Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 19, 2019 3:54 AM

May 2016
It's my opinion that whoever marries Fuutarou is also "Rena" , the mysterious girl from 5 years ago, and also at the lake.

Ch#42 pretty much eliminates Yotsuba(who was running with her team), Itsuki(who was probably at the Eusugi's), and Nino(who was not only at her apartment, but also cried at his story in Ch#43).

That leaves Ichika and Miku. Both are very good actresses, so either can be Rena, and play it (mostly) straight.

The girl that marries Fuu is also a bit of a klutz(she fell on top of him at the bell in Ch#68.)

That might be Ichika, who stumbled in #65, and might've talked to Fuu as kids in #66. OTOH, the only two girls that flashed right-handed peace signs(the same as Rena did with Fuu when they took their pic together in CH#14) was Nino and Yotsuba.

Of course, Negi may not be consistent with any of this, and have him marry Itsuki..... :' )

Feel free to shoot down any of my theories! ;' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2019 8:23 AM

Oct 2017
It's Miku and it's gotta be Miku. End of discussion.
Feb 19, 2019 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
>Yotsuba(who was running with her team)

That's a red herring, the author just wanted readers to think that. In reality, if we look at that panel closely, it can be seen that she and her team member came from opposite directions, so they were not running together.
More importantly, she seemed unfazed to see Fuutarou drenched like that. Totally out of character for her.

And Rena/yotsuba comparison

For now hints point to Yotsuba(even more if you consider her personality), but we will see.
Feb 19, 2019 10:20 AM
Feb 2016
Imma be mad if Miku doesn't win. If she's the main girl he's marrying and we get a harem ending at the same time, then this will definitely be one of my favorite romance manga series
Feb 19, 2019 7:06 PM

May 2016
Frostbytes said:
>Yotsuba(who was running with her team)

That's a red herring, the author just wanted readers to think that. In reality, if we look at that panel closely, it can be seen that she and her team member came from opposite directions, so they were not running together.
More importantly, she seemed unfazed to see Fuutarou drenched like that. Totally out of character for her.

This is true. Also, when he tried to run away from Rena, she caught him. Wearing high heels. That's another clue that leans toward Yotsuba.
Feb 19, 2019 8:55 PM

Dec 2014
Aren't you all missing a big key detail here that practically eliminates Miku, Ichika and Yotsuba? He only talked about meeting Rena to Itsuki and Nino, unless I forgot the details, he never mentioned meeting a girl in the past to any other than those two. So unless Yotsuba is just playing dumb for the shit and giggles, Itsuki is probably the one. However, Nino could even be a better fit, cause the one time he met Rena is when he got depressed over Nino. Nino's personality fits why she has to "impersonate" someone else because she's a Tsundere. The first to confess and the whole "I don't know this guy in the picture" could just be stuff thrown it to keep us off the trail. My vote is on either Itsuki or Nino, leaning more towards Itsuki just for a safer bet.
TonyicFeb 19, 2019 8:58 PM
Feb 19, 2019 9:42 PM

Jun 2015
Does it really matter who it is? He could just develop feelings for someone else and not care about the childhood stuff. Probably won't happen but you never know.
DessssyFeb 19, 2019 9:56 PM
:)
Feb 20, 2019 11:59 PM

May 2016
After reading #74, I can all but cross off Ichika as Fuu's future wife. At least if we hold to the trope that Villany Will Never Be Rewarded, Long Term.
Feb 21, 2019 12:38 PM

Sep 2018
I think Rena is Itsuki but it will be A Harem ending because we had so many hints for one and the howl thing that the sisters say they are one person together...if its a "normal" ending i actually dont hope itll be Itsuki and instead Nino or Ichika but we just have to wait...
Feb 21, 2019 11:34 PM
Jan 2019
Nahh, Rena and the bride is different
Feb 22, 2019 1:26 AM
Jan 2019
Iam_Jibs30 said:
MA MAAAAAN I hope u are right(I agree with you bride is not rena)
Feb 22, 2019 1:38 AM
Jan 2019
midwiferuler said:
Iam_Jibs30 said:
I have a thought that Rena is Yotsuba and the bride is either Nino or Ichika
Feb 22, 2019 5:19 AM

Jan 2018
Iam_Jibs30 said:
midwiferuler said:

Well, if Rena really is the girl Fuu will marry in the future than Nino doesn't stand a chance because she's the only person who saw Fuu childhood pic and still didn't recognize him.
Feb 22, 2019 8:33 AM
Jan 2019
Congintive said:
Iam_Jibs30 said:

Well, if Rena really is the girl Fuu will marry in the future than Nino doesn't stand a chance because she's the only person who saw Fuu childhood pic and still didn't recognize him.
yeah I think so my guesses bride:ichika rena:itsuki
Feb 22, 2019 11:31 AM
Feb 2018
Remember that their grandad said that Rena was gone, so I don't think Rena is the same person as the bride, maybe at the end they all fusion... okno just joking
Feb 23, 2019 3:06 AM
Jan 2019
JJxd said:
Remember that their grandad said that Rena was gone, so I don't think Rena is the same person as the bride, maybe at the end they all fusion... okno just joking
I think rena is their mothers name
Feb 24, 2019 6:21 AM
Dec 2015
You know, I think Miku is the best girl but I really hope he ends up with Itsuki because I think she’s a better fit for him. If you think about it, Miku, Ichika and Nino are already in love with him and Nino even confessed her love. Yotsuba has already showed signs of being in love with him too. The only one that isn’t yet is Itsuki. So that’s something that really makes me feel like she’s gonna be the one. Like, maybe we’ll have that cliche scene of all the characters confessing to him and he rejects all of them and confessed to Itsuki or something.
Feb 24, 2019 7:32 AM

May 2016
"Rena" impressed Fuu enough the first time that he turned from a punk kid(sorta like a younger version of his father), to the serious student today. Even so, he felt he had not done enough to change, as he tried to run away the second time they met. To me, there's deep-rooted feelings Fuu has for "Rena"(was was in fact the name of the girls' mother).

The key for Fuu to grow is to finally put their needs on the same level as his own, and instead of thinking of them as idiots, think of them as people(even love them, as Gramps suggested.). When he gets to this level, then perhaps he'll figure out who is who, and know the true identity of Rena. I have a hunch it will be the girl that kissed him. (Though I have no concrete proof) :' )
Feb 24, 2019 2:03 PM
Feb 2019
Iam_Jibs30 said:
midwiferuler said:

I also think the bride to be Nino or Ichika, but im not sure about rena, it could be itsuki, or miku it beats me XD.
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Feb 26, 2019 3:59 AM
Mar 2017
Of course rena is one of the quintupelts - but let us drop rena away - it's not necessary that he is gonna marry the girl that changed his life -- we have one clue --- the girl that kiss him in the trip is definitely the one that he will marry : cause he said : from that day i think she is special -- from the girls reactions the only girl she will dare kiss him - is nino - ichika or miku -- but more likely she is nino caused she said that she gonna kiss him to know -- & she is the one that confess to him first -- so it make scence .

But i hope - i hope - i hope

The one who is gonna to marry fuu kun is itsuku - the first girl that met useugi from the quintepulets - i love her so much .
Feb 26, 2019 12:04 PM

Oct 2012
having started watching the anime and i plan to read the manga after the anime is done it just feels like Itsuki is the girl hes going to marry with how the portray her is like the Main chick in the anime. i just have this feeling its gonna be her.

All girls are great btw. I dont have a particular one i want him to end up with. Granted im only on ep 4 and havent touched the one shot or the manga so theres that. I didnt think also that this studious nerd was capable of feeling romance but i guess i'll find out for myself.
Mar 3, 2019 11:08 AM
Apr 2015
To add to the theory that Yotsuba is Rena... Nino had said that all the twins started to change 5 years prior. and the first girl to change was Yotsuba. Uesugi had met Rena five 5 years ago.... he changed his entire look/personality because he met Rena. Why wouldn't Rena also change after meeting him, especially if the two of them had some sort of crush on each other to meet their expectations.

Yotsuba was a clumsy growing up and always getting injured and Uesugi was kind of a bad boy, but overall reliable. According to Rena at least, she thought that past Uesugi was somone that could help her out.

Which sparked Yotsuba to change to try to be more reliable to everyone! She always helps others out, and is super thoughtful. She helps the basketball club, her teachers, classmates... which is why she was so devastated that she flunked out of their elite school, and the rest followed after her. She was a burden to them, she felt.

I think this is why she hasn't confessed (seriously) to Fuutarou because she doesn't deserve his love or to be his girlfriend. Because she failed to become reliable and seriously messed up with their school. She just doesn't feel worthy to him. Which is why she has put so much effort into getting better grades.

Granted this is all speculation, but I truly feel that Yotsuba is Rena, and that she all along has been in love with Fuutarou. From the lastest chapters we've seen we can clearly tell that too..
Mar 5, 2019 8:07 AM

Dec 2013
Itsuki has to be the bride. So many I will nevers. Her approaching him before being hired. etc. If she isn't his bride I will be amazed because everything suggests it to me.
Mar 5, 2019 8:17 AM

Oct 2013
I have a hunch that it's Yotsuba personally.

I just hope they don't cop out and make it Itsuki/Harem ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2019 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
Nino and Miku is definitely a little bit ahead of everyone in terms of development. But Itsuki is like Joker, she can take the story whenever she wants.. I'm fine with either but the only thing I can't stand is Miku getting rejected. I can't.... She is too precious.
Mar 5, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2018
Real identity of rena : Itsuki

"𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚡 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜"
Signature by -Tony-

Mar 5, 2019 10:17 PM

Jan 2018
Fuck those guys who say no Harem it has to be a Harem ending because at this point I can't choose b/w any of them.
Mar 6, 2019 7:58 PM

Oct 2015
Congintive said:
Fuck those guys who say no Harem it has to be a Harem ending because at this point I can't choose b/w any of them.
Alternate endings maybe? although in all honesty I'd settle for one true end over any other type of ending
Mar 6, 2019 9:24 PM
Jan 2019
I think it it obvious that Rena and the bride is different person
Mar 7, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
Not related to the Rena topic but the bride in chapter 68 had earrings and between the sisters, Ichika has one and Nino said that she will surely get her ears pierced before marriage. Not rooting for either of them but what you guys think ?
Mar 8, 2019 5:25 PM

Mar 2017
I don't know much details of what discussion has panned out before, but I had this thought that aligns with the first girl trope. Itsuki wants to be like her mom, also seems to be the one that the author trolls us with before he shows the rest of the girls doing the same thing with Fuutaro. I also recall the grandpa saying Rena, which I am guessing to be his daughter, hence their mother, hence maybe indirectly related to their decision to dress as Itsuki at the inn. Going back to where "Rena" said that it would be the last time seeing him like that maybe we can picture Itsuki as her since she was one of the two that he actually told his story to. Also given the same dialogue it may be possible.

All I'm hoping for is for Miku or Nino to get some happiness.

Rena's ID is 0.

"𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾,
𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸
𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵
𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."
𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽 | 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
Mar 8, 2019 8:54 PM

Nov 2007
Did it cross your mind that Rena is irrelevant to the prospect of being the bride?

The bell kisser on the other hand is definitely the bride. In Fuu's own words, it was only then the bride started to seem special to Fuu.

Bell kisser:

Ichika: Because she wouldn't hesitate to kiss in her disguise as we have seen in the past (behind the van where she was about to kiss in a disguise).

Nino: She would never kiss Fuutarou in her disguise.

Itsuki: Impossible to tell because we don't have any clue about her feelings for Fuu.

Yotusba: Unlike her to be hesitant and act like that but not entirely impossible.

Miku: The most likely candidate because of her apparent hesitance. The clasping of hands, the shaking before the kiss, everything is Miku's trait. Add to that, she was also scared because she knows Fuu identified her once. Also, she has become really calm since the bell kiss chapter.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 9, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2016
Then why did Negi bring back "Rena"? Red herring? That seems kinda pointless. The purpose of Rena is parallel to Gramps; he has to acknowledge himself, and love(show true compassion from the heart) to the girls, as a measure of growth.

The girl that kissed him is "special", Rena was "special"(though he said "goodbye" to her). It would be convenient, plot-wise, if they were the same girl.

We're just going to have to wait to see what happens. As for Itsuki, she has an edge because she's closest to his family, especially Raiha(though Yotsuba wants her to be a sister, lol).
Mar 14, 2019 4:22 PM
Jan 2009
I know who is rena, its miku. You ask me why? Because if u read ch25 of manga, you can see Fuutarou in blond hair without scary mask, look at her reaction to his look, i think she recognize that the boy from kyoto was fuutarou. Its just my theory and sorry for bad english
Mar 14, 2019 9:06 PM

May 2016
Rena=Itsuki confirmed! Let's see how pt.2 shakes out, and if she is the girl who kissed Fuu under the bell.
Mar 14, 2019 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
I really hope Rena isn't the bride because that would mean Itsuki is the bride which would also mean obvious girl wins again.

Anyways, I was hoping Yotsuba would've been Rena since she needs an edge in the race.

She has no chance of wining at all (if she was ever considered to be in the race in the first place lol).
Mar 14, 2019 11:51 PM

Jan 2018
Now that Rena is confirmed to be Itsuki let's see who the girl was who kissed Fuu because that girl will gonna end up as Fuu's wife and I hope that won't be Itsuki but Im for Harem ending.
Mar 15, 2019 1:43 AM
Feb 2015
Alright, time to get this off my chest.

Girl in the Picture: Yotsuba. Clue was in Chapter 66 when Yotsuba mentioned Ichika talking to that one boy ahead of her. Ichika approached the boy first, presumbly Fuutarou, and even did something involving her getting on his shoulders, as referenced in Chapter 28 when Ichika got on Fuutarou's shoulders. However, Yotsuba slipped in and took the picture instead. This is evident by Chapter 77 with how Ichika reacted to seeing the picture as she seems to recognize it, but was contentious rather than nostalgic.

Rena: Itsuki. Right off the bat, Rena and the girl in the picture have to be two different people. Whether opposed, ambivalent or infatuated, if Rena and the girl were the same person, it would still be in her best interest to admit to it. If she were opposed or ambivalent to Fuutarou, admitting it would be a net gain in sociability to otherwise doing nothing. And if she were infatuated, she would get the benefit of meeting him prior. Therefore they are two different people, with Rena having the expressed intent to end the connection as evident by the parting words in Chapter 42. It is pretty much revealed that Itsuki is Rena in Chapter 77 as she was in possession of the picture and the clothes. Most likely, Itsuki found out who bought the charms mentioned in Chapter 34 and sought to end the connection either on behalf of the sister or her own self interest.

Bride: Miku. The bride is the Itsuki that kissed Fuutarou in Chapter 68 with the added confirmation that he did recognize her, stating her to be someone special. It isn't Nino because if Nino kissed you, she would definitely let you know as evident by her declaration in Chapter 60 and her appearance at the bell in Chapter 65. Miku would not be opposed to dressing as Itsuki for the kiss because she was vindicated by Fuutarou recognizing her in Chapter 67. And of course Itsuki would dress as herself because obviously. Beyond the kiss, the bride isn't Ichika because in her normal self-sacrificial personality, she would never be able to let down her stunt in Chapter 74. And Yotsuba has been pretty much out of the running, but given her unencumbered thoughts in Chapter 51, I think she is out. That would leave just Miku and Itsuki. It is most likely Miku because of the latest interaction between Fuutarou and Itsuki in Chapter 77. When Fuutarou reveals that Ichika and Nino likes him, he would have addressed Itsuki's feelings in the same line of thought, if she was indeed the one that kissed him. Additionally, if Itsuki was the one, then her reaction would have been concerning her feelings and not immediately think of Miku's feelings. Therefore, Miku is the bride. Also because the bride looks like Miku.

QED.
Mar 15, 2019 10:06 AM
Feb 2019
Finally confirmed, Itsuki = Rena, Nino = Bride xD

End of disscussion :P
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 17, 2019 1:53 PM
Mar 2019
First I would like to say I’m completely obsessed with this anime and trying to get on the manga but afraid because I don’t want to spoil it. All that said, the very first panel of the manga says that Kuu is remembering the very first day he meet his bride. That means who ever Rena is can’t be the bride just based on the very first page of the manga.

Also, second theory. Maybe he actually marries “Rena” which is the alter persona of ALL the quints so it’s a true harem ending because he actually marries “Rena” and the quints alternate into that persona.
MichaelmikadoMar 19, 2019 6:51 PM
Mar 28, 2019 8:41 AM
Mar 2019
Rena reveal in chapter 79
Mar 28, 2019 9:01 AM

Jan 2018
Johnsuun said:
Rena reveal in chapter 79

Well, that was actually revealed in ch 77.
Mar 28, 2019 8:43 PM

Feb 2019
i would have preferred if there was a harem ending.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 28, 2019 8:52 PM
Mar 2019
at this point Negi Haruba can't just pick one he'll be murdered by some crazy fans.
Mar 29, 2019 3:56 AM
Jan 2011
Fuutarou already figured it was Itsuki.
Apr 1, 2019 8:26 AM
Apr 2019
The only one who actually held hands with fuutaro during bonfire arc was itsuki.

Itsuki already knew fuutaro was the childhood guy since she already met him as rena so the chances of itsuki kissing him in bell of vows is high.

However, since I like harem route the best (Ichika route second but it's quite obvious that itsuki is the bride foreshadowed) it could be that they're all actually getting married to fuutarou in the future since they all want to be together and fuutaro always mentioned "those girls" during the foreshadowing. Not only that, they were all gathered in the church without boyfriends or smth
Apr 4, 2019 5:27 PM
Apr 2019
I really do hope it's Miku cause her hair style is closest to the brides and i really do believe she desirves it because she really is trying so hard and just to see everything fail like that is heart breaking....
If you don't agree with this please tell me why
Apr 6, 2019 3:51 AM
Apr 2016
I think the bride gonna be itsuki

Why?

This manga have 2 ways
Harem or one girl

If it's a a Single girl that gonna be itsuki because she was the first girl we met, and that always finish like that

But the harem end is more possible, because remeber, we saw more than 1 bride dress :p
Apr 6, 2019 6:57 AM

Aug 2010
Suiksuiky said:

Why?

This manga have 2 ways
Harem or one girl

If it's a a Single girl that gonna be itsuki because she was the first girl we met, and that always finish like that

But the harem end is more possible, because remeber, we saw more than 1 bride dress :p
If this is true then the author screwed up because there wasn't to be a "first" girl in this manga as per his interview. Basically the editor's fault. He wanted to create a manga where there is no main girl so we can actually have a harem where all girls have an equal chance.
Apr 6, 2019 11:04 AM
Apr 2016
Ragna92 said:
Suiksuiky said:

Why?

This manga have 2 ways
Harem or one girl

If this is true then the author screwed up because there wasn't to be a "first" girl in this manga as per his interview. Basically the editor's fault. He wanted to create a manga where there is no main girl so we can actually have a harem where all girls have an equal chance.

I didn't know about the intreview anyways i'm pretty sure this manga gonna have an harem end
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.