Forum Settings
Forums

2019 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until DEC 15)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2019 2:37 AM
Oct 2017
(I.09) Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 6.5 or lower
that's a difficult one to find :/
any suggestions ?
Feb 24, 2019 2:40 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
Hold on, how have people already finished Expert? Is it normal to complete 70 in two months or are these people just too damn fast?

Some, like me, use short anime, but that shouldn't take away your fun~ Complete the challenge at your own pace.
Feb 24, 2019 3:55 AM

May 2011
(6) Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from
(7) Watch an anime by a studio with 3 to 30 anime in MAL's database

Hello, regarding these two challenges, does the studio have to be in the anime's "Studios" field or it could be in "Licencors" and "Producers" as well? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the terms and if they are supposed to be different from each other.
Feb 24, 2019 4:07 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Ecstrinsic said:
(6) Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from
(7) Watch an anime by a studio with 3 to 30 anime in MAL's database

Hello, regarding these two challenges, does the studio have to be in the anime's "Studios" field or it could be in "Licencors" and "Producers" as well? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the terms and if they are supposed to be different from each other.

It has to be listed as "Studios", otherwise it will be invalidated. Always ask questions when you're unsure~
Feb 24, 2019 6:31 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
FoxPerks said:
@AWC_mod
BADGES DONATE =)

Novice:

Apprentice:

Intermediate:

Advanced:

Thanks for them! Will be adding them later on during the day. That post will be linked for the code of the images~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 24, 2019 7:49 AM

Nov 2014
TitaniaErza105 said:
(I.09) Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 6.5 or lower
that's a difficult one to find :/
any suggestions ?
Hmm, Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera might be worth checking out. It's a very odd style of humor, and it doesn't appear you've watched any of the shows this most closely resembles, so I'm not sure how you'd feel about it. Very hesitant recommendation, because yeah, it's hard to find good stuff for this particular item.

If that one's no good and you're insistent on using that particular challenge item, you might wanna try looking at last year's challenge finishers for ideas. Just click on the user's list and explore the sign-up forms of all the Hardcore forms for Item (91), which is the same as (I.09) for this year.

Hope this helps ~
Feb 24, 2019 9:23 AM

Feb 2017
Hello i have a question regarding item Nr.22 of Apprentice
Watch an anime that mainly takes place outside of Japan, but still on Earth — a real location on Earth; state the country; you can use this blog entry for ideas, but not everything listed is valid. If unsure ask in the discussion thread

So Ra No Wo To should be valid for this right?
It should be in Switzerland but i am not 100% sure its valid.

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Feb 24, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
@ManuelB87
No, this one is not valid for that item. It's set in some kind of post-apocalyptic Earth but you can't name any real countries.
Feb 24, 2019 1:25 PM

Feb 2017
mozgow said:
@ManuelB87
No, this one is not valid for that item. It's set in some kind of post-apocalyptic Earth but you can't name any real countries.

Hmm i dont think thats entirely correct as it mentions a lot of times that it takes place in Helvetia wich clearly translates to switzerland.
the post apocalyttic Earth is the reason why i asked but in that sense shouldnt it be stated that any nonpresent earth is invalid?

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Feb 24, 2019 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
ManuelB87 said:
mozgow said:
@ManuelB87

Hmm i dont think thats entirely correct as it mentions a lot of times that it takes place in Helvetia wich clearly translates to switzerland.
the post apocalyttic Earth is the reason why i asked but in that sense shouldnt it be stated that any nonpresent earth is invalid?
Yes, Helvetia translates to Switzerland, but there is not such country in real-life.

You can wait for @SheyCroix opinion on this, but IMO So Ra No Wo To is invalid for this item.
Feb 24, 2019 2:06 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
mozgow said:
ManuelB87 said:

Yes, Helvetia translates to Switzerland, but there is not such country in real-life.
You can wait for @SheyCroix opinion on this, but IMO So Ra No Wo To is invalid for this item.

@ManuelB87 I rather you use another title since you would need to provide more sources for it to be valid. Although we could go with "Helvetia" as when the Helvetii were under control of the Roman Empire, maps shown on the series locate it in a different place than it should be. Making it different to this world. Ofc I might be miss-remembering, in which case you can go ahead and provide more info.
The problem with that one isn't a "non-present" Earth, but more that there's no clear real location stated and the thing with the map.
Note that it's also considered a futuristic Europe, but taken with a grain of salt, cause the town of Seize is based (I think) on Cuenca, Spain. Which would make it contradictory to try and patch Switzerland and Spain together in the same place.

So this and that and yeah, better use another one?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 24, 2019 8:58 PM

Dec 2015
Hello

(Ap.26) Watch an anime tagged with your least watched genre by time according to Anime+
Can I skip Shoujo Ai?

also if I could have a recommendation for these, please
(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member
Feb 24, 2019 9:08 PM

Sep 2018
SukiiFu said:
(Ap.26) Watch an anime tagged with your least watched genre by time according to Anime+
Can I skip Shoujo Ai?
It'd be nice, but then again I kind of hope not, cause I sat through a really dumb hentai to tick that off.

Technically challenge related, do people sign up for the forums just for this challenge? I've noticed a lot of 1-post people in the signup thread.

Feb 24, 2019 9:17 PM

Dec 2015
Pewpewnathieboo said:
SukiiFu said:
Can I skip Shoujo Ai?
It'd be nice, but then again I kind of hope not, cause I sat through a really dumb hentai to tick that off.

Technically challenge related, do people sign up for the forums just for this challenge? I've noticed a lot of 1-post people in the signup thread.

I do hope yes lol, apparently I watched Akuma no Riddle which was Shoujo Ai, I don't think I knew what it meant back then, can't remember much too
oh yeah I saw that a lot too, participants with one post in the sing up thread
Feb 25, 2019 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
SukiiFu said:
Pewpewnathieboo said:

I do hope yes lol, apparently I watched Akuma no Riddle which was Shoujo Ai, I don't think I knew what it meant back then, can't remember much too
oh yeah I saw that a lot too, participants with one post in the sing up thread

I'm not a fan of Shojo-ai myself but I watched
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22123/Inugami-san_to_Nekoyama-san
and it was cute, not any sexual references (or barely).
So I would recommend that one ^^

Feb 25, 2019 12:50 AM

Feb 2017
SheyCroix said:
mozgow said:

@ManuelB87 I rather you use another title since you would need to provide more sources for it to be valid. Although we could go with "Helvetia" as when the Helvetii were under control of the Roman Empire, maps shown on the series locate it in a different place than it should be. Making it different to this world. Ofc I might be miss-remembering, in which case you can go ahead and provide more info.
The problem with that one isn't a "non-present" Earth, but more that there's no clear real location stated and the thing with the map.
Note that it's also considered a futuristic Europe, but taken with a grain of salt, cause the town of Seize is based (I think) on Cuenca, Spain. Which would make it contradictory to try and patch Switzerland and Spain together in the same place.

So this and that and yeah, better use another one?

The map in the OVA shows it pretty much in the center of the world next to the Francia, Pruissa and Roman Empire
I think with this you could conclude that it takes place in Europe.
I cant disagree that its not clearly stating any place in the current world but rather an old name for Switzerland.
As for the town of Seize you are probably right that its designed after the city Cuenca in Spain. But thats just as far as the designe goes if you ask me.

But i will accept it and change it to App 28 and skip this item entierly^^

AWC_mod said:

Feb 25, 2019 1:17 AM

Jul 2014
SukiiFu said:
Can I skip Shoujo Ai?
No, you can't skip it.

SukiiFu said:
(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member
Dirty Pair
Video Girl Ai
El Hazard: The Magnificent World
Iria: Zeiram The Animation
Feb 25, 2019 1:39 AM

Dec 2015
@Anna_Hiwatari Thank you, if I couldn't skip it I was going to ask for one like what you recommended to me, & since you did, there's no need to skip if it's gonna be normal :)
@jiro-kyoka aww thank you, a lot to choose from, & all in my PTW so good :>

@mozgow Thank you for the recommendation, I was gonna debate for the Ap.26 but since I got an anime recommendation with barely to non sexual reference I'm not..,
SukiiFuFeb 25, 2019 1:46 AM
Feb 25, 2019 1:12 PM

Oct 2011
is this acceptable for an entry?

(Ap.32) Watch an anime with a Roman numeral or Cardinal number in its title — Roman: I, II, III and so on; Cardinal: 1, 2, 3 and so on; can't be in words

Feb 25, 2019 1:14 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Phraze said:

(Ap.32) Watch an anime with a Roman numeral or Cardinal number in its title — Roman: I, II, III and so on; Cardinal: 1, 2, 3 and so on; can't be in words

Yes, totally is.

(character limit)
Feb 25, 2019 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
Yuki-Chan276 said:
Phraze said:

Yes, totally is.

(character limit)

ah, thanks! was kinda worried it wasn't suitable since number shouldn't be in a word. thinking it wasn't, but just making sure.

Feb 25, 2019 3:54 PM

Aug 2016
(Ap.07) In the case of a show where there are two studios listed, one is between 3 to 30 works while the other isn't, is this item valid for use?

(Ap.32) Does "2nd Season" in a title count as a cardinal number?

Thanks in advance!
myhome1207Feb 25, 2019 4:02 PM

Feb 25, 2019 4:06 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
myhome1207 said:
(Ap.07) In the case of a show where there are two studios listed, one is between 3 to 30 works while the other isn't, is this item valid for use?

(Ap.32) Does "2nd Season" in a title count as a cardinal number?

Thanks in advance!

For Ap.07, as long as you state the right studio it's valid. Ap.32 is also valid.
Feb 25, 2019 9:33 PM

May 2015
Hello. I'm in need of Anime shows to fill this criteria:
Any assistance is very much appreciated, although, I'd prefer an Anime around 12 episodes in length; but, 26 episodes would be acceptable as well I suppose.

Thank you.
Feb 25, 2019 9:43 PM

Aug 2017
Olde-Jo said:
Any assistance is very much appreciated, although, I'd prefer an Anime around 12 episodes in length; but, 26 episodes would be acceptable as well I suppose.

Thank you.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica -12 episodes.
Neon Genesis Evangelion -26 episodes.
Shinsekai yori -25 episodes.
Aoi Bungaku Series -12 episodes.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 25, 2019 10:08 PM

May 2015
Nurguburu said:
Olde-Jo said:

Thank you.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica -12 episodes.
Neon Genesis Evangelion -26 episodes.
Shinsekai yori -25 episodes.
Aoi Bungaku Series -12 episodes.
Aoi Bungaku Series is perfect. I've seen the rest. Thanks, pal
Feb 26, 2019 12:49 AM

Sep 2018
(I.29) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July, 2018
ANIME_TITLE
[Original Start Date: | Episodes previously watched: ]
How important is the Original Start Date? I don't have one for any of my dropped things :S

Feb 26, 2019 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
PoNaBo said:
(I.29) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July, 2018
ANIME_TITLE
[Original Start Date: | Episodes previously watched: ]
How important is the Original Start Date? I don't have one for any of my dropped things :S

As I see it on your list, you dropped without watching an episode?? How about on-hold ones?
You can always check your episode history, for both dropped and on-hold. Date needs to be before July 2018 and if you don't have anything, you can always do another task instead... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OhTsuruFeb 26, 2019 1:34 AM

Feb 26, 2019 2:08 AM

Sep 2018
Anna_Hiwatari said:
PoNaBo said:

As I see it on your list, you dropped without watching an episode?? How about on-hold ones?
You can always check your episode history, for both dropped and on-hold. Date needs to be before July 2018 and if you don't have anything, you can always do another task instead... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The ones without any episodes watched are ones I watched a couple a loooong time ago, but didn't have interest finishing; the ones with eps watched are ones I started and stopped since I've used mal.

Where do you see episode history? I think I've been doing it wrong all this time, before I started the awc I'd use this but I noticed it doesn't put dates on anything unless I use this this. Are all the dates for the stuff I used the first one for lost?

Feb 26, 2019 2:18 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
PoNaBo said:
Anna_Hiwatari said:

The ones without any episodes watched are ones I watched a couple a loooong time ago, but didn't have interest finishing; the ones with eps watched are ones I started and stopped since I've used mal.

Where do you see episode history? I think I've been doing it wrong all this time, before I started the awc I'd use this but I noticed it doesn't put dates on anything unless I use this this. Are all the dates for the stuff I used the first one for lost?

You can see the history if you click on the "history" button on the edit entry page. It should display all episodes you manually added as watched. Yes, you usually have to add the watched dates manually yourself. Dates for episodes watched should still be saved automatically if you've added the episodes manually (one by one).
Feb 26, 2019 2:20 AM

Jan 2011
PoNaBo said:
Anna_Hiwatari said:

The history link can be seen in your second screenshot.
"History" next to the episode number.
MAL writes it down whenever you update. So you should be able to see your updates there and then fill in the "start" and "finish" dates.
That's what I did too.
I didn't have those dates anywhere but history link helped me a lot :)

Feb 26, 2019 2:50 AM

Sep 2018
Yuki-Chan276 said:
You can see the history if you click on the "history" button on the edit entry page. It should display all episodes you manually added as watched. Yes, you usually have to add the watched dates manually yourself. Dates for episodes watched should still be saved automatically if you've added the episodes manually (one by one).

Anna_Hiwatari said:
The history link can be seen in your second screenshot.
"History" next to the episode number.
MAL writes it down whenever you update. So you should be able to see your updates there and then fill in the "start" and "finish" dates.
That's what I did too.
I didn't have those dates anywhere but history link helped me a lot :)

#_# Thank you both. I don't know how I've overlooked that. Looks like I'll be going through a lot when I get off work.

Feb 26, 2019 10:46 AM

Feb 2017
Hello i am looking for recommendations regarding the item AP.29
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread — ask for an anime there and link the reply with the recommendation here

Around 12 episodes would be prefered.

AWC_mod said:

Feb 26, 2019 11:35 AM

Feb 2018
ManuelB87 said:
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread — ask for an anime there and link the reply with the recommendation here

Natsume Yuujinchou
Black Lagoon
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Carnival Phantasm
Bakemonogatari
Feb 26, 2019 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
For (Ap.09) Watch an anime in which your favorite voice actor was part of the main cast. Does the main cast mean voiced a main character or can it also be a supporting character?

+ Can someone give me a recommendation for (AP.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread — ask for an anime there and link the reply with the recommendation here.

Preferably around 12 episodes
Feb 26, 2019 2:17 PM

Nov 2014
Yterbium said:
For (Ap.09) Watch an anime in which your favorite voice actor was part of the main cast. Does the main cast mean voiced a main character or can it also be a supporting character?

Yeah, main cast means they need to be listed as a main character.
Yterbium said:
Can someone give me a recommendation for (AP.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread — ask for an anime there and link the reply with the recommendation here.

Preferably around 12 episodes

Got ya a variety platter, hope you see one you like:

Kubikiri Cycle
Girls' Last Tour
Space Patrol Luluco
Punch Line
My Neighbor Seki-kun
Feb 26, 2019 8:17 PM

May 2015
Hello. I require somebody's assistance on finding an Anime to satisfy these items:
(Ap.19) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters in which more than half are adults
(Ap.20) Watch an anime with at least 3 human children as main characters
(Ap.36) Watch an anime with a special character or symbol in the title

Any assistance for any of the above-listed items will be very much appreciated.
Also, if the series can be around 12 episodes, that'd be a bonus, but, it's not mandatory.

Thanks!
Feb 26, 2019 10:43 PM

Apr 2010
Olde-Jo said:

Joukamachi no Dandelion (Shiori is 4-5, Teru is 6, and Hikari is 10) is exactly 12 episodes long.

It's a weird premise, but surprisingly endearing.
JhidayFeb 27, 2019 2:23 AM
Feb 26, 2019 10:46 PM

May 2015
Jhiday said:
Olde-Jo said:
(Ap.36) Watch an anime with a special character or symbol in the title

Joukamachi no Dandelion (Shiori is 4-5, Teru is 6, and Hikari is 10) is exactly 12 episodes long.

It's a weird premise, but surprisingly endearing.
Thank you, buddy. That should help me knock (AP. 20) off the list. 12 episodes, and somewhat obscure. Excellent.
Feb 27, 2019 12:22 AM

Feb 2017
boredrandomguy said:
ManuelB87 said:

Natsume Yuujinchou
Black Lagoon
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Carnival Phantasm
Bakemonogatari

Thank you for the recommendations i think ill go with Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai or Natsume Yuujinchou

AWC_mod said:

Feb 27, 2019 4:44 AM

Jan 2019
Just wondering - are there any animes folks would like participation/completion banners for not already there? I might make some while I'm bored.
Feb 27, 2019 6:34 AM
Jan 2019
Can I use "Clannad" in the "Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair colors" challenge??? Cause Kyou Fujibayashi, Ryou Fujibayashi have purple hair and is kinda pouple too
Feb 27, 2019 7:07 AM

Jan 2011
PaulinaDeLaMora said:
Can I use "Clannad" in the "Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair colors" challenge??? Cause Kyou Fujibayashi, Ryou Fujibayashi have purple hair and is kinda pouple too

Yup, this will be valid.
3 girls have purple hair, 1 guy has blue

Feb 27, 2019 7:27 AM

Aug 2015
fabulatrice said:
Just wondering - are there any animes folks would like participation/completion banners for not already there? I might make some while I'm bored.

Absolutely yes. This year we've a ton of banners and have noticed an awful trend: either the colors looks awkward, or the font is too small, or inappropriate color, etc.
Feb 27, 2019 11:20 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
fabulatrice said:

Even though we already have a lot, I'd look forward to seeing more of them~

PaulinaDeLaMora said:

Kotomi would count as well, so you can use it.
Feb 27, 2019 1:22 PM

Feb 2017
Hello I have another question
Regarding the item Apprentice 12
Watch an anime that began airing between 2000 and 2009

has the anime to start airing before 2009 or are anime from 2009 like Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
also valid?

AWC_mod said:

Feb 27, 2019 2:11 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
ManuelB87 said:
Hello I have another question
Regarding the item Apprentice 12
Watch an anime that began airing between 2000 and 2009

has the anime to start airing before 2009 or are anime from 2009 like Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
also valid?

If it starts airing in 2009 it is still valid, so that anime is valid.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

36 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

90 by ColourWheel »»
1 minute ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by AxiaG »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

18 by AxiaG »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.