Forum Settings
Forums

Discussion on Vic Mignogna and the recent controversy

New
Feb 13, 2019 12:26 PM

Apr 2018
So we all heard the controversy, we know what happened up until now.

Just in case, here's an article listing all that happened up to this point.

I want this discussion to stay civil. I'm not a mod so this isn't order, obviously, it's a request to be able to have a healthy and productive debate.

If anyone has evidence that supports the accusations against Vic, please post them; if you have new evidence that clears his name, post it as well.

So, what do you guys think about this entire controversy?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2019 12:34 PM

Aug 2007
Looking like total bullshit now. People coming forward saying the pictures were requested by them and not something he did.
Feb 13, 2019 12:34 PM

Aug 2017
So, is this the third world war, or wut? lol

That's a long article. Not time to read dat !!!!!-!!!!!!
Feb 13, 2019 12:36 PM

Apr 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:
Looking like total bullshit now. People coming forward saying the pictures were requested by them and not something he did.

I know right. I didn't know what to think at first but some of the stuff voice actors and ANN did made my skin crawl and now this new evidence...
Feb 13, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2018
Feb 13, 2019 12:41 PM

Dec 2018
Not sure why people think these accusations are new. I mean, it's recent that they're actually doing something and reacting to it, but it was common knowledge among con-goers for years that Vic didn't ask for consent before touching and wouldn't sign specific fanart. He's also known as being generally a douchebag to the con staff. I don't really care personally, didn't think he was a good VA but if he really didn't do anything then I guess it sucks he's been fired.
Feb 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Oct 2010
It's so weird and stupid. I hope the guys who smeared him go punished. My only proof is my common sense. He didn't try to rape anyone or something like that. My coworker girls kiss me all the time, what's rhe problem?
Feb 13, 2019 12:47 PM

May 2016
First I've heard of this, that's terrible. Hard to know what's true and what both sides have made up. I read a couple other articles and most of them don't touch on these new developments in support of the guy.

Feb 13, 2019 12:48 PM

May 2009
Skana said:
So, is this the third world war, or wut? lol
No, it is definitely not the third world war.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 13, 2019 12:50 PM

Jan 2019
absolute nonsense, in the first place, false accusation is a fucking crime so i hope those bastards get what they deserve, secondly they are a third party and should stay out of it either way, since there are no victims, its basically proof that this is bullshit, because if there were any victims im sure they would not stay quiet about it especially since this third party claimed that he has done this on multiple occassions which furthermore lessens the probability that victims stay quiet. Therefore-> nonsense

i really really really reaaally depsise people who falsely accuse someone baselessly just for their own pathetic selves to feel better or whatever goddamn reason these morons have.

unless of course he actually did something, but it doesnt seem like there is any concrete evidence right?
Feb 13, 2019 12:55 PM

Nov 2016
The way this case being brought back up aligned with the Release of Tate no Yuusha is Kinda Sus...

Seriously though there was suppossedly an investigation done before he got fired from Funimation but after the Kobayashi Dub nonesense they did I don't trust them. Not even Crunchyroll added SJW lingo to that scene in the international Dubs for fuck sake.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2019 12:57 PM

May 2009
Also I reserve judgement on the truth value of any allegations.

I admit I have no relevant information about the allegations and therefore have absolutely no basis on which to conclude whether someone is guilty or innocent of any accusation.

So therefore I have no right, nor responsibility, to decide anything with regards to the situation, and I will simply go on with my life as if it doesn't concern me.

Because it doesn't.
Feb 13, 2019 1:06 PM

Jan 2017
Daphi said:
unless of course he actually did something, but it doesnt seem like there is any concrete evidence right?

Given that you seem not to consider the multiple testimonials of people who say he did do something as 'concrete evidence', what exactly would count, for you?

False harassment allegations exist, of course, but they don't look like this - they're almost always from one woman, and they almost always describe dramatic and overblown events that are impossible to misunderstand. (Source.) Multiple accusers, describing low-level harassment like this? An almost zero chance he's innocent.
Feb 13, 2019 1:08 PM
Jul 2015
thank the lords its only in western america this sjw crap. Thank the gods japan is safe (for now)... but fabricating lies it's appalling..
perkunos.blogspot.com
Feb 13, 2019 1:10 PM

Dec 2018
Paulo_Goncalves said:
thank the lords its only in western america this sjw crap. Thank the gods japan is safe (for now)... but fabricating lies it's appalling..

People being angry at sexual harassment is now considered sjw crap, more at 11.
Feb 13, 2019 1:15 PM

Mar 2018
Sucks for him but sub is superior so I don't care. This is why you need clout it will raise your defence stats even if you aren't innocent
poop
Feb 13, 2019 1:15 PM

Jan 2019
Maurice_5 said:
Daphi said:

Given that you seem not to consider the multiple testimonials of people who say he did do something as 'concrete evidence', what exactly would count, for you?

False harassment allegations exist, of course, but they don't look like this - they're almost always from one woman, and they almost always describe dramatic and overblown events that are impossible to misunderstand. (Source.) Multiple accusers, describing low-level harassment like this? An almost zero chance he's innocent.

testimonials arent concrete evidence, i know the chance is low that he is innocent buts its just not evidence, its just a claim, even if its by multiple people
could be a group of people that do not like him who grouped up on purpose and want to ruin him

i mean, i think u are right its highly unlikely that he is innocent if there is multiple accusations by multiple women, but in the end thats all they are accusations
if someone has a bad reputation and is famous its not too farfetched that people would group up to try to ruin that person, therefore i think these things need more concrete evidence and not just wishy washy testimonials without solid proof.

besides, its still wrong to publicly harass someone like that when he wasnt "convicted"
Feb 13, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
Its a complicated issue to say the least. I follow a good amount of cosplay profiles on twitter, and people who seem genuine (to me at least) have come forward and said some bad stuff about vic. While I've also heard of amazing experiences fans have had with him as well. About how sweet/nice he was, and also instances of people fabricating false info just to make him look bad. So honestly at this point I don't know what to believe, so I hope the truth comes out because it's a really tough situation. For the victims if it turns out to be true, and for vic. Since he basically already lost his career with this issue.
Feb 13, 2019 1:36 PM
Jul 2015
jiro-kyoka said:
Paulo_Goncalves said:

Was he found guilty by a court? Then don't waste my time :)
You are not guilty of any crime unless a court say so. Unless you wanna return to the dark ages, do you?
perkunos.blogspot.com
Feb 13, 2019 1:46 PM

Sep 2016

Hugging and cheek kissing his fans without consent, such a terrible crime... totally deserves getting his career ruined (sarcasm, for the Sheldons out there).
People are way too sensitive nowadays, considering such benign actions to be harassment.
Even if he kissed them on their closed lips, which would definitely be weird, it shouldn't cause that much of a moral outrage.
Just don't get close to him in the future if you feel uncomfortable by his behaviour, that's it.

Late edit: I wrote this on the assumption that they approached him and were free go away because fans are usually the ones who approach a celebrity.

ZarutakuFeb 14, 2019 11:06 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 13, 2019 1:51 PM

Jan 2017
Zarutaku said:

Hugging and cheek kissing fans without consent, such a terrible crime... totally deserves getting his career ruined (sarcasm, for the Sheldons out there).
People are way too sensitive nowadays, considering such benign actions to be harassment.
Even if he kissed them on their closed lips, which would definitely be weird, it shouldn't cause that much of a moral outrage.
Just don't get close to him in the future if you feel uncomfortable by his behaviour, that's it.

I mean, of all the responses I was expecting to see, "He totally harassed those women but it's fine" wasn't on the list. So, thanks, I guess, for showing us the worst possible extreme on the spectrum of responses?
Feb 13, 2019 1:57 PM

Sep 2016
Maurice_5 said:
Zarutaku said:

Hugging and cheek kissing fans without consent, such a terrible crime... totally deserves getting his career ruined (sarcasm, for the Sheldons out there).

I mean, of all the responses I was expecting to see, "He totally harassed those women but it's fine" wasn't on the list. So, thanks, I guess, for showing us the worst possible extreme on the spectrum of responses?

That's not what I said, to me harassment would be if he followed them to do these things or grabbed them and didn't let them go.
But if they approached him and were free to go (which I assumed above) then it shouldn't be called harassment.
I'm not trying to defend this guy, I didnt even know anything about him before reading this topic.
I'm just stating my mind what should and what should not be considered as harassment.

ZarutakuFeb 13, 2019 3:56 PM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 13, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2008
I never liked Mignogna, I went to a panel he did at a con I went to a few years ago and walked out 10 minutes after it started. This incident didn't surprise me in the least.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Feb 13, 2019 2:04 PM
Jan 2012
Can everyone on both sides just, like for a few minutes, compose themselves and actually research the damn situation instead of resorting to a bunch of hot takes?

This isn't a discussion, this is basically people who have chosen a side and have completely closed their ears off from the opposition, refusing to budge or even understand where they're coming from. Calling people mad towards Vic SJWs is not conducive to an amicable conversation, and neither is overblowing what Vic is responsible for.
Feb 13, 2019 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
well a lot of victims are speaking up with pictures as proof too so it must be true, its up to him to disprove all those accusations but he failed to do that
Feb 13, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
After watching over 12 videos about this
I think he's innocent and the allegations are false
These are some of the videos that convinced me :

https://youtu.be/k6_J8bwYDp4

https://youtu.be/yomWVVrqlk0

https://youtu.be/c-6YPzxfKko

KanYeeTFeb 14, 2019 2:31 AM
Feb 13, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 2017
This situation has gotten way out of hand since it first started. Now people are going out of their way by photoshopping pictures to make Vic look bad. Idk what to think. It’s all just bad and unfortunate that this man loses at the end of the day. If he turns out to be innocent after all, things will probably never go back to how they used to be. He’lo probably have to live with being monitored by the internet for quite a while. Like his actions are being watched and people are waiting for the “SEE I TOLD YOU SO! VIC IS BAD” moment.
Feb 13, 2019 3:08 PM

Dec 2018
Paulo_Goncalves said:
jiro-kyoka said:

Was he found guilty by a court? Then don't waste my time :)
You are not guilty of any crime unless a court say so. Unless you wanna return to the dark ages, do you?

Where did I say he was guilty? People generally don't like sexual harassment so it makes sense for people to be wary of someone who has been accused of it. Especially for a VA like Vic who, like I said before, has had these allegations for almost a decade but only now people are talking about it. 'SJWs' have nothing to do with it.
Feb 13, 2019 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
Don't care. I don't know the man, personally so whatever he does in his private life is none of my business.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 13, 2019 5:33 PM

Sep 2013
Hahaha of all the times to bring this up she does it in the season that shield hero is airing.
She’s acting like a huge bitch too so that just makes it even more suspicious that she’s lying.
Feb 13, 2019 6:45 PM

May 2016
I've been hearing rumors about Vic being a skeeze-ball for almost a decade now, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it were true. If the shoe fits, and whatnot.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 13, 2019 6:58 PM

Jan 2016
Daphi said:
Maurice_5 said:

testimonials arent concrete evidence, i know the chance is low that he is innocent buts its just not evidence, its just a claim, even if its by multiple people
could be a group of people that do not like him who grouped up on purpose and want to ruin him

i mean, i think u are right its highly unlikely that he is innocent if there is multiple accusations by multiple women, but in the end thats all they are accusations
if someone has a bad reputation and is famous its not too farfetched that people would group up to try to ruin that person, therefore i think these things need more concrete evidence and not just wishy washy testimonials without solid proof.

besides, its still wrong to publicly harass someone like that when he wasnt "convicted"

"Testimonials aren't concrete evidence" the thing is testimony is used in determining guilt, in fact Google Testimony in a Court Case and the first thing that pops up is "Going to court as a witness or victim in a criminal matter. ... Witnesses are called to court to answer questions about a case. The information a witness gives in court is called testimony and is used as evidence to set out the facts of the alleged crime."

Now, I will agree that without being in a court, testimonies end up under less scrutiny and there's no lawyers asking questions to try to determine the facts, but the fact is testimony is evidence, and having multiple testimonies say the same thing is equivalent to having multiple pieces of physical evidence that point to the same conclusion.

Does that mean he's guilty? I dunno, I haven't looked at all the evidence, and I don't consider myself qualified to judge that. But people saying testimony isn't evidence, well, according to the United States judicial system, it is.
MaskOfIceFeb 13, 2019 7:01 PM
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Feb 13, 2019 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know enough to weigh in. I just find the whole "kiss & touch" aspect of con culture extremely bizarre. When I went to my first con, there were signs that said "Cosplay is NOT consent." It's clearly not a problem exclusive to Vic if people have to be told that they can't just randomly hug & kiss fellow con-goers.
Feb 13, 2019 7:03 PM

May 2010
Kruszer said:
Don't care. I don't know the man, personally so whatever he does in his private life is none of my business.

This, honestly who the hell is Vic in the first place and why is this news?

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 13, 2019 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Old men shouldn't randomly hug or kiss young woman. Not saying it's harassment (though the kissing part probably is), but it is hella creepy. If a teacher did that to you, then they would for sure be fired.

Also his voice was never that great.

His voice sounds like he has cough syrup stuck in his throat.
Feb 13, 2019 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
Johan said:
Kruszer said:

This, honestly who the hell is Vic in the first place and why is this news?

He's an English voice actor working for Funimation.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 13, 2019 7:09 PM

May 2009
ichii_1 said:
Hahaha of all the times to bring this up she does it in the season that shield hero is airing.
She’s acting like a huge bitch too so that just makes it even more suspicious that she’s lying.
Incidentally, this reminds me of one of my favorite Law & Order twists. I forget the episode name (I think it was in SVU but I'm not sure, it might have been CI since it involved the wealthy and powerful), but basically, someone got murdered, and there's this one character who's very cooperative with police and leads them to the most obvious suspect, who is a person with means (financially and contact-wise), motive, and opportunity, and is horribly uncooperative with police, lawyers up at the drop of a hat, refuses to do anything without a warrant, and so on.

Turns out the most obvious suspect is innocent, and the actual criminal was that first guy.
Feb 13, 2019 7:11 PM

May 2010
GlennMagusHarvey said:
ichii_1 said:
Incidentally, this reminds me of one of my favorite Law & Order twists. I forget the episode name (I think it was in SVU but I'm not sure, it might have been CI since it involved the wealthy and powerful), but basically, someone got murdered, and there's this one character who's very cooperative with police and leads them to the most obvious suspect, who is a person with means (financially and contact-wise), motive, and opportunity, and is horribly uncooperative with police, lawyers up at the drop of a hat, refuses to do anything without a warrant, and so on.

Turns out the most obvious suspect is innocent, and the actual criminal was that first guy.

Stick to the original L&O with Jack McCoy.

SVU went downhill once the cop with anger issues left,

and I hated the main detective in CI

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 13, 2019 7:14 PM

Oct 2014
I don't who or what Vic Mignogna is, nor have I heard about any of this controversy. I guess I live under a rock, fortunately.
Feb 13, 2019 7:18 PM

May 2009
Johan said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Ehh, Stabler (i.e. "the cop with anger issues") was probably my least favorite part of SVU, because he repeatedly stretched (to put it mildly!) the limits of constitutionality and yet he kept on getting off without much in the way of repercussions. (Maybe someone could argue that this is realistic in the sense of the police getting away with mistreating suspects, but...that's another issue.)

That said, the earlier seasons of SVU were the better ones, because the later ones tended to spend more time covering the cops' personal lives, which I found less interesting than the cases.

My favorite subseries is CI though. The mind games in those episodes can get super intense and are a frequent source (for me) of moments of jaw-dropping awe. I guess if you don't like Bobby Goren it's less fun (though Alex Eames is totally awesome IMO) but there are the later episodes with Mike Logan and Megan Wheeler/Nola Falacci so you can still enjoy CI without having Goren being a main character.

Original recipe is always a solid choice though. Not necessarily my favorite, but the mind games of CI -- as awesome as they are -- can get too intense for me to watch more than one episode at a time, while original recipe is more like "just right".

Nithirel said:
I don't who or what Vic Mignogna is, nor have I heard about any of this controversy. I guess I live under a rock, fortunately.
He's an American voice actor, with a number of anime roles. There's some controversy involving him being accused of sexual harassment, I think? Not sure. I haven't read up on this.
Feb 13, 2019 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
I actually live in the town where Funimation is based. I work right down the road from the building at the Starbucks where they get their coffee. I've met countless VA's who all say he's an asshole, and a few of my friends have said he's been overly touchy with them, especially if they're cosplaying from an anime he acts in. He's been an ass to me personally about 10 years back when I ran a mini-con at the library and he went over his allotted time and then was upset when we asked him to wrap it up because we had more to show. Anyways,

It's been like a longtime standing thing in Texas conventions to tell new cosplayers, especially girls who might be smitten with the idea of getting close to a famous VA, to stay away from Vic. Accusations of him with girls in a supply closet, getting too close for comfort with hugs and whispering things in people's ears, kisses on the cheek, etc. I've seen them all happen unprompted. Some were met with glee and others with shock and discomfort. I've had more than one unpleasant encounters with him and seeing as I've been in the same town with this lad for like, 10 years, I'm glad to see him finally get his ass wrecked because it's been a long time coming.

Everyone wants to say "Why so suddenly?" when it's been all word of mouth for years and like, no one wants to come forward with it because of how people have been reacting now. "Why would you tarnish Vic's name!?!?" He tarnished it himself. Be it sexual harassment, or just plain being an absolute Vic the Dick, I'm glad it's been brought up, investigated, and something has happened about it now.
Feb 13, 2019 7:24 PM

May 2010
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Johan said:

Ehh, Stabler (i.e. "the cop with anger issues") was probably my least favorite part of SVU, because he repeatedly stretched (to put it mildly!) the limits of constitutionality and yet he kept on getting off without much in the way of repercussions. (Maybe someone could argue that this is realistic in the sense of the police getting away with mistreating suspects, but...that's another issue.)

That said, the earlier seasons of SVU were the better ones, because the later ones tended to spend more time covering the cops' personal lives, which I found less interesting than the cases.

My favorite subseries is CI though. The mind games in those episodes can get super intense and are a frequent source (for me) of moments of jaw-dropping awe. I guess if you don't like Bobby Goren it's less fun (though Alex Eames is totally awesome IMO) but there are the later episodes with Mike Logan and Megan Wheeler/Nola Falacci so you can still enjoy CI without having Goren being a main character.

Original recipe is always a solid choice though. Not necessarily my favorite, but the mind games of CI -- as awesome as they are -- can get too intense for me to watch more than one episode at a time, while original recipe is more like "just right".

Nithirel said:
He's an American voice actor, with a number of anime roles. There's some controversy involving him being accused of sexual harassment, I think? Not sure. I haven't read up on this.

The reason i liked Stabler so much was his prevailing sense of justice. I think out of everyone in the cast he empathised the most with the victims, and was the most passionate. Also his interactions with Benson is what drove a lot of SVU.

Wasn't a big fan of the later cast like Nick / Rollins.

But yeah the original was always my favourite. I won't lie i had a stretch where i did really like SVU but once the "newer" episodes started coming out, meh.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 13, 2019 7:33 PM

Dec 2016

If you expect a balanced response from a community that's known for its hatred towards women bc said women don't deign to be seen alive in their vicinity bc of just how bad they are, then you're wrong. These fanboys are ofc gonna do everything they can to prove the women wrong. Cuz internalized mysoginy and stuff.

And fanboys can quote my comment all they want - I won't be responding to anybody. I'm not interested in debating with children on the internet. Or adults, for that matter.

ghostliness said:

Everyone wants to say "Why so suddenly?" when it's been all word of mouth for years and like, no one wants to come forward with it because of how people have been reacting now. "Why would you tarnish Vic's name!?!?" He tarnished it himself. Be it sexual harassment, or just plain being an absolute Vic the Dick, I'm glad it's been brought up, investigated, and something has happened about it now.

Because crimes against women come with an expiry date. Didn't you know? We're not allowed to speak against our perpetrators after a certain period of time, otherwise we're automatically attention whores. And God forbid if a handful of us come together in support of each other for everything we went through. Because of course we're the automatic liars in this situation who have a secret agenda against said perpetrator.
Feb 13, 2019 7:37 PM

Oct 2018
It's reasonable for Funimation to fire him, even if he didn't sexually harass cosplayers by penetration he still was prone to behavior that is would make people uncomfortable. Kisses, hugs, all that stuff isn't allowed at cons, most cons have signs that say things like don't harass cosplayers, and him going against that isn't the best. Also, Funi had an investigation, and ofc they're not going to reveal that since it's a big company and privacy issues, but either way his behavior at cons would make any company uncomfortable and he'd be fired.

Some people have a problem about this coming to light now since he's in some big role or something, Idunno not up to date with dubs, but if people had reported when it did happen (2003/2009), the man was in even bigger roles. Ed, Tamaki, some other dudes I don't care bout, so really there is no "safe" year for people to report the guy because he plays such popular characters, no matter what they're going to be called an attention whore and doing it had a risk.

This guy's almost like 60 anyway, not like this destroyed his life, maybe his career, but he already got through more than half his life and no one's going to care about him in the next 3 years so since he isn't even that big of a celebrity outside of the anime dub world.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Feb 13, 2019 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
Sonal1988 said:

ghostliness said:

Because crimes against women come with an expiry date. Didn't you know? We're not allowed to speak against our perpetrators after a certain period of time, otherwise we're automatically attention whores. And God forbid if a handful of us come together in support of each other for everything we went through. Because of course we're the automatic liars in this situation who have a secret agenda against said perpetrator.

Oh trust and believe I KNOW how that is. And it's wild too because girls HAVE been saying it for YEARS and no one listens until it's like, every girls says a lot of stuff all at once and only then is it brought to the public eye like HOW HAVE YA'LL NOT HEARS US, THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME??
Feb 13, 2019 7:55 PM

Sep 2010
If he is innocent then the people who started the smear campaign (Monica and I think Jamie) need to be fired like begone thots. I will boycott any dub they will appear in until then (not like I watch dubs that much nowadays)

If he is guilty then well he finally got what was coming to him, but until then innocent until proven guilty so I stand with Vic until then cause both my best friends (who are women) said he was very kind to them and wasn't touchy/feely/flirty with them at all.

Well I guess time will tell who is in the right and who is in the wrong. These are my final thoughts on the matter
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 13, 2019 8:05 PM

May 2016
Sonal1988 said:

If you expect a balanced response from a community that's known for its hatred towards women bc said women don't deign to be seen alive in their vicinity bc of just how bad they are, then you're wrong. These fanboys are ofc gonna do everything they can to prove the women wrong. Cuz internalized mysoginy and stuff.

And fanboys can quote my comment all they want - I won't be responding to anybody. I'm not interested in debating with children on the internet. Or adults, for that matter.

ghostliness said:

Eww, a woman on the internet. How dare you have an opinion! HOW DARE YOU!!

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 13, 2019 8:09 PM

Sep 2017
Finally someone brought it up. Even if these allegations were brought up here and there from years ago, you know how many people say things about people? We really can't trust anyone from the internet, it's literally someone behind a screen, how are we supposed to know whether that person is truthful or malicious. We don't. But based from what I seen, I have seen more evidence that Vic is innocent than guilty. The situation right now for him is Guilty until proven innocent, when it should be the other way around. People keep bringing it up that it's only for court, but um, you literally just ruined his career? Even if he is proven innocent, he is for sure not getting his job back. Sexual assault basically tarnishes your name once someone accuses you of it.
Feb 13, 2019 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
Sonal1988 said:

Eww, a woman on the internet. How dare you have an opinion! HOW DARE YOU!!

I'm actually 7million really skilled bees please bee kind to me, I'm trying to not have a HIVE mind mentality and i'm COMBing through the facts.
Feb 13, 2019 8:24 PM

Nov 2018
Esquirtit said:
Sucks for him but sub is superior so I don't care.

this mans got the right idea, hell yea brother!

Nithirel said:

Fortunately, amen. People reading up and watching videos on controversy instead of spending their time doing something productive/watching anime/anything but researching about some old dude touching people.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

42 by MichaelJackson »»
33 seconds ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 4 minutes ago

1 by Otakupervert890 »»
54 seconds ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

46 by Otakupervert890 »»
3 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

68 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

85 by Jackson1333 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.