Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, so they're giving some time to develop the relationship between Hina and Natsuo in the form of a date. The important part is how she met Hagiwara though. At least they got that cleared up.

Ooh, also looks like Natsuo and Rui's relationship is becoming more intimate again. Yet, he can't get Hina off of his mind.
Feb 22, 2019 10:08 AM

Dec 2017
actually, what Hina-nee said was pretty legit. kinda reminds me of

but i loled when he discards what she just told him and kisses Rui instead
and well, shit. Hina still can't get over Shuu-san, though it's understandable, him being her fist love and all. though, that scene was pretty kek-worthy

but it's cool that it still shows how flawed her character is, while he tells Natsuo about the hardships of dating between step-siblings, she herself had an affair and continues to have feelings for a married man
uninstallthegameFeb 22, 2019 10:15 AM
Feb 22, 2019 10:15 AM
Aug 2018
Yikes gotta get the holy water out for this episode, absolutely scandalous. Goddamn Hina needs to get her shit together. Also does anyone have any speculations on how many episodes this show is gonna be (manga readers)? Probably just a 1-cour is my bet, I think.
Feb 22, 2019 10:22 AM
Jan 2018
Crackersauce said:
Yikes gotta get the holy water out for this episode, absolutely scandalous. Goddamn Hina needs to get her shit together. Also does anyone have any speculations on how many episodes this show is gonna be (manga readers)? Probably just a 1-cour is my bet, I think.
Don't know why to yikes, incest is wincest! ;) #TeamHina
We don't have info yet, but I bet it could continue this spring with a total of 24 episodes. Just a guess, no facts here, but there's 220 chapters (and it's still not finished) and considering the anime covered 21 chapters yet (not in order however), well, that's that!
Feb 22, 2019 10:24 AM
Apr 2016
Really good episode. I really like the chemistry between the three of them. Of course, Hina & Natsuo can't date, if they did and got found out, it really would be like a double suicide...good way she shew him that it would kill both of them socially... Rui's & Natsuo's relationship is developing, even though it's one-sided. Though, not really great that Natsuo is complying while having someone else...
Feb 22, 2019 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
We all know Hina wasn't thinking about Shuu...
Feb 22, 2019 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Okay I have to say the scenes were extremely well handled especially the voice acting and the direction. I'm still somewhat bugged about the backgrounds and animation but it works.

Surprisingly tense episode. It seems Hina is really conflicted, cause it's obvious that Hina feels something towards Natsuo, but she's confused about Shuu. There's some good depth given to the characters, their pretty flawed obviously. Rui is quite a dense person, but it's surprisingly realistic. In other shows, you wouldn't get those type of lines, instead it'd be some pretty cringy crap. But this was good. Rui being as inexperienced as she is with feelings cuts out those lines quite cleanly.

Have to say I'm enjoying this show alot more than I should. Overall, there are some complex themes revolving around love in this show and it gives rise to some tension. We can all understand Natsuo's motives behind him allowing Rui to kiss him. He's trying to either rebel, fill a hole, or move on. But I have to say the ocean scene was well done, it's good symbolism.

It's tense drama throughout. It's definitely not a fuck fest like Kuzu no Honkai which had more sex than talk in it. Wonder if they keep improving at it cause it'll be approaching some interesting territory.

Rui is an interesting character, she hasn't developed too much, but what we get is that she's comfortable around Natsuo unlike with other people and he's quickly become a part of her life. It's got quite a bit of realism in it and I'm surprised at the fact it's handling it's complex concepts quite decently.
Feb 22, 2019 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
kater_tot said:

Yep, too obvious. But who knows why tf she said Shuu's name. It's bound to put off Natsuo, no wonder he didn't get any sleep.
Feb 22, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2018
kater_tot said:

Well it's bad enough that she left the door open,would be worse if on-top of that she were to say Natsuo's name...
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 22, 2019 10:50 AM

Mar 2017
Tehe I was wishing the whole time not to see that part animated but ya ofc it had to come out lol. kek-worthy hina-nee a.a

And ya ofc we all know studying was not the reason MC-kun stayed up all night as well^^v

Can we talk about the BGM? I've been liking the arrangements especially when it gets blue or tense. Together with blue/brownish frames they've been using, it makes the scenes more beautiful.... in a way. Personally I think so. Room scenes particularly. Like how I felt in Yagakimi.

And gosh I really love Rui's VA Maayayan soo much here. Even more in this episode. Depicts Rui's worry/troubles in understanding her own feelings.
nr101Feb 22, 2019 11:21 AM
Feb 22, 2019 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Farmaceut said:
kater_tot said:

Well it's bad enough that she left the door open,would be worse if on-top of that she were to say Natsuo's name...

Ikr, I mean honestly I was cringing in the manga when I read those bits. But the anime it turned it around, it was surprisingly tense. Idek why.
Feb 22, 2019 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
nilagoreng said:
Tehe I was wishing the whole time not to see that part animated but ya ofc it had to come out lmao. kek-worthy hina-nee ;p

And ya ofc we all know studying was not the reason MC-kun stayed up all night ^^v

surprisingly wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Honestly I didn't want to see it as well.
Feb 22, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2017
Damn this natsuo bastard reminds me of makoto from school days. he just kissed rui after all that drama with hina.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 22, 2019 10:59 AM

Dec 2014
Damn it gets explicit very fast...hmmm
Feb 22, 2019 11:15 AM

Sep 2018
ABDoesThings said:
Farmaceut said:

Ikr, I mean honestly I was cringing in the manga when I read those bits. But the anime it turned it around, it was surprisingly tense. Idek why.

Yeah me too,they kinda built suspense in the anime in the moment before Natsuo peeked through the door...
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 22, 2019 11:15 AM
Oct 2018
ちょっと待って (Wait a minute), was... no... no... was she... POSSIBLY... but can't be... she... was mas- Oh god. Bloody Shu
Feb 22, 2019 11:26 AM

Feb 2018
That's a yikes if i ever see one
Feb 22, 2019 12:04 PM

Nov 2018
thevagus said:
Damn this natsuo bastard reminds me of makoto from school days. he just kissed rui after all that drama with hina.
bruh makoto was way worse xD
Feb 22, 2019 12:08 PM

Nov 2016
I love how they played a beautiful song while she's masturbating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2017
eb2 said:
thevagus said:

Well, I would say that they are simillar considering makato is from hentai novel so he is supposed to be worse XD

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 22, 2019 12:19 PM
Feb 2019
Does anyone know what song was played this episode? (Not the op or ed)
Feb 22, 2019 12:25 PM
Feb 2016
Polmo4real said:

I was also curious, I tried in every way to find, but I did not find
Feb 22, 2019 12:25 PM
Jun 2015
Polmo4real said:

ANN says "Hakanai Kiss de Owarasete" (儚いキスで終わらせて) by Yōko Hikasa
Feb 22, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2015
This episode was so very boring! And who on earth does these things without properly checking if the door is locked? So coincidental like almost everything in this anime, it seems.

Rui being curious about kissing was probably the only highlight, not the kissing itself but the way she just did what she wanted being open and honest with her thoughts on the matter.
Feb 22, 2019 1:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ten said:
This episode was so very boring! And who on earth does these things without properly checking if the door is locked? So coincidental like almost everything in this anime, it seems.

LOL, true that. Though, I have to say that it's not only this anime that falls into this trap. People always seem to leave their doors open just enough for someone to peek in and see the business they're conducting in a load of shows.
While in real life we double lock and put big ass obstacles in front of the door.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 22, 2019 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
Rui deserves better treatment then this dammit XD. Looks like Hina still can't get over dat Shuu boyo. Sounds like an NTR heroine if anything.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 22, 2019 1:32 PM
Mar 2017
The date of Hina and Natsuo was quite pleasant, it felt like a break from all the drama that was experienced in previous episodes. But the beach scene changed everything, especially with Natsuo's question to Hina about her affair with Shuu and I must admit that I was surprised to know that he was Hina's teacher when she was Natsuo's age and that to top it off he was her first love ... what a coincidence (I say it because Natsuo loves Hina who is his teacher).
Hina's school life gave me a lot of pity, some girls love doing drama for stupid little things like that and in the end they ended up hurting poor Hina, but Shuu appears to calm her pain. In the end Natsuo gives Hina his finished novel and confesses that he loves her, but Hina shows him that if they become a couple that would end their lives, but still Natsuo gives her a long hug, as if it were a farewell. It seems the novel Natsio wrote touched Hina's feelings, since she ended up crying while reading.
On the other hand we have Rui who still does not know how to understand her own feelings for Natsuo and when asked to kiss him she seemed cute on her part, although it seems that kiss answered the doubts of her heart.
I laughed a lot when Natsuo and Rui begged Hina to help them study, both seemed very distressed and the conversation about him and Miu made me laugh a lot, Rui sounded like she was jealous.
Wow ... Natsuo finds Hina in a very intimate moment pleasing herself, but he hears that Hina says Shuu's name and that depresses him a bit, but the next day Natsuo was very embarrassed to see Hina and we know is uncomfortable to see someone after seeing them in such a personal and intimate moment.

I must admit that this episode had an excellent job in the setting, they gave it a very melancholic and bitter atmosphere, that classic atmosphere after someone broke your heart, the same with the kiss scene and the scene in which Natsuo discovers Hina pleasing herself, they also achieved an optimal atmosphere and in this I include the music, the lighting and the colors, I hope in the next episodes they will continue to achieve an atmosphere as good as this episode.
salbery755Feb 22, 2019 1:37 PM
Feb 22, 2019 2:00 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That masturbation incident really couldn't have played out any more conveniently for the sake of plot progression lol
Feb 22, 2019 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
The way Natsuo looked at her hand xD

And guys, she obviously left the door open because she wanted some action with the real thing.....

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 22, 2019 2:11 PM
Sep 2014
Im really enjoying this show, episode was ok, but there was one thing that really bothered me...

Who the hell masturbates like that?
Feb 22, 2019 2:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This show makes me even more realize that I hate real sex in anime.
Feb 22, 2019 2:44 PM

Nov 2017
thevagus said:
eb2 said:

Well, I would say that they are simillar considering makato is from hentai novel so he is supposed to be worse XD

Don't agree with you on that one,just because Makoto was from hentai novel does not equate to him being worse,though in your favour,he is a LOT worse than Natsuo,after all on a scale of 1-10 in decency,Makoto's score would be so far below 1,you'd need a thunderbirds mole machine to dig for it.
Feb 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Nov 2017
Pshyne said:
Im really enjoying this show, episode was ok, but there was one thing that really bothered me...

Whichever position floats your boat,I guess :)
Feb 22, 2019 2:46 PM

May 2015
Holy shit. This is all kinds of complicated. And the lack of music isn't helping either. Rui wants to feel it more, and Natsuo has to keep that under control. And when the music started playing, Natsuo just had to hear the one thing that he didn't want to hear. I do understand why Hina said Shuu's name because you don't simply forget your first love. If she said Natsuo though, then things were about to get really nasty. I definitely admire what Hina said at the beach though, meaning that she understands. But she is still a loose cannon waiting to explode. Seriously. I'm just going to hold my tongue here, because there's going to be a whole lot of I don't know that's about to happen and I don't want to say anything to jinx it!
TarotistFeb 22, 2019 2:50 PM
Feb 22, 2019 2:52 PM
Nov 2018

Sorry but someone knows the name of the song that plays at 18:30?
Feb 22, 2019 2:57 PM

Nov 2017
hazZ_x64 said:
Polmo4real said:

ANN says "Hakanai Kiss de Owarasete" (儚いキスで終わらせて) by Yōko Hikasa

I think this is it,it was posted further up-Hot damn,only just realised that's Hina's CV,and she's been the voice for a LOT of my favourite characters!
Liking her a lot more now :)
StarhammerFeb 22, 2019 3:04 PM
Feb 22, 2019 3:01 PM

Nov 2018
Starhammer said:
thevagus said:

Don't agree with you on that one,just because Makoto was from hentai novel does not equate to him being worse,though in your favour,he is a LOT worse than Natsuo,after all on a scale of 1-10 in decency,Makoto's score would be so far below 1,you'd need a thunderbirds mole machine to dig for it.
yeah i agree makoto had 0 decency and is much worse because he just did it with almost every girl in the school xD
Feb 22, 2019 3:04 PM
Jan 2017
Starhammer said:
Pshyne said:

Whichever position floats your boat,I guess :)

lool i guess ur right xD
Feb 22, 2019 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
Things have really gotten tense and complicated now. Damn...

The date that Hina and Natsuo had was fun, but Hina did give Natsuo a slight reality check when he confessed his feeling to her. The comparison that she made about them going out being similar to a double suicide was a bit on the extreme side, but I do understand the reason why she made that comparison, though. At least now that Natsuo is able to move on, hopefully, and was nice to see him give Hina the novel and she liked it.

Later in the episode, though and Rui made her move by wanting to kiss Natsuo on the lips. She gets her wish and she wants to do things like that more often with him. talk about being in an awkward spot for Natsuo now...

However, it was near the end of the episode when we get to see Hina masturbate while stupidly leaving her door open so that Natsuo can see what's happening. Worse still, she mentions Shuu's name during her moans. Despite her solid stance on Natsuo earlier, her true desires have crawled back into her thoughts and it now makes her look really idiotic again. =/

Looks like she needs another reality check herself soon. Either way, great episode and I also like how the OST was used as well, including the insert song playing as Hina pleasured herself. XD
Feb 22, 2019 3:06 PM

Nov 2017
eb2 said:
Starhammer said:

yeah i agree makoto had 0 decency and is much worse because he just did it with almost every girl in the school xD

Totally,but I can see what happened to him,and can relate a tiny bit,sex just seems to have that effect on some people,especially at that early stage,but god,did I hate him!!
I don't think I've ever come across another character,either in an anime,vn,manga,or otherwise,that I really wanted to see dead in the most brutal way possible!
Feb 22, 2019 3:06 PM
Jan 2017
since i have completed the manga the are rushing a bit but the adaption is very good

and oh man it's been a while since i have enjoyed listening to a song like the one was played in the masturbating scene
Feb 22, 2019 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Please close the door while you masturbate!
Feb 22, 2019 3:22 PM

Nov 2017
DaddyKiwi said:
Please close the door while you masturbate!
But what if your into exhibitionism?=Or would that be exHinanitionism?
Feb 22, 2019 3:23 PM

Oct 2016
I just need to say one thing!
Hina most cringed moment.
Feb 22, 2019 4:05 PM

Aug 2013
Art/video direction was kinda strange in this episode. So many fast cuts and unexpected transitions to next scenes. It wasn't really pleasant to be honest.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 22, 2019 4:13 PM

Dec 2014
All I'm gonna say is, that was some spicy stuff. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wouldn't mind some more. XDDD
Feb 22, 2019 5:01 PM
Jan 2019
Anyone knows which chapters of the manga were animeted in This episode?
Feb 22, 2019 5:08 PM
Jan 2018
So tell me truth...was Hina thinking about Shuu san or Natsuo kun when the door was opened??
Feb 22, 2019 5:28 PM

Oct 2015
xRAFAELLx said:
So tell me truth...was Hina thinking about Shuu san or Natsuo kun when the door was opened??
she prolly did that on purpose cuse lets be honest if she wanted to masturbate for real without getting spotted she would close the door no? i haven´t read the manga but im pretty sure she set that up now why? i dont know but prolly cuse she wants him to forget her!? honestly i dont like Hina that much, aside from her being fking with an married dude for a couple of years and now suddently remembers she likes her stepbrother to me seems forced, and rui oh boy that girl is such a confusion of toughts lol.
iTzKenzoFeb 22, 2019 5:31 PM
Feb 22, 2019 6:04 PM

Nov 2016
Hina still slutty as usual, Rui is gorgeous, she wouldnt kiss him if she didnt love him.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

262 by jamesheller9009 »»
Apr 19, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

145 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.