Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 10, 2019 10:18 AM
Jun 2011
As of now, chapter 218, I would like to explore the possibilities on who is future Mrs. Natsuo, so bear with me. Of all the girls that are part of his life, only 3 really have a chance IMO:

1- Hina: Natsuo's 1st love and 1st girlfriend. She is also on the cover of volume 1 (which, for a manga, says A LOT). Still, I find it unlikely that they will end up together because of her current personality: the Damsel in Distress. Like her sister, right now Hina is obsessed with Natsuo for saving her life. Yes, she loves him... but thats it. She is lost in her feelings and, for a series that has been about "becoming an adult" as well as "love and relatioships", she is simply unfit to be the one who will make him a better person if she cant change her nature a bit. And there is the fact that they were teacher and student. That she changed schools without a good reason. Any way you look at it, future Natsuo would never write about it 'cause it could become a scandal - irrelevant for the future couple, but still a scandal.

2- Rui: Natsuo's 1st lover and the 1st plot point of the manga - the very 1st scene is of the aftermath of their night together. She has been a support character for most of the series, through the good and the bad (and the silly) parts of Natsuo road to adulthood. For all we know (or want), she should be the best option... but her only relationship has been with Natsuo - a relationship that, like the one from Scum's Wish MCs - began in a very "wrong" way. And she has never had much contact with other men besides the ones from Natsuo's friend circle (no, I did not forget her kitchen workmate). She doesnt know how to deal with her feelings, even tough she want to be the best girfriend possible. Just as Hina, she is lost in her feelings. And their relationship was kept a secret as much as possible, which is usually something from the realm of "I will cherish this memory forever" relationship.

These two are the strongest and the weakest contenders right now. They dont have enough character development and, because of that, they still look like the same from the start of the series. Both are holding on to pendants - Hina with the rings, Rui with her half-moon - so its obvious they will be on the game until the end, be it as the love interest or the ones who will give that meaningful "go get your happiness" push on Natsuo.

3- Serizawa: the one whose arc is not yet closed. Like Rui, she never had any other love interests. Unlike Rui, she seems more composed and a bit more in charge of her reactions - be it because she is in love or because it really is her personality. Her innocence may be the necessary contrast for the current foul-mood Natsuo is on and, maybe, the means to make him move on without relying too much on him. Only problem is that as soon as she begins an intimate relationship with him, it is doomed to end in a break up - unless it is in the last 2-3 chapters. The author played the "who is the wife?" card and that will go on until the end of the series.

I dont believe there's enough time to introduce and develop a new love interest that will not be received as BS by readers at this point. And all the other female characters did not have enough time or romantic development towards Natsuo - save for Momo, but that bridge was burned down.

So, what do you guys think? And, before I forget, this last one is something I noticed and dont know if someone talked about it before so I will leave it on spoiler tag:

Feb 16, 2019 4:07 PM

Jan 2018
I think Hina will be the one. As things stand now in chapter 219 and considering that there is less than a 100 chapters for the manga to end. It's most likely that the nexts arcs are going to focus on closing some individual character arcs. As Natsuo and Hina are now, they are kinda in the same place. This new girl will help Natsuo to find his selfworth, as Hina will find her selfworth (what she talked with Kobayashi in a recent chapter is a possible hint of that). Moreover, as the beggining of chapter 73, if it is a flashfoward, then Hina is the only possible outcome. The dialogue states ''I need to ask my wife. Only our friends and my parents know how we met''. Their parents do not know about Natsuo and Rui, they only know about Natsuo and Hina and they kind of accept their relationship when Natsuo was in a coma.
There is also the point that most Natsuo's friends know that Rui is his step-sister. But I hardly think that she'll be the one, I mean, the whole point in the first place was that Natsuo was in love with his teacher.
Serizawa might be a possibility, but it is an odd one. She accept Natsuo even knowing the nature of his exes. But I think it'll be hard to develop a relationship between them that surpasses Hina and Rui in less than 100 chapters. If it doesn't surpass that, then it's doom to fail.

A digital frontier to reshape the human condition.
Feb 19, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
It's time Natsuo leads a healthy relationship. The spoilers came out for chapter 220 and I have to say this new girl is more intriguing than I originally thought. A single small accident completely screwed up her life.

These two have extremely good chemistry and I think most of the readers are going to love her. It didn't take me long to change my view on her and like I said, she's incredibly interesting.

It's time Natsuo dives into a normal relationship for once. One that doesn't involve step-sisters, nothing domestic. He ought to end up with the new girl, they both are wounded in their own different ways. Misaki was robbed of her livelihood, Natsuo was severed multiple times in his past relationships. Those two could do a good job of healing each other.

Sorry, but I have to ship those two at the moment. It only makes sense to have a normal relationship for once instead of that domestic crap.
Feb 19, 2019 12:52 PM
Feb 2016
Grekinski said:
I think Hina will be the one. As things stand now in chapter 219 and considering that there is less than a 100 chapters for the manga to end. It's most likely that the nexts arcs are going to focus on closing some individual character arcs. As Natsuo and Hina are now, they are kinda in the same place. This new girl will help Natsuo to find his selfworth, as Hina will find her selfworth (what she talked with Kobayashi in a recent chapter is a possible hint of that). Moreover, as the beggining of chapter 73, if it is a flashfoward, then Hina is the only possible outcome. The dialogue states ''I need to ask my wife. Only our friends and my parents know how we met''. Their parents do not know about Natsuo and Rui, they only know about Natsuo and Hina and they kind of accept their relationship when Natsuo was in a coma.
There is also the point that most Natsuo's friends know that Rui is his step-sister. But I hardly think that she'll be the one, I mean, the whole point in the first place was that Natsuo was in love with his teacher.
Serizawa might be a possibility, but it is an odd one. She accept Natsuo even knowing the nature of his exes. But I think it'll be hard to develop a relationship between them that surpasses Hina and Rui in less than 100 chapters. If it doesn't surpass that, then it's doom to fail.

You bring up a lot of good points to who it could be. I really hope it's Hina. While I many not have liked her in the beginning, she has shown a lot of growth and honestly is much better than Rui currently. I just want this whole thing to end; it's been dragging on for too long and if he ends up with Hina then I'd rate this much higher than what I would've originally
Feb 19, 2019 5:43 PM
Jun 2011
ABDoesThings said:
Misaki was robbed of her livelihood, Natsuo was severed multiple times in his past relationships. Those two could do a good job of healing each other.

From someone who had his share of "we are hurting, lets heal each other" relationships, these are short lived. Two broken people can only help each other for a time. After that, they bring each other down because, initially, they were broken. Misaki (the new girl) would be an interesting endgame girl, but I believe it is:
A) too late to introduce a new love interest (we still have Serizawa after all and that door is not closed);
B) too inconsistente with the themes the series showed (overcoming struggles, better yourself, happiness by chasing your dream etc)
Feb 19, 2019 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
In the end I believe it's either Hina or Rui. The manga started off this way and it would've been useless if they just cut off the 2 main girls like that for a new character that only showed up near the end????
"Who knows."
Feb 19, 2019 8:09 PM

Jan 2018
Supersky said:
Grekinski said:

You bring up a lot of good points to who it could be. I really hope it's Hina. While I many not have liked her in the beginning, she has shown a lot of growth and honestly is much better than Rui currently. I just want this whole thing to end; it's been dragging on for too long and if he ends up with Hina then I'd rate this much higher than what I would've originally

I also hope that it’s Hina. Both of them have grown to be helping each other. To be side by side.

A digital frontier to reshape the human condition.
Feb 26, 2019 5:44 AM

Feb 2019
I hope it is Rui. This is how it could be salvaged:

1. Chef boy makes a move on Rui, but she realizes that she can't because she is still in love with Natsuo
2. Natsuo realizes that he didn't fight hard enough and decides to chase her to NY.
3. Rui is not in NY when Natsuo gets there and finds out from the restaurant that she quit.
4. He goes back to Japan and finds Rui waiting in his apartment.
5. Natsuo proposes with a ring he bought with his novel money.

To me this would be the only type of scenario that will make this whole story worthwhile. Hina is a hot mess and not wife material. There is no way she can truly make Natsuo happy. She should go back to Shu.
Feb 26, 2019 7:20 AM
Jan 2019
hugedata said:

1. Chef boy makes a move on Rui, but she realizes that she can't because she is still in love with Natsuo
2. Natsuo realizes that he didn't fight hard enough and decides to chase her to NY.
3. Rui is not in NY when Natsuo gets there and finds out from the restaurant that she quit.

To me this would be the only type of scenario that will make this whole story worthwhile. Hina is a hot mess and not wife material. There is no way she can truly make Natsuo happy. She should go back to Shu.
about natsuos wife he should have end up with hina or rui because thats the all point of the manga right from the beginning and yeah hina is slut and nothings gonna change that she is just train wreck and lately she worked hard to become a good sister so I hope writer not gonna change that. about rui she is acting like an idiot lately I hope she didnt go out with that chef guy it will be disappointment your scenario is lit I hope it end up with that way.
Feb 27, 2019 1:05 AM

Nov 2012
I hope it's Rui. Her character received the most development during this story. I'm not saying that I don't like Hina, just in comparison, I believe that Rui is just better. Of course, the author can turn a story right now in any direction, but I did say that I believe and I will believe that Natsuo, nor Rui won't make any rash moves, for what readers will become to hate them.
Feb 27, 2019 5:49 AM

Sep 2017
It's all wrong dude. The main theme of this series is both sister must finally end up marrying him....That's the main objective. All other characters are just supporting him to achieve it.
Feb 27, 2019 7:55 AM
Feb 2019
I'm pretty sure he gonna end up with Rui because he already wrote about Hina and he never wrote about Rui just my guess.
Feb 28, 2019 2:13 AM
Aug 2018
Grekinski said:

my take on that is that natsuo and rui still haven't told their friends that natsuo even dated Hina. That's something that only Serizawa has figured out at this point. and his old middle school friend(forget his name). so AS FAR AS WE ARE AWARE SO FAR the ONLY option is Rui actually. as "technically" Rui's dad knows and therefore family knows, along with their friends all knowing as well
elitezealot2797Feb 28, 2019 2:37 AM
Feb 28, 2019 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
Lets not forget that Natsuo have ambition to be a writer. Serious writer, not that kinda light novel/pulp fiction stuff. So he must fully devote all his time and energy to his work (see Togen-sensei). Really hard work, that can produce all kind of mental disorders (slumps, depressions, anxieties, ...), so he needs constant physical and moral support. Marriage with such kinda people, in my opinion, works only if his potential life partner fully devote his life to provide such support. So, lets consider our candidates from that perspective.

Rui. Really likable person. She's smart, strong willed, talented and ambitious. She knows what she wont and now fully absorbed in the carrier building with the goal to be a chef, and, potentially, business partner of her father. Her relationship with Natsuo worked fine in their schooldays. But, it was only matter of time, when she should choose between Natsuo and her carrier path. She made her decision in the ch.195, when she left him for one year overseas training. What happened afterwards (ch.214-216), is a direct consequence of her decision. All that confusions and misunderstandings is not sign of her idiocy or bluntness. She just was out of synch. Skype don't work in such kinda situations. She must be with him and for him in his hard time. It will be fine if her boyfrend was, say, office worker or colleague like that infamous Kajita-kun (BTW, I'm quite sure that he's here for teasing, like Alex), but not an artist.

OK, then Hina (I don't think that we really have another options). Despite their cluelessness, slutness and weakness I'm belive that she is only real candidature. Lets start with that "dumping" stuff. It's really confuse me when people say that she dumps Natsuo. She made hard, but only possible in that situation, decision. All other options was really horrible. What she does, firsthand for Natsuo's sake, despite of her strong feeling to him, is quite amazing. Then, she give up on their dream to be a teacher, so she can be with him. And then, after that stalker incident, she give up on their personal life, and decided to devote her life to support him, despite the fact that he loves Rui (ch.190). I know, she really far from ideal spouse for Natsuo, but it's best of what we have.
Mar 1, 2019 2:46 AM
Jul 2013
midwiferuler said:
hugedata said:

about natsuos wife he should have end up with hina or rui because thats the all point of the manga right from the beginning and yeah hina is slut and nothings gonna change that she is just train wreck and lately she worked hard to become a good sister so I hope writer not gonna change that. about rui she is acting like an idiot lately I hope she didnt go out with that chef guy it will be disappointment your scenario is lit I hope it end up with that way.

Hina is a slut? lmao what? She's 23 and has been with as many people as Natsuo has. I didn't realize having sex with anyone besides the male lead made a girl a slut.

Rengar69 said:
I'm pretty sure he gonna end up with Rui because he already wrote about Hina and he never wrote about Rui just my guess.

Yeah, that's an extremely good point.
Mar 1, 2019 2:49 AM
Jan 2019
redaxe13 said:
midwiferuler said:

Hina is a slut? lmao what? She's 23 and has been with as many people as Natsuo has. I didn't realize having sex with anyone besides the male lead made a girl a slut.
dude she dated shuu for 2 years and he was married. what are u talking about?I am not talking about having sex with anyone else.
midwiferulerMar 1, 2019 2:57 AM
Mar 1, 2019 3:05 AM
Jul 2013
midwiferuler said:
redaxe13 said:

dude he dated shuu for 2 years and he was married. what are u talking about?I am not talking about having sex with anyone else.

Slut is a derogatory term for women who have sex with a number of people that they aren't dating or have any emotional attachment to. Are you trying to blame Shuu's lack of morality on her? Either way, It makes no sense to call her a slut.
Mar 1, 2019 3:17 AM
Jan 2019
redaxe13 said:
midwiferuler said:
dude he dated shuu for 2 years and he was married. what are u talking about?I am not talking about having sex with anyone else.

Slut is a derogatory term for women who have sex with a number of people that they aren't dating or have any emotional attachment to. Are you trying to blame Shuu's lack of morality on her? Either way, It makes no sense to call her a slut.
so what do u call a women whos dating a married man? is it normal? u are saying that she was doing the right(normal) thing?
Mar 1, 2019 3:32 AM

Nov 2012
Slut - a woman leading an immoral, dissolute life. Hina is not like that.
It's not a called "slut", may be mistress, concubine more correct.
But I really can't understand the psychology of a woman, who knows that a man is married, continues to meet him.

I still prefer Natsuo x Rui end up.
Mar 1, 2019 4:36 AM

Apr 2011
Akagi-kun said:
Slut - a woman leading an immoral, dissolute life. Hina is not like that.
It's not a called "slut", may be mistress, concubine more correct.
But I really can't understand the psychology of a woman, who knows that a man is married, continues to meet him.

It's not big deal, after all she had a crush on Shuu-chan when he was still single. What was absolutely wrong is that she, as a teacher, flirt and then fuck with a student. It was awful move, but she learned her lesson hard way.

Akagi-kun said:

I still prefer Natsuo x Rui end up.

Me too, and it's still very possible in manga with a right kind of a character development. But just for now Hina moves to Natsuo, and Rui moves in a quite opposite direction.
Mar 1, 2019 6:16 PM
Feb 2019
Hina is gonna be the one because of that destiny thing, and i will be glad if thats the case, Rui is really really selfish, and Hina is completely devoted to Natsuo now.
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 2, 2019 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
It is my firm belief that if your love is real, then you don't just give up on it. Maybe Rui is hoping that Natsuo will fight for her and letting him free to see if that is the case. I am pissed that both girls abandoned him at the first sign of trouble. I don't know where the author is going with this, but I am starting to think that maybe since Natsuo didn't fight harder for Rui, that deep down he doesn't really love her like he thought. Maybe the true answer here is that neither girl is right for him.
Mar 3, 2019 10:53 PM
Jul 2013
hugedata said:
It is my firm belief that if your love is real, then you don't just give up on it. Maybe Rui is hoping that Natsuo will fight for her and letting him free to see if that is the case. I am pissed that both girls abandoned him at the first sign of trouble. I don't know where the author is going with this, but I am starting to think that maybe since Natsuo didn't fight harder for Rui, that deep down he doesn't really love her like he thought. Maybe the true answer here is that neither girl is right for him.

Honestly, The Rui x Natsuo relationship is crazy boring and made me rate the manga a lot lower than I would have up to where they started dating. It just felt like Natsuo was depressed and felt bad for Rui and went with the easiest option in front of him to try to avoid waiting on Hina. Hina was pretty damn clear she still cared for Natsuo and was waiting til she could get back together with him. If Hina and Natsuo get back together, It's not going to make sense for either of their characters. Hina is pretty Selfless, to the point its annoying. Natsuo is sold on the fact he loves Rui's selfish, jealous, robotic ass now. Hinas not going to do anything to hurt her sister, and Rui isn't just going to let Natsuo go like this. He has to end up with Rui or an unrelated girl or it's going to create real drama, which this "drama" manga has avoided since the breakup with Hina.
Mar 31, 2019 2:44 AM

Aug 2017
Ankithadam said:
It's all wrong dude. The main theme of this series is both sister must finally end up marrying him....That's the main objective. All other characters are just supporting him to achieve it.
This. It has to be Kiss x Sis. No other ending is optimal.
Apr 1, 2019 11:13 AM
Apr 2019
So, who is the possible wife? Well let's remove the obvious ones now. Momo not happening and Misaki also not happening at this point. So, again who is the possible candidates for wife of Natsuo-kun? Well for me we have a few 4 to be exact.

This will go from least likely to most likely and why.

4. Mao - is possibly the one girl no one really brings up. She hasn't been shown to be with anyone at this point and would take the most work to make it possible. She also does show signs of possibly liking Natsuo but has extremely low amount of development and will likely not be the one but is my wild horse in the race at this point.

3. Rui - now I was originally a RuixNatsuo person for the majority of the story. But seeing their relationship was horrible. While for many readers her cute pouting may have been cute at first it became clear they are unhealthy for each other. Part of this is Natsuo's fault for lying to her before they were ever a couple and this has likely killed the real potential for them. See all relationships are built on trust. Because of this she doesn't trust Natsuo and ends up jealous all the time. The thing is over time you see her biggest sacrifice was trying not to break up HinaxNatsuo. Which she kind wasn't really for. While she does try to get him back with Hina she also wouldn't ever trust him. She realizes this speaking with Mari. Rui also is very selfish in how she approaches things. This is from I will hate you to chasing Natsuo and even in their break up. Then you have Kajita and while some don't like him he is better for her then the MC Natsuo. One her and Natsuo have no trust. How does that differ from Kajita she can trust completely. In fact she hated him for being honest. This is something women look for often. Women don't want white knights who make them think they are perfect. They like the guy who is brutally honest but it doesn't happen quick. It takes time and work so the feeling of he's an asshole to I trust him more than any other happens. Next, Natsuo has used Rui as has Rui used Natsuo. This also was ruining their relationship from the beginning. I do think it got better but still this damages the relationship at its foundation. So, Natsuo a guy who is lies to her and uses her and is immature is who we want Rui with? No, we want someone who will fight for her yes but not lie or use her. We want her to have a real partner. Someone who would drop everything to make a better life for his family. A guy who will be honest with her so she doesn't need to ever be jealous. Kajita hits all these marks for the real man for her. I think they will slow build the relationship and he doesn't seem like he would go right in. He is level headed and I don't see him wanting to be rebound guy. We know he likes her but do we have any reason to believe Rui may have feelings forming for him? Yes and No. Yes she does show signs. The sign of over reacting to the idea him in a way that seems to mean she does like him. The key is how much does she like Kajita. This is where my no is, she likes him but she was with Natsuo and that means we don't know how much she likes him. Also he isn't an idiot so I doubt he makes a quick move for her. Which will lead overtime to him either being heart broken or Rui really moving on from Natsuo.

2. Serizawa - at this point she is the girl on the outside. However, she is learning to become something more. The mastering of being the seductress is very important. Now while she is shy I see no chance but if she becomes that seductress she could be the girl. Who will push either or both Hina and or Rui. At this point she doesn't seem like she is the girl but we have 75-80 more chapters to develop her and this is important. Yet I still not sure she is the girl as she would likely be famous as she is a great actress. People should know about her and that is why I think she isn't the girl he ends up with. I mean people who are famous actor have a hard time dating without everyone on earth knowing. This is why I feel she is part of the end game but will not be the winner.

1. Hina - well what can I say. She was a home wrecker but she really wasn't that Shu and his wife's marriage is a wreck. Shu really is the reason I'm not 100% sure but 95% sure this is the girl. When I talked about Rui and Natsuo I talked about trust. Hina and Natsuo have that and it is only hidden when she returns and realizes Rui and Natsuo are together. She even makes her normal truthful self show when she tells him about when he visited when she showed up drunk. While she hides her feelings she doesn't lie to him at all. She even doesnt show jealousy even when her sister is with the man she loves. Seriously no one touches how much she selflessly loves him and gives up her wants for him. Like I said before I was RuixNatsuo for a long time around 100 chapters no question. 170 was when I finally started falling off the Rui train and jumped to team Hina. Now I like Rui's character more and development for sure during the first 130ish chapters but really she doesn't change much. She is the best girl from the character development side and being cute when upset. But she falls off as the story goes. By the time Natsuo sacrificed himself for Hina I started drifting to Hina. For sure how devoted she had become. No, one not His Dad or step Mom or Rui stuck at his bed side like Hina. But more than that Hina does one other thing. She loves him and wants him to have the best. She looks over him like no other but we know she has their rings and that for me is a huge sign she is the one. Long before hero Hina happens I felt her keeping the rings was very important as the moment he sees those rings he will realize she never stopped loving him. She gives up her dream job for Natsuo. She tries moving on for him and Rui but she can't. She loved him completely and ended it so he could have a future. She lied so, he wouldn't give up on his dream when she knows he has a future. She makes the most sense why it wouldn't be known to many. Yes this could end up being Rui. But not many know they fucked the first time they met. Not even the friends that know outside of one. Yet his friends are slowly now learning of Hina from what Rui said to Serizawa. I think Rui will have a love triangle of feelings but seeing Hina again after his heart and Serizawa I feel she will move on. As she will accept they weren't made for each other but will become his close friend and will fall for Kajita. As he will play the slow game different from Alex. Also, women love the slow build game from a guy. Most run like crazy if you show you like them too fast. Hina and Natsuo just makes sense and they had the best relationship outside the situation of her as his teacher and step sister. Remove those and everyone would call her best girl if you take her dating Shu out of this and this was great idea. Because, it gives people reasons to like different girls for many reasons. For me the moment he sees the rings he will know something and that is Hina has always loved him and gave it all up for him. No guy who is attracted to a girl let's a girl like that ever get away. Hell we sometimes don't even when we are not crazy physically attracted to them. The thing is He isn't holding on to the watches like Hina has with the rings. While I get people hated her break up with him she wasn't to have any contact with him at all. That is what people miss. The letter she wasn't even suppose to write for him. The date they had away from Tokyo together she wasn't suppose to take. She broke rules even after so he and her would have a happy memory but also this is when she gave him a ring so he would know she would love him always.

So, I think its Hina I do think 4 girls are really in the running but Mao is probably too late. Rui has a great Male guy that seems perfect for her, who she has slowly shown signs of liking him in a slow build. Serizawa is still being developed but isn't really there yet. And Hina loves him more than herself. So, let's see what happens.
NDSTRUCTIBLE1Apr 1, 2019 11:30 AM
Sep 10, 2020 7:03 PM
Sep 2020
Not realistic ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

12 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 19, 11:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.