Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 14, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I have to give Fuutarou some credit for trying his hardest to getting these girls to pass their exams.

I liked the way they gave more confidence to Ichika this episode ever since their incident. Hell, she even gets a headpat as a little reward. The more they interact, feels like the more Ichika is falling for him. That phone conversation Fuutarou had was also hilarious.
Stark700Feb 14, 2019 2:16 PM
Feb 14, 2019 2:33 PM

Dec 2017
ah, yes, they're so easy to manipulate just by naming the qualities you like in a girl, lol
also, poor miku

but hey, at least she got to sleep with Futarou in the same bed :smirk:
uninstallthegameFeb 14, 2019 3:34 PM
Feb 14, 2019 2:55 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So winter finally arrives huh. Its nice that Ichika was able to be honest to her sisters about her aspirations. So their first trial finally arrives. Fitting in that the mid terms will be it. Damm Itsuki's expression changes was so cute. Guess the mid terms really become a bigger hurdle when the girls fathers make it an order. Hmm using provocation to motivate Itsuki huh quite the interesting strategy. Nino's imitation sure was cunning of her. It was amusing seeing Ichika try to push Miku and Futaro together. Still Miku's interest sure is becoming more evident as her question shows. The traits sure made for a potent motivator for the girls though especially Miku. Though the distance between Futaro and Itsuki and Nino have grown wider its nice that he also gained a new ally in Ichika. Lol quite the situation Futaro ended up in during the night.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2019 2:58 PM
Nov 2010
VanishingKira said:
the QUALITY is getting worse.

I came here just to see if I was crazy or if someone else noticed it too.

I'm not sure which would have been better, having good animation from the beginning and seeing it rapidly decline, or just have so-so animation from the very beginning which wouldn't get anyone's hopes up.
Feb 14, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2015
Fuutarou really embarrassed Nino on that staircase, shouting all that stuff without much context.

Fuutarou is honestly still struggling to get all the girl studying together, but atleast he is progressing with Ichika, Miku & Yotsuba.. Yotsuba for me at the moment she really seems to be a comedic relief character. Definitely hoping that will change.

To think the father of the girls wanted to speak to Fuutarou. He's up for a real challenge now.

Ichika is slowly falling for Fuutarou, meanwhile Miku is already sold! God damn, there's Miku cuteness overload in this episode. That ending though, lucky guy that Fuutarou!
Feb 14, 2019 3:08 PM

Feb 2015
Miku is still way ahead in waifu wars. Ichika is pretty cool though, she seems mature or at least acts it. Nino still sucks though.

Itsuki focused episode next week, still love this series
Feb 14, 2019 3:16 PM

Apr 2018
Very Innocent
no random fan service
no exaggerated comedy
no senseless violence
Handful waifus
pure love
SRT1738Feb 14, 2019 3:19 PM
Feb 14, 2019 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
Ichika now is supporting him in his job. Nino is more of a problem than Itsuki now.

Miku still in the lead for me.

So the father of the girls is Kiryu, nice :)

Feb 14, 2019 3:56 PM

Oct 2016
7godeohs said:
VanishingKira said:

I'm not sure which would have been better, having good animation from the beginning and seeing it rapidly decline, or just have so-so animation from the very beginning which wouldn't get anyone's hopes up.

Don't Tell me about, it seems that the Uesugi had a stroke in this part.

A shame the Manga art is so good.
lOgREWAnFeb 14, 2019 4:12 PM
Feb 14, 2019 4:04 PM

Mar 2017
I'm becoming captivated with the ED it really suits the theme
Feb 14, 2019 4:05 PM
Jan 2016
The phone call between Fuutarou and their father was intense!

As Ichika said, Fuutarou and Itsuka are being both stubborns, hope it changes soon!

Miku blushign are always cute, poor Miku she is the total oposite, but she got the chance to sleep in the same bed as Fuutarou, lucky Fuutarou!
Feb 14, 2019 4:18 PM

Sep 2015
Good thing he is already calling the parent "father". Time to take "responsability" for you actions Fuutarou. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 14, 2019 4:23 PM
Jan 2019
Spend the night with five girls, but Uesugi does not flinch xD. I'm glad you're getting much better. What a surprise Miku will have when he wakes up ... LOL
Feb 14, 2019 4:56 PM

Mar 2016
uninstallthegame said:
ah, yes, they're so easy to manipulate just by naming the qualities you like in a girl, lol
also, poor miku

but hey, at least she got to sleep with Futarou in the same bed :smirk:

Miku is best girl in this show, man....don't @ me xD
Feb 14, 2019 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
Ichika steadily gaining points while Miku firmly holding her number 1 spot. Needed Miku reaction at the end.
Feb 14, 2019 5:25 PM

Nov 2016
This is getting more fun with each episode.

It's really a tough race between Ichika and Miku for me. Nino still a pain in the ass. There isn't much reason to care about the other two. Yotsuba is cute in her pajama, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:

It's really a tough race between Ichika and Miku for me. Nino still a pain in the ass. There isn't much reason to care about the other two. Yotsuba is cute in her pajama, tho.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yotsuba besto figte me
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 14, 2019 6:07 PM

Nov 2017
Fun episode again. 5/5

plz @ me
Feb 14, 2019 6:29 PM

Nov 2007

Fuu has such a horrible self-important manipulative personality for a harem rom-com MC that it makes me like him so much more! He reminds me of a certain Keima in a way!

So much for her playing the cupid for Miku lol. Ichika's down!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 14, 2019 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
7godeohs said:
VanishingKira said:

Yah it was super noticeable this episode. Within the first 2 minutes. Lots of cheap animation techniques, too.
-Trippwire-Feb 14, 2019 7:45 PM
Feb 14, 2019 7:44 PM
Aug 2017
Perfect fot Valentines Day! Omg haha so cute. Poor itsuki though :/ she was crying.
Feb 14, 2019 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
Yet another week in this adaptation and they still miss the key detail that should have been introduced almost 3 weeks ago in this series regarding how Fuutarou wound up being the tutor of these girls. Debating on whether or not to just drop this shit and read the manga all the way through.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 14, 2019 8:14 PM

Nov 2016
Golden_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yotsuba besto figte me

She's cute and cheerful. Enough good qualities, but she needs more screentime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2019 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
so when does Nino supposedly get good? because is still very irritating

the three stooges are still favorable to watch while Itsuki is still 50/50...her stubbornness (MC's as well) is very tiresome but she has her moments like when she was studying by herself

MC should just tell them all the truth even though Itsuki knows his situation...but then again we wouldnt have a series
Feb 14, 2019 8:38 PM

Apr 2013
I'd pay good money for Miku's bedsheets.

Before dude hopped on them, that is.
Feb 14, 2019 8:47 PM

Feb 2017
i wish they make a 2 cour series, we are at 6 ep and so much to explore
But, from the degrading production quality it is seems to be hard / impossible

i hope they keep the quality until last episode, particularly the art composition and keep off bad animation / derp face

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 14, 2019 8:50 PM
Mar 2017
Quite funny today's episode, Fuutarou has a quite complicated challenge and he already have two of the quintuplets that are complicating Fuutarou's attempts.
Before I loved Itsuki, but I think she's getting very stubborn, but it's also Fuutarou's fault, but the point is that Itsuki stays in the past, gets carried away by the first encounter with Fuutarou and now she wants him away when now He is willing to teach her, in other words this two need to swallow their pride and work together.
On the other hand, I find Nino more unpleasant and annoying, the worst thing is that now she knows that if they fail the exams, her father will fire Fuutarou, which Nino is very happy about.
Today all the girls had their spotlight, but the ones that shone the most were Yotsuba, Ichika (I'm starting to like her) and the beautiful and adorable Miku.
Ichika today proved to be the most mature of the sisters, I love that she helped Fuutarou to get along better with her sisters, she is also making him notice Miku, now she looks more relaxed.
Yotsuba today continues to show that childish and laid-back personality that she has and like a lot, in addition to looking super cute and adorable with that bear pajamas.
Miku in pajamas is super hot, that cleavage looks very nice, I love seeing her with her face blushed, Ichika keep teasing her with ideas to get the attention of the dense of Fuutarou, she also gave me a bit of pity when she said she did not fit in the likes of Fuutarou, but even so she won a head pat, which made her super happy, the same with Ichika, today the good girls received head pats, although Yotsuba did not have one. The end of the episode was spectacular, I suspected that Miku would return to her room, but even so it was very funny the reaction of Fuutarou and also very lucky to wake up with that beautiful girl next to him.
Feb 14, 2019 9:26 PM

Dec 2014
After the last scene, all I can say is. Fuutarou you lucky guy. XD
Feb 14, 2019 9:40 PM

Mar 2016
-Trippwire- said:
7godeohs said:

Yah it was super noticeable this episode. Within the first 2 minutes. Lots of cheap animation techniques, too.

I just hope the studio don't drop this to "My Sister, My Writer" animation quality values.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 14, 2019 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
dannymilk said:

Umm. She was listening carefully when he was pointing out what he likes in a girl, no?

Jokes aside, she had been the least popular in the manga as well. You just have to
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 14, 2019 10:21 PM

May 2015
I wish I could sleep on Yotsuba's bed. That sleepwear bear suit was so cute, she's indeed best girl.
Feb 15, 2019 12:04 AM

Jun 2017
Nice and fun episode today. Lucky Fuutarou, I wish I could sleep with Miku too.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 15, 2019 12:54 AM

Jan 2018
Good episode just for getting to hear Takaya Kuroda as the Father. That man's voice makes me moist.
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 15, 2019 1:13 AM

Apr 2012
nZk_o1 said:
Ichika now is supporting him in his job. Nino is more of a problem than Itsuki now.

Miku still in the lead for me.

So the father of the girls is Kiryu, nice :)

YES so glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed this hahahaha I was like oh shit he better be worried. Couldn’t have chosen a better voice actor for him hahah XD

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 15, 2019 1:41 AM

Nov 2017
So fuuny episode. Miku still the best girl.

Feb 15, 2019 3:42 AM

Dec 2009
Oh my, the end of that ep, had me giggling like a little girl X3

I would love to have these 5 wonderful cuties to deal with, difficulties/troubles and all.

FMmatron said:
Golden_Scarlett said:
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yotsuba besto figte me
She's cute and cheerful. Enough good qualities, but she needs more screentime.
Her turn for attention and development is further down the road.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 15, 2019 3:48 AM

Jul 2014
An okay episode, but can someone enlight me why Itsuki is crying tho, did Fuutarou words really hurt her so much?

And btw both of them really should swallow their pride and stop being stubborn, but as i can see at least Fuutarou wants to apologize and teach her meanwhile she stands still with her stubborness, i am curious how he handle her in the next episode..

And once again, i still can't stand Nino, many people said she is more likeable now in the manga but for now she is just an annoyance in this anime, still can't wait to see her progress as well..
Feb 15, 2019 4:57 AM
Jan 2018
Crocospect22 said:
An okay episode, but can someone enlight me why Itsuki is crying tho, did Fuutarou words really hurt her so much?

And btw both of them really should swallow their pride and stop being stubborn, but as i can see at least Fuutarou wants to apologize and teach her meanwhile she stands still with her stubborness, i am curious how he handle her in the next episode..

And once again, i still can't stand Nino, many people said she is more likeable now in the manga but for now she is just an annoyance in this anime, still can't wait to see her progress as well..

I think it's because she's having trouble but she's to stubborn to ask for help
Feb 15, 2019 5:04 AM
Oct 2016
the animation art more decrease, but this episode is the best.
next episode will focus on itsuki(aka best girl with having best seiyuu(aka hestia rem my love!!).
and yeah, midterms is the moment when this anime going to be end by.

hope this anime getting season 2
Feb 15, 2019 5:17 AM
Oct 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Crocospect22 said:

I think it's because she's having trouble but she's to stubborn to ask for help

it said from the begining, itsuki want to be teach by fuutarou itself but fuutarou ended decline, and when fuutarou want to teach him it's natural itsuki decline him as a instructor. itsuki in this episode seeing fuutarou just for money not by his will(maybe itsuki want to be teach not by money but his will but well... you know fuutarou circumstance and she know too)
Feb 15, 2019 5:32 AM
Jan 2019
So...

Is the current waifu rankings like this?
1st - Miku
2nd - Ichika
3rd - Yotsuba
4th - Itsuki
5th - Nino

Coz I'm really shipping with Uesugi and Miku eversince that Sengoku stuff, especially after what happened at the ending... 😏
Feb 15, 2019 5:56 AM

Jul 2014
It was pretty obvious that Nino was going to find out about the ultimatum Futaro's facing, and now that she has it's going to be incredibly difficult for Futaro to do anything about it as al she has to do is refuse to study. More importantly though, the issues he and Itsuki are having need to be worked out if he's going to get anywhere with them all. At least he's making progress with the other three (though I'm sure Ichika trying to help Miku won't last too long based on her reaction on the balcony).

Just hoping that next week's episode doesn't create some silly drama out of Miku going back into the bed Futaro was sleeping in (I wonder if she did that on purpose or by accident?).
Feb 15, 2019 6:34 AM

May 2018
Imagine you are on the edge of cliff, and in front of you are bunch of foxes. That's what happen to Uesugi. Now he must do everything to save his job (and his family's hope, if you want more intense).

He already got 3 out of 5, the rest is the toughest. Made Nino know about it is just make it worse. What he will do then ?

Ichika and Miku now getting closer. Ichika now act as a cupid to make Miku closer to Uesugi, although herself is also develop feeling to him. See how mature she is ? That's 1+ to "Why I love Ichika" point.

<-------------->

el_morris said:

I just hope the studio don't drop this to "My Sister, My Writer" animation quality values.

I still believe that the level of animation drop isn't as bad as 1st season of 3D kanojo

dannymilk said:

Still long way to go, sir. Still long way to go.
Feb 15, 2019 6:59 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know how it's like in the manga, but the pacing in this anime is just soooooo slow. I doubt we'll get anywhere at the end of the season.
Feb 15, 2019 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Miku's development has been amazing. Ichika was like the best Wingwoman for Miku! Until Fuutaro patted her on the head and now looks like she's in the race for Fuutaro's heart.

Miku is still best girl. OPPOSITES ATTRACT! So for Miku being the complete opposite of Fuutaro's sister is a good thing!

The ending was a little predictable when Miku went to the bathroom, but it's SO GOOD!
SoraSenpaiFeb 15, 2019 7:32 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 15, 2019 7:38 AM

Feb 2018
The bride seems to be Nino.
I don't know how but some hints are been dropped off in favor of her.
Like Uesugi narration and playing color trick with her hair by different lighting.
Feb 15, 2019 7:44 AM
Jan 2016
I saw a huge progress, man...I still hope Itsuki and Nino can join them as soon as possible. Itsuki has pride, a high one and Nino, she is interested with Futaro's method but I think she just didn't like to study. The festival has really made a huge impact.
Feb 15, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:

dannymilk said:

Still long way to go, sir. Still long way to go.

shanimebib said:

Umm. She was listening carefully when he was pointing out what he likes in a girl, no?

Jokes aside, she had been the least popular in the manga as well. You just have to

oh dear...gotta check out the source material after in that case since this show looks like its leaning towards having only one season
Feb 15, 2019 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
well liking the series more and more as the series progress....nice
Feb 15, 2019 10:09 AM
Oct 2018
HalfHalfBastard said:
I don't know how it's like in the manga, but the pacing in this anime is just soooooo slow. I doubt we'll get anywhere at the end of the season.

This is a character driven manga so the mangaka dont insert random slice of life chaoter to extend it. Taking character development slow is one of the strong point of this manga
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.