some people that dislike FMA:B
If you rated Jujutsu Kaisen a 10/10, then your opinion is not valid.

AOT>FMAB
Mar 28, 2019 3:11 AM

Jul 2016
peodsgns said:
Most will say FMA:B but i would say Code Geass.I never saw someone who 'hated' it.But i know some people that dislike FMA:B

Really? Just go to R2's reviews and check Polyphemus' review. I also happen to hate the show.
Mar 28, 2019 3:14 AM

Aug 2018
Terkhev said:
The answer is in your avatar

Girls Und Panzer is a masterpiece, it’s so enjoyable that nobody that has finished GuP hates the show. If they do, I’m fighting them
Mar 28, 2019 3:26 AM

Aug 2018
Optigisa said:
peodsgns said:

Really? Just go to R2's reviews and check Polyphemus' review. I also happen to hate the show.

What are you saying ... I think R2 is very crowded. Although the actual storyline is not clear, I like the main role of sacrificing himself. I cried seeing that scene :'(
【𝕷𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖊. 𝖋𝖗𝖞, 𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖛𝖊, 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓】
Mar 28, 2019 4:48 AM

Mar 2019
I've never seen anyone outright hate Serial Experiments: Lain.

Even those that don't like it tend to more-so phrase their dislike like "not my cup of tea — I get what it's trying to do though and respect those who like it."

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 28, 2019 4:50 AM
Sep 2018
Optigisa said:
Terkhev said:

You must be living under a rock then.

in terms of a silent voice he's not wrong there
Mar 28, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2016

They are wrong about HxH though.

And A Silent Voice has it's fair share of haters, it has major flaws.
Mar 28, 2019 5:02 AM

May 2014
FMA brotherhood is probably one of the most loved anime i've seen. It's rare for someone to outright hate it.
Mar 28, 2019 5:08 AM

Sep 2013
I can't think of an apropriate answer but I do know that fmab is not the one, I know a good amount of people that dislike or hate this anime.
Mar 28, 2019 5:10 AM

Jul 2007
Only contrarians dislike Fullmetal Alchemist.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Mar 28, 2019 5:11 AM

Jan 2019
fma for sure. close one is 3gatsu no lion.
Mar 28, 2019 5:21 AM
Jan 2019
Some people don't hate fmab but they don't like it either due to the comedy scenes which looks out of the place
Ohh...its me?
Mar 28, 2019 5:40 AM

May 2018
Does Cowboy Bebop have any? white color text

Mar 28, 2019 5:41 AM

Jul 2016
Litnerd said:
Hunter x Hunter / 2011 - The only haters of this anime are not for the anime itself but for Togashi's bad habit of hiatus. Yes its author is known as king of hiatus. Just think about a manga that started its serialization, approximately 6 months before one piece did and still didn't even cross 400 chapters, that's Hunter X Hunter for you.

God Forbid someone dislike HxH, the Anime that crashed after the conclusion of Phantom Troupe and Chrollo Lucilfer
Mar 28, 2019 5:47 AM

Dec 2017
Gurren lagaan
Anohana
FMA:B
Mob psycho 100

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 28, 2019 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Cowboy Bebop is one of them. I love that a lot of people are positive on it because I love it so much too and that it has a lot of great things in it!
Mar 28, 2019 5:52 AM
Jun 2016
tehdrifter said:
mostly, i'm a drifter but I think Gintama has a lot less haters than it should have :]
Why should anything any show really have haters anyway?
Mar 28, 2019 6:05 AM
Nov 2018
Optigisa said:

They are wrong about HxH though.

And A Silent Voice has it's fair share of haters, it has major flaws.

The OP is asking what anime has "fewer haters" not if you hate it.
You might hate a certain anime and say it has major flaws but the point is, if it's less hated than other anime.
Mar 28, 2019 6:10 AM

Oct 2009
Nemo_Niemand said:
Does Cowboy Bebop have any? white color text

Some people criticized it but there's almost no debate because almost everyone that praised it do so not for it's plot or animation, but due to it's historical value to the western market. So it's not really a disagreement there, no argument against the fact that it was one of the 'pioneer' anime along with Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, etc. of the VHS-Laserdisc lost era. It would be as ignorant as how Steamboat Willy has bad animation and very simple plot compared to modern disney movies.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 28, 2019 6:20 AM

Oct 2018
I mean, every show is bound to have a large group of fans, and a large group of people who genuinely dislike the show. It's just a part of entertainment tbh.

I think way to many people take the reviews and ratings way too seriously. I mean, hell, there are shows I have in my favorites that are constantly hated on, or someone will randomly comment saying i have shit taste. Is what it is.

i'm a worm
Mar 28, 2019 6:30 AM

Dec 2016
Viltas said:
Arkab said:
Any of the popular Ghibli movies with the exception of Howl and Ponyo.

Dont forget Gedo Senki, probably the most criticized of them all.

But was that really popular? I don't think its exactly part of the mainstream Ghibli titles, like Spirited, Mononoke, Nausicaa, Totoro, Howl, Grave and Ponyo, and perhaps The Wind Rises...

Litnerd said:
Hunter x Hunter / 2011 - The only haters of this anime are not for the anime itself but for Togashi's bad habit of hiatus.

The "only"? HxH has plenty of detractors for reasons quite different from that one.

Mar 28, 2019 6:31 AM

Nov 2014
I second Cowboy Bebop and FMA:B. Only people who really hate on Brotherhood are fans of the 2003 version.

For the record, I'm a S;G hater and have run into a few people here and there who feel the same way. That said, it doesn't typically get that much hate, so I guess I see why so many people are citing it here.
Mar 28, 2019 6:42 AM

Jan 2017
I'd say FMA:B, Koe no Katachi, and Hunter
Mar 28, 2019 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Alice_Synthesis said:
Fullmetal Alchemist. JoJo. Hunter x Hunter.

The depressed kids haven't seen these animes yet.

You must be joking... the haterbase for JoJo is massive (though they are thankfully and rightfully outnumbered by the fans).

I don't really know what that second sentence means, though.
あなたは誰?
Mar 28, 2019 7:04 AM

Aug 2017
Not so popular anime
HxH,FMAB,Steins;Gate
Ghibli Film
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2019 7:33 AM

May 2018
Dave_Adrian said:

Fullmetal Alchemist is definitely it. I've never seen someone shit on that show in a colossal way. Only thing I see is some people calling it a bit overrated, but they still liked it.

Optigisa said:

ryuunbj said:
I'd say FMA Brotherhood. The vast majority liked it and the most harsh criticism I've heard is that it's boring.

fancyjasper said:
FMA brotherhood is probably one of the most loved anime i've seen. It's rare for someone to outright hate it.

How about the 2003 version fans who constantly remind us how superior supposedly it is?
Mar 28, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2010
alshu said:
Dave_Adrian said:

Optigisa said:

ryuunbj said:

fancyjasper said:

How about the 2003 version fans who constantly remind us how superior supposedly it is?

just one guy with a bunch of accounts I'm pretty sure :>
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 28, 2019 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Probably Ghost in the Shell series. I almost never heard criticism.
Mar 28, 2019 7:39 AM

Mar 2016
I think either Monster or Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu would be qualified here.
Mar 28, 2019 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
Not surprising, I'd say FMA:Brotherhood too.

Cygames said:
Terkhev said:

Girls Und Panzer is a masterpiece, it’s so enjoyable that nobody that has finished GuP hates the show. If they do, I’m fighting them

Round 1, Fight!
I watched it, didn't like it, 4/10.
Mar 28, 2019 7:42 AM

May 2018
Pullman said:

just one guy with a bunch of accounts I'm pretty sure :>

...on many sites...bribing some youtubers to do positive 2003 comparisons...

I personally know at least two guys like that.

I guess it's some sort of nostalgia like FMA 2003 was one of their gateway titles or something.
alshuMar 28, 2019 8:38 AM
Mar 28, 2019 7:45 AM

Feb 2010
CondemneDio said:

Cygames said:

Round 1, Fight!

not liking isn't hating tho. Do you have it in you to actually hate that show with all it's cute tanks and badass girls?
Mar 28, 2019 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
Pullman said:
CondemneDio said:

Round 1, Fight!

not liking isn't hating tho. Do you have it in you to actually hate that show with all it's cute tanks and badass girls?

Yes, yes I do.
The show is shit, but not the worst shit ever.
Mar 28, 2019 7:49 AM

Feb 2010
CondemneDio said:
Pullman said:

Yes, yes I do.

You're just saying that now to prove me wrong but 4/10 is not the haters score of choice in my experience :>
Mar 28, 2019 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
Pullman said:
CondemneDio said:

Yes, yes I do.

You're just saying that now to prove me wrong but 4/10 is not the haters score of choice in my experience :>

Uh-huh.
I can hate a show and still acknowledge there's good points in it, right?
The character designs are competent enough for me to not give it a lower score. If anything, the show is mostly mediocre, but the idiotic world-building and the retarded tank battles tarnish it.
Mar 28, 2019 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Haven't watched Mushishi but I haven't seen a single person in this site say it's any less than good. It seems that one is loved by all. Well except for @Optigisa
removed-userMar 28, 2019 9:54 AM
Mar 28, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2015
Haikyuu? Never seen anyone say a bad word about it myself.
Mar 28, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
I think Pokemon, at least I haven't seen many yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

21 by AE-2 »»
59 seconds ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

14 by luckyrune »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

22 by Piromysl »»
1 hour ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - Yesterday

47 by Piromysl »»
1 hour ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

44 by Azuchi »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.