Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 22, 2019 4:41 AM

Feb 2014
Which chapter do I start in the manga with the story till now?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 22, 2019 5:24 AM
Jan 2019
I think Itsuki and Futarou are a perfect match. Stubborn and shy, they seem to have a lot of fights but that's how it always is when you are in a relationship right? Also, she is the one that visited his house and the first one that genuinely likes him (Even though it seems like Miku is the perfect match). At least that's what I see.
Mar 22, 2019 5:39 AM

Feb 2018
Man what a great episode the art and animation has really improved compared to previous episodes

Can't wait for final episode, I'm so eager to see that scene aaah. Hope this gets a second season
Mar 22, 2019 5:44 AM

Feb 2018
Marcos_Aspira said:
Judging by the preview, it seems we'll have a timeskip directly to the wedding

Or not.

Nah they just teasing
Mar 22, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2007
dasprn said:

The anime will cover up to chapter 33 going by the preview. So, start reading from there once the season ends. However, by doing so, you'll miss out on several key moments of the manga that did not get animated which might come to bug you later down the line.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
shanimebib said:
Kokorowagurasu said:

Do you believe it’s ok for me to start from where the anime stops?

It's a weekly manga, so that means only 18-21 pages per chapter. The fantastic expressions, stellar artworks, the parts that got removed (and important ones at it) are the reasons you should just read it from the first chapter.

SoraSenpai said:
Honestly at this point its a two girl race. Miku > ichika but not by much. I actually like them a lot. Yotsuba is kind of annoying and people say Nino gets better but how she is now and how she has treated Fuutaro will always rub me the wrong way so that bitch is off my list. And Itsuki is "Quintessential" main girl so I instantly dislike her.

Hoping for season 2

You cannot hope for a season 2 and have that kind of attitude towards Nino. You have been warned because I shared more or less the similar mentality like you in the past. lol.
NakedSnake113 said:
SoraSenpai said:
Honestly at this point its a two girl race. Miku > ichika but not by much. I actually like them a lot. Yotsuba is kind of annoying and people say Nino gets better but how she is now and how she has treated Fuutaro will always rub me the wrong way so that bitch is off my list. And Itsuki is "Quintessential" main girl so I instantly dislike her.

Hoping for season 2

Well, you can't enjoy ss2 if it happened. Because half of them...
25NOVember said:
SoraSenpai said:

Hoping for season 2

Well if you are into overly aggressive, a bit arrogant, but direct girl who sometimes is insensitive towards other but is still cute then juat wait and watch. You will love her(in the later parts of manga)

Regardless of my feelings towards Nino if the remaining chapters are character development which Nino and to be fair Itsuki's have been obsolete then I am all about it. I'll probably read the manga after this anyway
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 22, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2017
Buh they been holding up on the inbetweens until this episode lol
Mar 22, 2019 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
I bet this would takes another season, perhaps next summer.

Manga is selling like crazy now.
Mar 22, 2019 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good episode apart from one thing: the fact that Futaro won't just tell Nino that he is Kintaro. I mean, would it really be that hard for him to tell her that? Would it really be such a problem?
Mar 22, 2019 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
shimada_m said:
I bet this would takes another season, perhaps next summer.

Manga is selling like crazy now.

It's crazy I know! Volume 8 ranked this week again in Oricon top chart. And we are getting Vol. 9 next week! It will be such a shame if this didn't get a sequel because the manga just got progressively better so much!

I won't shy away from admitting that I feel a bit irresponsible for expecting yet another garbage harem when I started reading this but now I cannot wait for the next week to come after reading each chapter!
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
shanimebib said:
dasprn said:

The anime will cover up to chapter 33 going by the preview. So, start reading from there once the season ends. However, by doing so, you'll miss out on several key moments of the manga that did not get animated which might come to bug you later down the line.

So then where should I really start?

Mar 22, 2019 11:00 AM

Nov 2007
dasprn said:
shanimebib said:

Chapter 1. You won't be disappointed I tell you that.
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 11:02 AM

Apr 2018
Thx shaft for giving me one good looking episode (can be better tho) . Hope that shaft will take over the franchise for the second season and that it will remake the many deformed scenes from s1 for the bluray release
Mar 22, 2019 11:16 AM
Jan 2016
Miku's character is really grow in this eps...Ichika is the best last eps but this eps Miku learn so much and changing her mind. What Futaro tells to Miku is absolutely right. We'll never become an equal but let's just be fair...that's a good quote.
Mar 22, 2019 11:21 AM

Mar 2019
shanimebib said:
uninstallthegame said:
is it just me or this episode had some unusually good animation? especially the scene with Ichika and Fuutarou in the shed
this was a pretty good episode. tbh, these last two episodes felt really nice. much more progression and less stalemate

Kana Hanazawa characters never win. people never learn smh

We have Senryuu Shoujo next season and no one's gonna be able to compete with Nanako.

What? A Senryuu Shoujo anime? Fuck yeah my life is complete.
Nanako is top tier best girl
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Mar 22, 2019 11:37 AM
Feb 2019
WolfDFireLeo said:
What a good chapter. I can not believe that one of my favorite animes of the season is over the other week. As seen in the preview, in the next chapter they will take a temporary leap (day 2000), approximately 5 years in the future, where the scene from the first chapter is shown: Uesugi's wedding and one of the quintuplets. It's a shame, I thought I would have at least 2 seasons. It's a very good series, it's a good combination between comedy and romance, the best I've seen, there's no chapter in which I do not laugh and I get excited about the story and the characters. Well, it's all a matter of waiting for the next and last chapter. I pray that they extend the anime to a second season 😁, I think it is a possibility, since the manga continues to be published.
Psdt: My personal top of the quintuplets: 1 ° Miku, 2 ° Ichika, 3 ° Yotsuba, 4 ° Ichika and 5 ° Nino. I pray that the girl at the wedding is Miku or Ichika, especially Miku ❤.

How will you get out of this Uesugi? 😂

Man how come you get Ichika in 2nd and 4th position in your priority? xD
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 22, 2019 11:39 AM

Nov 2007
SceptileBlade said:
shanimebib said:

We have Senryuu Shoujo next season and no one's gonna be able to compete with Nanako.

I won't mind her taking over the world tbh. Btw, Haruba Negi, the author of Gotoubun, is a Nanako fan himself. Gotoubun fans should really check out the manga/anime if they are into sweet stuff. :)
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 12:19 PM
Feb 2016
PolarCyrus97 said:
uninstallthegame said:
is it just me or this episode had some unusually good animation? especially the scene with Ichika and Fuutarou in the shed
this was a pretty good episode. tbh, these last two episodes felt really nice. much more progression and less stalemate

Kana Hanazawa characters never win. people never learn smh
Studio Shaft was in charge of this week's episode.

Wait, why did Shaft do this weeks episode? Not that I'm complaining though, since it looked really good and consistent as well
Mar 22, 2019 12:20 PM
Feb 2016
shanimebib said:
Btw, the art and animation were stellar in this episode! How I wish the whole season was this good! Imagine the score it would get in MAL if that were the case! They are definitely gonna improve the art and animation of the previous episodes in the BD/DVD releases!

^Still is and shall remain the best girl for me!

Also, this episode also touched on why fans consider Fuutarou as such a fantastic MC.

The quints' games have already started! It will be such a shame if this doesn't get a sequel. One of the best harem romcoms in years. Actually, I don't remember anything in that genre I have adored this much since the end of TWGOK. ❤

someone in the comments above mentioned that Studio Shaft worked on this episode. Is that true or do you not know, because this episode looked the best imo and I'm hoping that season 2 if we get one looks like this as well
Mar 22, 2019 12:55 PM
Jan 2019
The episode was great, especially those artwork frames... beautiful.

BUT... AND THIS IS A BIG BUT.
THE NEXT EPISODE PV... AAAAHHHHH. IT MADE ME SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT OF ANGER.
Mar 22, 2019 2:02 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome!!! I loved it.
Mar 22, 2019 3:17 PM

Nov 2018
Ichika is the best girl. I read the manga but that doesn't mean I will change my mind!
Mar 22, 2019 4:04 PM

May 2013
TsubakaSan said:
Yotsuba is the best girl probably. She's always being energetic, cheerful and always try to making things fun. Right now still it show nothing of how she actually feel. But I remember the last time that she tell to Fuutarou that she likes him and later tell that it just a lie. Maybe she actually have a feeling for Fuutarou who knows ? Maybe she just don't want to hurt her sibling so she had to hold on certain things.

I really don't know but i do feel like Yotsuba is kinda hiding something sometimes, i mean if her "character" is from the "anime cliched utterly happy girls", then at some point in her Ark ops, arc something may rise, as good or bad it can be.
I really wanna like her, but she's kinda overwhelming and unbalanced, the "is too good to be true" alarm sets off everytime, i hope i'm wrong tho.

DDB_Kuroi said:
The episode was great, especially those artwork frames... beautiful.

BUT... AND THIS IS A BIG BUT.
THE NEXT EPISODE PV... AAAAHHHHH. IT MADE ME SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT OF ANGER.

I completely agree, this was my favorite episode so far, so much for Nino trying to grab her crush and maybe kill him after she realise what's going on.

Damnit Miku, she seems slow af but when she does her moves, they are very effective!

The only down side from this episode was Itsuki, she just seems out of place when they are together.
Mar 22, 2019 5:10 PM
Feb 2016
Akerakai said:
Thx shaft for giving me one good looking episode (can be better tho) . Hope that shaft will take over the franchise for the second season and that it will remake the many deformed scenes from s1 for the bluray release

Wait, did Shaft work on this episode too? How does that work and why did they only decide now to work on it? I mean I'd love for them to also handle season 2, given how great this episode looked and all or if they were the main studio focusing on the art direction in a studio collab for next season but why did they only do this episode?
Mar 22, 2019 7:12 PM

Feb 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The night of the fun continues~

Ichika really made an impression this episode with Fuutarou if you ask me especially when she's alone with him.

Turns out, we also got the snow skiing chapters adapted :D

Ichika is just the best girl!! #TeamIchika

Mar 22, 2019 8:15 PM
Nov 2018
SceptileBlade said:
shanimebib said:

When you realise this is basic Ore no Imouto again because VA Ichika and VA Nino are Kana Hanazawa (Kuroneko) and Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino). And you will see it soon...
Mar 22, 2019 8:46 PM

Nov 2007
Supersky said:
shanimebib said:
Btw, the art and animation were stellar in this episode! How I wish the whole season was this good! Imagine the score it would get in MAL if that were the case! They are definitely gonna improve the art and animation of the previous episodes in the BD/DVD releases!

^Still is and shall remain the best girl for me!

Also, this episode also touched on why fans consider Fuutarou as such a fantastic MC.

The quints' games have already started! It will be such a shame if this doesn't get a sequel. One of the best harem romcoms in years. Actually, I don't remember anything in that genre I have adored this much since the end of TWGOK. ❤

someone in the comments above mentioned that Studio Shaft worked on this episode. Is that true or do you not know, because this episode looked the best imo and I'm hoping that season 2 if we get one looks like this as well

Digital Shaft is a subsidiery of Shaft. So, yeah. According to the credit roll, they worked on this episode. But that doesn't guarantee that Shaft will do even the next episode, let alone season 2 which is not even announced. There are other anime where subsidieries like MADBOX, IGmation, BNP etc. have worked but that didn't mean they were the main studioes (Madouse, Production IG, Sunrise etc.). They are basically hired for multiple reasons (addrressing shortage of staff, improving production quality, meeting deadlines, etc.). For more information, watch SHIROBAKO if you haven't already. Every anime fan should watch SHIROBAKO to appreciate the hardwork behind the medium that we love.
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 8:56 PM
Aug 2017
QUEEN!!!! Futaru said the wisest line in this anime “ Lets be fair, not equal”. That was the trigger for Miku! But goddamn Ichika is pretty cute this ep.
Mar 22, 2019 9:20 PM

Feb 2014
shanimebib said:
dasprn said:

Chapter 1. You won't be disappointed I tell you that.

Ok then lets start from the beginning.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDojLdsUSlQ

Mar 22, 2019 9:21 PM
Jan 2016
Animation this episode was just to beautiful!

The moment between Ichika and Fuutarou had a lot of cute moments with great shots of how beautiful Ichika is, and also made me laught when he saved her!

Nino is still searching for Kintarou, i thought Fuutarou would reveal the truth to Nino this episode, but Miku saved him, i am curious to see Nino's reaction!

The moment between Fuutarou and Miku in iglo was beautifull, and Miku's expressions are always cute, before ending, i loved teh quality in that last pick, and Miku was truly cute!
Mar 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Feb 2013
Miku better fucking win
Mar 22, 2019 9:56 PM
Nov 2018
Limaolc said:
Animation this episode was just to beautiful!

The moment between Ichika and Fuutarou had a lot of cute moments with great shots of how beautiful Ichika is, and also made me laught when he saved her!

Nino is still searching for Kintarou, i thought Fuutarou would reveal the truth to Nino this episode, but Miku saved him, i am curious to see Nino's reaction!

The moment between Fuutarou and Miku in iglo was beautifull, and Miku's expressions are always cute, before ending, i loved teh quality in that last pick, and Miku was truly cute!

If you want to see Nino reaction when know Kintarou is Fuutarou, maybe you should read manga or waiting for season 2. And don't worry, it's not like you expect because Nino is quite smart to realise something wrong there.
Mar 22, 2019 10:45 PM

Feb 2017
budget prioritization is on point, no wonder we got below average production in the middle.

manga reader toward anime only:

*They don't know*

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 23, 2019 2:01 AM

Jul 2016
im having a dilemma between picking team miku or ichika, both of them are just adorable
Mar 23, 2019 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
@NakedSnake113, why not hold your horses and let people find out themselves?
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2019 2:48 AM

Nov 2013
This is currently the best episode so far imo. I'm liking Ichika more & more. The animation also seems to be the best so far? I guess they really want to make a good effort before they end this season.

Crashmatt said:
Anyone know how the BD pre orders are doing? I believe the Manga is selling fantastic atm
It's on top 50 amazon rank for 2 weeks before release day iirc.

On the day the discs released, it seemed to be out of stock based on japanese comments here. yaraon-blog.com/archives/146848

It's either producer don't have much confidence to print many discs OR the sales was just that good. We'll know the number on next Tuesday.
JJHRTDMar 23, 2019 4:24 PM
Mar 23, 2019 6:28 AM

Dec 2014
hmm sad that only one episode remains
Mar 23, 2019 8:11 AM

Mar 2017
This episode looked quite pretty visually.

Playing game of tags in the snow.
Itsuki pretending to be Ichika. You can tell from the voice and costumes. She's trying to test Fuutarou.

Fuutarou looks like he has a cold.
Mar 23, 2019 9:22 AM
Mar 2015
Several girls made head way with Uesagi
Mar 23, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2009
Wow, that was best animated episode so far. Most surprising was frequent hair movement animation.
Mar 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Jun 2015
itsuki's testing my spot of miku being #1, she's the most mature since she's oldest and it's very likable to see that. this episode was beautiful in terms of visuals though, so shiny and polished.
Mar 23, 2019 6:50 PM

Nov 2017
after the 3rd day... the skipped till day 2000th
Now Loading.....
Mar 23, 2019 6:52 PM

Oct 2017
shanimebib said:
Supersky said:

Digital Shaft is a subsidiery of Shaft. So, yeah. According to the credit roll, they worked on this episode. But that doesn't guarantee that Shaft will do even the next episode, let alone season 2 which is not even announced. There are other anime where subsidieries like MADBOX, IGmation, BNP etc. have worked but that didn't mean they were the main studioes (Madouse, Production IG, Sunrise etc.). They are basically hired for multiple reasons (addrressing shortage of staff, improving production quality, meeting deadlines, etc.). For more information, watch SHIROBAKO if you haven't already. Every anime fan should watch SHIROBAKO to appreciate the hardwork behind the medium that we love.
Thanks for providing this information. As a big fan of SHAFT this episode is a breath of fresh air.
Apparently a lot of people still surprised by the quality of the animation. Read this.
Mar 23, 2019 11:51 PM

Jan 2013
Ichika has grown up so much since the first episode! I guess her detectors failed miserably hahaha

Miku is still the best girl for me! Rooting for her xD The iglu scene was so cute, Miku os way too cute :3

Some scenes in this episode were so fantastic! Loved the static artworks! They looked amazing!

One of the best episodes! I wonder how things will go in the last episode but i doubt it will be a good ending.

Hope there will be a 2S!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 24, 2019 4:33 AM

Feb 2018
Ski chapter very good.
Mar 24, 2019 5:05 AM

Nov 2007
saengdao said:
itsuki's testing my spot of miku being #1, she's the most mature since she's oldest and it's very likable to see that. this episode was beautiful in terms of visuals though, so shiny and polished.

You have a point that she is the oldest but I really don't get it. I know it's being the case since she considers herself as the Onee-san character herself and feels the need to act as one, trying to fill in the role of the oldest sister amongst the quints but she probably entered the world within a couple of hours ahead of the youngest (i.e. Itsuki) so, I really don't get it.

I have 6 twins (including a boy/girl pair) and 1 triplet within my relatives and friends but I have never seen them taking the roles of the oldest or the youngest. Not in front of any of us at least. So, when I see them taking roles in anime, I feel that it must be a thing about Japanese culture. They seem to follow the sequence very strictly.
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2018
The quality this episode was fantastic, compared to anything else that's been released so far. Glad shaft made this episode, because the skiing part was pretty cool in the manga. The art style reminded me so much of sangatsu no lion, now I want a sequel to that as well as this!

I'm kind of hoping shaft decides to make a season 2, but I'd be find with any studio/director as long as it exists.
Mar 24, 2019 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
saengdao said:

You have a point that she is the oldest but I really don't get it. I know it's being the case since she considers herself as the Onee-san character herself and feels the need to act as one, trying to fill in the role of the oldest sister amongst the quints but she probably entered the world within a couple of hours ahead of the youngest (i.e. Itsuki) so, I really don't get it.

I have 6 twins (including a boy/girl pair) and 1 triplet within my relatives and friends but I have never seen them taking the roles of the oldest or the youngest. Not in front of any of us at least. So, when I see them taking roles in anime, I feel that it must be a thing about Japanese culture. They seem to follow the sequence very strictly.

i definitely didn't think of that until you pointed it out since it's so natural to me. i think it probably is she's following cultural standards, cause the thing about asian culture in general is the parents are always gonna put a high pressure point on the oldest, then pressure the younger ones to follow the oldest. so itsuki is most likely just trying to be a good example and role model for the other four.
it's a weird case like this one since they're all literally born minutes or hours before/after another, but i suppose it still stuck and applied with them when they were raised and brought up by their dad.
Mar 24, 2019 10:51 AM

Nov 2007
saengdao said:
shanimebib said:

i definitely didn't think of that until you pointed it out since it's so natural to me. i think it probably is she's following cultural standards, cause the thing about asian culture in general is the parents are always gonna put a high pressure point on the oldest, then pressure the younger ones to follow the oldest. so itsuki is most likely just trying to be a good example and role model for the other four.
it's a weird case like this one since they're all literally born minutes or hours before/after another, but i suppose it still stuck and applied with them when they were raised and brought up by their dad.

Did you intend to say Itsuki? I thought we were talking about Ichika (the oldest by probably few minutes). Itsuki (the youngest, again probably by a few minutes) do want to act as if she has to take the responsibility of all the sisters despite of being the youngest, but is basically a super crybaby, always finding a way to jump to her sisters' arms and cry the hell out of her eyes, lol.
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2019 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
saengdao said:

Did you intend to say Itsuki? I thought we were talking about Ichika (the oldest by probably few minutes). Itsuki (the youngest, again probably by a few minutes) do want to act as if she has to take the responsibility of all the sisters despite of being the youngest, but is basically a super crybaby, always finding a way to jump to her sisters' arms and cry the hell out of her eyes, lol.

i did mean to say ichika. i always mix up itsuki and ichika since their names are the most similar, although ichika should be the most memorable since she has "one" in her name.
for all five it seems like:
ichika = wants to be the role model sister
nino = acts like a mom to all of them
miku = thinks her sisters are better and looks up to them
yotsuba = carefree and doesn't really mind
itsuki = wants to be a good example but ends up a crybaby
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.