Forum Settings
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Movie: Orion no Ya Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2019 2:28 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the movie was very heartbreaking. Poor Bell have to single-handledly kill Artemis, who he sworn to protect at all cost. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

The movie is by far the best so far in the series. Good pacing and such but it's a pity they didn't really show in detail how Artemis got done in by the enemy first. Guess I'll start reading the LN to piece all the info before that arc happened. This movie Artemis is definitely the best character and seeing Bell in so much pain when he had to kill Artemis was also very sad moment. Shed a few manly tears during that scene.

Somehow I knew that when Bell and gang got attacked by some mysterious light, that attack belonged to Artemis and I was right after seeing Hestia confronted Artemis since Artemis and Hestia are best friends.

Definitely will watch it again in cinema when I have the time. Sinply the best arc that's animated so far. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。 Took 1 point off for not ending it happily.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Feb 17, 2019 9:57 PM
Oct 2016
Jiharo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Damn, the movie was very heartbreaking. Poor Bell have to single-handledly kill Artemis, who he sworn to protect at all cost. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

The movie is by far the best so far in the series. Good pacing and such but it's a pity they didn't really show in detail how Artemis got done in by the enemy first. Guess I'll start reading the LN to piece all the info before that arc happened. This movie Artemis is definitely the best character and seeing Bell in so much pain when he had to kill Artemis was also very sad moment. Shed a few manly tears during that scene.

Somehow I knew that when Bell and gang got attacked by some mysterious light, that attack belonged to Artemis and I was right after seeing Hestia confronted Artemis since Artemis and Hestia are best friends.

Definitely will watch it again in cinema when I have the time. Sinply the best arc that's animated so far. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。 Took 1 point off for not ending it happily.

How long was the movie??
Feb 18, 2019 6:28 PM

Oct 2012
xFresh11 said:
Jiharo said:

How long was the movie??

1 hour and 22 mins.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Feb 18, 2019 8:34 PM
Oct 2016
Jiharo said:
xFresh11 said:

How long was the movie??

1 hour and 22 mins.

aww.. that´s short :( but maybe this length have a meaning and we will get 2 cour anime !!?
Feb 19, 2019 10:33 AM
Feb 2019
When it is going to be released in India? I mean with English subtitles
Feb 19, 2019 5:25 PM

Mar 2018
Saurabh_941 said:
When it is going to be released in India? I mean with English subtitles

I'm not sure they gonna release it in India.
According to their tweet, the movie will be released below areas.

North America, UK, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand. To be detailed.

source:
https://twitter.com/danmachi_anime/status/1093351873535369216
kabayanluvsleepFeb 19, 2019 6:05 PM
Mar 5, 2019 1:30 AM
Jan 2018
Jiharo said:

This is anime original and not connected on the Light Novels the movie is pretty much filler .

Artemis is anime orginal character . And there are inconsisntansys with the movie that shouldn't even be possible till vol 11/12
Mattinator95Mar 20, 2019 10:17 AM
May 12, 2019 1:44 PM
Jan 2019
kapan di rilis di indonesia
anime_otaku
May 18, 2019 5:01 PM

Mar 2016
Just went to see it in a Cinépolis complex here in TJ, MEX. Totally liked this movie. There's a new quest and our guy Bell Cranell is the chosen one for it. We have a lot of comedy, Bell and Hestia carried the most part of it with the new girl, the goddess Artemis. And of course, we get to see some action from the characters we know. I like danmachi and had a good time while was watching the movie, so I would recommend it to any fan of this series.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 19, 2019 6:20 AM
Aug 2016
I've been waiting this movie to be released in English for a long time..
I can't wait any longer but I have to..
I hope it can be released soon..
Jun 15, 2019 2:28 AM

Sep 2012
Not bad! Well, actually kinda bad. The drama about the goddess, Hestia and Bell felt like it dragged on for too long, and i didn't really feel the spirit of adventure, which felt like took up the majority of the movie. The rest of the chars didn't really do anything besides there usual simple quirks.

There were moments that looked kinda pretty, and there was also attack of the cgi scorpion monsters, tbh the majority of the action scenes were boring. There quiet moments tended to look better like Hestia and the goddess girl talking in the tent. My fave moment was when Bell and the new goddess girl were talking at the lake, I thought it looked nice and felt like the movie was finally getting to its point. I actually did get the feels at the end, I felt sad for Bell having to 'save' the goddess girl. Hestia is still bestia! 4/10
Jun 15, 2019 2:32 AM

Sep 2013
Man, that was trash. It contained too many of my gripes/pet peeves when it comes to anime and there was nothing I can think of about the film that I liked. It was quite the boring cinema experience, tho I did it to myself knowing it wasn’t going to be a film I’d enjoy. 1/10
Jun 17, 2019 5:26 AM
Jan 2018
this movie is basically filler the only thing that it does that concerns season 2 is that it teases a few characters that will appear ,

you don't need to see this to watch season 2
Mattinator95Jun 17, 2019 6:00 AM
Jul 2, 2019 12:38 PM
Jan 2019
Too dramatical, the fight is kinda lame. Arcanes just get 1 shotted by Artemis, i wish it's like the first one is failed, second attempt and then last attempt to finish it with the bow :9.
Jul 4, 2019 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
Quality movie in my opinion. The fight itself was extremely anticlimactic and the connection between Bell and Artemis was obviously hyper accelerated, but the build up was nicely done, and I thought it did well to properly convey the emotions and the heartbreak. Given how Artemis said she won't be reincarnated for centuries, it's very unlikely that we see her come back in this series. That being said, I'd honestly welcome a spinoff/sequel with Bell (reincarnated) being her familia.

Freyja and Hermis continue to play their mysterious but vital roles in the story. I actually like how they operate both in the background and foreground (compare to, say, Uranus operating entirely in the background) and hope they continue to get screen time in the coming season.

As somewhat of an aside, I understand Hestia's role and importance in the series, but man does she just annoy me. Most of her lines revolve around being jealous and at some point it just gets flat and uninteresting. Same with Lefiya really. They're going to remain in the series for reasons but not a real fan of either.
Jul 5, 2019 7:19 AM
Jan 2018
zannett said:
Quality movie in my opinion. The fight itself was extremely anticlimactic and the connection between Bell and Artemis was obviously hyper accelerated, but the build up was nicely done, and I thought it did well to properly convey the emotions and the heartbreak. Given how Artemis said she won't be reincarnated for centuries, it's very unlikely that we see her come back in this series. That being said, I'd honestly welcome a spinoff/sequel with Bell (reincarnated) being her familia.

Freyja and Hermis continue to play their mysterious but vital roles in the story. I actually like how they operate both in the background and foreground (compare to, say, Uranus operating entirely in the background) and hope they continue to get screen time in the coming season.

As somewhat of an aside, I understand Hestia's role and importance in the series, but man does she just annoy me. Most of her lines revolve around being jealous and at some point it just gets flat and uninteresting. Same with Lefiya really. They're going to remain in the series for reasons but not a real fan of either.

lefiya is only in the spin off series sword ortoria she isnt in the main one . and also Artemis is an anime original character shes only been in this movie and i assure you we will see plenty of freya and hermis in season 2 ( the PV shows that )
Jul 5, 2019 8:23 AM
Feb 2017
without any spoilers! Should i finished Sword oritoria before watching this! (i watched the first 2 episodes then got bord)
Jul 5, 2019 10:41 PM

Feb 2017
i feel a little bit underwhelming, like average anime movie.
no epic moment whatsoever, too many anime movie cliche and dramatic encounter and depart

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 6, 2019 6:30 AM
Jan 2019
Such a heartbreaking ending... T-T
Jul 6, 2019 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
This was a decent movie overall, not that great. 5/10.

So Bell Cranel was chosen and he went along with his usual gang and Hermes's family. The main monster that Bell defeated was kinda disgusting tbh.

RIP Artemis.

Jul 6, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2010
is this movie even canon?
Jul 6, 2019 8:38 AM
Jun 2019
Jiharo said:

what'sss with the spoiler... -_-
Jul 6, 2019 8:40 AM

Oct 2012
Achtzehn said:
Jiharo said:

what'sss with the spoiler... -_-

This is the DISCUSSION thread. Why are you looking here when you have not watched it?

You only have yourself to blame.
Jul 6, 2019 11:43 PM
Dec 2017
I didn’t really like it that much. They tried to tease and build up suspense about Artemis’s “death” but everyone probably knew that she was going to “die”. Also never seen someone cry so much after saving someone. And who else wanted to see the arrow in the sky shoot something?
ZenLJul 6, 2019 11:46 PM
Jul 6, 2019 11:51 PM

Oct 2017
Well it was gd to see the gang back after so long.Hestia was as hot and cute as ever.The new character artemia was an interesting one. She was cute and hot and also in a short time she left a gd impression on me. Damn I freaking knew she was gonna die , she was giving that vibe from the start.Too bad for Bell he had to kill the girl he swore to protect. I wanted to see more of her but not gonna happen. Anyway looking forward to s2.
MegamiRemJul 6, 2019 11:59 PM
Jul 7, 2019 7:50 AM
Jul 2019
I just created an account because the ending was completely retarded and nobody seems to notice it. I also need to let out my frustrations. At least, nobody said anything about how the ending didn't make sense, only that it was sad.
There was no need at all to kill Ártemis. Bell just needed to get her out of the monster's body. "The monster absorbed her power, so he needed that spear to kill him alongside her." Well, he clearly broke up the crystal before killing her, so he could just take her out of there. "The monster absorbed her power permanently. He would still have the power to threaten them." 1 - So? If that's true just kill him with the spear after you take Ártemis out of there. 2 - If the monster had already absorbed her power permanently, why was she still there? He shouldn't have the power permanently. Once again just take her out of there and now you can defeat it even with conventional weapons. "She was already dead." Clearly she wasn't because she was with her eyes closed when she was stuck, but when she was released she opened her eyes and she was even crying. Besides, if she was already dead, it wouldn't make any sense making a huge deal out of that scene.
The movie to me was great until the end. That ending didn't make any sense at all. They just did that clearly to impact the audience, nothing more.
Jul 7, 2019 9:57 AM
Mar 2015
Oh know he killed the goddess. he was only able to beat Antares when he glowed with the spirit of Artemis and as Orion he was able to use the sword which was her arrow
Jul 7, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
Except the end situation (I won't spoil but everyone who watched it know what I'm talking about), movie was great I like Bell Cranell danmachi story and his way from nothing to "hero" (Ais season wasn't interesting for me at all).
Jul 7, 2019 11:13 AM

Nov 2016
Zinorc7 said:
I just created an account because the ending was completely retarded and nobody seems to notice it. I also need to let out my frustrations. At least, nobody said anything about how the ending didn't make sense, only that it was sad.
There was no need at all to kill Ártemis. Bell just needed to get her out of the monster's body. "The monster absorbed her power, so he needed that spear to kill him alongside her." Well, he clearly broke up the crystal before killing her, so he could just take her out of there. "The monster absorbed her power permanently. He would still have the power to threaten them." 1 - So? If that's true just kill him with the spear after you take Ártemis out of there. 2 - If the monster had already absorbed her power permanently, why was she still there? He shouldn't have the power permanently. Once again just take her out of there and now you can defeat it even with conventional weapons. "She was already dead." Clearly she wasn't because she was with her eyes closed when she was stuck, but when she was released she opened her eyes and she was even crying. Besides, if she was already dead, it wouldn't make any sense making a huge deal out of that scene.
The movie to me was great until the end. That ending didn't make any sense at all. They just did that clearly to impact the audience, nothing more.
I also agree with this statement, when I was watching I said the same why the hell he won't get her out of that crystal.
Jul 8, 2019 1:41 AM

Jan 2008
hiraishinx said:
Zinorc7 said:
I also agree with this statement, when I was watching I said the same why the hell he won't get her out of that crystal.

Yeah, I'm not actually sure why that had to happen either. Was in a vegetative state and this was a mercy killing? It was really sad, but yeah, I wasn't sure why he had to stab her either. Was her life linked to the monsters, so he had to kill her to actually kill the monster? The move was only 82 minutes long. They could have spent 3 minutes more to give better context.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 8, 2019 1:45 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty fun and enjoyable movie that came out probably to get some hype back for Season 2 and honestly I'm all for any DanMachi content I can get lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 9, 2019 2:39 AM

Jul 2014
Somehow I'm glad I skipped this movie, the directing and writing were bland, no memorable moment, plot was generic as it can get, I normally don't have a problem with generic plots but when theres no memorable bit or emotional ride then just nope.
S1's last arc was a lot more better than this, the animation was consistently average at best, it felt like I was watching a weekly series than watching a movie, was the budget and schedule that bad for this? schedule I guess so, considering J.C has been taking projects after projects and this movie showed how far it can affect the product.

I wasn't really excited for this movie anyways so my expectations were already at an all time low but they really blew past that and made me experience the worst animated movie I watched this year.
Bell didn't do jack shit till the last part when he blasted that arrow and stabbed Artemis, thats literally the only thing he did other than just fire bolting some mobs.
I guess S1 was the best this series could possibly go, not having any excitement for S2 cause of the insane amount of projects J.C's been taking. Its not only affecting the animation but the writing and directing as well.
It was nice to hear Sakamoto Maaya do Artemis tho, which was the main reason why I finished this and why I decided to check this out in the 1st place.

With all that being said, lackluster movie and anti-climactic ending.
2/10.
Jul 9, 2019 8:31 AM

Feb 2008
-Stray said:

It was nice to hear Sakamoto Maaya do Artemis tho, which was the main reason why I finished this and why I decided to check this out in the 1st place.

With all that being said, lackluster movie and anti-climactic ending.
2/10.

Oh yes, Sakamoto Maaya is the only think I like in that dud movie.
Jul 9, 2019 7:23 PM
Jan 2019
I was about to cry with the end. It was a very difficult and painful decision for Bell to do what he did. It is part of becoming a hero, sometimes, you can not save everyone. There will always be sacrifices.
I loved the character of Artemis, she was a true Goddess. I would have liked to see her in the second season. It is a real shame.

These words touched my heart "The next time we see each other, let's have a 1000-year romance, Bell." She had the happiness of falling in love before dying: ') 😢.
Goodbye Artemis.

It was a good movie, I liked it. Now just wait a few days for the premiere of the second season 😁.

Score: 8/10

Ps: 1. The dance between Bell and Artemis, was worth gold ❤. I loved that scene, I loved the song. Does anyone know the name?
2. By the way, it was the first time that Bell came out of Orario, right?
Jul 9, 2019 8:50 PM

Feb 2018
The new moon festival and competition to attract legendary spears, Ma is quite good. Sayonara Artemis to meet ten thousand years
SyureriaJul 10, 2019 1:15 AM
Jul 11, 2019 5:41 PM

Aug 2018
Bell be like:
what? no drop? no exp? this is bullshit!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 12, 2019 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
-Stray said:
Somehow I'm glad I skipped this movie, the directing and writing were bland, no memorable moment, plot was generic as it can get, I normally don't have a problem with generic plots but when theres no memorable bit or emotional ride then just nope.

S1's last arc was a lot more better than this, the animation was consistently average at best, it felt like I was watching a weekly series than watching a movie, was the budget and schedule that bad for this? schedule I guess so, considering J.C has been taking projects after projects and this movie showed how far it can affect the product.

Don't mind me if I quote the exact same words here.

Finally getting around to watch this, and I must say, I rather watch Bell fight his fears in the last few episodes of Season 1 than to fight some generic OP monster, and that's adding with Artemis (who is a side character, completely original).

Don't get me wrong, the only one moment I'll remember from this lackluster movie is Bell and Artemis' dancing under the moonlight moment. That is just too sweet. Other than that, watching Hestia gleeming over Bell is still too good, with Lili.

And of course if I'm not wrong, this is one of J.C.Staff's best in visuals (if this is a spoiler for Season 2 perhaps) of the current, say within the past 2 years.

Otherwise, Season 2 is starting in a few hours time (from this post). Rather leave the oncoming hype after waiting for sooo long.
KANLen09Jul 12, 2019 4:48 AM
Jul 12, 2019 7:15 AM

Apr 2010
That was... pretty bad actually.
Jul 12, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
This movie seems really confused about what happens when a god get heavily wounded by a weapon.
That beam of light reaching the sky means that Artemis didn't die but went back to the God's realm just like any other God heavily wounded. If she really died, there would be no such a beam, since that's literally the Goddess going back.
And that's logical since Bell hits her with Hestia knife rather than that so called "arrow that can kill a god" which didn't even scratch her.

So as far as we know there's no reincarnation or whatever, Artemis is simply "out of the game" in the mortal realms and will not come back here.
So the whole fuss from Hestia and the like is out of place, although having Bell do it is quite ridiculous. Usually mortals will never send back a god to heaven, as they would get tremendously cursed. Maybe because Artemis is willing for it it's fine on that point? dunno, but that feels quite... outside of the danmachi verse narrated that way.

Also, you've got a monster that can parasite a god and use its power (which is perfectly in verse btw from what I know) why the hell are you bringing with you Hestia and Hermes to face the monster? they're weaker than level 1 fighters so they're nothing but handicap for the group, and give the risk of another parasitic phenomenon happening.
In fact, Hestia should have never been allowed by Uranos to get outside of Orario together with Bell, that's against the rules (Hermes is exempted, but there's no reason to exempt Hestia from it in the current situation).

btw there's no way that tamed monsters behave that nicely without any tamers around to keep them in check.

One thing I really liked (outside of the music that was pretty lit all along) was the whole idea of a gigantic moon-like spell in the shape of a bow up in the sky for Artemis's power. That was really cool.
Visual were good, animation was satisfying, but that's kind of to be expected from a movie.
ZefyrisJul 12, 2019 2:17 PM
Jul 12, 2019 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
@Zefyris Thanks for the insight, it was pretty informative.
I really liked the general movie, it had some fanservice, the animation was on point, we got to see Lion and Asfi, some funny moments, but the last fight letf a bitter taste in my mouth, it made no sense and was quite antyclimatic. Of all the out of place thing the one that most bother me was why Bell even stabed her? if she would die, it would had be when the crystal shathred, why did Bell would finish her off? Just why? if the monster crystal was already bronked it could regenerate anymore, and Artemis was already free...
Jul 12, 2019 6:03 PM

Nov 2013
Good movie, I quite liked it. All around better production value than the series, interesting story, I started worrying a little bit when there was some romance with Bell and Artemis, but it's fine because it fit the story being told. I'm glad we got that Bell x Hestia scene at the end since she was kind of pushed to the side for the latter half of the movie, forever the best DanMachi girl.

I did think the drama was a bit overdone, but Bell grew a lot from "saving" Artemis, even though it feels more like he killed her which likely affected him a lot. I wish this movie was canon, wow, so much development for his character that will never be mentioned again in the series. It was nice seeing all the other characters in action again too.

I give it a 6/10.
Jul 13, 2019 6:06 AM
May 2018
i was caught off-guard with this ending. i was really expecting a resurrection or salvation. maaannn why do she have to die... hope she'll be in the s2 somehow even if its a throwback just for the sake of remembrance.
Jul 13, 2019 8:12 AM
Jun 2017
Just finished watching this one and i love the story--- its just sad though that Bell really needs to kill Artemis just to beat the enemy...

Anyways i just love how i have seen Bell and group and Ais ans group. Now im ready for its season 2.
Jul 13, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2017
Yay, Hestia is such a waifu :D

About the resurrection thing - watch the bonus short that's floating on nyaa.
I didn't know there was a DanMachi VN...
Jul 13, 2019 11:03 AM

Mar 2018
Welp, didn't know (or at least didn't remember) that this movie was a thing but as I was waiting for the 2nd season to start I decided to give it a shot.

It was decent, just that, it keeps that feel of the 1st season and it was nice to see Bell as a MC on DanMachi once again (remember Sword Oratoria), the romance felt a little bit rushed but might be just the pacing of the movie overall, after all they were traveling for like a week and that's usually the time you need to get attached to someone (being how Bell is it takes less lol).

The ending was kind of unexpected for me but it's not too say I was totally impressed, more like dissapointed but I don't think that's the word I'm thinking either.

This was a 6/10 for me, and even tho I don't like Hestia as much as the other peeps do, when she got all red talking about Bell she looked cute; and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka crying was perfect, can't blame the actors for this movie not being memorable.

kevin_video said:
hiraishinx said:

Yeah, I'm not actually sure why that had to happen either. Was in a vegetative state and this was a mercy killing? It was really sad, but yeah, I wasn't sure why he had to stab her either. Was her life linked to the monsters, so he had to kill her to actually kill the monster? The move was only 82 minutes long. They could have spent 3 minutes more to give better context.

Good to find some people who actually think in this thread, would've been better if we were shown Artemis starting to fase as soon as the cristal broke (even without touching her), that way there wouldn't be a single possibility to save her.
-Stray said:

S1's last arc was a lot more better than this, the animation was consistently average at best, it felt like I was watching a weekly series than watching a movie

I felt the exact same, it was like watching a long ass episode (kinda felt like I was watching the 1st episode of Rewrite all over again lol).
Zefyris said:
This movie seems really confused about what happens when a god get heavily wounded by a weapon.
That beam of light reaching the sky means that Artemis didn't die but went back to the God's realm just like any other God heavily wounded. If she really died, there would be no such a beam, since that's literally the Goddess going back.
And that's logical since Bell hits her with Hestia knife rather than that so called "arrow that can kill a god" which didn't even scratch her.

So as far as we know there's no reincarnation or whatever, Artemis is simply "out of the game" in the mortal realms and will not come back here.
So the whole fuss from Hestia and the like is out of place, although having Bell do it is quite ridiculous. Usually mortals will never send back a god to heaven, as they would get tremendously cursed. Maybe because Artemis is willing for it it's fine on that point? dunno, but that feels quite... outside of the danmachi verse narrated that way.

Also, you've got a monster that can parasite a god and use its power (which is perfectly in verse btw from what I know) why the hell are you bringing with you Hestia and Hermes to face the monster? they're weaker than level 1 fighters so they're nothing but handicap for the group, and give the risk of another parasitic phenomenon happening.
In fact, Hestia should have never been allowed by Uranos to get outside of Orario together with Bell, that's against the rules (Hermes is exempted, but there's no reason to exempt Hestia from it in the current situation).

btw there's no way that tamed monsters behave that nicely without any tamers around to keep them in check.

One thing I really liked (outside of the music that was pretty lit all along) was the whole idea of a gigantic moon-like spell in the shape of a bow up in the sky for Artemis's power. That was really cool.
Visual were good, animation was satisfying, but that's kind of to be expected from a movie.

Well, I kinda agree with this too, the thing is that I suppose that since all the goods willingly decided to leave their celestial beings to live as (technically) mortals there was some kind of pact to make the god eventually come back as a "mortal" if killed instead of coming back as a god again and therefore she might be in a state of nothingness until she's able to come back, bit that's just what I think (man, when the people watching are the ones to fill the plotholes, gee).

Also, that's what Asfi asked to Hermes, if he was willing to make Bell have that borden of being a god killer, and I think he kinda confirmed that as Artemis was willing to die for it (since it was the only way to stop Antares) is not something Bell will be cursed with.

You're right about the fact that Hestia shouldn't be allowed to go out but I guess since it was kind of a secret and that there was no "real reason" to stop Hestia it didn't happen as that would kinda giveaway that possibility of a god eater. Also I think those dragons are that well behaved because of the spell that Ganesha talked about, that one's easy.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Jul 13, 2019 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
Good music and animation. What are people even complaining about there?

Lots of good character moments. In particular, I loved seeing Hermes get serious. He's such a badass when he's not being a fool.

As per the norm with series-anime movies, it has an original plot that will not flow back into the main series, which is fine.

The first third of the movie was my favorite. Danmachi being Danmachi, and that fun "beginning of the adventure" feeling.

The final battle was anticlimactic (as contrasted with the main series battles) and the need for Artemis to die was not convincingly explained. I was hoping to see Bell use his Argonaut ability to bullshit his way to saving the goddess, but oh well, it's nice to break plot armor sometimes, and they handled the emotional impact of her death pretty well.
🐛 <- a centipede unicode character... but why?
Jul 13, 2019 3:43 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Decent movie overall. Occasionally a bit too cliché but ah well, it's to be expected

The little bonus segment at the end that went all VN-style was one of the weirdest things I've seen in a while though. What was even the point of that xd
Jul 13, 2019 3:45 PM

Mar 2018
Ok so I've never watched this but the name made me think of the Ford Orion so that's why I'm joining in this discussion
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 3:51 PM

Oct 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Decent movie overall. Occasionally a bit too cliché but ah well, it's to be expected

The little bonus segment at the end that went all VN-style was one of the weirdest things I've seen in a while though. What was even the point of that xd
I think this is from the mobile game and not part of the movie. It just tells what happened to Artemis.
Jul 13, 2019 6:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not that we weren't all saying this in 2015 but...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» When can I watch this movie

RimuruTari - Jun 21, 2022

5 by magnumblade »»
Jun 21, 2022 9:59 AM

» Will artemis be shown in S4

Animelover12571 - Feb 25, 2021

4 by IsekaiNekko »»
May 19, 2021 6:15 AM

» Question about Artemis [HEAVY SPOILER]

red1130 - May 25, 2019

4 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Nov 20, 2019 8:02 AM

» Where in the story does this take place?

Steph - Jul 6, 2019

4 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Nov 20, 2019 7:59 AM

» i just wanna know the song name or the singer name when artemis dance with bell

OkamiRenki - Jul 7, 2019

5 by OkamiRenki »»
Aug 19, 2019 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.