Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2019 5:14 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh My God! They Killed Kenny Kidnapped Natsuo and Misaki!
Yakuza manga スタート ! (Yakuza manga start!)
Mar 19, 2019 5:11 PM
Jun 2015
Sasuga really like to torment her characters, especially when they try to do the right thing. Havent read her other work but she seems to have the time of her life with the tormenting, i honestly dont believe that either of them are in trouble though, Masaki's mafia dudes will intervene and stop whatever is going to happen, i bet my money on it. One week to go to find out.
Mar 19, 2019 5:12 PM
May 2017
Misaki mentioned similarity between Hina and Nat just made my day
Mar 19, 2019 5:17 PM
Feb 2019
Damn it, at least all this is about to end, marie is going to save the day( i hope), and i think the next chapter ends misaki´s arc. It already took so long.

Also I liked the fact that misaki find Hina and Natsuo alike xD.

#TeamHina
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 19, 2019 6:26 PM
Apr 2018
It was good, but I'm actually worried about the situation between Rui and Natsuo and how this is gonna end... Reading other reviews and through the whole story I really think Hina is the right girl for Natsuo, but God... More than 100 chapters of Rui and Natsuo and all of this shit for nothing? Makes me feel very sad.
Mar 19, 2019 6:41 PM
Jan 2019
seeing how strict Japan law with drug possession and usage, I simply don't believe Natsuo able to convince Misaki to turn herself in without her worrying about the law (did the story even say anything about law enforcement btw? )
Mar 19, 2019 7:43 PM

Aug 2018
What. The. Hell. Is. Happening.
Mar 19, 2019 8:03 PM
Feb 2019
teuzints said:
It was good, but I'm actually worried about the situation between Rui and Natsuo and how this is gonna end... Reading other reviews and through the whole story I really think Hina is the right girl for Natsuo, but God... More than 100 chapters of Rui and Natsuo and all of this shit for nothing? Makes me feel very sad.

but at least you can see it objectively right? Hina is always supporting him no matter what, even when she dump him, it was all for his sake, thats why Hina is better for him than Rui.

And yeah, there were a lot of Rui and Natsuo moments, but now she met the chef guy who is better aligned to her dreams than Natsuo.

So i think i know where this is going. And i like it :P
Mar 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Jun 2015
Well shit is escalating quickly.
:)
Mar 19, 2019 11:48 PM

Nov 2012
I've been thinking a little bit about the events in the last chapters and rethought the current arc. Very good option as further development of story, and to finish it. There are several options for how the story will develop, but now not about this. In terms of what happened, Rui made a damn stupid move. After the breakup with Rui, Natsuo really weakened protection and could get hooked on drugs and get carried away with alcohol and so on. We all saw how depressed he was. I was surprised first that neither Hina nor Serizawa tried to support Natsuo, because Natsuo was in great need of support. And if Hina had tried to support him, I'm sure Natsuo would have accepted that help and the possibility of ending Hina would have been more likely. But it makes sense if author wanted to leave this uncertainty in the plot for now, because the meaning of the arc now is not who Natsuo will end up with, but how damn easy it is to destroy your life (and how easy it is to destroy the life of another person too).
As for the current chapter, I think Marie will accidentally save Natsuo. Not on purpose, it just happens.
I hope Rui also finds out what's going on and understands what a damn move she's made.
PS Sasuga-Sensei become a damn good author. This manga a big step forward from a Good Ending.
Akagi-kunMar 20, 2019 6:01 AM
Mar 20, 2019 2:59 AM

Feb 2019
Natsuo needs to stop with the 'damsel in distress' shtick. There's a fine line between helping and enabling.
Mar 20, 2019 5:45 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm interesting twist for while again.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 20, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2018
Next chapter Master along with he's people from yakuza save's Natsuo and then Natsuo gives him a kiss(or something more :D) as an award....
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 20, 2019 7:22 AM
Apr 2018
CaesarZeppelli said:
teuzints said:

but at least you can see it objectively right? Hina is always supporting him no matter what, even when she dump him, it was all for his sake, thats why Hina is better for him than Rui.

And yeah, there were a lot of Rui and Natsuo moments, but now she met the chef guy who is better aligned to her dreams than Natsuo.

Yeah... I think you’re right. But damn man, I’d love to see Rui and Natsuo together in the end. In the other hand, I know Hina is the best for him
Mar 20, 2019 7:39 AM

Nov 2012
teuzints said:
I know Hina is the best for him

I still think Rui's better. Even with all the stupid things she's done. Hina did stupid things too.
And I don't believe in a Rui x Chef_guy couple. At least until I see proof of it.

I started to think, maybe Sasuga-sensei decided to touch upon some significant problems of Japanese society?
Started with teenage problems, promiscuity from lack of attention, etc.
Indirectly raised the issue of minorities, prostitution, stalking and harrasment, cancer related to smoking, now she writes about drugs addiction.
Mar 20, 2019 7:40 AM
Jan 2018
teuzints said:

It’s not for nothing, Rui is basically the 1st real gf/relationship that almost every men go through
Mar 20, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
Well that got out of hand real fast
Mar 20, 2019 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
honestly wtf is this manga anymore. kidnapping. seriously?
Mar 20, 2019 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
teuzints said:

my point exactly. would rather have hina than rui at this point.
Mar 20, 2019 10:18 AM
Mar 2015
No good deed goes unpunished ,does it Natsuo
Mar 20, 2019 2:35 PM

Nov 2011
Dealing with this kind of situation myself (Not using drugs but getting someone to go to rehab) Sasuga-sensei did a really good job with what someone on drugs goes through. It's not like going on a Diet and have the willpower to not eat Drugs are addicting. Very Well written chapter.

As for the whole Rui, Natsuo and Hina thing. I think Natsuo and Hina being compared is a worse thing for people who want Hina and Natsuo together. They're relationship feels more like brother and sister then anything especially since they want to help Misaki.

Also when it comes to Rui her reasoning for leaving him was spot on. It was something what was not going to be fixed unless she permanently stayed in Japan and and possibly lived together. Natsuo and Rui had a lot of relationship issues that needed to be dealt with but could not be dealt with, while Rui was literally on the other side of The world. Natsuo needed this experience to re-spark his writing which will fill the void inside of him.

When it comes to Rui and Chef boy, the chef just seems so bland of a character, I think something will obviously happen between Rui and him but I think it will be a reminder to Rui that she only wants to be with Natsuo. Believing in Natuso, telling him she loves him, and keeping that Necklace take Rui far from the race of a final romance between the two.

Really hope Misaki arc ends next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 20, 2019 4:52 PM
Feb 2019
Pointygnome said:
CaesarZeppelli said:

What makes you think Rui does not support Natsuo no matter what? One of the reasons she broke up with him is because their relationship problems at the moment (jealousy) was causing issues in both their lives.

Her breaking up with him was in order for them to both work on themselves getting better at their professions and as people in general.

Not being around doesn't indicate that she doesn't support Natsuo, otherwise the same statement can be made about Hina not being around for most of the manga.

Two people practicing the same profession can make it easier to grow closer together but does not necessarily mean it will be a perfect fit.

Well, since Rui broke up with Natsuo knowing he was in a really bad time with his writting, i dont know how you call it, but that is not supportive in any way. If anything, it only sinked him even more.

So that's it. And yes, jelausy was killing the relationship, but what does she do about it? dump him instead of trying to figure things out.

I dont hate Rui, she has her reasons, but all im saying is that relationship was toxic, and had no future whatsoever.

Hina is a better fit for Natsuo overall.
Mar 21, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2012
Pointygnome said:
CaesarZeppelli said:

Well, since Rui broke up with Natsuo knowing he was in a really bad time with his writting, i dont know how you call it, but that is not supportive in any way. If anything, it only sinked him even more.

So that's it. And yes, jelausy was killing the relationship, but what does she do about it? dump him instead of trying to figure things out.

I dont hate Rui, she has her reasons, but all im saying is that relationship was toxic, and had no future whatsoever.

Hina is a better fit for Natsuo overall.

The first part of your message is basically what also happened when Hina left. So not sure why that would make Hina a better partner... Different context but still Natsuo was heartbroken by it.

Rui is able to make even the difficult choices or at least confronts her problems head-on.

Hina is a weak woman that needs somebody to tell her what she should do or otherwise she'll go into a mental breakdown and run away like she has done several times already.

Sure she's 'nice' and her body 'looks good' but I would prefer a woman that tells me what's going on rather than having to deal with needless drama.

I agree. Moreover, she chose to choose a policy of waiting, to hide her head in the sand. Her solution to everything is to run away.
I don't hate Hina. But Rui x Natsuo... they're just kind of perfect for each other, at least for now.
Mar 21, 2019 8:21 AM
May 2017
Pointygnome said:
Akagi-kun said:

I agree. Moreover, she chose to choose a policy of waiting, to hide her head in the sand. Her solution to everything is to run away.
I don't hate Hina. But Rui x Natsuo... they're just kind of perfect for each other, at least for now.

Rui and Natsuo both grew as a couple and individuals during their time together.

Up till now Natsuo didn't grow while being together with Hina. It's been the same deal since the start of the manga.

Hina has also dropped a decent profession she studied years for, which also is her dream job just to be with Natsuo. That only strengthens my belief she's weak, because she drops something tangible for somebody that may not even end up with her.

A strong, successful man is often backed by an even stronger/succesful woman.

He actually did grow in his relationship with Hina albeit not as much as he did with rui but thats more because they didn't date as long and were far more restricted. You can't expect someone to grow in a situation that was most likely going to fail from the start. However more importantly Natsuo little growth in this relationship with Hina is a major cornerstone of who he is now. It was in this relationship that he found the drive and what it takes to be a great author. He saw the harsh reality of what it takes to be an author in japan and that just half hazradly trying wasnt enough. He found all this out so that he could support the person he loved which at the time was hina. Evrything he learned from this carried over into his relationship with rui. That is growth.
And when it comes to hina, again i dont see how getting on your knees and begging that she be punished instead of natsuo is at all similar to rui situation. I'm not saying this means shes better than rui im just saying that they are different. But to say hina ran away is not fair to her, firstly she was forced to and secondly she did it for the person she absoultly was in love with and still is in love with. Hinas real problem isnt that she runs away but more that she refuses to get help from people and compartmalizes it to the point that everything explodes in her face. I have this same problem as well not to her extent because well this is a drama after all. Also hina drooped her profesional career yes in some part so she could move back and be with natsuo but another important fact is that she felt given that evrything that had happend with her and natsuo she had no right to be giving any advice or guidance to her students.
I do want hina to get back together with natsuo but if he ends of with rui ill be fine. But but since 216 ive always stated that it really is 50/50 between the two girls on who will end up with natsuo. Nothing after that has shown a more likelyhood to any girl so idk how someone can just flat out say Hina is endgame or rui is as well. At this point it's all opinons and i just prefer hina, not because of her looks ( even though yes she is very attractive), but more because i sympathize with everything shes been through up till now. Anyway that my two-cents
dabdan43Mar 21, 2019 8:27 AM
Mar 21, 2019 8:37 AM

Nov 2012
dabdan43 said:
Pointygnome said:

Rui and Natsuo both grew as a couple and individuals during their time together.

Up till now Natsuo didn't grow while being together with Hina. It's been the same deal since the start of the manga.

Hina has also dropped a decent profession she studied years for, which also is her dream job just to be with Natsuo. That only strengthens my belief she's weak, because she drops something tangible for somebody that may not even end up with her.

A strong, successful man is often backed by an even stronger/succesful woman.

He actually did grow in his relationship with Hina albeit not as much as he did with rui but thats more because they didn't date as long and were far more restricted. You can't expect someone to grow in a situation that was most likely going to fail from the start. However more importantly Natsuo little growth in this relationship with Hina is a major cornerstone of who he is now. It was in this relationship that he found the drive and what it takes to be a great author. He saw the harsh reality of what it takes to be an author in japan and that just half hazradly trying wasnt enough. He found all this out so that he could support the person he loved which at the time was hina. Evrything he learned from this carried over into his relationship with rui. That is growth.
And when it comes to hina, again i dont see how getting on your knees and begging that she be punished instead of natsuo is at all similar to rui situation. I'm not saying this means shes better than rui im just saying that they are different. But to say hina ran away is not fair to her, firstly she was forced to and secondly she did it for the person she absoultly was in love with and still is in love with. Hinas real problem isnt that she runs away but more that she refuses to get help from people and compartmalizes it to the point that everything explodes in her face. I have this same problem as well not to her extent because well this is a drama after all. Also hina drooped her profesional career yes in some part so she could move back and be with natsuo but another important fact is that she felt given that evrything that had happend with her and natsuo she had no right to be giving any advice or guidance to her students.
I do want hina to get back together with natsuo but if he ends of with rui ill be fine. But but since 216 ive always stated that it really is 50/50 between the two girls on who will end up with natsuo. Nothing after that has shown a more likelyhood to any girl so idk how someone can just flat out say Hina is endgame or rui is as well. At this point it's all opinons and i just prefer hina, not because of her looks ( even though yes she is very attractive), but more because i sympathize with everything shes been through up till now. Anyway that my two-cents

But those were all her decisions. It's not Natsuo's fault he fell in love with another girl... Hina already had her shot, but she blow it.
Again, I don't hate Hina. Personally, I just don't see the way, that she would be Natsuo's choice.
Mar 21, 2019 10:24 AM
May 2017
Akagi-kun said:
dabdan43 said:

But those were all her decisions. It's not Natsuo's fault he fell in love with another girl... Hina already had her shot, but she blow it.
Again, I don't hate Hina. Personally, I just don't see the way, that she would be Natsuo's choice.

Forgive me but i dont understand what your trying to argue by saying that " those were all her decisions". Also I never faulted Natuso for falling in love with someone else. Also saying hina already had her shot isnt correct seeing how when they were dating they had so many restrictions put on them and she didnt blow anything.

Also, as for natuso not choosing her, like i said i see it being 50/50 and ill explain my perspective when it comes to hina. I can see a situtaion were natsuo finally truly hears the reason why hina left. Yes we had the chapter were hina was drunk and revealed it but that plot point is too big to only be brought up when a charatcer is drunk. Also i can see marie telling natuso what hinas been doing this whole time. How she made it her life goal atm to make sure she could do everything she can to make sure natsuo had a happy life. How she has been surpressing her own happiness for natsuo. Remeber it was fumiya who told natsuo something very similar that helped natsuo realize rui had been helping him the whole time. Lastly natsuo is going to find out about the rings hina still has and that is going to be a major point as well. To me rings have a more important revelance than the necklace rui has. Again not saying that makes her more endgame than rui just saying that i think with regards to the rings and necklace the rings have more value,
dabdan43Mar 21, 2019 2:25 PM
Mar 21, 2019 4:59 PM

Dec 2017
yikes, what the fuck is going on. Boss was right saying you get involved in the person's problems once you feel sympathy towards them
Mar 21, 2019 6:57 PM
May 2017
Pointygnome said:
dabdan43 said:

Natsou wanting to become a novelist can be more so credited to the one's in the book club (and his favorite novelist) rather than Hina. Not to mention he had interest in this way before he got serious with Hina. Sure part of the reason he pursues it can be credited to her but it's not because of her supporting him but more so that he wants to become adult-like to be interesting for her.

bRui: On her way to becoming a (chef) cook.
Natsuo: On his way to become a novelist.
Hina: On her way to become ????

Hina didn't change that much at all, she's still indecisive and causes problems for the people around her. She quit her dream job to chase after Natsuo only to not chase him and going out with that eventual stalker/stabby guy which caused a shit ton of drama for Natsuo and the rest of the family. She's gone for more than a year and immediately after she returns she stirs shit up.

No it most definetly is because of hina. He always loved writing books and short stories but he never really considered entering any awards for them until yes his club members told him to. But It wasn't till he met HInas friend that she knocked some sense into him. She told him and i quote " Your dreams might as well be unattainable if your attitude is just, ( "it would be nice if i became a novelist")" CH.56. It was after this conversation he started to realize what it would take to be a witer. And yes this all started because hinas friend was asking him how he planned on supporting him and hina.

And I never once said hina changed i said natsuo grew in his relationship with her. Im actually hoping that hina will get some growth in the upcoming chapters. Hina situation with the stalker is not her fault she did everything she could. She told managment at hotel and reported it. She did the best that she could in that crazy situation and she only went into it to try and see if she could forget aboutn natsuo since she dosent want to interfere with rui. You obivously really dont like hina. i remember previous talks with you and we just have different opinions on her which i, with all do respect, disagree with.
dabdan43Mar 21, 2019 8:57 PM
Mar 21, 2019 7:48 PM
Feb 2019
dabdan43 said:
Pointygnome said:

Natsou wanting to become a novelist can be more so credited to the one's in the book club (and his favorite novelist) rather than Hina. Not to mention he had interest in this way before he got serious with Hina. Sure part of the reason he pursues it can be credited to her but it's not because of her supporting him but more so that he wants to become adult-like to be interesting for her.

bRui: On her way to becoming a (chef) cook.
Natsuo: On his way to become a novelist.
Hina: On her way to become ????

Hina didn't change that much at all, she's still indecisive and causes problems for the people around her. She quit her dream job to chase after Natsuo only to not chase him and going out with that eventual stalker/stabby guy which caused a shit ton of drama for Natsuo and the rest of the family. She's gone for more than a year and immediately after she returns she stirs shit up.

No it most definetly is because of hina. He always loved writing books and short stories but he never really considered entering any awards for them until yes his club members told him to. But It wasn't till he met HInas friend that she knocked some sense into him. She told him and i quote " Your dreams might as well be unattainable if your attitude is just, ( "it would be nice if i became a novelist")" CH.56. It was after this conversation he started to realize what it would take to be a witer. And yes this all started because hinas friend was asking him how he planned on supporting him and hina.

And never once said hina changed i said natsuo grew in his relationship with her. Im actually hoping that hina will get some growth in the upcoming chapters. Hina situation with the stalker is not her fault she did everything she could. She told managment at hotel and reported it. She did the best that she could in that crazy situation and she only went into it to try and see if she could forget aboutn natsuo since she dosent want to interfere with rui. You obivously really dont like hina. i remember previous talks with you and we just have different opinions on her which i, with all do respect, disagree with.

I agree with dabdan43, there are people that just dont like Hina and you cannot change their minds, but It's because of her hat Natsuo is who he is now, and Hina is on her way to become the.... perfect wife fo Natsuo since she already decided that she is gonna do everything to help Natsuo achieve his happiness.

Maybe her character development may seem poor (comparing to others), but there are still time before this story ends, so anything can happen.

Also, there are a lot of hints about Hina and Natsuo ending up together, so there's that too.

Peace out :P
Mar 22, 2019 12:22 AM

Nov 2012
@dabdan43
CaesarZeppelli said:

Also, there are a lot of hints about Hina and Natsuo ending up together, so there's that too.

Took away all that crazy quoting.
I can say the same about Rui. We turn again to Chapter 73, which refers to Natsuo's wife. The toy is 100% hand made by Momo. And Momo's Rui's friend... But it's all a long way from settled.

I think that when Rui returns, "Natsuo" (in quotes because we know that Sasuga is actually) will make the final decision between the two sisters. In the meantime, to be blunt, Hina is still a rather underdeveloped character (even if she is a very good-natured person and cheerful, she is still a child, she is not aware of her value as a person, she does not dream, she is indecisive, she lacks courage, and she often makes decisions as she "she lives in a fairy tale") in personal terms, she has moved very little away from what we see in the first chapters, or even in some areas she has even taken a step back. If you all think about it, it really is.
And yes, the truth is, out of 2 sisters, I do prefer the younger one. I like her personal growth from the first chapters. And I can't change that. )
In any case, the plot goes there, far it will turn Sasuga-Sensei. So the ending can be absolutely anyone. Even with Marie ) *laughs* And in any case we all will read it, since we're already on the hook.
Akagi-kunMar 22, 2019 1:13 AM
Mar 22, 2019 2:09 AM

Nov 2012
Pointygnome said:

To reiterate from my earlier messages in other threads: At the moment I find Rui more fitting for Natsuo because she has shown that she can make difficult choices even when they hurt and she supported Natsuo ever since the beginning, but I'm not stuck on Rui like #teamrui or #teamhina lime some people are to either of the characters. I just follow their character development and depending on what happens in the upcoming volumes of this manga my opinion may change on which girl I find more fitting even if it's a whole different girl entirely.

My thoughts exactly. By the way I just hate all these #teamrui or #teamhina wars.
Mar 22, 2019 2:09 AM

Jan 2019
Things became interesting.
I like the Yakuza twist in here. I am really looking forward to this arc.
Mar 22, 2019 9:11 AM
May 2017
Akagi-kun said:
@dabdan43
CaesarZeppelli said:

I can say the same about Rui. We turn again to Chapter 73, which refers to Natsuo's wife. The toy is 100% hand made by Momo. And Momo's Rui's friend... But it's all a long way from settled.

I think that when Rui returns, "Natsuo" (in quotes because we know that Sasuga is actually) will make the final decision between the two sisters. In the meantime, to be blunt, Hina is still a rather underdeveloped character (even if she is a very good-natured person and cheerful, she is still a child, she is not aware of her value as a person, she does not dream, she is indecisive, she lacks courage, and she often makes decisions as she "she lives in a fairy tale") in personal terms, she has moved very little away from what we see in the first chapters, or even in some areas she has even taken a step back. If you all think about it, it really is.
And yes, the truth is, out of 2 sisters, I do prefer the younger one. I like her personal growth from the first chapters. And I can't change that. )
In any case, the plot goes there, far it will turn Sasuga-Sensei. So the ending can be absolutely anyone. Even with Marie ) *laughs* And in any case we all will read it, since we're already on the hook.

Lol thanks for that it was getting crazy, how do you respond without the quotes im still new to this? As for what you said, as a hina fan, i do agree with what you said about her i am hoping for more development. The reason i like her is just i very much sympathize with her is all. Everything thing you said about sasuga sensei is true as well she should could literally put him with anyone if she felt like it lol. Which is why i dont understand how anybody can definitively say that hina or rui are endgame.
The only thing i thought could be a minor stretch was the toy thing. I feel that momo wouldnt just make it for rui as natsuo is her friend as well. Also i wouldn't say its 100% her that made it, I would say that if she became like a doll designer, but she became a doctor so idk lol. Well see
dabdan43Mar 22, 2019 11:32 AM
Mar 22, 2019 9:12 AM

Feb 2019
Don’t you think poor Natsuo has been tortured enough? Jesus.
Mar 22, 2019 9:52 AM
May 2017
Pointygnome said:
dabdan43 said:

And I never once said hina changed i said natsuo grew in his relationship with her. Im actually hoping that hina will get some growth in the upcoming chapters. Hina situation with the stalker is not her fault she did everything she could. She told managment at hotel and reported it. She did the best that she could in that crazy situation and she only went into it to try and see if she could forget aboutn natsuo since she dosent want to interfere with rui. You obivously really dont like hina. i remember previous talks with you and we just have different opinions on her which i, with all do respect, disagree with.

So in fact Hina's friend can be credited for this realization that he wants to pursue it. Not Hina herself right? Just because he wants to do it for HER doesn't mean she is the one that has made him realize to go through with it.

Not her fault?
1) She quit her job as teacher to be closer to Natsuo
2) She goes along with the arranged marriage whatever thingy even though she doesn't want to(she wanted to be with Natsuo)
3) She let's the shitshow run it's course for a while and let's the people from the hotel and Natsuo solve it for her.

This whole situation just goes to show she didn't grow at all as a character as she's still as passive as she was before. That indecisiveness annoys the heck out me, just make up your damn mind and go for it instead of waiting waiting waiting.... If she grows out of that passiveness and becomes more like Rui in that regard she becomes a better choice for him than she is at the moment.

@CaesarZeppelli: As far as I've seen it's the Hina fans twisting and turning every little thing to make Hina look better or credit her for something even when she didn't do anything to make that certain situation happen.

If it works like that you can credit Hina/Rui's mother and Natsuo's father for everything that happened to them thus far, since it's because of them everything progressed like this right?

To reiterate from my earlier messages in other threads: At the moment I find Rui more fitting for Natsuo because she has shown that she can make difficult choices even when they hurt and she supported Natsuo ever since the beginning, but I'm not stuck on Rui like #teamrui or #teamhina like some people are to either of the characters. I just follow their character development and depending on what happens in the upcoming volumes of this manga my opinion may change on which girl I find more fitting even if it's a whole different girl entirely.

My original point of the argument and the point im still trying to get across is that Natsuo did grow in his relationship with hina. While yes i agree that hina herself cant take the credit, it was because of her that he needed to realize the drive he needed. This growth is apart of him even now.
to
As for your points.
1. Hina didnt just quit for natsuo she quit because she no longer felt she had the right to be an influence to her students. Teachers are meant to be a source of guidance and wisdom to there students. And if she no longer felt that she had the right to be doing that she lost what it meant to be a teacher which is why i was fine with her quitting teaching.

As for your second and third points i dont think i can change your mind, all i can do is offer how i took it. She was being a good sister and did not want to interfere with her sisters relationship. So she decided to try going out with that trash to try and forget her feelings. Idk what it is you wanted her to do. If you wanted her to be straight up and just tell natsuo her feelings than your running into the kimi no ir machi situation ( Recommend Reading, it was another good drama) were the main girl gets hated for stealing the main guy away from a good relationship. I dont know if thats what you want her to do but would you have been ok with that instead? I know that wouldve pissed alot ppl off but maybe you would've preferred that since i get them feeling you want people to be direct. Like i said difference of opinions. Anyway continuing, like i said her problem isnt that she runs away shes a person that holds her feeling in until it explodes in her face. She always tries to solve things herself whether that good or bad varies from situation to situation, me i think it a mix bag, but that situation she was in is such an extreme that she finally asked for help which is something she needed to definitely do. Whether you want to blame her for what happened to natsuo is another thing. But the author never once had any of the characters blame her.
But anyway like i said i think you and me just have different ideals and beliefs which is why i prob sympathize with hina while you have a dislike toward her. Not saying your wrong or right just pointing that out lol. ]
I have fun debating this with you lol it feels like i have a rival
dabdan43Mar 22, 2019 11:34 AM
Mar 22, 2019 11:11 AM
Feb 2019
dabdan43 said:
Akagi-kun said:
@dabdan43

Lol thanks for that it was getting crazy, how do you respond without the quotes im still new to this? As for what you said, as a hina fan, i do agree with what you said about her i am hoping for more development. The reason i like is just i very much sympathize with her is all. Everything thing you said about sasuga sensei is true as well should could literally put him with anyone if she felt like it lol. Which is why i dont understand how anybody can definitively say that hina or rui are endgame.
The only thing i thought could be a minor stretch was the toy thing. I feel that momo wouldnt just make it for rui as natsuo is her friend as well. Also i wouldn't say its 100% her that made it, I would say that if she became like a doll designer, but she became a doctor so idk lol. Well see

I dont know how to post an answer to everyone in one single post, maybe i will learn someday :P

The thing is, it's really fun to join this forums, i like to read all your points of view in this topic, even if you disagree with my own.

All we can do is wait and see what happen, there are hints for both endings (HinaxNatsuo and RuixNatsuo), still i agree that Hina lack of character development but im hoping she will get her time soon, after all this mess with misaki ends.

Anyway, we can spen all day arguing about why our favorite girl is the best, but in the end Sasuga has the last word.

I hope we keep the nice debating till then, and let's see who is right in the end my friends xD
Mar 22, 2019 11:16 AM
May 2017
CaesarZeppelli said:
dabdan43 said:

Lol thanks for that it was getting crazy, how do you respond without the quotes im still new to this? As for what you said, as a hina fan, i do agree with what you said about her i am hoping for more development. The reason i like is just i very much sympathize with her is all. Everything thing you said about sasuga sensei is true as well should could literally put him with anyone if she felt like it lol. Which is why i dont understand how anybody can definitively say that hina or rui are endgame.

I dont know how to post an answer to everyone in one single post, maybe i will learn someday :P

The thing is, it's really fun to join this forums, i like to read all your points of view in this topic, even if you disagree with my own.

All we can do is wait and see what happen, there are hints for both endings (HinaxNatsuo and RuixNatsuo), still i agree that Hina lack of character development but im hoping she will get her time soon, after all this mess with misaki ends.

Anyway, we can spen all day arguing about why our favorite girl is the best, but in the end Sasuga has the last word.

I hope we keep the nice debating till then, and let's see who is right in the end my friends xD

Did you see the latest episode of the anime. Cuz Yikes us Hina fans just got a big middle finger lol. They rushed so much :/
Mar 22, 2019 11:27 AM
Feb 2019
dabdan43 said:

Did you see the latest episode of the anime. Cuz Yikes us Hina fans just got a big middle finger lol. They rushed so much :/

I haven't watched it, i will, later today, but i can guess how much they are gonna cut out from the manga lol

They should have done a 24 episodes season, because it's way too fast how this is going and there is a lot of important moments missing in the anime.

I hope they get a second season but it may be difficult, if they keep rushing the plot like this many peaople wont understand where the strong feelings of some characters are coming from.

But well at least we have the manga xD
Mar 22, 2019 11:30 AM
May 2017
CaesarZeppelli said:
dabdan43 said:

I haven't watched it, i will, later today, but i can guess how much they are gonna cut out from the manga lol

They should have done a 24 episodes season, because it's way too fast how this is going and there is a lot of important moments missing in the anime.

I hope they get a second season but it may be difficult, if they keep rushing the plot like this many peaople wont understand where the strong feelings of some characters are coming from.

Lol come back when you finish the episode im curious what you thought. I was so mad. And yeah im glad for the manga
Mar 22, 2019 11:57 AM
May 2017
Pointygnome said:
@dabdan43

Experiences in any kind of relationships makes you grow; Natsuo has shown far more growth during his time with Rui than he ever did with Hina with of course time together being one of the factors that comes to play.

It's been a while but as far as I can recall Hina kissed, had sexual interactions and confessed her feelings multiple times when Natsuo was in a relationship with Rui OR when she was aware Rui was in love with him. So there's been several occasions where she interfered between NatsuoXRui --- a few moments this happened when she was drunk.

Not facing your problems heads-on(basically running away from your problems) is what Hina does quite a lot, why do you think Natsuo thought Hina didn't like him at the beginning of the manga and got semi-depressed from it? Because she didn't acknowledge her feelings and was beating the bush instead of getting her feelings/thoughts straight.

I don't recall her saying she quit her job because she felt she couldn't give them guidance or anything, I feel it has more to do with the fact with him being a (college) student and she not wanting the 'scandal' thing to become a bigger issue.

If Hina had set her feelings straight and acted upon it this manga would've had it's conclusion 50-100 chapters ago. Hina lets everything and everybody get in the way of her and Natsuo and that indecisiveness is annoying. Currently Rui is out of the picture but there has been 1-2 other girls in between her and Natsuo already and this number may grow.

At this rate Rui will be long back before Hina has taken her chances with Natsuo into actually becoming a couple.

Yeah if its been a whilee i understand cuz i started and caught up to the manga a week ago lol. But no him and rui were not in a relationship when hina kissed or had sex with him. At the beggining of the manga it was always hina for natsuo and rui was just starting to figure out what love met and all. I would say hina and rui were competing with each other but hina did not interfere with there relationship early on. Nor has she when they started dating. If anything that was the one time she took the intiative and actually confessed her feelings.The only drunk one that i would consider interfering was when she drunkenly told him why she really left. The other time which i think there was only one time was more comical and fan servicy in my opinion.
As for the reason hina quit her job ch 137 deals with what i was talking about.

Again like i said i think you and me are just fundamentally different when it comes to our views on hina. I get what your saying i really do but i just respectfully disagree.

Well just have to wait and see what happens lol
Mar 22, 2019 1:38 PM
May 2017
Pointygnome said:
@dabdan43

I took the time to go through the chapters:

All the following happened even when Hina knew Rui loved Natsuo -- and even when it was obvious they were in a relationship:

Chapter 30: Hina catches Natsuo and Rui kissing.
Chapter 34: Natsuo opens an envelope with a key. Basically invites him to do whatever he wants with her at her new place.
Chapter 35: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 36: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 37: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 44: Hina and Natsuo kiss and get caught by Rui(She runs out crying).
Chapter 47: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 48: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 54: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 55: Hina and Natsuo have sex.
Chapter 59: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 61: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 63: Hina's been caught by the school and leaves.
Chapter 128: Rui leaves and Hina returns for New Years eve.
Chapter 130/131: Hina confesses and kisses a sleeping Natsuo.
Chapter 138: Hina starts living at the house again and Natsuo has his own apartment.
Chapter 144-145: Hina comes to Natsuo's apartment drunk while Rui is in the shower; Kisses him and tells him: I love you.
Chapter 187-188: Rui overhears her mother/stepdad speaking about how they should've let Hina and Natsuo go their way.
Chapter 215: Rui and Natsuo breakup - Jealousy from both sides, wavering attention for each other because of other people coming into the mix and the support from mother/stepdad forces Rui to this decision.

Throughout these chapters Natsuo also kissed and had sex with Rui; He's obviously at fault as well but to say Hina never interfered and was 'trying to be the good sister' is in my opinion questionable.

In the end Hina is partially to blame, next to Serizawa and Cook-guy for the eventual breakup.

Problem is that Rui and natsuo didnt start dating till chapter 115 and Hina didnt find out till chapter 148. So everything before 115 doesnt mean anything. Rui yes was in love with natsuo but natsuo wasnt. The only reason he allowed the kisses between him and rui was so that he could try and forget about hina. At this point in the manga that wasnt a relationship. And when hina saw this she lost control and later on in ch33 she finally told him how she felt. This is the one time she actually did something even though she was kinda forced to. But the point is your examples before 115 in my opinion don't count because natsuo didnt have a relationship with rui at the time. And then everything before 148 can be attributed to both rui and natsuo for not telling her they were dating.
But so that im not showing bias you did forget the time in chapter 170 were hina draggged natsuo to the fair with him. And chapter 204 where she walked drunk and naked in natsuos hotel room. But the two events didnt really make her a bad sister

In all honesty if serizawa were to date natsuo id be fine with that too.
Mar 22, 2019 2:44 PM
Feb 2019
dabdan43 said:
CaesarZeppelli said:

Lol come back when you finish the episode im curious what you thought. I was so mad. And yeah im glad for the manga

Unforgivable!!!

They skip one of the dates between Natsuo and Hina, what the hell are they thinking :O

LOL they should have make it a 24 episodes season, because there is a lot missing in the story and it has great implications on how the characters feelings are perceived by anime-only fans.

But well, at least we know the truth my friend hahaha
Mar 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
Oh shit. I was waiting for this anime, but did not watch series from the start of the season
and now, after watching some episodes i'm so upset by this adaptation. Everything was crumpled.
By the way, returning to the manga. Who do you think kidnapped Natsuo and Misaki? Those guys from Chapter 223? Or it was Marie guys?
Mar 22, 2019 3:03 PM
Jun 2015
Akagi-kun said:
Oh shit. I was waiting for this anime, but did not watch series from the start of the season
and now, after watching some episodes i'm so upset by this adaptation. Everything was crumpled.
By the way, returning to the manga. Who do you think kidnapped Natsuo and Misaki? Those guys from Chapter 223? Or it was Marie guys?

The adaptation is a bad joke, it reminds me kids when they try to tell a story, they skip parts, they alter some and so on.
As for the abductors i think it is pretty obvious it was the new gang that pretty much overtaken the previous yakuza family that was dealing with that area. Cocaine is pretty expensive and since they are looking for her for a while, it means she did quite a bit of damage to their deals.
Mar 22, 2019 3:05 PM
May 2017
Pointygnome said:
@dabdan43

I'm assuming you're a guy:
So let's say you're in love with somebody and your brother(or friend) has seen you kiss the girl you like and your brother(friend) then starts kissing/having sex with that girl. That doesn't make him a total dickhead? I'm sorry to say but if my brother or friend did that I would at least give him a sucker punch for not respecting me at all.

Chapter 30 should've made Hina aware that Rui likes Natsuo and Chapter 44 strongly confirms that, why else would Rui run out of Hina's house crying?

I even forgot to add in possibly the most important chapter in this timeline:
Chapter 33 - Rui tells Hina she loves Natsuo.

So straight after Rui tells Hina she loves Natsuo, she gave Natsuo the key to her apartment, kissed him multiple times and had sex. How does that make her a good sister? lol.....

Is Hina that blind/naive to not imagine Rui and Natsuo getting together after she left? There were enough signs:
- The kissing
- Rui running away crying after she found Natsuo in Hina's apartment.
- Rui telling Hina she loves Natsuo.

I did see several chapters such as 170/204 where (accidental) nudity was involved but didn't find it noteworthy for the list as nothing actually happened in the end.

No in this situation (regarding the manga) natsuo in reality is really the dickhead. He's allowing rui to kiss him even though he is not in love her at that point in time. He is using her to try and forget about hina. If natsuo had told rui from the beggining he was in love with hina it wouldve saved her from all that. So in the situation you described up top if it was similar to the situation in the manga than the person who'd be a total jack would be the person i was in love with for using me as a tool to forget the person they were really in love with, which in that situation would be my brother or friend.
Hina stated after they first had sex that she had started developing feeling for natsuo when they were having their conversations on the roof of the school. Those conversations were already occuring even before chapter 1 of the story which is before he even met rui.
Also earlier you were saying how " If Hina had set her feelings straight and acted upon it this manga would've had it's conclusion 50-100 chapters ago". Well in this point in the manga she did ch33 she tells natsuo how she feels and they start dating. Thus in ch34 she gives natsuo a key to her apartment. They are dating at this point in time. The only thing im was upset with was that they didnt tell rui they were. That ill agree with being a dick move.
Also in regards to the situation you described if i was in love somebody who didnt love me back and they loved my brother/friend and my brother/ friend loved than back than i saw them kissing. Yes i would react extremly sad and angry for a time but id evetually get over because guess what the person didnt love me back and i cant do anything about that.
Also I dont see how you can expect somebody to think that when they breakup, there ex would end up dating there little sister. I dont care if she did see these things you listed. When hina came back home at first, rui wasnt there so there was no way to tell that they were dating. Plus natsuo again didnt say anything. Than after that she gives him a note saying to wait for her. She obviously had no idea
Mar 22, 2019 3:09 PM
May 2017
CaesarZeppelli said:
dabdan43 said:

Unforgivable!!!

They skip one of the dates between Natsuo and Hina, what the hell are they thinking :O

LOL they should have make it a 24 episodes season, because there is a lot missing in the story and it has great implications on how the characters feelings are perceived by anime-only fans.

But well, at least we know the truth my friend hahaha

I cant agree more lol
Mar 22, 2019 3:09 PM
Feb 2019
dabdan43 said:
Pointygnome said:
@dabdan43

I took the time to go through the chapters:

All the following happened even when Hina knew Rui loved Natsuo -- and even when it was obvious they were in a relationship:

Chapter 30: Hina catches Natsuo and Rui kissing.
Chapter 34: Natsuo opens an envelope with a key. Basically invites him to do whatever he wants with her at her new place.
Chapter 35: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 36: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 37: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 44: Hina and Natsuo kiss and get caught by Rui(She runs out crying).
Chapter 47: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 48: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 54: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 55: Hina and Natsuo have sex.
Chapter 59: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 61: Hina and Natsuo kiss.
Chapter 63: Hina's been caught by the school and leaves.
Chapter 128: Rui leaves and Hina returns for New Years eve.
Chapter 130/131: Hina confesses and kisses a sleeping Natsuo.
Chapter 138: Hina starts living at the house again and Natsuo has his own apartment.
Chapter 144-145: Hina comes to Natsuo's apartment drunk while Rui is in the shower; Kisses him and tells him: I love you.
Chapter 187-188: Rui overhears her mother/stepdad speaking about how they should've let Hina and Natsuo go their way.
Chapter 215: Rui and Natsuo breakup - Jealousy from both sides, wavering attention for each other because of other people coming into the mix and the support from mother/stepdad forces Rui to this decision.

Throughout these chapters Natsuo also kissed and had sex with Rui; He's obviously at fault as well but to say Hina never interfered and was 'trying to be the good sister' is in my opinion questionable.

In the end Hina is partially to blame, next to Serizawa and Cook-guy for the eventual breakup.

Problem is that Rui and natsuo didnt start dating till chapter 115 and Hina didnt find out till chapter 148. So everything before 115 doesnt mean anything. Rui yes was in love with natsuo but natsuo wasnt. The only reason he allowed the kisses between him and rui was so that he could try and forget about hina. At this point in the manga that wasnt a relationship. And when hina saw this she lost control and later on in ch33 she finally told him how she felt. This is the one time she actually did something even though she was kinda forced to. But the point is your examples before 115 in my opinion don't count because natsuo didnt have a relationship with rui at the time. And then everything before 148 can be attributed to both rui and natsuo for not telling her they were dating.
But so that im not showing bias you did forget the time in chapter 170 were hina draggged natsuo to the fair with him. And chapter 204 where she walked drunk and naked in natsuos hotel room. But the two events didnt really make her a bad sister

In all honesty if serizawa were to date natsuo id be fine with that too.

I second this, If Natsuo doesn't end with Hina, Serizawa is a very good fit for Natsuo. And her "arc story" is not over yet so that may be a possible ending perhaps.

@Pointygnome you said in other post that Hina was a bad sister because she kept moving forward Natsuo even when Rui tells her that she loves him, but she did the same later on, so under that argument, Rui is also a bad sister.

Also, Hina and Natsuo already had feelings for each other, and Rui's feelings were one-sided, that's why Natsuo sister-zoned her.

But when Rui did it, she was aware that Natsuo and Hina still had feelings for each other and still made her move. I don't blame her for trying, because that's just how love is, but she was just being opportunist there.
Mar 22, 2019 3:32 PM
May 2017
Akagi-kun said:

I think it was maries guys I don't see how the others should be suspecting them of going to the police rn.
And yes i am also disappointed with anime adaptation. Never thought id type those words lol
Mar 22, 2019 4:20 PM
Feb 2019
Pointygnome said:
@dabdan43 That's why I mentioned Natsuo is at fault as well and possibly the worst person out of the three but we're comparing Hina vs Rui in this case.

It would've ended a long time ago if she didn't let everything and everybody get in the way of the relationship; but up till now there's been school and several girls/guys between them. Both Hina and Natsuo's actions don't always match their words causing it to be a complete shitshow from both sides.

If I were in Hina's shoes and I have seen my brother kiss the girl(stepsister) I like, knowing they live in the same house I would definitely expect something to happen between them. It would be difficult for me not to ask whether or not they've gone any further after I returned.

@CaesarZeppelli
The part where Natsuo is to blame is when he does things to both Rui and Hina but doesn't make a choice between them. On the other hand Hina was vague for the most part which made Natsuo doubt whether or not she actually likes him. Hina masturbating and moaning the other guy's name made Natsuo give in to Rui's advances.

You have to be an opportunist in love.

Personal example:

My example shows that I would probably have still acted up on it like Hina did to grab what I think should be mine but that doesn't make it less of a dick move towards whomever the other party is.

I see, well love is a war after all, everything goes, it doesnt matter if it looks bad, i totally understand your point now, and yeah, Natsuo is the one to blame, i always thought him an asshole actually :P
Mar 22, 2019 4:21 PM
May 2017

If I were in Hina's shoes and I have seen my brother kiss the girl(stepsister) I like, knowing they live in the same house I would definitely expect something to happen between them. It would be difficult for me not to ask whether or not they've gone any further after I returned.

With regards to this, the problem is that in chapter 97 when rui and natsuo see hina again after they have been separated. Rui asks hina why she wasnt being truthful with reagards to her feelings for natsuo. (That she was still in love with him). But hina fears that being with her will drag natsuo down at that point in time. But still the point of all this is that hina tells rui that yes i am still in love with him. Hina is telling him that she still loves him. Which is why i really cant expect her to think that when she returned rui and natsuo wouldve started dating even if at the end of this same chapter (97) natsuo gave back the ring.

Also i wasnt trying to say that rui is a worse sister than hina. My point was that i dont find hina to be a bad sister or person

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.