Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2019 5:43 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I repeat we have casualty! I repeat we have casualty! OMG! She had to see it with the binocular! Well, I always liked Karen. She will be missed. :D

Yuu x Iino is so gonna happen! Arigatou, Kaguya's lost pen❤dant! But if it doesn't happen, I still want both of them to be happy!

Why is this manga full of so many precious characters?! Can I enter the manga and give Maki a hug?! :')

Also, Hayasaka blushing had a lot of punch in it! I narrowly escaped from fainting! <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 5, 2019 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
The one thing that made me really happy is that it is confirmed that Kaguya and Shirogane kissed and not some potential BS moment.

I have faith in Aka so I knew that wasn't coming yet it still made me feel surprised.

This manga is something else, phenomenal and deserves a really outstanding adaptation.
Feb 5, 2019 5:51 AM

Sep 2011
Its shocking to me that people can actually hate this smile

I think some people are probably gonna be upset by them going in this direction, but I guarantee that aka will win people over and make her detractors grow to like her

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 5, 2019 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
Don't @ me because I know the best girl for Yuu is Iino.

I am not gonna sit back and accept people make light of Iino's role so far in the story when it comes to Yuu. She may appear standoffish but there's a genuine goodwill in her actions for Yuu.

Rewind back in time, the thing that triggered Yuu to really start liking Koyasu-senpai was when she became the first one to approach him after he came second in the race. Remember that it was Prez who stopped Iino to reach out to Yuu before Koyasu-senpai approached him.

Rewind further back, nobody knows how Iino stood against the teaching staff to let Yuu return back to school.
Coronavirus.
Feb 5, 2019 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:

I am not gonna sit back and accept people make light of Iino's role so far in the story when it comes to Yuu. She may appear standoffish but there's a genuine goodwill in her actions for Yuu.

Rewind back in time, the thing that triggered Yuu to really start liking Koyasu-senpai was when she became the first one to approach him after he came second in the race. Remember that it was Prez who stopped Iino to reach out to Yuu before Koyasu-senpai approached him.

Rewind further back, nobody knows how Iino stood against the teaching staff to let Yuu return back to school.
I can get maybe not liking how obvious it was to go in this direction, but i really dont understand the miko hate.

Also I think this chapter might cause a stir with some folks even though people are very wrong to say theres a misunderstanding here, she knows full well he wasnt confessing or anything and most of the blushes are just happiness from the festival working out so well.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 5, 2019 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
I mean I am fine with this development but just hope some kind of misunderstanding drama with Tsubame/Iino isn't dragged out, especially since Tsubame's answer is already due. We will see I guess, Iino/Ishigami pairing foreshadowings have been there since long ago.

Also Hayasaka deserves more happiness, hope she will get her own arc or something.
Feb 5, 2019 1:19 PM

May 2009
The kiss is real for those who doubted
Feb 6, 2019 6:13 PM

May 2013
Good shit. Aka doesn't disappoint.

I expected him to keep the kiss hidden, but that last panel was a good touch and timed perfectly. Reactions from Hayasaka, Karen, etc. were fun, and a little extra (humorous) backstory on how Shirogane's plan came together is certainly welcome.

I don't really like the idea of a potential love triangle. But the way the seeds were sown, as this chapter puts it, is probably the best possible way to go about it.
Feb 6, 2019 6:20 PM
Sep 2018
I believe in Aka. I like Ishigami x Iino all the way from the beginning. Now,I just need to believe in Aka's way to make this arc feels good. But still,it definitely won't be as strong as Dual Confession Arc but I have hopes in you,Akasaka Aka
Feb 6, 2019 7:06 PM

Jul 2017
j u s t i c e f o r h a y a s a k a

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Feb 6, 2019 8:05 PM

Mar 2015
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:

I can get maybe not liking how obvious it was to go in this direction, but i really dont understand the miko hate.

Also I think this chapter might cause a stir with some folks even though people are very wrong to say theres a misunderstanding here, she knows full well he wasnt confessing or anything and most of the blushes are just happiness from the festival working out so well.

she started as annoying character, but later become walking comical character that growth the admiration as slowly the series build.

personally i also ship this pairings, but it's understandable some people will still find iino annoying..

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 6, 2019 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
I think at this point Aka is just trolling ... Well i like Iino and Tsubame as well, probably Iino more simply because she is more of a main character, just fine with whichever way it goes. And well cute Iino's smile.
Karen now in her dream land ...
Hayasaka <3
Feb 6, 2019 8:24 PM
Mar 2015
Nice of Ishigami to give that heart to her It really cheered her up
Feb 6, 2019 8:44 PM

Jan 2018
Seeds of the next conflict seems interesting,

Well, I wonder if that senpai has already rejected ishigami?
Feb 6, 2019 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
So many interesting parts.

1) I am so happy for Iino. With all her edges, she really means well, and to her, the "if everyone's happy, I am happy" phrase actually has meaning. Also, here we have yet another Iino/Ishigami hook and the ominous "if I'm too overprotective, I may rob her of room to grow" line. Looking very much forward to more developments from this angle.

2) As much as I'm fond of both Ishigami and Tsubame-senpai, the one who is effectively limiting his chances is Ishigami himself. He clearly still sees Tsubame as "above" him somehow, while he deals with Iino squarely on eye level.

3) I'm beginning to feel even more pity to Tsundere-senpai. Kashiwagi seems to genuinely care for Maki. I can only imagine how much this puts her between a rock and a hard place. I read that Akasaka-sensei works hard to make all of his characters likable at least to a degree. Which is what makes me care. I do care.

4) I demand a Hayasaka arc with meaningful developments. She is the person who suffers the most for the least reward. Change that, Akasaka-sensei!

5) Do we have any idea who Ryuju Momo is? Neither name nor looks ring a bell to me.
Feb 6, 2019 8:55 PM

Jun 2015
Oh Ishigami love triangle about to start. I really like Iino now I didn't like her much at the start though.
:)
Feb 6, 2019 9:25 PM

May 2013
Mentar said:
5) Do we have any idea who Ryuju Momo is? Neither name nor looks ring a bell to me.

IIRC she first appeared in the chapter where Shirogane was meeting with all of the club presidents (when Kei was visiting the council room). She's shown up a few times here and there after that, like when the mass media club girls were doing interviews.
Feb 6, 2019 9:29 PM
Sep 2018
I can't wait for the reactions when the other characters find out Kaguya and Miyuki are already a couple! Especially Chika.
Feb 6, 2019 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
Congintive said:

Well, I wonder if that senpai has already rejected ishigami?
She hasnt, she just needs to give it time to get her thoughts together on it cause she feels like she doesnt know him.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 6, 2019 10:22 PM

Jul 2017
I don't really mind which way it goes, as long as O U R G U Y Ishigami gets paired up with someone before this all ends.

Also 0% chance of harem. Aka-sensei already said he don't like those.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Feb 6, 2019 10:50 PM

Dec 2015
That ominous ending though lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 6, 2019 11:38 PM
Apr 2016
Geez Ishigami, How much of a natural player can you be....
Feb 7, 2019 2:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So many great things happening all at once

Kaguya's MAL score has gone up several points in the last two chapters and it's not hard to see why ^^
Feb 7, 2019 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
Oh, Ishigami...

Freaking Fujiwara ended up finding something xDD

And we got a nice view of the kiss! That was fantastic.
Feb 7, 2019 5:32 AM

Aug 2015
So, on one hand Prez gets kaguya and on the other end ishigami is slowly building his own harem,great
Feb 7, 2019 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
This chapter is simply a series of heartmelt moments
1. Hayasaka blushing over whatever is happening on top of the clock tower with all the clues lead to one and only "ultra romantic" path. Please give her happiness....
2. Subject F to actually found something in her search of "The Promised Land".
3. And we got ourself the first casualty of witnessing the truth... RIP Karen and many of the readers...
4. Maki and Kashiwagi
5. And then... O U R B O Y Treasurer Ishigami with IMO the best girl for him. Even though all the clues lead to this ship but I'm interested with the upcoming conflict.
6. Finally.. Confirmed kiss from Miyuki and Kaguya. With this there will not be any other speculation of somehow blocked kiss.

Another good chapter delivered by Aka-sensei. Luckily I'm still alive after reading it.
Feb 7, 2019 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mentar said:
So many interesting parts.

4) I demand a Hayasaka arc with meaningful developments. She is the person who suffers the most for the least reward. Change that, Akasaka-sensei!

There cannot be a single should in the Free world who could be in disagreement with you on this. We need a Hayasaka-happiness arc.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 7, 2019 6:25 PM
Sep 2011
That Ryuju Momo looked a little familiar to me too, but I can't remember anything she's done nor where she's appeared before.
Well, good thing there's a wiki for this: http://kaguyasama-wa-kokurasetai.wikia.com/wiki/Momo_Ryuju

And praise to Akasaka-sensei! These last couple of chapters are so good. I'm looking forward to the next arc!
evilcornFeb 7, 2019 6:34 PM
Feb 7, 2019 9:10 PM
Jan 2015
Another great chapter. Also glad the kiss was legit on the lips and not just a peck on the cheek
My Queens

Feb 8, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2017
Lovin it once again <3 Miyuki really did a good job on planning this whole event~

But....with the situation of Ishigami....wtf will happen next > . <
You dense boi!
Feb 8, 2019 11:14 AM
Jan 2017
I really hope Iino doesn’t end up with Ishigami, purely because I could see it happening from a mile away and it’s really cliché. I don’t dislike Iino at all, but the “first crush” literally never wins under normal circumstances when it comes to manga, so seeing another first crush girl who realises their feelings for x too late and lets other, more “unique” girl take x instead would be a really tired and boring trope to play into. First Crushes normally get shafted as much as childhood friends, sometimes are bundled together as a childhood friend, but most importantly, they never win. I’m sure Aka would make Iino and Ishigami compelling, but it wouldn’t have much impact for me. What would be way more impressive to me would be Ishigami and Iino coming to the conclusion that they’re good friends and just accepting that. That would take guts to write.
Feb 9, 2019 6:30 AM
Mar 2017
I don't know who to ship with Ishigami anymore! >.<
Feb 9, 2019 7:13 AM
Jan 2017
JizzyHitler said:
Oni_Zokuchou said:
I really hope Iino doesn’t end up with Ishigami, purely because I could see it happening from a mile away and it’s really cliché. I don’t dislike Iino at all, but the “first crush” literally never wins under normal circumstances when it comes to manga, so seeing another first crush girl who realises their feelings for x too late and lets other, more “unique” girl take x instead would be a really tired and boring trope to play into. First Crushes normally get shafted as much as childhood friends, sometimes are bundled together as a childhood friend, but most importantly, they never win. I’m sure Aka would make Iino and Ishigami compelling, but it wouldn’t have much impact for me. What would be way more impressive to me would be Ishigami and Iino coming to the conclusion that they’re good friends and just accepting that. That would take guts to write.
You are forgetting that miko is the first crush though, remmember that shes been in love with her shining prince who wrote her words of encouragement in the past, she just doesnt know its ishigami yet.

Sorry, should’ve clarified. Meant the guy’s first crush in a manga, the one that we see first. Normally the first girl that the guy crushes on will lose unless they’re either;
1) quirky and immediately break the image the guy has of them
2) the main female character of a 2 person romance story

Otherwise, the Male character will eventually end up with another female character, and you can see it from miles away.
Feb 9, 2019 2:01 PM
Sep 2011
I've been having this feeling that Kashiwagi is only staying with her boyfriend to keep Maki to herself.
Feb 9, 2019 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
Oni_Zokuchou said:
JizzyHitler said:
You are forgetting that miko is the first crush though, remmember that shes been in love with her shining prince who wrote her words of encouragement in the past, she just doesnt know its ishigami yet.

Sorry, should’ve clarified. Meant the guy’s first crush in a manga, the one that we see first. Normally the first girl that the guy crushes on will lose unless they’re either;
1) quirky and immediately break the image the guy has of them
2) the main female character of a 2 person romance story

Otherwise, the Male character will eventually end up with another female character, and you can see it from miles away.
Yeah i realized thats what you meant immediately after typing it out. I can get what you mean then.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 10, 2019 1:41 AM

Jan 2018
this may or may not be the start of this series ending :<
Feb 10, 2019 3:04 AM

May 2016
That was a hot kiss. Kaguya must've learned it by watching Kashiwagi and her boyfriend's kiss once and copied it perfectly.
Feb 10, 2019 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
Today’s results : All victory.
Feb 10, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
shanimebib said:

which chapter was that?

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 10, 2019 12:00 PM

Sep 2011
thevagus said:
shanimebib said:

which chapter was that?
chapter 90, 2 pages in question

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 10, 2019 12:07 PM

Dec 2017
JizzyHitler said:
thevagus said:

which chapter was that?
chapter 90, 2 pages in question

thanks for telling, pal

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 10, 2019 12:47 PM

Nov 2007
fatdinosaur said:
Mentar said:

IIRC she first appeared in the chapter where Shirogane was meeting with all of the club presidents (when Kei was visiting the council room). She's shown up a few times here and there after that, like when the mass media club girls were doing interviews.

She is also one of the VIPs who would do unpleasant things to get things right. If you don't recall, she made Ogino (that b@stard from Yuu's past) transfer out of Shuuchi'in.

And it might come as a surprise if I reminded you that the lovely (horny) Kashiwagi Nagisa also has a dark side to her (she is one of those VIPs).

Thanks @JizzyHitler for sharing it. In case anyone else's wondering about Iino's standing against the teaching staff for Yuu's sake, that bit is in chapter 89.
Coronavirus.
Apr 6, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2018
I just came back to this chapter discussion to say: RIP Karen - the OG Kaguya/Miyuki shipper, in the end she saw the face of god and died with smile on her face :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 26, 2019 6:56 PM
Feb 2019
yes!! yuu x iino!!! im so here for it. also im hoping we figure out who gave her that flower in that note.... im pretty sure we already know tho~ :')
Jul 3, 2020 6:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
After all those chapters, even though it cut from that kiss and I wanted to see more right away, my soul was in peace that Miko still got some love~~
Aug 18, 2020 12:15 AM

Dec 2013
Hayasaka's embarrassed reaction when she realised what Shirogane had done was just amazing.

RIP Karen. At least she saw the promised land before she died.

The beginning of Iino x Ishigami? I have a feeling Iino is in for some pain...

Overall this was the best arc in the series. I'm looking forward to where the story will go from here. Especially with how many chapters left until I catch up.
Oct 18, 2020 4:31 PM
May 2020
This is what peak fiction looks like ladies and gentlemen...
Feb 1, 2021 1:29 AM

Aug 2020
OMGGGGG KAGUYA AND SHIROGNA FINALLY KISSED!!!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Nov 10, 2021 3:42 PM

Nov 2016
Yooo, this is going crazy.

After this arc I can finally see why this series received so much praise beyond just the comedy. Now I'm absolutely sold on the romantic aspect myself.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 3, 2022 6:15 AM

Jul 2021
It's hilarious how people are still investigating the thief and Chika is back at it again with her physics knowledge but one of the girls especially from the media club saw Kaguya and Shirogane kissing, her face was really like someone who totally has a dream come true lmao. Miko and Ishigami are surely a better ship than with Tsubame senpai because they're sure to be happier with each other yet.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 281 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lezet - Oct 29, 2022

251 by SrRoses »»
Mar 4, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

11 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 251 Discussion

Depal2 - Jan 25, 2022

35 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

16 by MeyerDitt »»
Feb 6, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - May 27, 2019

61 by codelyok13 »»
Jan 24, 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.