Forum Settings
Forums

Director Yutaka Yamamoto Files Debt to Ultra Super Pictures

New
Mar 11, 2019 2:43 AM

Nov 2007
On Monday, Mizonokuchi Law Office released a statement regarding director Yutaka Yamamoto's filing. According to Mizonokuchi, Yamamoto has no money to pay a debt of over one hundred million yen that Ultra Super Pictures requested. The reason the company requested this payment is unknown.

Regarding the movie Hakubo, scheduled to premiere in Fukushima movie theaters on May 24, Yamamoto's lawyer explained that the debt does not affect it, though production may be delayed. Yamamoto will concentrate on completing it for a May 24 premiere.

Yamamoto directed Fractale, the Senyuu. series, Kannagi, the Wake Up, Girls! franchise, and more when he was working with Ultra Super Pictures, which owns studio Ordet.

Though the Internet is shocked about Yamamoto's filing of "self bankruptcy," he denies it.

Source: Yamamoto's Line Blog
ImperfectBlueMar 12, 2019 12:07 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 11, 2019 4:05 AM

Jul 2016
This is what happened when you're such a shitty person who think yourself is far superior than anyone and never learns your mistakes.

Edit:
ShogunAra said:
Why are you so mean towards him? :c

Because the guy was INDEED that shitty and he didn't even uses his brain before doing something.
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 11, 2019 4:42 AM
Mar 11, 2019 5:09 AM
Dec 2013
The only shocking thing here is that it didn't happen sooner.
Mar 11, 2019 5:12 AM

Sep 2014
I must be missing something here, why make a news post about some guy owing like $90?
Mar 11, 2019 5:31 AM
Jun 2016
VEN0 said:
I must be missing something here, why make a news post about some guy owing like $90?
Yeah, I was expecting like millions of yen but that‘s like nothing in comparison. Maybe they meant ten thousands of dollars or something like that instead.
Mar 11, 2019 6:38 AM

Nov 2007
@VEN0 @T0ndo Thanks for notifying. It is hard to put Japanese amount of money into English (it is bothersome to me every time (even now) I have to translate that into English). When I googled it, it must have come up with dollars and didn't notice it until now. It was 一億 (1 Oku; 100000000) yen.
tsubasaloverMar 11, 2019 6:49 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 11, 2019 6:43 AM

Sep 2014
tsubasalover said:
@VEN0 @T0ndo Thanks for notifying. It is hard to put Japanese amount of money into English (it is bothersome to me every time (even now) I have to translate that into English). When I googled it, it must have come up with dollars and didn't notice it until now.
Haha thats all good, I found it pretty funny though
Mar 11, 2019 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Meh, Wake Up, Girls! wasn't even that good anyway.
Mar 11, 2019 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
You barely will see me say this but...

He kinda deserved it to be honest, since these stuff backfired on him very much.
Mar 11, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2008
Can someone explain what he has done to be so hated?
Mar 11, 2019 2:42 PM

Oct 2008
our lord and savior yamamoto aka god has everyone against him, but he will press on. he will press on..
Mar 11, 2019 2:51 PM
May 2016
seriously, WHAT exactly has caused so many people to dislike him. I want specifics please, I've already been told that he's a bad person. What I need is WHY
Mar 11, 2019 3:41 PM

Aug 2016
akihikosama said:

NG_Chloe said:
seriously, WHAT exactly has caused so many people to dislike him. I want specifics please, I've already been told that he's a bad person. What I need is WHY

From googling I'd guess it's because he called 'Adult Otaku' handicapped.
He's suppose to have said some other controversial stuff on twitter that got him suspended too.
JokerVenturaMar 11, 2019 3:55 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 11, 2019 3:48 PM
May 2016
JokerVentura said:
akihikosama said:

NG_Chloe said:

He's suppose to have said some other controversial stuff on twiiter that got him suspended too.

Thank you very much.
Mar 11, 2019 8:34 PM

Mar 2015
JokerVentura said:
akihikosama said:

NG_Chloe said:

He's suppose to have said some other controversial stuff on twitter that got him suspended too.

his pretty much an asshole all around that sometimes overreacting toward problem he is not even started.

>disregard another director because what buy must of their product is "subhuman otaku" (in reference he fired during lucky star production than replaced by other people, and to kannagi controversy that main heroine somewhat not a virgin, can't blame him for the second one, but his overly bitter reaction make things worse)
>somehow, made those kind of shows themselves, boasting it will best thing since slice of breed and will better than those "handicapped otaku oriented shows', after previously insult the potential market then blame them again when it's not sold (fractale, and the series somehow ended up not much different than others he looking down upon). even worse lynched the mangaka who made it's manga adaptation, and spouting some very nasty insult to her.
>in twitter (where he is most active) he frequently doing some insensitive, abusive tweet that pissing lot people (like nidome no jinsei tweet, called chinese idiot or something), some of them even his previous coworker and friends. his twitter has suspended, twice.

tldr: he made everyone enemies, then shocked when everyone do become enemies then try to potray himself somehow a victim of injustice. he never learn.

he is not bad director, just bad personalities.
KumaMar 11, 2019 8:40 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 11, 2019 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
Who the hell is this?
Mar 12, 2019 12:39 AM

Oct 2010
What the hell did he do to incur this debt to himself? This seems like some kind of public shaming incident.
Mar 12, 2019 1:20 AM

Jul 2016
mizukasa said:
Who the hell is this?

Some Japanese anime director who is so retarded that he got himself bankrupt for some stupid reason lol.
Mar 12, 2019 3:13 AM

Mar 2015
kind of sad lot of MAL user don't even remember yamakan.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 12, 2019 5:50 AM

Nov 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
mizukasa said:
Who the hell is this?

Some Japanese anime director who is so retarded that he got himself bankrupt for some stupid reason lol.

Sounds like karma to be honest.
Kuma said:
kind of sad lot of MAL user don't even remember yamakan.

I'm sure more people will remember him now as the guy with bad attitude and went bankrupt.
Mar 12, 2019 10:13 AM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:
JokerVentura said:

his pretty much an asshole all around that sometimes overreacting toward problem he is not even started.

>disregard another director because what buy must of their product is "subhuman otaku" (in reference he fired during lucky star production than replaced by other people, and to kannagi controversy that main heroine somewhat not a virgin, can't blame him for the second one, but his overly bitter reaction make things worse)
>somehow, made those kind of shows themselves, boasting it will best thing since slice of breed and will better than those "handicapped otaku oriented shows', after previously insult the potential market then blame them again when it's not sold (fractale, and the series somehow ended up not much different than others he looking down upon). even worse lynched the mangaka who made it's manga adaptation, and spouting some very nasty insult to her.
>in twitter (where he is most active) he frequently doing some insensitive, abusive tweet that pissing lot people (like nidome no jinsei tweet, called chinese idiot or something), some of them even his previous coworker and friends. his twitter has suspended, twice.

tldr: he made everyone enemies, then shocked when everyone do become enemies then try to potray himself somehow a victim of injustice. he never learn.

You can add the fact that there are quite grounbded rumors that KyoAni fired him because he tried to harass some female seiyuus.

I do not feel pity for Yamakan himself (though, I liked some of his works, mainly Kannagi) but some decent strudios (i.e. Sanzigen and Trigger) were involved in USP and I hope it will not backfire.
Nachtwandler_21Mar 12, 2019 11:53 PM
Mar 12, 2019 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
Yeah, I'm not surprised by this in the slightest. He's caused too many problems to count and it was only about time that it all backfired on him. He deserves everything that's coming his way.
Mar 12, 2019 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
simo000 said:
our lord and savior yamamoto aka god has everyone against him, but he will press on. he will press on..

Pretty sure he deserved it for multiple reasons because honestly I don't see any reason for him to be defended.

He might've made like, Senyuu which is actually quite ironic you see. But looking back I think he gives more of a shit to prove people that he's better in every way, and then people will go and backfire on him for saying such statements.

JokerVentura said:
akihikosama said:

NG_Chloe said:

Oh yeah he did. Though there's another thing that I found out too, take it with a grain of salt.

Anyways uh, Yamakan is a real piece of shit too. He also got fired and got taken away from the credits from a lot of the KyoAni stuff because they wanted nothing to do with the guy. Mainly because of his egotistical ass and how he boasts his creations and then gets pissed when said shows don't go well. The entire thing with Fractale's manga is proof of this case too.
removed-userMar 12, 2019 11:33 AM
Mar 12, 2019 7:10 PM

Oct 2018
Wasshio said:

Anyways uh, Yamakan is a real piece of shit too. He also got fired and got taken away from the credits from a lot of the KyoAni stuff because they wanted nothing to do with the guy. Mainly because of his egotistical ass and how he boasts his creations and then gets pissed when said shows don't go well. The entire thing with Fractale's manga is proof of this case too.
Not to mention that he keeps shittalking sponsors, producers and VAs openly on twitter and his blog, the ones that made his shows possible in the first place. His twitter antics even got him banned from entering china. I also remember him retweeting anyone who was criticizing WUG S2, just to get his point across. For Kannagi's disc release of episode 2 he deliberately cut out scenes and drawings, because it's animation blew the first one, which Yamakan directed, completely out of the water. That just shows you how much he is consumed by his own ego. He is still a decent director, but yeah fuck him.
Mar 12, 2019 7:53 PM

Mar 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Kuma said:

You can add the fact that there are quite grounbded rumors that KyoAni fired him because he tried to harass some female seiyuus.

I do not feel pity for Yamakan himself (though, I liked some of his works, mainly Kannagi) but some decent strudios (i.e. Sanzigen and Trigger) were involved in USP and I hope it will no backfire.

i have heard that, but it can't be verified. he does pissed his series sponsor, that one at least can be verified. but the reason is never explained to this day. will not surprised if it's correct. which made him not much different then person he looking down upon. you know, he hate them because he insecure about himself. that would explain a lot about his attitude.

VyseLegendaire said:
What the hell did he do to incur this debt to himself? This seems like some kind of public shaming incident.

yeah, no. he bring this to himself. being bitter to others and expecting people not to hate him? no way.
Mar 12, 2019 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
MaceChan said:
Wasshio said:

Not to mention that he keeps shittalking sponsors, producers and VAs openly on twitter and his blog, the ones that made his shows possible in the first place. His twitter antics even got him banned from entering china. I also remember him retweeting anyone who was criticizing WUG S2, just to get his point across. For Kannagi's disc release of episode 2 he deliberately cut out scenes and drawings, because it's animation blew the first one, which Yamakan directed, completely out of the water. That just shows you how much he is consumed by his own ego. He is still a decent director, but yeah fuck him.

Wait a second in regards to WUG S2 (the one that I assume Itagaki directed) so... he wanted to prove his point by retweeting other people that were criticizing WUG S2? Isn't a bit too much, especially when he's the very same person that insults a lot of members within the industry? It's one thing to agree a general consensus. That isn't an issue, but if he does it to prove a point and try to go and maybe shat on everyone... then it's a problem. Especially since these tweets of people criticizing said installment can be used as a way to hammer down an opinion to the point where it can be considered infuriating.

I'm not the biggest fan of Yamakan both as a director and as a person, but I can say he did a show that I liked. But that show is mainly comedic, so generally he's the type of person I can't even trust. When you put yourself in the microwave just to get burnt to shreds, then there's an issue. Yamakan is exactly in that situation where everyone is roasting him or criticizing him to no end, and for good reason too.
Mar 14, 2019 11:42 AM

Mar 2012
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-03-14/wake-up-girls-director-yamakan-explains-financial-troubles-behind-anime-production/.144469

Rant, rant and more rant.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by ZXEAN »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.