Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fuutarou should be more careful what he eats. Kinda funny how the girls try to take care of him.

Yotsuba's "confession" was a highlight this episode imo even if it was a joke. I find Fuutarou and his props were kinda creepy though even for a test of courage. Seems like a buildup episode.
Feb 28, 2019 11:04 AM

Nov 2007

Guess. Your. Quints. Nino. Miku. Itsuki. Yotsuba. Ichika.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 28, 2019 11:15 AM

Dec 2017
while Miku is trying to be an exemplary waifu, Yotsuba almost stole the first confession. though, imo she was the spotlight of the episode

and of course, how would a harem work without a cliche "childhood friend" trope. hopefully, they won't beat this shit to death as Nisekoi did
Feb 28, 2019 12:51 PM

Apr 2018
The best things about the anime are dem beautiful close up shots from time to time
Feb 28, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2015
Spotlight on Yotsuba this episode, highlight is definitely her face after that (fake) confession. She's a good girl, just an airhead at times, but that's okay.

So Fuutarou used to be a bad boy back in sixth grade. Nino gets to see a picture from back then but didn't see the whole picture. I am really intrigued though, as the quintuplets looked so much alike in sixth grade, which one of the 5 is on the old photo with Fuutarou?
Feb 28, 2019 2:49 PM
Mar 2015
They cut off Fuutarou sending homework via email. I'm seriously pissed about that, that was hilarious in the manga.
Feb 28, 2019 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit! Yotsuba Shield Heroed Futarou hard!

Feb 28, 2019 2:58 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm its really hard to imagine a Futaro who wasn't studying lol. Well Miku's creations resembled Ohagi more than anything from sight. Still its nice that Miku has become this determined to learn about Futaro's taste's. Yotsuba really can't tell lies well huh. Though her words about Nino and Itsuki changing were accurate. The mask scene in the library sure was fun. To think that even Nino can be weak to pressure. This ep sure had quite the cute Yotsuba moments and its nice that she's finally getting some expansion. That was quite the unusual request that Nino had though. That photo of Futaro's old self though sure was a shocker. But the final shock was that Futaro and the sisters actually already met in the past. Im curious to which one though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2019 3:03 PM

Feb 2015
I can't get enough of this show, I hope the BD sells well and we get another season.

I need to know which girl was in the picture!
Feb 28, 2019 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
While I did like Yotsuba's confession scene, with how much emphasis Futaro put into how badly Yotsuba's is at lying right before it, it felt a little out of place. Would have liked it better if he was actually questioning it in his mind whether there was some truth to it rather than going straight to thinking it could only be joke.

Not a particular fan of the 'met each other when young which changed them' trope. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if he met all of them and he just thought they were all the same.
Feb 28, 2019 3:13 PM
Feb 2016
I found the animation and art for this episode to be much more stable and consistent compared to the past two ones. Not saying those ones were bad or anything, but you could see some frame drops here and there.
Great episode and I'm glad they kept the lap pillow photo in the anime. Others including myself thought that wasn't gonna be in it, but thankfully we were wrong
Feb 28, 2019 3:13 PM

Jan 2017
What the Nisekoi lmao. It's obviously ain't Nino based on the fact that she didn't recognize the guy. It's probably Itsuki since she's the "main" girl but I hope it isn't. Love this show
Feb 28, 2019 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
Well, we went full Nisekoi.
I'll safely assume, that following the usual harem trope, either Nakano or Nino will win, because they are both obnoxious.

Feb 28, 2019 3:26 PM

Oct 2010
Aw... I hate this trope so much lol. They were cute lolis though. I hope that it was Yotsuba. I know she was "joking" but I have a theory that it was her and she recognized him and that's why she's been so cooperative. Or maybe wishful thinking because I like her best lol
Feb 28, 2019 3:37 PM

Sep 2018
shanimebib said:

Ichika,Miku,Itsuki,Nino,Yotsuba...(just my guess)
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 28, 2019 3:51 PM
Jan 2017
shanimebib said:

Huh. When you recommended this to me I didn’t expect it to turn into nisekoi. I’m not sure if this is good or bad.

Also I think @farmaceut has the right idea with the quints.
Art is dead, and we killed it.
Feb 28, 2019 3:57 PM

Nov 2018
I think the girl next to futaro in the picture is itsuki
Feb 28, 2019 4:03 PM
Dec 2015
shanimebib said:

they all make two fingers sign, so..
Feb 28, 2019 4:04 PM

May 2013
So only one girl knows about him from that picture.

Nino is already out.
Miku doesn't looks like someone who could take pictures with someone.
Yotsuba probably would be in his neck.

But between Itsuki and Ichika....they actually would take that picture.

Wait Yotsuba was way too excited about the camp........AHHHHH

I really can't pick one of them on that photo.
Very clever plot this one, better than Nisekoi IMO.

Anyone can guess who is?
Photo on spoiler below
samsannFeb 28, 2019 4:10 PM
Feb 28, 2019 4:31 PM

Sep 2015
shanimebib said:

If I had to guess I would say, left to right, Ichika, Miku, Itsuki, Nino, Yotsuba.
Feb 28, 2019 4:34 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Well the mystery childhood friend isn't Nino. 1 down, 4 to go.
Feb 28, 2019 4:41 PM
Feb 2016
I dont think I like the fact that the story turned into nisekoi, just seems a bit unoriginal.
Lets see if they make it work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2019 4:47 PM
May 2013
Farmaceut said:
shanimebib said:

thats my guess to, also going with Itsuki for the one in the other picture
Feb 28, 2019 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
Well the fireworks episode already hinted about the childhood friend destiny trope, but this episode straight up confirmed it. That's the last thing I want from a harem anime.

Glad to see the girls, especially itsuki and nino, softened up towards the MC, and he starts to understand the girls and knows how to manipulate them.
Feb 28, 2019 5:01 PM

Nov 2016
So Nino is into bad boy Fuutarou ? Uff xD Well, I really enjoyed this episode as a whole and the plot progression.

It was also great to have more focus on Yotsuba.

Ah and the fact that Mikus cooking sucks lowers her waifu value.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2019 5:02 PM

Dec 2014
Yes! Sleeping Nino, Nino in pajamas, all those glorious leg shots. I approve of this episode. XD

So Fuutarou's first love is one of the twins, wonder who it is. It certainly is difficult to guess who the quints are from that picture. XD
Feb 28, 2019 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
Yotsuba’s confession got me. But after she said it was a joke and ran away I reminded myself she cant lie. I think Yotsuba really is in love with him (first hints were when they first met in episode 1 I believe) and it all does add up. And based on futaro’s confussing reaction yotsuba got scared and said it was a lie. Then she ran off, I mean why would she run off otherwise other than embarrassment. This is just a theory of mine... Yotsuba is the one who has never left his side and when she declined the basketbal club offer it shows that she really does care and knows whats up.

Also at the end when its revealed that the girl from the photo is one of the quintuplets at a younger age.. nino didn’t recognize young futaro which means it wasn’t her who met him back then. Which leaves us with 4 left. Personally I think it might be Itsuki or Yotsuba.

plz @ me
Feb 28, 2019 5:28 PM
Jul 2015
Looks like we got the winner bois
Feb 28, 2019 5:38 PM
Sep 2011
Question for the manga readers:
In which chapter did Nino see Fuutarou's student handbook?
Feb 28, 2019 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
well they pulled that card on us at the end huh ,well this mystery childhood troupe is a big troll everyone looks either the same or completely different back then.

was a bit odd Nino was gushing over younger Fuutarou though i can already see the implications later on once she not only realizes its him but him as a kid lol.
Feb 28, 2019 6:04 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
So Nino is into bad boy Fuutarou ? Uff xD Well, I really enjoyed this episode as a whole and the plot progression.

SMFH
not knowing about gap moe

tfw even yotsuba know shes gonna lose
reeeeeeeeee
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 28, 2019 6:29 PM
Mar 2017
Despite some defects of animation the episode was great, I laughed a lot and Yotsuba finally had the episode she deserved.
Miku is a best girl, it does not matter that her croquettes are like charcoal, i would eat them with all my happiness, but in the case of Fuutarou, he had to eat until he got sick.
I love Yotsuba, the second best girl, her child personality and that way to help whoever asks her I like it a lot, besides she is not good at lying, I found it super cute, but she managed to trick Fuutarou, ufff and in what way, when she told him that she loves him, I said to myself, "What, when did that happen?" and the worst were the consequences, now Fuutorou will have trust issues with these quintuplets. But despite that her lovely smile when she said "it's a joke" ... damn, I would love to see more often a smile so beautiful.
The part of the library had very good times, like Yotsuba's reaction with Fuutarou's mask, this girl is so distracted, she is so funny. Ichika is very evil, how she dares to threaten Fuutarou with sharing that photo with her sisters, but in the end she achieve that Miku give us a very adorable smile, I also loved the evil laugh of Yotsuba in Fuutarou's mind.
Fuutarou had to get the mail from Itsuki and Nino, the most difficult to deal with, but Fuutarou is a genius to trick people and Itsuki was tempted through the adorable Raiha and Nino give up easily by the manipulation of the good Fuutarou. Today Yotsuba had a notorious change, since we saw how she refused something that she was asked so that she could study, which is very good, now she knows that she must worry about her own future and well-being.
Seeing Nino sleeping so nicely was cute, but Fuutarou needs to change his attitude even though Miku has given him permission to enter Nino's room.
Wow ... I did not think we would have an element of Nisekoi in this anime, the coincidence that Fuutoarou and one of the Nakano sisters met when they were kids does not seem like a bad idea (let's be honest, the anime has the luxury of using cliches , let's accept it in silence and enjoy it), but it made me laugh to see what Fuutarou looked like when he was a kid, blond and with his ear pierced, now I understand why he warned Nino. Anyway now things will get very interesting, since one of the girls met Fuutarou and he seems to be fond of that girl, Loli Nakano sisters were so cute dress with the same clothes and the same hair color, I find it hard to know who is who.
In the next episode we will have hot springs and that means we can contemplate the perfection of the bodies of the spectacular Nakano sisters. I think they'll give me a heart attack when I see those round butts, those well-made thighs and those firm, well-proportioned breasts.
Feb 28, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2016
Golden_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

SMFH
not knowing about gap moe

tfw even yotsuba know shes gonna lose
reeeeeeeeee

Whether I'm familiar with the concept or not, the particular circumstances surprised me hehe. But nice try :-*

her loss is justified

Also, thank God that they decided to go for their individual hairsytles.
FMmatronFeb 28, 2019 7:52 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2019 6:41 PM
Aug 2010
Farmaceut said:

I tried to think which ones which, but after reading Farmaceuts post - 100% agree, thats how i c them 2.

As for original first girl he met and took photo with AND his future wifu - Ichika guys, Ichika, telling you! #teamichika
Feb 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Mar 2017
They just repeated the stillshots at the end
Feb 28, 2019 7:21 PM

May 2013
So Nino is now eliminated since she din't recognized the past Fuutaro
Feb 28, 2019 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
If the trope is to be trusted, it's always the first girl, i.e., Itsuki is the one in the photo.

If you're going by the picture of all 5 of them and match up the smile and the hand used to make the peace sign (mouth open, right hand), it's the quintuplet 2nd in from the right... again, probably Itsuki, but then maybe Nino?

I'm taking what Nino said about Futaro's handbook photo with a grain of salt.
-Trippwire-Feb 28, 2019 7:48 PM
Feb 28, 2019 8:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That troll face from Yotsuba was comedy gold XDDDDDDDDD Man this episode was funny

But I have a question for manga readers.....In the manga, did they reveal which sister it was in the picture (I'm guessing its not Nino given what happened when she saw the picture)
Feb 28, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2010
Farmaceut said:
shanimebib said:

Wonderful, it's my guess too. By their mimic and posture lol.

Feb 28, 2019 9:02 PM

Feb 2018
It looks like after a thorough deduction only Yotsuba and Itsuki are the ones that are still in the game.

Edit: Itsuki still has a higher chance as she has the most "Main Heroine Element".
And the way she cries after getting lost, probably she is the one Uesugi helped when she got separated from her sisters. I mean no one will resist helping a crying girl.
KirishibaFeb 28, 2019 10:49 PM
Feb 28, 2019 9:25 PM

Nov 2007
DangoDa1kazoku said:

Huh. When you recommended this to me I didn’t expect it to turn into nisekoi. I’m not sure if this is good or bad.

When I was reading this manga, I also thought not that again. But that was before I fell in love with it.

Tokoya said:
But I have a question for manga readers.....In the manga, did they reveal which sister it was in the picture (I'm guessing its not Nino given what happened when she saw the picture)

Also, let me throw in some puzzle for you guys at this point as this gets crazy in the manga discussion threads:

A) Seeing her "confess", do you think Yotsuba cannot lie or just good at deceiving?
B) Do you think Nino will get her ear pierced before the wedding or not, for the bride definitely has piercings?
C) Do you think Miku will get better at cooking or continue to struggle attaining one of the brownie points of being Fuu's ideal type?
D) Do you think Ichika is good at acting given she aspires to enter the showbiz?
E) Do you think Itsuki is really the "Main" heroine, and the destined one?
F) And finally, do you think the Quint in the pic (let her refer as the Kyoto girl) is Fuutarou's first love?

Man, you guys will have it coming if you continue to judge this for what you see. :P

As for the pic I posted: the answer was already in that post. You'd have to hover and read. I cannot blame you guys but you guys will start getting them right once you read the manga!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 28, 2019 9:31 PM
Jan 2019
miost said:
Farmaceut said:

miost said:
Farmaceut said:

my guess is exactly the same. They really made a good joob at dropping minor details lol.

Dude, this anime turned out to be really engaging lol. Really loving it.
Feb 28, 2019 9:43 PM

Oct 2015
miost said:
Farmaceut said:

Ichika,Miku,Itsuki,Yotsuba,Nino

The first three are easy, the eyes on the 4th being the widest/most open leads me more toward Yotsuba than Nino and that smile on the 5th fits Nino too.

Feb 28, 2019 10:37 PM
Oct 2018
Alright, he should've not ignoring Nino when she was going to show their childhood photos.
Bingki-sanFeb 28, 2019 10:41 PM
Feb 28, 2019 10:50 PM

Sep 2018
DangoDa1kazoku said:
shanimebib said:

Also I think @farmaceut has the right idea with the quints.

Thanks and damn you just opened my eyes with Nisekoi Connection...
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 28, 2019 11:24 PM

Jan 2018
Seems like they skipped the whole dancing thing promise with Ichika.
Mar 1, 2019 12:16 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
When I read the manga, my fav waifu constantly shifting as I progress to the chapters.

Itsuki -> Miku -> Ichika -> Nino

Yotsuba never cross mind. She doesn't have that many spotlight scene in the manga.

However, the ANIME Ver did it. Yotsuba look more appealing in the anime.
Her chara has now shine to be consider as a best girl who always there for MC and accepting him.

Because of the anime...
Nino -> Yotsuba
Mar 1, 2019 12:37 AM

Dec 2009
REEEEE
The constant "who is the gonna be the real wife" baiting is triggering as hell lol!
...I wonder if there is any logic to why their hairs are so diversely and sharply coloured compared to normal...

More of Yotsuba's deep down problems finally start to show themselves as i predicted they would. She seriously lacks self confidence amongst other things.

Their adorable younger selves, i could gobble them all up <3

Plots like these tend to serve as a bit of reminder to me annoyance with the state of modern culture which pointlessly stigmatises or assumes impossible any polyamorous relationships. It's never impossible for everyone to get along, yet people shoehorn arbitrary morals into the picture as if insurmountable and absolute. I'd love to see more stories showing all the twists and turns along the way to everyone being mutually in love and together. As with any true harem plot, it's never about the guy getting a bunch of women, it's about the girls, their unique quirks and situations, and how they all interconnect, and about them finding their love, the male interest is usually more of a vessel - being singularized makes it interesting because it forces the girls to entangle their personalities more.
GenesisAriaMar 1, 2019 12:45 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 1, 2019 1:07 AM

May 2016
Yotsuba's "confession" scene was done really well, kinda reminds me of a certain scene in the manga about a bell........ :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 1, 2019 1:51 AM
Jan 2019
samsann said:
So only one girl knows about him from that picture.

Nino is already out.
Miku doesn't looks like someone who could take pictures with someone.
Yotsuba probably would be in his neck.

But between Itsuki and Ichika....they actually would take that picture.

Wait Yotsuba was way too excited about the camp........AHHHHH

I really can't pick one of them on that photo.
Very clever plot this one, better than Nisekoi IMO.

Anyone can guess who is?
Photo on spoiler below
%99 itsuki %1 ichika
Congintive said:
Seems like they skipped the whole dancing thing promise with Ichika.
yeah wtf is happening it would be a big part of the next episodes but I guess because of the lack of episodes they are skipping the whole thing. but they can add it early of the next episode or as a flashback scene while ichika ask miku is it really ok? ITS IMPORTANT
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

128 by NoUsernamesIKnow »»
Feb 13, 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.