Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2019 1:01 PM

Nov 2016
This episode broke me. Mio, your soul was shining pure white.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2016
I knew she was going to die throughout the episode, but it still didn't make it any less sad :(

Hyakkimaru's first words being "Mio" really broke me. :(
SeasideLuaFeb 13, 2019 11:18 PM
Feb 11, 2019 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
I can't...this episode...why, the feels are too strong.
Too strong...way too strong, and way too sad.
That song, in the end, killed me, Mio was such a good person.

It's partially fault of Hyakkimaru, because if he hadn't left, nothing of this would have happened...
So sad...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 11, 2019 1:11 PM
Aug 2018
Full beast mode Hyakkimaru made my day
Feb 11, 2019 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
10 out of 10 amazing episode
Feb 11, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
I didnt see it coming. Didnt think they would waste everyone so soon. (Even though the episode was part 2)
Feb 11, 2019 1:27 PM
Aug 2008

This episode was perfection. I hope it's not peak of that series.
Feb 11, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 2018
It was already predictable because of chapter 03 of the manga.
I wanted them to change the story and mio could get out of prostitution like Sonya in Crime and Punishiment, after hyakimaru regained all parts of his body, he returned to Mio.
Feb 11, 2019 1:30 PM
Aug 2008
haydee82 said:

99 % of this series viewers didn't read that old manga. No one cares about manga so old, it's relict of the past.
Feb 11, 2019 1:33 PM
Feb 2019
Wojtini21 said:
haydee82 said:

99 % of this series viewers didn't read that old manga. No one cares about manga so old, it's relict of the past.

Quoted for truth.
Feb 11, 2019 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
Welp, I thought they could make a good couple, but it seems I will switch to Game of Thrones mode -> do not like anyone, anyone can die
Feb 11, 2019 1:37 PM

May 2016
Please not Mio not her T-------T

That Old guy shouldn't have left them, he left cause they did't have food to share.
Feb 11, 2019 1:38 PM
Feb 2019
GeeNX said:
Welp, I thought they could make a good couple, but it seems I will switch to Game of Thrones mode -> do not like anyone, anyone can die

I'm pretty sure Dororo won't die. Hyakkimaru won't likely to die either, at least until the end.
Feb 11, 2019 1:38 PM

Oct 2018
No! Not the feels! That's my weak spot! :'(
Don't you hate it when there's too much water?
Feb 11, 2019 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
ananizkim said:
GeeNX said:

I'm pretty sure Dororo won't die. Hyakkimaru won't likely to die either, at least until the end.

Yeah I don't think so either, since it's not like GoT where there are many "main characters" , but I just meant I won't like any other character that appears that you might thing will stick to the series, like Mio, or we'll see
Feb 11, 2019 1:45 PM
Feb 2019
GeeNX said:
ananizkim said:

Yeah I don't think so either, since it's not like GoT where there are many "main characters" , but I just meant I won't like any other character that appears that you might thing will stick to the series, like Mio, or we'll see

Tbh, Mio's death flag was pretty obvious, it would be a twist if she'd survived.
Feb 11, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2017
Good riddance, Mio was always a throwaway character who existed to give Hyakkimaru a dead waifu so he could know what loss felt like. I'm glad they kept her fate the same. Now that the whore is dead, we can finally move on to the good stuff.
Feb 11, 2019 1:56 PM

Jul 2015
Christ, what an incredible episode.

We all knew things weren't going to end well, but holy shit the execution was great, Hyakkimaru's rage couldn't have been shown better, heartbreaking episode.
Feb 11, 2019 1:57 PM
Mar 2010
Poor Mio. Anyway, he killed a demon and got his leg back, but... does it mean there will be something he won't be regaining in return? There are 12 demons and he needs to get back 12 parts. He had already got his leg back, he lost it and now it came back, but now the part he was supposed to regain wouldn't be there anymore. I have a feeling it will be his eye sight.
Feb 11, 2019 2:09 PM
Feb 2019
Sapphire_91 said:
Poor Mio. Anyway, he killed a demon and got his leg back, but... does it mean there will be something he won't be regaining in return? There are 12 demons and he needs to get back 12 parts. He had already got his leg back, he lost it and now it came back, but now the part he was supposed to regain wouldn't be there anymore. I have a feeling it will be his eye sight.

It's been told one of the demons failed to get a body part. He gained his voice from the last demon he killed.
Feb 11, 2019 2:13 PM
Mar 2010
ananizkim said:
Sapphire_91 said:

It's been told one of the demons failed to get a body part. He gained his voice from the last demon he killed.

I've missed that. Thanks for the reminder.
Feb 11, 2019 2:18 PM

Feb 2018
Also I wanted to mention that I think the soldier Hyakkimaru let go will tell about him and that will probably be how is father finds out about his existence. I feel like this is going to lead up to an epic battle between him and his brother.

The first thing Hyakkimaru sees when he regains his sight better not be Dororo's dead body or I'm going to lose my shit. (Please don't actually say anything about it to those who have read the manga, these are just my thoughts)
Feb 11, 2019 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
That was so sad. Getting emotions surfacing like that episode is what any anime strives for but at the same time I'm somewhat disappointed, i feel like they could have done more with Mio's character, maybe have her join in on Hyakkimaru and Dororo's travels. Was hoping she would become a real love internet in the series. It was a great episode regardless but also disapponting.
Feb 11, 2019 2:52 PM
Feb 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Esquirtit said:
@_MushiRock11_ last episode hyakkimaru gained his voice back by defeating the demon but I think it survived because it bit his leg off, this time he killed him and got his leg back. so the demon had his voice at first but traded it with hyakkimarus leg

Oh, that’s an interesting way to look at things.
But I don’t think it’d explain why he was able to retain both of these features after defeating the demon, right?

I just assume killing a demon cancels all effects of the original deal and also everything the demon took is returned to the original owner.
Feb 11, 2019 3:08 PM

Feb 2018
although i kind of knew she'd die, i'm still not able to process it and i'm just sitting here crying my eyes out, fucking hell. i just can't believe it, man. they didn't even spare the kids, this is horrible. she sang until she couldn't anymore and his first word was her name and i'm just going to sit here and cry a little bit more, thanks.
probably my favorite from this season. it breaks my heart but in the good way jhsldkjs
Feb 11, 2019 3:14 PM

Jan 2019
Well, we start seeing some insights about Tahomarus personality and his relationship with his mother, who seems cannot get over the loss of her first child (as it should be).

Poor Hyakkimaru, and we see how he is when enraged, like a beast in a cave...
Feb 11, 2019 3:27 PM

Oct 2010
Why must best girl die.

W-WHYYYYY
Feb 11, 2019 3:27 PM

Apr 2015
Poor Dororo, getting to know what happened to his mother is really saddening. She was a good woman, shame she had to go like that.w

Hyakkimaru being able to slay that demon was a job well done, he actually got his leg back that he lost. Call me surprised, as it had grown back by slaying previous demons, I honestly expected it to never grow back after he lost it again.

Fuck, what a rollercoaster of feels... :/

Rip Mio and the kids, they didn't deserve any of this. the moment Mio sings for the final time and Hyakkimaru going on a rampage. How he massacred those was so fucking satisfying.

The way Hyakkimaru is now experiencing emotions he never felt before, is really well done. The way he was holding Mio and called out her name as his first word was so emotional.
Feb 11, 2019 3:28 PM
Feb 2019
HowTragic said:
Why must best girl die.

W-WHYYYYY

How can she be the best girl when she only appeared in 2 episodes? There aren't any other girls to compare her to and announce her as the best.
Feb 11, 2019 3:34 PM

Dec 2016
Wow.....

What an amazing episode, so many emotions at once, especially the scene at the end when they are walking and Mio's song plays :'(

Score went from a 9 to a 10 after this ep for sure!!
Feb 11, 2019 3:36 PM

Sep 2014
This is finally starting to get seriously good.

But damn was this episode cruel. I knew all along Mio would not survive and thus also the children. But I had hope.

Rip Mio.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 11, 2019 3:41 PM

Oct 2014
lona_catee said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

But I don’t think it’d explain why he was able to retain both of these features after defeating the demon, right?
A statue did not break last episode so he did not kill the demon. the demon but his leg and hyaki did not finish it. he got his voice back cause the demon took his leg instead. so when he killed the demon he got his leg back and his voice stayed

Exactly. The demon almost died but since he got Hyakkimaru's leg he still survived so it was like a trade. He gave his voice but took his leg in return. So Hyakkimaru had to fight it again to regain his leg back. If it would be a normal killing without the issue of his leg, he would retain both right? C:

Amazing episode! It was sad seeing Mio singing when dying and then his first words being the name of the woman he first loved. I think they want to give always a bad first experience to all Hyakkimaru's first experience with his regained body parts...

The death of Mio has somewhat a special meaning though it's a lot of drama and we could see she was liking him too. What is impressive is how much Dororo is strong enough to stop Hyakkimaru from killing that soldier! If he wanted he could do it just fine right?

Sad the fact that it was again rushed because it would be nice to have a part 3 and see more of HyakkixMio...
Feb 11, 2019 3:46 PM

Aug 2017
Damn poor, poor Mio & kids. At least Hyakkimaru got to avenge her.

Man the Warring States really was not a pleasant time to be in.

Also biggest surprise for me is that Daigo actually misses Hyakkimaru too. Even though he sent him away to die it wasn't because he actually wanted to do it so both of Hyakki's parents miss him. Tahomaru must really feel like shit knowing that both of his parents are looking beyond him.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Feb 11, 2019 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
ananizkim said:
HowTragic said:
Why must best girl die.

W-WHYYYYY

How can she be the best girl when she only appeared in 2 episodes? There aren't any other girls to compare her to and announce her as the best.

What, you need to satisfy a minimum appearance criteria before you can be best girl? And lol no she's not the only female char introduced so far.

Edit: This would also include your so called "girls to compare her to"
HowTragicFeb 11, 2019 4:15 PM
Feb 11, 2019 4:27 PM

Dec 2015
The "logic" behind the Hyakkimaru parts trade seems very off in the context of this series, where they go to lengths in order to make the fantasy story "realistic" compared to before.
At least, enough elements exterior to the little story were integrated to make the episode interesting.

2/5 No burned Mio...

I hope they did not change Dororo's story...

_MushiRock11_ said:

That's literally what's said in the episode.
Rei_IIIFeb 11, 2019 5:11 PM
Feb 11, 2019 4:40 PM
Dec 2018
I can say only one thing....rest in peace Mio!
Feb 11, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was the definition of greatness. My only problem was that Hyakkimaru's leg grow up again. I'd've prefered if he had an handicap for the rest of his life.
R.I.P Mio.
Feb 11, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2017
After watching this episode, I can tell this anime would probably be the anime of the year of 2019 already.

Like seriously, that raw emotion from the last part is so strong and moving.
Also aside from masterfully done direction and story, the quality of the fight scene is outstanding too.

Dororo beats the shit out of Violet Evergarden from last year with just 6 episodes.
Ventus_SFeb 11, 2019 4:49 PM
Feb 11, 2019 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
That was...raw.

Amazing episode.
Feb 11, 2019 5:03 PM

Oct 2017
Well, another really good episode, everything, since animation through the story line, everything it is a masterpiece. I hope this still going this way through all the way. I've never feel dissapoint in all the time that I started to watch this anime, even before I know that it was a remake. I'am waiting to enjoy another real love between Hyakkimaru and another else person like all his next battles .
PD: I thougth the same about Dororo, poor babe, she's all the time with him but he just didn't see that in all this time, I'am guessing that soon it will be a change and value her company.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 11, 2019 5:42 PM
Sep 2018
I am in love with this anime!!
Feb 11, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2012
Good to see (albeit a bit strange) that he got hes leg back. Man that was a pretty heartbreaking episode.
Feb 11, 2019 5:50 PM
Jan 2019
Excuse me...

Nani the fuck just happened?!!!
Jul 2018
Setting that fire was absolutely idiotic. This episode emphasized the lack of rain, so everything would be dry. It only did rain momentarily, so the trees still should have been pretty dry. That fire should have spread like a motherfucker.

Aug 2017
why is she already dead , i hate it :(
Feb 11, 2019 5:54 PM
Jan 2019
Ventus_S said:
After watching this episode, I can tell this anime would probably be the anime of the year of 2019 already.

Like seriously, that raw emotion from the last part is so strong and moving.
Also aside from masterfully done direction and story, the quality of the fight scene is outstanding too.

Dororo beats the shit out of Violet Evergarden from last year with just 6 episodes.

For me, it was more like...
They are the best at their respective time and genre. But,

Damn that screamo!!!
Feb 11, 2019 5:57 PM
Jan 2019
Yeah, right...

2 episodes ago I even thought she's gonna be the leading lady.

Then shit happened...
Feb 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Feb 2016
@HowTragic
@ananizkim

Please, behave yourselves, I'm not a moderator but you both went too far over something so trivial. You aren't 10 year old to act like that aren't you?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 11, 2019 6:19 PM

Jan 2016
Kinda depressing, but however the risk of doing that job is too high.
Hope Hyakkimaru and Dororo keep moving on from those terrible moments.
Life is strange

Feb 11, 2019 6:34 PM

Jun 2017
Amazing episode. Really didn't expect the heart-wrenching ending at all. It was great seeing Hyakkimaru wreak vengeance upon the samurai, but man is it horrible what happened to Mio and the kids. Brutal, sad, beautiful, intriguing. This is the best new anime of the season, by far.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.