Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2017 9:45 AM

Mar 2016
If you find some bugs or errors say it !

Here a list of know bugs who will be fixed soon !
[Bugs]

• [03.11.2017] Sometimes for some unknow reason the stats of an user is doubled (update with the button in profile or waiting the next automactically update fix this)

[Fixed bugs]

• [21.12.2017] Users ranking : When hover a user without profile picture, the picture is hidden
  • [23.10.2017] User without profile image in myanimelist.net has no image in mal-badges.net instead of a default image.
  • [11.10.2017] Badge counter in home page is broken.
  • [09.10.2017] If a badge has no rank the progress bar is empty.
  • [27.09.2017] Badge Episodes don't count episode if anime is in your plan to watch but you have already watched episode.
  • [22.09.2017] The progress bar is full one before the required quantity. Ex: Movie Fan : completed 29/30 and the bar is full.
Koito91Dec 9, 2022 9:33 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
I'm the creator of mal-badges, go chek the club!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 3, 2017 3:02 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Hi!

I've noticed this weird bug before, and it still happens in the site.

This actually happened to my badges before, but I don't know the exact cause. It's like the total number of badges and xp increase to double their amount.

I saw this morning that the rankings have been messed up or something. There were some users who had over 400000 xp and I don't know how they exploited this. I caught a screenshot of the top ranked user where his/her badges and xp got doubled.

Correct Stats

Fake Stats

Same user, but all stats have been doubled. No idea why and how the calculation of stats got doubled.

Also, I think the stats for a user can be told it's fake or doubled if the number of badges have exceeded 120. If you see a user with 150 badges, then it's fake, and updating his/her page can easily fix this issue to revert it back to the correct stats.

Well I had some free time right now to report this bug so why not? :P
Nov 3, 2017 3:31 AM

Mar 2016
LunyRed said:
Hi!

I've noticed this weird bug before, and it still happens in the site.

This actually happened to my badges before, but I don't know the exact cause. It's like the total number of badges and xp increase to double their amount.

I saw this morning that the rankings have been messed up or something. There were some users who had over 400000 xp and I don't know how they exploited this. I caught a screenshot of the top ranked user where his/her badges and xp got doubled.

Correct Stats

Fake Stats

Same user, but all stats have been doubled. No idea why and how the calculation of stats got doubled.

Also, I think the stats for a user can be told it's fake or doubled if the number of badges have exceeded 120. If you see a user with 150 badges, then it's fake, and updating his/her page can easily fix this issue to revert it back to the correct stats.

Well I had some free time right now to report this bug so why not? :P

Yeah I know it. I'm not really sure when this happend.

Every 15 minutes, 10 users is update automatically but some times It crash and I receive an email (this crash make the double stat bug) but I try to launch it mannualy yesterday and update all user one by one to see if I can make this happend and it doesn't work.

I think the problem is if the ten user update are too big list, (if it's update the five first ranked users for example), in this case it reach the time limit and it crash.

I'm searching how to fix this, but I don't know for the moment :')

Thanks for you report !

EDIT :
It's not the user who make this bug happend, I can see how much pepoles visite my website and I know that some pepole where the bug happend has never come back after the first time xD
Jikan_Nov 3, 2017 3:38 AM

Dec 11, 2017 7:28 AM

Feb 2013
Every time in a while I update my MAL badges. However, it insists to stick in a old status that is calculated few weeks ago... Like, it calculates the current status, but few minutes later it shows the old status again. Whar should I do?

Old status:

New status:

Dec 11, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
Tebaldi said:
Every time in a while I update my MAL badges. However, it insists to stick in a old status that is calculated few weeks ago... Like, it calculates the current status, but few minutes later it shows the old status again. Whar should I do?

Old status:

New status:

Hi,

Your new statuts is a bug, they are only 100 badges. It happend when you click two time on the "update" button but it's fixed the next time you update it. I will fix it when I find exactly why this happen :)

Your old status is your correct badges :)

Dec 25, 2017 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
Seems like I got the bug where my stats doubled and I'm placed first in ranking (not that I mind). Could it be a case sensitivity issue? First, I entered my username without capitalization ("bunnie") and then updated again with capitalization ("Bunnie"). That's when it somehow doubled.

Edit: Nvm. Guess it wasn't the issue. My stats still doubled.

BunnieDec 26, 2017 8:04 AM
Dec 27, 2017 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
Bunnie said:
Seems like I got the bug where my stats doubled and I'm placed first in ranking (not that I mind). Could it be a case sensitivity issue? First, I entered my username without capitalization ("bunnie") and then updated again with capitalization ("Bunnie"). That's when it somehow doubled.

Edit: Nvm. Guess it wasn't the issue. My stats still doubled.

Hi,

Yeah this bug is still here, I don't have time for it for the moment but I will do something about it soon ! ( the next time you upload your profile fix this for the moment). It's not a simple bug and I need to make change in a complexe part of the site so It take somes times.

Thanks for you report !

Bye :)

Jan 26, 2018 2:51 AM
May 24, 2018 7:36 AM
Mar 2014
The api broke the site :(
May 24, 2018 7:38 AM

Mar 2016
AnimeAndMe said:
The api broke the site :(

Yeah, just wait. I can't do anything :(

Aug 27, 2018 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
Hey, really interested in the project! Not too sure but I click 'Its me' on my page at the following: http://www.mal-badges.net/users/alexthetrex and nothing happens or my stats aren't updated.
Aug 27, 2018 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
alexthetrex said:
Hey, really interested in the project! Not too sure but I click 'Its me' on my page at the following: http://www.mal-badges.net/users/alexthetrex and nothing happens or my stats aren't updated.

Try making your list public. It must've relied on the API to bypass the restriction.
Aug 27, 2018 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
Lil-Bird said:

Try making your list public. It must've relied on the API to bypass the restriction.

Ok this sorta worked. The page was updated, all but the picture.
Sep 13, 2018 1:34 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Mal-badges seems to have been fluctuating today. I don't know if it's just from my Internet connection (which I highly doubt it wasn't), or this might have been caused by MAL itself.

It would sometimes display inaccurate stats which is completely different from the actual data in one's anime list. Right now, it displays my badges and xp just fine but it might sometimes revert to being unsteady and display wrong stats so it might take a couple of updates to acquire the correct data again.

I'm reporting it in here, just in case you need its attention. Thank you!
Sep 13, 2018 9:50 AM

Apr 2013
I've been having a similar bug, actually. I don't know how to really explain it very well, but any time a badge gets to the next level (if it's not all, it's only some badges), the XP only updates half of the projected points. Like when I noticed something was up, I had got up to the next level of "Game", and I was supposed to get 500 XP, but only got 250 instead. The same thing happened recently with the 2018 badge. And I don't know if that ever fixed itself eventually.

I gotta go back and do a recount and tally, but I'm really certain I don't have the right amount of XP I should have based on the badges and levels completed.
Sep 13, 2018 12:23 PM
Mar 2015
hey, thanks a lot for doing such a job for us!
I dont have anything from Action Fan to Movie fan (and obviously i am a lot of the missing ones)
Is it just me?

Sep 13, 2018 5:04 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
maxma said:
I dont have anything from Action Fan to Movie fan (and obviously i am a lot of the missing ones)
Is it just me?

Don't worry, dude. I updated it for you. :) It just needed a single update after the Genre badges have been restored today.
Sep 13, 2018 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
Lil-Bird said:
I've been having a similar bug, actually. I don't know how to really explain it very well, but any time a badge gets to the next level (if it's not all, it's only some badges), the XP only updates half of the projected points. Like when I noticed something was up, I had got up to the next level of "Game", and I was supposed to get 500 XP, but only got 250 instead. The same thing happened recently with the 2018 badge. And I don't know if that ever fixed itself eventually.

I gotta go back and do a recount and tally, but I'm really certain I don't have the right amount of XP I should have based on the badges and levels completed.

Follow up: I did calculations, and I got the exact XP listed on the page, probably because everything returned to normal and was able to update, not sure. I'll keep an eye out for the next badge level up to see if that has the "updates only half" problem I was having before, but it may only be limited to some badges for all I know. Kind of a "wait and see if there's multiple occurrences" incident, I suppose.
Sep 14, 2018 9:24 AM

Mar 2016
Thanks to help other pepoles :)
@LunyRem @Lil-Bird

Sep 14, 2018 10:51 AM

Sep 2015
I wouldn't say that everything returned to normal. I still have about 10.000 less xp than I had before and I should have about 1 or 2 thousand more if the site count things as it had been. Probably it doesn't count everything in the genre badges it used to.
Oct 10, 2018 1:18 PM

May 2012
https://imgur.com/a/1OnM8ZQ

My problem is that the badge for 2007 only counts 28 anime when I've completed 29. I wonder what causes this and hope you can help.

Oct 11, 2018 9:37 AM

Mar 2016
Suna_Kujira said:
https://imgur.com/a/1OnM8ZQ

My problem is that the badge for 2007 only counts 28 anime when I've completed 29. I wonder what causes this and hope you can help.

Huuum don't know why xD I have try something but I need to wait for see if this correct your problem. Let me know if nothing change :)

Oct 11, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2012
Jikan_ said:

Huuum don't know why xD I have try something but I need to wait for see if this correct your problem. Let me know if nothing change :)

Still the same, thanks for trying though.
Oct 16, 2018 5:04 AM
Apr 2017
HI!!!!

My MAL BADGES it's not calculating the xp right.
Now I have 34150 xp but i should have more. I used a calculator to confirm that.
Help me :( My name is Ayami2059

Thnks so much <3
Oct 16, 2018 9:08 AM

Mar 2016
Ayami2059 said:
HI!!!!

Now I have 34150 xp but i should have more. I used a calculator to confirm that.

Thnks so much <3

Hi,
Why did you should have more ? xD

Oct 16, 2018 10:21 AM
Apr 2017
If I join the experience of the boxes, I get more.
But maybe i don't know how the sum of experience works :$
I have doubts :(
Oct 16, 2018 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Ayami2059 said:
If I join the experience of the boxes, I get more.
But maybe i don't know how the sum of experience works :$
I have doubts :(

I don't understand what you are saying XD
XP increase when you pass a rank on a level (you need to update your profile)

Oct 18, 2018 11:46 AM
May 2018
Hey there!

First I'd like to say that I really enjoy the badge system you've made, but there is one thing I noticed with my badges and I couldn't figure out why it was like this. SO basically, on the normal MAL site it says that I've watched 2747 episodes, yet my MAL-badges says I've only watched 2675 episodes? If you know why it doesn't count 72 of my episodes, please tell me!

Thanks in advance!
Oct 18, 2018 2:19 PM

Mar 2016
Talefijn said:
Hey there!

First I'd like to say that I really enjoy the badge system you've made, but there is one thing I noticed with my badges and I couldn't figure out why it was like this. SO basically, on the normal MAL site it says that I've watched 2747 episodes, yet my MAL-badges says I've only watched 2675 episodes? If you know why it doesn't count 72 of my episodes, please tell me!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

It's because th myanimelist.net doesn't return the right number. And in my case i don't count rewatched episode (no acces to this data).

Bye :)

Oct 23, 2018 1:54 PM
Feb 2017
Why is it in achievements I have 5 in the genre of "Samurai" Using the search, I count 4 added to the list.
Oct 23, 2018 1:56 PM

Mar 2016
moddex said:
Why is it in achievements I have 5 in the genre of "Samurai" Using the search, I count 4 added to the list.

How did you make the search ? MyAnimeList.net is not always right so maybe it's come from here

Oct 29, 2018 3:34 AM
Apr 2017
Jikan_ said:
Ayami2059 said:
HI!!!!

Thnks so much <3

Hi,

For example, when you watch 7000 episodes you'll earn 7000 xp, but when i watched the 7000 episodes i only earned 1000xp, and i don't know if it's okey or it's a bug :$
Oct 29, 2018 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
Ayami2059 said:
Jikan_ said:

Hi,

For example, when you watch 7000 episodes you'll earn 7000 xp, but when i watched the 7000 episodes i only earned 1000xp, and i don't know if it's okey or it's a bug :$

How did you know you have only 1000 xp for 7000 episode ? The amount of XP per badge is not display in your mal-badge profile only the total of all your xp

Please try to be more clear, use screenshot if necessary :)

Nov 1, 2018 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
Maybe where the misunderstanding lies is how leveling adds to the XP.

I know it confused me first that for example, it says LVL1 gives 50XP and LVL2 100XP; LVL3 250XP while in reality LVL1 gives 50XP, LVL2 anoter 50 and LVL3 another 150 so in the end you'll have LVL3=250XP instead of LVL3=50+100+250=400XP.
Nov 5, 2018 6:23 AM
Apr 2017
Heldengeist said:
Maybe where the misunderstanding lies is how leveling adds to the XP.

I know it confused me first that for example, it says LVL1 gives 50XP and LVL2 100XP; LVL3 250XP while in reality LVL1 gives 50XP, LVL2 anoter 50 and LVL3 another 150 so in the end you'll have LVL3=250XP instead of LVL3=50+100+250=400XP.

OH!! TY!! Now i know how the xp from mald badges it's working!!
Thank you so much for help me to understand it ^^

I think it was ''LVL3=50+100+250=400XP'' ^^ But now i know how it is :3
Dec 25, 2018 6:10 AM
May 2015
People cheat by putting insane amount of episodes at an anime with like 12 episodes. Like Warrose, yanevich, Mariijuana and fovez for example
Dec 25, 2018 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
Lycona1983 said:
People cheat by putting insane amount of episodes at an anime with like 12 episodes. Like Warrose, yanevich, Mariijuana and fovez for example

Not to mention Warrose and yanevich aren't active anymore, it looks like.
Dec 25, 2018 3:44 PM

Mar 2016
Lycona1983 said:

Can't do anything myanimelist.net and malbagdes are based on trust

Feb 5, 2019 3:36 PM

Apr 2013
Alright, I think I'd be able to show that XP points only get half-updated. XP is supposed to be 1,000, only got 500.

Any reason why it does this? I think it updates itself proper eventually, but I don't know if it's API-related or what. I'm just confused, is all.
Feb 6, 2019 8:43 AM

Sep 2015
Lil-Bird said:
Alright, I think I'd be able to show that XP points only get half-updated. XP is supposed to be 1,000, only got 500.

Any reason why it does this? I think it updates itself proper eventually, but I don't know if it's API-related or what. I'm just confused, is all.

It works as it always worked. Only misleading. Please scroll up 5 comments or click here and read my last comment from Nov 1 last year.
Feb 6, 2019 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
Heldengeist said:
It works as it always worked. Only misleading. Please scroll up 5 comments or click here and read my last comment from Nov 1 last year.

Interesting. I could've sworn it's actually updated like that in the past, though--there's been times it gains points at random when I haven't done anything to upgrade a badge and then I'm like "Where'd that extra XP come from?"
Feb 6, 2019 9:44 AM

Sep 2015
Lil-Bird said:
Interesting. I could've sworn it's actually updated like that in the past, though--there's been times it gains points at random when I haven't done anything to upgrade a badge and then I'm like "Where'd that extra XP come from?"
It worked always like this. It's just that after MAL shut down last summer MAL badges still have some issues with scanning accounts and does weird things. About 2 weeks ago I was catabulted into the TOP10 for 2 days, but generally I'm still missing about 5000XP from before MAL went down.
Feb 6, 2019 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Heldengeist said:
Lil-Bird said:
It worked always like this. It's just that after MAL shut down last summer MAL badges still have some issues with scanning accounts and does weird things. About 2 weeks ago I was catabulted into the TOP10 for 2 days, but generally I'm still missing about 5000XP from before MAL went down.

Curentrly the spend day badge doesn't exit so it's why you missing 5000xp I think. And yeah it's always work like that

Apr 5, 2019 5:33 PM

Jun 2016
I'm sure the current API issues are frustrating and I don't know anything about code so I don't know what's going on, but graph.anime.plus is back to normal even without the API. There must be a way, I'm sure lots of people would appreciate if MAL badges comes back.
glassyeyesApr 5, 2019 7:33 PM
Apr 7, 2019 8:04 AM

Mar 2016
CommieCool said:
I'm sure the current API issues are frustrating and I don't know anything about code so I don't know what's going on, but graph.anime.plus is back to normal even without the API. There must be a way, I'm sure lots of people would appreciate if MAL badges comes back.

They are currently a was. Mal-badges is workling now xD They are some bugs but mal-badges is online and working. I just don't have the time to work to fix this small bugs and wait for an API.
I don't know how many pepoles works on mal graph and how they code it.
I don't think the curently state of mal-badges is so bad If a huge bug is found I generaly fix it but now the only bug I can find is that the count of gender is sometimes wrong if gender change on myanimelist.net

Maybe I don't know something ?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Support ( 1 2 3 4 )

Koito91 - Dec 9, 2022

188 by YuraItsuki »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » Suggestions ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Koito91 - Dec 13, 2022

204 by _cjessop19_ »»
Mar 29, 2:26 AM

Sticky: » [Mar 3] Current Status

Koito91 - Feb 21

0 by Koito91 »»
Feb 21, 11:04 PM

» Lost/Inaccessible Media taskforce

_cjessop19_ - Jul 18, 2023

18 by IridescentJaune »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:45 PM

» Badges for specific shows considered harmful

inim - Dec 25, 2022

4 by Zevven »»
Jul 8, 2023 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.